Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2005, 11:20 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NCAA 2006: USC - The quest for a 4-peat

Welcome to the electronic journal of Pete Carroll. Here I will document my thoughts about my team, our recent accomplishments, my thinking pattern as I decide who should start, and of course some basic stats from each of our games.

We've won the last three national championships and we are on course for a 4th since Reggie Bush decided to come back for his senior year. Thank God that his parents are pushing him so hard to get his degree. That was a key factor in his returning. Unfortunately, we had 16 other kids who went pro early. A few of them are sure to make it in the NFL such as receiver Steve Smith. Others, are likely to never really make it on a team such as our backup left tackle. Too bad, he would have started this year.

Let's take a look at the roster as we start Spring Practices:

QB's:

As a group, I'd give them a grade of a B.

John David Booty is a Redshirt Junior. He is 6'3 195. He doesn't have very good mobility, but he isn't terrible. He does have a very strong arm with good accuracy. Most people think he will be our starter and they are probably right, but his backup intrigues me...

Rocky Hinds is a Redshirt Sophomore with excellent athleticism. He is fast, agile, and strong. He is 6'4 225 but moves like a HB. He has an arm that is almost as strong as Booty's but is not nearly as accurate. However, we might need his athleticism with our young offensive line.

Mark Sanchez is a Redshirt Freshman. He is 6'4 212 pounds. He is more of a pocket QB with a very strong arm. He probably is the most accurate of the three QB's, but he is young and inexperienced. I think he would lose his composure given the likelihood that he will be hit a lot behind our young line.

Tony Cleveland is our new recruit. He is a Californian boy who is 6'3 197 and is he is raw. However, he has a cannon for an arm and he could be a great pocket passer in 2-3 years.

Onto the Halfbacks. As a group they get an A+.

Reggie Bush is a true Senior who is electric. He is the fastest, most agile, best accelerating HB that I've ever coached. He can score any time that he touches the ball. He is 6'0 203lbs of pure muscle. The guy is a great receiver as well and I will split him out at WR frequently. Again, I'm grateful to his parents for convincing him to return after winning the Heisman last year.

Lendale White is a 6'2 240 pound true senior RB who would be the #1 back on most teams. I'm shocked he stayed around and grateful. He doesn't have Bush's speed, but he is a punishing runner who can get 5-10 yards on almost any carry. He isn't a very good receiver, but he will get more carries this year than he did last year.

Chauncey Washington is a 6'1 205 redshirt junior running back. He is a powerful runner who can break some tackles and will be our third string back this year.

Spencer Moore is a true freshman who we just recruited. He is 6'1 197. He was the #1 back in the nation. Our coaches think he is almost as fast, almost as agile, and almost as quick in accelerating as Bush! He isn't a very good receiver however, and he lacks good awareness. I'm debating on redshirting him or just using him as a returner this year...

(other positions to come in future entry.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-17-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 11:33 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FB: As a group they get a B.

Brandon Hancock - This Redshirt Senior FB is a beast who has excellent speed and decent hands. He is a good blocker at 6'1 234. He will pave the way for plenty of Bush runs this year.

Jim Hendrix was the #1 FB recruit this year. Decent speed, ok hands, very good blocker.

WR: As a group they get a B+.

Dwayne Jarrett - This true Junior becomes the undisputer star with Steve Smith's early departure to the BGL. Dwayne has it all - Size (6'5 200), speed (he could almost beat Bush in a race), and great hands. To top it off, he is a terrific leaper. If he can improve his composure from last year and not drop so many balls, he will be a star this year.

Whitney Lewis - This Redshirt Junior was the #4 receiver last year. With hard work, he has elevated himself into the battle for the #2 receiver. He is 6'1 225. He has very good speed, excellent strength, and very good hands. He is also the best threat to break a tackle and get more YAC. Likely the #2 this year...

Chris McFoy - The #3 receiver last year, he might be the #3 this year if Lewis really has leapfrogged him on the depth chart. McFoy is a 5 year senior who has excellent speed, very good hands. He is 6'1 196, but tends to get pushed off of his routes by corner backs. He also isn't going to break many tackles.

Patrick Turner - This kid redshirted last year. He is now a Redshirt Freshman. He has great size (6'5 215), very good speed, great strength, good hands, excellent leaping ability, and he is very durable. I'll likely get him on the field some this year.

Chad Hill - One of my star recruits this year. #4 WR in the nation. He is a tall well developed kid (6'3 200) He has excellent speed and might be our fastest receiver. Good hands, but doesn't fight for the ball well. Will likely redshirt this year, and become a starter within a year or two.

TE: As a group I would give them a B.

Fred Davis will have his chance to shine with Byrd gone, this kid becomes our #1 "Tight End." He really is more of a receiver. He is 6'4 218. He isn't a very good blocker, but he is VERY fast and is almost as fast as our fastest WR. He also has worked on catching the ball and has very good hands. As a blocker, he is really mediocre.

Charles Brown is our only true tight end. He is a redshirt freshman. He is 6'6 255. He doesn't have very good speed, but he has decent hands. He is a good blocker.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:40 PM   #3
MrBug708
Head Coach

Because I'm a nice guy, I'll post the pictures

Here was departing senior QB, Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush. See how they embrace as Leinart departs?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 11:41 PM   #4
MrBug708
Head Coach

Former top recruits, Mark Sanchez and Patrick Turner, smile for the camera.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:43 PM   #5
MrBug708
Head Coach

And here is the wonderful cheerleader, such a shame that Mr Sanchez does not partake in such things

Old 07-17-2005, 11:45 PM   #6
MrBug708
Head Coach

Sadly, for Sanchez, his "best friends" ended up going to UCLA

Old 07-17-2005, 11:46 PM   #7
MrBug708
Head Coach

Eaglesfan tried to bail them out, but to no available

Old 07-17-2005, 11:48 PM   #8
MrBug708
Head Coach

Not that it matters because Jarrod Page was going to be right there to hit anyone who cam close...

Old 07-17-2005, 11:49 PM   #9
MrBug708
Head Coach

Some more of Sanchez's buddy's showed up to spite UCLA and the like....

Old 07-17-2005, 11:49 PM   #10
MrBug708
Head Coach

That really got Dorrell pissed off...

Old 07-17-2005, 11:50 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

T: As a group, they get a B-

Thomas Herring: He isn't the most experienced of the group, but he is the most talented. This natural left tackle is a redshirt freshman. He is 6'6 295. He has good strength, and he is a superb run blocker. He is very good at pass blocking. He will have to deal with pressure quickly.

Dominique Babineux: The Top Highschool Tackle in the nation from Louisiana. He might start as a true freshman at right tackle. This 6'5 312 kid is a natural right tackle. He has very good strength, good awareness for a true freshman. He is a good pass blocker and a very good run blocker.

Drew Brown: The #2 tackle in the nation out of highschool, this true freshman is also in the running for the right tackle job. He is 6'5 290. He is not strong as the other tackles, but his technique is good. He is an excellent pass blocker, but just an average run blocker.

Steve Thomas: This true Junior is the elder statesmen of the line. He is a good right tackle, but the kids might be better than him already. He is very strong. He is 6'5 325. He is a good pass blocker and good run blocker, but doesn't excel at either.

Steven Cobbs: This 6'3 330 pound true freshman was the #3 tackle in HS last year. He is slow, but the strongest lineman we have. Speed rushers are likely to give him problems. He is a very good run blocker, but just average at pass blocking.

G: As a group they get a B.

Jeff Byers is a true Junior who was our backup guard last year. He is 6'3 277. This year, he has the chance to shine. He has developed into one of the better guard's in the nation. He will play on the left side. He is our strongest linemen. He has good speed for pulling. He is a superb run and pass blocker.

