Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #1001
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Is Chubby getting trained today? I thought he said he was not.

I think our 2nd officer was training someone else so as far as I know I'm not getting trained today.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #1002
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Yes

Ok thanks.. so come on Security personal.. step to it.. if at least one of you (Not Passacaglia) get some slaves rounded up, Telle can get going with her away team
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #1003
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I think our 2nd officer was training someone else so as far as I know I'm not getting trained today.

Ok, then you can go on the away mission too.. so long as nobody objects to subjecting so many new people to the outside environment.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #1004
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Chubby is eligible to be sent on an away mission today.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #1005
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Ok, then you can go on the away mission too.. so long as nobody objects to subjecting so many new people to the outside environment.

Nah. They'll likely need to be sent out tomorrow anyway to mine.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #1006
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Ok thanks.. so come on Security personal.. step to it.. if at least one of you (Not Passacaglia) get some slaves rounded up, Telle can get going with her away team

Quote:

Perhaps just take a Scientist and all slaves?

Chubby is wounded anyways...
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #1007
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not ordering the duplicant to do this or anything, but I would really like you to strongly consider that we will possibly get the most bang for the buck using it today to scan Path

I've got no problem with this.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #1008
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Desperate times.....
Old 07-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #1009
Telle
College Starter

Is there any issue with taking an injured person on an away mission? Just prevents him from using the time to heal, right? Or is there a decrease in the mission's success?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #1010
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
PF - to answer your question from earlier about your "comment"...my original question was simply in regards to your PM about sleeping conditions. I was asking if anyone else who wasn't able to sleep had received a similar PM. That's all.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #1011
saldana
Pro Starter

barkeep, can i round up slaves during the day time?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:46 AM   #1012
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Just whistle while you work (whistle)
Put that screwdriver in and spin
tightening that screw
Just hum a merry tune (hum)
Just forget that you need some rest
and say to the slaves, "F*ck you."

When there's too much to do
Don't let it bother you, forget your troubles
and know that Tyrith, Danny, and Heinz are here too

And whistle while you work (whistle)
Come on you stupid slaves and Spawn
quit acting like jerks

Just whistle while you work (whistle)
And together we can slay the slaves
So hum a merry tune (hum)
It won't take long with our phasers
to put the slaves in their graves

And as you work the cargo hold
keeping us drinking is bold
and necessary for the win
now if we can just kill some baddies

When we have water and their are no more slaves time will fly
so whistle while you work.

That made me smile.
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:46 AM   #1013
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
barkeep, can i round up slaves during the day time?
Yes
Old 07-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #1014
Barkeep49
Coordinator

olie uses her expertise to round up some of the slaves who have been wreaking havoc on the ship.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #1015
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok Telle, looks like you should be all set with some slaves to go with you.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:49 AM   #1016
saldana
Pro Starter

also, i am really apprehensive about PackerFanatic right now...not only is he exhausted, and giving a reason that no one else can confirm, but he has also tried several times to get another person sent outside, and risk exposing them to a spawn attack

as i have already said, I fully expect to be at the top of the lynch lists...i went outside already, and I had a crappy mission result while out there...right now my only real value is that I can continue going outside with 5 man away teams and not risk anyone else.

we are no where near getting this ship off the ground, so limiting the number of people that have been outside should be a very high priority...the same people that went yesterday, should be the ones that go again today.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #1017
saldana
Pro Starter

alan,

what do you want me to do, go after slaves, or take them out on a mission?

personally, i think chubby should round them up so he stays on the ship, and then I can take them out again....all about limiting exposure...i am gonna get lynched anyway since you are playing.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #1018
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Since it seemed like so much fun when olie did it, and by fun it is really meant that it was backbreaking and dangerous work, Mrs. Schmidty also decides to round up some slaves.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #1019
mccollins
College Prospect

So that's 8 of 18 slave corralled into the operational slave pen?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #1020
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
alan,

what do you want me to do, go after slaves, or take them out on a mission?

personally, i think chubby should round them up so he stays on the ship, and then I can take them out again....all about limiting exposure...i am gonna get lynched anyway since you are playing.

Hey, I haven't pushed for your lynch yet

I think you should round up slaves. We don't really have need for more than one away team today and our officers can lead slaves on an away team as well if need be comes up, so you are not necessarily required for that.

You do provide benefit in rounding up slaves though as a member of the security team you are less likely to be hurt than a normal member of the crew such as Chubby.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #1021
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Let's send out the same team that was so successful yesterday, led by Telle.

I prefer sending out the same teams as well since it keeps the exposure for everyone else lower.

I am playing catch up with all that's happened so far today, but I did send in a PM to BK about gathering slaves if there are still some wandering about.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #1022
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, if you have time - lets talk through the slaves stuff. You posted a plan earlier that has us rounding up all the slaves without me having to use that as my action, correct? If so, are we sacrificing other day actions in the process?

I can interrogate, but have less PM time today than other days so I'm not sure that I'll get maximum value out of it. I can give an order, but I hope I would not have to do so.

So I'm OK going after slaves today if it frees someone else up.

Part 2 - how to manage the slaves, can wait until we finish the "round up" conversation.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #1023
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, we still need water - right?

What do people think about putting Saldana out with the slaves to get water after we round them up? Less risk for our other crew members, we have the slave pens back in working order, so it would take some time for the spawn to break them free again. I'm up for trying to get some use out of these piles of crap (not including Saldana in this, unless he is spawn ) who have hampered our efforts up to this point.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #1024
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hey, I haven't pushed for your lynch yet

I think you should round up slaves. We don't really have need for more than one away team today and our officers can lead slaves on an away team as well if need be comes up, so you are not necessarily required for that.

You do provide benefit in rounding up slaves though as a member of the security team you are less likely to be hurt than a normal member of the crew such as Chubby.

order submitted
Old 07-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #1025
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
also, i am really apprehensive about PackerFanatic right now...not only is he exhausted, and giving a reason that no one else can confirm, but he has also tried several times to get another person sent outside, and risk exposing them to a spawn attack

I mentioned only once to Telle that she might want to send LSG because I am wounded and exhausted. The reasons I gave are the same reasons (coming from a PM) that others are giving for what happened to them, so I don't know why I would be any higher on your list than anyone else.

Plus I then mentioned that I would still go, just don't expect much out of a hurt, tired dude
Old 07-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #1026
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Alan, if you have time - lets talk through the slaves stuff. You posted a plan earlier that has us rounding up all the slaves without me having to use that as my action, correct? If so, are we sacrificing other day actions in the process?

I can interrogate, but have less PM time today than other days so I'm not sure that I'll get maximum value out of it. I can give an order, but I hope I would not have to do so.

So I'm OK going after slaves today if it frees someone else up.

Part 2 - how to manage the slaves, can wait until we finish the "round up" conversation.

I think we do need your help in rounding up the slaves. By my count we have you + 5 security personal. Rounding up 18 slaves is a 5 person job.. so that means we either need your day time order of interrogation or Passacaglia's daytime order of putting someone in the brig to be wasted.. I think Pass's day time order is more important to be kept, and would rather him not get slaves and instead be able to put people in the brig..

So that leaves either you skipping on interrogating someone today, on a day you already said you wouldn't be around much at all so you can gather slaves, or we risk a non-security personal to do the job and risk them possibly dying to do so.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #1027
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Lunch time pretty quick, I am sure I will have a dozen pages to catch up on when I get back
Old 07-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #1028
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
order submitted

i put in a cancellation after seeing hoops post....let me know what you want me to do Alan
Old 07-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #1029
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think we do need your help in rounding up the slaves. By my count we have you + 5 security personal. Rounding up 18 slaves is a 5 person job.. so that means we either need your day time order of interrogation or Passacaglia's daytime order of putting someone in the brig to be wasted.. I think Pass's day time order is more important to be kept, and would rather him not get slaves and instead be able to put people in the brig..

So that leaves either you skipping on interrogating someone today, on a day you already said you wouldn't be around much at all so you can gather slaves, or we risk a non-security personal to do the job and risk them possibly dying to do so.

ok, i didnt realize you had already counted hoops...i will put my action back in
Old 07-09-2008, 12:04 PM   #1030
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Well....

I already have some (slight) suspicion of Saldana being a spawn. This is because of his horrible performance mining yesterday. It's not much to go on, but it's better than nothing.

So we can sorta kinda kill two birds with one stone and lynch Saldana and kill the slaves today and we'd not be losing an important role and we'd get rid of the slave security risk. Kind of heartless, but such is life.

If I implicitly trusted Saldana, I'd probably advocate keeping the slaves alive, but I don't.

Didn't his group find 15 crys? I'm all for finding someone to go after, but I don't think his mission can be considered a complete disaster. Or am I wrong and that was actually Telle's mission that got the 15?
Old 07-09-2008, 12:05 PM   #1031
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i put in a cancellation after seeing hoops post....let me know what you want me to do Alan

Well.. we can talk it out some and see what people think.. but..

Slaves being out = people being injured and repair work being done.. which is counterproductive.

I think we need to get the slaves locked up today.. and as I said to hoops why i feel we need his help, the same goes for you otherwise we risk injury or death to a non security personal. (which is something that we can do if we feel the risk is worth it)... Or we could ask a non-security personal to try to capture them, and if he gets hurt or dies and fails to, then the backup is to go with plan A...

The risk for not gathering water is if we don't get the cargo hold fixed, people will get dehydrated tommorrow.. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but for that scenerio to happen, it would mean that our engineers who are working on the cargo hold currently as well as working on it tonight would have to have failed ... I think I would rather us do what someone else suggested and actually got heat for it though and have more than enough people work on the cargo hold + security to make sure it doesnt get attacked tonight to absolutely make sure we don't have problems with it tommorrow..

That would then allow us to not have to worry about the water today, and allow us to have more mining runs tommorrow... If we fail to fix the hold today/tonight, water isn't our only concern.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #1032
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
Didn't his group find 15 crys? I'm all for finding someone to go after, but I don't think his mission can be considered a complete disaster. Or am I wrong and that was actually Telle's mission that got the 15?

You are right, it was sal's group that got the 15. Telle's group explored.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #1033
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

Telle's group was extremely successful at scouting out places to mine for crys (giving bonuses to later mining groups).

Saldana's slave group mined 16 crys.

I had said that 15 crys was a number that had previously stuck in my head as an average goal so that we'd only need 5 mining journeys to get 75 crys. We need 59 more so if 3 groups got 20 that'd obviously be awesome.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #1034
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, sounds like I'm needed for slaves so I'm on it. I definitely agree that we need to box them up as between damaging ships and people they are a huge drain.

I was hoping we could extract some value out of them before snuffing them out - the pens are in fine working order now and we have a pretty clear understanding of what is needed to guard them. The downside I see to keeping them around is that we at least have to consider guard actions against that room. Obviously there is greater downside if they get out again, but that is more or less under our control.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #1035
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, sounds like I'm needed for slaves so I'm on it. I definitely agree that we need to box them up as between damaging ships and people they are a huge drain.

I was hoping we could extract some value out of them before snuffing them out - the pens are in fine working order now and we have a pretty clear understanding of what is needed to guard them. The downside I see to keeping them around is that we at least have to consider guard actions against that room. Obviously there is greater downside if they get out again, but that is more or less under our control.

As long as the security HQ remains in tact, the slave pens are protected against damage. So we just worry about the Security HQ anyways and no additional effort for the slave pens.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #1036
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
As long as the security HQ remains in tact, the slave pens are protected against damage. So we just worry about the Security HQ anyways and no additional effort for the slave pens.

So then why don't we keep them alive again? Next time it gets damaged you can make the decision as to whether to fix the pen or off them. But while the pen is undamaged and protected there doesn't seem to be a need to kill them off.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #1037
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So then why don't we keep them alive again? Next time it gets damaged you can make the decision as to whether to fix the pen or off them. But while the pen is undamaged and protected there doesn't seem to be a need to kill them off.

The problem is that we can only kill them, if my understanding is correct, when they are rounded up in the undamaged pen. Otherwise, we have to hunt them individually.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #1038
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I know I'm in the minority here, but I would be for offing them because we are starting to really fall behind on some important repairs.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #1039
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
The problem is that we can only kill them, if my understanding is correct, when they are rounded up in the undamaged pen. Otherwise, we have to hunt them individually.

I thought they just had to be in the pen.. doesn't matter if it's damaged or not so long as it is still containing them.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:16 PM   #1040
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

But if they also give us the man-power to mine even 16 crys (or water, etc.) then I think they're worth it
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:16 PM   #1041
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I thought from BKs write-up that Saldana's mission was pretty much a disaster. I'll go find the post...
Old 07-09-2008, 12:16 PM   #1042
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I think I would rather us do what someone else suggested and actually got heat for it though and have more than enough people work on the cargo hold + security to make sure it doesnt get attacked tonight to absolutely make sure we don't have problems with it tommorrow..

That would then allow us to not have to worry about the water today, and allow us to have more mining runs tommorrow... If we fail to fix the hold today/tonight, water isn't our only concern.

We can practically guarantee that with the slaves running around today there will be more cycles needed to re-fix the Security HQ and the Cargo Hold tonight.

This is the same situation we were in at the transition to night 1 and overnight:
- We had the Security HQ fixed and people slated to be in the brig, but then the Security HQ sustained more damage and the brig was de-secured.
- We had 11 available beds, but because the Security HQ was being re-repaired, 6 more beds were broken overnight.

If calculations are correct, right before the night deadline the Security HQ and Slave Pen will be operational and the cargo hold will need one more cycle of work. Just after the night deadline, we'll have 5 cycles of engineer work to fix those and start working on other things.

Then, just before the morning deadline if the cargo hold is fixed and then just after the morning deadline it comes back as broken, I don't know what happens to us getting water.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #1043
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I thought they just had to be in the pen.. doesn't matter if it's damaged or not so long as it is still containing them.

I think this is right and they did not get out until the end of a day where the slave pen was still damaged.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #1044
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I thought from BKs write-up that Saldana's mission was pretty much a disaster. I'll go find the post...

The thing that strikes me is that I would think that it's in the Spawn's interest to delay by damaging things at night and converting crew members. I can't see a player like Sal sabotaging a mining mission right away for some reason......
Old 07-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #1045
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
When Saldana and the slaves return, he's not terribly happy. "Listen the site should have been good. And what was accomplished wasn't all that great. You all know that this planet is arid. It's hilly. It's dusty. It's boiling hot out there which doesn't make the work easy. But there are just some places you expect to find Crystilium and this was one of them. But there just wasn't a whole lot of it there."

When the results are refined you discover that the away team only recovered 16 units of Crystilium which isn't bad but not what was expected based on the exploration.

Here's the post. It's actually not quite as bad as I remembered it, just disappointing.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #1046
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

People keep saying this, but I think the quote was something like "slightly below average".
Old 07-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #1047
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

But by the same token, I think we got a stroke of bad luck with the revolt. Or at least given Alan's (or hoops forget which) posts on how it compared to last game, it seemed like more of an aberrational instance than something we can count on happening each night.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #1048
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
The thing that strikes me is that I would think that it's in the Spawn's interest to delay by damaging things at night and converting crew members. I can't see a player like Sal sabotaging a mining mission right away for some reason......

I'd agree with this. I can't think Sal would sabotage our 1st mining mission.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #1049
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

Yeah, you're right. Especially since Saldana was alone on the mission (as far as players go).

I'm backing off my suspicion of Saldana for now.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:21 PM   #1050
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, the difference today is that the Slave Pen and the security HQ already are fixed or should be fixed based on Barkeep yesterday saying that goes into effect immediately.. So we -shouldn't- need to worry about the slaves getting out again unless there is more sabotage which shouldn't be possible for the slave pen tonight as the security HQ is working..

So for slaves to get back out, spawn have to attack the security HQ, then the next day attack the slave pen correct?

So I am ok with thinking as long as we can round up the slaves we should be ok there for at least now. The big question is the water issue.. It seems to me from what the engineers said earlier, we should feel pretty confident that they should be able to repair it by the morning time when we all have to drink so none of us should be dehydrated.. the only issue where that wouldn't be true is if someone faked work.. so we might want more workers than needed just in case to make sure that doesn't occur tonight and we all have water to drink tommorrow..

The security are going to have headaches though with so many places to guard, plus possibly people to guard or spy on.