Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-13-2006, 07:58 AM   #1
Tim Tellean
High School JV

$1,000 Total Pro Golf Course Designer Contest

$1,000 Course Designer Contest!
Posted : Tuesday, June 13 2006
Troy, MI June 13, 2006 - Wolverine Studios, a leading developer of computer game sports simulations announces the start of the Total Pro Golf Course Designer Contest. Over $1,000 in cash and prizes will be given out to budding course architects who are willing to take on the challenge of creating the most interesting original course designs using the Total Pro Golf Course Designer. Do you have what it takes to compete with the best course designers in the PC golf community? There's only one way to find out!

The TPG Course Designer allows users to easily and quickly create beautiful 2D renditions of golf courses for use in the upcoming game Total Pro Golf and is available as a free download from Wolverine Studios at www.wolverinestudios.com The contest is open to anyone 18 years and older and entrants will have until July 13th to enter their submissions with prizes ranging from free copies of Total Pro Golf to the top prize of $500 cash! Winning entries will also get their courses included in this summer's release of Total Pro Golf. The competition will be fierce as contestants have the option of either using the Course Designer itself to create their original course masterpiece or pushing their graphical talents to the max by designing their original course holes in outside programs and using the mapping ability of the Course Designer to prepare it those full sized images for use in Total Pro Golf. Either way there will be some fantastic original courses available for Total Pro Golf this summer and a few elite designers with a little more cash in their pocket.

For official contest rules or more information on Total Pro Golf and the Total Pro Golf Course Designer please visit the official website of Wolverine Studios at www.wolverinestudios.com Please click here to to view the official contest rules and click the download link to grab the Total Pro Golf Course Designer and get started!

About Wolverine Studios
Wolverine Studios, a Michigan based company, is a leading developer of computer game sports simulations. Further information about the company is available from the Wolverine Studios website at www.wolverinestudios.com

Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:19 AM   #2
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Wow!
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

So - any FOFCers gonna give it a shot?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:37 AM   #4
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski
So - any FOFCers gonna give it a shot?

hells yeah

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
Franklinnoble
Banned

I could use the thousand bucks.

I could also use some Photoshop skills.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #6
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
I could use the thousand bucks.

I could also use some Photoshop skills.

Well just to be clear nobody's going to win all of the money but the first prize is $500. I know a few guys from FOFC are on the beta team and they can't win either but I look forward to seeing what some other FOFCers come up with. Remember, they have to be totally original designs and not real course recreations and you can use the photoshop/import method too if you want to go all out and make something different than a course using either the stock or custom created textures.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #7
drewmtn
n00b

Yes, I will participate, assuming that I can find enough time to finish my course. I'll be using the design method that comes with the game.

(This means, though, that re-creation of Merion will go on hold for awhile . . . )
drewmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:19 PM   #8
kingfc22
Head Coach

Hmm, might have to see if I have time to give this a shot.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:21 PM   #9
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Bump to remind everyone that anyone who is interested in this still has more than enough time to design a course and get it in - just over two weeks left to enter and you could do a really nice course in a week's time if you wanted to.