Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #551
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Really? Really? Who isn't going to get defensive? And that's not once but twice you've done it. If i hadn't voted for you would u still be spouting all of this?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #552
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Anyone else have thought on this? U think I'm on to something or did I just unwittingly get in a tiff with GE?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #553
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think this will help much at this point, but may as well start to organize things:

Day 1 vote:

No Lynch 4 -- Kwhit (103) MartinD (133) DaddyTorgo (182) PurdueBrad (185)
MartinD 9 -- Mia Ow (142) Schmidty (154) Telle (183) claphamsa (192) The Jackal (207) Lathum (262) Alan T (282) lerriuqs (285) Danny (293)
claphamsa 2 -- LoneStarGirl (156) Darth Vilus (159)
lerriuqs 3 -- Chief Rum (242) GoldenEagle (245) JAG* (296)

* - vote was No Lynch until 1 min. before deadline

Didn't vote: J23

Day 2 vote:

Chief Rum 1 -- LoneStarGirl (387)
No Lynch 6 -- Kwhit (423) Chief Rum (425) PurdueBrad (430) J23 (457) lerriuqs (505) GoldenEagle (506)
GoldenEagle 6 -- claphamsa (433) Lathum (450) Schmidty (464) The Jackal (467) Darth Vilus (489) JAG (490)
The Jackal 1 -- Alan T (466)

Didn't vote: Mia Ow, Telle
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #554
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

*thoughts*

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #555
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Anyone else have thought on this? U think I'm on to something or did I just unwittingly get in a tiff with GE?

I think he's still acting funny, and his accusations don't have any oomph behind them, since we really don't have a record to go off of yet, since we've only had one lynch and one no lynch. Of course, I admit that I have nothing to go on other than gut and observation, but at least I'm being honest about it.

Oh, and to say that I'm under the radar in this game is silly. In half of the other games, no one even knows I'm there.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #556
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Oh and i apologize to J23 for not replying. Normally a window pops up letting me know i have a PM. Didnt see it til the new line up was posted.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #557
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Oh and i apologize to J23 for not replying. Normally a window pops up letting me know i have a PM. Didnt see it til the new line up was posted.

No biggie. As you can see, there wasn't anything earth-shattering in there. I just get excited when I can actually PM in one of these games!
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #558
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Lorena just sent me a PM saying that Mia Ow does not have internet access. It sounds like she might still be able to get on, but I guess we'll hear more details later.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #559
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Really? Really? Who isn't going to get defensive? And that's not once but twice you've done it. If i hadn't voted for you would u still be spouting all of this?

Probably because I was up for a lynch. You have one person mention you as a potential wolf and you go crazy.

Just what exactly are you hiding?
Old 09-18-2009, 04:52 PM   #560
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Nothing, i'm just opposed to getting killed is all. U weren't here last time but i almost won the game in one fell swoop! Im pretty good at reading people so I believe it would be beneficial to the group if i stayed around for a bit.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #561
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Nothing, i'm just opposed to getting killed is all. U weren't here last time but i almost won the game in one fell swoop! Im pretty good at reading people so I believe it would be beneficial to the group if i stayed around for a bit.
you werent even close! you cannot compare to me! little less the mastery of my cat! keep trying though.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #562
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

bro i had two wolves pegged, the outcast, and before the final lynch i guessed at the third wolf. I can take your cat any day! and trust me, your cat is way tougher than you.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-18-2009, 05:19 PM   #563
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I am not in favor of lynching you at this point but I think you are someone we need to be aware of. That is all. I would be more inclined to vote for JAG or Schmidty at this point.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:21 PM   #564
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

fair enough

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #565
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
bro i had two wolves pegged, the outcast, and before the final lynch i guessed at the third wolf. I can take your cat any day! and trust me, your cat is way tougher than you.

well, you *were* the seer last game...

Just saying...
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #566
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
well, you *were* the seer last game...

Just saying...
shhh the logic is not strong with this one!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #567
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

true. but u have to admit i found them pretty quick.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #568
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

And I'm not saying a little luck wasn't involved

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #569
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Due to her connection issues, Mia Ow has asked to be removed from the game. I asked Lorena to replace her, and she has agreed. I also left the door open for Mia Ow to take back her place if she gets everything settled, since we've got a while before the next deadline anyway. But for now, Lorena will be playing that role, and whoever could PM with Mia Ow can now PM with Lorena instead.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #570
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
true. but u have to admit i found them pretty quick.

Ha! You never found me.

And don't give me that guess at the end crap. Not like there were a lot of choices left.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:00 AM   #571
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Ha! You never found me.

And don't give me that guess at the end crap. Not like there were a lot of choices left.

It was the guess at the end I wasn't sure before i revealed but after when u actually started talking u climbed up my list. Doesn't matter anyways

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-19-2009, 08:25 AM   #572
Lorena
Unregistered

Mia will not be returning, looks like you guys are stuck with me.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #573
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It was the guess at the end I wasn't sure before i revealed but after when u actually started talking u climbed up my list. Doesn't matter anyways

I don't think Chief has never had a problem about not talking.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #574
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
Mia will not be returning, looks like you guys are stuck with me.
I hope she figures everything out!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #575
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I hope she figures everything out!

I hope so too! She had a hard time navigating the forum on her iPhone saying stuff kept closing on her or something... I dunno. But she definitely won't be coming back.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #576
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

ever or for this game?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #577
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Just checking in from Shreveport. I read the last six pages of thread but can't really retain the information right now. I do know that I have a great feeling of dislike for Darth after only two games. Nothing to do with how wolfy or unwolfy I feel he is acting, but more to do with the nonsense he is throwing out there... I am just getting a unwelcome vibe from him.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:06 AM   #578
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Just checking in from Shreveport. I read the last six pages of thread but can't really retain the information right now. I do know that I have a great feeling of dislike for Darth after only two games. Nothing to do with how wolfy or unwolfy I feel he is acting, but more to do with the nonsense he is throwing out there... I am just getting a unwelcome vibe from him.

What's that suppposed to mean?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-20-2009, 12:50 AM   #579
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

If anyone one else feels this way just say so and I'll stop playing

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #580
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

people not likeing you is a good thing

this is WW not patty cakes!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 11:48 AM   #581
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post

I think this is a bit harsh.

Darth has done/ said some tings to make me scratch my head, but people need a few games to realize the ettiquette, etc...

I haven't seen anything from Darth that suggests he is an assclown or overly obnoxious.

I know better than anyone peoples playing styles don't always mesh ( look at me and CR, we fight like crazy in game but I have no personal issues with him), it may just be his style. I for one like it when a new player jumps right in. He will learn in time any boundries that may or may not exist.

I think Render is the best example of this. He was a total douche the first few games he played, but eventually mellowed out and while I can't speak for others I enjoy playing in games with him.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #582
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*shrug* i think Darth is fine.

Sorry that mia had browsing-issues and won't be continuing
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #583
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

Don't let 1 person's opinion influence whether or not you play in the future, I happen to like your one liners, Darth
Old 09-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #584
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
ever or for this game?

I'm guessing for this game, but I don't know for sure.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #585
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't know why, but this quote reminds me of this scene in "The Princess Bride":

Kid: You mean he wins? Jesus, Grandpa! What did you read me this thing for?

Grandfather: You know, you...you've been very sick and you're taking this story very seriously. I think we'd better stop now.

Kid: No. I...I'm okay. I'm okay. Sit down. I'm alright.

Grandfather: Okay. Alright, now lets see...where were we? Oh, yes, in the Pit of Despair.

I think you'll learn DV, that if you take the GAME too seriously, it just becomes work where you feel offended all of the time. It happens to all WW players at times, but eventually you just roll with the punches.

Get pissed, get loud and defensive, do what you've got to do, but crying that you're going to take your ball and go home because you don't like what you hear is just lame. Sorry.

Just nut it up. You were doing fine so far.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #586
The Jackal
Coordinator

Damn. Now when I wrote my bench PM I wish I'd said:

"Let me esplain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up."
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #587
The Jackal
Coordinator

Is there any voting leftover from Friday or are we just settled on dealing with it when we wake up tomorrow?
Old 09-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #588
Lorena
Unregistered

I feel left out, no PMs
Old 09-20-2009, 11:41 PM   #589
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
I feel left out, no PMs

That's weird. I could swear you responded to the one I sent you. Did it need to be princess bride oriented?
Old 09-21-2009, 06:33 AM   #590
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I feel like I have been totally useless this game. The only time I can get on is early in the morning and after work, so my votes are usually irrelevant.

I haven't recieved a PM all game, even when I was on the bench the first game, which makes me want to look at the others on the bench. I know that if had the opportunity I would have pm'ed everybody to talk it up, but due to time restrains I never could. I also know that if I was a wolf I probably would have pmed everybody to get a feel for who might have any special roles, so my wolf gang could get rid of them. Because I feel this way I, for the time being, am goin to assume that Telle, GE, and PurdueBrad are good. I also dont think that Lathum would have went head to head with CR if he was a wolf, because it would look back when CR turned up good and Lathum was still alive. And we all have Kwhit and Alant in our COT...

Looking at votes, the first day in particular JAG threw a useless late vote onto Lerriuqs while Lerriuqs and Danny (wolf) jumped on the tail end of a Martin Bandwagon

So if I had to get the ball rolling today I would want a run off between Lerriuqs and JAG

vote lerriuqs
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:45 AM   #591
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Get pissed, get loud and defensive, do what you've got to do, but crying that you're going to take your ball and go home because you don't like what you hear is just lame. Sorry.

Just nut it up. You were doing fine so far.

Yeah....I'm going to have to...go ahead and disagree with you on that one.

He was pretty much called out in a way that was not related to the game ("Nothing to do with how wolfy or unwolfy I feel he is acting"). While most WW tiffs begin with game-related stuff and gradually get more personal as the parties become more invested in the game, this one started out as immediately personal, and made it sound like he wasn't wanted here.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:55 AM   #592
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

so we have a 3pm deadline today?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:18 AM   #593
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

we got any kind of vote count?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:35 AM   #594
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
That's weird. I could swear you responded to the one I sent you. Did it need to be princess bride oriented?

Oh ok, yeah I got the one with the summary of the game so far. I thought you sent another one, my bad.

I'll have to bust out with a spreadsheet with vote counts and see if I can see a pattern, but it won't be 'til later.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #595
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i too haven't received (or sent to be fair) any PM's

i also feel like i've been a bit useless this game. work is kicking my ass from pillar-to-post but i'll try to pick it up a lil this week...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:47 AM   #596
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I haven't gotten any PMs either and really didn't have much to say anyway other than I suck at centerback (is that a defender btw?) and at bench. So that means I'm either a forward, a goalie, or the worst player ever. I'm going over vote data to see what I can find.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #597
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

we got any votes? anyone alive?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #598
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I haven't gotten any PMs either and really didn't have much to say anyway other than I suck at centerback (is that a defender btw?) and at bench. So that means I'm either a forward, a goalie, or the worst player ever. I'm going over vote data to see what I can find.

Was a busy weekend for me so didn't get a chance to PM you any. You know you could have PM'd me too though, right?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:05 AM   #599
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hehe, that wasn't a shot at you Alan, more that I just don't have much this game! Sorry, but hey, I'll PM you just so I can say I did it!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #600
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Yay, Alan and I talked privately...

Hmmm, that sounds dirty.