Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

NBA 2k8...Minnesota SUCKS!

I know there is also another Minnesota dynasty and as much as I would like to stay away from redudancy,I need to see the T'wolves win a Championship or I am afraid I will do something bad. On the other hand I will try to make my Dynasty different in terms of players and style.

Rules.
CPU Trades off. I hate to do this but I dont want three hundred trades a year or bad trades. It affects the game so much to have them on that the effect of not having them is minimal.
1-2 games a month. I will only be able to play 1-2 games a month as I want this to be more of a GM dynasty. I do want to be able to get a feel for the team. I will most likely pick one big game a month. For the playoffs I am only allowed two games per series.
All-Star. I am playing on all-star with the settings I found in the NBA 2k8 thread. I may change this as I get better.

Any other questions. Just ask me.

Last edited by nfg22 : 01-08-2008 at 01:35 PM.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Hi. My name is John Carlson. I just got the job as GM of the Timberwolves. You may not know me unless you watch Notre Dame football, but who wants to do that? My son played for them the past four years as a tight end. Hopefully he makes it in the NFL. Check him out on ESPN, he is GOOD! Anyways this isn't an attempt to promote him, but a chronicle of my success(or failure!) as GM of the Minnesota Timberwolves. I wanted a place off the public eye where people are knowledgeable about sports, I found this. So feel free to give me advice or encouragement. Just keep this quiet, I don't want it in the papers.

My experience. You may be wondering why I got the job. That is if you don't live in Minnesota. Well I have been quite successful. One time I took my team the Litchfield Dragons to the State Finals three years out of four and won every year. I also played at Saint Could State, and so did my son. I am considered one of the best coaches in high school and have turned down many smaller college jobs. That may not be enough reason to jump up to the GM of the T'wolves but then again, who wouldn't be better than Kevin Mchale. Well that's enough for now. I shall write more later. Have a good day and buy some season tickets.

Last edited by nfg22 : 01-08-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #3
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Preseason 2007
To start off the season I make a pretty big trade.(In hindsight I shouldn't have done this, I was tired last night and didnt think how unair this was to the AI.) I trade Antoine Walker, Gerald Green, Raef Lefrentz, and Trenton Hassel for Kwame Brown, Andrew Bynum, Luke Walton, and Vlad Radmonovic. I make out well with some young talent but I also took on a few bad contracts. This may be a great trade or a horrible one, depending on how Bynum and Green do. So far it looks as if Green is growing better.

The season starts tommorow. I will give an update next month.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

November 2007

We go 3-8 in November. Its looking like a long season. We won three of the first six and then Went on a major losing streak. Coach Witman will have to go, he just doesn't look to be the one getting this done. Our young talent is looking promising. Considering that we will have two first rounders next year. Ours and Miami's, this team should be able to contend in two to three years. The trade with the Lakers has just not panned out. Bynum is only averaging 8ppg and 5rpg. Walton adding in about 10ppg. The other two, Radmonovic and Brown aren't getting too much time.

For the Lakers it is looking good as they sit second in their division with Green adding 12ppg and Walker adding another 10ppg and 5rpg. Green is also improving alot. It seems to be up and up for him. Hopefully Bynum can start to improve and become a force for us. Speaking of young guys. Jefferson is averaging 20 and 10 with Brewer second in scoring at 13ppg. It looks as if we have a nice core. Though I would like Brewer to play SG and get a star SF. Anyways off to the races for the #1 pick. Next month we will know more about prospects and will update then. Thanks for reading.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

My NBA 2k8 disc got scratched when the console was moved while running. I will probably continue this dynasty when I have more money to buy another game....
Old 01-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #6
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Just as a note. When I start back up I will be playing on Hall of Fame as I have gotten good enough with the game to at least win games on this level about 40 percent of the time. Partly due to my strategy of getting good three point shooters and one good post.