Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
Autumn
Head Coach

The I Can't Believe I Did That thread

Reserved for Narcizo and Crimson Fox and Telle ;-)

Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

i tried
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
Telle
College Starter

Yeah yeah...
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
The Jackal
Coordinator

Hey, even the -wolves- thought I was buttercup. I must've done something right.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #5
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Hey, even the -wolves- thought I was buttercup. I must've done something right.

That is pretty impressive. I had no idea ROUS was out there, but I'm not sure I would have pegged you for it if I did. What a wrinkle, that's a fantastic move by you then. Although I guess it might have screwed them up if you'd gotten lynched and they didn't night kill me.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
Danny
Head Coach

Jackal, you are becoming an improved and overall very strong wolf. Practice makes perfect, right
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
The Jackal
Coordinator

Way too much practice recently, still.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #8
The Jackal
Coordinator

But thank you, I definitely enjoyed that game more than most of the others. Even though I was still a wolf it was fairly liberating to be on my own and really have no limitations on acting as villagerly as I could.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:53 AM   #9
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

:Shurg:

Got everything else wrong this game after night one so it doesn't really surprise me. I still don't think it's embarrassing - if I vote Jackal and he's a villager then that's embarrassing. I think the evidence that was out there supports voting Autumn.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
Autumn
Head Coach

I guess I'm going to be in trouble going forward. Playing an active villager game apparently makes me seem 100% certifiable as a wolf, which is bad news for me no matter which role I get. I still don't get how the entire village could have no doubt that I was a wolf, not even an inkling of a doubt that I could argue with. I've never seen a village so adamant about a lynch, even when we scan someone there's usually more questioning than that. But I guess it just always seems obvious when you know the truth.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #11
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Skimming from the dead, I couldn't believe how unanimous the vote was for Autumn over The Jackal, yet you guys were all bickering at each other like it was some big disagreement. What's up with that?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #12
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I had a game like that, the Scooby Doo game Schmidty ran a while back. Everyone just decided I was a wolf towards the end (I think my voting record was somewhat shoddy, though everyone had a good vote they could point to). I wrote a couple long posts against it the day I got lynched and did manage to convince backwards squirrel I was telling the truth, but otherwise it was a similar end result to this one.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #13
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I guess I'm going to be in trouble going forward. Playing an active villager game apparently makes me seem 100% certifiable as a wolf, which is bad news for me no matter which role I get. I still don't get how the entire village could have no doubt that I was a wolf, not even an inkling of a doubt that I could argue with. I've never seen a village so adamant about a lynch, even when we scan someone there's usually more questioning than that. But I guess it just always seems obvious when you know the truth.

Of course I had an degree of doubt - and after you pointed out how screwy Lathum's reasoning had been I did start to think he was a baddy. Unfortunately I'd pretty much made up my mind in Autumn/Jackal so I drew the wrong conclusion from that - that it might be Autumn/JAG/Lathum. Then I saw that JAG had been in the thread several times and not said anything and that made me happy about him being a wolf - making you a wolf by association.

Had you mentioned the ROUS that might have given me pause but like I said - letting you live if you were the wolf would be far more embarrassing then killing you as a villager. I'm happy I kept my paranoid side in check for the game - even if it might have actually saved us in this case.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #14
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

It's ok, a couple games ago the night actions were processed and within a couple hours, the remaining players had a lynch Bug, with a /nightfall action. Never saw that done to a villager before
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #15
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Of course I had an degree of doubt - and after you pointed out how screwy Lathum's reasoning had been I did start to think he was a baddy. Unfortunately I'd pretty much made up my mind in Autumn/Jackal so I drew the wrong conclusion from that - that it might be Autumn/JAG/Lathum. Then I saw that JAG had been in the thread several times and not said anything and that made me happy about him being a wolf - making you a wolf by association.

Had you mentioned the ROUS that might have given me pause but like I said - letting you live if you were the wolf would be far more embarrassing then killing you as a villager. I'm happy I kept my paranoid side in check for the game - even if it might have actually saved us in this case.

Yeah you were prescient with the idea that there might be three wolves. I hadn't really given that any real weight.

I just still don't get how it was paranoid to think Jackal was the wolf, and I was Buttercup. But oh well.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #16
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, what're the chances I was a wolf 3 straight games and 5/6? The odds were against it! Paranoia!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #17
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Well, what're the chances I was a wolf 3 straight games and 5/6? The odds were against it! Paranoia!

Had a stretch like that a while back. I think I was a wolf 5 straight games and the 6th game I was a cultist. The funny part is that it started on either my 3rd or 4th game ever playing and prior to it starting I was thinking that I would like to be a wolf sometime as I was vanilla villager the first few games. Be careful what you wish for.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote