Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-22-2009, 09:55 PM   #701
SackAttack
Head Coach

Blink.

FM 2010 is showing signs of inclement weather in the 2D viewer. I don't recall seeing that in previous versions.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #702
Izulde
Head Coach

I need to put this on my Christmas list.

What are some tactics/type of players you guys use/look for to create a fun, high-scoring team?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #703
mel-anon
n00b

OK, picking up on something re: upcoming opponent scouting from earlier. How should I interpret these? Most of the reports I get are some variation of the following: "This team wants to draw opponents in before launching a counter-attack" and "This team likes to play possession football and will look to get the ball down and play it." These things seem contradictory. How can they play for possession if they are counter-attacking? I've thought perhaps it's a reference to how they play with the ball vs. how they play without the ball, but I'm a complete dunce on this.
mel-anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:47 AM   #704
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I just signed a stud young defender out of Italy. During the welcoming press conference, I was asked whether I would ask one of my current players who spoke Italian to help the new guy settle and I said that I would. The young guy is enraged with that comment. Go figure, I'd think if you don't speak the language you'd want a countryman to help you settle but boy was I wrong.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:48 AM   #705
Izulde
Head Coach

Tried out the demo with Worcester a little bit.

Drew our own reserves, which led me to calling up one of the youth players that I rather fancy now.

Then beat GH Academy, whoever they are, 2-1, despite their being favored.

Next up on the friendly list, League 2 side Barnet and we upset them 1-0.

The bitch part? 3 starters are lost to injury... 9-12 days for one, 4 weeks for another, 6-8 weeks for the third.

The good news is I picked up a striker on a free who should fill in okay I'm guessing and despite the fact that both starting MCs went down, I feel like we have depth enough to cover at least one, if not both those spots.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:05 AM   #706
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

Ooh, quite the saucy choice there.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:53 AM   #707
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
I just signed a stud young defender out of Italy. During the welcoming press conference, I was asked whether I would ask one of my current players who spoke Italian to help the new guy settle and I said that I would. The young guy is enraged with that comment. Go figure, I'd think if you don't speak the language you'd want a countryman to help you settle but boy was I wrong.

donīt worry too much, itīll go by and wonīt affect him too much. Iīm ready to be corrected and i do try to get it right in Pressers regardless, but imo they are more cosmetic than actually changing/influencing the game all that much.

It is however good that you do have a fellow italian-speaker in your roster, that can keep his morale up. If a guy has trouble settling in youīll be lucky to get him to "okay" moral.

Anyhow, i decided to start it over with Piacenza in the Serie B. Was projected 15th, now am sitting at 7th. The first 6 get a shot at Promotion (first 2 direct, 3-6 playoffs) , although i am pretty sure i donīt want to be promoted with the talent base iīm having right now.
Had a transfer budget of only 300k and about 200k wage budget. Sold 3 players for peanuts and change, bought a Czech CB recommended by my backroom staff who was previously out of favour with his Dutch first league team (played 20+ games there IRL in 08/09 though) but has great stats for serie B for nearly my entire transfer budget and a big part of my wage budget.
Also loaned out a 23 Italian who could play both DR/DL (but who broke his foot 2 games in) and who i can buy at 120K when the loan is up and a 19 year old defensive midfielder from Juventus, they wouldnīt have any of me buying him eventually though ...
And when my other decent DR went down with a 3 month injury i got a 26 year old turkish DR who is distinctly average but the best available on a free (only ones you can register after the transfer period ends)

If i for some reason would achieve promotion iīd go down big time next year as with about 5000 fans per game and less than 2 mio in the balance i somehow donīt see me getting a big budget even in that case.
Combined with my 4 players per season rule that wouldnīt look too good

I have only scored 13 goals in 11 games (and 5 of those in one game alone !), but also only conceded 6 Not exactly the type of football i want to play and quite frankly going in i though my offense was better than my defense, but apparently that isnīt the case. Save to say that me getting a stud CB is paying off big time (he has a 7.2 average rating btw, very high for a defender)

Last edited by whomario : 11-23-2009 at 04:56 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:00 AM   #708
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

Drew our own reserves, which led me to calling up one of the youth players that I rather fancy now.

Then beat GH Academy, whoever they are, 2-1, despite their being favored.

Next up on the friendly list, League 2 side Barnet and we upset them 1-0.

The bitch part? 3 starters are lost to injury... 9-12 days for one, 4 weeks for another, 6-8 weeks for the third.

The good news is I picked up a striker on a free who should fill in okay I'm guessing and despite the fact that both starting MCs went down, I feel like we have depth enough to cover at least one, if not both those spots.

GH Academy is, I believe, Glenn Hoddle Academy. Supposedly a place where EPL/Championship-level players who have been released can go as a way to get back in the game.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #709
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Ooh, quite the saucy choice there.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #710
whomario
Pro Starter

Serie B is intense man, 20 games in and iīm 7th. Now grasp this : Iīm 3 points behind No1 and 3 points up on No14
Old 11-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #711
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i might start a Serie C game one of these days. if i can pick a team i'm interested in. i poked at the list of teams, but i'm not sure...

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-23-2009 at 12:13 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #712
whomario
Pro Starter

Does it matter ? I mean, itīs not like one would know anyone there

Just take the one with the best youth setup maybe or with a food Parent club that will sen young talent your way on loans ? As far as i can tell serie C (and even serie b) is so much loan deals that itīs hard to even build a team or get an identity.
I mean, i hate having players on loan but still game in and game out iīm starting 4-5 loan players.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #713
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

Just take the one with the best youth setup maybe or with a food Parent club that will sen young talent your way on loans ? As far as i can tell serie C (and even serie b) is so much loan deals that itīs hard to even build a team or get an identity.
I mean, i hate having players on loan but still game in and game out iīm starting 4-5 loan players.

Wel, it's a bit more than that. I have 3 loan players starting on my Aldershot team (currently 1st place with 15 games left in the season). While the loan players provide that extra bump in play, the reason I'm in 1st instead of 6-10th like the previous season is my big acquisitions. I've landed two midfielders with Coca-Cola league talent along with a strong defender also who has Coca-Cola talent. All three are 20 years old and 4 star players. Toss in a 17 year old defender who's playing like an all-league veteran defender and that's the reason my team is contending for outright promotion.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #714
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

well yeah but i want a compelling storyline so i can do a dynasty for it
Old 11-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #715
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i might start a Serie C game one of these days. if i can pick a team i'm interested in. i poked at the list of teams, but i'm not sure...

It is a shame that Castel Di Sangro is no longer in C2 or higher in Italian Football... That always made for a fun game after reading that book....
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #716
whomario
Pro Starter

@ Mizzou : Thatīs England though, Italy is a totally different beast. Italy has no reserve leagues like England which is why the Serie A teams loan out players at a very high rate (and serie b teams loan down as well), resulting in even some serie B clubs having 8-12 loan players among their first 18.
Not the route iīm going definitely but for the first season a couple loans were allready in place and i added a couple more just thinking about staying competitive.
Just now i gave myself a pat on the back getting a striker for 20K straight from a Serie C2 team that punched in 2 late goals in as many games after being subbed in both games

I am trying to line up a good shortlist right now, but i have to wait what budget i get next year as most of it is tied up allready...
Can maybe sign one player on a pre contract, trying to figure out which one as i type.

@ DT : Yeah, i get that. But canīt offer any assistance with that unfortunately.

Last edited by whomario : 11-23-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #717
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah.

i still remember my last serie C2 game...i had some team with only one good player, a DR - but he was a stud at all phases of the game so i tried (unsuccessfully given the past match engine) to get him to be more involved in transition and offense...i had arrows going fucking everywhere.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #718
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i might do San Marino Calcio - the only professional team in San Marino and the only team from outside Italy that plays in Italian football (Pro Seconda B).
Old 11-23-2009, 03:31 PM   #719
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If you can find an Italy file that goes down to the level.. Castel di Sangro (a town of 6,100 who had a team in Serie B in 1998.. the team went through bankruptcy, and reincarnated itself.. they are now one step away from Serie D (you did read the Miracle of Castel di Sangro right?)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 11-23-2009 at 03:31 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #720
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yes yes yes. if i can find an italy file that goes down that far. for now...san marino though i think. could make a good dynasty

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-23-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:02 PM   #721
Axxon
Pro Starter

Spanish B division is one of the hardest divisions in the game or it used to be. Four sub divisions of twenty teams with only four promotions for all of them and winning the division doesn't matter. The top four teams from each division are thrown into a playoff for the four spots. Heck, it's so competitive I got fired there for being in sixth place before half the season was over. Still, it was a great time and made for a wonderful story and I keep waiting for an experience like it to start another story. I've been thinking about it but alas Ourense no longer is in a playable league.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #722
Flasch186
Coordinator

boy am I bored and uninterested in my SPL team...

i did just get pee'd all over though.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-23-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #723
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Wasn't sure where to post this. Does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of WWSM 06 or 07 for the 360?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #724
SackAttack
Head Coach

Football Manager 2007 (Xbox 360): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

They didn't ever release it stateside, so it's actually Football Manager 2007, but there you go.

Don't know if they'll ship to the US.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #725
SackAttack
Head Coach

They didn't ever release it stateside, so it's actually Football Manager 2007, but there you go.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #726
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

You can say that again.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #727
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

After winning the league five years in a row (with two CLs - Barca won the other three years so in the last seven years on the game between real life and not there have only been two winners) with Man Utd getting used to the new game I decided to start a new career. Although Castel di Sangro is not on the game without some editing Hellas Verona is and I liked A Season With Verona by Tim Parks about as much as I did The Miracle of Castel di Sangro. Verona are in Serie C1/b now, they won a Serie A title in the 80s, were up there fairly recently, and get higher attendances than most teams at that level so that should be a fun one, I'm only in October of the first year now. One nice thing about being a lower team is that it's easier to find players that can actually improve the team without spending tens of millions, scouting becomes more fun and more important.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #728
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
After winning the league five years in a row (with two CLs - Barca won the other three years so in the last seven years on the game between real life and not there have only been two winners) with Man Utd getting used to the new game I decided to start a new career. Although Castel di Sangro is not on the game without some editing Hellas Verona is and I liked A Season With Verona by Tim Parks about as much as I did The Miracle of Castel di Sangro. Verona are in Serie C1/b now, they won a Serie A title in the 80s, were up there fairly recently, and get higher attendances than most teams at that level so that should be a fun one, I'm only in October of the first year now. One nice thing about being a lower team is that it's easier to find players that can actually improve the team without spending tens of millions, scouting becomes more fun and more important.

are you doing it lower league manager style?

i'm going to be posting the first installment of my san marino dynasty (LLM-style) tonight - check that out, although there'll likely be a degree of player-tipping to you since you're in Italy - although I'm below you.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #729
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
are you doing it lower league manager style?

i'm going to be posting the first installment of my san marino dynasty (LLM-style) tonight - check that out, although there'll likely be a degree of player-tipping to you since you're in Italy - although I'm below you.

Looking at the LLM forum to see what their rules are I see that Verona are too big to qualify as LLM and I also use the player search screen, though most of my signings were recommended by scouts first. I managed to find an assistant manager with 20/20 for judge ability/judge potential which is pretty awesome so I have him double-check anyone my crappy scouts (8-11 in JA/JP) think looks good. I won't be downloading any tactics and training regimes or visiting good players guide at least.

I'll check out the dynasty thread later on.

Last edited by Big Fo : 11-24-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #730
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

my scouts blow chunks. they're all 10/10 in JA/JP. so i bet a lot of these guys that they like are actually going to suck. i should probably depend more on stats than their ratings.

I suppose Verona are slightly too big - although there's nothing saying you absolutely 100% have to play within all of their definition of the rules. Shit - a lot of them are so hardcore that they won't even play any game with a big club ever...i ask myself - where's the fun in that? That's like playing madden but only playing on coach-mode or something.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-24-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:49 PM   #731
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

Good thinking, appreciate the help, but you're right, they won't ship to the US.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #732
whomario
Pro Starter

@ DT and Big Fo : Looking forward to your careers As fas as LLM rules go : Screw them, just make your own rules.

Definitely have to say that only using scouts to find players or take pointers from your assistants rather than using the search engine is fun though.
Even when they arenīt spot on, the difference between a 10/10 guy and a 15/15 guy IMO isnīt all that great, also when i remember some discussion on this topic on the SI forums.
Plus itīs realistic that you get it wrong at times.

Yeah, iīm one to talk starting at serie b and thinking of that as starting low ...

But it works for me and with my rules thereīs no way iīm contending for a spot in the Europacup any earlier than 5-7 years in.
Iīm figuring promotion maybe next season or the one afterwards (if that, 4 of my 5 best players are on loan or on the decline) , this year iīm happy with a mid table finish (and iīm now 9th and 6 points behind the 6th spot).

EDIT : Oh great, now my only double digit goalscorer (12 in 27 games) goes out for likely the rest of the season ... And even after 31 games i havenīt been able to figure out how to get my best player involved consistently. Looks to be one of the 10 best players in the league definitely, 21 year old belgian attacking midfielder. 29 games, 5 goals and 5 assists with a 6.92 average rating. Not terrible, but not for the clear best player ...

EDIT 2 : This league is strange : 2 points in 3 matches and i go up from 9th to 7th ...

Last edited by whomario : 11-24-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #733
Izulde
Head Coach

Fucking poor run of form sees us drop to 17th at one point in BSS, but then we kick back for a 3-2 comebacker over Chelmsford after being down 2-0 with 60 minutes of time played... sad part is, I cranked up match speed to max and didn't watch in TV highlight... just snorted when the first goal went in, blinked when the second went in and HOLY SHIT! when the third went in.

So we're sitting 16th through 16 or 17 games or something like that.

Last edited by Izulde : 11-24-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #734
aran
High School Varsity

Anyone played deep into a career yet? I'm interested in how viable it is to just keep one save around and play different managers or see one manager through many years of play at different clubs. Does the game slow to a crawl in later years? Does the AI and player replenishment work well enough to allow the game to keep some degree of realism after many years pass?
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #735
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Serie C1/B is clearly unable to cope with the skill of my two strikers, both full internationals which is rare for this league (though they are from San Marino and Malta). The San Marino guy has 15 goals in 11 league games, set a record for fastest goal at 24 seconds before breaking it again just now with a goal at 18 seconds on his way to a hat-trick by the 14th minute. He clearly likes my strategy of skipping the pregame team talk. His Maltese buddy has 7 in 7 and my guys are undefeated a third of the way through the season (7 wins, 4 draws). If we achieve promotion I'll have a lot to worry about, more than half of the starting XI is 30 or older including my star Sammarinese striker who is 33. I shouldn't get too far ahead myself dreaming of Serie B yet, we're only four points clear with a lot of games left.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #736
kingfc22
Head Coach

Started my first year as Cisco Roma in Serie C2/C. I started out with a basic 4-4-2 in the Serie C Cup and couldn't manage anything but losses.

My scout recommended Toti from Spain and I switched up my formation to a 4-1-2-2-1. We won our first 7 games in league and finished 22-8-4 for 74 points and a league championship.

Now we are about to start the new year in Serie C1/A...
Old 11-24-2009, 09:05 PM   #737
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Started my first year as Cisco Roma in Serie C2/C. I started out with a basic 4-4-2 in the Serie C Cup and couldn't manage anything but losses.

My scout recommended Toti from Spain and I switched up my formation to a 4-1-2-2-1. We won our first 7 games in league and finished 22-8-4 for 74 points and a league championship.

Now we are about to start the new year in Serie C1/A...

sounds good!!

sometimes i wonder if i shouldn't do a dynasty, which forces me to play so much slower...
Old 11-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #738
SackAttack
Head Coach

Nwankwo Kanu had his staff attributes pop up after he announced that he'd be retiring from my roster in 2012, and he looked like he'd be a pretty fair coach and a pretty meh scout.

Oddly, scouting is all he was interested in, so I gave him a $30k/yr contract in the hopes that eventually he'll want to try his hand at scouting.

Is that likely to happen at all?
Old 11-25-2009, 01:08 AM   #739
MrBug708
Head Coach

Never have seen it happen, but you never know
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:16 AM   #740
MrBug708
Head Coach

My team had some of the players POed because we were underachieving. Asked my team captain to talk to the lads and he did and they've united together to try and make this season a success and got rid of all my unhappy players comments
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:54 AM   #741
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Nwankwo Kanu had his staff attributes pop up after he announced that he'd be retiring from my roster in 2012, and he looked like he'd be a pretty fair coach and a pretty meh scout.

Oddly, scouting is all he was interested in, so I gave him a $30k/yr contract in the hopes that eventually he'll want to try his hand at scouting.

Is that likely to happen at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Never have seen it happen, but you never know

I meant eventually at coaching.

He took the scouting gig. We'll see if he wants to coach someday.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:08 AM   #742
Blade6119
Coordinator

The only way I have seen it, is if in their job preferences they have any interest in that job. Did you try telling him to become a coach before he retires?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #743
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I am building a new system with a quad-core i7-860 and 4GB of RAM tonight. I haven't bought FM 2010 yet, but I am looking forward to running a pretty decent number of leagues on that setup. I am very excited, as I was holding off my purchase until I got the parts for the new machine. Yesssssss.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #744
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. My copy arrives today, I believe. Muah.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #745
BigDPW
College Prospect

Why did they remove the ability to use a mouse button for back and forward functionality??? For the life of me I cannot get my mouse to work for that stuff... This worked a couple years ago with FM...

If there is a way to get this to work would someone please let me know. I love the GUI but hate having to click for everything particularly the back button!!!

BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:14 AM   #746
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I am building a new system with a quad-core i7-860 and 4GB of RAM tonight.

Sounds like GF material.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #747
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I am building a new system with a quad-core i7-860 and 4GB of RAM tonight. I haven't bought FM 2010 yet, but I am looking forward to running a pretty decent number of leagues on that setup. I am very excited, as I was holding off my purchase until I got the parts for the new machine. Yesssssss.

That is exactly the setup i have since 2 weeks ago, and coming from an AMD old dual processor, the things flies now with the extra RAM and the 4 cores/8 threads.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #748
whomario
Pro Starter

does anyone remember wethere or not you had to restart for the Patches last year ?

Finding a few bugging problems that seem to be fixed in the next update. Donīt want to get more invested in my save game knowing iīll have to restart to get rid of the annoyances anyway
Old 11-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #749
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
does anyone remember wethere or not you had to restart for the Patches last year ?

Finding a few bugging problems that seem to be fixed in the next update. Donīt want to get more invested in my save game knowing iīll have to restart to get rid of the annoyances anyway

typically not for the bugfixes no
Old 11-26-2009, 11:26 PM   #750
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Some of the text in a news item about Modena sacking their manager that I saw for the first time made me chuckle.

"Modena will now be looking for a new manager. With CVs flowing in from would-be managers from across the country, Verona manager (me) will be the most likely candidate for the job. Presumably once the Modena board have got rid of the usual 'Football Manager' applications, they can proceed with the view towards appointing someone with real-life experience."

Modena haven't offered me the job yet and if they were to offer me the job I'd probably reject it. After posting about my great start with Verona earlier the strikers went on a dry spell and the whole team in general started playing like crap for an 8-10 game stretch in the middle of the season. Now they're playing better again, we're even on points at the top with three games to play but we'll lose any tiebreaker since it's head to head in Serie C1 and the team drew and lost to Reggiana. If we finish second anything could happen in the playoffs, there's a good chance we'd get knocked out and I'd have to go through another season of Serie C1 with all my thirtysomethings another year older. Modena are near the bottom of Serie B but should stay up. However, they have worse facilities than Verona and a lower average attendance in Serie B than Verona have in Serie C1. So in the long term Verona has more potential. But if I try to really put myself in the game and be realistic, I would seriously consider moving in real life if another club offered to significantly increase my wages and put me one step closer to the big time. So there are a lot of things to consider if Modena do wind up offering me the job.

later edit: Modena hired someone else but we won two straight and Reggiana slumped at the end with a loss and a draw so Verona will be in Serie B next season. I wonder how much that wage budget will go up, there are a bunch of good Bosmans out there.

Last edited by Big Fo : 11-27-2009 at 12:24 AM.