Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2017, 01:56 PM   #1
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

Strained Hamstring

I really hate this injury, usually lasts like 10 weeks with a high reinjury risk. However, I have heard that if you play through it, it can disappear. Anyone have any experience with this? How bad is the reinjury?

Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #2
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Disappearing.. That's an interesting one. I don't think I have heard of that but I guess it might be possible for a player with a hammy to suffer another minor injury which essentially overrides the hamstring.. That may or may not even be a possibility in the game engine.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:15 PM   #3
wustin
College Prospect

Isn't it just like turf toe? Player could heal in 1 week or be out for the rest of the season
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:40 PM   #4
WilleB
H.S. Freshman Team

Arthritis is another. Unknown. Any seen a player recover from this? It's been over 30 games so far.
WilleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:23 PM   #5
WilleB
H.S. Freshman Team

Just pulled the file. So for this play, Arthritis is 35 games.
WilleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:47 PM   #6
SocratesJC
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushikawa View Post
I really hate this injury, usually lasts like 10 weeks with a high reinjury risk. However, I have heard that if you play through it, it can disappear. Anyone have any experience with this? How bad is the reinjury?

I couldn't find anyone that has actually data on this injury. (Although, there are a few posts on the injury where people have discussed the various aspects of it and given small anecdotes to support particular theories). So I decided to do a tiny experiment so that we have something to go off of until someone of greater skill can go through and do some better research.

Hamstring Injury Experiment:

I got a guy with the dreaded 'Strained Hamstring' injury on week 1 (a LG starter). I simulated weeks with him starting until the condition changed. I repeated this 10 times.

9 times out of 10- he was 100 percent healed after 1 to 3 weeks of playing.

1 time he had a lingering injury all year, but still played.

The injury was never aggravated (made more severe).

Thoughts:

I'm sure that a longer experiment with other variables thrown in will produce results with the player aggravating the injury, but it is interesting that it never happened during the 10 trials. 2 variables that can be changed for future research: The strength coach bars are both at just below average (half bars for strength and conditioning) and the stadium turf is 'very good'.

Advice:
It isn't enough data to know with safe/confident certainty, but I reckon I'm starting these guys until someone shows something to indicate it is much more likely a player is aggravated by playing. Like others, I've had a guy sit all season without playing while my horrible backups ran the show. Many people have speculated that playing the guy almost seems to increase the chances of him recovering (probably not true of course). Someone please give data to show otherwise so that we don't go insane!

Last edited by SocratesJC : 09-03-2018 at 05:52 PM.
SocratesJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:57 PM   #7
Born2Run1963
n00b

A hamstring injury for a guard is much less concerning than one for a WR. I've always assumed (which isn't a great thing to do with this game) that particular injuries affect particular positions differently.
Born2Run1963 is offline   Reply With Quote