Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-10-2006, 09:17 AM   #151
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Btw, if you still need me to promote, that scout is screaming Woodsman.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #152
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless View Post
After the settler has been completed Edinburgh will start production of a worker to begin improving our civilization's infrastructure.

BTW, have we decided how we're going to assign worker jobs yet? Do we perhaps need a Minister of the Interior position, or do we assign workers out to specific governors? Having all governors vote on every single worker job seems like a bit of overkill IMO. Although it does seem appropriate and I'm all for it in the early goings on.

I had it in mind that I would label workers per their home city and the governor would be in charge of their own worker and can lend them out to other governors, etc. Or the Congress of Governors, I assume, could override the governor and dictate it on an issue by issue basis.

I gotta go home and get the save file so I can move it forward a bit. I dont want to use it too much on the laptop, especially, when the world get bigger and more convoluted. At some point, if we get that far, I may even need to turn down the graphics a bit but that shouldn't matter in this game since its more like an RPG, choose your own adventure type.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:05 PM   #153
Flasch186
Coordinator

Sir, while we didnt find the Cherokee and I'll be honest Im not sure Im looking forward to meeting them, we did meet this strange little man who kept messing with his hair. He calls his people the "Franch".

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #154
Flasch186
Coordinator

WVUfan, I truly need to know where you want us to go. I ave heard from the others that they think it's wisest to head North, and I cannot disagree. Please advise where our Settler and Warrior should go. You could say N3, or NW2 then N 2, or whatever but Ill need to eventually know squares. Ill post pictures to make sure we get it exactly right. Edinburgh will begin working on a worker to improve the infrastructure of the city, here shortly.

CW, after meeting the French, and on the way back to our campsite the Scout was attacked by a Tiger and utterly destroyed. The only thing left were his bones and skull. Our only explorer now is the warrior who has been traversing south along the coast line.

The picture of Edinburgh, the second picture of the city on the 1st page has been updated and it is high time the Settler move out. We await WVUfan.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-10-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #155
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Frenchies?

Feh.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:12 PM   #156
Flasch186
Coordinator

I probably will wait until this evening before setting the Settler to the North. Hopefully I hear from their leader, WVUfan shortly about EXACTLY where he would like them to go.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-11-2006, 02:33 PM   #157
WVUFAN
College Starter

My suggestion is that we go NW1, then N2. It's near a river, with some foot supplies nearby and a mine also in range.

Opinions?

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:39 PM   #158
Flasch186
Coordinator

I actually would suggest, sir, NW2 & then N3 to be on the inside bend of the River Scot. I see Sheep nearby and plenty of food resources. Plus being on the river means we can use it to float things between Edinburgh and the new City. We shouldnt be too close but not too far either. When we get to the spot, Ill take a snapshot to confirm it, just in case we need to cross to the N side of the river before setting root. However, the decision, Govahnah, is yours.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-11-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:54 PM   #159
WVUFAN
College Starter

That's a good place to go ... I hadn't noticed the nice food resources so close to there.

let's do it.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 11-11-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:06 PM   #160
Flasch186
Coordinator

CW

Our Warrior 2 continues to explore southerly, way southerly, but recently was attacked in the forest by a Bengal Tiger. He survived the attack but barely. He has most certainly earned battle scars and a promotion which you can see your options in the picture.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #161
Flasch186
Coordinator

WVUfan

As you can see many of the people have stated, quietly of course, that they like the area highlighted in Blue, in the shadow of the Great Mountain to the East. Should we continue to our intended destination, which is also depicted or follow the people's will?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-11-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:09 PM   #162
WVUFAN
College Starter

Continue to our destination. Food is more plentiful there.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #163
Flasch186
Coordinator

WVUFan, congratulations on your new settlement which will be called Glasgow. You need to decide what you will develop in Glasgow and while the decision is solely yours you may want to co-ordinate your activities with your fellow Governors. during war time, the rules change a bit.

Once you make your selection, your city screen will appear below Edinburgh's on the front page.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-11-2006, 04:24 PM   #164
Flasch186
Coordinator

CW, from where we are I can barely make out a native village to the North but we have no extra units to go explore it. What do you suggest, sir, as there is one warrior within Glasgow at your disposal?

There is also a wild pack of Lions due West of Glasgow but there is absolutely no way the Lions will move close to Glasgow.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-11-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:35 PM   #165
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am reading along and loving it. If it is not Scottish it is CRAP!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:08 PM   #166
WVUFAN
College Starter

Let's build a Warrior first.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #167
Flasch186
Coordinator

Warrior it is. (Glasgow city pic is updated)

CW, our Warrior exploring down south is resting in the forest and praying to God that no creatures of mother nature show up, as he's simply exhausted and bloodied. He is awaiting your promotion, sir.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #168
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

We must have more Woodsmen, I say!
Old 11-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #169
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

(And I've been playing NWN2 basically...all day. And now it's time to go out. Carry on, men. Carry on.)
Old 11-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #170
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
CW, from where we are I can barely make out a native village to the North but we have no extra units to go explore it. What do you suggest, sir, as there is one warrior within Glasgow at your disposal?

There is also a wild pack of Lions due West of Glasgow but there is absolutely no way the Lions will move close to Glasgow.

Standing order. Never lead a city undefended. We'll wait for a unit to come available.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:06 AM   #171
Flasch186
Coordinator

GI

our wise man have revelaed that after many days and nights in the fields with the sheep, they have figured out a way to "fence" them in and keep them in the same general area, feeding them, and breeding them....this could be a momentous day for the Scottish empire. What shall they research now...availability is on the front page of this thread in the Science Queue.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-12-2006 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #172
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Mining or Priesthood are my votes.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:53 PM   #173
gi
College Prospect

I'm voting for Metal Carving because it only takes 9 turns and we can build spearman for defense if needed. The Barbarians might be coming....
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #174
Flasch186
Coordinator

i await WvuFan and Mrsimperless' input on the matter although GI's technical expertise is weighed more heavily.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-12-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #175
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post
I'm voting for Metal Carving because it only takes 9 turns and we can build spearman for defense if needed. The Barbarians might be coming....

I'll go along with that.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #176
Flasch186
Coordinator

that'll make their votes moot and Ill move us forward in the morning. I believe one of you is traveling tomorrow so we may not get very far tomorrow.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-12-2006, 10:33 PM   #177
WVUFAN
College Starter

I agree with gi. Metal Carving -- our defense should be key right now.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:50 PM   #178
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Metal Carving is unanimous - I almost voted for it last time in fact.

As an aside I wanted to remind everyone that I fly back out to Thailand first thing Monday morning. Basically what this means is that I'll be out of action for a couple of days while I travel there and that once I get there I'll be 12 hours ahead of EDT so my updates might be a bit more sporadic. However I usually have my pc next to me while I'm sleeping and try to check it periodically throughout the night (US day time) as its very hard to sleep especially the first week or so that I'm there. I should arrive mid-afternoon on Tuesday US time and I'll try to catch up on things then.

In the meantime I defer my decisions to the other governors and Flasch until you hear back from me. When the worker is done I think I should probably start improving the land around Edinburgh with farms and pastures where applicable as unless I'm mistaken the river already provides a trade route between Edinburgh and Glasgow. (Although roads will definitely be needed soon for more efficient unit transport)

I'm not quite sure what direction to go with production next. I will let you guys decide this for me. Unless you're ready for another settler then I think I should probably go spearman if metal carving is finished. If its not done yet then go warrior and change production to a spearman when we can.

Best of luck guys! I travel contented knowing I leave the fate of Edinburgh and the Scottish nation in your more than able hands.

Last edited by mrsimperless : 11-12-2006 at 11:52 PM.
mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:11 AM   #179
Flasch186
Coordinator

WVUfan

It didnt take long for the people to begin traversing between Edinburgh and Glasgow. As a matter of fact, some in our court in Glasgow have seen and heard people practicing Hinduism which is good because it seems to keep the people more in line. In all honesty i thought it would take longer for the religion to take foot in Glasgow but Im glad to have been proven wrong.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-13-2006, 07:13 AM   #180
Flasch186
Coordinator

CW

It didnt take long for the other Lions int he jungle/forest to smell the blood from our warrior, battle scars or not....he just couldnt stand up to the wave after wave of Lions that seemed to be everywhere. Unfortunately he has perished in the jungle/forest to the south. We now have no one exploring and we never accomplished our goal of finding the Cherokee.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-13-2006, 07:22 AM   #181
Flasch186
Coordinator

GI, Our wise men have discovered the secret of shaping metals and stone...we need to begin researching something else. Our wise men seem to be getting the hang of researching new stuff. Our worker in Edinburgh is almost ready to begin improving the surroundings and their first task will be to reign in the sheep on the hill to the west. Those sheep are an excellent source of food for the city. After that there are some flood plains due west of the city I believe that they should work on controlling the water to help improve the area for its fertile growth of food.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #182
gi
College Prospect

Here is how I see it for this next tech:

Mining, Pottery, or Archery make sense. All three take a smaller amount of time to research. I think we are good enough to not research archery until the next tech. Maybe two more techs. I'd like mining or pottery. Pottery will let us take advantage of out excellent abundance of food and grow quickly. We have religion so our cities would be able to grow and be happy. (until 6 I think). Mining would give our worker more to do, but our worker is plenty busy already.

I think we should do Pottery first for granary, then mining, then archery. Tentatively. Thoughts?

Last edited by gi : 11-13-2006 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:05 AM   #183
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

A scout or a warrior would be nice to have from one of our cities, if just to get that village up there.

But as for exploration, we know what's around us, and that's what matters. I'd like to see us expand as fast as possible to secure as much of this untamed land as we can. Screw the rest of the world for the time being, we have some good natural borders to expand to. Scotland will be full of Scots.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:10 AM   #184
Flasch186
Coordinator

I agree with pottery so we shall go there.

We will have control of Edinburgh while their Governor takes a foray into the wilderness to complete a hunt.

I believe Edinburgh should have one more warrior. We can dispatch him to meet the native village to the North and then bring him back, although Glasgow is working on another warrior at their Governor's behest. Thoughts?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-13-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #185
Flasch186
Coordinator

Edinburgh has graduated its warrior, what shall they begin to produce while Edinburgh's worker continues to work on the hill trying to control the sheep. when theyre done they will also begin to build some roads there to be able to transport the sheep & wool into Edinburgh.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-13-2006, 11:08 AM   #186
Flasch186
Coordinator

WVUFAN

Glasgow has graduated its warrior and the wise men need your direction as to what Glasgow should produce:

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-13-2006, 11:09 AM   #187
Flasch186
Coordinator

CW

Shall we dispatch one of Glasgow's warriors to the native village to the North, if they havnt left?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-13-2006, 12:53 PM   #188
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
CW

Shall we dispatch one of Glasgow's warriors to the native village to the North, if they havnt left?

Please do so.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:45 PM   #189
Flasch186
Coordinator

What shall we build in Edinburgh while Mrsimperless is on his hunt? The picture above shows our options.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-13-2006, 01:56 PM   #190
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Worker. Then Settler. Then Stonehenge.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 11-13-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #191
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Worker. Then Settler. Then Stonehenge.

Can we then build some dwarfs and an amp that goes to 11?
Old 11-13-2006, 02:19 PM   #192
Flasch186
Coordinator

Gi, what do you think we should build in Edinburgh?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #193
gi
College Prospect

Worker until Granary is available, then finish worker, settler, stonehenge. Prophets are nice.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #194
Flasch186
Coordinator

I await WVUfan's direction in Glasgow as to what to build.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-14-2006, 06:47 AM   #195
Flasch186
Coordinator

Since I havnt heard from WVUFan yet regarding Glasgow, Im going to have to ask Mrsimperless, CW, and GI to direct the city while we find out why WVUFan overslept. What shall Glasgow build?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-14-2006, 07:01 AM   #196
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Since I havnt heard from WVUFan yet regarding Glasgow, Im going to have to ask Mrsimperless, CW, and GI to direct the city while we find out why WVUFan overslept. What shall Glasgow build?

Worker, Granary, or Settler.

I'd favor a worker.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:23 AM   #197
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Worker. We need to develop.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #198
Flasch186
Coordinator

CW

The warrior went to the North and met with the villagers on the coast. He brought back a map that truly only showed how far the water goes to the NW. They must be heavily involved in using the water because thats about all they knew about. Sorry sir that it wasn't something better that they could enlighten us upon. We'll bring the warrior back.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #199
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Can you post a good updated "overview" pic of our empire and surrounding areas on the 1st page so I can get my bearings of what's what?
Old 11-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #200
Flasch186
Coordinator

Now that the wise man have learned how to make these wonderful things out of clay and the earth, what shall we pursue next (see the science board)

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-14-2006 at 11:36 AM.