Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #651
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

As of 647:

Lerriuqs 2 - LSG (590), Lorena (603), The Jackal (640)
The Jackal 2 - lerriuqs (634), clap (635), GoldenEagle (638)
Darth Villus 1 - Lathum (627)
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #652
KWhit
Coordinator

Day 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
The match is a tough affair – the squad falls 0-1 early, but a late goal equalizes, and the match ends in a 1-1 draw. Man of the Match is Darth Vilus. The squad will feel they might have scored more goals, if not for J23, who would not recognize the great game by Darth, and took too many shots himself.

The skill levels, in descending order:

1. Darth Vilus, Striker, 94
2. Alan T, Center Back, 81
3. lerriuqs, Full Back, 65
4. Schmidty, Center Midfielder, 54
5. DaddyTorgo, Full Back, 52
6. JAG, Winger, 28
7. Mia Ow, Winger, 28
8. claphamsa, Winger, 24
9. Lathum, Center Back, 22
10. The Jackal, Goalkeeper, 15
11. J23, Striker, 14

Bench players:

1. LoneStarGirl, 62
2. PurdueBrad, 48
3. Chief Rum, 46
4. Telle, 45
5. GoldenEagle, 43

Total: 633
Result: Draw

Day 2:

Quote:
Another bore draw for WW United. Poor Goalkeeping seems to be the squad’s new trademark, as Telle lets in a couple questionable goals. The squad bounces back from 2-0 to draw the match at 2-2 in the end. Man of the Match is Schmidty. While in Game 1, LoneStarGirl was considered to be a real hero coming off the bench, she seemed lost out there as a starter in the central midfield.

1. Schmidty, Winger, 94
2. Darth Vilus, Striker, 94
3. Alan T, Center Back, 81
4. lerriuqs, Full Back, 65
5. DaddyTorgo, Central Midfielder, 41
6. PurdueBrad, Center Back, 31
7. Telle, Goalkeeper, 17
8. claphamsa, Winger, 14
9. Lathum, Striker, 12
10. LoneStarGirl, Central Midfielder, 8

Bench players:

1. GoldenEagle, 59
2. Mia Ow, 58
3. J23, 48
4. JAG, 40

Total: 622

Pass. What's the deal with GE's average skill level? Is it 43 or 59?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #653
J23
College Benchwarmer

Wow, 10 posts since I typed that up (damn phone calls). Might have to re-think my vote if we're in run-off mode.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #654
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
You were a bench player yesterday and wern't listed among the higher scorers for an average there either right?

It could be said that you got the unlucky die rolls for all or most of your positions right? Obviously that has nothing to do with your being a wolf or not however, just less risk if we are wrong with you than if we were wrong with lerriuqs correct?

It's possible there is less risk with me, I really don't know how the random numbers work. It could be that I'm an incredible striker and haven't been employed in that area yet.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #655
KWhit
Coordinator

Lerriuqs has been a decent player for us, starting at Fullback with a skill level of 65. Not great, but better than most of you schlubs. Without compelling evidence to vote for him (which I haven't seen any of), I will place my vote elsewhere.

Vote The Jackal
Old 09-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #656
The Jackal
Coordinator

But I mean if we're looking at numbers - clap has been a 24 and 14, Telle just as bad as I (and she missed a vote and has barely said anything), Lathum a 22 and 12, JAG a 28 and 40 .. I'm not the only one who's been performing poorly.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #657
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Alan has been on me since day 1. You may have mentioned me first this morning, but definitely not first. Why are you after me, then? I'm only on you because of self-defense, obviously.

Well, the way I look at it, IMO, there's at least one wolf right in the middle of the vote on Martin and GE from the first two days. I picked you. Though I can certainly be convinced to change my vote at this point.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #658
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan has been on me since day 1.

Eh, I don't want my place mis-represented here. I haven't been on you since day 1 I don't think at least. (Did I vote you day 1? I thought I voted MartinD?) Day 2, it was more I just was going on a gut feeling, and it wasn't anything that I pushed anyone else to go with.

Today I'm considering voting for you since I haven't seen anything else I like just as much or more. I haven't voted yet and am considering my choices. You keep saying that there is no proof against you though, but if there was proof or reason to vote for anyone, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. You just may very well have drawn the short stick is all, unless there is some convincing that someone can do to point me elsewhere.

Anyhows, people voting for you aren't voting "with me". I haven't voted yet and haven't honestly fully made up my mind.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #659
KWhit
Coordinator

Also, Pass:

I should have gotten info for The Jackal as a bench player on day 2.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #660
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Fixed 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
As of 647:

Lerriuqs 3 - LSG (590), Lorena (603), The Jackal (640)
The Jackal 3 - lerriuqs (634), clap (635), GoldenEagle (638)
Darth Villus 1 - Lathum (627)

And updated...