Alatini Malu is a junior redshirt who was the backup on the right side last year. He is a road paver who is 6'4 340. He is fat and isn't the strongest player, but he uses his weight well. He is a superb run blocker, and a very good pass blocker. His lack of stamina is a VERY big concern as I want him to start and play at RG.

Eric Weeks is a true freshman who was the #2 Guard in the nation last year. He is 6'0 261 and might be a bit undersized, but he uses excellent leverage to work well in HS. He doesn't have great strength, but he has good footspeed. Surprisingly, he is a very good pass blocker and run blocker according to our coaches who have seen him in spring practices.

Ryan Watson is a redshirt junior who is 6'3 290. He is a slow player who doesn't show much strength when he plays. He doesn't get good leverage. He is just average at pass and run blocking.

C: As a group, they get a B-

Dave Pitts is a true Junior. He is 6'3 280. He has good strength and plays with good leverage. He is an excellent pass blocker, but just an average run blocker.

Chris Cade is a true freshman who was the #1 C in HS last year. He is 6'4 275. He is strong and can really push around some DT's. He is a very good run blocker and a good pass blocker.

Travis Draper is a true junior. He is 6'4 278. He is an average run and pass blocker.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:50 PM   #12
MrBug708
Head Coach

Doh!
Old 07-17-2005, 11:50 PM   #13
MrBug708
Head Coach

Once again, USC can't do much...(Go with me here...)

Old 07-17-2005, 11:51 PM   #14
MrBug708
Head Coach

What more can be said?

Old 07-17-2005, 11:52 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

ROFL
Old 07-18-2005, 12:04 AM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

DE: As a group, they get a B+.

Lawrence Jackson is redshirt left end who won the Bednarik award last year and led the nation in sacks with 15. He is a dominating pass rusher who also is a good run stopper. He is 6'5 274. He is widely regarded as one of the top 5 DE's in the nation.

Jeff Schweiger is a true Junior. He is 6'4 254. He was my backup RE last year. He worked very hard in the offseason and added some burst to his first step. He is now an elite DE and gives us arguably the best pair of DE's in the nation. He had 6 sacks last year in limited action and we expect double digits for him this year.

Rashaad Goodrum is a redshirt senior. He is 6'3 247. He is just an average backup with a decent first step. Not a great run stopper or pass rusher.

Alex Morrow is a redshirt junior who might sneak up the depth chart to the #3 spot. He is a powerful defensive end who is a good run stopper. He is 6'5 274.

Chris Barrett is a redshirt junior. He is 6'5 272. He plays too upright and usually gets pushed out of the play. Needs to learn to play lower and then he might be a good player.

DT: As a group, they get a B.

Sedrick Ellis is a redshirt junior who learned a great deal from Wright last year (who has since gone to the NFL.) Ellis is a 6'2 276 ball of energy. He is constantly playing with a high motor and can be disruptive against the pass or run. Great speed for a DT.

Fili Moala is a redshirt Soph. who has great size. He is 6'5 305. He is the classic run stuffing DT who can really shut down the running lanes inside.

Gabe Long is a redshirt junior who might edge Moala out of the #2 DT spot. Long is 6'4 283. He is our strongest DT. He has a great swim move and has become a good force against the pass.

Travis Tofi is a redshirt senior who never really found a position. He is 6'4 260 and slides between DT and DE. He doesn't have enough burst for DE, but not enough bulk or strength for DT.

Walker Ashley is a redshirt freshman who is 6'4 290. He is another fat player who has stamina issues and doesn't really use his bulk well.

William Ortiz was my top "athlete" recruit. He is 6'9 327. I thought about putting him on the offensive line, but our coaches all felt he would make a better DT. I worry that he will get pushed around by smaller linemen who can under his pads, but he doesn't seem to let that be a problem in practice. He is excellent at knocking down passes, and might be a very good kick blocker. He is also VERY strong. I might redshirt him this year.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:12 AM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

OLB: As a group, they get a B.

Keith Rivers is a 6'3 222 pound true Junior. He ws my starter at ROLB last year and will certainly be so again this year. He is undersized, but he has great speed and hits bigger than his size. He is arguably my best tackler among my returning linebackers. He also plays the pass well.

Thomas Williams is a 6'3 230 pound redshirt Junior. He was a backup last year, but will certainly start at LOLB this year. He is also a very fast linebacker. He isn't quite as good in pass coverage, but he is decent. He is also a surprisingly good tackler for his size.

Michael Stuart is a 6'3 241 pound redshirt sophomore. This kid lacks the speed to really play linebacker and I hope we don't see him on the field much. He is a decent run stopper in limited space.

Clay Matthews is a 6'3 232 pound redshirt sophomore. He has decent speed. He lacks good awareness, pass coverage skills, and isn't a good tackler. Hopefully, he won't see the field much.

MLB: As a group, they get a B.

Oscar Lua was my starter and most reliable linebacker last year. He is going to be very good this year. He doesn't have very good speed, but he is the best tackler among our linebackers arguably. He has excellent field awareness.

Bob King was the #1 MLB in HS last year. He is fast, strong, and surprisingly aware on the field for a freshman. He is a punishing tackler despite only being 5'10 235.

Rey Maualuga is a redshirt freshman who will likely be the #3 MLB. He has good speed and good strength, but he doesn't really do anything better than King.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:25 AM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

CB: As a group, they get a B-. This position worries me more than any position except for OL. We failed to get any of three top recruits that we pursued.

Terrell Thomas is a redshirt junior who was the third or fourth corner last year. He is now the #1 corner on my team. He has excellent speed, but he isn't very good in pass coverage as he tends to make too many mistakes in technique. He isn't a threat to intercept many balls. He is 6'2 and 196. He is also a good leaper. If he could improve his awareness and not make so many mistakes, he could become a good corner.

Alex Gomez is a 5'10 175 true senior. He has good speed, but could be beat by elite speed receivers. Not a good leaper, he could be abused by tall receivers. He is a surprisingly good tackler for his size.

Kevin Thomas is a 6'0 167 redshirt freshman. HE has good speed but lacks fluidity. He can be beat easily by double moves. He has hands of stone. He is a good leaper. Really, he isn't good enough to be starting, and I'm not very happy that he is our #3 corner.

Cary Harris is a 6'1 182 pound redshirt freshman. HE has the best speed of all of my corners, but he is lost in pass coverage frequently. If he develops some field awareness, he could become a good corner. However, right now he is a liability on anything but a team's third or fourth best receiver.

FS: As a group, they get a B. Fortunately, our S's are all good. They will have to bail out the corners frequently.

Brandon Ting is a true senior. He is 5'10 180. He did a decent job as our backup last year, and now he is slightly better and ready to start. Good speed, good awareness, but isn't much of a threat to intercept it.

Josh Pinkard is a true Junior. He is 6'1 200. He has very good speed, but lacks good awareness. He is too lost in pass coverage to start. Hopefully, he will develop better this year.

SS: B+ as a group thanks to the return of Darnell Bing.

Darnell Bing is a 6'2 220 pound Senior who I was fortunately able to convince to return for his senior year. He was an All-American last year. He has excellent speed (better than any of my corners.) He has great awareness. He is a hard hitter. He has decent hands. My only concern is his injury history, he missed 2/3 of last season.

Will Harris is a true sophomore. He is 6'2 196. He has good speed, decent awareness, decent hands. He is more of a coverage safety, than a big hitter that I want my SS to be.

Mike Garcia is a true freshman that was the #1 SS in HS last year. HE is 6'2 210. He is very fast and has good strength. He lacks awareness which is not surprising for a freshman. He has decent hands. He is an excellent leaper. Not a big hitter. Hopefully, he will become one.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:26 AM   #19
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh, HELL NO!

This may be the first dynasty where I will be rooting against the dynasty writer.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:29 AM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

K: B-

Mario Danelo is a redshirt sophomore. He did okay in limited FG action last year. He is an average kicker. He has above average leg strength and might be able to hit one from 50 yards (44 is his long), but his accuracy is only average.

P: We lost an all-american Punter who is now in the NFL. B- for this true freshman.

Mark Willis was the #1 Punter in HS last year. He is average right now with good leg strength. Not much of a directional punter yet.

We only have 58 players on our roster due to our relatively limited number of recruits added to this team during the last year.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:29 AM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Oh, HELL NO!

This may be the first dynasty where I will be rooting against the dynasty writer.

ROFL. You and Bug can both actively root against me

His pictures were a riot.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:38 AM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Pre-Season Info:

Reggie Bush, Lawrence Jackson, and Darnell Bing are our Pre-season All-Americans. Reggie Bush is being touted as the Heisman favorite. The lead article in Athlon's Preseason edition talks about our dynamic duo at HB.

The Athlon Sports Article picks the Pac 10 to finish as follows:

1. USC
2. Cal
3. UCLA
4. Arizona State
5. Washington
6. Oregon State
7. Oregon
8. Stanford
9. Washington State
10. Arizona
Old 07-18-2005, 12:42 AM   #23
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
ROFL. You and Bug can both actively root against me

His pictures were a riot.

Heh, heh, I will root against you, but it's all in good fun.

Honestly, it wouldn't be a USC dynasty without at least a couple Bruins fans to root against it.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:43 AM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The AD and I talk about our schedule. He has already scheduled 11 games for us. I decide to add an easy game to the first week to give our offense a confidence boost (particularly the offensive line.)

Week 1: vs San Diego State
Week 2: Open
Week 3: at Arkansas (already scheduled.)
Week 4: #19 Nebraska
Week 5: Open
Week 6: Arizona State
Week 7: At Arizona
Week 8: Oregon
Week 9: Washington
Week 10: At Washington State
Week 11: at Stanford
Week 12: Cal
Week 13: At UCLA
Week 14: Open
Week 15: Notre Dame

My AD estimates that our schedule gets an A- for strength of schedule.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:43 AM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Heh, heh, I will root against you, but it's all in good fun.

Honestly, it wouldn't be a USC dynasty without at least a couple Bruins fans to root against it.

Very true
Old 07-18-2005, 12:46 AM   #26
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The AD and I talk about our schedule. He has already scheduled 11 games for us. I decide to add an easy game to the first week to give our offense a confidence boost (particularly the offensive line.)

Week 1: vs San Diego State
Week 2: Open
Week 3: at Arkansas (already scheduled.)
Week 4: #19 Nebraska
Week 5: Open
Week 6: Arizona State
Week 7: At Arizona
Week 8: Oregon
Week 9: Washington
Week 10: At Washington State
Week 11: at Stanford
Week 12: Cal
Week 13: At UCLA
Week 14: Open
Week 15: Notre Dame

My AD estimates that our schedule gets an A- for strength of schedule.

The game didn't schedule the UCLA game for the early December weekend eh? I thought that was a regular thing now, although I understand the game might not go that deep in detail when it does its schedules.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:49 AM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I make the tough decision to redshirt a few of my star recruits. Hopefully, they don't become too mad.

QB Tony Cleveland - I think he could be my starter in 2 to 3 years. Might as well preserve a year of eligibility.

HB Spencer Moore - This is the one that scares me the most. He could be so dynamic. I plan on starting him after Bush and White leave this year.

LT Steven Cobbs - This Freshman LT is the least prepared of my three star Tackle recruits. A year of just practicing should help him.

C Chris Cade - This Center is almost good enough to start, but Pitts has experience on him. I expect him to overtake Pitts on the depth chart next year, but want to preserve his eligibility. Hopefully, he doesn't become mad.

DT William Ortiz - my freak 6'9 athlete could use an extra year before he plays.

SS Mike Garcia - This top recruit will start next year, but I'm hoping this redshirt year will help him develop. Bing and Harris are both better than him this year.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:49 AM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The game didn't schedule the UCLA game for the early December weekend eh? I thought that was a regular thing now, although I understand the game might not go that deep in detail when it does its schedules.

It doesn't appear to do so
Old 07-18-2005, 01:08 AM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My AD is recommending focusing on 12 HS stars to recruit during the season. I have some tough decisions.

My highest positions of need (not in order): HB, FB, WR, MLB. CB, FS.

Each of these players are reportedly the best in the nation at their position unless otherwise specified.

1. Ross Harris, HB. 6'0 200 pounds from Andalusia, AL. Reportedly runs a 4.35 in the 40. Benches 340. Squat of 620. A- for field awareness.

2. Jermaine Gibson, WR. 6'2 190 from Windsor, CO. Reportedly runs a 4.16 in the 40!?! Benches 240. Squats 350. C+ for field awareness.

3. Earl Jackson, G. 6'4 275 from Union City, CA (Pipeline). 5.16 in the 40. Benches 480. Squats 690. A+ field awareness.

4. Reggie Wheeler, MLB. 5'11 237 from Bridge City, LA (Pipeline) 4.52 in the 40. Benches 405. Squats 670. A+ awareness.

5. Garrett Howard, FS. 6'0 201 from oak Park, MI. 4.39 in the 40. Benches 340. Squats 495. A field awareness.

6. Jerome Ward, TE. 6'3 245 from Boca Grande, FL. 4.69 in the 40. Benches 360. Squats 490. B for field awareness.

7. Travis Hamilton, RE (third best in nation). 6'4 250 from New Iberia, LA (Pipeline) 4.65 in the 40. Benches 390. Squats 570. C+ for field awareness.

8. Nick Burton, WR (4th best in the nation) 6'6 185 from East Orange, NJ. 4.31 in the 40. 240 bench. 315 squat. A for field awareness.

9. Micah Johnson, QB (4th in nation, #1 scrambler.) 6'2 198 from Ellsworth, ME. 4.52 in the 40, 285 bench, 445 squat. A for field awareness.

10. Carlos Marshall, CB. 5'11 170 from Niagara Falls, NY. 4.24 in the 40. 215 bench. 315 squat. A- for field awareness.

11. Brian Hall, CB (#2 in nation) 6'4 190 from N. Kingman-Butler, AZ. 4.25 in the 40. Benches 225. Squat 325. A- for awareness.

12. Famian Davis, FB. 5'10 239 from Collinsville, IL. 4.60 in the 40. Benches 360, squats 570. C+ for field awareness. Better receiver than blocker.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:57 AM   #30
jbmagic
Pro Starter

great dynasty.

i am a big time USC and UCLA fan.

what the point of red shirting someone?

how many players can you keep on the active roster for college football?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:05 AM   #31
korme
Go Reds

jb- 70. if you redshirt someone, then they can not play for an entire season, but at the same time you give the player an ENTIRE season of progress to improve. as a rule of thumb i generally redshirt any decent freshman who won't start on my team.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:17 AM   #32
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
jb- 70. if you redshirt someone, then they can not play for an entire season, but at the same time you give the player an ENTIRE season of progress to improve. as a rule of thumb i generally redshirt any decent freshman who won't start on my team.

thanks

so players progress more if you put them as red shirt than keeping them on the roster as backup on the depth charts?

70 players max on roster, is there a number of players per position requirement?
Old 07-18-2005, 03:21 AM   #33
korme
Go Reds

No, they don't progess more.

But think of it this way. You have a 78 OVR RB. He is currently 3rd on the depth chart, freshman. He likely won't see starting time for 2 more seasons. Why not redshirt him now, and get him 3 years of starting time instead of just 2.. win-win situation.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:22 AM   #34
Blade6119
Coordinator

athletes are allowed 4 years of college athletic eligibility, and a redshirt does not use up a year, so they can practice and improve for a year and still have 4 years left.

there are basic reqs at each spot, but you have more then enough of the roster that is how you want, be it tons of recievers or d-line...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #35
MrBug708
Head Coach

Eaglesfan, do you just have Washington, Bush, and White, along with the frosh? If so, what happens if all three leave for the NFL and the frosh goes pro? Would Ross Harris be the starter?
Old 07-18-2005, 11:30 AM   #36
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
athletes are allowed 4 years of college athletic eligibility, and a redshirt does not use up a year, so they can practice and improve for a year and still have 4 years left.

there are basic reqs at each spot, but you have more then enough of the roster that is how you want, be it tons of recievers or d-line...

Listen to this man, he's a defensive football genius.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:28 PM   #37
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Grats on the dynasty, Eaglesfan - I'll be reading this...
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:47 PM   #38
C-Bailey
n00b

...more cheerleader pics please *lol*
C-Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:14 PM   #39
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Send that cheerleader to my house....we need to corrupt....I mean instruct the BYU cheerleaders.....
Old 07-18-2005, 04:55 PM   #40
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

ef27, are you playing these out, or simming?
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:34 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
ef27, are you playing these out, or simming?

I'm playing these out. That means generally just one game per day and not nearly as many updates as I can do in a day in my FM dynasty which I will continue to run concurrently. The exception is Tuesday where the slowness of the Louisiana Government in finalizing contracts may keep me from working for another month!!!

Fortunately, my Tuesday contract is my least lucrative, but I was looking forward to working in that area. However, for the meantime I'm not complaining as it means I only work 4 days a week
Old 07-18-2005, 05:36 PM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Eaglesfan, do you just have Washington, Bush, and White, along with the frosh? If so, what happens if all three leave for the NFL and the frosh goes pro? Would Ross Harris be the starter?

I'm assuming you meant if the frosh transfers, since he won't be eligible to go pro for another year. Yeah, if all 3 go pro and the frosh transfers, then I'll be starting Harris if I can lure him to USC.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:43 PM   #43
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Eagelfan what sliders your using for your dynasty? if you dont mind.

sub in and out%?

your using auto for man shift and strafe?

thanks
Old 07-18-2005, 06:54 PM   #44
CraigSca
Pro Starter

When does the San Diego State massacre begin?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:55 PM   #45
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Eagelfan what sliders your using for your dynasty? if you dont mind.

sub in and out%?

your using auto for man shift and strafe?

thanks

I'll post my sliders in a bit (when I actually turn on the X-box, but I may change them slightly throughout the dynasty.) Also, I'll likely advance to Heisman level if we continue to have undefeated seasons for another year or two.

My sub out is 80, sub in is 85.

I have man shift and strafe on whatever the default is (which I think is on.)
Old 07-18-2005, 06:56 PM   #46
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
When does the San Diego State massacre begin?

Just finishing up a bit of work I brought home, and also the end of the WereWolf 6 turn, but it will be soon
Old 07-18-2005, 07:12 PM   #47
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'll post my sliders in a bit (when I actually turn on the X-box, but I may change them slightly throughout the dynasty.) Also, I'll likely advance to Heisman level if we continue to have undefeated seasons for another year or two.

My sub out is 80, sub in is 85.

I have man shift and strafe on whatever the default is (which I think is on.)

Man shift is Auto on default

Auto Strafe is OFF on default.

you might want to turn on Auto strafe in controller setting.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:18 PM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Man shift is Auto on default

Auto Strafe is OFF on default.

you might want to turn on Auto strafe in controller setting.

It probably doesn't matter since I rarely control anything besides the DE lately.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:33 PM   #49
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm kind of ashamed of UCLA after this picture

Old 07-18-2005, 07:34 PM   #50
MrBug708
Head Coach