Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2007, 08:11 PM   #101
hoopsguy
General Manager

Official Tournament #9 lineups:
Team #1: Hunter, DeanHouston, BigJeff, Izulde
Team #2: RipSavage, DirkDiggler, CoffeeWarlord, WVUFAN

Official Tournament #9 Round #1 previews:
BigJeff vs RipSavage: BJ has more talent and experience right now. Neither is a huge edge, but cumulatively they point towards another first round win for BigJeff.

Hunter vs DirkDiggler: these used to be really good fights before the injury. Now? Dirk should mow down the recovering Hunter.

DeanHouston vs CoffeeWarlord: there is no truth to the rumors that the commissioner has put a bounty on DeanHouston's head. It is pure coincidence that the roid-raging CoffeeWarlord drew him in the opener.

Izulde vs WVUFAN: expectations are modest for WVUFAN - get more than one Progress Point in this fight. This should be just the slump-buster that Izulde needs.

Official Tournament #9, Round 1 Results:
Rip gets an early block and counters with a punch that clips BigJeff; that was the only early scoring. Rip extends the lead with a front kick in the second that staggers his foe and presses the advantage with a lunging shot to the stomach. He is fighting well while fatigued, something not often seen by the FOFC fighters. BigJeff is swinging wildly, trying to get back in the fight in the third, but that doesn't work out well. He just exhausts himself, and Rip takes advantage with a high kick that knocks out BigJeff! 5-0 final.

Dirk reels Hunter with his first kick of the fight and lands another one moments later. He is in total command, as he connects with a third kick before the buzzer. The second round features a more varied attack, as Dirk starts to bring his fists into the fray as well. He is just destroying Hunter, by a 7-1 margin going into the third. Dirk gets a knockdown, but not a knockout, en route to a 9-2 decision.

First blood to Dean, but Coffee ties is up with a haymaker. 1-1 after one round, as both fighters went after each other ineffectively. Coffee cracks Dean's defense midway through the second, with a huge left that floors the undefeated wunderkid. Coffee moves the lead to 3-1 with a kick in the third - a virtual lock, given the power of his punches. Just to rub salt in the wound, Coffee knocks him down late in the third with another kick. 4-1 final, as the caffeinated one moves on to the second round.

Izulde starts off fast, landing back to back hits against WVUFAN. Moments later he connects with a backhand slap that staggers WVUFAN. And OH MY!!! That kick came out of nowhere and WVUFAN is not getting up! 4-0, first period knockout!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:20 PM   #102
hoopsguy
General Manager

Official Tournament #9, Round #2 Previews:
RipSavage vs DirkDiggler: Dirk is bigger, more talented, and more experienced. But that didn't help BigJeff against Rip in the last round. All four fighters looked dominating in their opening round matches, setting up an exciting semi-final round. I've got to pick Dirk to win this one, as he remains the best pound-for-pound fighter in the game even though his results don't always back this up.

CoffeeWarlord vs Izulde: same size, skill but Izulde has won an awful lot more on the tour. Still, the Warlord has been fighting uphill since the start of his career. He has to be excited that his skills have grown to a point where they are not dismissed against one of FOFC's finest. I'll look for him to pull an upset here.

Official Tournament #9, Round #2 Results:
Dirk controls the tempo and finally breaks through late in the first, staggering Rip with a kick. Same result early in the second, as he takes a two point lead. The margin moves to three and Rip goes on the offensive, swinging wildly and connecting. 3-1 after two. Dirk connects again early in the third and avoids a couple of wild swings from Rip before landing a kick to the stomach that puts Rip on the deck wheezing. He can't answer the count and Dirk has a KO. 5-2 final.

Izulde gets an early lead as he sneaks a kick past CoffeeWarlord's defenses. 1-0 after one. Both fighters fail to connect in the second round, but CoffeeWarlord takes over in the third with three straight big hits, including a knockdown kick on the second. Izulde didn't know what hit him! He does manage to land one last hit, but knows that he doesn't have enough in the tank to pull this one out. 3-2 CoffeeWarlord.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:22 PM   #103
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Coffee smash MORE!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:25 PM   #104
hoopsguy
General Manager

Official Tournament #9, Championship Preview:
DirkDiggler vs CoffeeWarlord: Dirk has destroyed so far this tournament, in a run that looks remarkably similar to his previous title run. CoffeeWarlord seems to have stepped up his game, but he is going to need to work extra hard on his defense to stick around in this one. Dirk should collect his second title while CoffeeWarlord gets one of the illustrious runner-up prizes (my guess - rubber ducky).

Official Tournament #9, Championship Results:
Dirk and Coffee trade big kicks in the first round - neither one of them looks very comfortable early on. Dirk lands a spin kick to start the second period and take the lead. That is all for the scoring, as CoffeeWarlord looks tired - is he too hyped up for the big moment? Dirk connects with another pair of kicks, working over CoffeeWarlord's midsection. The Warlord tries to get back in the match with one punch, putting himself in dangerous positions. But Dirk doesn't capitalize, instead coasting to a 4-1 victory.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #105
hoopsguy
General Manager

In other news, CoffeeWarlord is indeed rewarded with the Rubber Ducky. There are a couple of different runner-up prizes:
1. Foam Martial Arts Weapon Set
2. Rubber Ducky
3. Autographed Picture of Opponent
4. I'm forgetting one, I think.

So if I make some seemingly random comment about the runner-up prize then please reference this post.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:31 PM   #106
hoopsguy
General Manager

Another update - regular tournaments do not translate into getting a dojo workout. So that limits the value of that plan, although it should still be a useful way for struggling fighters to pick up some needed Progress Points. I guess it is better than just sitting on the sidelines during the tournament, although clearly it is more useful to compete in the Official tournies and get the corresponding dojo workout.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:48 AM   #107
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

CDub just got schooled. Diggler style.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:23 AM   #108
Izulde
Head Coach

Your ass is mine, Coffee Peon!

I will have my revenge!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:00 PM   #109
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Coffee will smash you again and again, girly man.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #110
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hey hoops.

This is begging for Erik Flamebeard of the Neither Here Nor There to make an appearance.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 06-25-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #111
hoopsguy
General Manager

CW, do you want me to create a "Flamebeard" character? If so, who is his trainer?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #112
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It's gotta be Chuck. He is the only one who MIGHT be able to control Erik.

Who am I kidding. There is no controlling the mighty Erik Flamebeard.

edit: I'm assuming that's not eating a spot for a "real" FOFC'r.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 06-25-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:36 PM   #113
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
CDub just got spooned. Diggler style.

Fixed it for you Dirk
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:39 PM   #114
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
edit: I'm assuming that's not eating a spot for a "real" FOFC'r.

No worries - we haven't had a rush on those spots anyways. With tournaments able to scale up to 32 participants, we are a long way from that being an issue.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #115
Erik Flamebeard of The Neither Here Nor There
n00b

I shall crush all. Oh yes.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:58 PM   #116
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Post to fix the lonnnnng name format.