Old 12-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #101
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #102
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

dola -

Great ending to season three, I felt. The scenes with dexter and the skinner were very well done.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:04 PM   #103
Jas_lov
College Starter

It's Dexter's mother who Harry had an affair with. One would think a major storyline for season 4 would be Deb getting close to discovering that Dexter had a brother, The Ice Truck Killer.

I thought it was a pretty weak season finale since the climax was last episode. The best part of this season was Prado and Dexter's interactions and that was obviously missing. The season overall was good, but not up to par with Season 1 which was the best and Season 2 which was slightly worse than 1. Hopefully they stop doing so many scenes with Dexter's dad as they became too overplayed. I think this show might have one or two good years left in it.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:03 AM   #104
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So how do you guys ultimatly want the show to end?

Dexter killed?
Reformed?
Caught?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:30 AM   #105
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We just got done watching the Finale and we loved it. I think this show has at least several good seasons left in it, as long as they don't lose these writers who are doing a really good job with it. I don't find this episode anti-climatic at all. I thought all of the storylines were handled nicely and this episode provided context, paving the way for next season.

I don't want it to end, but if I had to pick a way it would be for him to be reformed by the changes in his life. I think that is unrealistic with the hunger in him, but at least slightly plausible as he is undergoing some real transformation with the impending birth of his son. I think if you had asked me that question in previous years, it would have been for Dexter to die.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:31 AM   #106
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I would say either killed or reformed, but unsure which. Dexter getting caught would just suck, and I'm not sure why. Just the thought of it pisses me off.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:33 AM   #107
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post

I don't want it to end, but if I had to pick a way it would be for him to be reformed by the changes in his life. I think that is unrealistic with the hunger in him, but at least slightly plausible as he is undergoing some real transformation with the impending birth of his son. I think if you had asked me that question in previous years, it would have been for Dexter to die.

Yea, I would probably want him to be reformed. The first two seasons probably him getting killed would have been no big deal, but I found myself this season growing more and more sympathetic to him for some reason.

But, can Dexter be reformed, though?
Old 12-16-2008, 05:19 AM   #108
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I would be very sad if they eventually end the show with him being reformed. I think it would be a cop-out by the writers in an attempt to not kill off a likable character and i think it would be unrealistic.

If they have to eventually end the series, I would prefer they have him killed. I think though that the show has quite a while left with possibilities though. I at least would like to see it last long enough for his own child to end up old enough that Dexter has to make the same decisions that his father did with him. Does Dexter's child have the same hunger? Does Dexter have to teach him the same lessons? In the end is that what gets Dexter killed... at some point down the road taking his child with him, things end up badly and in a final scene, Dexter finally shows some compassion by putting his own life on the line so his child could get away?

I see all kinds of possibilities for this show.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:53 AM   #109
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I would be very sad if they eventually end the show with him being reformed. I think it would be a cop-out by the writers in an attempt to not kill off a likable character and i think it would be unrealistic.

If they have to eventually end the series, I would prefer they have him killed. I think though that the show has quite a while left with possibilities though. I at least would like to see it last long enough for his own child to end up old enough that Dexter has to make the same decisions that his father did with him. Does Dexter's child have the same hunger? Does Dexter have to teach him the same lessons? In the end is that what gets Dexter killed... at some point down the road taking his child with him, things end up badly and in a final scene, Dexter finally shows some compassion by putting his own life on the line so his child could get away?

Agreed with all of this. I'm looking forward to Deb's reactions as well when she finds out it was Dexter's mother that was cheating with Harry. Plenty of interesting storylines are out there for future seasons, and as long as Michael Hall doesn't get tired of this role, I could see it going for a long time.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:16 AM   #110
Jon
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I at least would like to see it last long enough for his own child to end up old enough that Dexter has to make the same decisions that his father did with him. Does Dexter's child have the same hunger? Does Dexter have to teach him the same lessons? In the end is that what gets Dexter killed... at some point down the road taking his child with him, things end up badly and in a final scene, Dexter finally shows some compassion by putting his own life on the line so his child could get away?

Hopefully they will take this sort of route in the show. That way they continue asking the question that I thought dominated the first season of the show: the nature vs nurture aspects of Dexter being a killer.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:22 AM   #111
Dunleavy
High School JV

i thought the prado angle wasnt working for about the first half of the season but once the tension started look out man. several really good episodes followed

...the phrase "look out man" triggered this...sorry couldn't help myself

Last edited by Dunleavy : 12-16-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Dunleavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:36 AM   #112
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

My favorite show is gone again I absolutely loved this season.. The beginning was slow, but I loved the interaction with Miguel and Dexter. I'm thinking the series will end when Deb solves a murder case linked to Dexter. She will destroy the evidence, but he will at that point become reformed.... and then the ending scene will be his son killing an animal and Dexter finding him...
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:04 AM   #113
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Season 4 starts sept 27. Episode 1 is out there on the net.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #114
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Season 4 starts sept 27. Episode 1 is out there on the net.

time to reorder Showtime.

Funny little story. After last season we canceled Showtime the next day. I was just chatting with the operator while she was pulling up my account and she says " let me guess, you watch Dexter?" Apparently they have a huge number of cancellations right after the season finale airs.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #115
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
time to reorder Showtime.

Funny little story. After last season we canceled Showtime the next day. I was just chatting with the operator while she was pulling up my account and she says " let me guess, you watch Dexter?" Apparently they have a huge number of cancellations right after the season finale airs.

That is amazing to me. In my opinion, Showtime's shows are much better than the ones on HBO. I pretty much have at least one of their shows on year round.. Dexter -> Tudors -> Weeds (my wife likes Nurse Jackie, and I've been trying to figure out if I like Californication or not).

Old 08-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #116
Bad-example
College Starter

I expect Jon Lithgow is going to be great on Dexter this season. I still wonder if Jimmy Smits will appear in Dexter's mind like his father does.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #117
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Dexter is awesome. Probably not getting Showtime this season, but I'll try to get it next fall before Season 5 starts.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #118
spleen1015
Coordinator

I gotta say, I wasn't sure about the show after watching a couple of the episodes in S1, but I'm really enjoying it now. I really like the story line in S2.

Spoiler
Old 09-28-2009, 12:21 AM   #119
stevew
Hall Of Famer

bumpage-

Please kill rita
Old 09-28-2009, 12:29 AM   #120
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quality as always.

And Rita is hot.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:09 AM   #121
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i just watched my first episode of this last night on the recommendation of folks here. thought it was okay. i'd definately go back and try to watch the past episodes to try to catch myself up to speed, but it was decent.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:13 AM   #122
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Got the Dexter bug.. Watched whole season 3 and the first episode of the new season in the past week..
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #123
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am 4 episodes into Season 3.

Is it me or has Rita gotten hotter season to season? She's looking NICE!
Old 10-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #124
Bad-example
College Starter

This season is not quite as good. Jon Lithgow has not been as great as I had hoped, but then they really haven't given him much to work with. Also, I thought it was too huge a coincidence that Lithgow has a trail of murders all over the country but has his home right there in Miami. How convenient.

Deb is still annoying and the more screen time she gets the weaker the episode.

Sad that Miguel Prado didn't return as a mental ghost like Dexter's dad.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:44 AM   #125
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Starting to wonder if trinity is maybe more than just a cycle of three. The casket bit leads me to think Dexter has severly underestimated him.

And the bit with Dex killing the apparent innocent should be good. I was wondering how they were going to stretch the season out. Trinity was revealed far too quickly IMO.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #126
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Starting to wonder if trinity is maybe more than just a cycle of three. The casket bit leads me to think Dexter has severly underestimated him.

And the bit with Dex killing the apparent innocent should be good. I was wondering how they were going to stretch the season out. Trinity was revealed far too quickly IMO.

Agreed on both accounts. I think Trinity has a big surprise in store and I think it will be great to see how Dexter reacts to having killed an innocent, although I was sure that was where they were going with it when he was doing it.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #127
Bad-example
College Starter

Three episodes left. Things are getting more interesting.

The love story with Batista and LaGuerta has been boring as hell. Looks like they are setting up one of them to die this year. LaGuerta?

Great ending this week.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #128
stevew
Hall Of Famer

yeah, didn't see that coming. Although it was fairly obvious she was the shooter.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:41 AM   #129
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

The love story between Batista and LaGuerta is one of the worst things I've ever watched on television. Too bad Batista didn't stay with that woman cop from the end of last season. Because of this triangle it has also caused some of the worst dialogue of the series. More often than not I'm cringing at a lot of the dialogue from everybody. It's like the show got cocky and decided to say whatever the fuck came to mind for each character. In previous seasons everyone was really saying something that was meaningful or something I didn't mind hearing.

I wish I could site examples but I would need to go back and rewatch the episodes, and maybe I will down the road and then I will come back to this post and update at least 20 quotes that are just plain bad. Even Dexter seems to talk to himself too much now.

Last edited by mauchow : 11-23-2009 at 07:44 AM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #130
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
yeah, didn't see that coming. Although it was fairly obvious she was the shooter.

We just watched this last night. I also thought it was obvious that she was the shooter, but was a bit disappointed with the ending. It was shocking/unexpected, but it seems a bit too contrived and well planned for a guy who is on the threshold of unraveling. I'm very interested in where they go with this. As far as the dialogue, I don't see an issue, but I could do without the Batiste/LaGuerta romance.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #131
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I LOL'd when Lithgow told wonder woman "shut up Cunt!".

Dexter is way too sloppy this year. It is going to take way too big of a leap of faith for him to kill Trinity. His exposure is too much with the family. In the digital age and with so many witnesses he just can't make trinity go away.

My thought right now is that he might be able to get Jonah to kill him.

And I think Dexter is gonna have to take Quinn out. There's no way Quinn is so dumb that he won't be able to put together what Dexter is.

I can't see this going more than 5 years. We should get the long awaited dex/deb showdown at least.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #132
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I am 4 episodes into Season 3.

Is it me or has Rita gotten hotter season to season? She's looking NICE!

I've noticed that too. She is absolutely smoking this season. I still want her character dead dead dead.
Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #133
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Rewatching season two. MAJOR hole I just noticed. The guy who wrote down the license plate saw the guy getting out in a car. "he looked drunk". They couldn't bring the guy in and have him look at pics? I mean it would be fairly obvious he foild have excluded Doakes on build or skin color.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #134
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I was disappointed by this twist. Since she is the daughter of Trinity, and he had to have known he shot her and Lundy, wouldn't Arthur then know that she has met Dexter and knows who he is?

So now if Arthur knows Dexter is Kyle, it makes no sense he'd let him come into his home and not have killed him with the numerous chances he has had, much like Dexter has had numerous chances to kill him.

Just way too contrived.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #135
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I was disappointed by this twist. Since she is the daughter of Trinity, and he had to have known he shot her and Lundy, wouldn't Arthur then know that she has met Dexter and knows who he is?

So now if Arthur knows Dexter is Kyle, it makes no sense he'd let him come into his home and not have killed him with the numerous chances he has had, much like Dexter has had numerous chances to kill him.

Just way too contrived.

Another good point. The more I think about this plot twist, the less I like it. Of course, it could turn out that she shot Deb and Lundy just because she is a sociopath like her father and simply wanted to generate a story for her to cover, but that also would feel contrived.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #136
Travis
Pro Rookie

Well, saying that Trinity should know who Dexter is because that's his daughter might be stretching it.

I mean, do you keep tabs on everybody your parents come into contact with? Even if Kyle came up in conversation, what about him, save Trinity giving a full physical description, would tip her off to it being Dexter?

I'm not saying I love the twist but I'm willing to give them at least the next episode to go somewhere with it (maybe father and daughter haven't spoken in years and he's only going to see her because he saw her name in the paper, etc). It'll come down to how close the two are and whether Arthur knows who Dexter really is/that he's been lying all along. I'm not quite sure that's going to be the case though.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #137
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Well, saying that Trinity should know who Dexter is because that's his daughter might be stretching it.

I mean, do you keep tabs on everybody your parents come into contact with? Even if Kyle came up in conversation, what about him, save Trinity giving a full physical description, would tip her off to it being Dexter?

I'm not saying I love the twist but I'm willing to give them at least the next episode to go somewhere with it (maybe father and daughter haven't spoken in years and he's only going to see her because he saw her name in the paper, etc). It'll come down to how close the two are and whether Arthur knows who Dexter really is/that he's been lying all along. I'm not quite sure that's going to be the case though.

Valid but it still makes no sense to me someone as calculating and careful as Arthur Miller would let an absolute stranger into his life as much as he has and not think something is fishy.

I have enjoyed this season, but not nearly as much as the prior three. It just seems like the writing is a bit lazy these days, but it's still fun to watch. I just wish it made a little more sense.

Maybe it's just the Shield/Wire fan in me.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #138
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Valid but it still makes no sense to me someone as calculating and careful as Arthur Miller would let an absolute stranger into his life as much as he has and not think something is fishy.

I have enjoyed this season, but not nearly as much as the prior three. It just seems like the writing is a bit lazy these days, but it's still fun to watch. I just wish it made a little more sense.

Maybe it's just the Shield/Wire fan in me.

Well, to be honest I'm seeing a lot of stuff that doesn't seem to make sense for either Arthur or Dexter this season. Makes me miss Doakes
Old 12-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #139
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Anyone else seeing Deb having a date in the tub with Arthur?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #140
Bad-example
College Starter

1 - Why didn't the cops immediately pull the reporter's cell phone records when they found the postcards and figured out she was in contact with 'daddy'?

2 - Based upon Arthur's pattern, which people in Dexter's life match his victim profiles?

a young woman is killed in a bathtub
an older mother of two falls to her death
a father of two is bludgeoned to death
a preteen boy is abducted and entombed in cement

This season has been rather bloodless compared to earlier seasons. It would be a surprise if at least one regular character doesn't get offed in the finale.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:14 AM   #141
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Omg
Is this the finale?

Cody gets abducted
Deb dies in the Tub
Rita(now a mother of two) falls to her death
Dexter bludgeons Arthur?
Old 12-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #142
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That's just a Random guess bit it fits the cycle. Sorta.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #143
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Good ep, should be a fun finale. I just hate how retarded Dexter was made to look though. I know he's concerned for Deb but how couldn't he notice Arthur's huge rapist van two car lengths behind him for however long that drive was?

It's things like this that keep the show from being great in my eyes but obviously many will differ.

Still fun to watch though.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:28 PM   #144
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I still love this show but they have definitely taken some liberties this season. The whole situation with Quinn is also way to similar to the situation with Doakes.

I don't see them killing a huge character. Deb and Rita are to central to his life and they haven't set anyone else up to buy it, so it would just seem random. I think Lundy was the "main" kill for this season.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:07 AM   #145
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think a major character has to die. Otherwise there would be no real reason to stretch out the trinity storyline. Dexter has to face a penalty for not killing Arthur despite having a bunch of chances to do so.

The frame job on the trucker was too easy. Really lazy writing there. Hopefully Deb(who other than Doakes is the only cop with a brain) digs deeper and figures out it is a sham.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:00 AM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think a major character has to die. Otherwise there would be no real reason to stretch out the trinity storyline. Dexter has to face a penalty for not killing Arthur despite having a bunch of chances to do so.

The frame job on the trucker was too easy. Really lazy writing there. Hopefully Deb(who other than Doakes is the only cop with a brain) digs deeper and figures out it is a sham.

I agree with the first paragraph, disagree with the 2nd. Dexter even said to himself that he knew it would only keep him off his trail for a bit. It was never meant to be a permanent decoy, just to last long enough to allow Dexter to dispose of him. I can see it doing that job.

Loved the meeting between Trinity and Dexter at the end of last night. I liked the explanation of why his daughter killed for him as well, but didn't think to tell dad about Dexter. I'm looking forward to the finale on Sunday. My guess is that Rita ends up being killed and Deb has to step up and help him raise the kids.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:05 AM   #147
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I agree with the first paragraph, disagree with the 2nd. Dexter even said to himself that he knew it would only keep him off his trail for a bit. It was never meant to be a permanent decoy, just to last long enough to allow Dexter to dispose of him. I can see it doing that job.

Loved the meeting between Trinity and Dexter at the end of last night. I liked the explanation of why his daughter killed for him as well, but didn't think to tell dad about Dexter. I'm looking forward to the finale on Sunday. My guess is that Rita ends up being killed and Deb has to step up and help him raise the kids.

I'm hoping if one of the two do die that it is Deb. Both actresses have annoyed me for seasons, but I think Deb has kind of outlived her usefulness on the show. It will spike with next week her finally figuring out who Dexter's mother is and what happened to Dexter as a kid, but then she dies. I think they can stretch Rita's place on the show out longer if they can build on the issues between Dexter and her, with his trying to balance being a father/husband with his inner demons.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #148
Bad-example
College Starter

My money is on LaGuerta getting killed.

Guessing that Rita and Dexter are heading for divorce. It has been a major theme of the season, Dex realizing that he needs to distance himself to avoid raising a nightmare family like Arthur did. I guess they could kill her off instead but it seems to me they have been pointing toward Dexter voluntarily stepping back from his family.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #149
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Supposedly a yet to be seen character appears. From Rita's twitter. Paul's parents are visiting. So it wouldn't shock me if Rita's first husband maybe tracks her down by following them. And kills her.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #150
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Supposedly a yet to be seen character appears. From Rita's twitter. Paul's parents are visiting. So it wouldn't shock me if Rita's first husband maybe tracks her down by following them. And kills her.

That along with everything else seems like quite a bunch to fit in to one final show for this season.

I think that would be a possible arc for next season though perhaps?