Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2018, 02:43 AM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

Morobe United and Probably Others (FM 16)

Fixed the Estonia problem after hours of work, but that's not where I'm going to start. No, it's...

I don't know what the hell is going in that logo. It looks some weird bird-crab mutant holding an older cellphone.

Anyway, Morobe United plays in a 10,000 seat stadium (owned by the Council naturally) in the 100,000ish population city of Lae, the second largest city in Papa New Guinea, behind the more well-known city of Port Moresby (population 236k - nearly double its size.

The beauty of Papa New Guinea's single league? Like Fiji, all the teams are amateur. There's a grand total of 12 teams, split into two divisions of 6 teams. That means a 10 game season. The top two teams qualify for the two games Champion Playoffs, and I *think* the top team in each division qualifies to go get their asses kicked in the Oceania Champions League Group stage, but maybe it's the tournament champion. Possibly both? Not sure.

Anyhow, the quality of soccer here is just as terrible as you expect, and there's no pool to draw from. Worse yet, we can't get anyone to sign with us and default to a few grey guys who I can stomach to start the process.

But the national team is doing pretty damn well, because they have 19 year old ST David Browne, who plays in the top Dutch league, and 25 year old DL Brad McDonald, playing in Australia's A league.

Amicale, an Amateur side from Vanuatua, just won the Oceania Champions League. Should that shock you? ...Well... not so much as it turns out. The Oceania Champions League has two semi-professional teams, both from New Zealand.

And the prize money is $80k for winning Champions League, $30k for runner-up. Folks, we're at the bottom of the soccer world here. Why no Australia? Because they play in the Asian Champions League.

Transfer In - MLR Gabriel Aimaea (25) (Solomon Islander) - From Unitech Lea
Finally we manage to snipe somebody who was unhappy about his PT. He's physically incredible - only one stat below 9, and he also has 13 Flair, 13 Teamwork, and 11 Work Rate.

Transfer In - MC Philip Mondo (26) - From Unitech Lea
10 Passing, Decisions, Determination. Every single physical attribute is 8 or higher. 11 Teamwork, 12 Flair. There's some shockingly good talent on this island.

We're having such hard luck attracting people that I propose a Trial Day and the board agrees! (Probably because they felt bad about rejecting my parent club request).

...And it gets canceled due to lack of player interest. Wow.

@ Madong Fox
DL: Ludwig Upaiga
M: Gabriel Aimaea/Gray/Philip Mondo/Philip Seeto

Our grey guy signees are whiny little bitches about being trained in a new position, so I'll cut their asses at first opportunity.

33 - Big sigh 0-1

78 - Grey guy gets double yellow. I couldn't care less.

vs Guria Goroka (2nd)
DL: Ludwig Upaiga

23 - Aimaea recovers a clearance in the box and taps it to grey guy for our first official score of my era 1-0

30 - Grey guy makes interception, passes up to Seeto for a great box delivery to Grey Guy for his second goal 2-0

32 - We score again as Other Grey Guy hits his own rebound shot 3-0

34 - My teams continue to be shit at set piece defending 3-1

48 - Aimaea centers to Mondo for the box feed to Seeto. Cross, and Grey Guy gets his hat trick 4-1

80 - LOL. Hat trick guy goes off with injury.

90 - SMH 4-2

We almost surrendered a third goal at the end, too. Anyway, Philip Seeto's whiny ass has a 9.0 but it's not PotM worthy because of hat trick guy and Philip Mondo overcame a shitty first half to finish with a 7.5.

That moves us to 2nd, behind the undefeated league leaders. But Ludwig Upaiga gets a double hernia and is out 3 months.

@ Unitech Lea (1st)

26 - Aimaea taps the free kick right to a grey midfielder and his long pop kick into the box finds a grey striker for the score. Would be a massive upset to win here, because this team is hogging all the talent 1-0

55 - Gross. 1-1

vs Besta PNG (6th)

26 - We keep going to Seeto on the right wing, and he keeps losing the ball, but then the grey DR right charges in and booms the recovered clearance into the box, where Aimaea powers in his first Morobe United goal! 1-0

42 - JESUS CHRIST, WILL YOU ASSHOLES LEARN TO DEFEND A FRIGGING SET PIECE?! 1-1

Transfer In - DM/MC/AMC Ronnie Nengabo (28) - From Unitech Lae
10 First Touch, Tackling, Concentration, Pace, Stamina. 13 Teamwork, 11 Work Rate. 7.15 average rating for the division leaders, so this was a huge steal.

Transfer In - DC Selan Elizah (44) - From Rapatona PM
It's the kind of league where an elderly soccer player can still be relevant. Not listing his stuff because he won't be playing too much longer.

Transfer Out - MR Philip Seeto - To Poro
Don't care. We're loaded at MR bodies.

Transfer Out - MR Manuel Wangu - To Blue Kumals Lae
K. That's both former grey dude MR who left. Whatever.

@ Admiralty (2nd)
DC: Selan Elizah
DM: Ronnie Nengabo
M: Gray/Philip Mondo/Gabriel Aimaea

8 - K this is really getting boring 0-1

33 - Nengabo sends it down the right flank after a throw-in to new grey striker. Cross into the box, and Aimaea makes the difficult shot 1-1

46 - We finally get a set piece goal before half, and it's yay grey dudes doing stuff 2-1

72 - Aimaea outlets to the grey DR and runs down the right flank for the return longball down the line. Center, and grey striker slide tackles in the insurance!!! 3-1

74 - Grey striker has like five guys around him, so he passes right into the box through a seam to Aimaea. Cross to grey ML and the misery piles on 4-1

PotM 9.1 for Gabriel Aimaea. Halfway through the season we're in 2nd place, which is about as good as we can hope for, given the two top teams in the respective divisions are hogging all the damn talent.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:46 AM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Madong Fox (6th)
DC: Selan Elizah
DM: Ronnie Nengabo
M: Gray/Philip Mondo/Gabriel Aimaea

I may not be here for long - I've put in for another job, as I think my work here has been pretty damn impressive, and they were quick to interview me.

19 - When are teams going to learn bunching up on our right grey striker only opens up opportunities for a wing out to Aimaea and cross to score with other grey dude? 1-0

43 - That Nengabo steal really stiffened up our defense. Here, he steals the ball, cracks it long to a striker in the box, and we add insurance 2-0

53 - Mondo plays it long to 2 goal striker. He dribbles and drills a 35 yard beauty for his hat trick 3-0

64 - Eh whatevs. 3-1

78 - Mondo strips the ball and plays it long to hat trick guy for his 4th goal 4-1

9.0, 8.2, 8.2 for our three signed midfielders.

I take a job but then quit it, because there's some really stupid rules in my new league I forgot to adjust.

Luckily, it isn't long before I land another gig.

That's a pretty cool logo, and I assume the team name is Devils.

There's no staff on hand - nor can I succeed in bringing anyone on board, so it's the advertisements route.

The setup in FM is different from real life, which is fine. 10 team league, the bottom two of which relegate. Top team wins auto promotion and the 2nd place team goes in a promotion playoff game against the 7th place team in the Dhivehi (Premier) League.

Essentially this will be a lot like playing in Antigua & Barbuda, which is fine by me.

Everyone is on a PPA deal here, with a projected $12k in salary costs and a $170k budget. I'm making just $7k, so it's a low-rent league. The difference is, there's much bigger prize money to play for at the highest level. But we'll get to that.

We lose a DC from the jump.

Transfer In - MCR/AMCR/ST Hassan Ali (16) - From New Radiant - Free Transfer
I see him as an AMC for his best position. 17 Flair, 15 Teamwork, 13 Work Rate are all great numbers and while we're stuck paying him bonuses as a youth player, by the time his new deal signs, we'll be paying a flat $40 P/A. More than I want to, but it is what it is. It's listed as the biggest transfer of the window, which is pretty cool.

Transfer In - MCR/AMCR Hussain Mohamed Fulhu (21) - From TC Sports - Free Transfer
Projects as a MR due to his 10 Acceleration and Pace and 14 Flair. 13 Teamwork, too. Just $9 P/A is a damn steal, and I hope we can keep him long-term at that dirt cheap price. He'll serve as our MC for now, though, due to lack of other options.

Transfer In - ST Mohamed Farish Ibrahaim (22)
Had to shell out $20 P/A but he fits my ideal form - 11 Acceleration, 10 Pace, 11 Flair, with 10 Off the Ball and Dribbling, to say nothing of 11 Finishing. Needs a lot of work on his mental game yet, but we'll get there. Also needs to pump up his stamina.

Promotion Odds
Gaamagu are 1-10 favorites, expected to run away with the Second Division crown. On the other end is us, given 2,000-1 odds and we're tabbed as one of two teams to relegate at 9th.

vs Thinadhoo
G: Mohamed Rafeeu
D: Hassan Shifaz/Ahmed Waheed/Hushny Rasheed/Mohamed Ibrahim
M: Ali Adam/Hussain Mohamed Fulhu/Abdulla Ibrahim
AMC: Hassan Ali
S: Mohamed Farish Ibrahim/Ahmed Ibad

6 - M. Ibrahim throws in to Rasheed for the booming longball down the right flank that Ibad runs down and the center to Farish Ibrahim nets the debut goal on the header! 1-0

10 - Abdulla Ibrahim makes a perfect box feed to Ibad. Shot's deflected, but the keeper is crumpled on the ground, and 16 year old Ali rushes in to pocket the empty net debut goal!!! 2-0

13 - Ali is hemmed in by two defenders just past midfield, so he flares out right for Abdulla Ibrahim to chase down the ball at the sideline. Box delivery finds Ibad. Shot range shot is knocked aside, but Ibad is so looming, he puts in his own rebound 3-0

55 - Terrible defense 3-1

62 - Mohamed Hassan on for Fulhu and a grey guy goes in for Rasheed after a horseshit fluke goal 3-2

68 - Abdulla Ibrahim throws in to Mohamed Ibrahim for the cross to Farish Ibrahim, whose header gently lopes over the keeper's head and into the net!!! 4-2

Are we going to win the league? Not a chance. But this opening win is a statement that we're not going to be the pushovers everyone thinks we are, either.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:41 AM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Hurriya (MDV) (6th)

58 - Hassan for Fulhu; Grey guy for Farish Ibrahim. We've had our chances but haven't been able to convert.

Very frustrating to only squeeze out a draw, as we played more than well enough to get the win here, and our next game is on short rest.

@ TC Sports (8th)
M: Ali Adam/Mohamed Hassan/Ahmed Ibrahim
AMC: Hussain Mohamed Fulhu

1 - We come out looking very poor. Not going to be a good day 0-1

60 - Ali's day off is over and he goes in at AMC, Fulhu dropping down to MC.

vs AYL (1st)
M: Ali Adam/Hussain Mohamed Hassan/Abdulla Ibrahim

27 - Another awful set piece defense. Rafeeu just stood there, not even attempting to make a save 0-1

40 - You're god damned right that was a red card! Probably cost us our points.

49 - NO FUCKING EXCUSE FOR GIVING UP THAT SHORT-HANDED GOAL! ABSOLUTELY GOD DAMNED NONE!!!! Our MR is pulled for a guy named Nimal (His name is too long to type out), and Waheed is yanked for a grey guy after giving up that goal with shitty defense 0-2

55 - Adam dribbles down the left flank and sends it into the box, where Ibad's sliding tackle rolls the ball into the net, giving us a glimmer of hope 1-2

93 - With seconds to go, Ibad draws a PK in the box and converts, salvaging the late draw!!! 2-2

What an ugly game - 9 yellow cards and 1 red card.

vs Gaamagu (5th)

Very unfair scheduling to us, having all these games jammed in early This is our 5th of 18 games already while 3 teams are sitting with just 1 match and most are at 2 or 3.

54 - Grey guy for Waheed; Hassan for Fulhu

@ Vynasa (10th)
M: Ali Adam/Hussain Mohamed Fulhu/Ahmed Ibrahim

So I've been starting the wrong A Ibrahim at MR, and he comes to call me out on it. Fair enough.

[b]17[/b - Adam dribbles down the left flank and hits a gorgeous cross right that Ahmed Ibrahim darts forward to put away. Maybe if I hadn't made that mistake, we'd have won some more games. But basically, we just have to hold out until this summer, when we have an amazing crop of talent coming in via transfer 1-0

40 - Farish Ibrahim cracks a beautiful ball out into right space on a counter, and Ahmed Ibrahim has miles of space to run down the flank before short crossing to Ibad *finally* breaking through to add to our insurance 2-0

43 - Adam outlets back to Fulhu for the straight line pass to Ali. Beautiful box feed that Farish Ibrahim runs down and puts away to finally end his drought 3-0

78 - Awful set piece defense, but what else is new? Hassan on for Fulhu, and it angers me we have no backup DCs of any kind. Help is coming this summer, however 3-1

8.4 for Ahmed Ibrahim, 8.9 for Ali Adam, and a 9.0 PotM for Hassan Ali as we finally snap our winless streak. Our 6 games are the highest in the league, so we're fakely in first.

3 week break ensues, during which the rest of the league plays catch up and we fall to 4th place. I'm not upset by it, however - as long as we don't hit the drop, we'll be good, and by next year we should be a powerhouse, assuming no defections.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:55 AM   #4
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Okay, that's one of the greatest starting points EVAH lol
Old 07-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #5
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Okay, that's one of the greatest starting points EVAH lol

Yep, I bailed out of there real quick. Amateur isn't bad to start, but it gets boring very quickly without being able to promote to Semi-Pro, and the prize money was so small, it'd be a dull game.

Ali Adam is out 2-3 months with a lower back stress fracture sustained in training, which hurts. He was our most consistent great player.

@ Riverside (MDV) (5th)
M: Mohamed Visham/Hussain Mohamed Fulhu/Ahmed Ibrahim

They got hit with early games even worse than we did and struggled coming out of the gate. Things have improved for them, though, and we're currently tied with them on points, so this is a big game.

34 - Frigging irritating. We've been completely outplaying them, and they get lucky on a counter attack 0-1

37 - A set piece goal surrender where Rafeeu just stands there 0-2

48 - Hassan in at ML, Rasheed yanked for a grey guy and I can't wait to shitcan his ass next summer

53 - Ahmed Ibrahim kicks back to Ali, then runs down the return pass to the touchline, whereupon he crosses and Farish Ibrahim gets us back in the game 1-2

*Very* unlucky not to at least get a draw in that game. We completely outplayed them.

Nimal with the long name is released on a free transfer at his own request

@Mecano (7th)

13 - One of the M Ibrahims, not sure which one, hits a short free kick to Fulhu, out right to Ahmed Ibrahim, and the box delivery to Ibad nets the opening goal 1-0

40 - Visham kicks the ball ahead of himself to draw the defender towards him, then hits the boomer into the box, where Ibad out-jumps two defenders to head it in. Our defensive forward has been playing way above his actual talent, and it's been incredible to see 2-0

80 - Fulhu wants a break, so Hassan comes in

7.5 for Husny Rasheed in a bounceback game, 8.0 for Ahmed Ibrahim, and matching 9.0s for Mohamed Visham (PotM) and Ahmed Ibad.

vs Victory United (10th)

54 - Mohamed Ibrahim throws in to Ahmed Ibrahim and he cracks a fluke goal. About time that went our way. Fulhu is off for Hassan for energy reasons 1-0

62 - Fuck you, bar. 1-1

74 - Grey guy is in for Waheed

80 - One of the Mohamed Ibrahims on the free kick passes to Shifaz for the high, hard ball into the box, and Visham's header goes over the keeper and in! 2-1

81 - %$!%$%!@$%!@ immediate answer 2-2

Hard luck draw.

And I forget we're in the Southern Hemisphere, so we actually have a mid-season transfer window, with a buttload of dudes coming in. Hang on to your hats, because it's about to get wild. All are free transfers.

Transfer In - DC Ahmed Nooman (23)
$15 P/A for this 11 Marking and Tackling with 14 Teamwork and 10 Work Rate guy I found not being signed by anyone. Shocking he was a free agent, really. Will be in the mix for a starting spot.

Transfer In - AMC/MC/Assistant Coach Adam Fazeeh (36) - From AYL
$9 P/A for the first ever player I've signed to a dual role. 12 First Touch, 10 Marking, 11 Passing, 12 Concentration, 16 Flair, 15 Teamwork, 13 Work Rate. He'll fall off a cliff shortly, and I wanted him as just my Assman, but he still wants to play. 7.0 average rating for AYL, too.

Transfer In - GK Ibrahim Ifrah Ahreef (30) - From Hurriyya (MDV)
There were a bunch of guys I paid much larger bonuses to in order to lure them here, and this 11 Aerial Reach, Handling, Reflexes, 10 Positioning, 13 Bravery, 14 Teamwork, 11 Work Rate is one at $20 P/A. While not an amazing player, he's orders above our current guy. I'd love to get a young dude in too to build up, but that'll have to wait.

Transfer In - DC Mohamed Yamin (23) - From AYL
$30 P/A is a little steep, but I couldn't resist the 11 Marking, Decisions, Acceleration, and Pace, nor the 10 Anticipation and Bravery. His Stamina is worrying at just 2, but we'll have him work on that.

Transfer In - ST Anas Mohamed (24) - From Hurriyya (MDV)
So we just stole a star striker and starting keeper from the same club. 11 First Touch, Heading, Decisions. 11 Acceleration, 10 Pace, 15 Flair combination. 14 Teamwork and 13 Work Rate. Add it all up and you have the perfect Defensive Forward more than worth the $40 P/A. Out with injury right now for a couple weeks, but he'll feature sooner rather than later.

Transfer In - DC Moosa Hassan (24) - From AYL
Yep, we just stole both of AYL's starting DCs. No doubt they're pissed. $40 P/A for 11 Marking, Tackling, Decisions, Acceleration, and Pace. A lot like his former and current teammate who hitched a ride, actually. 15 Aggression, 10 Anticipation, 13 Bravery, and 14 Teamwork. But like his DC mate, his Stamina is an issue (4).

Transfer In - MC Ali Navaau (24)
Another shocking free agent, he's drawing a team high $45 P/A for his 11 First Touch and Decisions, 14 Teamwork, 13 Work Rate, and 11 Acceleration. He was also my first signing and perfect for the defensive MC role.

Transfer In - DM/MC Mohamed Ifruaan (23) - From Hurriya (MDV)
Another poaching. 11 Long Shots and Decisions, 14 Aggression, 10 Teamwork and Vision, 13 Work Rate, 10 Pace at $40 P/A.

Transfer Out - DR Mohamed Ibrahim (24) - To BG Sports - $3k contract
That hurts. He was a star for us, but that's going to happen when you're a cash-tight semi-pro club and a higher division team who can offer guaranteed money comes calling.

Mohamed Yamin and Ahmed Ibrahim are appointed captain and vice-captain after that, pissing off Ahmed Waheed, who thinks he should have been named captain. GTFO dude - you just lost your starting spot. No chance of that happening.

Transfer In - DC Ahmed Samau (22) - From Hurriya (MDV)
$15 P/A backup DC with 11 Marking, 10 Tackling, 10 Decisions, and 10 Positioning. Also has a stamina issue, but I'm always happy to poach the higher rated clubs.

@ Thinhadhoo (9th)
G: Ibrahim Ifrah Ahreef
D: Hassan Shifaz/Moosa Hassan/Ahmed Nooman/Hushny Rasheed
DM: Mohamed Irufaan
M: Mohamed Visham/Ali Navaau/Ahmed Ibrahim
S: Mohamed Farish Ibrahim/Anas Mohamed

Changing from the 4-3-1-2 to a 4-1-3-2 DM as a result of our major transfer activity.

5 - Farish Ibrahim cracks it down to Mohamed outside the half-circle. Our shiny new striker dribbles a bit, then says hell with it and jams the 25 yarder in for the debut goal!!! 1-0

6 - Navaau plays it down to Ahmed Ibrahim for the box delivery to Mohamed, and bam! There's the second goal, and the fans are going nuts 2-0

13 - Visham with the kickback to Irufaan, who returns it with a long pass into the box, and on the cross, Mohamed has a debut hat trick in 12 minutes, 13 seconds!!!! Holy shit! I've never seen that before!!! 3-0

18 - Devastating injury as Navaau goes off. Assistant manager Fazeeh goes in, after I take some time to think about it.

75 - Welp 3-1

78 - I stupidly forgot to put defenders in the subs 3-2

80 - Out go the wingers, with Hassan (ML) and Abdulla Ibrahim (MR) taking charge. Still kicking myself right now.

86 - 34k^#$^#%Ho34t5hoergyero0ghe9gysertyr9etheragf 3-3

COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! I EVEN TOLD YOU ASSHOLES NOT TO GET COMPLACENT AT HALFTIME!

Old 07-20-2018, 11:54 PM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Hurriya (MDV) (3rd)
D: Hassan Shifaz/Moosa Hassan/Mohamed Yamin/Hushny Rasheed
M: Mohamed Visham/Adam Fazeeh/Ahmed Ibrahim

46 - Ahmed Ibrahim crosses into the box. Defender tries to clear it and it bounces off one of his own guys, falling at Farish Ibrahim's feet for the surprise score 1-0

54 - Nooman on for Yamin

62 - Ibad for Mohamed

84 - Oh look. ANOTHER GOD DAMNED BULLSHIT SET PIECE GOAL GIVEN UP 1-1

@ AYL (3rd)
M: Mohamed Visham/Ali Navaau/Abdulla Ibrahim

We've had over a month off, during which we played some friendlies and are now in 6th place. 11 games are done, 7 more left, and we've 4 points lead on the team behind us - a comfortable 7 ahead of the drop.

3 - Mohamed in the box, blanketed by two defenders. He centers to Farish Ibrahim and the shot's shoved aside. Visham kicks in the rebound, but the keeper *almost* managed to stop that one, too. 1-0

18 - Visham plays it down the left flank for Farish Ibrahim and the center to Mohamed is an easy 1v1 add-on. 2-0

31 - Navaau on the corner with to Hassan's head for the nod-on to Yamin's head, and the former AYL duo conspire to give the latter his first Red Line goal!!! Against their former club!!! 3-0

53 - Fazeeh for Navaau

With 6 games left, we're 5 points out of a playoff spot, 7 out of auto-promotion on one hand. On the other, we're 8 and 10 points clear of relegation. My guess is we finish somewhere between 4th and 6th (we're 5th right now), which wouldn't be bad at all, considering how many new faces we brought in at midseason and how many injury issues we had hit us early in the year.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:12 PM   #7
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Too many posts without changing clubs. You should probably start another dynasty now.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 04:34 AM   #8
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Too many posts without changing clubs. You should probably start another dynasty now.

Har har. :P

vs TC Sports (4th)

13 - Thanks for the own goal gift! 1-0

16 - HE WAS OFFSIDES ON THAT FREE KICK!!! WHAT THE FUCK?! 1-1

40 - Farish Ibrahim laterals right to Mohamed. Two defenders on him, but he doesn't care and cracks in the 25 yarder! 2-1

67 - Fazeeh for Navaau; Ibad for Farish Ibrahim

81 - Nooman for Yamin

86 - $%#$@%$!@#%$@#%^@%@ 2-2

92 - Mohamed charges in to steal a lazy header that was intended to go back to the keeper and slams in the late go-ahead goal!!!! 3-2

Anas Mohamed carried this team on his back with an 8.8 PotM. That's six games unbeaten, a new club record in this universe.

The youth pulls are assholes who think their shit doesn't stink, and are demanding way too much money, so they can go eat their own shit.

@ Gaamagu (10th)

5 - Ibrahim makes the defense looks silly, dribbling, shaking, and baking into the box until he crosses to Farish Ibrahim for the early score 1-0

50 - Ibrahim and Farish Ibrahim play footsie with the ball, little taps in the box until the former cracks a mid-range shot. Keeper stops it, but can't hang on, and Mohamed barges in like a rhino to put away the rebound. Man, I love that kid 2-0

68 - Fazeeh on for Navaau

84 - Nooman in for Hassan

88 - Lot of smart passing, and Ibrahim again wrecks the defender in the box. Tap to Fareesh and our assman is wiped out, but the ball rolls left, allowing Farish Ibrahim to sock away the win 3-0

7.0 or better for every single starter who began the game, with the 8+ guys Mohamed Farish Ibrahim (8.8 + PotM) and Ahmed Ibrahim with exactly 8.

I sign a one year contract extension giving me a payraise from $7k to $10.5k.

vs Vynasa (6th)
D: Ahmed Waheed/Moosa Hassan/Mohamed Yamin/Hushny Rasheed

Hassan Shifaz sure picked a shitty time to get called up by the national team. Right we're in the middle of a promotion chase.

35 - Adam sends the free kick into the box, and Irufaan beats out everyone for his first Devils score!!! In doing so, he beat the best keeper in the league IMO - a Ghanaian we keep trying to lure away to no avail 1-0

47 - I ripped into the strikers at halftime for shitty finishing. Waheed takes the backpass from Adam and cranks the high ball into the box. Farish Ibrahim out-jumps the defender and knocks the header down into space. He goes forward to trap and control it, then fires in a firm diagonal to put us up by two. 2-0

53 - Yamin shorts the free kick out to Ibrahim, who continues to dribble right past any comers. Two defenders wall him off, so he puts it into the box for Farish Ibrahim to nail down his second goal of the game and half. 3-0

76 - Suck a dick, cheater-ass post. Nooman for Hassan; Fazeeh for Navaau as we try not to blow this 3-1

Mohamed Farish Ibrahim takes home PotM honors with an 8.8, supported by Ali Adam's 7.7 and Mohamed Irufaan's 7.6. Big, big result here.

Bad news is that Mohamed Irufaan will miss the next game on yellows and we don't have anyone capable of playing the DM spot. It stinks because with 3 games left, we've a game in hand on the leaders and are just 2 points behind. We've already secured staying up and can't finish any worse than 6th.

vs Mecano (6th)

I've a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach about this game.

12 - Shifaz to Ali to Farish Ibrahim to Mohamed in the box for the dribble and score. Love seeing that 1st place flash up on the board. 1-0

56 - WHY DO WE KEEP GIVING UP THE FUCKING SET PIECE GOALS?! 1-1

62[ - Nooman for Hassan; Fazeeh for Ali

70 - Ibrahim dribbles out right, taking a defender with him, then hits a perfect send into the box, the ball right in front of Farish Ibrahim for the go-ahead score!!! 2-1

78 - Mohamed Hassan for tired Navaau

91 - Ibrahim counters a clearance header by knocking a header of his own to keep it in the box. Mohamed keeps it in the air by knocking it left with his head, and Farish Ibrahim locks down the game!!!! 3-1

PotM and 8.8 for Mohamed Farish Ibrahim, who has 10 goals on the year and proven to be exactly what I thought he'd be. His supports were Ahmed Ibrahim (7.9) and Anas Mohamed (7.6)

2 games left and we climb up into 1st place!!!!. The absolute worst we can finish now is 4th.

Gaamagu, that 1-10 favorites to win it all, just relegated. What an absolute disaster of a season for them.

@ United Victory (9th)
M: Ali Adam/Ali Navaau/Ahmed Ibrahim

Okay. So here's the breakdown: we're down in 3rd place, but the teams above us have played all their games, and because each of them got a draw and a win, we're 3 points behind with 2 matches in hand. Literally all we need to do is win one damned game, and we're going up for the first time since 2008.

60 - Let's switch to the 4-3-1-2 with Irufaan out for Fazeeh and Waheed in for Shifaz. We just had shit luck with two god damned shots that should have gone in somehow missing, and are on the corner.

63 - Navaau hits it right over the head of the defender and into Ibrahim's path. Cross, and shockingly enough, that's Adam's first-ever Red Line goal!!! 1-0

72 - Mohamed Hassan on for Navaau

74 - Mohamed gets wrecked, but Farish Ibrahim recovers the loose ball and plays it long. Pissed off, Mohamed blows up the defender, storms into the box, and fires in the insurance goal!!!! 2-0

Was it a pretty win? No, as Ali Adam's 7.5 PotM attests to, but we're up in 1st place!!! We relegated United Victory down, but it turns out we haven't clinched anything yet.

Why?

Goal Differential + Goals Score:
Us: +17, 35 goals scored
Hurriya (MDV): +15, 33 goals scored
AYL: +12, 30 goals scored

While it would take an absolute meltdown of catastrophic proportions to lose 0-6 and fall to 3rd, dropping to 2nd is still a very realistic proposition. All it would take is losing by 3 goals to make us +14 and forced into a playoff to go up.

Making it even tougher?

That would be both our starting wingers, one of our starting DCs, and our backup DL all out for the final match.

Given that, I don't give much of a shit about the 6 wins in a row being a team universe record.

vs Riverside (MDV) (4th)
D: Hassan Shifaz/Ahmed Nooman/Mohamed Yamin/Hushny Rasheed
M: Mohamed Visham/Ali Navaau/Abdulla Ibrahim

Everybody is fired up for this game. Our pre-game team talk went great, and they're all looking raring to go, knowing all we need is not to completely fall on our asses.

8 - Oh, you don't agree with that penalty, do you? Eat my hairy ass. Irufaan is selected to take the PK (I forgot to set my piece takers all season long), and he nails it!!! 1-0

9 - And there's the make-up call, because that fucker was way offsides 1-1

13 - Navaau hits an amazing longball into space for Mohamed. I don't know who the fuck he was centering it to, but the ball bounces off the defender's head with nobody around. Luckily Farish Ibrahim charges into the gap and somehow makes the toughest placed shot I've seen so far this season. 2-1

67 - THAT WAS NOT A GOD DAMNED PENALTY!!! YOU ALREADY GAVE THEM THE MAKEUP CALL, YOU STUPID SHITBIRD!!!! 2-2

81 - I'm so busy screaming at the ref, I don't see how much time has elapsed. I should sub guys in, but fuck it, it's not like we're going to give up 3 goals in 10 minutes.

85 - Rasheed plays it long to Mohamed in the box. Defender keeps bugging him like a nice guy who wears a fedora. Our striker keeps deflecting him like a hot chick until he nails the angled shot! Faith rewarded for not subbing, as he was one I would have taken out. THIS.IS.OURS!!!! 3-2

91 - Shifaz storms forward to absolutely jackhammer a longball down to the right across the whole bleeping pitch. Mohamed grabs it and drives. As the defender closes, he crosses to Farish Ibrahim. Defender comes over to glomp on to him, but the guy my staff hates, who I love because he fits my requirements in a striker, fights through the defender and another one who drifts over to help, striking the emphatic goal to guarantee we're not only going up, but we're walking out this bitch a winner! Fuck the refs, fuck the people who said we'd be relegated, WE THE DEVILS!!!!!! 4-2

On a night when our DCs were absolutely brutalized, it was my chosen strikers who shone as they have ever since they arrived. Mohamed Farish Ibrahim with a 9.0 PotM, Anan Mohamed his right-hand man with 8.1.

A recap of their acquisitions:

Quote:
Transfer In - ST Mohamed Farish Ibrahaim (22)
Had to shell out $20 P/A but he fits my ideal form - 11 Acceleration, 10 Pace, 11 Flair, with 10 Off the Ball and Dribbling, to say nothing of 11 Finishing. Needs a lot of work on his mental game yet, but we'll get there. Also needs to pump up his stamina.

Transfer In - ST Anas Mohamed (24) - From Hurriyya (MDV)
So we just stole a star striker and starting keeper from the same club. 11 First Touch, Heading, Decisions. 11 Acceleration, 10 Pace, 15 Flair combination. 14 Teamwork and 13 Work Rate. Add it all up and you have the perfect Defensive Forward more than worth the $40 P/A. Out with injury right now for a couple weeks, but he'll feature sooner rather than later.

This is sweet, sweet redemption for those near-misses I had to fight through with Fort Road.

This is everything.

Last edited by Izulde : 07-22-2018 at 04:35 AM.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:18 PM   #9
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

Congrats on the well earned promotion! You nearly turned that entire squad over.
thehitcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:07 AM   #10
Izulde
Head Coach

The accolades come pouring in:

What is this city, you ask? Male, the capital of Maldives - over 110,000 souls. One of the most densely populated places on Earth (next biggest city is 30,000+). Maldives is an interesting country - a scattering of islands that had a 1,400 year Buddhist period, but also was largely developed by a sultan and was a British protectorate. 100% of the population is Muslim (hence the names), as adherence to Islam is a requirement for citizenship.

That makes me wonder about foreign players - do they get an exception, or do they convert to get citizenship? And do they change their name?

Things to ponder. Judging from the tool tip, it looks like the standard 5 years for Maldivian citizenship, so I'll keep rolling with this and not jump ship to another team - I'm comfortable with what we're building here.

Transfer In - ST Hassan Athif (23) - From Thinadhoo
$20 P/A for 10 Dribbling, 11 Finishing, 10 Decisions, Off the Ball, Work Rate, and solid Physical attributes, including 11 Acceleration and Pace. He was a star player last season and will battle Mohamed Farish Ibrahim for a starting spot.

Player of the Year
Mohamed Farish Ibrahim runs away with the Player of the Year voting, 78% to Husny Rasheed's 14% (Really?) and Ahmed Ibrahim's 6%. Stunned Anas Mohamed didn't get votes.

Hurriya (MDV) also promoted up after winning the playoff.

As great as our talent poaching was last season, we need to do more of it if we hope to avoid relegation next season.

Our profits for the year are $7.85k with a $20k payroll to $18.45k gate receipts. The money will go up next season presumably in the top league, but I'd still like to control wages as much as possible.

Transfer In - MCR/AMR Ibrahim Ali (17) - From AYL
We're paying out an obscene $95 P/A for this kid with the 13 Acceleration and 12 Pace despite no other standout ratings because he's so well-rounded, whereas Ahmed Ibrahim is more great peaks and shitty valleys.

Oh, speaking of which...

Izulde Jestor Love
Ahmed Ibrahim

Red Line Love - Player
Mohamed Farish Ibrahim

Favored Personnel
Mohamed Farish Ibrahim - Player
Izulde Jestor - Manager

First time I've pulled that off in a single season.

The Maldives Dhivehi League jumps in the Asian competition rankings from 40th to 34th, which leads to this announcement:

Our $9.37k sponsorship cash is abominably low - [b]Riverside (MDV) topped the Second Division charts with $20k in dollars.

Despite our stunning promotion, we're still just 14th in the Maldivian club rankings, which is pretty shitty. No movement at all.

My pay goes up to $12k as a 15% promotion clause. Adam Fazeeh retires from playing soccer, but we ink him to a $3.5k one year deal to keep him on as assman. My other staff members get $100 more, and are making $550 this year.

Transfer In - DM/MC Mohamed Hassan (24) - From Mahibadhoo
He stunk at this level last year, but I'm still willing to pay $45 P/A for this guy - 11 First Touch, Tackling, and Technique, 13 Aggression and Teamwork, 11 Acceleration/10 Pace/10 Flair trio. I think he'll break out with us.

Transfer Out - DL/WBL Hassan Shifaz (27) - To Maziya - $7k contract
Devastating blow as we lose one of our top players and are hurting for backup options. This shit is just like when Mohamed Ibrahim left us last year, and we haven't been able to replace him at DR either, despite constantly looking.

Mohamed Yamin retains his captaincy while Ali Adam takes over as the new vice-captain.

Title Odds
Maziya: 1-3
New Radiant: 1-3
BG Sports: 7-4
Victory (MDV): 33-1
Red Line: 40-1
Valencia (MDV): 100-1

That's 5th out of 8 clubs. Yes, 8 clubs. We're going from an 18 game season to a 14 game one. Bottom team relegates and 7th place team is in a playoff for the right to stay. Champion goes to the qualifying round of the Asian Champions League, while 2nd place team goes to Asian Confederations Cup (the Asian version of Europa).

The board wants the following:
1) Top half finish in league (What are you smoking?!)
2) Quarterfinals of Maldivian FA Cup (Smoking x 2)
3) Presidents Cup (Group Stage only - finally something reasonable)

vs Victory (MDV)
D: Ahmed Waheed/Moosa Hassan/Mohamed Yamin/Hushny Rasheed
DM: Mohamed Hassan (the new guy, not the other Mohamed Hassan)
M: Mohamed Visham/Ali Navaau/Ibrahim Ali

3 new starters - 2 upgrades and 1 forced downgrade.

1 - We suck at set piece defending 0-1

51 - Nooman for Moosa Hassan, and Farish Ibrahim sits in favor of Athif

52 - We really need a new keeper 0-2

64 - Ali takes the wingout pass on the right and cracks a high steamer into the box. Athif arises and smashes in a debut header to give us a fighting chance 1-2

88 - Welp, that's the ball game 1-3

Pretty unlucky season opening loss, all things considered. We'll just have to keep plugging away and try to snatch some wins here and there as we're not a good enough reputation team to bring in any big guns.

Old 07-24-2018, 03:58 AM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitcat View Post
Congrats on the well earned promotion! You nearly turned that entire squad over.

Thanks. And yep! We'll probably have to do the same to have a hope of staying up - let alone the top half finish the board expects.

@ Maziya (8th)
DC: Mohamed Yamin/Hushny Rasheed/Moosa Hassan
M: Ali Adam/Ali Navaau/Ibrahim Ali

Trying a tweak because our FB situation is deplorable. Because we're so center heavy, exploiting the middle.

12 - Navaau goes left to Mohamed Hassan, away from the action. Left further to Adam who centers to Ibrahim for the score. 1-0

40 - Brilliant bulldoze of an opponent by Hassan to strip the ball. Buildup is slow on the counter until Hassan Ali taps it right to Ibrahim Ali for the short center to Mohamed outside the box. He finds a seam between two defenders to pass to all alone Ibrahim and his second goal sings home 2-0

49 - Adam intercepts a goal kick and plays it long down the left flank for Ibrahim to run down. Center into the box, and Mohamed has everyone beat to kick in a fierce shot 3-0

67 - Visham jogs on at MR to replace tired Ibrahim Ali

69 - Navaau is sent off with a red - idiot - so we drop Hassan Ali down to MC and sub in Irufaan at DM to stay fresh there.

Absolutely amazing result.

Anas Mohamed has increased in ability, which is great.

vs Hurriya (MDV) (7th)
DM: Mohamed Iruufan
M: Ali Adam/Mohamed Hassan (NG)/Ibrahim Ali

46 - We've been outclassing our fellow promotees, but haven't been able to break through. Finally, Ibrahim taps right to Hassan Ali for the safety outlet, then rushes in to the box to gather the return pass and fire in the game's first score shortly before half. 1-0

53 - Waheed and Nooman in for exhausted Yamin and Moosa Hassan respectively.

66 - I'm done watching Mohamed stink this game up. Out he goes for Athif and a striker switch.

73 - Hassan to Hassan Ali for the beautiful box feed to fresh-legged Athif. The score is sure and true, giving us vital insurance 2-0

Lots of low 7's, including a 7.1 off the bench by Hussain Athif. But the real star of the game was Hassan Ali, who put on a sterling 9.0 PotM of the outing.

@ BG Sports (7th)

35 - Adam kicks back to Navaau for the longball into the box. Ibrahim is forced to high kick the shot and needs help from the upper bar, but it slides in nonetheless. 1-0

54 - Hassan Ali intercepts a terrible pass out of a throw-in and kicks it to Mohamed in the box. He backs up to the half-circle and executes the turn-around shot for insurance!! 2-0

57 - Hassan Ali strips another bad pass and shoots it to Ibrahim on the left side of the pitch. Tap right to Adam for the center to Hassan Ali, whose shot is rejected. But running in to nail the rebound for his first Devils goal is Ibrahim Ali!!!! 3-0

66 - Irufaan subs in at DM

81 - Irufaan with the immediate impact as he intercepts a clearance outside the half-circle, steps right, and slams in the distance shot!!! 4-0

Not seen here: Mohamed Irufaan's 8.0 performance off the bench. There's games in hand and all that below us, but as of right now, we're in 2nd place on the back of our 3 game win streak following the adjustment in tactics. Would be awesome to get cup play in a season I thought we were earmarked for relegation.

And yes, that's the second straight PotM award for Hassan Ali. A quick reminder of his initial signing from last season:

Quote:
Transfer In - MCR/AMCR/ST Hassan Ali (16) - From New Radiant - Free Transfer
I see him as an AMC for his best position. 17 Flair, 15 Teamwork, 13 Work Rate are all great numbers and while we're stuck paying him bonuses as a youth player, by the time his new deal signs, we'll be paying a flat $40 P/A. More than I want to, but it is what it is. It's listed as the biggest transfer of the window, which is pretty cool.

He's suddenly red-hot and living up to that billing, which is weird because he's neither a natural fit for the AMC spot nor talented enough to be our top guy there, but he's making it work against all odds and is performing even more brilliantly in this stretch of three games than he did last season when he was great for us.

Even if it all falls apart as seems likely, I'm really proud of diagnosing this issue and homebrewing a tactic and strategy that has ripped off three straight wins after it looked like we were surefire drop candidates.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:25 AM   #12
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Valencia (MDV) (4th)

47 - Our shutout streak ends just before half on, what else? A frigging set piece 0-1

50 - Waheed and Nooman in for Yamin and Rasheed. Our whole team is exhausted for some reason and playing like ass.

Our play improved immensely in the second half, but we just couldn't break them down. Rough, unlucky loss there.

vs Eagles (MDV) (6th)

We crash to 4th after that loss and other games are made up. We're also having a hard time attracting people to the club on two fronts - 1) There's just not much talent out there that excites me, and 2) What there is available wants huge money we might be able to afford, but the board is capping me, even though we're printing money. We do have one signing coming in who is dirt cheap and a probable starter, but nothing like a wholesale swapout.

52 - Adam dribbles left in the box to draw two defenders on him and centers to Mohamed. Doesn't like his shot so he taps right to Ibrahim Ali. Shot's body-blocked by the defender, but Ibrahim Ali gets the rebound, dribbles through the maze three steps, and sends it in. 1-0

59 - The two Hassans go out, replaced by Irufaan and Nooman respectively.

70 - Athif subs in for Farish Ibrahim

83 - EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAME WE GIVE UP A GOD DAMNED MOTHERFUCKING SHITEATING CORNER KICK GOAL!!w! FUSCKGJSODGHASOHFASODFHASDOFHASOFGA 1-1

I look up strategies for defending corners and experiment with a wildly crazy new routine based on what I've read.

@ New Radiant (2nd)
AMC: Hussan Mohamed Fulhu

Looking a little tired is Hassan Ali, so he'll sit this one on the bench.

9 - No matter the set piece, we can't fucking stop that shit. Free kick this time 0-1

55 - Athif for Farish Ibrahim; Irufaan for Mohamed Hassan

90 - Wow, the evilness of that was effective as hell. Jagoff spiked Athif and happily took his red to deny the goal-scoring opportunity, and it worked. Assfarmer.

Another damned unlucky loss. I mean, sure New Radiant is a sixpeat champion of the league, but we really should have been able to at least tie.

10 points through 7 games doesn't feel too fucking hot.

On the other hand, there's this:

Adam Fazeeh stabs me in the back by taking the assman job with AYL. Asslicking traitor.

Oh, Ahmed Nooman was given a free transfer because he was unhappy about PT. Just before I was thinking about maybe starting him some more. *shrug*

The upside of the Fazeeh Betrayal is that it gets me off my butt to get the board to hire more coaches and look for a parent club, both of which they agree to.

Transfer In - MLC Ahmed Aiman (24) - From VB Sports
$50 P/A player looks like a considerable talent upgrade - 10 Passing, 12 Decisions, 14 Teamwork, 12 Work Rate, 11 Acceleration, Agility, and Pace. Plug-in starter.

Transfer In - ML/AML Ibrahim Saeed (17) - From Valencia (MDV)
Very raw prospect whose only noteworthy rating now is 13 Acceleration. He's getting tutored by Ali Adam and will also work on training on the right side.

Transfer In - DC Abdella Jailam (25)
Found this guy on the street and he only wanted $25 P/A. 10 Heading, 12 Aggression, 11 Pace, 12 Jumping Reach, and 11 Strength. Instantly becomes our best DC.

@ Victory (MDV) (2nd)
DC: Ahmed Waheed/Abdella Jailam/Moosa Hassan
M: Ali Adam/Ahmed Aiman/Ibrahim Ali

23 - Hey, thanks for that own goal! 1-0

39 - So.damned.frustrating. 1-1

53 - Aiman with the long, power free kick delivery into the box. It bounces off the back of one of our strikers and at Adam's feet for the score! Irufaan in at DM; Athif for Farish Ibrahim and he may take over that spot permanently. 2-1

62 - Yamin subs in for Waheed

63 - That was a bullshit bounce off the upper bar

Tense moments as our subs were all trash, but we walk out of here with the stunning upset on the back of Ali Adam's phenomenal 8.1 PotM performance.

Transfer In - GK Amdaan Rasheed (17) - From Valencia (MDV) - Free Transfer
12 Aerial Reach, 11 Handling, Reflexes, and 12 Agility. Kind of an asshole - insisted on his exact demands met - $50 P/A, $9 shutout bonus, $3 unused substitute fee, but sure kid. Whatever. High ceiling player who will start cup games (including the next one).

Transfer In - AMC/ST Abdulla Shiyam Hussain - From BG Sports - $1.5k transfer fee
I shelled out for this kid - 10 Finishing, 12 Technique and Teamwork, 11 Flair - at a team high $120 P/A because I think he can become special. 6'2, 174 lbs to Hassan Ali's 5'6, 141. ASH will take over as our AMC

Transfer In - GK Abdulla Ziyazan (29) - From Mahibadhoo
He only wanted $9 P/A with a $2 shutout bonus, but I threw $35 P/A to lock him down as time was running out before the deadline. 10 Aerial Reach, Command of Area, Kicking, and Reflexes; 13 Teamwork, 11 Work Rate, 12 Agility. His positioning kind of sucks, which is worrisome, but overall he's a pretty big talent upgrade. More importantly, he's a Spirited Individual who will take out the low Determination of Amdaan Rasheed.

FA Cup game next, and we're playing the guys we just beat. Yeah, we were lucky to come out on top, but we're also hosting at least one new starter, possibly two, to rock their world and give them more things to adjust to.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:00 AM   #13
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Victory (MDV) (FA Cup Quarterfinal)
G: Abdulla Ziyazan
AMC: Abdulla Shiyam Hussain

6 - Well that was weird. The opposing keeper comes way out of the box to the field of play, but backs off the ball. It continues rolling, allowing Farish Ibrahim to have a shot at the open net. It clanks off the post (naturally), but the goalie is slow getting back, and our leading scorer is able to put away his own rebound 1-0

28 - That looked offsides to me 1-1

35 - Their strikers are just too good for us. 1-2

40 - Mohamed Hassan passes to Farish Ibrahim and on the pass into box space, the keeper again comes out. Adam makes his pay for his continued foolish journeys 2-2

49 - Hussain is tired and has been shit in his debut, but he's able to outlet to Ali for the fabulous, loping box pass that hits Farish Ibrahim for his second score. That's still it for Hussain, as Hassan Ali comes in 3-2

54 - It's been a great game for Jailam, but he's tiring, so he leaves in favor of Yamin to stay fresh.

79 - Irufaan comes on for the phenomenal but exhausted Mohamed Hassan

82 - Shitty pass by Adam and despite doing everything on their top striker, he belts a hat trick goal in. FML 3-3

After a nothing extra time period, it's on to PKs and we're probably going to get crushed, because we have zero good penalty takers.

Mohamed sinks the first one... 1-0
I thought we might actually stop that, but nope... 1-1
A still fresh Irufaan puts his away with ease... 2-1
Their hat trick guy has no probs scoring ofc... 2-2
Ibrahim Ali somehow powered that through... 3-2
OMG!!! Ziyazan leaps up and stops that one!!!! 3-2
...And of course Adam's stupid ass compounds his meltdown pass with a PK right at the keeper 3-2
Healthy reserve = score 3-3
That's it. Farish Ibrahim's shot is blocked 3-3
But no! Ziyazan makes the save to keep us alive!!!! 3-3
Heh. Moosa Hassan has no leg. 3-3
Now this is just a run of really shitty PKers. It's all going down to luck 3-3
Hassan Ali is still relatively energetic, and he converts the power shot!!! 4-3
WTF?!?! It bounces off Ziyazan's hands and into the net!! 4-4
The keeper guesses wrong and Waheed keeps it down in empty net 5-4
Sigh. Close but no cigar 5-5
Aiman's shot is blocked 5-5
SUCH FUCKING BULLSHIT 5-6

I'm furious right now. So fucking PISSED!!!! We had that game and pissed it away. We're slapped with the Biggest Underachievers label, too. Go suck a printer, you stupid ass journalists. FAKE NEWS!

@ BG Sports (President's Cup - Group B)

So there's a few guys out with injury, including our new AMC. The President's Cup has a group stage of 3 games. Top 2 make it on to the Semi-final. We're not expected to get beyond here, even with as favorable a draw as we could have gotten.

3 - Adam gets the clearance and passes to Hassan Ali in the box. Doesn't like the wall, so back to Adam for the cross to Ibrahim Ali. Shot's blocked, but he puts away his own rebound 1-0

26 - Fuck that ball is impossible to see 1-1

29 - JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!! CAN NOBODY GOD DAMNED DEFEND OR BLOCK SHOTS ON THIS SHITTY FUCKING TEAM?! 1-2

52 - Aiman's corner sees the keeper come out and thrust up like an elephant holding a Loxodon Warhammer. Ball bounces off his hands and goes on a crazy, erratic trip that somehow ends up at Adam's feet for the score. Off are the two DCs not named Waheed and in are Rasheed and Yamin to try and not be terrible 2-2

75 - Irufaan for Mohamed Hassan

86 - Waheed finally makes a great defensive stop, hammering the ball down the middle of the pitch to Farish Ibrahim. He shoots it out into right space for Mohamed to run down. On the dribble and cross, Farish Ibrahim leaps above the defender and smacks the header in perfect position. 3-2

87 - YAMIN YOU STUPID FUCKING ASS!!! DON'T KICK THE BALL INTO THE BACK OF YOUR OWN FRIGGING TEAMMATE AND LET THEM GET THE FREE SCORE!!! JESUS H FUCKING ROOSELVELSGLHADOGASOFHASOFASDOFHASFA 3-3

vs Valencia (MDV) (4th) - Group B President's Cup
G: Amdaan Rasheed
DC: Husny Rasheed/Abdella Jailam/Moosa Hassan
AMC: Abdulla Shiyam Hussain

They had a 1-1 draw their first game, so nobody in this Group of Shit has won anything yet. Ahmed Waheed is out 3 weeks with a groin injury.

15 - Adam with the inspired tackle strip in our half, followed by the grab and booming kick down the left flank to Farish Ibrahim. He crosses back to Ibrahim Ali, who steps to the box boundary and fires the shot from downtown! The guys look really fired up for this one 1-0

23 - Of course NOW is when we give up a set piece goal. Whatever. 1-1

36 - Aiman picks up the clearance, rockets out right to Ibrahim Ali, and on the center, Mohamed *finally* snaps out of his forever drought. Hurriya (MDV) is busying destroying BG Sports 4-1 BTW. 2-1

47 - CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE FUCKING MAKE A STOP ON A FUCKING SET PIECE? FOR FUCKS' SASKES!!!!! 2-2

58 - Usual DC and DM subs. Not that it fucking matters or anything.

61 - Throw-in to the keeper, who has his own lazy throw that Mohamed darts forward to steal and slam in the go-ahead score. Not that it matters, because they'll just equalize on another damned corner 3-2

64 - Or, you know, just allow the immediate fucking answer 3-3

84 - Ibrahim Ali takes the cross in the box and sends it back over to Adam on the left side. Defender is putting up a hell of a battle, but Adam finally squirts back to Farish Ibrahim for the goal and let's see if we can actually go more than 3 fucking minutes without letting them equalize 4-3

9.0 PotM for Ibrahim Ali, 8.8 for Anas Mohamed, and 8.1 for Ali Adam.

vs Hurriyya (MDV) (2nd) - Group B President's Cup
G: Areef (by complete mistake)

We've already qualified for the knockout stages and are tentatively in 1st because Valencia (MDV) whipped BG Sports 5-1 and we just beat Valencia.

7 - My kingdom for defenders who don't suck ass 0-1

26 Jailam plays it long down the middle of the pitch to Mohamed's head. Farish Ibrahim drifts right and knocks in an inspired shot from the half-circle 1-1

54 - Mohamed Hassan wings out left to Adam and on the cross, Mohamed knocks in the header 2-1

57 - Jailam is off for Yamin and Navaau goes back in for the first time in a while, replacing Aiman. But not before they equalize of course 2-2

77 - Don't stop those. This team is gonna get an earful 2-3

87 - Of course Farish Ibrahim gets knocked out with injury. Ibad in

88 - Generous PK, but Mohamed will take that. 3-3

Mohamed Hassan will miss the next game with yellows. Mohamed Farish Ibrahim is out for just a couple weeks is all. We drop to 2nd, but whatever.

vs Maziya (President's Cup Semi-Final)
S: Hussain Athif/Anas Mohamed

10 - Gonna be one of those days already 0-1

50 - Switching to a 3-1-4-2 with Hassan Ali off and Navaau in as second MC

70 - Ibad is on for Athif

73 - Visham for Ibrahim Ali

89 - 0-2

92 - Rasheed scores his first Red Line goal on a corner, but too little way too damned late 1-2

Youth Signing - AMC/ST Abdulla Zubair (16) - $30 P/A
10 First Touch, 11 Technique, 10 Decisions, 16 Flair, 10 Pace. Might get a look as a starter.

Back to league play next game, and with 6 to play, we're 9 points up on the drop zone ([b]Hurriya (MDV) and BG Sports both have yet to win a game in the league this season) and 6 points out of 1st. Obviously New Radiant is in front and looks to continue their Mateo Kaspar-style dominance of capturing Dhivehi titles.

Oh, and Victory (MDV) won the President's Cup 3-1 in extra time, but that doesn't appear to come with a cash prize.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:33 AM   #14
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Valencia (MDV) (4th)
DM: Mohamed Hassan

Critical match here, as we're tied on points.

3 - Waheed plays it long into the box. Defender is there first, but his pass back to the keeper is soft and Ibrahim breaks it up, scoring his 10th goal of the season. 1-0

4 - Mohamed Hassan passes it to Ibrahim for the dribble into the box. A defender is on him and another comes over to help, but the second defender is too late to prevent the second score in 2 minutes. 2-0

20 - I need to not have Adam throw the ball in, ever. He's cost us way too many goals this season 2-1

43 - Whatever. 2-2

53 - Aiman is pulled. Mohamed Hassan moves up to MC and Irufaan comes in as the DM

54 - A hat trick given up to a dude we're all in on. Such horseshit 2-3

55 - Yamin for Waheed after they score AGAIN. 2-4

56 - Shitty cross by Adam after the isolation long ball as the defender knocks it away, but Mohamed in is position to put the rebound away anyway 3-4

I flip out after a journalist accuses me of throwing away points, so that I don't throw a water bottle at the smug jackass's head.

Ahmed Ibrahim cries out about being trained in his position, so I cut his ass. Abdulla Ziyazan and Amdaan Rasheed have a falling out, resulting in an end to tutoring. But that's okay, because Rasheed is now Spirited and his Determination moved up to a reasonable 6. He's also going to be the starter the rest of the season.

vs Maziya (4th)
DC: Mohamed Yamin/Abdella Jailam/Moosa Hassan
AMC: Abdulla Zubair

56 - Waheed for Yamin; Visham for Adam

58 - A fucking own goal by Rasheed. JFC. 0-1

69 - Zubair kicks back to Aiman for the long ball to Mohamed in the box. Defender glided past and equalizer in 1-1

74 - Mohammed Hassan intercepts the clearance and wings out to Ali. He dribbles and runs out of bounds at the touchline, but not before crossing and allowing fresh Visham to knock in the go-ahead header! 2-1

Ahmed Aiman with a 7.7 PotM, supported by 7.4s from Ibrahim Ali and Anas Mohamed - to say nothing of Mohamed Visham's 7.2 off the bench. We were very, very lucky to win this one.

@ Hurriyya (MDV) (7th)
DC: Mohamed Yamin/Abdella Jailam/Moosa Hassan

A win here and we can guarantee staying up, which has been my goal all season anyway, crackheaded media and board expectations of a 4th place finish aside.

35 - Sigh. 0-1

42 - Another fucking corner kick given up 0-2

56 - Waheed for Yamin

60 - Serious homecooking on that bullshit PK call on Jaiman. Of course they score 0-3

We acted like we had staying up in the bag already and promptly shit the bed against a team we should have whipped.

They've been shit the last couple games, but Ali Adam and Ibrahim Ali are named to the Dhivehi Team of the Month.

@ Eagles (MDV) (7th)
DC: Ahmed Waheed/Husny Rasheed/Moosa Hassan
M: Mohamed Visham/Ahmed Aiman/Abdulla Ibrahim
S: Mohamed Farish Ibrahim/Hassan Athif

Juggling the lineup to try and sort out my shitty backline. Both wingers are injured so that's why they're out, and my staff tells me Irufaan and Athif are better choices, so we'll try it.

54 - Yamin for Waheed; Mohamed for Ibrahim and striker switch

74 - Visham outlets back to Aiman and takes the return pass in the box. Dribble, tap to Athif, and we break through 1-0

Solid, if unspectacular win, Mohamed Visham taking PotM honors with a 7.9. That was a key 3 points against the 7th place team, because it guaranteed we're here for another season.

vs BG Sports (8th)
M: Mohamed Visham/Ahmed Aiman/Abdulla Ibrahim

The jackass opposing manager was very dismissive of our accomplishments in avoiding relegation, so I want to send him down right here. Not that there's much to play for, really - the best we can do is 3rd place and we'll finish either 3rd, 4th, or 5th.

34 - Abdulla Ibrahim is whistled for a completely unfair penalty and of course they convert 0-1

52 - Visham for Abdulla Ibrahim; Mohamed for Athif

84 - WHEN I TELL YOU FUCKSTAINS TO WORK ON DEFENDING SET PIECES, YOU FUCKING WORK ON DEFENDING SET PIECES 0-2

vs New Radiant (1st)
M: Mohamed Visham/Ahmed Aiman/Ibrahim Ali

Do I care about this match? Not really.

13 - Irufaan to Athif to Ali diagonal, our right wing in the box, dribbling until he pops a shot in 1-0

34 - Whatever 1-1

38 - Waheed intercepts the clearance and centers to Zubair in the half-circle. Pass to Ali, and there's his second goal 2-1

47 - A ton of defenders in the area, so Zubair grounds right across the pitch to Ali. Dribble and perfect pop ball into the box for Adam to pile in an insurance goal 3-1

58 - Yamin for Moosa Hassan and Mohamed Hassan for Aiman

PotM and 9.4 for Ibrahim Ali, 7.7 for Ali Adam, and 7.4 for Hussain Athif as we just upset the titans of Maldivian soccer!!!! In doing so, we crack the door open for Victory (MDV) to win the title and snap New Radiant's 5 year stranglehold on the league. And the Red & Yellow do it, capturing both the league title and the [b]President's Cup/b] for the double!

We get our own great end season news.

Awesome.

Mohamed Farish Ibrahim wins his second straight Team Player of the Year Award, 34% to Ali Adam's 28% and Ibrahim Ali's 24%.

Our defense needs a *lot* of work. Problem is, the country is lacking in quality defenders overall.

Beautiful on the other side of the pitch. Ibrahim Ali proved worth every single dollar of that $95 P/A we paid him and then some.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:28 AM   #15
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - GK Huzail Abdul Latheef (24) - From BG Sports
$100 P/A because I misread his statline and promised him First Team play. Oops. Oh well, it's a P/A deal so he just won't play.

Transfer In - DC/DM/MC Aiman Abdul Kareem (25) - From Eagles (MDV)
Physically, he's a disaster. But I'm paying him $55 P/A for his 11 Passing, 10 Tackling, 10 Composure, and 12 Decisions. Oh, and 12 First Touch. We may do some experimenting with a new formation next year, and I'm curious to see how he does.

Transfer In - ST Mohamed Riffath (19) - From United Victory
$35 P/A to convince him to leave the Second Division club. 10 Finishing and Heading, 10 Work Rate too. 13 Teamwork. Can use either foot. Physically not impressive, but I see enough here that he'll be in the mix for a starting spot.

Oh, by the way, I signed a contract extension paying me $13.75k a year. We also made $138.5k last season in profit, sending our bank balance through the roof. $159.1k of our income was gate receipts.

We shelled out a record $200 P/A to land this young man, stealing him from Eagles (MDV). He hasn't performed that well in the league, but I'm hopeful a fresh start will give him the incentive he needs.

I grab a much better assman. Attempts to find parent and feeder club both fail. The board AGAIN refuses to let me go on a coaching course. Then I browbeat them into paying $200k to upgrade our training facilities.

A bunch of people are salty after Mohamed Hassan is appointed captain, including vice-captain Ali Adam. Oh well. Get over it, y'all.

vs BG Sports
DC: Husny Rasheed/Hassan Shafiu/iMoosa Hassan
M: Ali Adam/Ahmed Aiman/Ali Navaau/Ibrahim Ali
S: Mohamed Riffath/Anas Mohamed

The 3-2-3-2 with 2 DMs had major problems in preseason and Aiman Abdul Kareem is out another month with injury, so we're going with the 3-1-4-2 DM setup today.

25 - Navaau rips the long free kick into the box and Riffath beats the defender for his debut goal!!! 1-0

Irufaan replaces the exhausted Mohamed Hassan at half.

59 - Jailam for Rasheed at DC

88 - Adam to Irufaan to Ibrahim Ali across the width of the pitch. Dribble and cross that fluke goals to lock down the victory 2-0

Ibrahim Ali gets an 8.0 PotM, continuing his strong form from last season. 7.8 for Ali Navaau and 7.5 for Ali Adam. Nice 7.0 off the bench for Mohamed Irufaan as well.

Good, solid season opener.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:08 AM   #16
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Maziya (6th)

62 - Irufaan for Navaau; Visham for Ibrahim Ali

72 - Farish Ibrahim for Mohamed and striker switch

We played well enough to win, but couldn't break through. They proceed to go on a 3 game win streak tear before our next match.

@ New Radiant (5th)

23 - Aiman hits the free kick into the box. Defender heads it back towards the keeper, but Riffath beats him to it and hits the angled shot behind him. Beautiful play 1-0

24 - Aiman taps off to Navaau for the pass forward to Ibrahim Ali in the box. Dribble and cross, where Adam turns on the afterburners to stroke the double salvo 2-0

31 - Can't stop those 2-1

64 - Hassan Ali for Navaau; Jailam for Moosa Hassan

66 - 2-2

69 - Yamin for Shafiu

That one was all because of Jailam's fuckup. He's off the playing list because he's been a massive disappointment his whole time here. We should have won that game.

vs Victory (MDV) (2nd)
DC: Husny Rasheed/Hassan Shafiu/Moosa Hassan
DM: Aiman Abdul Kareem

6 - Navaau's pass luckily skips past the defender and Riffath is able to get and play a beautiful box feed to Mohamed for the 1v1, finally breaking our most talented striker's drought 1-0

54 - Irufaan for Aiman; Yamin for Hassan

69 - Mohamed Hassan for Kareem

Ibrahim Ali is PotM again with a 7.6, but we played solidly overall, including a 7.1 by Amdaan Rasheed, who has rewarded my faith in him, star ratings be damned.

vs Thinhadoo (8th)
DM: Aiman Abdul Kareem

5 - Ali turns left and dribbles to the center of the pitch, tapping to Aiman for the boomer out left and Adam. Dribble and cross, and Mohamed has everyone beat for the score 1-0

55 - Navaau intercepts and boots it long for Riffath to run down and torch the keeper on the 1v1. Yamin comes in for Shafiu, who has been playing great, but is tired 2-0

68 - Waheed in for Rasheed

73 - Visham for Ali

81 - Ugh 2-1

91 - WHAT IS THIS FUCKING HORSESHIT?!?!?! 2-2

I AM NEVER SUBBING ANOTHER GOD DAMNED DC EVER FUCKING AGAIN!!!

THAT WAS THEIR FIRST FUCKING POINT OF THE SEASON

Oh and Anas Mohamed got hurt that game and is out a month. More bullshit.

OH FUCK YOU!!! NOW ALI ADAM IS OUT OVER A MONTH!!!

vs Maziya (1st)
M: Ahmed Aiman/Aiman Abdul Kareem/Ali Navaau/Ibrahim Ali
S: Mohamed Riffath/Abdulla Shiyam Hussain

3 - Gee ANOTHER GOD DAMNED CORNER KICK GOAL GIVEN UP 0-1

26 - Riffath shoots up and left to Aiman, whose center sees Hussain with the distance header to equalize for his first Red Line goal 1-1

38 - *smashing keyboard sounds* 1-2

44 - HEY SHIT REF! CALL THE FUCKING PK ON THAT BULLSHIT!

56 - A couple subs that don't matter cuz we'll lose anyone because this game bends us over and shoves its giant cpu dick up our asses any chance it gets

76 - Told you. 1-3

vs Valencia (MDV) (5th)

DC: Husny Rasheed/Mohamed Yamin/Abdulla Jailam
M: Ibrahim Saeed/Aiman Abdul Kareem/Ali Navaau/Mohamed Visham

Injuries and international callups completely screw over our lineup. Oh and we're on short fucking rest, so are starting tired dudes. HERE COMES ANOTHER LOSS.

Mohamed Farish Ibrahm for Hussain and Hassan Ali for Navaau at half.

55 - Saeed sends the ball into the box on a free kick, and Riffath breaks free for the score. 1-0

Ibrahim Saeed, who had a phenomenal mentorship with Ali Adam, takes home PotM with a 7.8 in an ugly, ugly game. 7.0 for Amdaan Rasheed

Ibrahim Ifrah Areef is given a free transfer which is fine.

We're halfway through the season, the table appearing like this:

Victory (MDV)'s 5 player spending spree is indeed paying off. Sure would be nice to get some of those top players. Just saying.

Old 07-28-2018, 07:33 PM   #17
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
81 - Ugh 2-1

91 - WHAT IS THIS FUCKING HORSESHIT?!?!?! 2-2

I AM NEVER SUBBING ANOTHER GOD DAMNED DC EVER FUCKING AGAIN!!!

THAT WAS THEIR FIRST FUCKING POINT OF THE SEASON

Oh and Anas Mohamed got hurt that game and is out a month. More bullshit.

OH FUCK YOU!!! NOW ALI ADAM IS OUT OVER A MONTH!!!

These are the times that try men's souls. Also like the part where you guaranteed a lose pre-match, then posted a clean sheet and could only comment on how ugly the game was.

Keep up the good never bashing your head into the wall just once!

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 07-28-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:32 AM   #18
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
These are the times that try men's souls. Also like the part where you guaranteed a lose pre-match, then posted a clean sheet and could only comment on how ugly the game was.

Keep up the good never bashing your head into the wall just once!

Well, it was ugly. :P

@ Hurriya (MDV) (7th)
DC: Husny Rasheed/Hassan Shafiu/Mohamed Yamin
M: Ibrahim Saeed/Aiman Abdul Kareem/Ali Navaau/Ibrahim Ali

17 - Amdaan Rasheed takes the backpass and goes out to blast the kick downfield to Kareem. He wings right to Ali for the rainbow in the box to Riffath and his 5th goal of the year 1-0

22 - Tell your defenders to close down a guy. They don't close him down. FFS 1-1

34 - Shafiu own goals it like he was paid off. WE'RE ALREADY PAYING YOU $200 A MATCH, ASSHOLE! 1-2

40 - Whatever 1-3

46 - .... 1-4

61 - The amount of bullshit is too damn high 1-5

We sign a keeper and a DC I won't profile because I'm starting to pack my bags. Going out is Amdaan Rasheed, who flees to AYL. Ungrateful little dick. I gave you an opportunity when no one else would! Abdulla Shiyam Hussain also leaves, for Eagles (MDV).

Our training facilities are now complete, going from Poor to Basic, which makes us best in the country. And we're still printing money - just $54.1k in the red, despite laying out $200k in training facilities improvements.

[b]@ BG Sports (7th)
G: Mohamed Ibrahim
DC: Husny Rasheed/Hassan Shafiu/Karam Mohamed

Mohamed Riffath is out a couple weeks.

28 - Mohamed Hassan rushes in to intercept and plays it long to Ibrahim for the 1v1 score 1-0

42 - Oh, look. A bullshit fluke goal 1-1

48 - Navaau's little pop ball to Ali in the box and he dribbles to the touchline before soft, short kicking to Mohamed for the way angry strike 2-1

62 - Aiman intercepts the clearance, hits wide left to Adam and on the ground cross, Ibrahim is wiped out by the defense. but Mohamed is there to put the roller away 3-1

71 - Mohamed Hassan wants off, so in comes Irufaan. Also coming in is Kareem for Aiman

8.8 PotM for Anas Mohamed, 8.4 for Mohamed Hassan and 7.6 for Ibrahim Ali. Strong performance all around - the best we've had in a while, and a great debut for our new DC and keeper.

@ Thinhadoo (8th)

47 - Ibrahim cracks the free kick into the box, Husny Rasheed rising up to head in his first goal of the year 1-0

60 - *teeth grit* 1-1

64 - Hassan Ali for Mohamed; Irufaan for Mohamed Hassan

We get a new $24k sponsorship deal for a season, which is cool.

vs BG Sports (FA Cup Quarterfinal)

34 - Ibrahim out with injury; Riffath just back from his own injury on. BTW we're facing off against Ziyazan today

57 - Been a rough day for Ali, but here he takes the short pass after Mohamed Hassan's strip and steal, shooting a 25 yarder down the pitch that Mohamed gets and dribbles into the box. Two defenders on him, so he laterals in the gap to all-alone Riffath and finally we beat our old keeper 1-0

64 - SMFH. Waheed for Rasheed after that trash 1-1

80 - Irufaan for Mohamed Hassan

108 - ARE YOU SDFJSDFOSJDASFJDOASDJFASFHASFHASHDFSAHWEHWEARHOWEE WE WERE OUTPLAYING THE BASTARDS!!!! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU BRAINFUCKING FARTING AROUND OUT THERE DEFENSE?! 1-2

President's Club
We draw a Group of Death, go up 1-0 on both Maziya and New Radiant, blow them to drop 1-2 and 1-1 respectively before 2-2 draw against [b]Victory (MDV). We finish a respectable 3rd and then I'm off to another country.

Old 07-31-2018, 03:54 AM   #19
Izulde
Head Coach

So I go from a club that was making bank to one that's in serious financial trouble. Their gate receipts were a little over $12k, yet their bankroll is $250k.

Everyone on this club is making $8k a year, so the first thing we're going to do is transfer list everyone above a $1k value. ...Well, shit. $8k is the minimum salary. Lesson learned.

Long story short, we bring in a shit ton of guys on loan that I'm not going to break down because that'd take forever.

The one we signed outright:

DLR Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage (19) (Sri Lankan)
13 Flair and 12 Acceleration. I signed him for $8.5k for a season. He's really unhappy I'm having him learn new positions, but buttercup will just have to suck it up. He's ideally suited to ML IMO.

@ Ha Noi FC
G: Dao Chi Chong
D: Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage/Nguyen Van Tuan /Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Truang Anh Tuan
M: Grey/Tang Ngoc Anh/Nguyen Van Phong/Grey
AMC: Dang Anh Truan
ST: Nguyen Van Tien

8 - We draw the PK and can't convert because I'm dumb and forgot to set it, so some grey guy kicks it right at the keeper

14 - Grey right winger dribbles down the flank and short crosses to Van Tien, who despite the Mexican standoff with three defenders gets the debut shot in!!!! 1-0

29 - Anh Tuan passes down the right flank to grey MR for the box feed to Van Tien. He's had a couple shots got robbed by the post, but not this one! 2-0

38 - Van Phong passes to the Grey ML who is tackled as the ball comes in, but grey guy gamely tackles the ball into the box, whereupon Van Tien beats everyone for the first half debut hat trick!!!!! 3-0

41 - How the FUCK do you allow a red energy guy to score on you?! 3-1

At half, Tran Hoang takes a seat, Welgamage shifts to DR, Nguyen Van Phuc comes in at DL

9.5 and PotM for Nguyen Van Tien obvs, 9.0 for grey guy MR (for some reason, MRs always look amazing in my setups), and 7.5 for Tang Ngoc Anh.

It was a stunning upset of a heavily favored club, perhaps giving truth to the notion that despite my scorched earth tactics, the board isn't crazy to demand a top-half finish.

Shit. I just realized I screwed up. I thought the max was 3 foreign players (I have a couple more coming in). Turns out it's 2. Well, shit. I'll have to dump off the expensive one with the $12k salary.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:18 AM   #20
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Nam Dinh (3rd)
D: Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage/Nguyen Van Tuan /Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Truang Anh Tuan
ST: Grey/Nguyen Van Tien

Our starting AMC is missing this game with a dead leg, so flat 4-4-2. We also have an injured starting striker who is missing the first few games of this 18 match league season.

20 - Gee corner kick goal given up. How unoriginal 0-1

28 - Van Phong has it outside the half circle and delivers it to random grey MR in the box. Tap off to Van Tien and the yellow carded defender hilariously pounces and misses. Dribble past and high kick up into the roof of the net = equalizer 1-1

Same Welgamage to DR, Van Phuc at DL at half as before. Really starting to hate Tran Hoang.

55 - Grey guys come on at MC and ST

78 - A series of grey guy passes results in Grey ML scoring the go ahead goal! 2-1

82 - Van Tien waves off the grey MR in running down an outlet pass right into the box. Center, and grey guy ST strokes the insurance!!! 3-1

Nguyen Van Tien wins his second straight PotM with an 8.4, and the grey guys were l-i-t LIT!

@ Viettel (9th)
D: Nguyen Van Phuc/Nguyen Van Tuan /Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Truang Anh Tuan
AMC: Dang Anh Tuan

There's a ton of match congestion in our fixtures, which is bullshit.

Van Tuan is hurt and is playing badly, so he's out for a grey guy at half.

57 - Grey guy for Van Tien, which is heresy I know, but he's tired and shitty

88 - Ohhhhhhh..... FUCK YOU! GIVING UP A FREE KICK GOAL AT THE VERY LAST SECOND!!!! 0-1

That was a prime opportunity to consolidate our improbable 1st place position.

vs Phu Yen (5th)
D: Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage/Grey/Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Truang Anh Tuan

5-3-1-1 at half, grey guy in for Ngoc Anh

62 - Bui Quang The make his first appearance, replacing Van Tien and grey guy for grey guy at MR

A draw, but we still drop to 3rd.

@ Ca Mau (2nd)
D: Nguyen Van Phuc/Nguyen Van Tuan/Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage

44 - THAT CROSSED THE GOD DAMNED LINE!!! I WANT A REPLAY ON THAT SHIT!!!!

57 - Switching to a 4-4-2, Anh Tuan off for The and Welgamage to DL, Anh Tuan coming in at DR

Transfer window opens up. We'll just have to keep dredging the loan list. We're somehow in 2nd place despite all our draws and general inability to find the net.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:05 AM   #21
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Khanh Hoa (7th)
D: Nguyen Van Phuc/Nguyen Van Tuan/Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Truong Ahn Tuan

At half, grey guy for Van Tuan and we switch to a 4-3-1-2, with The replacing Ngoc Anh

We bring in a couple more loan guys who I won't go into detail on because right now, we're just trying to get bodies.

@ Mancons SG (10th)
D: Le Phuong Nam/Nguyen Van Tuan/Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Truong Anh Tuan
M: Bui Anh Tuan/Tang Ngoc Anh/Nguyen Van Phong/Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage
ST: Bui Quang The

At half, Bui Anh Tuan becoming a shadow striker and injured Van Phong out with Dang Anh Tuan moving to MC. Also off is The for Van Tien. Grey guy in at ML

55 - Anh Tuan gets the ball on the right side, as our backline goes center-right deep in our half. Long pass to Welgamage, who just started training MR after I realized he's naturally right-footed (still mad about training new positions) and is one red bar. But he dribbles past the defenders in his way and hits the ball into the box, where Dang Anh Tuan scores his first goal for us and we finally break our matches long inability to put it in the nets! 1-0

[b]Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage[b] wins PotM with a 7.2 and the Sri Lankan, despite everything - including hate by my staff and his own unhappiness - continues to quietly impress me.

Transfer In - ST Andrew Keen (18) (American)
We're shelling out $12k in money for this 13 Finishing, 11 Heading, Composure, Work Rate fellow US native. He's from Norman (OK) and the high school graduate is thrilled to play here in Viet Nam (though he's unhappy about fitness coaching like everyone else). Luckily, Truong Anh Tuan is fluent in English, so he'll help facilitate things.

We also loan in another striker, so suddenly we're looking at switching to a 4-3-3 Narrow. Our Sri Lankan leaves off his MR training to focus on DR so he's Natural at DL, Accomplished at DR, and Awkward at ML.

vs Hai Phong (National Cup Second Round)
D: Le Phuong Nam/Nguyen Van Tuan/Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage
M: Tang Ngoc Anh/Dang Anh Tuan/Nguyen Van Phong
ST: Do Van Hau/Bui Quang The/Andrew Keen

12 - No one expects us to win here - this is a top tier league team 0-1

32 - Ngoc Anh boots a long ball right and forward to hit Keen in the box. He crosses and Van Hau *finally* gets a debut goal in after missing two easy attempts 1-1

[b]37[/b - Just shitty defense 1-2

38 - Van Phong's free kick is blocked by the wall, but he gets his rebound passes to The in the half-circle, who *finally* gets his first Binh Phuoc goal 2-2

47 - Utter horseshit PK. Even the announcers said so 2-3

48 - THAT WAS OFFSIDES!!!!! 2-4

49 - Both DCs are replaced by out of position guys because it literally can't get any worse

74 - We're just nowhere near the standard 2-5

AND OF COURSE THE FA IS SILENT! FUCKERS! Not that we had any real chance of winning.

Oh well. Back to the league we go, where we're in 2nd place on GD and a full 9 points on the last place team in the division. Time to see if our 4-3-3 Narrow can shake things up or if it'll be the implosion that dooms me.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:11 AM   #22
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Dak Lak (7th)
D: Le Phuong Nam/Nguyen Van Tuan/Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage

53 - Van Tien for Keen; Nguyen Van Vinh for Dang Anh Tuan

66 - Surprised we gave up a set piece goal? Me either 0-1

78 - Van Vinh taps the free kick right to Welgamage who dribbles and puts it to Van Tien in the box. Dribble and shot, and will anyone ever score for us besides him? 1-1

82 - HEY YOU OLD SHIT SCAB DC! YOU SEE THE BALL?! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO FUCKING GO GET IT, YOU DOUCHENOZZLE!!!! 1-2

89 - And to cap it all off, giving up a last second PK 1-3

vs CA NHan Duan (8th)

11 - Keen long balls it on the counter to hit The with only the keeper to beat. He converts just inside the box, and so far my fellow American has been a very expensive assist man 1-0

27 - Ngoc Anh passes it down the left flank to Van Hau for the box feed to The, who suddenly is looking great 2-0

53 - Van Tien for Van Hau and Dang Anh Tuan sits in favor of Van Vinh

60 - Van Vinh's corner finds The's head for the hat trick!!!! 3-0

Our first complete team win since I've come to Vietnam. Halfway through the season we're in 3rd place, a point behind the 2nd place promotion playoff spot - 7 points behind the auto-promotion spot.

vs Ha Noi FC (9th)
M: Nguyen Van Vinh/Dang Anh Tuan/Nguyen Van Phong
ST: Do Van Hau/Andrew Keen/Nguyen Van Tien

7 - Nhut charges to strip the ball at midfield and his long ball finds Van Hau in the box. There's two defenders, but by the time they organize themselves, the ball is already rolling into the net 1-0

22 - Bleh 1-1

38 - Keen crosses to Van Hau for the box feed to Van Phong who has a wide open shot and scores his first Binh Phuoc goal!!! 2-1

60 - THAT WAS NOT A GOD DAMNED PENALTY!!! 2-2

We got royally screwed over, but what else is new?

@ Nam Dinh (1st)

2 days after the last match where the refs hosed us, we play the #1 team in the league. You can already see where this bullshit is going.

35 - Nam hits the corner. Defender kicks it away, but Dang Anh Tuan puts it away. First time we've scored off a corner, I think 1-0

Van Tien for Van Hau; Van Vinh for Van Phong at half.

66 - HANG ON TO THE FUCKING BALL YOU DIPSTICK KEEPER!!! 1-1

So like, thanks to getting fucked over repeatedly, we're now well out of playoff position.

vs Viettel (7th)
D: Le Phuong Nam/Nguyen Van Tuan/Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Truong Ahn Tuan

49 - Grey guy for NVT; Van Tien for Van Hau

65 - FINALLY! Ngoc Anh blasts it down the pitch to Van Tien and three defenders on him, so he lays off to Keen and my compatriot FINALLY FUCKING SCORES HIS FIRST GOAL. JHRC. They're crying about it being offsides. Hey Viettel, tell me how my ass taste 1-0

86 - MISS ME WITH THAT FUCKIAHOSGAHSGIOHAI9U4T4789FG38FG478G587G873FGT57834TF8346TF54TRUIG47TGF3 1-1

MY SRI LANKAN GUY GOT HURT BEFORE THIS GAME AND HIS SHITSTAIN FUCKING REPLACEMENT FUCKING HAS FUCKING 5.6 IN ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT FUCKING GAMES OF THE YEAR!

Old 08-04-2018, 12:52 AM   #23
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Phu Yen (2nd)
D: Le Phuong Nam/Nguyen Van Tuan/Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Truong Ahn Tuan /Dang Anh Tuan/Nguyen Van Phong
ST: Do Van Hau/Andrew Keen/Nguyen Van Tien

14 - *eyeroll* 0-1

We make a couple subs that don't matter at half.

67 - Van Vinh hits the corner to Van Phong and it's headed right towards Van Tien. Defender rejects this one, but Keen nails the rebound 1-0

Youth Pull Signings
GK Nguyen Thanh Phong (16) - Through 2021
12 Handling, 10 Reflexes, 11 Determination, 13 Agility.

D/WBL Hoang Cong Thanh (16) - Through 2022
15 Leadership, 13 Work Rate

D/WBL Nguyen Van Dong (16) - Through 2022
13 Acceleration, 11 Flair, 12 Work Rate

MC Do Ngoc Tien (16) - Through 2022
10 First Touch, 12 Free Kicks, 10 Passing, 12 Leadership

M/AML Ho Huu Thang (16) - Through 2021
14 Acceleration, 12 Pace, 15 Flair, 13 Teamwork. My new star winger once he's eligible to be registered.

AMC Bui Thanh Tu (16) - Through 2022
11 Free Kicks and Technique, 10 Flair and Vision, 11 Work Rate

ST Nguyen Van Quan (16) - Through 2022
13 Finishing, 16 Teamwork, 12 Work Rate, 11 Acceleration, 12 Balance.

That's 7 guys signed at 4.3k a year, or 30.1 total payroll. If we ditch everyone else on the roster right now, that's 53.5k gone, or a 23.4k difference - room enough to keep a couple dudes around.

Unfortunately, the registration window is closed so I can't put any of these guys in yet.

vs Ca Mau (7th)
M: Nguyen Van Vinh/Dang Anh Tuan/Nguyen Van Phong

38 seconds - Van Hau runs down a longball, short dribbles, and centers to The, who has really flourished since we switched to the 4-3-3 Narrow. 1-0

8 - Van Hau plays it long into box space and Keen runs it down. Three defenders start to converge, but they're too late, as he rocks the power shot in 2-0

59 - Phuong Nam switches to DR, Van Phuc coming at DL. Off goes Van Phong for Ngoc Anh

64 - Phuong Nam intercepts, passes to Ngoc Anh and there's the long ball down the right flank that Keen grabs, dribbles into the box, continues cutting left, and fires in his second score 3-0

8.8 PotM for Andrew Keen, 8.1 for Bui Quang The and 7.5 for our ancient DC of the 4 names. Good, solid win, though it should have been by even more.

Thanks to all the youth signings, we lost $3.84k last month, our biggest drop of the season. With another American coming in the offseason, I think it's safe to say Andrew Keen will play somewhere else next year. He's just too expensive.

@ Khanh Hoa (3rd)

Big match here. 4 games left and we're a point behind them, 2 points behind the playoff spot.

24 - Van Phong has acres of space, so he plays it up and to the right a bit to Keen for the cross and Van Hau storms in to sock it away 1-0

41 - Van Phong on the corner to Van Tuan and there's his first goal for Binh Phuoc!!! 2-0

54 - Phuong Nam switches to DR; Van Phuc on at DL. Van Vinh takes over for Dang Anh Tuan at BWM after they score. Yep, we've seen this movie before 2-1

58 - FUCK YOU!!!!!!!! 2-2

91 - Phuong Nam, largely responsible for giving up the two goals, plays it to injured The just outside the half circle. He taps slightly left to Van Hau and the miracle strike sings into the upper corner of the net!!!! 3-2

93 - YOU FUCKING SHITSTAIN PHUONG NAM1!!! YHOUOTHAWOFGHWEGHA ATHROWIN RIAGH TASOHTOASHFOAS FUCKING OFOFENSES SDFNASDOHGASOHOASO 3-3

TWO FUFKING MINUTSw!!! FUCKED AGAIN!!! CONSTALYT FUCKINGED OUTDVER FUCK THIS GHSGAHAFOGHOAGHOASHGOA!!!!!

Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage signs a one year contract extension for a $500 raise - now making $9k next season.

vs Mancons SG (10th)
ST: Do Van Hau/Andrew Keen/Nugyen Van Tien

Bui Quang The is out for 3 weeks with injury, so pretty much the rest of the year.

44 - We're awarded a PK and Keen converts easily. You know, if we move up, we can have a third foreign player... 1-0

54 - Van Vinh for DAT

65 - He's not fully back to training speed, but Welgamage is in at DL. I just don't trust that other fucker anymore after his 5.6 last game.

Thoroughly unimpressive win, but we'll take the 3 points.

Nam Dinh officially clinches the league title with 2 games left. We're 2 points behind second place, so need some help, but can get there. Our win also officially relegated Mancons SG.

@ Dak Lak (7th)
D: Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage/Nguyen Van Tuan/Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Truong Ahn Tuan

7 - JFC 0-1

9 - Truong Ahn Tuan's corner is to Nguyen Van Tuan. That's defended off. Dang Anh Tuan tries a shot. Nope. But Van Tien is there to crack in the equalizer on our third attempt. 1-1

13 - Dang Anh Tuan passes in the middle to Tang Ngoc Anh. The groundball rolls past a lot of people into the box, until Van Tien makes a football move and puts it away 2-1

18 - Truong Ahn Tuan hits the skimmer in the air, low and hot. Keen knocks the header in the box right to Van Tien. Cross and Van Hau *just* puts it past the keeper, who did an amazing job trying to recover, and almost did. 3-1

39 - LOOK, YOU SHITTY ASS FUCKING GOALIE - WHEN YOU KICK THE FUCKING BALL AFTER A MAKING A GODDD DAMN STOP YOU DON'T GIVE IT RIGHT BACK TO THE OPPONENTS 3-2

50 - Welgamage to DR and Van Phuc in at DL. Grey guy in for Nguyen Van Tuan

Nguyen Van Tien is the obvious PotM at 9.0, with Tang Ngoc Anh his main support at 7.4

We're in 2nd place on Goal Differential.

It all comes down to the last match of the season. I'll have met my board and the media's unrealistic fucking expectations, because we'll be 4th at worst, but Artemis damn it, I want my frigging shot at promoting up where we can bathe in top league cash and try to get out of this hellhole of debt.

Old 08-04-2018, 03:58 AM   #24
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
MY SRI LANKAN GUY GOT HURT BEFORE THIS GAME AND HIS SHITSTAIN FUCKING REPLACEMENT FUCKING HAS FUCKING 5.6 IN ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT FUCKING GAMES OF THE YEAR!

Guess you need to hire Karl 'First of His Name' Kaspar as your real replacement. Everyone knows Sri Lankans are legends and can't truly be replaced …

Quote:
YOU SHITTY ASS FUCKING GOALIE - WHEN YOU KICK THE FUCKING BALL AFTER A MAKING A GODDD DAMN STOP YOU DON'T GIVE IT RIGHT BACK TO THE OPPONENTS 3-2

In a low-level FM game? Who are you kidding?!? I think there's a stipulation in their contract that they HAVE to do that. It's right by the 'make sure you allow a deep cross from near midfield to go in every single promotion playoff final' clause.

Quote:
93 - YOU FUCKING SHITSTAIN PHUONG NAM1!!! YHOUOTHAWOFGHWEGHA ATHROWIN RIAGH TASOHTOASHFOAS FUCKING OFOFENSES SDFNASDOHGASOHOASO 3-3

TWO FUFKING MINUTSw!!! FUCKED AGAIN!!! CONSTALYT FUCKINGED OUTDVER FUCK THIS GHSGAHAFOGHOAGHOASHGOA!!!!!

For some moments in life there are no words. No this isn't a Mastercard commercial - for these moments you simply make up your own. Or gargle incoherently. I'm not sure which - it's brilliant in either case.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 08-04-2018 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:35 PM   #25
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We're having such hard luck attracting people that I propose a Trial Day and the board agrees! (Probably because they felt bad about rejecting my parent club request).

I'm glad I remembered seeing this ... otherwise I might have gotten a bit of a complex when my bottom feeding UK club got zero applications when posting for a Director of Youth.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:35 PM   #26
Izulde
Head Coach

@ CA Nahn Dan (6th)
D: Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage/Nguyen Van Tuan/Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Truong Ahn Tuan

We get a road game. The team just -1 GD behind us gets a home game against the 7th place squad. 4th place team? Home game against the 5th team. So yeah, we get the shitty end of the stick as per usual.

29 - FUCK YOU POST!

39 - !!!!!@#$@$%!%%#$%!%!%! 0-1

41 - Van Phong taps right to DAT for the forward ball to Van Hau. Box feed to Keen and we strike back immediately 1-1

49 - We replace our FBs with Van Phuc and Fuckboi. I sure as shit hope that's the right decision.

60 - Van Vinh for Van Phong who has been total shit today

71 - i am going to smahogasofghgo9aw smfy uicksngolafhos keyboasufasdfnodhgwoghera 1-2

77 - Van Tien centers to Keen and the ball's kicked away, but Van Vinh atones for his earlier fucking stupidity kicking the god damn ball right into two defenders by putting away the equalizer 2-2

82 - FUCK! THE HOME TEAMS JUST SCORED! FUCK YOU SCHEDULERS!!!!

UTTER HORSESHIT YET AGAIN! WHOLE FUCKING SEASON IS A GOD DAMNED FUCKING WASTE!!!!

I'm so pissed at the loss and so tired of dealing with a team that lags far behind everyone else in resources and talent that I say fuck it and apply to a job my name is linked to - a very prestigious club in the division. ...Only that's not where I end up going, because I accept another offer instead that comes in sooner and has less pressure to live up to a reputation.

Ca Mau FC
They're based in Ca Mau, a city of 260k+ in the Mekong Delta region known for its Khmer temples, proximity to a mangrove famous for swamp cuisine, and for its amazing hotel restaurants. In short, you're not going to lack for allegedly great places to eat here.

As you can see, the club itself is largely a mid-tier squad and ranks 30th in Vietnam, ironically just behind Binh Phuoc, my old club that shot up the rakings.

I try to get Andrew Keen, but my old team wants $53k. Considering Ca Mau is financially stressed (they just took out a $250k loan and lost just shy of $100k last year, that's a nope).

I accept a couple above value transfer offers to clear the books some more, and a bunch more players left when their contracts expired shortly after I arrived. That's resulted in slashing the payroll from $231k to around $140k. Gate receipts last season totaled $35.5k, so we've still a long way to go before we can get there.

Loan In - MC Dang Anh Tuan (18) - From Dong Nai
You already know who this is - he starred for Binh Phuoc last season, and he's coming to Ca Mau to take over the same role in the same formation.

Transfer In - ST Do Van Hau (18) - Free agent signing - $11k
Yeah, we had to splash the cash, but 12 Finishing, 11 Work Rate, 11 Acceleration, 13 Pace, 14 Flair combo - oh and yes, he was the loanee who was so phenomenal for Binh Phuoc last year.

Transfer In - ST Selemani Ntibazonakiza (21) (Burundian)

Yes, that's a ridiculous amount of money. Yes, it makes him the highest paid player in the league next to Andrew Keen, who's making $17.5k after signing another contract (there's a few guys who are making $15k and $16.5k on other teams). But he's indisputably amazing and V-League 1 quality right now.

My captain and vice-captain don't really matter, because they'll change next year.

We sell 648 season tickets, two shy of last year's 650.

Qualifications Update
V-League 1: Asian Champions League Group Stage: 1 place; Asian Champions League Second Preliminary Round: 2 places

Vietnamese soccer is on the rise, y'all. They've never made the World Cup, but made the Asian Cup Quarterfinals in 2007 and have been very successful in the Asian Championship, regularly advancing deep.

Gross. One of our youth players signed a disgusting incentive-laden deal before I got here. He's going bye ASAP.

The shitty part about being in South Vietnam is that there's no one who's willing to come play here in friendlies except for one crappy team, so we have to rotate a 3 week cycle between U-21, U-19, and crappy team in a long, long, long preseason.

Promotion Odds
At 80-1, we don't even make the sheet. We're projected to finish 7th, with Bin Phuoc tabbed to drop despite those sexy Americans I brought in there.

@ Viettel
G: Hoang Thanh Tung
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen Thanh Hai/Dao Tien Dung
MC: Van Von Loi/Idrissa Ngounou (Nigerien - aka Niger not Nigeria)/Dang Anh Tuan
S: Do Van Hau/Selemani Ntibazonakiza/Nguyen Thanh Nam

Note: To save myself typing, I'll refer to our Burundi star (also captain of the national team) as Selemani in a departure from last name usage.

24 - Nguyen Van Thanh makes an amazing takeaway deep on the left side and shoots it down the flank for Van Hau. My star loanee for Binh Phuoc, now studly striker for us, tears past the defense and races down the sideline before centering to Selemani for the header in and the debut goal!!! 1-0

30 - Nguyen Van Thanh intercepts the ball on a booming goal kick and passes to Van Loi. Beautiful ground feed to Van Hau and he's off to the races again on the left side. Center to Selemani and header goal #2. That's why I'm paying $36k for those two guys - a little more than our gate receipts last season and over 1/3rd of our total $100,151 wage bill 2-0

77 - Nguyen Anh Koa comes on for tired Selemani

Selemani Ntibazonakiza is the obvious Player of the Match with a 9.0 debut, but credit also to Do Van Hau's 8.4 and Van Van Loi's 7.6. Very solid, strong all-around opening victory - a departure from how Ca Mau usually performs in the first game of the season. Our Burundi super striker and Van Van Loi make the Team of the Week, alongside our Nigerien.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:19 AM   #27
Izulde
Head Coach

[quote=Brian Swartz;3213534]Guess you need to hire Karl 'First of His Name' Kaspar as your real replacement. Everyone knows Sri Lankans are legends and can't truly be replaced … [quote]

Heh. I thought along those lines, too. Well-played, sir.

Quote:
In a low-level FM game? Who are you kidding?!? I think there's a stipulation in their contract that they HAVE to do that. It's right by the 'make sure you allow a deep cross from near midfield to go in every single promotion playoff final' clause.

Too damned true.

Quote:
For some moments in life there are no words. No this isn't a Mastercard commercial - for these moments you simply make up your own. Or gargle incoherently. I'm not sure which - it's brilliant in either case.

Thanks. It's my alternative to hurling my keyboard across the room, which I did once. It uh, didn't end well, and I'm so not getting my security deposit back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'm glad I remembered seeing this ... otherwise I might have gotten a bit of a complex when my bottom feeding UK club got zero applications when posting for a Director of Youth.

Glad it was able to make you feel better in a small, not quite *as* miserable way.

vs Ha Noi FC (4th)
MC: Van Von Loi/Idrissa Ngounou (Nigerien - aka Niger not Nigeria)/Dang Anh Tuan

Interesting note: Players on loan can't play against their parent club. Okay, then!

Grey guy replaces DR at half. Our strikers have been terrible.

47 - Dang Anh Tuan has been amazing at getting the ball back all game, and he does here, too, kicking it up to Thanh Nam. Into the box he goes, and centers to Selemani for his third header goal of the season. 1-0

82 - Anh Koa in for tired Selemani, who just blew a shot and is exhausted. Out goes Ngounou for Nguyen Anh Tuan

Solid for the most part, but we definitely had some weak spots. Van Van Loi and Selemani Ntibazonakiza were the best players with matching 7.3s, Van Loi earning the PotM honors a bit unfairly imo.

Oh, and Ha Noi FC is the high prestige club that I was linked as the favorite to at the end of last season. Note: the database splits Ha Noi FC and Ha Noi FC T&T as two teams, even though what it really is the case is that T&T was the old name, Ha Noi the revised name. There's a couple other clubs that used to play in Ha Noi, but dissolved.

vs Phu Yen FC (2nd)G: Hoang Thanh Tung
MC: Van Van Loi/Nguyen Anh Tuan/Nguyehn Thanh Nam
S: Selemani Ntibazonakiza/Nguyen Anh Koa/Nguyen Thanh Nam

I was tempted to start all three of my strikers, even though Selemani and Do Van Hau are both sub-90%. But I felt like I should rest one, play one. And I wasn't comfortable playing the other loaned in-striker, who isn't a good fit for our roles.

Our midfielders and defenders are both exhausted, but we won't get backline help until the transfer window, and I'm tapped out on central midfield reserves. All of which is a long explanation to say we'll probably lose here, relinquishing our surprise hot start into 1st.

Van Hau replaces Selemani at half, and Dan Anh Tuan does the same for Van Loi, shifting the other two MCs left after the rearrangment.

58 - Nguyen Van Thanh continues to work his DL magic, booting it downfield to Van Hau in the box. Cross, and Nguyen Thanh Nam heads in his first ever Ca Mau score!!! Yes, all 4 of our open field team goals this season have come on headers thus far 1-0

60 - Crap. I forgot to do set piece takers. No problem, as Nguyen Ahn Thanh manages to convert the PK (barely). 2-0

62 - Now that's horseshit. The bar ended our clean sheet streak. Lucky ass damned goal 2-1

74 - Truong Van Hoan comes in for Khoa so that he gets an appearance and his manager doesn't bitch about lack of PT.

We won, but we truthfully didn't deserve it. Nguyen Anh Tuan did become our youngest ever goal scorer, however, at like 8 days shy of turning 17.

@ Binh Phuoc (7th)
MC: Van Van Loi/Idrissa Ngounou (Nigerien - aka Niger not Nigeria)/Dang Anh Tuan
S: Do Van Hau/Selemani Ntibazonakiza/Nguyen Anh Koa

My old team is utilizing a 5-4-1 wall, and whilst we'll see Tim Jardon today, Andrew Keen is nowhere to be found. They've gone D-D-L their first three games. We'll do what we were going to do with Keen and Mark/Close Down the lone striker.

4 - Van Hau gets the throw-in from Nguyen Van Thanh and taps back to Van Loi. The shot appears to cross the line, but squirts out again. Ntibazaonakiza (who I'm going to start using his last name, now that I'm memorized it) charges to the ball and the fierce upper shot into the opposite corner of the net gives us our first kicked-in score. 1-0

59 - Out go our two strikers for [b]Nguyen Thanh Nam (the striker version) and Van Hoan respectively. Also sitting is Dang Anh Tuan in favor of the MC version of Nguyen Thanh Nam. Yeah, super confusing.

77 - Van Hoan takes the pass from I forget who and plays a beautiful box feed to Nguyen Thanh Nam (ST). The easy shot is right at the keeper and pushed, but Van Hoan is there to sink the rebound and get his first Ca Mau score! Yay, insurance! 2-0

7.6 PotM for captain Phan Anh Tuan with a 7.1 off the bench by Truong Van Hoan. Solid work all around.

If you'd have told me when I took this job that I'd do the following:

A) Pay someone $25,000 a year.
B) Cut the payroll down to $104.5k while doing A
C) Pay someone else $11,000 a year who wasn't a foreign player
D) Shell out over 1/3rd of our total wage bill to two strikers
E) Revive my 4-3-3 Narrow from Binh Phuoc
F) Win our first four straight games

I'd have said you were insane. E I could understand, because I've noticed I tend to gravitate towards certain formations when playing in a specific nation (See: Antigua & Barbuda in the previous dynasty). But the rest? Oh hellll no.

Bonuses and salary bumps are what's killing us financially (thanks, previous regime!). But if we can keep this up (an implosion is sure to be forthcoming) and advance up... let me put it to you this way:

Insecure Teams V-League 2: 2, with more likely headed that way
Secure Teams V-League 1: 8 teams of 14, and literally no one is Insecure

Old 08-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #28
Izulde
Head Coach

vs TP HCM (8th)
MC: Nguyen Thanh Nam/Nguyen Anh Tuan/Dang Anh Tuan

3 - Nguyen Thanh Nam (MC) rushes back to intercept a bad backpass and centers to Ntibazonkiza. He passes up and right to [b]Nguyen Thanh Nam (ST), who drives into the box and fires the fierce mid-range shot in 1-0

15 - Dang Anh Tuan is forced back so he outlets shortly left to Nguyen Thanh Nam (MC) for the pass to Van Hau in the left side of the box. Dribble and cross, and here comes flying Nguyen Thanh Nam (ST) with the leaping, flying header for his second goal 2-0

18 - Dang Anh Tuan passes to Nguyen Thanh Nam (MC) in the left side of the box. Center to Ntibazonkiza results in our Burundi star opting to kick it shortly ahead into space, as a defender is tight on him. Van Hau sees the opportunity and runs up to *finally* get his first Ca Mau score! 3-0

58 - We switch to a 3-1-3-3 DM, with Ngounou replacing the exhausted Phan Anh Tuan. At the same time, Dang Anh Tuan gets injured, so Nguyen Thanh Nam (MC) moves to the MC Support role, while Van Loi ends his day of rest and comes on as the Attacking Advanced Playmaker.

84 - Nguyen Van Thanh throws it right at the opponents, and we can't stop the counter. A couple minutes later, Van Hoan comes on for Ntibazonkiza

We were pretty bad in the second half, especially defensively, and the after game talk doesn't go well when I chide them for the second half drop. Nguyen Thanh Nam (ST) is obvious PotM with 8.8, and Selemani Ntibazonkiza and Do Van Hau both broke the 7.5+ plane (advanced before writing it down)

@ CA Nhan Dan (9th)
MC: Van Van Loi/Idrissa Ngounou (Nigerien - aka Niger not Nigeria)/Nguyen Thanh Nam
S: Do Van Hau/Selemani Ntibazonkiza/Nguyen Thanh Nam

37 - Van Loi's corner connects with Phan Anh Tuan's feet. No shot, so he circles around with two defenders chasing him before the kickback to Ngounou in the middle of the box. The mid-range shot is in and that's our Nigerien's first ever goal for us! 1-0

45 - Nguyen Van Thanh has a long throw-in to Nguyen Thanh Nam (MC) in the half-circle. He rifles in the long shot for his first Ca Mau goal!!! Our midfield is picking up the slack on set pieces for our strikers today 2-0

70 - Van Hoan in for Ntibazonkiza

74 - OH BULLSHIT! THAT WAS A CHEAP ASS ROLL BY THE BALL! 2-1

78 - Switching to 3-1-3-3 DM, Ngounou dropping to the named role, Thanh Hai leaving the field, and Nguyen Anh Tuan, also signed to a bullshit 3 year extension with stupid clauses, on as BWM.

90 - Lucky break on the PK. Nguyen Anh Tuan's shot bounces off the keeper's glove and into the net. I keep forgetting to set that. 3-1

Strange victory, but we'll take it.

We're the first V-League 2 team in this universe to run off 6 games in a row. We have a 6 point cushion on the 2nd place team and a +6 GD.

I'm linked to a job opening of a club that has Arsenal as a parent club. Yeah, that's the kind of stuff you find up in the top Vietnamese league. Interestingly enough, they also have a feeder club based in Laos. Pretty cool stuff.

Transfer In - DLCR Nguyen Van Viet (27) - From Viettel - $1.5k transfer fee
16 Aggression, 11 Determination, 10 Jumping Reach, 11 Strength. $9k salary. Extremely versatile defender who'd start right now at DC or DR - Probably going to start him at DC over Nguyen Thanh Hai.

vs Hue (8th)
MC: Nguyen Anh Tuan/Idrissa Ngounou (Nigerien - aka Niger not Nigeria)/Nguyen Thanh Nam

13 - The type of long shot you just don't stop 0-1

16 - Nguyen Thanh Nam (MC) taps the free kick right to Thanh Hai for the great box feed to Nguyen Thanh Nam (ST) and we equalize almost instantly 1-1

51 - Van Viet will make his debut, subbing in at DR. Van Hoan comes on as the Target Man, Ntibazonkiza taking Van Hau's spot.

76 - Koa takes over for Ntibazonkiza at the latter's request

Tough game.

I loan in a DL/DR and a ST for depth at the transfer deadline and spend a lot of time rejecting below value offers for my transfer listed guys. Andrew Keen is sold for a measly $6.5k to a V-League 1 team, with the same $17.5k contract, only extended another year. His valuation shoots up to $18k.

We're officially in the red bank balance wise now.

@ Dak Lak (National Cup Second Round)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen Van Viet/Dao Tien Dung
MC: Nguyen Anh Tuan/Idrissa Ngounou (Nigerien - aka Niger not Nigeria)/Dang Anh Tuan

An away match at the 2nd place team in the league. Boo. Typical scheduling screwover.

17 - Nguyen Van Thanh intercepts a goal kick and passes to Van Hau for the booming cross pitch forward blast that Nguyen Thanh Nam gets to just before it goes out of bounds on the touchline. Short cross to Ntibazonkiza. His shot's blocked, but he's able to snag his rebound and *finally* break his long, long drought. 1-0

34 - Van Viet lofts a hanging corner and Van Hau rises above everyone to head it on in, giving us insurance 2-0

34 - Horrible fucking pass to the keeper by Van Viet, and our star loan goalie is slow coming out of the box to boot 2-1

37 - Van Viet retrieves his own cleared corner and passes to Nguyen Anh Tuan. Tapper to Dang Anh Tuan on the right just outside the half-circle, and the Dang Man cracks the long shot in for his first Ca Mau goal!!!!! 3-1

51 - Team captain Phan Anh Tuan's free kick bounces off the top of the bar, but Nguyen Anh Tuan is there to put it away and score his first non-PK goal of the year 4-1

55 - Ugh. A guy we had all the markings on and two defenders on him and he still scores 4-2

57 - Vo Chi Thanh, the DLR loanee, comes on at DL, as does other loanee Tran Anh Tuan, to replace the striker NTN

62 - WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS GOD DAMNED TEAM?! Thanh Hai comes in at DR and I'm PISSED 4-3

8.4 for Nguyen Anh Tuan, 8.3 for Dang Anh Tuan, and 7.7 for Selemani Ntibazonkiza. Naturally, the opponent with the hat trick got PotM. I'm tempted to yell at the team for their second half meltdown, but really this is down to our FBs getting bent over in the second half and our goalie suddenly having his worst half of the season.

Tranh Anh Tuan is out a couple weeks, but that's fine - he's just depth anyway.

@ Ha Noi T&T (National Cup Quarterfinal)
MC: Van Van Loi/Idrissa Ngounou (Nigerien - aka Niger not Nigeria)/Dang Anh Tuan

If you'll excuse me I'll be over here raging at again getting fucked by the draw, having to play at League 1 team. This shit is not fair. We fucking deserve a home game in the cup, assholes.

11 - Nguyen Van Thanh with the gorgeous rainbow into the box. Ntibazonkiza hits the fierce shot that the keeper leaps and shoves away. Our Burundi star is about to bury it, when the defender kicks it off a little right into space. Nguyen Thanh Nam runs up and puts it in the empty net. 1-0

58 - Can't stop those 1-1

59 - Thanh Hai in at DR; Nguyen Thanh Nam (MC) replacing the Dang Man

64 - Van Loi boots the ball down field to [b]Nguyen Thanh Nam (ST) and the defender is so nervous, he puts the ball into his own net 2-1

71 - Van Hau gets the PK against his former club, and though the keeper picks the right direction, the Do Dude drops the shot under the goalie's body and in!!! 3-1

Every full-time starter was 6.9 or higher, with Nguyen Thanh Nam (ST) (7.8) and Van Van Loi (7.5) taking the top two for our team, though the PotM went to 35 year old Gonzalo who is Vietnamese-Argentinian, having been born in South America.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!!! A THIRD FUCKING ROAD MATCH, AND AGAINST THE #2 TEAM IN V-LEAGUE 1?!?!?!

I REALIZE NOBODY WANTS TO FUCKING COME DOWN SOUTH TO THE MEKONG DELTA AND RISK GETTING EATEN BY SWAMP CREATURES IN THE MANGROVE, BUT FUCK YOU, SCHEDULER, AND YOUR CORRUPT ASS BULLSHIT!!!!!!

So, so pissed right now. And we don't even get any fucking money for our wins. Just some whatever rep boost.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:33 AM   #29
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Can Tho (8th)
MC: Nguyen Thanh Nam/Nguyen Anh Tuan/Dang Anh Tuan

3 games in a week. Needless to say, we've a lot of tired guys out there.

45 - Nguyen Thanh Nam (I think the MC version) hits a perfect long free kick to Van Hau in the box, and we *finally* beat their keeper, who is having an amazing day. The opponent's Nguyen Thanh Nam gets a yellow card for arguing that it's offsides. 1-0

At half, Ntibazonkiza gets a breather, with Khoa on for him. Van Viet also replaces captain Phan Anh Tuan

56 - Nguyen Thanh Nam (ST) runs down a long ball down the right flank and crosses for Van Hau's easy put away and doubled tally 2-0

60 - Keep giving them chances like that, they'll score 2-1

67 - Chi Thanh in at DL

Nguyen Thanh Nam (MC) put up a 7.7 and Do Van Hau took PotM honors with an 8.8. This probably should have been a draw, but we'll take the 3 points. Especially since our lead now expands to 8 points.

We suddenly make a huge profit for the month, enough to put us back in the black. I investigate this:

Evidently that's money from the Vietnamese Cup away gate receipts, because the numbers don't add up with home instances. I also see that last season, Ca Mau made $20.09k in gate receipts in the Vietnamese National Cup Semi-finals... with a home game. Both of the last two seasons had their highest attendances in the National Cup (2,710 last year; 1,718 the year before).

Yet, our average attendance is only 915, well below last season's 1,102 and slightly below two years ago at 923. On the flip side, our lowest official attendance (not counting friendlies) is 883 this year compared to 731 last season and 667 the year before. None of which explains why we've already beat last year's gate receipts by over $4,000 and we're not quite halfway through the season.

Something to puzzle over.

Anyway...

vs Dak Lak (3rd)

All hands on deck for our biggest match of the year. It's going to be a tough one - these guys are in a slump and will be itching to beat us to get back into the swing of things. A win here would give us a 4 game cushion on 3rd place heading into the back 9.

53 - Disaster, as Ntibazonkiza twists his knee. Off the field go him and Nguyen Thanh Nam (ST) for Van Hoan and Khoa respectively.

69 - [b]Nguyen Thanh Nam (MC) for the Dang Man

86 - Nguyen Thanh Nam puts it in the middle to Van Loi for the pass to Van Hoan just outside the box. He threads up a pass up and right to Khoa, who finally rifles in his first Ca Mau score! 1-0

7.0 sub showing on the game winner by Nguyen Anh Khoa, but it was Van Van Loi's 8.6 that takes home PotM.

FUCK! Selemani Ntibazonkiza is out 4-5 weeks!!! This is even shittier because it happens right at the start of the bullshit compacted schedule.

@ Dak Lak (4th)
MC: Nguyen Anh Tuan/Idrissa Ngounou (Nigerien - aka Niger not Nigeria)/Dang Anh Tuan
S: Do Van Hau/Nguyen Thanh Nam/Tran Anh Tuan

So we get them right back on the back end. Ha Noi FC is 8 points behind still at the halfway mark, so they're breathing down our necks.

8 - Shitty fucking passing gives away the ball cheaply and them chance after chance after chance 0-1

31 - STOP FUCKING CLEARING IT RIGHT TO THE OPPONENTS!

59 - Off go VAn Hau and Thanh Nam for Khoa and Van Hoan respectively. Tien Dung switches to DL and Thanh Hai is in at DR

61 - Tien Dung throws in to Tran Anh Tuan for the long kick back to Thanh Hai. Gorgeous moon cross has Khoa rising up off the ground and smashing in the equalizing header, leaping over the defender and keeper to do so 1-1

We could have consolidated even further with a win, but it is what it is.

@ Can Tho (8th)
D: Vo Chi Thanh/Nguyen Thanh Hai/Nguyen Van Thanh/Dao Tien Dung
MC: Van Van Loi/Nguyen Anh Tuan/Nguyen Thanh Nam
S: Do Van Hau/Nguyen Anh Khoa/Nguyen Thanh Nam

Jury-rigging a B lineup because of health issues. I'm wondering if the second half of the schedule is going to be a mirror of the first half. ...Yep, it is. Was it like that last season? I don't know.

16 - Van Loi's longball *just* evades the defender to fall at Van Hau's feet. He goes into the box, draws three defenders, lays off for Nguyen Thanh Nam (ST)'s run, and there's the score 1-0

31 - Tien Dung high balls the cross and Van Hau heads it to Khoa's head, and that second header lofts softly over the keeper and into the net. 2-0

Ngounou comes on for Nguyen Anh Tuan at the half.

68 - Dang Anh Tuan comes in for Van Loi and switches places with Nguyen Thanh Nam (MC)

Do Van Hau owned the field today with an 8.4 PotM award, and Nguyen Thanh Nam (MC) is his second with a 7.3.

Ha Noi FC and Dak Lak played to a draw, so we're now 10 points up on 2nd place, 14 up on 3rd with 7 games to play. 12 points, or a 4-3 record over the last 7, gives us the league title even if the other two teams win out.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:06 AM   #30
Izulde
Head Coach

Can't get into finishing OITNB, can't sleep, so let's press on.

@ Hue (8th)

29 seconds - Un-fucking-believable 0-1

8 - Nguyen Van Thanh centers to Dang Man for the pass to Nguyen Thanh Nam. Terrific box feed to Van Hau, who emerges from a cloud of three defenders to strike the equalizer 1-1

32 - HEY, IDIOT KEEPER! STOP KICKING IT RIGHT AT THE OPPONENTS! 1-2

At the half Tran Anh Tuan and Phan Anh Tuan are yanked for their mistake-laden games, Thanh Hai and Khoa taking their places

75 - WHAT SJLFDFJSDFJSLDFJLSFJSDFLAL 1-3

We outplayed them except for our backline shitting the bed, so this was a bullshit unlucky ass fucking loss.

vs CA Nanh Dan (9th)

This team is way better than their record suggests.

14 - Van Hau runs down a high pass and with two defenders on him laterals to Nguyen Thanh Nam. Excellent feed to Tran Anh Tuan, whose mid-range shot is deflected. Van Hau has just enough gas to beat the defender and put the ball into the empty net behind the keeper 1-0

Thanh Hai replaces Van Viet at half. A yellow and a shitty performance will get you pulled every time.

59 - Khoa replaces Tran Anh Tuan, who has been shit.

84 - Nguyen Anh Tuan is in for Van Loi. Oh, and Van Hau has a gashed leg, so that's our two top strikers out with injury. Utter fuckery.

92 - Nguyen Anh Tuan's freshness parlays into a perfect pass to all alone Van Hau. He ignores his bloody leg and runs into the box. Defenders are closing in, but he spears the insurance to lock this win up 2-0

8.8 PotM for Do Van Hau and 7.5 for Phan Anh Tuan, as the defense shakes off their horrid outing last game.

FUCK YOU, FM!!!! DO VAN HAU IS OUT 3-4 WEEKS FOR A FUCKING LEG GASH?! EAT MY SHIT!!!!!

The good news is, Ha Noi FC has lost their last two games, including an 0-3 home belting by Hue, who just beat us. Dak Lak drew. We've all but mathematically locked up 2nd place minimum and need just 2 more points to clinch the title with 5 to play.

Do Van Hau broke goal-scoring and PotM club awards for this universe, set by Tran Van Thanh 2 years ago during an ass 6.41 season average.

@ TP HCM (10th)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Nguyen Thanh Hai/Nguyen Van Viet/Dao Tien Dung
MC: Nguyen Anh Tuan/Idrissa Ngounou (Nigerien - aka Niger not Nigeria)/Nguyen Thanh Nam
S: Nguyen Thanh Nam/Nguyen Anh Khoa/Tran Anh Tuan

27 - Welp, about time we got beat on a corner. They're killing us 0-1

34 - Nguyen Van Thanh with the terrific high ball into the box. I think Khoa is going to take the shot, but two defenders quickly converge to wall him off, so he crosses right and Tran Anh Tuan fucking *finally* scores his first Ca Mau goal. 1-1

Van Loi comes in for Ngounou at half.

57 - Ntibazonkiza isn't fully healthy yet, but he's coming on anyway, because Nguyen Thanh Nam (ST) has been dreadful today.

60 - FUCK THIS SHITTY DEFENSE!!! 1-2

62 - Phan Anh Tuan for Thanh Hai

Horrible.

[b]Youth Signings[/u]
DC Nguyen The Anh (16)
12 Heading, 10 Tackling, 13 Aggression, 10 Decisions, 14 Leadership, 11 Teamwork. Worth a flier.

GK Tran Minh Chien (16)
The gold star pull - 11 Aerial Reach, 14 Handling, 10 Agility. He'll get some starts if/when we lock up the league title. Oh wait. He can't. Not registered. Oops.

Truong Van Hoan ends his loan spell, as he wasn't happy about being used as a backup. Oh well.

ST Do Van Hau (18) - One year extension - $1.5k raise to $12.5k
Somehow we've ballooned up to $130k in our wage bill, but anyway, this kid is obviously worth the money to keep him here. A true star, our leading goalscorer, and one who has proven that he flourishes in my setup.

vs Bin Phuoc (9th)
S: Nguyen Thanh Nam/Selemani Ntibazonkiza/Tran Anh Tuan

49 - Phan Anh Tuan takes the backpass and cracks a beautiful rope forward into box space. Ntibazonkiza, who has no intention of playing for us a second season sadly, darts forward and strikes the score 1-0

93 - With seconds to go, Van Viet hits the corner to Phan Anh Tuan's feet for the score and his first ever Ca Mau goal!!!! 2-0

Even sweeter to clinch it against Binh Phuoc, who are still pissed I left them after one season.

Old 08-07-2018, 04:13 AM   #31
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Da Nang (National Cup Semi-Final)
S: Nguyen Thanh Nam/Selemani Ntibazonkiza/Nguyen Anh Khoa

We're here to get promptly skunked, but it's been awesome to make it this far and face one of the top teams in all of Vietnam.

26 - Gave up a corner goal. 0-1

44 - Our backline is our weakest link, and they're getting exposed here 0-2

66 - Tien Dung throws in to Nguyen Thanh Nam and on the center, Ntibazonkiza scores in a narrow gap! He also got robbed on the post earlier, so this could have been a tied game. Oh, and earlier, Thanh Hai replaced Phan Anh Tuan and Nguyen Anh Tuan subbed in for the Dang Man. I just didn't record it because I figured we'd get blown out 1-2

71 - Nice little dream while it lasted 1-3

83 - Van Loi's free kick booms long into the box for Nguyen Thanh Nam to put it away! 2-3

We received approximately $160,000 in gate receipts as 24,536 people showed up to the game . I'm really proud of how this team did - we nearly upset the defending champions and Van Van Loi was actually Player of the Match with an 8.2 outing. A huge game for our purse, let me tell you.

To put that in perspective - our total income last season was $255.5k. And this month alone, we've rung up $185.2k. I will never bitch about an away game in cups ever again.

I sign a one year contract extension that gives me a payraise from $13.75k to $21.5k after their initial offer of $17.5k. That's a fair contract by V-League 1 standards, though there's a few who are making over $50k a year.

I'm just going to summarize our remaining three games because there's nothing to play for.

@ Phu Yen: 1-0 W
Selemani Ntibazonkiza has an amazing, unstoppable distance shot and wins PotM with a 7.9. Phan Anh Tuan puts up a 7.8 and Nguyen Thanh Hai is third with a 7.4.

@ Ha Noi FC: 2-1 W
Nguyen Thanh Nam (ST) came off the bench and scored 2 goals for an 8.6 rating to break the stalemate. Selemani Ntibazonkiza posted a 7.8 as we played without any other staff, having fired everyone for upgrades yet to sign. They scored a consolation goal with a minute to go.

vs Viettel: 0-1 L
We had to go with a grey guy at goalie because our loan star got hurt. Even so, we played well enough to at least get a draw, but just couldn't cut it.

Drunk with away National Cup gate receipts cash, I spend lavishly to upgrade my coaching staff in as many areas as possible.

Loan Extensions
DCR Nguyen Thanh Hai
MC/AMC Dang Anh Tuan

Why not bring back quality talent/depth for free?

Contract Extensions
MLC Van Van Loi - Through 2022 - $9k - $500 raise
ST Selemani Ntibazonkiza - Through 2023 - $31.5k/year - $6.5k raise
DLCR Nguyen Van Viet - Through 2022 - $9.5k/year - $500 raise
DLC Phan Anh Tuan - Through 2022 - $8.5k/year - $500 raise
DLC Nguyen Van Thanh - Through 2021 - $10.5k/year - $1.5k raise

All that money spent upgrading our staff paid off, for though he was initially unsure about extending with us, he was at least open to it. Huge, huge event, because we were a lot worse off when he couldn't play. The rest of these guys I brought back because I felt they were good enough to retain.

Fans Player of the Year Voting
Phan Anh Tuan - 37%
Nguyen Thanh Nam (ST) - 30%
Van Van Loi - 27%

I think Selemani Ntibazonkiza and Do Van Hau got robbed here.

Da Nang wins their second straight Vietnamese National Cup, but a lot of people are talking about our amazing Semi-Final run.

Our gate receipts last season were almost $241k.

[u]Transfer In - MC/AMC Dinesh Singh (21) (Nepali) - Free Transfer[/b]
10 First Touch and Passing, 15 Determination, 11 Leadership, 12 Vision, 10 Work Rate, 10 Acceleration and Pace. Yes, we're paying $22.5k through 2023, but I was after this dude ever since I managed Binh Phuoc. He steps in immediately as our Advanced Playmaker and has 21 caps already for Nepal's international side.

Transfer In - DM/MCR/DR Yaovi Soglo (21) (Beninese) - Free Transfer
Has a bunch of U21 caps but no national side appearances yet. $22.5k a year through 2023 as well. Arguably the single most important pickup not named Selemani Ntibazonkiza. 12 Free Kicking and Leadership, 16 Teamwork, 10 Vision, 13 Work Rate, 11 Agility and Pace. I originally signed him intending to play him at MC, but he could also be our DR. It's a tossup where he plays. But 8 Corners, too. He's tops in corners and free kicks on our squad.

Transfer In - DC Ngo Van Thuan (24) - From Tay Ninh - $16k transfer fee
Huge payout above his $11.25k value pre-signing (now $13.75k) for a lower division DC. But! 11 Marking and Tackling, 13 Decisions, 15 Teamwork and 12 Work Rate, for the reasonable contract of $13.75k a year through 2023.

Transfer In - GK Pham Von Phong (27) - From DT Long An - Free Transfer
10 Aerial Reach, 11 Handling, 13 Reflexes, 11 Bravery, 14 Teamwork, 13 Agility. $12.5k a year through 2023. Equal in talent to our departing loanee and he can serve as our interim GK until Tran Minh Chien is ready to step into the #1 role.

After we say goodbye to the expiring contracts and loanees, we have $180k on the books. Still trying to find another striker and upgrades at the FB spots.

We're switching to a 4-4-2 Diamond Narrow as our primary formation in the new season to maximize the talents of our new stars - chiefly Yaovi Soglo, who is a 5* at the DM spot.

I get spammed with offers for Tran Minh Chien, who I sign to a 3 year, $9k a year pro deal so these fuckers don't snipe me; Selemani Ntibazonkiza, and Do Van Hau. Naturally I tell everyone to go fuck themselves.

We also sign the following dude:

One of my staff just randomly found him. Maybe some day he can become a Vietnamese national team member? Anyway, speaking of Vietnam wins the AFF Cup for the first time since 2008. Pretty cool.

Oh, and the board expanded our scouting range to all of Asia, rather than just Southeast Asia. We're flying high (hopefully not like Icarus).

Promotion Odds
We're picked to finish dead last at 2000-1 odds, even with all the spending and upgrading we've done.

We loan out Christos Goumas to Binh Dinh at the transfer deadline, and they're picking up 100% of his salary.

@ Quang Nam
G: Pham Van Phong
D: Nguyen van Thanh/Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen Van Viet/Ngo Van Thuan/Yaovi Soglo
DM: Nguyen Anh Tuan
MC: Dang Anh Tuan/Van Van Loi
AMC: Dinesh Singh
ST: Do Van Hau

Yep - 2 of our 3 strikers are out with injury, including our top player. The bullshit is real.

60 - Singh blasts it down the right side of the pitch to Soglo near the touchline. He kicks back to the Dang Man for the header feed into the box. Van Loi is there to fire in his first Ca Mau goal!!! 1-0

62 - Thanh Hai subs in for Phan Anh Tuan

88 - The Dang Man plays a beautiful ground pass to Van Hau in the box. He has only the keeper to beat, so he sets up his shot, and drills in the insurance!!!!! 2-0

7.5 for Yaovi Soglo, 7.8 for Van Van Loi, 8.3 for Do Van Hau, and a surprise 9.0 PotM for Dang Anh "The Dang Man" Tuan. What a thrilling upset to rack up a road win with a 5-4-1 setup.

My only goal this season is survival and to keep building on what we accomplished last year.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:47 AM   #32
Izulde
Head Coach

vs DT Long An (8th)
D: Nguyen van Thanh/Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen Van Viet/Ngo Van Thuan/Yaovi Soglo
DM: Nguyen Anh Tuan

50 - Ntibazonkiza in for [b]Van Hau/b]; Ngo Van Thau sits for Thanh Hai

72 - Sigh. 0-1

73 - Ntibazonakiza draws the PK and Soglo converts for his first Ca Mau goal! 1-1

82 - Singh wings out right to Soglo for the dribble and cross back into the box, whereupon Singh sinks his first Ca Mau score and puts us up!!!! 2-1

Yaovi Soglo is PotM with an 8.4, Dinesh Singh his second with a 7.4 as we pull that one out of our ass to become one of 3 teams to win our first two matches.

@ Quang Ninh (8th)
G: Tran Minh Chien
D: Nguyen van Thanh/Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen Van Viet/Ngo Van Thuan/Nguyen Thanh Hai
DM: Yaovi Soglo
MC: Nguyen Anh Tuan/Van Van Loi

14 - Whatever. The packed schedule is bullshit and we only have 16 players 0-1

24 - Total crap PK 0-2

48 - Nguyen The Anh for Van Viet; Nguyen van Thanh moves inside to DC, and a grey comes on at DL

78 - This is a game of PKs, apparently. Van Hau has his shot blocked, but buries the rebound anyway to give us a faint hope 1-2

vs Khanh Hoa (11th)
D: Nguyen van Thanh/Nguyen Van Viet/Nguyen The Anh/Ngo Van Thuan/Nguyen Thanh Hai
MC: Dang Anh Tuan/Nguyen Anh Tuan
ST: Selemani Ntibazonkiza

They're dubbing this one a relegation six-pointer. Seems fitting, considering the preseason predictions.

32 - That looked offsides to me 0-1

59 - Van Hau for Ntibazonkiza; Phan Anh Tuan for Van Viet

64 - Thanh Hai wipes out the defender in the box and Singh dashes forward to get it. Little curve pass around the defender in his face to Van Hau, who socks the equalizer in 1-1

Very unlucky not to win, as we played very well in the second half. Still, a point is a point, considering there's two teams who have gone 0-0-4 and are still looking for even 1 point.

@ Hai Phong (3rd)
D: Nguyen van Thanh/Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen The Anh/Ngo Van Thuan/Nguyen Van Viet

2 - Nguyen van Thanh is tired, but he manages to dribble-fence a defender until he has a moment to crack a ball into the box that Ntibazonkiza puts away for an early score 1-0

49 - The Dang Man comes in for Nguyen Anh Tuan; Shifting to the middle of the backline is Van Viet as poor-performing Nguyen The Anh sits. Thanh Hai is on at DR.

Lot of 7.1-7.2 guys, but the star of the night was Nguyen van Thanh, carrying us despite his exhaustion with an 8.0 PotM meaning. We could have won by much, much more, but Selemani Ntibazonkiza was off on every shot but his score.

vs Dong Nai (12th)
D: Nguyen van Thanh/Nguyen Van Viet/Nguyen The Anh/Ngo Van Thuan/Nguyen Thanh Hai

The grey guys we get assigned are so stupid - ML, ML, MR, MR, DL. Totally fucking useless.

8 - Van Hau wings out left to Nguyen Van Thanh and runs into the box to head in the score after the dribble and high return high ball 1-0

65 - Van Viet on for exhausted Nguyen Van Thanh

72 - God damn it! We just don't have the bodies to rotate in and it costs us 1-1

77 - Ntibazonkiza jogs on for Van Hau

87 - Phan Anh Tuan blasts a rainbow ball down the left flank that tired ass Singh somehow manages to beat a fresh sub to. Lofted center ball and Ntibazonkiza heads the go-ahead in! 2-1

7.8 second straight PotM for Nguyen van Thanh, his supports a 7.4 by Dinesh Singh and of course the 7.2 game-winner sub showing by Selemani Ntibazonkiza. This was not a pretty win, and one that had some scary moments, but we pull it off.

The magic # for safety is usually 30 points from 26 games. We're 6 games through the season, and so far we've accrued 13 points and are in 3rd place (probably going to fall back down after the next one, as we only get 2 days rest and we're playing the #2 team in the league, who has a game in hand on us and the #1 squad).

Still searching for their first point after 6 games: Ha Noi T&T. With 1 point through 5 games is SLNA.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:34 AM   #33
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Dong Thap (2nd)
D: Nguyen van Thanh/Nguyen Van Viet//Ngo Van Thuan/Nguyen Thanh Hai
ST: Do Van Hau/Selemani Ntibazonkiza

We've got a long break after this one, so we can use our 4-4-2 Diamond Narrow and give our overworked backline a little more rest.

58 - So frustrating. We've outplayed them, but their defense has been amazing, and then they slap us on the counter 0-1

68 - Van Hau shoots it out left to Van Viet for the short pass to Ntibazonkiza. Pass into the box, and Van Hau converts the equalizer. In: Nguyen The Anh for Ngo Van Thuan and Nguyen Anh Tuan for the shockingly shoddy Soglo. First mediocre game we've seen from our Beninese star 1-1

80 - Awful corner kick defense after they get two in a row 1-2

So frustrating. We should have had at least the draw here.

They have the temerity to call it a tactical blunder. Whatever, man.

Dinesh Singh is out 5-7 weeks with a stomach injury, but he recovers in time during our break. Do Van Hau continues our run of striker injuries - out over a month.

vs Binh Duong (8th)
D: Nguyen Van Viet/Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen The Anh/Ngo Van Thuan/Nguyen Thanh Hai

18 - SMH 0-1

26 - Pro tip: Van Viet can't play DL 0-2

I rearrange shit at half with subs and the like but it's not going to matter.

88 - Just one of those days where nothing goes right 0-3

vs SLNA (National Cup First Round)
D: Nguyen van Thanh/Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen The Anh/Ngo Van Thuan/Nguyen Van Viet

37 - Dang Anh Tuan cracks a long ball to Ntibazonkiza and he goes into the box all by himself. Defender strips the ball, but our Burundi superstar gets it back, fends off two more defenders, and gets that goal!!! 1-0

48 - Thanh Hai goes for The Anh; Dang Man moves up to AMC, and Van Loi's day off ends

We finally snap the losing streak. This one was all about Selemani Ntibazonkiza's miraculous 8.3 PotM outing and The Dang Man's 7.8 brilliance, plus a couple other guys with pretty good games.

2,545 people showed up for that one, netting us a vital $26.25k to help staunch some of the bleeding (even with that boost, we've lost almost $110k so far this year). The red ink is all due to having the worst attendance in the league by far, but I'm cautiously hopeful that if we can stay up and continue proving we're worthy of being here, that will gradually increase.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:19 AM   #34
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Gia Lai (10th)
D: Nguyen van Thanh/Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen The Anh/Ngo Van Thuan/Nguyen Thanh Hai

51 - Van Viet for Phan Anh Tuan; Nguyen Thanh Nam makes his first appearance of the year, replacing Ntibazonkiza

No highlights at all in this one.

vs Thanh Hoa (4th)
D: Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen The Anh/Ngo Van Thuan/Nguyen Van Viet
ST: Nguyen Thanh Nam/Selemani Ntibazonkiza

8 - 0-1

The Dang Man and Singh switch positions at half

51 - Phan Anh Tuan slides inside to replace The Anh and Nguyen Van Thanh's day off is over at DL

64 - Nguyen Anh Tuan is in for Singh

Yet another game where we were on the short end of the scoreline relative to how we played.

@ SLNA (13th)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Nguyen The Anh/Ngo Van Thuan/Nguyen Thanh Hai

40 - Thanh Hai throws in to Ntibazonkiza in the box for the kickback to Van Loi just outside. Back in the ball goes, and Singh hits the mid-range shot! 1-0

46 - The Anh gives away a stupid fucking penalty seconds before half, but luckily Van Phong stops it

55 - Nguyen Anh Tuan shifts down to DM, the Dang Man comes on at MC, and Van Hau is off for Nguyen Thanh Nam

81 - So! A bunch of bullshit happens: 1) We're denied a penalty, and 2 ) Van Loi is knocked off with injury. So it's a 5-2-1-2 with Phan Anh Tuan as our 5th backline member.

8.4 PotM for Dinesh Singh, the only one of our foreign players to get constant call-ups from his national team. His aides - Nguyen Thanh Hai (7.6) and Nguyen Van Thanh (7.4).

A vital victory, but a pricey one - Van Van Loi is out 5-6 months with a broken foot. Devastating blow. On the plus side, we now have a 9 point advantage of promotion playoffs and with 17 points, we're over the halfway mark with 2 games left to play before the midpoint of the season.

Ha Noi T&T finally fire their manager, as 11 matches later, they still don't have a single point. In the media coverage announcing the firing, they show clips of our upsetting them in the National Cup last season.

vs Da Nang (1st)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Ngo Van Thuan/Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen Thanh Hai
ST: Do Van Hau/Nguyen Thanh Nam

36 - I had this as an auto-loss anyway 0-1

54 - Yeah, fuck subbing. I'm just gonna ride through this 0-2

@ Ha Noi T&T (14th)
G: Pham Von Phong
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Ngo Van Thuan/Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen Van Viet

They won their first game with a caretaker manager, so this has trap match writ large.

45 - Dang Anh Tuan wings out left to Nguyen Van Thanh and on the cross, Singh surges to shoot the ball in. We should be up like by 3 at this point, but our strikers have been shit 1-0

56 - Singh with the short pass to Van Hau and he outmaneuvers two defenders for a gorgeous box feed to Ntibazonkiza. Our Burundi big money man has time to spin around, set himself, and fire shot the insurance 2-0

58 - The Anh replaces Ngo Van Thuan and Grey Guy glomps on at DL

75 - FUCK YOU, BAR!!!! 2-1

76 - COMPLETE BULL!!! FUCK THIS GAME UP THE ASS WITH A DIGITAL POKER OF MALWARE!!!!!! 2-2

80 - whawwhoruight5y8g5iyi35tgv3uy84tg58gti kfagweruitgIEFGi8guiwegfiawegrtiwgtiug48ti3gh53t89gh35ig3ighbUIRGQ8grf8oEG8EG2894T582RTG58P052 2-3

vs Ha Noi T&T (14th)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Ngo Van Thuan/Nguyen The Anh/Nguyen Thanh Hai

14 - We'll take the own goal 1-0

26 - Nguyen Thanh Hai dribbles down the right flank and delivers it into the box, where Thanh Nam *finally* fucking scores his first goal of the year 2-0

37 - Thanh Hai crosses to Thanh Nam in the box. Shot is defended, but Van Hau breaks his own scoring drought by slipping forward to sink the open net rebound 3-0

86 - Van Thanh runs down a wingout and plays it to Thanh Nam in the box, and the emphatic FUCK YOU is complete. These assholes were actually favored to beat us, believe it or not 4-0

Old 08-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #35
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Da Nang (1st)
G: Pham Van Thong
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Ngo Van Thuan/Pham Anh Tuan/Nguyen Van Viet

57 - Thanh Hai steps in for Ngo Van Thuan; Van Hau sits for Nguyen Thanh Nam shortly before they score 0-1

70 - Soglo sends the corner into the air and Phan Anh Tuan runs right, leaping in the air to smash in the equalizing header 1-1

Sure we drop to 8th, but getting a point on the road off the top team in the league is a HUGE result.

Transfer In - DR Nguyen Tuan Anh (23) - From Mancons SG
13 Teamwork is his only standout attribute, but we're paying him $8.5k a year anyway to get some much-needed more depth at our FB spot.

Extension - ST Do Van Hau - Through 2024 - $13.75k/year - $1k agent fee
Yes, that's expensive, but we get to keep our leading goal scorer long-term on a reasonable contract.

vs SLNA (10th)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Ngo Van Thuan/Nguyen The Anh/Nguyen Tuan Anh
MC: Nguyen Anh Tuan/Nguyen Thanh Hai

6 - Nguyen Tuan Anh kicks back to Singh and runs down the return pass. Perfect cross and Van Hau celebrates his new contract by putting one away. Debut assist already! 1-0

12 - Get one, give one up 1-1

45 - DON'T FUCKING GIVE UP GOALS BEFORE HALF!!!! 1-2

I make a couple subs on our backline at half and proceed to scream at the team.

51 - ..... 1-3

Transfer In - ST Bui Quang The (23) - Free agent signing
13 Heading, 11 Aggression, 16 Bravery and Teamwork, 13 Flair, 12 Work Rate. We finally got off our asses and inked the guy who played so well for me in a loan setup at Binh Phuoc. $8.5k for the rest of the year.

Extension - DL Nguyen Van Thanh (26) - Through 2022
Slight raise to $11.5k. He's been simply too valuable for us.

Loan In - DM/MC Nguyen Van Phong (19) - From Quang Nam
We're paying 50% of his salary, but 12 First Touch, Passing, Determination, and Teamwork make him worth it - plus giving us a vital body in the middle.

Loan In - DL Truong Van Quy (19) - From SLNA
50% here too for 14 Teamwork, 11 Acceleration, and 10 Stamina - again giving us key depth.

vs Phu Yen (National Cup Second Round)
MC: Dang Anh Tuan/Nguyen Van Phong

Tran Minh Chien has officially supplanted Pham Von Phong as our best keeper and will probably get the bulk of starts going forward.

57 - Soglo wings out left to Nguyen Van Thanh for the dribble and box delivery, whereupon Van Hau heads it in 1-0

64 - Quang The on for Ntibzaonkiza; The Anh for Phan Anh Tuan

Every single one of our midfielders was 7.5 or higher, led by Dinesh Singh's PotM-winning 9.0. Nguyen Van Thanh racked up an 8.3, and our third star was Yaovi Soglo's 7.7 outing.

FUCK! Do Van Hau is out for over a month with injury after getting hurt in training.

vs Hai Phong (National Cup Quarterfinal)
MC: Nguyen Anh Tuan/Nguyen Van Phong
ST: Selemani Ntibazonkiza/Bui Quang The

20 - I'd rather have had the away match. We can't beat these guys and our supporters are shitty people 0-1

22 - Nguyen Van Phong intercepts a clearance and short passes to Singh for a great box feed to Ntibazonkiza, and we immediately equalize 1-1

37 - Fucking corners 1-2

55 - Whatever 1-3

We lose 1-4

That's the end of our cup runs and we're going to be deep in the red at the end of the season. We may have to look at moving some guys out and drastically cutting our salary.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:17 PM   #36
Izulde
Head Coach

Youth Signings
ST Nguyen Xuon Ngoc (16) - 2023
13 Finishing, 11 Off the Ball, 12 Teamwork and Work Rate, 11/10/15 Acceleration/Pace/Flair

DL Vo Huu Dung (16) - 2023
10 Decisions, 16 Teamwork, 13 Work Rate, 10 Acceleration. Immediate tutoring from Nguyen Van Thanh

GK Hoang The Cuong (16) - 2023
10 Handling, 12 Decisions and Agility. He'll get tutored by Pham Van Phong, even though the veteran is now our #2 choice.

MC Truong Minh Duc (16) - 2023
11 Decisions and 12 Flair.

@ Thanh Hoa (3rd)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Ngo Van Thuan/Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen Van Viet
MC: Nguyen Anh Tuan/Dang Anh Tuan/Yaovi Soglo
S: Selemani Ntibazonkiza/Bui Quang The/Do Van Hau

12 - So nice to be back to my 4-3-3 Narrow. Ngo Van Thuan sends the free kick to Van Hau in the box and the conversion is easy 1-0

23 - Soglo steals the ball on a goalie's kick and passes to Nguyen Anh Tuan. Forward ball to Quang The on the right flank and he crosses for Ntibakonzia to nail it 2-0

48 - Fucking CHRIST! Clear a corner twice and sit around with thumbs up asses 2-1

50 - Van Quy in at DL and out goes Phan Anh Tuan for The Anh

59 - Buildup out of a throw-in deep in our half until Quang The has the ball in their side of the field. Flare pass into space for Van Hau to pick up, outrace 4 defenders into the box, and kick in the insurance 3-1

64 - CLEAR THE FUCKING BALL WHEN THE KEEPER STOPS IT! 3-2

81 - Van Hau dribbles into the box where a defender can't force it off him. Center to Quang The for his first ever Ca Mau goal!!! 4-2

7.0 or better for midfielders and strikers, led by Do Van Hau's PotM 9.1, Bui Quang The's 9.0, and Nguyen Anh Tuan's 7.5. We won't talk about how shitty the defense was. Massive, massive upset as they were completely taken aback by returning to my old, favorite formation.

vs Gia Lai (9th)
MC: Dinesh Singh/Nguyen Anh Tuan/Yaovi Soglo
S: Nguyen Thanh Nam/Selemani Ntibazonkiza/Do Van Hau

9 - ....Van Hau is out with injury yet again. Get in there, tired ass Quang The

51 - The Anh for Ngo Van Thuan and the Dang Man replaces Nguyen Anh Tuan

60 - SMH 0-1

79 - Nguyen Van Thanh steals the ball twice and cracks a 30 yard pass down the left flank space for Quang The to run down. Box delivery to Nguyen Thanh Nam and we equalize 1-1

Do Van Hau broke his ribs and is out 2-3 months

Too disgusted right now to continue.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:47 AM   #37
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Binh Duong (6th)
MC: Dinesh Singh/Nguyen Anh Tuan/Yaovi Soglo
S: Nguyen Thanh Nam/Bui Quang The/Selemani Ntibazonkiza

3 - Shitty throw-in by Thanh Hai. Ugh 0-1

Van Quy for Van Thanh at half

59 - Dang Man in for Nguyen Anh Tuan; Van Viet for Thanh Hai

80 - There goes any hope of salvaging a result 0-2

83 - Meaningless PK from Soglo. 1-2

vs Dong Thap (4th)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Ngo Van Thuan/Phan Anh Tuan/Yaovi Soglo
MC: Nguyen Anh Tuan/Dang Anh Tuan/Nguyen van Phong

38 - Van Phong wings out to Ntibazonkiza, and he dribbles past the defender. Cross into the box is on the inside of two defenders, allowing Quang The to power in the goal 1-0

39 - Ugh. Fucking perfect free kick 1-1

Ngo Van Thuan has been awful and got hurt shortly before so half, so The Anh replaces him

46 - Well that was a horseshit goal given up just after the break 1-2

49 - Van Quy will get some starts over Van Thanh after two straight shit performances

@ Dong Nai (13th)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen The Anh/Yaovi Soglo
MC: Dinesh Singh/Nguyen Anh Tuan/Nguyen van Phong

47 - We've been on the back foot all game and they finally break through 0-1

49 - Van Thanh laterals to Singh for the mid-altitude steamer to Quang The's head. Knock-in the box and Thanh Nam powers in the equalizer. Out: Nguyen Anh Tuan and The Anh. In: Van Loi and Thanh Hai as we try to come back and win a game we're favored in 1-1

vs Hai Phong (1st)
G: Pham von Phong
D: Truon Van Quy/Nguyen Thanh Hai/Nguyen The Anh/Nguyen Tuan Anh
S: Nguyen Thanh Nam/Selemani Ntibazonkiza

We're going to lose, so yeah.

And we do, 1-2, our second half flurry after a bad first half netting only one goal. [b]Yaovi Soglo[/b is out next match with yellows.

Vietnam is offering me $235,000 to become the manager. Nah.

@ Khanh Hoa (10th)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Ngo Van Thuan/Nguyen The Anh/Nguyen Thanh Hai
MC: Dinesh Singh/Dang Anh Tuan/Nguyen van Phong

43 - Should have pulled Minh Chien the second he got hurt 0-1

Pham Van Phong at half, and shortly after it, Van Viet for Van Thuan

89 - Absolutely NOTHING is working 0-2

We're on a 6 game winless streak, but despite that, we're still 9th and have clinched staying up with 3 games to go. Can't wait for this season to be over - you're going to see a lot of players get moved out who aren't worth the money we're paying them.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:03 AM   #38
Izulde
Head Coach

With nothing left to play for, I'll just recap the last three games.

vs Quang Ninh: 1-1 D
Would have been a 1-0 win, but Nguyen Van Thanh gave up a PK.

@ DT Long An: 2-5 L
Hat trick by Andrew Keen and a generally shitty all-around performance.

vs: Quang Nam: 1-1 D
We led the whole game and then collapsed at the end.

Hai Phong pulled off the treble - V-League 1 win, Asian Confederations Cup win, Vietnamese Super Cup win.

Fans Player of the Year
Dang Anh Tuan: 34%
Yaovi Soglo: 28%
Dinesh Singh: 22%

I think Yaovi Soglo is the only person I don't have transfer-listed. We lost $175.4k last season, so we'll be looking to slash payroll. On the plus side, our primary sponsor jumped from $9.37k to $43k, which is going to be a huge help.

The board increases the payroll to $692.1k a year, no doubt banking on a improvement from last season's $153.9k gate receipts. I'm not willing to do the same. We're also not bringing back any of our loan players, because their clubs all expect us to pay their salary. Fuck that.

Extension - AMC/ST Christos Goumas (19) (Greek) - Through 2023
$9.5k or $10k per year for the next two years. He had a 6.99 average rating in 19 appearances with 7 goals for Binh Dinh, which won the V-League 2 by 2 points. He'll play a role next season for us.

Transfer Out - ST Selemani Ntibazonkiza (23) (Burundian) - To Hai Phong - $23.5k with potential to be $37.5k or more
Had to do it. He just wasn't producing the way someone that expensive should be, and it frees up a foreigner spot that Goumas can slip into.

Transfer Out - DC Ngo Van Thuan (25) - To Hanoi T&T - $6.5k and maybe $8.25k
Spent $15k on him initially, so this guy was a huge bust. Definitely ate it on this one.

Transfer Out - DLC Phan Anh Tuan (26) - To Hue - $5.75k maybe $6.75k
Our team captain the last two seasons, he was part of that terrible backline.

Transfer Out - DL Vo Huu Dung (17) - To Da Nang - $7.5k to maybe $10k
We could have thrown him to the wolves and built him, but considering his value was like $725, this was too much to resist.

Transfer Out - MC/AMC Dinesh Singh (22) (Nepali) - To Ha Noi T&T - $11k and maybe $14k
We had strong indications that he wasn't going to pan out how we expected him to, so he was an easy one to let go in the end.

Transfer Out - DLCR Nguyen Van Viet (28) - To CA Nhan Dan - $5.5k
He was an okay backup, but we're purging salary left and right.

So after all those departures, we're at 13 players under contract with a $140k wage bill.

Our reputation has improved to 16th in Vietnam, but that's still not good enough for people to come join us. It's going to be a very tough row to hoe for another year, and we'll frankly be lucky to avoid the drop - most of our top talent has left the building.

Transfer In - DC/DM/MC Tran Minh Loi (33) - Free Transfer - From Who Cares
$9.5k signing as one year veteran stopgap, so I'm not going to delve into his ratings.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:12 AM   #39
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - DC Tran Anh Tuan (28) - From Phu Yen - $2.5k transfer fee
$11.5k a year for the next two years - 10 Heading, 15 Aggression, 14 Bravery, 12 Positioning, 11 Jumping Reach. Wonderful pickup comparatively for our backline (3*/3*).

Tran Minh Loi is the stopgap captain, Tran Minh Chien the new vice-captain.

We sell 873 season tickets, a slight tick up from last year's 842.

Promotion Odds
2000-1 and 13th. That's a small improvement over last season, so we'll take it. Binh Dinh is projected to head right back down to V-League 2, whilst we're anticipated to go relegation playoffs.

Transfer In - DLR Nguyen Thanh Thang (29) - From Nam Dinh
$9k stopgap with 13 Tackling and Teamwork, 10 Work Rate, and double-digit Acceleration and Flair. We signed him shortly before the deadline on a free to give us needed depth.

vs Binh Dinh
G: Hoang The Cuong
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Tran Anh Tuan/Nguyen The Anh/Tran Thanh Tuan/Yaovi Soglo
MC: Van Van Loi/Tran Minh Loi
S: Do Van Hau/Christos Goumas/Nguyen Thanh Nam

31 - Tran Anh Tuan wrecks the opponent and Soglo picks up the loose ball, blasting it all the way down the pitch to Van Hau. He has the defense beat and the mid-range score beats the keeper as opponents are catching up to him 1-0

44 - Van Thanh intercepts and the flyball down the left flank sees a race between the keeper and Van Hau. Keeper realizes he's not going to win so he runs back towards the net. Not fast enough, though, as the cross to Thanh Nam is an open insurance score just before half 2-0

81 - This is what happens when you have a tired, scrub keeper because your top choice is out on international duty 2-1

Solid all around performance, keyed by Yaovi Soglo's 7.8 PotM and Do Van Hau's 7.6, although the latter missed several easy shots in the second half.

@ Quang Ninh (8th)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Tran Anh Tuan/Nguyen The Anh/Tran Thanh Tuan/Yaovi Soglo

23 - Tran Minh Loi laterals to Van Loi for the feed to Van Hau outside the half-circle. 25 yard strike goes in and the place erupts! 1-0

51 - Nguyen Thanh Thang is on at DL, whilst Goumas sits for Nguyen Xuan Ngoc, with Nguyen Thanh Nam switching to the TM role

74 - Nguyen Anh Tuan for Tran Minh Loi and MC switch

82 - I'm swearing because I think this is going to slip away, when suddenly Tran Anh Tuan's sliding tackle pries the ball loose and he's first to it. Pass Nguyen Thanh Nam and the rainbow ball down the field hits Van Hau all alone. He runs into the box and crosses, where Xuan Ngoc comes from out of nowhere for the debut goal!!!! 2-0

92 - Nguyen Anh Tuan wings out right to Soglo for the dribble and perfect cross to Van Hau, and we lock this one down!!! 3-0

Obviously there's less than zero chance of our keeping this up, but if you'd have told me before the season we'd win our first two games and put up a +4 GD to put us tied for 1st in the league - without Tran Minh Chien - I'd have said you were full of it.

But here we are. 6 points with our youth pull keeper who isn't highly developed.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:24 AM   #40
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Thanh Hoa (8th)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Tran Anh Tuan/Nguyen The Anh/Tran Thanh Tuan/Nguyen Thanh Thang
MC: Nguyen Anh Tuan/Yaovi Soglo
S: Nguyen Xuan Ngoc/Christos Goumas/Nguyen Thanh Nam

16 - I've noticed Nguyen Thanh Thang likes to cut inside to the middle of the pitch. He does it again here, crossing to Nguyen Van Thanh. This time, the cross works, and Nguyen Thanh Nam is able to put it away 1-0

20 - Soglo's corner is knocked towards the goal by a defender. Tran Anh Tuan tries to get there first and he does, but defender kicks it out. Xuan Ngoc is in the scrum, but the ball ends up squirting loose to the right where The Anh is able to put away the open netter for his first Ca Mau score!!!! 2-0

23 - Awful defensive work 2-1

At half, Soglo bumps down to DR and Van Loi takes his spot as the defending MC.

50 - That's the end of Van Hau's day of rest, as Xuan Ngoc has been shit.

68 - Tran Minh Loi subs in for Nguyen Anh Tuan

Weird win. Hoang The Cuong is PotM with a 7.9 with no one else worthy of mention. We were pretty poor in the second half (particularly our subs) and no one is listening to my team talks.

@ Da Nang (10th)
D: Nguyen Thanh Thang/Nguyen Van Thanh//Nguyen The Anh/Tran Anh Tuan/Yaovi Soglo

As odd as our hot start has been has one of the powerhouse teams going 0 wins 1 loss 2 draws their first three games. Tran Minh Chien is back from Asians U23 Cup Play, where he averaged a 7.3 rating in 3 games, leading the Vietnamese B team to the Quarterfinals.

3 - I officially hate Nguyen Thanh Thang. He'll be benched 0-1

27 - Sorry, Tran Thanh Tuan. The shitlord that is NTT means you don't get much rest.

55 - Nguyen Anh Tuan for Van Loi. Honestly, we're so bad as a team, I don't think it makes any difference what I do.

57 - SMH 0-2

58 - Nguyen Anh Tuan jacks one all the way downfield to Nguyen Thanh Nam, and we claw one back. Out is Goumas for Xuan Ngoc to try and get a draw out of this 1-2

60l - A hat trick for their top striker, a dude we just can't stop no matter what we do 1-3

61 - Van Thanh drills one down the left flank to Van Hau, and on the cross, Xuan Ngoc sets a pick, allowing Thanh Nam to slip behind him and score his second goal 2-3

73 - I really wish someone would injure that fucker 2-4

Cinderella run is over. That's our 6th straight loss to these guys.

We're still in 2nd, which is important because there's only 2 places up for grabs now - we lost a spot as a league.

Don't really feel like playing more right now - tired guys galore and an absolutely vital early season match coming up.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:39 AM   #41
Izulde
Head Coach

@ DT Long An (2nd)
D: Nguyen Thanh Thang/Nguyen Van Thanh//Nguyen The Anh/Tran Thanh Tuan/Yaovi Soglo

I don't have a choice but to play Bad Thang - we simply don't have the DC depth to pull it off.

23 - That was offsides, cockgnobble. 0-1

25 - Fluke goal bullshit 0-2

30 - Soglo crosses to Van Hau, but the keeper knocks away the header. He's still on the ground, allowing Soglo to surge in for the rebound score 1-2

49 - Tran Anh Tuan for The Anh

67 - Xuan Ngoc for Van Hau; Truong Minh Duc for Nguyen Anh Tuan

Very unlucky loss - we played well enough to at least scratch out a draw.

We sell out the 40% future transfer fee clause for Vo Huu Dung for $7.15k. He's been awful for his new team and I'd rather have the money now.

vs SLNA (5th)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Tran Anh Tuan/Tran Minh Loi/Nguyen The Anh/Yaovi Soglo

57 - Minh Duc for Nguyen Anh Tuan; still goalless Greek Goumas goes off for Xuan Ngoc

82 - What total horseshit. Blowing a point on a late fucking corner 0-1

I'm starting to think Tran Minh Chien just isn't very good. Going from 3 straight wins to 3 straight losses, and the huge difference is the keeper.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:17 AM   #42
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Dong Thap (1st)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Tran Thanh Tuan/Tran Minh Loi/Nguyen The Anh/Yaovi Soglo
MC: Truong Minh Duc/Nguyen Anh Tuan
S: Do Van Hau/Nguyen Thanh Nam/Nguyen Xuan Ngoc

Christos Goumas is out almost 2 months with injury.

14 - Whatever 0-1

20 - Soglo hits Tran Thanh Tuan on the corner for his first Ca Mau score 1-1

50 - Nguyen Thanh Thang at DL; Truan Anh Tuan subs in for The Anh

71 - Truong Minh Duc has it deep in the box. His pass in bounces off a defender and Van Hau's fierce shot is rejected. He's about to sink his own rebound when he's clattered, but Nguyen Thanh Nam is right behind him to put it away!!! 2-1

86 - FUCKING 30 YARD STRIKE BULLSHIT!!!!! 2-2

vs Khanh Hoa (7th)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Tran Anh Tuan/Tran Minh Loi/Nguyen The Anh/Yaovi Soglo
MC: Truong Minh Duc/Van Van Loi

54 - Xuan Ngoc for Nguyen Thanh Nam

70 - Tran Thanh Tuan for Minh Loi

vs Viettel (National Cup First Round)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Tran Anh Tuan/Nguyen The Anh/Yaovi Soglo
DM: Tran Minh Loi
AMC: Christos Goumas
S: Do Van Hau/Nguyen Thanh Nam

28 - Suck a dick, ref. Van Hau was onsides.

37 - Nguyen Van Thanh drives past two defenders and plays it int the box for Nguyen Thanh Nam to bang in. I glare at the assref and he keeps his flag down 1-0

69 - Xuan Ngoc for Van Hau; Tran Thanh Tuan for The Anh

Finally we get through with a win. Nguyen Van Thanh takes home PotM honors with 8.1, and Yaovi Soglo racks up a 7.6.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:04 PM   #43
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Gia Lai (12th)
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Tran Anh Tuan/Nguyen The Anh/Yaovi Soglo
DM: Tran Minh Loi
AMC: Christos Goumas
S: Do Van Hau/Nguyen Thanh Nam

4 - We cant' defend set pieces 0-1

22 - That's it. I'm changing keepers 0-2

28 - Nguyen Van Thanh throws in to Van Hau, gets it back, and the cross to Goumas *finally* results in the Greek's first goal for us 1-2

29 - Hat trick given up in a 30 minute span 1-3

b]54[/b] - I'm tempted to quit after this one 1-4

74 - WTF not 1-5

81 - Meaningless Van Hau goal 2-5

The board hilariously is willing to buy the stadium, but not expand our scouting range, so I resign.

Ca Mau spends a ton of money bringing in a bunch of bodies and I'm just like y tho. Especially since they tumble down until they're forced into a relegation playoff, which they barely win, 1-0, to stay up.

...And I'm just not feeling this run anymore.

Old 09-02-2018, 02:00 AM   #44
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Almost made it to a full page of posts. You can do it. It WILL happen.

Someday.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:35 PM   #45
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Almost made it to a full page of posts. You can do it. It WILL happen.

Someday.

The French and Antigua/Barbuda primary dynasties made it to a second page. :P