Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-05-2021, 10:25 PM   #1
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok techies I need YOUR help!

I bought 4 new xbox 360 controllers to replace our dying set.

I've tried the standard hit the wireless sync buttons on all 4 but only 2 will ever connect at a time.

Can anyone assist with this? We love playing some games together as a 4 player family bit if I can't get these controllers to function its going to be impossible.

I've unplugged everything and let it sit, then restarted and gone through the steps per normal, I've returned everything to factory settings.

I'm baffled as to why the controllers won't connect to slots 3 and 4 of the machine. The old ones do with no issues.

any help appreciated.

RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:54 PM   #2
SackAttack
Head Coach

Presumably these are brand new controllers? Make sure they have fresh batteries the first time you sync them, or use a play-and-charge kit.

I'd say also try doing them one at a time, not all four at once. I haven't seen anything suggesting trying to sync 4 at once causes a problem, but when troubleshooting, going one at a time always seems to be the best path.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:57 PM   #3
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Presumably these are brand new controllers? Make sure they have fresh batteries the first time you sync them, or use a play-and-charge kit.

I'd say also try doing them one at a time, not all four at once. I haven't seen anything suggesting trying to sync 4 at once causes a problem, but when troubleshooting, going one at a time always seems to be the best path.

I have read that they require a lot of power to set up the first time so we're letting them charge longer and will try again. I've tried them al together and one at a time.

singly they all connect to the 1 slot, but after
that only 2 will ever connect at a time.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:01 AM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Found this on the web:

Quote:
Use the Micro-USB Cable
Probably the most effortless method of pairing your Xbox One controller is to use the USB to micro-USB cable. Simply connect the controller to the console and turn both on. They should automatically pair.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:00 AM   #5
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Found this on the web:

He's talking 360, not Xbox One, but the same principle should apply - that's why I was talking about the play-and-charge kit.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:08 AM   #6
RendeR
Coordinator

Yeah I have to get one of those cables. These controllers don't have a micro usb connection. The charge and play port is the only option.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:28 AM   #7
Atocep
Coordinator

After resetting my ps4 before selling it I ran into a similar issue. A controller wouldn't pair and I had to get the charging cable sold by Sony to pair it because apparently the Sony cable can do both charging and data with the Playstation and non Sony cables can only charge.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:47 PM   #8
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

That's right it has that connection with the light on it.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote