Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-24-2007, 12:37 AM   #101
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree View Post
My nightfall campaign had two unused trial keys. One for the original campaign and factions. And one for nightfall. I have sent you both via PM.

Have fun.

Thank you very much, you truly are a prince amongst men
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #102
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I know I'm a little late to the game on the whole MMO universe, but decided to give Guild Wars a go over the Holidays. I picked up Nightfall as I had read this was a good campaign for continuing players as well as newbies. I've enjoyed it enough that my son and I also bought the Eye of the North expansion. I have a Level 18 Ranger/Dervish getting my butt kicked "up north" right now.

I went ahead and bought the original Prophecies campaign, and have a Necromancer/Warrior.

I've spent the majority of my playing time flying solo and grabbing Henchmen and Heroes along the way. It's only recently that I've started playing it with my son (the beginning of Prophecies limits you to a party size of 2). I guess I don't yet "get" the whole guild aspect of this game (and similar clan-like organizations of other games). When do you just join up with fellow guild members (I don't mean "joining" the guild, but rather forming a party together)? Don't you all have to stay relatively close in Levels and Quests so you can do them together? For me, I log on at different times (around my kids sports schedules, and mostly at night after they and the Mrs have gone to bed) and play when I get the chance. It wouldn't be fair to have the rest of the guild play during similar timeframes.

So to those of you that are experienced with this game, how do you determine when to play solo, PvE, and finally PvP (I haven't even tackled this entire aspect of the game yet)?

I also just started reading the manual for the first time, and would now like to go back and start over (between what I've learned playing the game and reading some of the mechanics). I dabbled with my second profession being a Monk, but am not enjoying the whole Healing part. I much prefer to be on the front lines instead of a support character. What has been your favorite character class combination?

Cheers...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #103
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I gave GW a try last year when I became bored with WoW. I did not really care for the game all that much and got rid of it. Things I did not like:

1) Everytime you leave a town you enter your own instance (private world). This means that you will never come across any other players, only NPC's. Makes the entire game seem very lonely at times.
2) Some of the areas I wanted my character to walk to were inaccessible. For example, when I wanted to go down the side of a hill, I had to go around it to get to the bottom, rather than just jump down or walk down the slope itself. This made for a very unrealistic experience.

I thought the graphics were decent but not as great as some people had made them out to be. The questing was ok but again, nothing special.

I was really excited about this game when it first came out but was already playing World of Warcraft so I did not try it until last year. Was very disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #104
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
I know I'm a little late to the game on the whole MMO universe, but decided to give Guild Wars a go over the Holidays. I picked up Nightfall as I had read this was a good campaign for continuing players as well as newbies. I've enjoyed it enough that my son and I also bought the Eye of the North expansion. I have a Level 18 Ranger/Dervish getting my butt kicked "up north" right now.

I went ahead and bought the original Prophecies campaign, and have a Necromancer/Warrior.

I've spent the majority of my playing time flying solo and grabbing Henchmen and Heroes along the way. It's only recently that I've started playing it with my son (the beginning of Prophecies limits you to a party size of 2). I guess I don't yet "get" the whole guild aspect of this game (and similar clan-like organizations of other games). When do you just join up with fellow guild members (I don't mean "joining" the guild, but rather forming a party together)? Don't you all have to stay relatively close in Levels and Quests so you can do them together? For me, I log on at different times (around my kids sports schedules, and mostly at night after they and the Mrs have gone to bed) and play when I get the chance. It wouldn't be fair to have the rest of the guild play during similar timeframes.

So to those of you that are experienced with this game, how do you determine when to play solo, PvE, and finally PvP (I haven't even tackled this entire aspect of the game yet)?

I also just started reading the manual for the first time, and would now like to go back and start over (between what I've learned playing the game and reading some of the mechanics). I dabbled with my second profession being a Monk, but am not enjoying the whole Healing part. I much prefer to be on the front lines instead of a support character. What has been your favorite character class combination?

Cheers...

I have the same problem with World of Warcraft with time management. Many people can play for hours upon hours upon hours. I, however, work, go to school, have kids, and many other things going on in real life that do not allow me to play as much as others do. I will never have the best gear or the most characters, but I enjoy playing at my own pace. I do alot of solo stuff as well. I play at night alot after everyone goes to bed (makes for some sleep deprived nights).

Anyway, I recommend you just keep doing what you are doing. Play when you want to and don't worry about other people in guilds and stuff. We all have different commitments in real life and cannot always play when others want us to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #105
twothree
College Prospect

Probably the last "major" update to the game before Guild Wars 2.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Game_updates/20081113

Highlights:
Storybooks (like the Hero's Handbook for Eye of the North) are now available for all of the original three games.
Wisdom and Treasure Hunter titles are now account-based.
Luxon, Kurzick, Sunspear, Lightbringer, and Eye of the North titles have been rebalanced.

The major thing I have always liked about Guild Wars is no subscription fees. I can go months without playing the game. And then get back into playing the game for several months, and it doesn't cost me anything extra.

As for my accomplishments since last year (post #93). I completed both the faction and nightfall campaigns with my main character. I have also unlocked all heroes (26? of them) and got them all to level 20 for my main character, finally getting Razah unlocked just last month. I also have been trying to collect one of every stackable collectable drop (like a minotaur horn or grawl necklace) that exsists in the game by defeating a monster that drops the item (instead of just purchasing the items from another player). I don't have an "in game" reason to do this, but it has become a goal that determines what areas I goto.

Things that I still haven't tried are: vanquishing an area, playing in "hard" mode, maxing any titles (like skill hunter or guardian), hunting for unique weapons, upgrading my heroes' armor, or pretty much almost anything related to PvP.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #106
condors
College Starter

That is cool twothree.

My experience with the game is get quest, get npcs, party wipe, repeat (I really enjoyed the first 10 levels or so of the game)

I do get the urge to try again and with it being free maybe i will jump back in this weekend.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #107
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Haven't played in a while.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #108
PilotMan
Head Coach

So, a little late to the party but, my oldest son and I each picked up GW at Half Price Books for 10 bucks each. I have never played an MMORPG, so for 10 bucks I would give it a shot, plus no sub fees and a great game made me do it.

I have been having fun with it, my only character is up to level 13 now. Wondering if anyone else is still playing?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #109
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
So, a little late to the party but, my oldest son and I each picked up GW at Half Price Books for 10 bucks each. I have never played an MMORPG, so for 10 bucks I would give it a shot, plus no sub fees and a great game made me do it.

I have been having fun with it, my only character is up to level 13 now. Wondering if anyone else is still playing?

I fire it up once in a while - It seems like I lose interest in GW pretty quick though. But I do like how I can do a mission in less than 30-40 min...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:48 PM   #110
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

WOW! If ArenaNet is able to successfully implement the ideas detailed in this blog, they could actually help redefine the MMO genre in a good way. This pushed GW2 into a must buy category for me.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #111
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hello mega bump

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote