Old 06-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #301
Autumn
Head Coach

Hoopsguy
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #302
Autumn
Head Coach

Come put out your torch, Hoops. The tribe has spoken.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #303
chesapeake
College Starter

Huh
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:52 PM   #304
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Old 06-17-2010, 09:52 PM   #305
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:52 PM   #306
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, it's hard to say what this means. But the big man has fallen. Gather your things and head back to camp. You are down to the final six.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #307
Thomkal
Head Coach

guys we really need to forage tomorrow if you can.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:03 PM   #308
chesapeake
College Starter

You are right on, Thomkal.

Darth and ML, if you both could give a point to shelter (I recall you both being good at it) we might be in better shape next morning. If everyone else could spend some time looking for food, that would also be helpful. I will look for some, but we all need to pitch in.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #309
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Guys I'm down to zero health so I have to use all three points to recuperate to make sure I don't get removed from the game after tomorrow.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #310
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I'm actually surprised it fell that low because I had six health points entering the challenge so I must have lost three health points at it.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #311
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I vote we put rocks in Racer's pockets and roll him into the ocean.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #312
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY TEN CHALLENGE

Your challenge tomorrow will not be for immunity, there will be no tribal council held. Instead you will be competing for a reward.

The winner of the challenge will be taken away for a full dinner and a night at an inn. You will eat a real meal, sleep in a real bed, and come back in the morning. In addition, the winner will choose one contestant to be sent to Exile island. While the winner is sleeping on a feather bed, someone will be sleeping in the sand on Exile Island.

Your challenge will be a set of sumo matches, in round robin. You will be given a large padded bag. In turn you will be matched up with one other contestant. The first to knock the other one out of the ring and into the mud wins their match. After you have matched up with each contestant, the contestant with the most wins, wins the challenge. If there is a tie, those tied will match up once again in a contest.

Please submit your challenge actions by 4:30 EST on Friday. As there will be no tribal council Friday night, day 11 will start at 4:30 and extend until Monday.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #313
Racer
College Benchwarmer

In case anyone decides to ally with me, I'm excellent at finding things.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #314
hoopsguy
General Manager

Perfect - I'm knocked out before this challenge. Grrr.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:54 PM   #315
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Okay, so I'm just going to come out and say this since I used my one PM earlier today and have no more PMs until after the challenge tomorrow.

The immunity idol is a dangerous thing. I have no idea if this is a 4 person alliance to a 2 person alliance at this point. If it is, I think there should be some strategy on throwing matches to certain people and putting in maximum effort in the other matches.

I don't even know everyone who voted for Hoopsguy so I wouldn't even know who to try hard against and who not to try hard against. I will say I have excellent strength though so I might be the best bet for the Hoops voters to win this thing.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #316
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Autumn, is the winner going to get to take someone with them to the inn or is that something we'll find out after the challenge?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #317
Autumn
Head Coach

As far as you know, it's only an individual reward.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #318
chesapeake
College Starter

Oh dear god. Can't there be a challenge that requires catching 3 kinds of fish, cooking them, and serving them in a freshly made lean-to?

And Racer, with all due respect, a roadie should know that freeloading ain't cool.

Autumn, I am going to revise my daily PM to say that I will absolutely not share any of the food I gather with anyone that hasn't spent at least one point on either food or shelter. I'm not going to help someone else exploit the only good skills I have so that they can win every challenge. That is BS.

I urge the rest of you to do the same. I respect that Racer is fighting hard to keep his torch lit, but he still has to pitch in like the rest of us.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:30 PM   #319
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Oh dear god. Can't there be a challenge that requires catching 3 kinds of fish, cooking them, and serving them in a freshly made lean-to?

And Racer, with all due respect, a roadie should know that freeloading ain't cool.

Autumn, I am going to revise my daily PM to say that I will absolutely not share any of the food I gather with anyone that hasn't spent at least one point on either food or shelter. I'm not going to help someone else exploit the only good skills I have so that they can win every challenge. That is BS.

I urge the rest of you to do the same. I respect that Racer is fighting hard to keep his torch lit, but he still has to pitch in like the rest of us.

Wow. Sour grapes I take it. Like I said, my health is at zero and Autumn messaged me that if it goes any lower, I could be removed from the game. It's one thing to get voted out, but it would suck to leave the game due to injury. With all due respect, I will be putting a point towards food with my next set of actions if we have any need for food. I just can't this go around because of my health.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:43 PM   #320
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Well Chesapeake, I'll probably be okay at four in health so I went ahead and sent in one request for food (I suck at building shelters). After thinking about it, I see your point but hopefully you can see where I was originally coming from as well.

I would assume if you're able to revise your requests after 10:30, then I should be able to as well.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:04 AM   #321
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

y'all can believe me or not but the reason i didnt help the shelter was because my health was at 2, so i needed to recuperate as much as i could in case i had to use extra effort. I don't have a snowball's chance in hell at winning tomorrow so i'll put in to help the shelter out then, no worries.

And on a side note you guys voted for me, really? I'm hurt boys, truly hurt. One of those was mine since i wasn't around to vote though lol, so I guess i should consider myself lucky

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #322
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Well Chesapeake, I'll probably be okay at four in health so I went ahead and sent in one request for food (I suck at building shelters). After thinking about it, I see your point but hopefully you can see where I was originally coming from as well.

I would assume if you're able to revise your requests after 10:30, then I should be able to as well.

Like I said, I respect the effort you have made to stay in the game, and I appreciate that you do see my point and are willing to pitch in.

I singled you out, not because you are the last wolf (well, not JUST because you are the last wolf ), but because you admitted you weren't planning to help. It is obvious from the condition of the camp that you aren't the only one, and I have let my order to Autumn stand. I am willing to share what I catch with anyone, regardless of who they vote for, as long as they give something back to the group as well.

Now, why doesn't everyone come join me by the campfire? We can have a little sing-a-long! Anyone know Albert the Camel? Here, I'll show you...
Old 06-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #323
Autumn
Head Coach

A number of people haven't submitted actions yet. Just a reminder.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #324
heybrad
Norm!!!

I'll be heading for Vegas in about an hour and won't be back until Sunday night. I just submitted my challenge actions and I'll submit my daily actions now.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #325
Thomkal
Head Coach

have a great time Brad, win some money for us!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #326
Autumn
Head Coach

Let's line up for a challenge. At stake today is not immunity, but a reward. The winner today will be spending the night in a real bed, after having ingested a wonderful dinner cooked by a world class chef.

in addition the winner will choose one contestant to spend the night at Exile Island.

Let's get started. You will each face off with each other in a contest of strength. Your goal will be to shove your opponent off of this platform with these padded bags. Five bouts, each against each other, the one with the most wins, wins.

Let's start.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #327
Autumn
Head Coach

First up is Racer versus Darth Vilus. We've seen how strong Racer is, but it's different in the ring. They're off, sizing each other up. Now Racer is charging at Darth. He's short but strong, gets down below Darth. Darth's resisting but moving back ... and he's out! One win Racer.

Maple Leafs and Heybrad, come on out and get your pad. Time to go at it. Heybrad's charging out, following Racer's lead, getting low. Maple doesn't even get his pad up i time, just gets walloped. And he's out! One win Heybrad.

Now Thomkal and Chesapeake match up. The kickboxer has to be a favorite in this challenge. He's going up against the boy scout leader. Watch out. Thomkal circles, circles and now he's in for the kill. Gets Chesapeake off balance and dumps him! That's one win Thomkal
Old 06-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #328
chesapeake
College Starter

He got lucky!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #329
Autumn
Head Coach

Second round. Chesapeake has to get right back out there, clean the mud off his shoes. He's going up against Heybrad. Chesapeake's got his bag up, playing defensive. Heybrad moves in, sensing the easy knock out. Just smashes Chesapakea nd sends him sprawling out. That's two wins Heybrad!

Thomkal is up against Darth Vilus now. Darth just got knocked out by Racer, can he handle the kickboxer? They're circling, circling. Darth goes on the offensive, can't get Thomkal off his feet though, and now Thomkal takes advantage, moves right around in a circle, knocks Darth out from behind! Two wins Thomkal.

Racer and Maple Leafs. Racer is looking aggressive, looking to keep up with his second win. Maple has his bag up, makes a sad littl attempt at a hit, Racer just uses his strength and shoves him into the mud. Racer has two wins!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:44 PM   #330
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oh man Maple, how can you lose to an old man like that?
Old 06-18-2010, 03:44 PM   #331
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
He got lucky!

It's called superior skill.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #332
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
It's called superior skill.

Nah, I slipped!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #333
Autumn
Head Coach

Chesapeake is back out here now, going up against Maple Leafs. Neither of these guys has a win yet. Maple gets his pad up, is circling waiting for Chesapeake. Finally Chesapeake makes a move, it's not much, but he puonds again and again, Maple just trying to take the blows and moving backwards. Now he's out! Chesapeake has 1 win!

Heybrad is going up against Darth Vilus now. Darth is looking tired, he's had two hard bouts. He's not moving as fast, Heybrad is circling him, circling, then goes on the attack. Darth tries to hit back but he's too worn out. He topples out. Heybrad has three wins!

Now the match that could decide things. Racer versus Thomkal. These guys are both still moving, moving, got their legs under tehm. Thomkal is trying to wear him out, not stopping the circles. Racer gets a hit in, but Thomkal can take it. Thomkal levels one, but Racer's strong, and short with that low center of gravity. This one could take a while, these guys are just whaling on each other, trying to wear each other out. Finally Thomkal's got an angle, gets Racer out of position and knocks him sideways and ... he's out! Thomkal has three wins!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #334
Thomkal
Head Coach

yes finally beat that guy!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #335
Autumn
Head Coach

In fact the platform is getting muddy. And the contestants are looking tired. Fatigue is going to play factor here. Racer has to come right back out and take on Chesapeake. The Boy Scout leader doesn't have anything left in his tank though and puts up no defense before Racer muscles him out. That's three wins Racer!

Thomkal is matched up with Heybrad. These guys both have three wins so far, this could come close to deciding things. Heybrad still looks fresh, but so does Thomkal. This is his challenge, he just moves in and smashes Heybrad until he can't tell which way it's coming from and he's out. Thomkal has four wins!

Darth Vilus has Maple Leafs. This one's not quite so dramatic. Both of these guys look tired, they're just socking each other with this thing, hardly moving. Darth finally gets a good position and Maple Leafs slips and is in the mud. Darth has one win!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #336
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Chesapeake is back out here now, going up against Maple Leafs. Neither of these guys has a win yet. Maple gets his pad up, is circling waiting for Chesapeake. Finally Chesapeake makes a move, it's not much, but he puonds again and again, Maple just trying to take the blows and moving backwards. Now he's out! Chesapeake has 1 win!

Take that, Mr. Toronto!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #337
Autumn
Head Coach

This is the final bout. If Thomkal wins here, he's got the challenge. Heybrad and Racer have to hope for a win, and a loss from Thomkal.

Unfortunately for them they're facing each other. The winner of this one has the only chance at defeating Thomkal. Racer and Heybrad go at each other. They're both finally looking tired. Not so much movement now, just jostling and hitting. Both of them with not much strength left. But Heybrad wants to win this, he's just hitting Racer's bag over and over until Racer steps back too far and topples off. Heybrad has four wins!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #338
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow the old man is quite the surprise here
Old 06-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #339
Autumn
Head Coach

Darth and Chesapeake face off next. These guys can hardly stand. Tehy just lean into each other like prizefighters, pushing and shoving. Neither gives much of an effort but Darth's attention seems elsewhere and he gets knocked into the mud. Chesapeake has 2 wins!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #340
chesapeake
College Starter

Who put a new battery in the old guy?
Old 06-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #341
chesapeake
College Starter

It's a shame no one else is here. The trash talk potential was really there.

And Darth, you can suck it!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #342
Autumn
Head Coach

It's Thomkal and Maple Leafs. This is for the challenge. Thomkal doesn't look like he's slowed down one bit. This isn't even an effort for him, doing five bouts. Maple Leafs doesn't look all that tired, but he doesn't have much of a defense to mount as Thomkal charges in. Getting down under Maple Leafs bag Thomkal knocks him up and off the platform into the mud!

Thomkal has five wins!

THOMKAL WINS THE CHALLENGE
Old 06-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #343
chesapeake
College Starter

Congrats, Thomkal. But I think anyone other than the professional fighter winning this one would have been a huge upset.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #344
Thomkal
Head Coach

woohoo! soft bed and great meal here I come!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #345
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanks Chesapeake, yeah I definitely had the advantage here
Old 06-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #346
Autumn
Head Coach

Thomkal, you get to choose someone to be sent immediately to Exile Island. You may also choose one other contestant to accompany you tonight on your reward.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #347
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Thanks Chesapeake, yeah I definitely had the advantage here

Wait'll you see the next challenge, which is all about knot-tying, whittling and flag-folding. You all will be eating my dust!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #348
Thomkal
Head Coach

Autumn, when do you need to know? I have to go offline for an hour or so and want to think about who to take/send.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #349
Thomkal
Head Coach

heh Chesapeake no doubt you would win that challenge.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #350
Autumn
Head Coach

Thomkal, there's no particular rush. The "night" will span the weekend so as long as you can tell me over the next couple hours, that's good. I'd ask that you not discuss it in PM with anybody though, since technically you'd be deciding it right now in front of everyone.