Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-15-2006, 06:12 PM   #2001
st.cronin
General Manager

Your math is right, but I'm not convinced it would be a bad play for a wolf. If there is one wolf left, he is obviously interested in instigating as many villager vs. villager duels as possible.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #2002
Fouts
College Starter

I think we'd be better off lynching one person per day. I don't want to kill off 2 guards during the day cycle, plus the musketeers probably have a great chance of winning any duels.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #2003
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I think we'd be better off lynching one person per day. I don't want to kill off 2 guards during the day cycle, plus the musketeers probably have a great chance of winning any duels.

makes sense. we have the numerical advantage, might as well use it.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:00 PM   #2004
Fouts
College Starter

Honestly, I could probably make a case for any of the remaining candidates.

So, I thought what musketeer role would be left. I think it would be the person who converted blade. So what role most sounds like it can convert people? The charmer.

vote DT
Old 12-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #2005
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Honestly, I could probably make a case for any of the remaining candidates.

So, I thought what musketeer role would be left. I think it would be the person who converted blade. So what role most sounds like it can convert people? The charmer.

vote DT

interesting thought, but barking up the wrong tree fouts. i'm dissapointed to see you not joining cronin and myself on lathum, who as you pointed out was pushing for duels, a wolfish trait for certain this late in the game.

I am not the person who converted Blade. I wish I was. I was sound asleep in my room that night, I don't own a black mask, or a yellow flower.

Honestly I hadn't even thought of the fact that the "charming" thing could be seen that way, or I wouldn't have emphasized it so many times lately.

Seems to me that CW could very well have been the one who converted Blade, he was the "Black Musketeer" after all. Keep in mind that Blade said earlier

"Quite frankly, if i was converted yesterday, knowing what boat CW was in, i would have cut him loose and claimed he tried to convert me."

Knowing now that Blade was evil doesn't it make sense that CW was the one who converted him like he alludes to here?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:23 PM   #2006
st.cronin
General Manager

I have it 4 votes for DT, 2 votes for Lathum.

knives out
Old 12-15-2006, 07:23 PM   #2007
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I just don't buy a musketeer avoiding a duel. If you add that to his claim of ineffective skills, I find it hard to accept Lathum as a musketeer.

This is something I said before regarding Lathum. Why would a musketeer avoid a duel? Just doesn't fit in for me.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:24 PM   #2008
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I have it 4 votes for DT, 2 votes for Lathum.

4 for me?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #2009
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
interesting thought, but barking up the wrong tree fouts. i'm dissapointed to see you not joining cronin and myself on lathum, who as you pointed out was pushing for duels, a wolfish trait for certain this late in the game.

I am not the person who converted Blade. I wish I was. I was sound asleep in my room that night, I don't own a black mask, or a yellow flower.

Honestly I hadn't even thought of the fact that the "charming" thing could be seen that way, or I wouldn't have emphasized it so many times lately.

Seems to me that CW could very well have been the one who converted Blade, he was the "Black Musketeer" after all. Keep in mind that Blade said earlier

"Quite frankly, if i was converted yesterday, knowing what boat CW was in, i would have cut him loose and claimed he tried to convert me."

Knowing now that Blade was evil doesn't it make sense that CW was the one who converted him like he alludes to here?

What black mask? First I have heard of a black mask.

Also, all the musketeers are listed as Black Musketeer on the first page.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:33 PM   #2010
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
This is something I said before regarding Lathum. Why would a musketeer avoid a duel? Just doesn't fit in for me.

Was this about him being a lynch candidate, and picking somebody else to duel for him? It seems obvious, really. If he knew his opponent was a Cardinal, he would pick another Cardinal to duel in his place. That seems obvious to me.

Unless your question is more along the lines of "what sense does it make for a mouseketeer to have this ability." Then I don't know what to say, because I don't see it that way.

knives out
Old 12-15-2006, 07:36 PM   #2011
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Was this about him being a lynch candidate, and picking somebody else to duel for him? It seems obvious, really. If he knew his opponent was a Cardinal, he would pick another Cardinal to duel in his place. That seems obvious to me.

Unless your question is more along the lines of "what sense does it make for a mouseketeer to have this ability." Then I don't know what to say, because I don't see it that way.

Yeah, second part. Why would Gram give a musketeer the ability to dodge a duel? My idea of musketeers is they are very good fighters, who could fight 2 or 3 guards at a time.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:36 PM   #2012
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What black mask? First I have heard of a black mask.

Also, all the musketeers are listed as Black Musketeer on the first page.

aaah. still my point about CW being the likely converter of Blade (via Blade's quote) stands. Did Tyrith not say that the person that he saw approaching Blade's room had a black mask? Or was it just a black hat slung low over their face and my memory made that = mask? Honestly I didn't go back to check that post, I'm a little busy with other stuff, so if you want to sieze on that go right ahead, but it was an innocent mistake of memory.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #2013
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, second part. Why would Gram give a musketeer the ability to dodge a duel? My idea of musketeers is they are very good fighters, who could fight 2 or 3 guards at a time.

so why do i have that ability in practice if not in name, and yet you all want to lynch me as a mouseketeer?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #2014
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
so why do i have that ability in practice if not in name, and yet you all want to lynch me as a mouseketeer?

Lathum has demonstrated the ability, and you have not. You are claiming almost the exact ability.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:41 PM   #2015
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lathum has demonstrated the ability, and you have not. You are claiming almost the exact ability.

*shrug* so we're going to waste a night demonstrating it and let them get a kill (or even 2) in?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #2016
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

he's demonstrated the ability, but i feel i have certainly contributed more to the discussion in terms of narrowing down the list and providing reasonings and insight
Old 12-15-2006, 07:53 PM   #2017
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
My idea of musketeers is they are very good fighters, who could fight 2 or 3 guards at a time.

This has been much speculated upon, but I don't think it's been shown to be true. I think it's just a WAG.

knives out
Old 12-15-2006, 08:35 PM   #2018
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Fouts? see the guest reading the thread? that's your wolf, not me
Old 12-15-2006, 08:47 PM   #2019
Fouts
College Starter

Should I change my vote to guest? Even if I change my vote, you still have to duel.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:49 PM   #2020
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Should I change my vote to guest? Even if I change my vote, you still have to duel.

well call me selfish, but i'd rather duel than have my head lopped off. at least then i give us the chance of picking off a bad-guy!
Old 12-15-2006, 09:04 PM   #2021
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*shrug* fine...but when I demonstrate are you all going to condemm me anyways if i don't magically find the wolf?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:37 PM   #2022
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well I am glad to see we made a good descion but I still think my theory was better.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:05 PM   #2023
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Here it is. Questions:

Does ntndeacon have an ability like this?
Do we think it's less likely that a mouseketeer would have an ability like this?

I think ntndeacon might be the way to go today.

Sorry I just got back in town. No I do not have the ability to choose pistols or swords. the only thing that makes me special is the inability to turn down a duel.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:19 PM   #2024
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Sorry I just got back in town. No I do not have the ability to choose pistols or swords. the only thing that makes me special is the inability to turn down a duel.

So, you think blade viewed you and stole your role information?
Old 12-15-2006, 11:24 PM   #2025
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
So, you think blade viewed you and stole your role information?

no. he claimed to have to duel those that voted for someone he had viewed. My role is that of a hotheaded Cardinal guard who has to accept any duel offered him. Blade turned down a couple of duels.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:44 PM   #2026
Fouts
College Starter

Well, if DT isn't the last musketeer, we should just lynch the most quiet players. Harder to pin them down on anything, so if we start coming after them, they will participate and help us catch the musketeer.

Unfortunately, most of you qualify as quiet players. I suppose thats why you are still here.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:53 PM   #2027
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I usually don't think of Cronin or Lathum as quiet players. I do think of LSG and myself that way.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:46 AM   #2028
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Day 6 vote

4 - DaddyTorgo – LSG, ntndeacon, Lathum, Fouts
2 - Lathum – st.cronin, DaddyTorgo
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:51 AM   #2029
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Mr. Grenier steps up and motions for Gallagher the English executioner to come and work his craft. M. Grenier says “ you have spoken in consensus. You have reached a majority”. As Gallagher grabs his mighty sword and moves to towards the front, you see M. DaddyTorgo step up with a sad, but thoughtful look on his face. He asks M. Grenier if he may address the team. M. Grenier allows M. DaddyTorgo to have a few words.

M. DaddyTorgo tells you that he is a strong willed and supportive member of the Cardinals Guard. He effectively paints a picture of how horrible it would be if you were in his place and about to get lynched. How dishonorable it is for an experienced member of the Cardinals Guard to be refused the right of dueling to protect his good name. Putting yourself in his place, you feel that he should have a chance to duel. After all, M. Lathum has received votes too and it was so close. You all support allowing M. DaddyTorgo the opportunity to duel M. Lathum instead of placing his head on the blood dried tree stump.

M. Grenier steps up and says “You all have spoken and M. DaddyTorgo shall duel M. Lathum to decide today’s lynch”. M. Grenier says to M. DaddyTorgo, “The men have granted you this one opportunity. But if you are voted for lynch again, you must face your fate”. M. DaddyTorgo looks relieved as he walks toward the pistols.

M. Lathum is wide eyed and frantic. He charges to the front of the group and wails in agony “YOU CANNOT DO THIS TO ME!, I am not a man in the Cardinals Guard. I am a woman of noble birth and ineffective in skills that govern combat. Please, I beg of you, spare my life.” M. Lathum tears off his floppy hat and shakes free a mane of thick blonde curly hair. He pulls away his fake beard and mustachio. It is apparent that M. Lathum is actually MME. Lathum.

M. Grenier jumps up and shouts for two guards to restrain the woman. M. Grenier says, “I recognize that unmistakable face, you are the infamous criminal of France, the Lady DeWinter, known to many as Milady”. M. Grenier steps up to MMME. Lathum and exposes her left shoulder blade. You are all shocked to see that MME. Lathum has a fleur-de-lis branded upon her shoulder blade. You know this brand is a sign the recipient has been deemed a vile enemy of the state of France. M. Grenier states that Milady must be imprisoned and sent to Paris to be tried for her crimes.

Lathum was Milady, a.k.a. The Lady DeWinter. He has been removed from the game as he was disqualified and deemed the loser of the duel.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:57 AM   #2030
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Night 6 Results:

When you awake in the morning, you are quick to identify the fact your very Lieutenant M. Fouts is missing. What has happened? Has he come to ill end? You rush to his room and find M. Fouts in his bed with his throat cut from ear to ear.l

You search M. Fouts’ armoire and find a fine red sash that signifies Cardinals Guard. You also see a Lieutenant’s rank sewn upon the sash.

M. Fouts was Cardinals Guard and your Lieutenant.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:06 AM   #2031
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I have two minutes before work, but you are all welcome very much hmmm?? told you I thought lathum was bad and I am proved right!

sorry to see my man fouts go though
Old 12-16-2006, 07:43 AM   #2032
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

well, i guess we have our poisoner. And Ican't say I am too surprised with the choice of the last Musketeer. Fouts was the most cleared of all.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:44 AM   #2033
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I shall be out of pocket most of today. Going to celebrate Christmas with some of my family that can't join us on the 25th.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:51 AM   #2034
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I have two minutes before work, but you are all welcome very much hmmm?? told you I thought lathum was bad and I am proved right!

sorry to see my man fouts go though

I wouldn't pat yourself on your back just yet. If you had listened to me the game may have been over.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:09 AM   #2035
st.cronin
General Manager

So, it's down to 4

st.cronin
DaddyTorgo
LoneStarGirl
ntndeacon

If we get this vote wrong, we lose. I think DT has to be the last badguy.

vote DaddyTorgo

knives out
Old 12-16-2006, 01:44 PM   #2036
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Damn this sucks. I am inbetween a rock and a hard place. I have never been down the last four. St. Cronin, why do you believe DT bad over NTN?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:03 PM   #2037
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

See Lathum? You shoulda just joined us.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:10 PM   #2038
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Cronin you're wrong. It's not me. I have been good the entire game and continue to be good. I havn't been THE MOST ACTIVE player, but I have certainly been very active. I was partially cleared by Brian, who observed me asleep in my bed. I have explained (numerous times) the reason why I didn't bandwagon onto the CW vote but instead remained on Lathum (WHO ALSO ENDED UP BEING BAD, VOTING WITH TYRITH...OUR BODYGUARD). I have demonstrated my ability and used it to help us nab the person who poisoned our seer and our bodyguard. I provided great analysis last night leading up to my "duel" with Lathum.

And if I was indeed the last bad guy and I suspected Lathum of being evil do you think I would have arranged so that I was dueling him, in effect killing off one of us and making evil a longshot to win the game? No. I would have gone after someone else on my list of people I don't trust. And since I have been onto Lathum for a LONGGGG time in this game, I would have stayed away from him if I were evil.

I am not the last musketeer. I am not one of the two people claiming identical roles, coincidentally one who has not demonstrated his role at all, let alone to the benefit of his fellow Guards. I have demonstrated my loyalty to the cause and bagged an evil head for us, as has LSG. I am still willing to take you at your word Cronin, but I'd sleep a lot easier tonight if you would vote with me again, as opposed to for me.

LSG...why would NTN have your same ability yet never have demonstrated it, and also be on the same side as you?? I just don't see it making sense!
Old 12-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #2039
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

VOTE NTNDEACON

in case it's not clear what I was driving at. I am not the only choice LSG...nor am I the best choice, nor the correct choice. Is NTN the correct choice? The evidence seems to support that more than me.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:25 PM   #2040
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
dola

VOTE NTNDEACON

in case it's not clear what I was driving at. I am not the only choice LSG...nor am I the best choice, nor the correct choice. Is NTN the correct choice? The evidence seems to support that more than me.

What evidence?

knives out
Old 12-16-2006, 04:39 PM   #2041
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

identical role claim as LSG. hasn't even demonstrated that that is true. certainly wasn't onto lathum early in the game and brought him down. and the evidence for me is all bunk. i've gone over it several times, most notably in my last post.

you believed me yesterday enough to unvote me and vote lathum with me cronin...what has changed today?
Old 12-16-2006, 04:43 PM   #2042
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

read my last post cronin. (the last long one) a couple below this.

so ntn and lsg are both good and both have the "hothead" characteristic? i just don't buy it. it doesn't make any sense. LSG we know at least has brought down baddies, notably blade when he challenged her. if she was bad and ntn was good, he would have challenged ntn right? but if ntn is bad and lsg is good, he challenges lsg. therefore i submit that if lsg was challenged by blade to a zero-sum duel (where one of them would be lost for sure) she must be good and ntn must be bad.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:44 PM   #2043
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

damm...post #2042. that's a moment of extreme clarity and vision right there. it just makes sense cronin.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:45 PM   #2044
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sorry i'm a lil amped up...i've been up since 5am...adrenaline and all
Old 12-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #2045
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
identical role claim as LSG. hasn't even demonstrated that that is true. certainly wasn't onto lathum early in the game and brought him down. and the evidence for me is all bunk. i've gone over it several times, most notably in my last post.

you believed me yesterday enough to unvote me and vote lathum with me cronin...what has changed today?

Ok, I'm convinced.

unvote DaddyTorgo
vote ntndeacon

I don't really have any good feeling about this.

knives out
Old 12-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #2046
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

Of course I have not demonstrated my role is what I say it is. No one has challenged me to a duel. I have tried to instigate a couple of fights. One with Jonathan and the other with you. If I had challenged either one of you, it would not have proven my claim.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:55 PM   #2047
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
read my last post cronin. (the last long one) a couple below this.

so ntn and lsg are both good and both have the "hothead" characteristic? i just don't buy it. it doesn't make any sense. LSG we know at least has brought down baddies, notably blade when he challenged her. if she was bad and ntn was good, he would have challenged ntn right? but if ntn is bad and lsg is good, he challenges lsg. therefore i submit that if lsg was challenged by blade to a zero-sum duel (where one of them would be lost for sure) she must be good and ntn must be bad.

Ok let's pretend the last possibilities for the final Musketeer are either myself or LSG. Since, Blade is discussing with the unknown Musketeer about his eminent capture. Both of them knows the other's skills. As the spy, I will make another assumption that his skill level was below the other. (I can't see a spy as someone who has great sword or pistol skills) Both of them knows it is only a matter of time before Tyrith challenges Blade. Remember it is a forgone conclusion that Blade is doomed in the Musketeer camp. So the unknown musketeer challenges Blade to a Duel, which he accepts. He then throws a meaningless challenge to Tyrith which is also accepted. IT has already been shown that the 1st duel is gonna be the one accepted. This is a pretty good way to get the last Musketeer with enough clout so that they can avoid capture ong enough for the Musketeer win.

Now isn't this a possible reason for Blade to accept the LSG wager? And remember it wasn't Blade who challenged it was LSG.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:06 AM   #2048
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

on my way to bed in a minute here, and then since i have no control over my damm job I hafta work 12-8:30pm EST later. I will try to check on on my break, and maybe possibly in the AM before I go to work, but no guarentees.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:42 PM   #2049
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

DT my main problem with you is that you have misreported things several times during this game.. you have used these misrepresentations to attack me on a couple of occasions. You did this early in the game by saying I wasn't contributing and again Yesterday. There you said that basically since Blade challenged LSG she must be good and therefore I must be bad. However as I pointed out earlier, LSG did the challenging. This is very suspicious to me. In fact, ihave been trying to decide which way to put my vote for the last day.
I have a solution. This is pretty much it for the game anyway. We get it wrong and the Musketeers kills one of us tonight to win. Therefore,

Vote M. DaddyTorgo
Challenge Mme. LSG to a Duel

This is the best thing I can think of to do. Since as we currently sit, It would be me to die...(Assuming LSG votes for me.) and I know that would give the Musketeers the win. This at least gives us a chance to win.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:34 PM   #2050
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

accept ntn deacon duel

You know what is funny. I was going to ask ntn to duel and then vote for st cronin...... But why would somebody go after a known good? That makes no sense.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote