Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2017, 09:57 PM   #1
SocratesJC
n00b

Odd blitzing error?

Anyone ever seen this odd blitz description? It is happening every play in the game I am playing SP.

https://gyazo.com/6e591dd9513bc1220e2aec39046b3a91

Most games I play the Blitzing is never accurate (the CB is usually listed as blitzing when the log reports differently), but this one is a first for me.

SocratesJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:15 PM   #2
SocratesJC
n00b

(note that there is supposed to be only one blitzer. In fact, I do not have any plays with more than 1 blitzer).

Also, Pennel is a defensive tackle. Beasley is the Linebacker that is supposed to be blitzing (WOLB).

There is something serious broken about the blitzing engine. I keep running into strange things.

Last edited by SocratesJC : 01-30-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:28 AM   #3
Hammer
College Prospect

Cosmetic or real? If it is just reporting errors I wouldn't describe that as serious.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:31 AM   #4
adso
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocratesJC View Post
Anyone ever seen this odd blitz description? It is happening every play in the game I am playing SP.

https://gyazo.com/6e591dd9513bc1220e2aec39046b3a91

Most games I play the Blitzing is never accurate (the CB is usually listed as blitzing when the log reports differently), but this one is a first for me.

I'm seeing as well. Reports like:
T. Jerod-Eddie is blitzing. S.Acho,
where Jerod-Eddie is NT e Acho WLB.

That's the log:
1-10-LAS36 (3Q: 04:41) Aiden Robertson ran inside the right tackle for 6 yards. Tackled by OLB Aaron Lynch. Key block delivered by Rob Havenstein.
OFFENSE 113t Personnel, Strong formation DEFENSE True 34, Nickel Personnel, Cover-3 Sky
QB E.Manuel
*** LDE A.Armstead In Box +++
X(SE) T.Austin
+++ NT T.Jerod-Eddie In Box +++
TE L.Kendricks
+++ RDE D.Buckner In Box +++
Z(FL) K.Britt
+++ SLB A.Lynch In Box +++
RB A.Robertson Ball Carrier +++ SILB R.McClain In Box +++
SLOT P.Cooper
+++ WLB S.Acho In Box +++
LT E.Gomez
+++ LCB R.Robinson Out of Box +++
LG R.Saffold
+++ RCB W.Redmond Out of Box +++
C T.Barnes
+++ NB Z.Sanchez Out of Box +++
RG S.Winters
+++ SS J.Tartt Out of Box +++
RT R.Havenstein
+++ FS E.Reid Out of Box
adso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:34 AM   #5
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Looks like something that needs to be reported. Probably cosmetic, but just in case...
Old 01-31-2017, 05:24 AM   #6
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Please review the Solevision reports for this play and see whether the Solevision report contains the same error.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 06:00 AM   #7
adso
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbes View Post
Please review the Solevision reports for this play and see whether the Solevision report contains the same error.

Solevision report is OK but it does not mention every player so I don't really know if my defensive players were doing what they're supposed to do.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:22 PM   #8
corbes
College Benchwarmer

What does the solevision report say for that play and what does the game log report say for that play?
Old 01-31-2017, 11:24 PM   #9
adso
n00b

Quote:
What does the solevision report say for that play and what does the game log report say for that play?

I will try and save some time later to post Solevision report. Anyway, as I said, it is correct. I'd say we have two different problems here:
1. In game report is not correct.
2. Log does not match what happened on field
Old 02-01-2017, 05:15 AM   #10
corbes
College Benchwarmer

I think I agree, I'm just trying to pair up what the log says with what happened. Can you post what the log says about the play that's captured in the first screen shot?
Old 02-02-2017, 11:46 PM   #11
SocratesJC
n00b

Quote:
I think I agree, I'm just trying to pair up what the log says with what happened. Can you post what the log says about the play that's captured in the first screen shot?

https://gyazo.com/46fdcdc8acb58190d7603ae3e3ee5767

Completely different person listed as blitzer. This is very common (like, every play I think).

Last edited by SocratesJC : 02-02-2017 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:53 PM   #12
SocratesJC
n00b

This game is still broken yeah? I picked up playing FOF8 again the last few days, but I am running into a lot of the same problems (I'd hoped most would have been fixed over time if I took a break from the game).

The main thing that still seems to happen atm is my cornerbacks apparently (reported ingame) blitzing nearly every play. I don't doubt it is reported differently in the gamelogs, but....

Apart from just complaining about the game. Could someone put together an update on what improvements have been made (and/or if the game has been mostly abandoned in hopes of FOF9 restoring hope). From what I briefly observe, it appears there is much less activity in these forums for FOF8.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:04 AM   #13
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

The game has lost traction in MP from my POV, but I think an improved interface might help. We'll see how FOF 9 works out. Optimism seems high with the team up between FOF and OOTP.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:23 PM   #14
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocratesJC View Post
This game is still broken yeah? I picked up playing FOF8 again the last few days, but I am running into a lot of the same problems (I'd hoped most would have been fixed over time if I took a break from the game).

The main thing that still seems to happen atm is my cornerbacks apparently (reported ingame) blitzing nearly every play. I don't doubt it is reported differently in the gamelogs, but....

Apart from just complaining about the game. Could someone put together an update on what improvements have been made (and/or if the game has been mostly abandoned in hopes of FOF9 restoring hope). From what I briefly observe, it appears there is much less activity in these forums for FOF8.

FOF - General Discussions - OOTP Developments Forums

Check it out here, the activity is mostly in this forum now.
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:01 AM   #15
SocratesJC
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
...Check it out here, the activity is mostly in this forum now.

Thanks! I had wondered if something like that were happening! I will take a look. You rock!
Old 09-04-2018, 03:06 PM   #16
SocratesJC
n00b

Should we have that forum link maybe stickied somewhere? It seems important for people to know where the conversation is taking place now (maybe with an appropriate label indicating the type of conversation there compared to here).