Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-12-2005, 05:24 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FM 05: Manchester United - What can we do for an encore?

Greetings to everyone reading this. This is the electronic journal of Christopher Engles.

I'm a 43 year old manager who is considered one of the greatest managers ever. I started out my first season of managing professional football at Harrogate Town in the English Conference North back when I was 29. During my first season, I didn't know if I was going to make it through to a second. We had some rocky games in that first season. Fortunately, I showed enough improvement in the 2nd half of the season, that they gave me a chance to come back for another season. You can read about my first season as manager in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=32963

In my second season as manager, I really developed a system and brought in some good talent. Thanks to their play, I managed to help Harrogate win promotion from the English Conference North. You can read about that season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=33340

In my third season, we continued to gather talent and we continued to win. We won the English Conference National Title and were promoted to League Two. You can read about that season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=33908

In my fourth season, after some early struggles, the team adapted to League Two play and we went on a tear in the second half of the season. Thanks to our hot play, we won the English League Two Title and were promoted to League One. You can read about that season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=34430

In my fifth season, I had to make a very hard decision. The team was struggling in League One as the board had continued to refuse to expand the stadium over the years. We were losing money. We didn't have the money to keep our top players. We were floundering. My status was very high and I was being offered several high profile jobs because of what I had done with Harrogate. I made the hard decision to leave Harrogate in midseason and I moved to Wigan. I suddenly had massive amounts of money. I sent some of it to Harrogate Town for a few of my favorite players. You can read about my fifth season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=35300

In my sixth season, I managed to bring in some potent talent to Wigan via Bosman signings. Thanks to that talent, we won the English Championship with a 99 point season in which we had 30 wins, 9 draws, and 7 losses. I was glad to see that my new system worked nicely at this higher talent level. You can read about my sixth season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=36645

Then, in my seventh season, I knew that Wigan would have a hard time staying in the EPL and I also knew that Manchester United had a coaching vacancy. It took well over a month, but just before league play started Manchester United approached me and offered me the manager's job. I felt bad leaving Wigan after only a year and a half, but this was the golden ring I had been trying to reach. I quickly took the job. I had moderate to good success in my seventh season as I brought in a few very talented players, including wonderkids Adriano and Craig King. We also brought in the very talented Stewart Downing at left wing. As a result, we improved from the previous finish of 5th place to a 2nd place team. You can read about the seventh season here:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=36968

In my eighth season, we enjoyed great success. We had an early battle with Chelsea for the EPL lead. Eventually, our offense really started popping. Wayne Rooney had his best season ever as a Red Devil. Our defense came together. We won the EPL Title. We also won the English Cup Title. However, we fell short of the quadruple and lost in the final of the Champions League and the English FA Cup. Those were both disappointing losses. A developing story all year long was Wayne Rooney's dissatisfaction that I would not let him go to Milan or another "more prestigious club" that made huge offers for him. You can read about the eighth season here:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=37396

In my ninth season, the big question going in was if I would be able to sign Wayne Rooney or if I would have to sell him. Fortunately, just before I was about to sell him, I managed to sign Rooney to a new deal. Behind the dynamic duo of Wayne Rooney and Adriano at striker, along with a solid defense we finished 1st in the EPL for a second straight year. Perhaps, more importantly, we won the Champions League for my first time as a manager.

Read all about the 9th season here:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=37735

In my 10th season, things had settled down. We had Rooney under a long term contract and our offense looked set. However, our defense had questions as Lucio and Rio Ferdinand were aging. Also, Wes Brown was aging and losing his skills. Would these guys be able to hold on for one more season? Would my replacements such as Salva, Marchetti, and Cahais step up? I gradually started the phasing out of Lucio and Ferdinand but they both played in some key games. However, Salva and Marchetti generally did well and proved they can play on this level. Also, we had an explosive offense led by Wayne Rooney who had his best year ever for me with 36 goals and 14 assists in 36 starts. I also saw the surprising developing of Antonio Ortega and Carlos Godoy. We did well and we won the EPL Title for the third straight year. However, we faltered in the quarterfinals of the Champions League and we only pulled off a double. We want.. no we need to build on that success and do better next season. Oh yeah, I helped guide England to one their best World Cup Finishes in a long time. There was a suprising villian that ended our run.

You can read about my 10th season here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ead.php?t=38819

My 11th season was the season that finally saw me drop Rio Ferdinand from the active playing list. Also, we saw Lucio, Cristian Chivu, Wes Brown, and Zdenek Grygera all get phased out of the playing rotation. Newcomer Mark van den Boogaart had one of the best years I've ever seen out of a right back. However, I knew that he was only a stop gap for 2-3 years and I was actively searching for a young right back all year long. Unfortunately, I never found one worth signing. I relied on Wayne Rooney and Adriano more than ever in part due to injuries to Craig King and James McFadden, and also because James McFadden is slowly starting to lose his abilities. We faltered towards the end of the season and had a disappointing 2nd place finish in the EPL. That loss cost us our first triple. Read about our 11th season here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ead.php?t=39668

In my 12th season, we started out with some early losses, but we rebounded and had a strong second half of the season. As a result, we won the EPL Title and also won the Champions League. However, the English League Title continues to evade my grasp. We relied heavily on Wayne Rooney yet again. We also had a great if injury riddled season from Adriano our young striker. Salva played well when he wasn't hurt. Barry Parker who I never expected to be great has become a great midfielder. You can read about the 12th season here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ead.php?t=40184

In my 13th season, we started off strong and stayed strong all year long. We had a powerful offense led by Wayne Rooney and Adriano, but they were given a great deal of support from the other players. We had three midfielders with 10 goals each, Barry Parker, Michael Heller, and Carlos Godoy. Wayne Rooney had arguably his best season ever with 34 goals and 15 assists in 40 starts. Adriano also had a great year with 25 goals and 13 assists in 35 starts. He continues to show improvement every year. The defense was solidified by the acquisition of speedy Adriano Trotta and the talented Vincent Kompany. The defense is now skilled and deep. With this talented team, we won the EPL and we also won the Champions League. However, the treble and the quadruple continue to elude us.

Read about our 13th season here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ead.php?t=40839

During our 14th season, I never ended up switching to the 3-5-2 after all. It is probably a good thing as we had a historic season. For the first time in my career, we broke the 100 point mark. Also, we won a historic quadruple as we won the EPL Title, The English League Cup, The English FA Cup, and the Champions League. Wayne Rooney had his best season yet, despite starting to lose some of his pace. Alberto Flores started getting more PT at the age of 18 with our main squad. However, it was not all great news, as I was fired from being the manager of England after losing to Italy in an epic shootout in the Quarter Finals of the World Cup. Read about our 14th season here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...ad.php?t=41636

Now, I start my 15th season. Will Rooney be able to come even close to duplicating his magical year last year, or will he finally show significant decline? Will Alberto Flores develop further and become a regular in the lineup? Will Adriano continue to show improvement? What can we do for an encore after such a great season? Will I take another National job? All of these questions should be answered as we proceed.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 05:27 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We had about 8 players graduate our youth academy and join our system. In particular, we have an 18 year old winger/attacking midfielder with BLAZING speed. If he ever develops his skills, he could become a very valuable player. David Morgan, we will have our eye on you.

We've been given 24.5 million dollars for EPL TV Rights for the upcoming season.

We will play West Ham in the English Community Shield on August 5th.

The board is very pleased to announce that dividends totalling 42 million dollars will be paid to Shareholders.

We have signed a new 6 year sponsorship deal worth 9.6 million dollars per year.

The board has announced that I will have a transfer budget of 67 million dollars in the upcoming season. They expect me to use that money to aid in us winning the EPL again.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:41 PM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 9, 2018 -

We've signed 16 year old Jurgen Meyer from Barcelona for 1.1 million dollars. The 16 year old striker is very talented, and I hope he can duplicate Flores' feats of dominating in the U18 league..

July 10, 2018 -

Wayne Rooney won the World Cup Golden Boot with 6 goals. Jens Seifert of Germany came in 2nd, and Tomi Petrescu of Finland came in 3rd.

The World Cup Dream Team was announced:

GK: Paolo D'Agostino - Italy
DL: Julian Arboleda - Colombia
DC: Roberto - Spain
DC: Carlos Andres Hernandez - Colombia
DR: Boogaart - Holland (and Manchester United)
ML: Javier Araujo - Colombia
MC: Barry Parker - England
MC: Manu - Spain
MR: Matthew Harvey - England
SC: Wayne Rooney - England
SC: Craig King - England

S1: Maarten Stekelenburg - Holland
S2: Chris Miller - England
s3: Freddy Guarin - Colombia
S4: Miguel Benjamin Ramos - Colombia
S5: Ignacio - Spain

Wayne Rooney was selected as the World Cup's Best Player. Craig King came in 2nd, and Manu of Spain came in 3rd.

Italy's Paolo D'Agostino was selected as the World Cup's Best Keeper. Maarten Stekelenburg of Holland came in 2nd, and Libis Andres Arenas of Colombia came in 3rd.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:54 PM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 11, 2018 -

Real Madrid have paid 84 million dollars to Liverpool for Mike Jongerius! Mike is a very skilled 27 year old Dutch left winger/midfielder who has phenomenal speed. I'm glad to see him leave the EPL, but wonder who Liverpool will bring in..

July 12, 2018 -

West Brom has hired Steve Coppell to be their new manager.

Today we play Martitimo a decent Portuguese team in a friendly match.

It's sunny and in the 80's.

GK: Adriano
DL: Cardozo
DC: Kompany
DC: Petit
DR: Miller
ML: Downing
MC: Godoy
MC: Oswald
MR: Ortega
SC: Wright
SC: King

S1: Dani (our new backup keeper - well not new, he has been with our reserves for years.)

S2: Barbosa
S3: Pinna
S4: Adriano
S5: Schmidt
S6: Parker
S7: Schruers
S8: Trotta
S9: Boogaart
S10: Flores
S11: Cahais
S12: Heller
Old 11-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: King gets a yellow card for pushing Dias.

13 minute mark: Cardozo steals the ball deep in our zone.. passes it to Wright at midpitch.. he turns.. fires a pass to King's feet.. King beats a lone defender.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

21 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders.. he still has some moves.. he centers it to King.. King shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

41 minute mark: Miguel with a hard tackle on Wright.. Wright is limping.. Miguel gets a yellow card.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us.

I bring 5 subs on including Pinna at LW, and Flores and Adriano at the striker positions.

64 minute mark: Oliveira with a long pass to Martins in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Adriano dives.. it's past him. GOAL. 2-1.

86 minute mark: Parker steals the ball.. passes it to Flores outside the box.. Flores with a crossover dribble blows by a defender.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1.

Game over. 3-1 win.

We outshot them 15-10 (8-5 on target)

Ortega wins MoM, 9 for form, 16 of 23 passes, 2 key passes, 3 of 7 tackles, 1 of 1 headers, 6 interceptions, 14 runs, 1 foul drawn.

King had an 8 for form. Everyone else had 7's.

Flores, 45 minutes, 7 for form, 5 of 5 passes, 0 of 3 headers, 1 run, 1 goal.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:33 PM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 14, 2018 -

Newcastle wants to buy Flores. About 10 other teams have also approached me. I tell them all, "He is not for sale at any price. Stop trying to unsettle him."

Chelsea has sent 20 million dollars to Barcelona for Thomas Block. Thomas is a 24 year old German midfielder who is highly skilled. He isn't very good defensively, but offensively my scouts rank him very highly. I think Chelsea found themselves a bargain.

England has appointed Tony Colbert as their new manager.. the bastards.

Arsenal has spent 5.4 million to sign Aleksandar Djuric from Everton. Djuric is a physically intimidating 29 year old centreback who has excellent speed.

Arsenal has signed Alain Girard from Everton for 11 million dollars. Girard is a 25 year old attacking midfielder/right winger who is very fast, but has just average skills.

Joop Hiele has been hired as the new manager of Holland.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:49 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 16, 2018 -

Today we play Vitoria Futebol Clube in our 2nd of 4 friendly matches (before the Community Shield Match.) They are a good Portguese team.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 80's.

DL: Trotta
DC: Cardozo
DC: Salva
DR: Schmidt
ML: Barbosa
MC: Heller
SC: Rooney
SC: Wright

S1: Dani
S2: Schreurs
S3: Parker
S4: Oswald
S5: Cahais
S6: Pinna
s7: Flores
S8: Miller
S9: Boogaart
S10: King
S11: Petit
S12: Kompany
Old 11-12-2005, 11:05 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

9 minute mark: Trotta passes it to Wright.. he drops it off for Rooney on his left.. he has a shot.. instead he passes it to Barbosa.. Barbosa shoots.. over the bar.

26 minute mark: Barbosa passes it to Wright.. he heads it to Rooney's feet.. Rooney shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. saves it.

35 minute mark: Barbosa grabs at his left leg.. he has to be helped off the pitch. I put Pinna on for him.

35 minute mark: Pinna dribbles down the left side.. long cross to Ortega.. he dribbles between two defenders into the box.. the keeper charges out.. Ortega chips it.. over the keeper.. just under the bar! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

42 minute mark: Ortega is tripped just outside the box.. Rooney takes the free kick.. shoots.. over the wall.. over the bar.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us.

I put on most of my second team including Flores and King at striker.

49 minute mark: Pinna dribbles down the left sideline.. past two defenders.. crosses it to the near post.. Flores knocks it down.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

81 minute mark: Boogaart passes it very long to Flores in the box.. he heads it to King's feet.. he shoots from 15 yards out.. excellent save by their keeper.

Game over. 1-0 win for us.

We outshot them 14-6 (10-0 on target)

Ortega had a 10 for form and won MoM, 29 of 33 passes, 4 key passes, 3 of 5 tackles, 0 of 3 headers, 2 interceptions, 12 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 goal.

Pinna had an 8. everyone else had a 7.

Flores, 45 minutes, 7 for form, 6 of 8 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 1 of 7 headers, 1 run, 1 foul drawn.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:23 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 17, 2018 -

France has appointed Sidney Govou as their new national coach.

Argentina has announced Victor Munoz is their new coach.

Juri Schlunz has been appointed the new manager of Germany.

July 19, 2018 -

Chelsea have spent 19 million dollars to sign right winger Matthew Harvey from Coventry. Harvey played well for me in the World Cup and I think Chelsea made a smart signing.

Juventus has expressed their interest in acquiring Carlos Godoy to the media. Godoy's agent has reportedly told the media that Godoy would like to make that move..

I told the media, "Godoy is a valued member of our team, and he will not be sold anywhere."

We've completed the signing of 16 year old Italian keeper, Alessandro Di Matteo from Castellettese for 120,000 dollars. This kid is very talented for his age, and I think this was well worth it to our youth system.

July 21, 2018 -

Carlos Godoy has told skysports web site that he would be interested in talking to Juventus, but that it would take a big offer to lure him away from Old Trafford.

Freddy Adu has signed a new 3 year 30 million dollar deal with Chelsea.

It was announced today that we will play Liverpool in the European Super Cup on Aug 24.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:37 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 23, 2018 -

Spain has named Gonzalo Abando as their new manager.

Liverpool has offered 20 million for Flores. I turn down the offer.

July 25, 2018 -

NO! NO! NO! Alberto Flores has come into my office and told me that he doesn't want to remain with the team and he is upset we rejected Liverpool's offer for him.

I decide to talk to Flores about a large pay raise and an extension.

He is currently making 9,000/week on a deal that expires at the end of this season.

His agent is asking for a 3 year extension with a 1.5 million dollar signing bonus and 51,000/week salary. I agree to their request.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:39 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 25, 2018 -

Today we play a friendly match with Port Vale. Port Vale is in League Two and this should be an easy team to dominate if our guys try..

It's cloudy with temperatures in the 70's.

GK: Dani
DL: Schmidt
DR: Boogaart
SC: Adriano

S1: Adriano
S2: Barbosa
S3: Parker
S4: Wright
S5: Trotta
S6: Oswald
S7: Flores
s8: Miller
S9: Pinna
S10: King
S11: Petit
S12: Schreurs
Old 11-12-2005, 11:56 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Downing with a corner.. Adriano heads it.. GO.. it's disallowed. Adriano pushed the defender.

9 minute mark: Rooney has a breakaway.. he is caught from behind by Craig Tomlinson.

21 minute mark: Cardozo with a long pass.. 50 yards down the pitch Rooney latches onto it... dribbles past the only defender that is back.. shoots from 16 yards out.. upper left corner... GOAL!!! 1-0.

25 minute mark: Boogaart with a long 40 yard pass down the pitch.. to the box.. Godoy is the first man there.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

30 minute mark: Morgan catches Rooney from behind to stop his breakaway..

32 minute mark: Morgan again catches Rooney from behind to stop a breakaway..

34 minute mark: Godoy passes it to Heller deep in the box.. he knocks the ball down.. turns.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

42 minute mark: Heller gets a yellow card for arguing an offside call against Rooney.

Halftime: 3-0 lead.

47 minute mark: Trotta passes it to Downing.. Downing plays a really nice through ball into the box.. Adriano beats everyone to it.. fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

56 minute mark: Dani makes a pair of nice saves.

58 minute mark: I bring on most of the bench.

70 minute mark: Parker passes it to the left corner of the pitch.. Flores catches it just before it crosses the endline.. passes it back to Pinna.. he crosses it for the far post.. Schreurs heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!! 5-0.

Game over. 5-0 win.

We outshot them 16-2 (8-2 on target)

Rooney wins MoM, 9 for form, 13 of 17 passes, 1 key pass, 0 of 1 tackles, 2 of 3 headers, 1 interception, 7 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 goal.

All of my starters had 8's for form.

Flores, 32 minutes played, 7 for form, 6 of 7 passes, 0 tackles, 0 of 3 headers, 1 run, 1 foul drawn.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:16 AM   #13
oykib
College Starter

It's kind of disturbing to keep seeing Rooney get caught from behind on breakaways.

That happened once or twice at the end of last season as well...

Looking forward to seeing more from Flores.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 11:15 AM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib
It's kind of disturbing to keep seeing Rooney get caught from behind on breakaways.

That happened once or twice at the end of last season as well...

Looking forward to seeing more from Flores.

I'm worried about Rooney as well. My coaches note that his pace in practice is becoming slower..

I hope Flores' few weaknesses don't stop him from becoming great
Old 11-14-2005, 12:21 AM   #15
Galaxy
Coordinator

Let's go United!

I'm having a blast with my first season at Azzuru, in the Swiss League. Unbeaten through eight games at the top of the standings, I'm suprising everyone.

Infused a pair of young studs, China's playmaker Zhou Habin and Liberia's striker Dunlee Johnson (who is out four months), and a crop of 16-to-17-year-old years who will be the future....Habin is a STUD....This game is amazing.

I plan on retooling the team over the next two years with young, faster talent. Hopefully it will work.

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-14-2005 at 12:24 AM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:23 AM   #16
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

You playing FM 05 or FM 06 Galaxy? (GRRRR...)
Old 11-14-2005, 12:23 AM   #17
Galaxy
Coordinator

'05...I'm gonna pass up '06. I feel like Theo Epstein, .

I agreed to sell my five-star rated keeper for around $3 million (through an upfront fee as well as payment plan over 24 months, as well as apperance fees once he reaches them), and have a 20-year prospect from FC Bayern Muchien to take over this year (who should be just as good), but the risk-reward ratio is exciting. Next off-season, we will have to shop hard for a younger star in the net (our to-be-sold keeper is 26 going on 27).

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-14-2005 at 12:28 AM.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:55 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 26, 2018 -

I've been informed that I have 11 regular players with contracts expiring in the next year.

They are Boogaart, Barbosa, Cardozo, Oswald, Miller, Downing, Schreurs, Cahais, Schmidt, Kompany, and Flores.

I've already offered Flores a new deal.

Boogaart is 32, but is still playing very well. He is currently making 83,000/week and wants the same to sign a 1 year extension. He also wants a million dollar signing bonus. I decide to offer him this.

Barbosa is 31 and is still talented. He currently makes 120k/week. He is willing to drop down to 110k/year with a 1.8 million dollars signing bonus for a 2 year extension. I agree to his request.

Cardozo is 27 and is in the prime of his career. He currently makes 130k/week and wants 130k/week plus 2 million to sign a new 4 year deal. I agree to his request.

Oswald currently makes 46,000k/week. He wants 72k/week plus 2 million to sign, plus a promise of a key role in the offense to sign a 3 year deal. I offer him the money, but only promise that he will be used more often, but not as a key player every game.

Miller is 21 and is already a great right back. He currently makes 44k/week and is willing to sign a new 4 year deal at 44k/week with a 1 million dollars signing bonus! I feel like I'm getting a steal and gladly offer him this.

Downing is 34 and his skills are starting to slip. It's a hard decision on whether to re-sign him. I decide I'll wait to see how he does over a few months..

Schreurs is 30 and still playing at a very high level. He currently makes 120k/week and wants 2.4 million plus the same salary to sign a 2 year extension. I agree.

Cahais is currently making 28k/week as a backup. I offer him 28k/week plus 300k to sign a 1 year extension.

Schmidt is currently making 49k/week and wants 500k plus 49k/week to sign a new 4 year deal. I agree to his request.

Kompany is 32, but he is still playing at a high level. He currently makes 160k/week. He wants a new deal for 160k/week plus 1.5 million and a 3 year deal. I amend it to a 2 year deal to see if he will accept.

Of my reserves, Antonio Blanco and Mark Hall are potential future stars.

I call Blanco's agent and he informs me that they want a raise from 1,500/week to 3,000/week plus 130k signing bonus for a 2 year extension. I agree to the request.

Hall is much more greedy. Mark Hall is currently making 1,250/week. He wants a raise to 13,500/week! I offer him 8,000/week with his requested 150k bonus.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:05 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 28, 2018 -

Cahais signed the new 2 year deal worth 2.6 million.

Miller signed a new 4 year 9 million dollar deal.

Schreurs signed the new 2 year 12.5 million dollar deal.

Boogaart signed the new 2 year 9 million dollar deal.

Barbosa signed the new 3 year deal worth 18 million.

Flores is still debating on signing his deal, and it is making me nervous..

Later on July 28, 2018 -

Valencia signed Sebastien Mendy from Arsenal for 34 million dollars. Mendy is a very taletned midfielder but his lack of speed hurts him at times. Overall, I think this was a good sale for Arsenal, assuming they use the money to bring in a talent.

Schmidt has signed a new 4 year deal worth 9 million dollars.

Cardozo has signed a new 4 year deal worth 26.5 million.

Kompany signed the new 2 year deal worth 16 million dollars.

Blanco signed his new deal.

Oswald signed a 3 year deal worth 12.5 million.

Mark Hall rejected our offer. The 19 year old is cocky. That might serve him well as a striker. I decide to up my offer to 11,500/week for a 3 year deal.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:08 PM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jul 28, 2018 -

Today we travel to play Germinal Beerschot. They are a decent Belgian team. This is our last friendly before the Community Shield.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 50's.

DC: Petit
DC: Boogaart
MC: Parker
SC: Flores

S2: Salva
S3: Oswald
S4: Downing
S5: Cardozo
S6: Godoy
S7: Wright
S8: Miller
S9: Pinna
S10: Adriano
S11: Kompany
S12: Schreurs
Old 11-14-2005, 10:34 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

9 minute mark: Barbosa dribbles down the left sideline.. centers it to Heller.. he shoots from 20 yards out.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

33 minute mark: Ortega dribbles down the pitch.. weaves past three defenders.. quick pass to King in the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0. Ortega made that goal happen.

Halftime: 2-0 lead. Flores has been just there the first half..

70 minute mark: I bring on several subs including Pinna.

76 minute mark: Adriano with a brilliant save on a cross and header.

86 minute mark: Mestdagh hits a free kick from 30 yards into the upper left corner for a goal. 2-1.

Game over. 2-1 win.

We outshot them 13-7 (7-5 on target)

Peter De Backer won MoM. Their backup keeper came on at the 75 minute mark and made 3 quick saves. Interesting decision.

Adriano (GK), Boogaart, Barbosa, Heller, and Flores all had 8's for form. The rest of the team had 7's.

Flores had a better 2nd half.

Flores, 8 for form, 17 of 17 passes, 0 key passes, 0 of 0 tackles, 5 of 10 headers, 4 runs, 2 fouls drawn.

Watching him play, it almost seems Flores is being too deferrential, and not shooting enough. I'll see if I can convince him to shoot more..
Old 11-14-2005, 11:09 PM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 29, 2018 -

Portugal has approached me and asked me to become their new national manager! I wasn't planning on managing in the national scene again so soon, but this should be quite the challenge.

I accept the job offer.

Alberto Flores turned down my contract offer. He wants a bigger salary, or so he says.

I offer Flores 55k/week, 2 million signing bonus for a new 3 year deal.

Milan has hired Tullio Gritti to be their new manager.

July 30, 2018 -

Portugal has told me that they expect me to help Portugal qualify for the upcoming European Football Championship. They expect strong performances throughout the qualification period.

I decide to offer my Manchester United AM, Antonio Alvarez, the Assistant Manger's job of Portugal.

July 31, 2018 -

Antonio Ortega injured his groin during training today and will miss 2-3 weeks

Mark Hall signed the contract I offered to him and is now signed through June 2021.

I've been made 6-4 favorites to win the EPL. Arsenal and Liverpool have 5-2 odds. Chelsea has 6-1 odds. Aston Villa has 16-1 odds, and West Ham has 20-1 odds.

The media asked me how I feel about being named the favorites to win the EPL.

I respond, "I feel good about it. If we work hard every match, there is no reason we can't win the title again this year."
Old 11-14-2005, 11:28 PM   #23
Galaxy
Coordinator

Portugal? They aren't too bad. Not a top-tier club, but they should have talent.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:36 PM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Portugal? They aren't too bad. Not a top-tier club, but they should have talent.

Yeah, right now, I don't see anyone of Rooney's or even King's calibre on the current roster, but they have some good players. Barbosa seems to be their top player at this point. Also, I'm concerned that they are an aging club, but I'll hopefully find some young talent to work onto the team.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:41 PM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 1, 2018 -

Newcastle have offered 3.6 million for Dani. I feel that Blanco is ready to play as my main second stringer, and I'm tempted to do this deal. I counter with a request for 4.6 million.

Antonio Alvarez has accepted my offer to become Assistant Manager of Portugal.

The board is thrilled with my performance as manager.

West Ham have signed right winger Christopher Eagles on a free transfer from Valencia.

We've signed Dario Tamburini from Real Madrid as a Bosman player. He should add even more depth to our crowded midfield..

Lazio has spent 20 million dollars to sign Marcos from Liverpool. Marcos is a talented 29 year old right back, but I think Liverpool extracted a good price for him.

Aug 4, 2018 -

Chelsea have paid Aston Villa 15 million dollars to sign 25 year old attacking midfielder/right winger Jose Ignacio Carreno. Carreno has top notch speed, great acceleration, great leaping ability, and he is a good dribbler. Fortunately, he isn't a great passer. Overall, a fair deal for both clubs I think.

Flores has rejected my contract offer! I'm offering more than what he is asking for, but he keeps saying he wants a better salary!

I decide to offer him 75k/week and 1.5 million signing bonus. All of my offers have been to be a rotation player (which is an honest assessment at this point.) Perhaps, I'll have to promise him regular starting time if he rejects this offer...

Newcastle have withdrawn their offer for Dani.

Roma have offered 19 million plus Andrea Aiello for Trotta. Aiello is a talented 26 year old centreback, but I quickly turn down the offer.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:51 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 5, 2018 -

Today we play West Ham in the English Community Shield. West Ham's star is clearly keeper Warren Norman. He shined for England in the last World Cup and he is a talented keeper hitting his prime. Robbin Kieft is stil a skilled striker and Aaron Lennon is a very good right winger. Ryn Francis is a good centreback. It will be interesting to see how often Christopher Eagles plays with Lennon being on the team.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 60's.

Ortega and Wood are out injured. Tamburini is probable with a chest injury.

DR: Miller
MR: Schreurs

S2: Boogaart
S4: Oswald
S5: King
S6: Tamburini
S7: Flores
Old 11-15-2005, 12:15 AM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Michael Ferreira tripped Godoy.. yellow card for Michael.

6 minute mark: Schruers crosses the ball to Parker.. he knocks it down.. shoots from 12 yards out.. Great block by the keeper.. Adriano hits the rebound right at goal... another brilliant save by Norman.

9 minute mark: Godoy steals the ball deep in our zone.. passes it to Rooney at midpitch.. Rooney dribbles.. is challenged by a defender.. passes it to Barbosa left of the box.. Barbosa holds it.. draws a defender.. passes to a racing Rooney.. Rooney shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

10 minute mark: Barbosa dribbles down the left side of the pitch.. finds Adriano with a sharp pass.. Adriano dribbles into the box.. shoots from 18 yards out.. lower left corner.. Norman dives.. it's past him! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

16 minute mark: Rooney gets the ball at midpitch.. dribbles past two defenders.. shoots from 25 yards out.. strong banana shot.. Norman saves it.

25 minute mark: Godoy intercepts a keeper kick.. passes it into the box.. Adriano has it.. shoots.. over the bar.

29 minute mark: Lennon dribbles into the edge of the box.. shoots from 19 yards out.. Adriano saves it.

31 minute mark: Kompany with a pair of key clearances.

32 minute mark: Barbosa dribbles down the left sideline.. passes it to Parker.. Parker passes to Rooney in the left half of the box.. Rooney turns.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

34 minute mark: Godoy with a two footed tackle on Kieft.. yellow card for Godoy.

37 minute mark: Cardozo gets a yellow card for a trip on Kieft.

Halftime: 3-0 lead for us. There are just under 90,000 fans here at Wembley.

I put Boogaart on for Cardozo.

46 minute mark: Lennon gets off a shot from 20 yards out.. Adriano saves it easily.

50 minute mark: Kieft slams into Miller.. very dirty play! Red card for Kieft! Miller has to be carried off the pitch. I hope the kid is ok!

I have no choice but to put Tamburini in at right back (not his preferred position as he is much more of a defensive midfielder.)

55 minute mark: Pass from Schmidt to Parker to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. great save by Norman to deny Rooney his hattricj.

64 minute mark: Flores on for Rooney, Oswald on for Godoy, and King on for Adriano.

85 minute mark: Tamburini steals the ball deep in our zone, dribbles up the right sideline.. passes it 30 yards up the pitch to King.. he knocks it down, turns, fakes out a defender.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

92 minute mark: Schmidt passes it long to Flores in the left half of the box.. he makes a nice pass to King by the right post.. King shoots.. brilliant save by Norman.

92 minute mark: Green slides hard into Barbosa.. Barbosa is hurt and has to be helped off the pitch. Parker pushes Green and gets a yellow card.

Game over. 4-0 win for us.

We outshot them 16-7 (11-3 on target)

Barbosa wins MoM, 9 for form, 20 of 26 passes, 4 key passes, 3 of 12 tackles, 8 of 10 headers, 1 interception, 6 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 2 assists.

Parker and Rooney also had 9's for form.

Adriano (GK), Schmidt, Schreurs, Adriano, and King had 8's for form.

Flores, 24 minutes, 7 for form, 6 of 7 passes, 1 key pass, 2 of 3 headers, 1 interception, 4 runs, 1 foul drawn.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:48 AM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We've won our 3rd consecutive English Community Shield!

Chris Miller suffered sprained knee ligaments. He will miss 3-4 weeks according to our physio.

Lazio have offered 22 million for Trotta. I turn down the offer.

Aug 8, 2018 -

Betis have offered 20 million dollars for Flores. I turn down the offer.

Aug 9, 2018 -

Flores has rejected my latest offer. I feel I have no choice. I have to promise him more regular starts (and make sure I deliver on the promise.)

I offer him first team action, 2 million signing and 75k/week for a 3 year deal.

Chelsea have offered 20 million for Flores. I turn down the offer.

Aug 11, 2018 -

Milan have offered 80 million dollars for Heller. I counter by asking for 120 million.

To open the EPL Season, Chelsea managed to defeat West Ham 1-0.

Tamburini injured his wrist during training and will miss a few days.

Aston Villa have signed Gabriel Nicolae from Coventry for 22 million dollars. Nicolae is very fast, very strong, very agile, an excellent leaper, and has great acceleration. He can play right wing, attacking midfield, or centreback. He is a decent passer and a very good shooter. I think Aston Villa made a great signing to bolster their club, unfortunately.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:51 AM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 12, 2018 -

Today we travel to play our rivals, Manchester City, in our EPL Opener. Manchester City strongly relies on the talented keeper, Libis Andres Arenas. His play is key to their team. Paul Simpson is a talented midfielder who can play both ways well. Gregory Grondin and Gary Moore are their 2 main strikers. Giuseppe Corradini is a very strong centreback who can push strikers around well.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 70's.

Miller, Tamburini, Wood, and Ortega are all out.

S2: Flores
S4: King
S5: Trotta
Old 11-15-2005, 01:11 AM   #30
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Rooney steals the ball.. has a breakaway.. is caught from behind by Smith.

4 minute mark: Adriano with a long pass to Barbosa.. Barbosa dribbles past two defenders down the left sideline.. he crosses it sharply.. Rooney with a powerful header.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

6 minute mark: Kompany trips Grondin.. gets away with a warning.. Rubio takes the free kick.. it deflects off the wall and Adriano can't gather the odd bounce. GOAL. 1-1.

12 minute mark: Barbosa is viciously tackled by their right back.. no card! Barbosa is hurt and has to be helped off the pitch. I put Trotta on for him.

16 minute mark: Boogaart with a long pass to Trotta on the left wing, he uses his amazing speed to go by two defenders.. crosses it towards the near post.. Rooney heads it.. over the bar.

29 minute mark: Heller steals the ball at midpitch.. passes it to Rooney.. he shoots a powerful banana shot from 30 yards out.. the keeper makes a nice save.

34 minute mark: Kompany gets a yellow card for obstruction.. Kompany yells at the ref for the call.. gets away with a warning.

36 minute mark: Simpson with a dangerous tackle on Heller.. yellow card for Simpson.

39 minute mark: Heller with a tough tackle on Simpson.. yellow card for Heller.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. They have over 47,000 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Adriano starts a counter attack.. long pass to Godoy.. he dribbles past a defender.. into the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Rooney has the rebound.. whistle.. Rooney is called for being offside.

62 minute mark: I'd love to keep Trotta's speed at left wing, but Kompany is huffing it out there. I move Trotta to right back and slide Boogaart into Kompany's spot. I put Flores on at left wing.

I also put Oswald on for Heller.

67 minute mark: Flores uses a tenancious dribble to get past two defenders.. crosses it to Rooney in the box.. he heads it.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

69 minute mark: Schreurs gets a yellow card for tripping Gibson.

71 minute mark: Rooney with a corner kick to Flores in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner, it hits the post and bounces wide of the net.

77 minute mark: Whelan with a corner kick to the far post.. Abate heads it.. past Adriano.. into the goal. GOAL. Down 2-1.

80 minute mark: Flores dribbles down the left wing.. crosses it to the far post.. Adriano heads it.. over the bar.

84 minute mark: Godoy dribbles down the left side of the pitch.. crosses it to the far post.. Adriano heads it.. inches wide right.

92 minute mark: Flores passes it to Schreurs in the right half of the box.. he blasts a shot.. upper left corner.. great save by their keeper.

Game over. We lost 2-1

We outshot them 15-11 (8-4 on target)

Godoy wins MoM, 9 for form, 13 of 18 passes, 4 key passes, 6 of 8 tackles, 5 of 7 headers, 4 interceptions, 7 runs, 2 fouls drawn.

Heller and Rooney had 8's. Adriano (GK) had a 5 for form. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:15 AM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Helder Barbosa suffered a hamstring tear today and is expected to need at least 5-6 months to recover!

Pinna will need to step up. He shows some signs of being able to do it, but now he needs to prove himself.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:41 AM   #32
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 14, 2018 -

Flores has rejected my latest contract offer! What does he want? He says he wants a basic salar that is higher, but I'm offering him 50% more than he is asking for. Sheesh!

Milan have withdrawn their offer for Heller.

I offer Flores 2 million signing bonus (he is asking for 1.1 million) 100k/week (he is now up to 60k/week on his request) and first team football..

Aug 15, 2018 -

Reggina have offered 7.3 million for Petit. I reject the offer.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:43 AM   #33
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 15, 2018 -

Today we host Everton. Everton's team is rather pedestrian. They don't have any real stars. Michael Turner is a good right back. Neil Gibson is an above average striker. Alfonso Micheli is a young Italian keeper with excellent potential.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 50's.

Injured: Barbosa, Tamburini, and Miller.

ML: Pinna

s2: Downing
S4: Flores
S5: Cardozo
Old 11-15-2005, 02:02 AM   #34
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12 minute mark: Pinna with a nice dribble past their right back, crosses it to the far post.. the keeper intercepts it.

14 minute mark: Pinna with a great cross (he has a wonderful curve on his crosses) to the far post.. King heads it.. upper right corner.. the keeper pushes it over the bar.

16 minute mark: Their keeper and defenders stop a trio of shots by my guys.

18 minute mark: We've had 5 corners in a row as we are pressing the attack..

22 minute mark: Kompany with a long pass to Rooney.. he threads a pass between three defenders to King in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

27 minute mark: Pinna gets the ball from Kompany.. passes it to King just outside the box.. King passes it to Rooney.. Rooney splits two defenders.. fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. It's clear Rooney has lost quite a bit of speed, but he can still create magic.

29 minute mark: Pinna gets the ball at midpitch.. passes it to Rooney in the left half of the box.. Rooney passes it back to Parker who quickly passes it back to a cutting Rooney.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

35 minute mark: King has gone down.. he needs some treatment and I'm not sure if he will last the match.

44 minute mark: We get a trio of shots on goal, but their defenders or keeper blocks them all.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. We have over 75,000 fans here today.

47 minute mark: Our midfielder pass it back and forth.. finally Schruers gets it in the right edge of the box.. he centers it to King who hits it on the half-volley.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

60 minute mark: Downing on for Pinna and Flores on for Rooney.

62 minute mark: Schreurs passes it to King in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. blistering shot.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

70 minute mark: Downing gets a pass from Parker left of the box.. centers it for Flores.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

Downing is getting stopped by the fullback repeatedly..

Game over. 4-0 win

We outshot them 19-2 (12-0 on target)

King wins MoM, 10 for form, 16 of 17 passes, 2 key passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 0 of 16 headers (!), 3 interceptions, 5 runs, 1 assist, and 2 goals.

Parker and Rooney also had 10's for form.

Adriano (GK) and Flores had 7's for form. Everyone else had an 8.

Flores, 30 minutes played, 7 for form, 4 of 5 passes, 0 of 2 headers, 2 runs, 1 foul drawn.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:57 PM   #35
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 17, 2018 -

Michael Wood has begun full training following his injury.

Aug 18, 2018 -

Flores has rejected our latest offer. He says he wants more money, but I suspect he really wants more PT. I better start giving him some starts.

Today we travel to play Cardiff in an EPL Match. Cardiff is being led by new acquisition, striker Bartomeu Moneiro de Almeida. Baromeu is a 25 year old striker from Guinea-Bissau who is fast, strong, and has good skills. He has 2 goals in starts this year. Their #2 striker, Tony Vaughn is out injured. Their left winger, Yves Monnier, is also out injured. They will be relying on Steve Campbell, a loan player from Aston Villa, to provide some skill in the midfield. Luis Carlos is playing well in goal for them this year. The 30 year old has one clean sheet and only gave up a goal in his other start and he has sharp reflexes.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 80's.

S2: Trotta
S4: King
S5: Oswald
Old 11-18-2005, 10:11 PM   #36
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12 minute mark: Rooney on a breakaway.. he is caught from behind by Bailey who clears it.

21 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney left of the box.. he centers it for Parker.. he shoots.. over the bar.

30 minute mark: Ortega with a long pass into the box.. Rooney can't get to it before the defender clears it.

39 minute mark: Downing gets the ball from Parker just left of the box.. he centers it to Rooney in the middle of the box.. Rooney shoots.. lower right corner.. the keeper saves it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. It's becoming evident to me that Rooney's speed is significantly diminished as he is aging.

60 minute mark: Rooney is wilting in the heat. Adriano also looks tired. I put Oswald and King on at striker.

61 minute mark: Downing gets the ball from Parker on the left sideline.. Downing passes it towards Godoy who misses the pass, but it rolls right to Oswald who is running into the box.. he immediately shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

67 minute mark: Oswald gets the ball from Cardozo at midpitch, he turns on the speed.. dribbles past one, two, three defenders.. into the box.. he fakes right.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! Oswald with a magical goal!

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We outshot them 12-6 (6-3 on target)

Oswald wins MoM, 8 for form, 5 of 7 passes, 2 of 2 headers, 3 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 2 goals.

Adriano (GK), Kompany, Godoy, and Downing all had 8's for form. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:30 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 20, 2018 -

Kompany, Downing, and Parker were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Aug 21, 2018 -

Birmingham have paid Ajax 5 million dollars to acquire 22 year old Dutch centreback Joey Schmitz. Joey is a strong, fast centreback with decent leaping ability and good timing who is a nice pickup for Birmingham.

29 year old Star Centreback Roberto has rejected Barcelona's recent contract offer.

Milan has sent centreback Jorg Walther and 28 million dollars to Arsenal for keeper, Jesus, who has become a star. Jorg Walther is a VERY talented centreback who is slow, but so skilled that he dominates. I think Arsenal made a very nice deal to bolster themselves.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:35 PM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 21, 2018 -

Today we host West Brom in an EPL Match. We are currently in 5th while they are in 8th. They are led by 20 year old Irish striker Mark Walsh who is doubtful due to a groin strain. Walsh has average speed, average physical skills, but good technical ability. Their star left winger, Giedrius Brichkus, is out injured this match. Centrebacks Jamie Adams and Mark Harper are playing well together and cover for each other efficiently. Gary Baker has been playing reasonably well in goal.

We are 4-7 favorites.

Injured: Barbosa, Tamburini, and Miller

MC: Oswald
SC: Flores (I need to get him some starts, and try to get him to sign a new contract.)

S2: Cahais
S3: Wright
S4: Wood
S5: Downing
Old 11-18-2005, 10:54 PM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Great passing from Oswald to Schreurs to Pinna in the left half of the box.. he centers it for King who shoots from 12 yards out.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

33 minute mark: Kompany starts the counterattack.. long pass to Schreurs who passes it to King in the right half of the box.. he crosses it to the far post.. Flores heads it.. into the crossbar. He was unlucky there.

36 minute mark: Oswald gets a yellow card for tripping one of their midfielders.

44 minute mark: Schreurs gets a yellow card for tripping Mark Walsh.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. We have over 68,000 fans here today.

58 minute mark: Their keeper stops a pair of shots from Heller and Flores.

62 minute mark: Wright on at right wing for Schreurs, and Wood on for Oswald.

81 minute mark: Pinna passes from midpitch to Heller just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. brilliant save by their keeper.

85 minute mark: Pinna passes to Heller just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper can't get there in time! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We outshot them 13-2 (8-0 on target)

Pinna wins MoM, 10 for form, 40 of 47 passes, 8 key passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 4 of 5 headers, 16 runs, 2 fouls drawn, 2 assists.

Heller, Schreurs, and King all had 8's for form.

The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:04 PM   #40
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Jesus, who has become a star.
Right now, he's just a star. Once he's a SUPERSTAR, Andrew Lloyd Webber will be making a musical about him.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 11:08 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Right now, he's just a star. Once he's a SUPERSTAR, Andrew Lloyd Webber will be making a musical about him.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:18 PM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 22, 2018 -

Liverpool have offered 40 million dollars for Oswald. I counter by asking 90 million for him.

Liverpool have offered 75 million for Godoy. I counter by asking for 120 million.

Chelsea has bought Paul Adams from Leeds for 9 million dollars. Paul is a very good 26 year old centreback who is a very nice pickup for Chelsea at that price.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:22 PM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 24, 2018 -

Today we play Liverpool in the European Super Cup. Liverpool is 1st in the EPL and they are playing very well. They have a relatively new striker in Gonzalo who has decent speed, decent strength, excellent positioning and a good shot. The 25 year old Spanish striker has 2 goals and 2 assists in 5 starts. Stephane Dalmat is playing alongside him, and has a very good start to the season with 5 goals in 5 starts. Vincenzo Guidetti has been a rock for the defense this year. Chris Taylor is playing superbly in goal. The 29 year old has 4 clean sheets in 5 starts. He only allowed a goal in his other start.

We are 6-4 favorites.

S2: Petit
S4: Heller
S5: Salva
S6: Schreurs
S7: Wright
Old 11-18-2005, 11:34 PM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Long pass from Kompany to Rooney.. Rooney outraces the defense.. into the box.. he shoots.. Taylor with a brilliant parry.

8 minute mark: Rooney grabs his hamstring and collapses to the ground.. he has to be helped off the pitch. I put Oswald on for him.

14 minute mark: Hey passes to Dalmat in the box.. he shoots from 15 yards out.. Adriano with a nice save.

32 minute mark: Godoy passes it to Oswald in the left half of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Taylor dives.. tips it over the bar.

35 minute mark: Green throws it into Platt.. Platt passes it back to Bobby Hey.. Hey shoots from 30 yards out.. upper right corner.. Adriano misplays it! GOAL. Down 1-0.

Halftime: Down 1-0.

48 minute mark: Boogaart gets a yellow card for tripping Dalmat.

50 minute mark: Cardozo gets a yellow card for tripping Dalmat.

60 minute mark: Downing gets the ball left of the box.. crosses it to the far post.. Adriano heads it.. over the bar. Adriano has been out of sorts so far this year, and at the end of last year...

70 minute mark: Wright on for Adriano and Heller on for Parker who has picked up a minor injury.

77 minute mark: Cardozo passes it long to Oswald.. two defenders close in on him.. he lays a perfect pass into the box.. Heller is racing towards it.. Taylor dives on it just before Heller can shoot it.

82 minute mark: Oswald with a hard two footed tackle on Mokoena.. yellow card for Mokoena.

Game over. 1-0 loss.

They outshot us 8-5 (4-3 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 15 of 25 passes, 2 key passes, 2 of 7 tackles, 3 of 4 headers, 13 runs, 2 fouls drawn.

Cardozo had a 6 for form. The rest of the team had 7's for form.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:39 PM   #45
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Wayne Rooney suffered a hamstring pull and will miss 2-3 weeks.

Liverpool have offered 122 million dollars for Carlos Godoy!!! GULP! They initially offered 75 million and I countered with that amount.. Now, do I actually pull the trigger?
Old 11-19-2005, 12:04 AM   #46
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 26, 2018 -

I call Godoy into my office and have a talk with him. He makes it clear that he is happy to stay at the club. He is a top 5 midfielder in the world. I decide to back out of the deal, and decline their offer.

Our U18 team was thrashed by Burnley 5-0. No one played well for us today.

Arsenal has sold their best centreback, Marek Mach to Lazio for 25 million dollars.

Aug 27, 2018 -

Pinna was selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

We've been put in Group E of the Champions League along with Valencia, Club Brugge, and FC Dinamo Bucharest.

Aug 28, 2018 -

Ahh, I see why Arsenal needed money! They have signed star keeper Warren Norman from West Ham for 26 million dollars!

Norman makes my hated foe a more dangerous team.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:08 AM   #47
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 29, 2018 -

Today we travel to play West Ham in an EPL Match. They are in 11th place while we are in 6th place. West Ham just sold their star keeper, and now they aren't as tough of a team. However, Robbin Kieft and Craig Powell work well together at the striker positions. Left winger David is a skilled passer who has 3 assists in 5 starts. Steve Turner is a talented left back who is a solid tackler. It is completely unclear who will start in goal as their now number 1 keeper, Dean Scott, is injured for this match. They will probably use reserve keeper Craig Moore who is only 17. Moore has some potential, but is not ready to play at this level. If he starts, it should be a massacre in our favor..

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 40's.

Injured: Rooney and Barbosa.

DR: schmidt
SC: Flores

S2: Tamburini
s3: Wright
S4: Downing
S5: Salva
Old 11-19-2005, 12:27 AM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It turns out they are starting Dave Mason. Dave is a 21 year old keeper who is distinctly subpar.

16 minute mark: Adriano with a pair of acrobatic saves.

20 minute mark: Pinna passes it back to Parker.. he shoots from 20 yards out.. over the bar.

21 minute mark: Ortega dribbles past a defender.. centers it to King inside the box.. he passes it to Heller in the middle of the box.. Heller shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

33 minute mark: Parker steals the ball.. passes it to Pinna.. Pinna with a brilliant dribble to cut between two defenders.. dribbles into the box.. shoots from 18 yards out.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! That is Pinna's 1st goal for us.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. They have just over 35,000 fans here today.

61 minute mark: Tamburini on for Ortega who is very tired.

70 minute mark: Their keeper shocks me with a trio of very good saves.

75 minute mark: Pinna is tripped in the box.. penalty! Trotta steps up.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

77 minute mark: Richard Duffy bodychecks Pinna.. Pinna is hurt.. yellow card for Duffy.

Game over. 3-0 win

We were outshot 13-9 (7-6 on target)

Heller wins MoM, 9 for form, 22 of 32 passes, 1 key pass, 9 of 10 tackles, 5 of 6 headers, 2 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 goal.

Adriano (GK) and Parker both had 9's for form. Flores had a 7. Everyone else had an 8.

Flores, 7 for form, 13 of 16 passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 2 of 4 headers, 2 interceptions, 4 runs, 4 fouls drawn.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:05 PM   #49
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Mark Hall had a goal and an assist to guide our reserves in a 2-0 win over Leicester.

Liverpool has paid Betis 97 million dollars to land Philippe Mawene! Philippe is a strong, agile, attacking midfielder with decent speed. He is a great dribbler, great at creating opportunities for other players, and is an excellent long range or short range shooter. He also is quite good at heading the ball and is a player with a high amount of creativity. I think they overpaid, but he will certainly bolster their squad.

Leeds has spent 27 million dollars to sign Mark Tucker from Tottenham. Tucker has done well for me when I was coaching England, and he is a nice acquisiton for their club.

Aug 30, 2018 -

West Ham has signed Juan, a 26 year old very talented Spanish keeper, from Chievo for 17.5 million dollars.

Everton has signed one of my former players, Paul Kelly, from Crystal Palace for 12 million dollars. Paul is a good midfielder, but I think Everton overpaid.

I name the players I think are most deserving to the Portgual Squad. I will be coaching them in a few days.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:16 PM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 31, 2018 -

Juventus have paid Liverpool 24 million dollars to sign Gonzalo, a 25 year old Spanish striker. I think this was a fair deal for both teams.

Middlesbrough have offered 10 million dollars for Kevin Young, one of my reserve strikers. I counter with a request for 15 million.

Atletico Madrid has offered 5.6 million dollars for Michael Wood. I counter with a request for 10 million.

September 1, 2018 -

The transfer window has closed, ending the deals for Young or Wood.

The board is thrilled with my performance as manager.

Robbin Kieft of West Ham as won the EPL Player of the Month. Barry Parker came in 2nd, and Freddy Adu of Chelsea came in 3rd.

Adriano Pinna has won the EPL Young Player of the Month. Villa of Arsenal has came in 2nd, and Andy Connor of Newcastle came in 3rd.

Arsenal's Ezio Rossi has won the EPL Manager of the Month. Rafa Benitez of Chelsea came in 2nd, and Pako Ayestaran of Liverpool came in 3rd.

I ask my scouts to prepare their annual reports on how players in my system have progressed or regressed.