Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #351
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Conflicting information re: Supersim in different threads, but most people seem to say it is in the PS2 and Xbox versions. Here is the most detailed impressions I've seen of the PS2 version on OS (you need to register over there to view it):

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=209792

Thanks. I saw you mention OS a few times earlier, but didn't know if it was worth registering for. I'll check it out.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:37 AM   #352
CraigSca
Pro Starter

It's kind of frustrating in some of those impression threads. People keep asking the same already answered questions and the ones that I find interesting seem to be ignored.

If I hear one more person ask about I-AA teams (no, they're not in NG) or about a particular teams a) playbook b) ratings for their top 5 players c) hair length, I'm going to scream.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #353
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
It's kind of frustrating in some of those impression threads. People keep asking the same already answered questions and the ones that I find interesting seem to be ignored.

If I hear one more person ask about I-AA teams (no, they're not in NG) or about a particular teams a) playbook b) ratings for their top 5 players c) hair length, I'm going to scream.

The reaction to your humorous questions in there was priceless. Some guys have no sense of irony or sarcasm.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-12-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #354
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yep. I hate the ratings questions, and guys who complain about no clear visors. Get a life!!!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #355
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
The reaction to your humorous questions in there was priceless. Some guys have no sense of irony or sarcasm.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised no one understood when I asked for BYU's top five players and their hair/sock lengths.
how do you know?

Old 07-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #356
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
FWIW, the two guys who are confirmed to have the game on OS report a lower number of fumbles that is more realistic. One of them also says the game plays better than the demo and doesn't have the noticable pause between plays. I'm finally checking out the demo tonight. I can't wait to play the retail version on Tuesday.

Great news!

I can't wait either. Not sure if I want to get the necessary tools to get the real rosters or just start with fake names.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #357
Ksyrup

For some reason, with college, I couldn't care less about real players. Maybe it's because they go away pretty quickly, or that 95% of the players on 115 teams I don't know anyway.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #358
jbmagic
Pro Starter

From Operation Sports.

First Impression thread who has the retail game already.

Quote:
Stats look pretty good to me:

No QB went over 4,000 yards. QB with most TD passes (Chad Henne) was 43 but he had 11 INTs. NO QBs had 2 or 3 INTs for an entire season. Every top QB had at least 7 INTs. QB ratings look much more realistic.

McFadden went over 2,000 yards rushing but next highest RB had 1,700 yards. There were some ridiculous ypc averages for the top RBs....like 8 ypc.

Top WR had 1600 yards and 16 TDs. YPC were much mroe realistic than last year. No 20 ypc WRs.

Top OL had 34 pancake blocks but I didn't play any of the games so I can't speak to whether the insane pancake blocks for user teams will show up or not.

One thing that bothered me was tackles. Maybe it was because they sim 5:00 quarters because the leading tackler in the country had 90 tackles.

Player with the most INTs had 9. Again INTs may go up when the user is playing.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:22 PM   #359
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Many more impressions on OS as about a half dozen people have the game over there now. Most of them sound very good. A few of my favorites that have been mentioned by multiple people: Jump balls are much more realistic. Trick formations make good use of automotion. Also, bad CPU kickers are missing even intermediate kicks wide. The game is saving all of the plays to review at the end - at least on 5 minute quarters you can go back to any play in the game and review it from 8 different angles. Also, multiple people have confirmed the delay that was in the demo with the play calling screen is gone.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-12-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #360
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Forgot my favorite 2 impressions: The CPU will punt from the 35 if it is 4th and long and they have a weak FG kicker. Also, the CPU reportedly seems to be running a good hurry up offense when they are behind and time is running low with more passing towards the sidelines.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #361
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Hopefully the game turns out well...I hope IGN/Gamespot posts a review on Friday (even though they're slammed with E3...lucky timing for EA?)

I have Friday off so I'll see if anywhere is selling it early. EFan, are our College Hoops 2k7 days numbered?
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #362
WVUFAN
College Starter

For what it's worth, I have the game (got it at a local Wal-Mart just before work), if anyone has questions. I won't be able to answer them until I get home (I'm at work right now).

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-12-2007 at 06:08 PM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #363
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm trying to convince myself not to go hunting for the game, but it's hard. I never find it early, but I just have fun going around town to search for it. It's pointless, though. The only places within 20 miles of me are Target, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, EB/GameStop, Toys R Us, and Best Buy. You know EB and Best Buy aren't gonna budge. Target is a crapshoot. Sam's Club had the game out on the shelf early last year, but their register rejected the sale, so I assume that Wal-Mart's will do the same. The Toys R Us people around here are generally clueless about new video games, so that's my best hope, but they've told me in the past that they usually get their video game shipments on Mondays, so they don't even bother to look around if it's not a Monday or Tuesday.

Just for fun, I'll probably go searching anyway. Silly me.

Edit: Err, after reading WVUFAN's post, I guess I'm wrong about Wal-Mart.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 07-12-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #364
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I'm trying to convince myself not to go hunting for the game, but it's hard. I never find it early, but I just have fun going around town to search for it. It's pointless, though. The only places within 20 miles of me are Target, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, EB/GameStop, Toys R Us, and Best Buy. You know EB and Best Buy aren't gonna budge. Target is a crapshoot. Sam's Club had the game out on the shelf early last year, but their register rejected the sale, so I assume that Wal-Mart's will do the same. The Toys R Us people around here are generally clueless about new video games, so that's my best hope, but they've told me in the past that they usually get their video game shipments on Mondays, so they don't even bother to look around if it's not a Monday or Tuesday.

Just for fun, I'll probably go searching anyway. Silly me.

Edit: Err, after reading WVUFAN's post, I guess I'm wrong about Wal-Mart.

I have a friend who works there, and it didn't have a problem going through, although I'm not sure if he did something special to make it work.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #365
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Hopefully the game turns out well...I hope IGN/Gamespot posts a review on Friday (even though they're slammed with E3...lucky timing for EA?)

I have Friday off so I'll see if anywhere is selling it early. EFan, are our College Hoops 2k7 days numbered?

I'd still play College Hoops 2k7, but it would be much less if this game turns out as well as it sounds like it might. Unless there are major advancements in College Hoops 2k8, I'm going to skip it and just continue my 07 dynasty.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #366
bignej
High School JV

I just found NCAA 08 at a C&C games in Fremont Ohio for anyone who lives nearby.
bignej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:15 PM   #367
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I'm back in Findlay and that's only about a 40 minute drive!
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #368
bignej
High School JV

They said they close at 8. BTW, These guys were fully aware they are selling early and seemed surprised I only wanted 1 copy.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:55 PM   #369
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Hilarious. I'm reading the NCAA impressions thread over at OS, and I see this post from jbmagic. It is word for word exactly the same post that I put in a questions thread in Madden's Community Day on their forum:

07-13-2007, 01:31 AM #662
jbmagic
Rookie

Re: *OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread

Is there still too many DE's taken in the 1st round?

Will teams draft more intelligently and consider their own rosters (For example will a team with a young potential star QB still take a QB in the first round or two?)
Old 07-12-2007, 09:02 PM   #370
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hilarious. I'm reading the NCAA impressions thread over at OS, and I see this post from jbmagic. It is word for word exactly the same post that I put in a questions thread in Madden's Community Day on their forum:

07-13-2007, 01:31 AM #662
jbmagic
Rookie

Re: *OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread

Is there still too many DE's taken in the 1st round?

Will teams draft more intelligently and consider their own rosters (For example will a team with a young potential star QB still take a QB in the first round or two?)

yep

I didn't see it get answer where you posted it at, so I posted that great question in the NCAA Impressions Forum.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #371
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Wait. I don't get it. What draft are we referring to in NCAA? Is that a new feature in 08? Do they also have the Grand Slam Challenge?
how do you know?

Old 07-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #372
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The cut and paste master!
Old 07-13-2007, 03:15 AM   #373
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
For what it's worth, I have the game (got it at a local Wal-Mart just before work), if anyone has questions. I won't be able to answer them until I get home (I'm at work right now).

Impressions? Come on, I know you're still up playing it... Which version do you have, PS3?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:41 AM   #374
bignej
High School JV

OK so after spending an hour putting in Ohio State's roster I fired up a game. (editing takes longer it seems). Here are a few impressions from my OSU-MICH game:

- Graphics are alot better and the games moves really smooth(as if that says anything)
- To see play art before the snap, you hold right trigger and flick the right stick up(sort of annoying)
- Plays will auto-motion receivers and backs before the snap
- I fumbled(and lost) the ball twice and threw 4 picks, I feel like I have to relearn how to play offensively.
- Running is fun but I hope the fumbles were a fluke, I don't want to have to remember to press the protect ball button everytime I run. Also I couldn't switch hands when running down the sideline.
- Chad Henne killed me, Maybe AA level was a little optimistic.
-No sacks from 10 yards away that I could tell(and I was sacked about 5 times)
- Only 1 pass interference was called all game and that was legit when I picked it off and ran it back.

One Play stood out in particular for me: Henne threw into the endzone and the reciever jumped up and had it at the peak. I hit sticked him low and the guy flipped(looked like I broke his neck). First time I actually jumped out of my seat for a video game hit in a long time. That was nice.

I played 1 dynasty game, againts FCS Midwest, and won 70-0. Best thing about that was I started simming when I was up 30-0 in the 2Q. The computer subbed in all of my backups without me telling it to(I was really worried about this)
Old 07-13-2007, 05:46 AM   #375
bignej
High School JV

To touch on the recruiting, u select 35 guys by searching or the old method to your target list. I'm sure it was the sheer # of recruits, but it seemed a little slow. I always got into a rythm in recruiting in older versions but this seemed like an awful lot of work. You can select Recruiting assistance, offer assistance, and visit assistance(i think that was the third). It alows you to create a prospect before preseason recruiting initially if thats your thing.

If anyone has specific Q's on gameplay please ask, I am going from memory and I was drinking heavily.

Last edited by bignej : 07-13-2007 at 06:19 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:21 AM   #376
BYU 14
Coordinator

Anyone that got an early copy have a PS3 version?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #377
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
To see play art before the snap, you hold right trigger and flick the right stick up(sort of annoying)

Nooooooo!!! I was hoping that wouldn't be in the final version.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:03 PM   #378
Ironhead
College Prospect

I am going to go ahead and buy the the 360 for this game and then get All Pro 2k8 in a month or so.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should buy it? I do not plan on buying an extended warranty from the store so that doesn't have to play into it. Since I am going to be dropping over $450 for the 360 and NCAA is there a store that would bundle it with a free year of Xbox Live or something along those lines?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #379
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'd still play College Hoops 2k7, but it would be much less if this game turns out as well as it sounds like it might. Unless there are major advancements in College Hoops 2k8, I'm going to skip it and just continue my 07 dynasty.

I'm gonna play it pretty much just like that
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:36 PM   #380
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
I am going to go ahead and buy the the 360 for this game and then get All Pro 2k8 in a month or so.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should buy it? I do not plan on buying an extended warranty from the store so that doesn't have to play into it. Since I am going to be dropping over $450 for the 360 and NCAA is there a store that would bundle it with a free year of Xbox Live or something along those lines?

I would try a local Gamestop or EB Games.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #381
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post

Starting Sunday, Circuit City will be giving a free year of XBox Live with the purchase of any 360 system.

I'm in Marlboro...we can meet up at the CC in Freehold and buy the system at the same time .
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:46 PM   #382
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The impressions on OS are insane. I'm not sure I've ever had such a high level of anticipation for a console football game.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:57 PM   #383
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
The impressions on OS are insane. I'm not sure I've ever had such a high level of anticipation for a console football game.

I've tried to find the links you're talking about but with no luck. Can you post a link?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #384
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I've tried to find the links you're talking about but with no luck. Can you post a link?

http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/index.php
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #385
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It's almost a thousand post thread (in just a few days) and you need to be logged in to view it:

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...211312&page=92

A few of my favorite tidbits from it that immediately come to mind:

- A guy was dominating with his HB (I forget which one) and was running well with him as well as throwing little screens to him. The computer started putting 8 and 9 men in the box in obvious running situations and started double teaming him when he was spread out wide.

- When the computer has a lead, it is actually running down the play clock earlier than ever.

- People are getting decent results on All American with default sliders! They are getting very good results with just a few minor slider tweaks The only one that is routinely being adjusted is interceptions are being turned way down (which is one of flaws that remains.) However, with interception slider at 15, people are saying it is much better.

- The computer is actually sticking with the run if it is working and has run 40-50 times for a few hundred yards against one guy.

- Simmed stats look great. One other guy posted and besides the one's jb copied, there were ones in which rushing QB stats looked good, passing stats looked great, and defensive stats looked very solid.

- Some of the stories about mid air collisions sound amazing. One guy was running down the sideline with his FB and accidently hit the hurdle button and was nailed by a DB who flipped him over, but the FB had the presence of mind to reach out with his hand and put the ball inside the pylon for the TD.

- Players are slipping in rain and snow and people say that fatigue really seems well done, particularly in inclimate conditions.

- The biggest common complaint is too many interceptions which appears to be fixable with sliders, alternate uniforms which I frankly don't care about, and the lack of class editing which I also don't care about as starting rosters don't need to be perfect for me.

Oh yeah, the fake punt run play actually worked for someone for a 1st down. That play never worked in the past.

- Also, the Florida playbook sounds like it is quite fun to run as well as a few of the other more imaginative teams. Among many other interesting plays there is a WR option pass play.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #386
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
and the lack of class editing which I also don't care about as starting rosters don't need to be perfect for me.

Not to nitpick, but this is something that has always bothered me. They know they get eligibility wrong, it's a foregone conclusion every year...why not just let us fix it? A couple years back I had to create an alternate Brian Leonard just so I could play with him for the right number of years.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #387
Kodos
Resident Alien

Man.... I can't wait for Tuesday...
Old 07-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #388
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's almost a thousand post thread (in just a few days) and you need to be logged in to view it:

Well, that explains why I wasn't seeing it.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #389
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Man.... I can't wait for Tuesday...

Me neither. A few of the other things that I forgot to put in the other post but have been excited to read:

- With 6 minute quarters on AA, guys are ending up with 10-7, 14-7 type games and even a few 6-3 games in the snow (which most people don't like as the snow is overdone and makes it impossible to see the sidelines.)

- 3rd and long is hard to convert and long passing is really difficult. Even on short and intermediate passes, QB's with lower accuracy ratings are missing guys in all directions. Finally, QB's aren't perfect with their throws.

- On AA with mild slider tweaks, experienced players are getting beat by the CPU. One guy just had Colt Brennan complete almost 70% against him and shred his defense for over 300 yards.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:28 PM   #390
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Well, I'm definitely going to be hunting a little bit this weekend. I'm sure I'll strike out like I do every year, but I'm going to give it a shot. I've tried one Wal-Mart and one Toys R Us. No sight of the game at either place. I'm going to try another Wal-Mart tonight or tomorrow, and I'll probably end up checking out Target and FYE as well.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:34 PM   #391
Ksyrup

Against my better judgment, I might stop at Target and Wal-Mart on the way home. I'd really like to get it now because the family doesn't come home until Monday. After that, we're going on vacation in a couple of weeks - I'll probably wait for my birthday in mid-August.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #392
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thanks EF for all the impressions!!

Tuesday can't come quick enough.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:46 PM   #393
rowech
Pro Starter

Too long for me to read through (threat at OS) not having read from the start....did anyone mention anything about the little glitches between calling plays, etc. Are they gone in the final game?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #394
WVUFAN
College Starter

There's no glitches between plays so far.

This game, at AA, is HARD. Good lord. I'm in the second year of a dynasty (I simmed first year stats), and Va Tech just spanked me(I'm WVU) 34-14. Completely stopped my offense.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:56 PM   #395
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Too long for me to read through (threat at OS) not having read from the start....did anyone mention anything about the little glitches between calling plays, etc. Are they gone in the final game?

Several people have said it is gone. One person says he sees it. Another says it is there, but it is less noticable. Shrug.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #396
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Thanks EF for all the impressions!!

Tuesday can't come quick enough.

I'm just summarizing what other people said. I can't wait to form some of my own impressions. I can't wait for my upcoming 3 day weekend next week
Old 07-13-2007, 02:59 PM   #397
Kodos
Resident Alien

Is Walmart where people have been finding it? I may have to swing by...
Old 07-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #398
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Is Walmart where people have been finding it? I may have to swing by...

I've heard of several from Walmart, several from Circuit City, and the majority seem to be mom and pop stores. I'm actually contemplating going 15 miles out of my way after work to check out a mom and pop store... I'll probably just call them instead to see what they say.

Edit: Most people who are getting it from places other than mom and pop stores, seem to have a connection at the store.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-13-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #399
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Starting Sunday, Circuit City will be giving a free year of XBox Live with the purchase of any 360 system.

I'm in Marlboro...we can meet up at the CC in Freehold and buy the system at the same time .

Sounds like a plan - I have a wedding to attend in Red Bank on Sunday evening but could do it in the morning. I am thinking about doing a little hunting for NCAA after work.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:16 PM   #400
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Check out this article on 5w-g about rosters for the 360. Especially Fairdales comment at the end. Sounds like they will get something figured out but it'll be difficult.

http://www.5w-g.com/?p=233
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote