Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-23-2023, 12:14 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Abe's Top XI for FM Games

Hello everyone! I hope that you are having an awesome day today! I have been going back and reading my many FM Dynasties that I posted here and really enjoying them and I came up with an awesome idea. What would be my best of across all of my dynasties?

I started this series way back when it was called Championship Manager with an EPL league team called Ipswich that didn’t have a lot of pressure on it to win right away to learn the game. After my 9th game with a lot of losses I moved from the 4-4-2 I inherited and moved to a 3-1-3-1-2 with an AMC, DMC, and 3 DCs and I hired Taribo West a Nigerian International DC to take the open spot alongside fellow international Finidi George already starting. I built this tactic around a player I thought was miscast at MC called Matthew Holland and used it extensively in many other dynasties.

Next I took Bolton, another EPL team with less pressure and played them a while. Then I decided to play a lesser England team, and I took Yeovil Town up the charts, and then Wrexham and then Carlisle up to the 2nd league, and job a job offer from Kaiserslautern in the Bundesliga and pushed myself there hard and won some there, that was my longest dynasty until recently. That was my first time winning a top flight league as I never came close with Bolton and Ipswich.

Then I started a game as Ukrainian side Metalugh Zaporizhzhia and won that league a few times against heavies Shaktar and Dynamo Kiev. I loved it, and that began a love of top flight Eastern European dynasties that began with the Czech Republic’s Slavia Prague, and later Romania’s Sepsi where I moved to EPL Team Huddersfield, and FC Nitra in Slovakia and finished with a long campaign at France’s Bordeaux and broke my streak, and then Hungarian side Balmazújvárosi and then I moved to Italian Serie A club U.S. Sassuolo for some years. Then I also did Circle Brugge in Belgium’s top flight, Nacional de Madeira in Portugal’s top flight, then Sporting as a sequel to that that was dropped out of the top flight, then the 3rd division north African side Melilla in Spain and won promotion to the Liga and won that and the Champion’s league in my 7th year there, and then a run at Liga Basque-only team Athletic Bilbao. I also did lesser English clubs Poole Town and Crewe in there as well.

I have run a bunch of dynasties here in the FM thing with a bunch of different tactics from 4-4-2 Diamond that won the Champion’s League in Portugal or my 4-4-2 in North Africa until I dropped to 4-1-3-2 at DMC after I brought in DMC Osmar 18 months in. I have run and won with 4-5-1’s with 4 Defenders and one each AM RLC and one ST, the 2 DMC 4-5-1, the 3-5-2 base, won with the aforementioned 3-1-3-2 many places and loads more. So I figured that for my top, I should include the maximum number of positions that I played. I did run 4-4-2 Diamond in Madeira and 4-1-3-2 in Melilla and 4-5-1 in places like Huddersfield and Italy, and then I also ran 3 defenders loads of places. So I’ll have 3 DCs and 1 each DR and DL.

For purposes of this selection criteria, I will not be including newly generated players that I built my team around like the AMC Romanian Messi Robert Lupu that broke my team, or the French wonderkid ST Vincent Besnard for Bordeaux that set a bunch of French awards in that country year after year. Also, it just doesn’t feel right having lesser teams not in top flights count, so all of my lesser English teams as well as Sporting don’t count. Therefore, Wrexham, Yeovil Town, Carlisle, Pool Town, Crewe Alexandria and Sporting dynasties don’t count, unless…well...there an exception, but you’ll see why. Ready?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-24-2023 at 08:26 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 05:35 PM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let's kick this thang off with...

Goalkeeper –

Best GKThibaut Courtois – Belgium, Slavia Prague – My best pick up in my long campaign in Croatia was Courtois at-the-time younger force of goalkeeping nature. He was a wonderkid that my scouts found since this was long ago, and just my 2nd Eastern European top flight dynasty, and he won tons of trophies with me as well as setting stats for some of the best keeping in the league. He was my best GK ever that was not a newgen.

Shout Out #1Victor Rîmniceanu, Romania, Sepsi AND Balmazújvárosi – Rîmniceanu was the GK I inherited on my GK Squad Sepsi and he was the best Romanian GK in the league, but there were better ones. He did very well for us, won us the league, and was very professional. We needed to advance in Europe play I sold him and brought in a replacement in order to play better in Continental Play. I brought him in on a free with my Hungarian side Balmazújvárosi in their final upgrade to a better GK and he won that league and did very well for me in that league as well.

Shout Out #2 - Kepa Arrizabalaga, Spain, Basque, At. Bilbao – This wonderkid came through our ranks and won two Liga titles in the first three years of starts. He was capped by Spain, and in real life sold to Chelsea for a record fee for a GK at 80 million Euros where he has won the EURO and the Champion’s League. So you know he’s good. He got top 5 in all GK stats from shut outs to saves held and parried in all of his starts.

Shout Out #3 - Jussi Jääskeläinen, Finland, Bolton – The best player I inherited at Bolton was their GK that started for the Finnish National team. Jussi was the reason we had so many shut outs and low scoring wins in my three years with Bolton when we always charted better than you would expect. He was very strong.

Shout Out #4 - André Moreira, Portugal, Bordeaux – My first addition at GK in year one and finished year one with the most saves held, parried, and 2nd best goals after the obvious powerhouse of Courtois. He was my best addition of year one. 20 shut outs. We won Ligue 1 with him as my GK starter. He was my only starting non-Newgen on my team that started years after my Eastern Europe dynasty began.

