Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #251
sabotai
General Manager

Dallas takes a 30-3 lead over the Eagles. I know the Eagles came back last week, but this is about twice as big of a lead they have to overcome.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 05:23 PM   #252
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Bidding war. they have serious o-line issues, and really need to adress that first. If you can trade down for 2 1st rounders, you spend them both on lineman.

What he said... Carr can be at least a serviceable NFL QB, he's only looked really bad when he gets sacked 6-7 times a game and has to force passes just to get them off in time. Somebody will want Leinart (or Young even if he keeps his season on track) bad enough that they can probably get a real nice package of picks for the #1
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 05:24 PM   #253
miami_fan
Coordinator

How long until they pull McNabb?
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 05:25 PM   #254
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
This loss doesn't bother me one bit, fyi.
Especially if every other team in the NFC South loses... COME ON ARIZONA!
Old 10-09-2005, 05:31 PM   #255
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

What's up with Peyton? 169 yards and 2 INTs, no TDs.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:36 PM   #256
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
How long until they pull McNabb?
Probably now. 3rd Quarter is just about over. Of course, just as I type that, Philly intercepts the ball and takes it back for a TD. Still, McNabb is hurt and they are still down 20 points with a minute left in the 3rd.

Last edited by sabotai : 10-09-2005 at 05:37 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 05:37 PM   #257
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

get the ball to T.O. get the ball to T.O. !!!!!

for the love of my fantasy team!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 05:42 PM   #258
miami_fan
Coordinator

And here I was wondering when TO was going to explode on the sidelines. Should have known it would have been Keyshawn
Old 10-09-2005, 05:50 PM   #259
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui

I know, I really wish Tampa had won.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 05:50 PM   #260
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
I know, I really wish Tampa had won.
You lost to the Vinnie led Jets! HAW HAW!
Old 10-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #261
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Gosh, facing the Colts D on your first start, you really gotta feel for Alex Smith
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 06:11 PM   #262
timmynausea
College Starter

Is Tatum Bell finally taking over for Anderson? They are both on my fantasy team.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 06:11 PM   #263
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua
Who was considered the better prospect in college, Leinart or Palmer?

According to the NFL Live and Playbook guys: Palmer was much more complete package and had a cooler demeonor under pressure.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 06:39 PM   #264
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ugh. Why on 4th and 5 late in the game would you throw down the field to the endzone and a jump ball? Mccown threw for near 400 yards again, but really showed some nerves late in the game. Cards really should have won that game.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 06:45 PM   #265
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Shit. Redskins 2-pt conversion failed after driving 95 yards for a score.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:57 PM   #266
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Shit. Redskins 2-pt conversion failed after driving 95 yards for a score.

You didn't think they'd luck into a win 4 weeks in a row, did you?

The Redskins of this year really remind me a lot of last years Broncos. They can do some things on offense to frustrate you, but they are inconsistent as hell and make mistakes. The defense is just solid. You look up at the end of the game and say "wow, look at that, 220 total yards, only a td or two given up." Then you realize they didn't have a single game changing play in the game. No sacks, no forced turnovers, no stuffs for four yard losses.

That type of defense can work if you have an offense that can put points on the board. But when you have an offense like Denver or Washington, you need your D to give you a short field once in awhile. The Broncos have forced turnovers this year and have put pressure on the QB. (though today the pressure only came in spurts, it did come, it never came for Washington)

If the turnovers and the pressure stops, so will the W's. And for the Skins, I'm not sure they can win unless their defense starts to make things happen.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:00 PM   #267
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua
Who was considered the better prospect in college, Leinart or Palmer?

By the NFL scouts? Leinhart. Right now he's considered the best QB prospect to come down the pike sinse Peyton Manning left school. There are almost zero questions about him. Strong arm, pro style offense, big game pedigree, consistent both years as a starter. . .

That could always change as the microscope gets shown on him this year, but it isn't likely.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:09 PM   #268
Buccaneer
Head Coach

If Wash's D put no pressure on Plummer, how the hell did he only come up with 9 completions and 92 yards passing?
Old 10-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #269
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
If Wash's D put no pressure on Plummer, how the hell did he only come up with 9 completions and 92 yards passing?

Simple, he sucks.

Tell me one time when Plummer hit the deck on a passing play Buc. He simply wasn't hit. The coverage was great (the CB's play on Lelie late in the game was incredible).

But Plummer was rarely even made to move on a pocket pass. He never once had to scramble (his only runs were on rollouts when everyone was covered and he took off) He never once had his arm hit, a pass tipped at the line, or anything like that.

Again, the Redskins D is very good, they just don't make plays. Four games played now, 4 turnovers forced and 4 sacks. That's against the Bears rookie QB making his first start, the Cowboys, the turnover/sack prone Seahawks and Denver.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:34 PM   #270
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

# of teams in the NFC East with a record over .500: 4
# of teams in the rest of the NFC with a record over .500: 4

Can we eliminate the playoff spots for the NFC North and West winners and just have the entire NFC East, the winner of NFC South and a wildcard in the playoffs?
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:38 PM   #271
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
# of teams in the NFC East with a record over .500: 4
# of teams in the rest of the NFC with a record over .500: 4

Can we eliminate the playoff spots for the NFC North and West winners and just have the entire NFC East, the winner of NFC South and a wildcard in the playoffs?

No.

The Lions are in sole possession of first place in the NFC North. Playoffs, baybee!!!!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:38 PM   #272
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Wow. Those are Harrington-like numbers there.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:56 PM   #273
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Wow. Those are Harrington-like numbers there.

Yeah, they were, but you ahve to factor in a few things there:

1) It was freezing rain all game. Plummer plays horribly in the rain/snow and always has.

2) Washington has a solid D, even if they don't make enough game changing plays.

3) The Broncos played in horrible field possession for much of the second half, being backed up inside the twenty multiple times.

Still, an ugly performence. The good thing is he didn't make the killer mistake (or any mistake for that matter) No fumbles, no INT's. If he's going to suck, it's nice when he sucks without turning the ball over. At least we have a chance to win if he can do that.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:49 PM   #274
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

The more I watch of Carson Palmer/Chad Johnson, the more I like.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #275
miami_fan
Coordinator

That was a hell of a kick
Old 10-09-2005, 10:43 PM   #276
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Cincy's TE just alligator-armed a pass pretty badly just now.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 10:50 PM   #277
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Colts only unbeaten team, SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 10:54 PM   #278
RendeR
Coordinator

*sigh* tough game to lose, this game like many this weekend were horribly officiated. The lack of holding calls on boths sides of the ball was apalling.

Congrats Jags, you made the plays you had to.

Cincinnati really has to figure out how to play run defense. it still sucks. Taylor won that game for the jags, period. Leftwich was awful. but when you rip off 20 yard runs regularly, the passing game really isn't all that important.

4-1 still a damned good record. Do we still have more wins than all but what? 5-6 teams in the NFC? Gotta get ready for the Division games coming up. Big stuff the next few weeks.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:30 PM   #279
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Who Dey?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:23 AM   #280
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Cincy's TE just alligator-armed a pass pretty badly just now.

Sorry that’s and expression I have never heard before. Can some one please explain for the European what “alligator-armed” is all about?
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:26 AM   #281
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK
Sorry that’s and expression I have never heard before. Can some one please explain for the European what “alligator-armed” is all about?

It's a phrase to indicate that the player didn't really extend his arms to try to catch the ball because he was too worried about protecting himself from a big hit.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:37 AM   #282
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Ricky Watters back when he was with Philly was infamous for repeatedly doing this.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:55 AM   #283
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK

EaglesFan prettymuch nailed it. Alligators have tiny little arms, so it's slang for when a guy doesn't extend his arms out, because he knows he might be about to take a hit.

Schoebel alligator-armed a totally catchable ball that would have gone for about a 15 yard gain. Next play Palmer is hit and fumbles, Jags recover, game over. Makes you wonder what might have happened.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:06 AM   #284
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
Oh, and this just in. . . the Texans are a HORRIBLE football team. If they get the #1 pick, I could see them taking Leinhart and trading Carr. Capers may as well get the resume printed up there is no way in hell he coaches this team next year.

You know.. still can't blame carr.. he's on a pace to be sacked 111 times.. what good is picking leinart gonna do.. sure he's made some terrible reads/decisions.. but most of them are out of self preservation

Last edited by Ragone : 10-10-2005 at 06:06 AM.
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:55 AM   #285
st.cronin
General Manager

It wasn't his best game but I was REALLY impressed with Palmer's performance. There were multiple Jaguars in the backfield on every play just about, but his demeanor was real sharp; he always seemed to know what was going on.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:35 AM   #286
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui

Whew, go Panthers. I still can't figure out if Carolina is a good team or not. Detroit next week, then Minnesota before a big game against Tampa. If Harrington throws for 300+ next week then I know Carolina is in big trouble.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:23 PM   #287
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Yep, the Cats are unfortunately playing to their level of opposition, which likely means another close game next week in Detroit.

BTW, that opening day loss to New Orleans is going to loom larger and larger. I heard on the radio coming back from lunch that Deuce's done for the hear after tearing up his knee, which means the Saints are pretty much toast now.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 02:00 PM   #288
korme
Go Reds

McAllister out for the year, confirmed.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 02:03 PM   #289
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

just heard this myself on the radio. big blow for whatever hopes the saints had of salvaging the season.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:30 PM   #290
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Not to be opportunistic, but should I pick up Aaron Stecker or Antwain Smith?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 04:30 PM   #291
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

twain i'd think
Old 10-10-2005, 05:25 PM   #292
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
McAllister out for the year, confirmed.

One of the sports sites I visit had the headline, "New Orleans Drops a Deuce" for a few minutes. They thought better of it.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:45 PM   #293
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

The Chargers are wearing their throwback unis tonight. It's amazing how refreshing a white helmet is, since they're pretty rare. White pants are even more rare these days, I absolutely hate the dark-on-dark trend that almost every team in the league seems to have adopted.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:09 PM   #294
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
The Chargers are wearing their throwback unis tonight. It's amazing how refreshing a white helmet is, since they're pretty rare. White pants are even more rare these days, I absolutely hate the dark-on-dark trend that almost every team in the league seems to have adopted.

Agreed. Good stuff, those uniforms.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:18 PM   #295
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Roethlisberger doesn't get enough credit for his mobility. He has unbelivable running instincts, which is way more important than flat-out speed. I'm impressed every time I see him play.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:19 PM   #296
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Roethlisberger doesn't get enough credit for his mobility. He has unbelivable running instincts, which is way more important than flat-out speed. I'm impressed every time I see him play.

More than once I've seen linebackers just bounce off him. He's a beast.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:23 PM   #297
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
Agreed. Good stuff, those uniforms.
It may be oversaid by analysts, but they really ARE the best uniforms in the NFL.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:25 PM   #298
miami_fan
Coordinator

Ahhh the Chargers are following the examples of the Ravens and the Dolphins I see
Old 10-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #299
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Chargers are just imploding on penalties. Nice to see Bettis getting some work.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:05 PM   #300
MikeVic
Head Coach

Nice punt return San Diego.

edit: Bah. "unmolested." What kind of call was that. I agree with Madden. Dumb rule.

Last edited by MikeVic : 10-10-2005 at 10:06 PM.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote