Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-23-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
Desmond
Banned

MAXIMUM DYNASTY, A MAXIMUM FOOTBALL MAXIMUM DYNASTY

Ok, so Dig sold me the game. 1 of the conditions was that I do a dynasty. So I'm gonna do a dynasty, but keep in mind that i'm not real good at these and this more than likely will be a rambling recap of what i've done/doing.

I've installed the game and the patch. I visited a MAXIMUM FOOTBALL fan site earlier today and got 12 uniforms to build my teams around. Im gonna set up a 12 team league featuring 11 vile institutions of heinous magnitude and me.

Ok. I installed the game and made it thru alright. There was a little part of me that hoped the installation would somehow make my computer explode, if only for MAXIMUM LAUGHS.

The patch also installed correctly. I give this game a 8/10.

Ok, ive tried to set up my league and had a few little issues.

1. The interface is a bit clunky. I created a team to be computer controlled and apparently I have to enter an owner name, a stadium name and a facemask color for each created team, sort of an odd set of requirements. No biggie though.

2. Ok, I want to make 2 divsions of 6 teams, but im having trouble figuring out what im doing. Be back in a minute.

Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
Desmond
Banned

Windowed mode doesnt appear to work. I saw on the MAXIMUM FOOTBALL forum that there is a windowed mode, but a search brings up nothing and I ain't spending 2 of 3 setup time devoted hours to looking for it so i'll soldier on.

Also, there is a site that has a bunch of plays and playbooks, but im getting alot of repeat files with different sizes as I try to extract them to the "plays" folder in the game so I don't know whats up.

I should also point out that Dig did not send me the manual, so i'm sort of like Ralph Hinkley here without the instructions for the suit and no Bill Maxwell. Also no Pamela Davidson, whom if I had, I probably would not be doing this right now.

Ok. So I extracted as many plays as I could from about 30 files. We'll see if it screws my game up any. Also, how would I know?
Old 03-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
sabotai
General Manager

First things first. How does the Beer Tent look?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:31 PM   #4
Desmond
Banned

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Code:
TEAM OWNER STADIUM Evil Chinese Pandas Hu Jintao The Great Dome Of China England Redcoats King George III Old Williamsburg Field Germany Invaders Adolf Hitler Bunker Stadium Australian Convicts Captain Cook The Yard Moscow Communists Joseph Stalin Red Square Bowl Starfleet Trekkies William Shatner The Academy

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Code:
Tocatcha Predators Micheal Jackson Coppa Field Waco Outlaws David Koresh The Compound Phillip Morris Marlboros Louis Camilleri The Iron Lung Milwaukee Butchers Jeffrey Dahmer Limbeau Field Los Angeles Riots Rodney King Reginald Denney Park Washington Americans Desmond Freedom Field
Old 03-23-2007, 08:33 PM   #5
Desmond
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
First things first. How does the Beer Tent look?

I believe that's where the flux capacitator is being hidden.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #6
Desmond
Banned

Setting are pretty simple. All scoring remains the same. 110 yard field. Rougue is in the game, although i'm not sure i really know what it is. Do I have to scout players adept at rouging? 4 Downs. Playable field goals. Nothing too fancy, im not that fearless yet.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #7
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I'm reading.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:47 PM   #8
Desmond
Banned

Ok. So it's kind of difficult figuring out how to start the season/league as once you get the teams set up the rosters are empty and there is no schedule.

Theres a button called "new season", which i close my eyes, pray, and hit. It loads up all teams with players, runs training camp and then cuts players.

I had to maualy go in and cut my roster down from 73 to 53 (what i set as the roster limit in the league setup screen), and I see that I have about 20 WR's all between 61-64 speed. Ok.

I have a ton of WR's and RB's that I cut. It should be noted that as has been mentioned elsewhere, all the players on my team seems to be relatively equal. All running backs have about the same speed etc.

I really don't wanna set up my depth charts. I'll be back soon.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:58 PM   #9
Desmond
Banned

Well. I tried to start a game. Our first scheduled game was a road trip to Russia. I got thru the kickoff ok, but on first play of the game our whole offense merged into 1 players and I couldn't snap the ball.

At this point I exited the game. I'll now read the manual area on playcalling as i'm sure this is my fault.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:04 PM   #10
highfiveoh
Banned

You're not good enough for Penny, but you ARE good enough for Maximum Football? Sure you are, brother. Sure you are.
highfiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:05 PM   #11
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

That's Maximum, baby.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:06 PM   #12
st.cronin
General Manager

That's not the defense I would design if I were facing a one-man team.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:21 PM   #13
Desmond
Banned

Ok. So I so badly want to run fraps and show you just how amusing the animation is. Players sort of glide. And when the ball carrier gets in the open field and the whole defense is chasing him it looks like a miltary march to catch him.

A few problems.

1. My default gameplan is a college gameplan, which does not appear to be good as I have exactly 2 formations and 10 total offensive plays, all passes.

2. The game apparently stuck up on me up there because I tired to load a play the game did not recognize. When it said "preview not available" on the playcalling screen I did not take that to mean that the game would stop on me. Again, my bad.

3. In the league settings I set the default kickoff as the 20 yard line, to allow for more offense. Unfortunately the receiving team still lines up as if the kick is coming from the 35. Wait, that cant be true. In any event the kick goes way over my return teams heads, forcing the returner to run back about 20 yards to recover the kickoff.

I will now change my gameplan to a pro gameplan and attempt to play the game again.

Also, the miss america pagent is apparently on year 1 of the Girls Gone Wild metamorphisis, so I may be slightly distracted.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #14
Desmond
Banned

Good news, bad news. Bad news is that the game froze on me. Apparently the game doesn't automaticly set your depth charts so I chose a play that had no players assigned to it and the game froze. I couldn't even ACD out of it, had to unplugg my computer.

Good news is that I switched from Miss America as a contestant was babbling, to a nice a 3 second shot of the USC Cheerleaders running on the court during a timout. It's the small things in life.

I suppose that I will switch all teams to the same default playbook that comes with the game to avoid anymore of these issues and try and play the game for a 4th time.

It also occured to me that I was so excited to play a game that I didn't give the teams their custom uniforms. How awfull of me. I don't have the energy.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:51 PM   #15
Desmond
Banned

Well, I just set all teams to the one default playbook that looked like it would be usefull, but when I loaded the game it told me the playbook was for 12 player teams.

I'm chainsmoking like a mother here.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:56 PM   #16
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
Well. I tried to start a game. Our first scheduled game was a road trip to Russia. I got thru the kickoff ok, but on first play of the game our whole offense merged into 1 players and I couldn't snap the ball.

At this point I exited the game. I'll now read the manual area on playcalling as i'm sure this is my fault.

What better, Michael Vick or Maximum Football?

OK bye.

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #17
Desmond
Banned

Honestly, I can see this not being fun anymore. Oooofah.

Ok, so the game froze on me for a 2nd time. I can still hear the sounds, and I can still move my cursor along the bottom of the screen, but I cant do anything in the game or get to anything out of the game. So that's 2 game exits and 2 computer unplugs in 4 games played.

I have been able to save some vids in Fraps but they dont play as avi's even though i can edit them in virtualdub. So im converting them to mpeg which is for the best as it really cuts down on the file size. I'll upload them somewhere in a moment.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:14 PM   #18
Desmond
Banned

Also, in about 8 combined offensive series ive seen about 13 passes, all horrid looking and incomplete. I am using user made playbooks though, so it's probably my fault.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:24 PM   #19
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Honestly, I can see this not being fun anymore. Oooofah.

I can see reading it being fun forever!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:24 PM   #20
Desmond
Banned

A few other notes.

In one of the first games I played, Moscow attempted a FG from the 14 yard line. It appeared to go wide left by about 20 yards but they were awarded a point. I take it that that's a rouge.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #21
Desmond
Banned

Anyone know a good file sharing service? Im gonna jump back in and attempt this baby again. Wish me luck.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:28 PM   #22
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I can see reading it being fun forever!

Too true.

This has real promise.

[email protected]

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #23
highfiveoh
Banned

Does your computer meet the system requirements? Would Madden work on your computer?
highfiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #24
Desmond
Banned

For the love of Lucy. The game froze on me again. This time I was able to get to my taskbar and close the game without unplugging my computer. It seems if I pick a formation that has only 1 play, and select that particular play, the game freezes. Why I was able to get to my taskbar this time who the hell knows.

I have last years Madden and it purrs like a kitten.

My specs are,
P4 2.80ghz, 512MB ram

I WANT TO GET A FULL GAME OUT OF THIS MOTHERFUCKER!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:38 PM   #25
sabotai
General Manager

This is going to be fun.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:41 PM   #26
Desmond
Banned

Had to crack open a window. Im one of those smokers who tends to chainsmoke when working on a project and right now this room looks like something out of Rescue Me, which is apt.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:42 PM   #27
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Gold!!!! Pure Gold!!!!!

Sadly I could see this thread leading to a nervous breakdown for Desmond right before our eyes as he tries deperately to get MF working,
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:45 PM   #28
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
It seems if I pick a formation that has only 1 play, and select that particular play, the game freezes.

Well, duh, you need to select a DIFFERENT play.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:45 PM   #29
Desmond
Banned

Im going in for a 5th game. First thing I'm gonna do is cut down on quarter time, as 15 minutes is way to long. Maybe go with 8. Also, gotta remember not to pick that game freezing play again.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:47 PM   #30
KWhit
Coordinator

This is great. I really love the trick formation you posted earlier.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:48 PM   #31
Desmond
Banned

BTW, the playbook im using is a user created one. I unloaded all the playbooks I downloaded into the "plays" directory and when I load the game I see four 11-Pro, playbooks. Both Moscow and I are using the same playbook in the hopes of not having too many crashes.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:52 PM   #32
Desmond
Banned

Well, I went to Fraps the kickoff and the game crashed. This is my fault for using Fraps.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:52 PM   #33
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Gold!!!! Pure Gold!!!!!

Sadly I could see this thread leading to a nervous breakdown for Desmond right before our eyes as he tries deperately to get MF working,

Best $4 he ever spent.

For my enjoyment anyway.

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-23-2007, 10:57 PM   #34
kingfc22
Head Coach

Please keep this dynasty going.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #35
Desmond
Banned

I need a break. May resume my efforts later tonight, but more likely tommorow or sunday. On the last fraps crash I was able to post that fraps crashed the game but then everything froze and I had to shut down again. I'm not sure why I want to keep playing as it's clear that neither team can compete a pass and I can't seem to change the quarter length at this point. It would take about 3-4 hours to play out a single game. I need a break.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:22 PM   #36
Desmond
Banned

Screw it, im going back in. Theres a very pretty girl on TV with Keri Russell hair and cute glasses giving some sort of religious sermon.

Also Im wondering what exactly Bill Simmons thinks of Clark Kellogs bizzare blowup over that ticky tacky Georgetown call to end their game. I'm not thinking of the call mind you, im thinking of what Simmons thinks Kellog thinks of it. I think im losing brain cells.

Also the last 2 weeks of Lost were pretty damn good, but nobody wants a pussyfied Locke, they better be carefull about emasculating their hero.

Ok, im going back in.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:36 PM   #37
Desmond
Banned

Great googily moogily. I complete 2 passes. I've played 6 minutes and there have been 3 fumbles though. It's a defensive struggle between Russia and America.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:40 PM   #38
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You know what's scary?

People paid what, 50 dollars for this?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:46 PM   #39
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Setting are pretty simple. All scoring remains the same. 110 yard field. Rougue is in the game, although i'm not sure i really know what it is. Do I have to scout players adept at rouging? 4 Downs. Playable field goals. Nothing too fancy, im not that fearless yet.

I think you mean Rouge, and I take it you're not a huge CFL fan. Basically any touchback or missed field goal through the endzone (or not returned out of the endzone) is a rouge, AKA a single point.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:58 PM   #40
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Ok, im going back in.

There goes the bravest man I never met.

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-23-2007, 11:59 PM   #41
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Please keep this dynasty going.

Word.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:02 AM   #42
Desmond
Banned

Ok, so i've completed 1 quarter of Football. There have been a combined 11 fumbles and 10 of them were turnovers.

There have been a few completed passes.

I'm frapping as many plays as I can so I can put together a hilight reel. Although at this point there isn't much more to laugh at then already has been.

Animation is horrid, and i'm sure that's my fault too as I probably havn't set my GPS or my resolution right or something. Running fraps can't help either.

The only score of the first quarter came when I attempted a long FG in an attempt to get a rouge, but the kick dropped at about the 10 yard line, someone from Moscow picked it up and was about 100 times faster then anyone on my FG unit and ran it all the way back for a TD. I've had it in their territory about 6 times but i can't get closer than the 35 or so and I don't wanna give them another cheap TD so im punting or fumbling. It's a strategy.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:04 AM   #43
JeeberD
General Manager

Maximum awesomeness, dude! Keep it up!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:05 AM   #44
Desmond
Banned

I guess I should note that I'm playing in coach mode. Which means that im picking the plays and letting the computer/players run the play. I don't dare dabble into arcade mode yet, although i didnt see that option when I loaded the game anyway.

So after 1 quarter it's,
Moscow Communists 7
Washington Americans 0

We need to get out of Red Square with an opening day victory or else there will be turmoil worldwide.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:06 AM   #45
Desmond
Banned

2nd quarter, thats my order! Here goes nothing.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:12 AM   #46
Desmond
Banned

Had to take a pee break first. That woman I referred to was Pastor Melissa Scott and she was very pretty. I didn't have any dirty thoughts about her, she was just very nice to look at. I'm thinking that it's no surprise that I was watching a sermon while playing the game, probably gods way of looking out for me.

Now i'm watching ShopAtHomeTV which should be a nice little background noise as I continue.

Ok, 2nd quarter now, for real.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:19 AM   #47
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Go Washington! Do it for America!
Old 03-24-2007, 12:47 AM   #48
Desmond
Banned

A hell of a 2nd quarter. First we return a punt about 90 yards for a TD and then we get a fumble deep in their territory to set us up a ROUGE! The guy who recovered it almost brought it out of the end zone, and time was expired, so he could of done it and not worried about field position, dumb russians. America #1.

I lead 8-7 at the half but shant get cocky.

Shopathometv is selling bookoo cutlery and apparently their was such a haggle with the distributor that even if they sell out the entire stock they wont be making any profit, it's true, the guy said so himself!

Onto the 2nd half.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:13 AM   #49
Desmond
Banned

It's 2 in the morning.

I dominated the 3rd quarter. I messed up on the rouge, i guess it was Moscow who got the point for recovering a missed FG, what do i know.

I got another punt return for a TD and then an actual TD drive. I ran the ball and controlled the clock most of the 3rd quarter, only fumbling once or twice.

I went for 2 points and didnt get it so Im up 20-8.

I'm so tired/not having fun.

Onto the 4th quarter.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:16 AM   #50
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

You should try to win a game solely through rouges