The Jackal 3 - lerriuqs (634), clap (635), GoldenEagle (638)
Darth Villus 2 - Lathum (627), J23 (648)
Old 09-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #661
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

wow, yalls start talking as soon as I start working.....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #662
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Wow, 10 posts since I typed that up (damn phone calls). Might have to re-think my vote if we're in run-off mode.

I don't think we're in run off territory yet. We have three very close together right now...
Old 09-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #663
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Day 1:

Day 2:

I believe Pass said my skill was averaged incorrectly and this is actually a 59.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #664
The Jackal
Coordinator

I mentioned those last two names on purpose (Lathum and JAG). I might as well reveal now, as I actually might have to step out for a bit - I should be around to answer some questions before deadline though.

I'm the Wanderer. On night 1 I followed Lathum (why not, right?). Night 2 I followed JAG (some of his posts were striking me as odd, framed as helpful like when he's been a villager in the past, but they didn't feel right), though I'm kind of regretting not following GE. Both Lathum and JAG turned up not werewolves. Sorry that I didn't catch anyone, but at least those two are cleared in the open.

I didn't want to reveal, but y'all aren't giving me much of a choice.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #665
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

As of 662
The Jackal 3 - lerriuqs (634), clap (635), GoldenEagle (638), KWhit (655)
Darth Villus 2 - Lathum (627), J23 (648)
Old 09-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #666
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Eh, I don't want my place mis-represented here. I haven't been on you since day 1 I don't think at least. (Did I vote you day 1? I thought I voted MartinD?) Day 2, it was more I just was going on a gut feeling, and it wasn't anything that I pushed anyone else to go with.

Today I'm considering voting for you since I haven't seen anything else I like just as much or more. I haven't voted yet and am considering my choices. You keep saying that there is no proof against you though, but if there was proof or reason to vote for anyone, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. You just may very well have drawn the short stick is all, unless there is some convincing that someone can do to point me elsewhere.

Anyhows, people voting for you aren't voting "with me". I haven't voted yet and haven't honestly fully made up my mind.

Sorry, didn't mean to mis-represent. You did vote Martin as far as I can recall, but you were talking about your gut feeling on me very early on. And I know that people have a strong tendency to follow your gut, even if they won't claim it as a reason, as it is normally very good (see Danny).
Old 09-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #667
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't have much of a read on Darth since this is the first game I am playing in with him. He had a solid game as seer last game and has mentioned it in a joking sort af way.

That's all fine and good with me, but I am wondering if he is trying to make it seem like we need to keep him around because of his solid play from last game.

Plus it seems like he and Danny have had no interaction while Danny was alive, after having a decent amount last game, maybe they are trying to stay clear of each other?

Actually, Danny responded to a post of his on D1, but Danny was also pretty much absent from the thread until near deadline.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #668
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
I mentioned those last two names on purpose (Lathum and JAG). I might as well reveal now, as I actually might have to step out for a bit - I should be around to answer some questions before deadline though.

I'm the Wanderer. On night 1 I followed Lathum (why not, right?). Night 2 I followed JAG (some of his posts were striking me as odd, framed as helpful like when he's been a villager in the past, but they didn't feel right), though I'm kind of regretting not following GE. Both Lathum and JAG turned up not werewolves. Sorry that I didn't catch anyone, but at least those two are cleared in the open.

I didn't want to reveal, but y'all aren't giving me much of a choice.

Jackal, I'm willing to move and do think I believe you, but I'm going to wait just a bit to see if we have a counter reveal...
Old 09-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #669
The Jackal
Coordinator

KWhit - I didn't tell you about my role during our PMs because I wasn't fully sure you weren't corruptable.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #670
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
KWhit - I didn't tell you about my role during our PMs because I wasn't fully sure you weren't corruptable.

really?

I am suddenly very confidednt of my vote!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #671
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Jackal, I'm willing to move and do think I believe you, but I'm going to wait just a bit to see if we have a counter reveal...

Yeah, I left a little time on purpose for a counter-reveal to see if a wolf would be flushed out, but that'd probably only be the case if you or Darth are wolves.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #672
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That makes no sense at all. It has been known since the beginning that KWhit is the team manager. You have a great reason to PM with the manager and let him know you are the seer so that he can help protect you and you failed to do so.

It seems to me that you are conversing with the other wolves and they saw that you had exposed yourself and told you to correct it.

I am not inclined to lynch you at this moment, but stuff is just not adding up.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #673
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'll say that I'm inclined to follow Lathum, if anyone.

This makes me scratch my head a little.

First off why follow me more than anyone else?

It's almost as if you are trying to connect you and I somehow. Is it because you are a wolf and if you go down you want people to lok at me next?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:37 PM   #674
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
really?

I am suddenly very confidednt of my vote!

Yes, really. We don't know anything about what roles the wolves can have - and I didn't want to throw away my role just in case that was a possibility.

I'm feeling worse and worse about you, clap.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:37 PM   #675
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
This makes me scratch my head a little.

First off why follow me more than anyone else?

It's almost as if you are trying to connect you and I somehow. Is it because you are a wolf and if you go down you want people to lok at me next?

I only said that because I know you are good, Lathum.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #676
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Well that sucks even if it clears me.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #677
KWhit
Coordinator

Pass, help me out.

Here's my game 2 lineup. That matches what I have in my PM to you, so we're good there.

Quote:
You gather round as KWhit reveals his lineup for today's match. Maybe with one match under his belt, he'll have the experience he needs to get you a win?

*Starters:*
1 Goalkeeper - Telle
2 Center Backs - AlanT, PurdueBrad
2 Full Backs - Schmidty, lerriuqs
2 Central Midfielders - DaddyTorgo, LoneStarGirl
2 Wingers - Chief Rum, Claphamsa
2 Strikers - Darth Vilus, Lathum

*Bench:*
JAG
Mia Ow
J23
The Jackal
Golden Eagle

But then there's this, which seems to say that Schmidty played at winger (I had him listed at fullback). I already mentioned that I'm missing the average result for The Jackal, and my confusion regarding GE's average score. Can you clear these discrepancies up for me?

Quote:
Another bore draw for WW United. Poor Goalkeeping seems to be the squad’s new trademark, as Telle lets in a couple questionable goals. The squad bounces back from 2-0 to draw the match at 2-2 in the end. Man of the Match is Schmidty. While in Game 1, LoneStarGirl was considered to be a real hero coming off the bench, she seemed lost out there as a starter in the central midfield.

1. Schmidty, Winger, 94
2. Darth Vilus, Striker, 94
3. Alan T, Center Back, 81
4. lerriuqs, Full Back, 65
5. DaddyTorgo, Central Midfielder, 41
6. PurdueBrad, Center Back, 31
7. Telle, Goalkeeper, 17
8. claphamsa, Winger, 14
9. Lathum, Striker, 12
10. LoneStarGirl, Central Midfielder, 8

Bench players:

1. GoldenEagle, 59
2. Mia Ow, 58
3. J23, 48
4. JAG, 40

Total: 622
Old 09-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #678
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
That makes no sense at all. It has been known since the beginning that KWhit is the team manager. You have a great reason to PM with the manager and let him know you are the seer so that he can help protect you and you failed to do so.

It seems to me that you are conversing with the other wolves and they saw that you had exposed yourself and told you to correct it.

I am not inclined to lynch you at this moment, but stuff is just not adding up.

I know, I was probably being over-careful in that regard. I told KWhit that it probably wouldn't hurt to tell him if I had a role, but at that point I was still worried. I wanted to lay low, and also, if KWhit was in the thread covering for me - that would have been a HUGE sign for the wolves to pick me off.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #679
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yes, really. We don't know anything about what roles the wolves can have - and I didn't want to throw away my role just in case that was a possibility.

Pass specifically said earlier that he never has conversions in his games FYI.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #680
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

you can feel as bad about me as you want, but your wolf ass needs to get lynched, and go read the last game if you wanna see how to fake reveal!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #681
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT REVEAL BACK! WEVE CAUGHT A WOLF HES TRYING TO GET YOU TO REVEAL!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #682
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
I know, I was probably being over-careful in that regard. I told KWhit that it probably wouldn't hurt to tell him if I had a role, but at that point I was still worried. I wanted to lay low, and also, if KWhit was in the thread covering for me - that would have been a HUGE sign for the wolves to pick me off.
This makes sense to me.

Jackal, I'm inclined to believe you. We have an hour until deadline, so I'm going to try to take this in a different route. Someone who has been uncharacteristically quiet. I know he doesn't talk a lot, but he does more than I've seen this game.

Unvote Jackal

Vote Daddytorgo
Old 09-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #683
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Pass specifically said earlier that he never has conversions in his games FYI.

I missed that - but we can't lynch KWhit anyways, can we? So a conversion in this case may have just been to try and play the crappiest roster possible. It was a mistake on my part maybe to not confide in KWhit, but again, I didn't want him to be covering for me in the thread.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #684
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I only said that because I know you are good, Lathum.

Yeah, I hadn't gotten to your reveal yet.

I think it is pretty early for a reveal, but unless it is countered there is no reason to lynch you today.

Leaving in a few and I think my vote stays on Darth.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #685
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Wow. Can't say that makes any sense at all.

Pass specifically said he never has any conversions in his games.

(Although now that I think about it, I don't know exactly when he said that). I may have to go back and check that.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #686
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sorry, The Jackal -- you were on the bench, contributing 46.

KWhit, here you go.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #687
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Day 1:

Day 2:

There's a post that clears it up, but rather than find it, I'll just tell you -- it's 59. I messed it up the first time, but it shouldn't have affected anything.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #688
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, Pass:

I should have gotten info for The Jackal as a bench player on day 2.

Whoops. The Jackal's bench score is 46.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #689
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'll take that bit of good faith from you and move to the other candidate who's on the radar.

unvote lerriuqs

vote darth
Old 09-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #690
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This makes sense to me.

Jackal, I'm inclined to believe you. We have an hour until deadline, so I'm going to try to take this in a different route. Someone who has been uncharacteristically quiet. I know he doesn't talk a lot, but he does more than I've seen this game.

Unvote Jackal

Vote Daddytorgo
wait what? jackyl fake revelaed trying to get the wanderer (whatever that is)

then he got caught lying about talking to kwit, and you unvote him?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #691
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Still an an hour and 15 minutes to go to the deadline and things are flying.

My initial thought is to take my vote off of The Jackal and then see if he is still here tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #692
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Wow. Can't say that makes any sense at all.

Pass specifically said he never has any conversions in his games.

(Although now that I think about it, I don't know exactly when he said that). I may have to go back and check that.

Yeah, JAG just pointed that out as well. I was being foolish, I admit it, but I haven't been the seer in so long that I didn't want something that simple to ruin it - and if I'd told you and Alan had pushed harder for voting me on Day 2 and you'd jumped to my defense after we were able to PM - big sign for the wolves. Unfortunately I ended up having to come out this early anyways, but that's what happens sometimes.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #693
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

I did offer that message to KWhit before he said anything, you realize. I've been thinking about it the whole game. It's not like he called me out on it.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #694
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass, help me out.

Here's my game 2 lineup. That matches what I have in my PM to you, so we're good there.

But then there's this, which seems to say that Schmidty played at winger (I had him listed at fullback). I already mentioned that I'm missing the average result for The Jackal, and my confusion regarding GE's average score. Can you clear these discrepancies up for me?

Geez -- I can't believe the number of mistakes I'm making here! Sorry about that! Schmidty did actually play as a full back, and I just typed in the wrong word.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #695
KWhit
Coordinator

No problem. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #696
The Jackal
Coordinator

I have to step out, will try to make it quick. Should be back by 2:30ish.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #697
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Clap-

There is no reason to lynch Jackal today. With the BG gone the wolfs will undoubtedly kill him tonight.

If he is alive tomorrow he is obviously lying and we lynch him then.

Killing Jackal is a poor move for us IMO, we are giving the wolves a free kill. If we kill JAckal today it gives the wolves a shot at another villager tonight.

If we go elsewhere with our lynch today we have a shot at a wolf even if Jackal is lying and is a wolf there are still probably 2 more out there.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #698
KWhit
Coordinator

Okay. I'm inclined to move my vote off The Jackal. I don't necessarily believe him, but if he's lying it will come out eventually.

If he is lying, I DO NOT think it's a good idea for the real seer to reveal today. Wait until you have to reveal or until you have nabbed a wolf or cleared a lot of villagers, whatever. But we can put off voting for The Jackal today - even if he's lying.

The truth will come out eventually. He'll either wind up dead by wolves (if he's the real seer), or if he's lying the real seer can reveal later on and we nab Jackal then.

Unvote The Jackal.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #699
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Here's my vote count (note that an earlier vote count by lerriuqs had a counting mistake):

Quote:
lerriuqs 2 -- LoneStarGirl (590) Lorena (603)
GoldenEagle 0 --
Darth Vilus 3 -- Lathum (627) J23 (648) The Jackal (689)
The Jackal 2 -- claphamsa (635) GoldenEagle (638)
DaddyTorgo 1 -- lerriuqs (682)
Old 09-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #700
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Clap-

There is no reason to lynch Jackal today. With the BG gone the wolfs will undoubtedly kill him tonight.

If he is alive tomorrow he is obviously lying and we lynch him then.

Killing Jackal is a poor move for us IMO, we are giving the wolves a free kill. If we kill JAckal today it gives the wolves a shot at another villager tonight.

If we go elsewhere with our lynch today we have a shot at a wolf even if Jackal is lying and is a wolf there are still probably 2 more out there.
hmmm, interesting.....

GIT R DUN!!!