See how this is going to work?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-23-2023 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 07:39 AM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Defensive Center –

#1 - Bogdan Mitrea, Romania, Sepsi AND Nitra – This hoss is my favorite DC I have ever had. He has started for the Romanian National Team, he has strong mentals, technically gifted and more and he is just a great DC for any side that needs a quality guy. I brought him in for a free in Sepsi year 2, and then for Nitra as well. In his first year we won the Romanian Cup. However, there is another reason he is here. He is brilliant in Set Pieces. From scores at direct free kicks and PKs to assists in indirect free kicks and corners he just gets so many scores and assists that he’ll net you more goals and assists than an attacking middle! In year one with Sepsi he had 8 goals and 4 assists. In year three of the dynasty and his 2nd with us we won the Super Cup, got out of the EURO Group stage against OM and Sevilla and won the league and clocked in 5 goals and 10 assists. He’s just that good. In year four overall and third with us he won the triple with the Romanian Cup, league and Super Cup, we made it to the Champion’s Group Stage even though we started in the 1st Knockout round, win a group was the 4 seed with Juventus, Benfica, and Sparta Prague We were the only Eastern European nation to make it out of the Group Stage. We lose in the 1st knockout round to Valencia. By the by our U19 team beat Sporting to win the Champions league, just in case you care.

#2 – Titus Bramble, England, Ipswich – When I started my first game, I inherited a wonderkid named Titus Bramble who came through their youth system. He was the defensive star of that entire 3 DC starting dynasty and always had great rating and he got me a hattrick of goals one game off set pieces and he was a great target man for set pieces and him and Mitrea would get along marvelously. You always remember your first!!!

#3. Oguchi Onyewu – USA, Kaiserslautern – My first signing with the Bundesliga team was this USA National Team Player. He owned that spot from the beginning to the end, winning the Bundesliga multiple times. Capped 69 times I knew how reliable he was from when I ran the USMNT squad. And we went womb to tomb together!!!

Others:

Shout Out #1 - DC Aymeric Laporte, France, Spain, Basque, At. Bilbao
– This young wonderkid from France with Basque heritage came through the Bilbao youth system and I inherited him. He was just finished growing at 21, and he was an absolute stud for me. He had great ratings, and the occasional score from target man, won multiple Ligas, awards like Liga Team of the Year multiple times, and more. Dude is awesome. He played for France as a youth but was never capped as a pro, so he swapped to Spain and plays for them.

Shout Out #2 - Milan Milanovic, Serbia, Nitra
– Brought in year one, signed for free, won top ten in all league stats like key tackles and headers and interceptions after first year of starting. And every year later. Dominated the Fortuna.

Shout Out #3 – Viera, Ivory Coast, Sepsi – He started year one in Sepsi with an age of 30. He finished season one in Romania leading the league in shots blocked, interceptions, top ten in key tackles, first in headers won and 2nd in key headers. And we got 4th.

Old 04-24-2023, 12:26 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Fullback, Right:

Dennis Diekmeier – Germany, Balmazújvárosi
– I moved from 3-1-3-1-2 after my first year and early in my 2nd after we just couldn’t get things to work to 4-3-1-2 and he was my first fullback signing I signed off a free. He was a studly 4.5 and played it. He finished with a strong 7.12 rating, my best rated defender, his first year and we won the league in year 2 due to this tactical change. We won more leagues and then Cups as well.

Shout Out #1 - DR Pol Lirola, Italy, U.S. Sassuolo
– 3 star rating inherited him, Played better than you might think with 7.12 rating, my best rating for any Defender or GK in my team’s first year. Won Serie A. Started the entire dynasty since he was a homegrown player who came through my club and played better than he looks.

Shout Out #2 - DR Joăo Aurélio, Portugal, Nacional da Madeira AND Sporting – I inherited him as an AMR, MR, DR best in the AMR spot but I moved to a 4-4-2 Diamond and started him at fullback. He played very well there despite not having great stats and just a 3 star rating. He was my most in form Defender, won the league in year 3 and 4, won the treble in year 4, won multiple Cups, and played very well back there. I signed him to a free in year 2 of my Sporting dynasty after we won promotion back to the top Portuguese flight.

Old 04-24-2023, 04:09 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Fullback, Left:

Emiliano Insúa, Argentina, Huddersfield Town
– This guy started with my team and I kept him and he started for me from womb to tomb. We won the FA Cup and got as high as 3rd in the EPL behind the Manchesters. 5 caps for Argentina.

I only had non-New Gen of value here, my best was newgen Ronaldo for Portugal's Nacional.

Old 04-25-2023, 07:32 AM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Defensive Midfielder: Oh, I did have some 4-5-1 with two DMCs so I have two ones hitting here.

#1 - Matthew Holland, Ireland, Ipswich –
The guy I created my iconic tactic around, who led my team in ratings, and I named this tactic after. Every other DMC became a Holland Clone. He also is my favorite footballer, and he was one of he first with his own website early on in the early internet days. I have a Holland Ipswich jersey.

#2. Pierre-Emile Hřjbjerg, Denmark, Nacional da Madeira –
I signed this guy on a free from Bayern Munich on December 31 in year 3.5 and he joined in year 4 when they hadn’t reupped his deal for six months later. Often seen as a creative AMC force, I played him as a playmaker at DMC and our defense shored up. Our Portuguese winning team didn’t shore up until after Hřjbjerg showed up. He won multiple Leagues including the treble in year 4, and another league title in year 5, before the board forced me to accept a 44 mill transfer offer. Welcome!

Shout Out #1 – Osmar, Spain, Melilla – I signed Osmar on a free in January break in year 2 in the 2nd league down and he had left a South Korean team. I changed my 4-4-2 tactic to 3-1-3-2 to accommodate him, and he played very well. He became my captain, and I brought in a bunch of South Korean players to the team later after we were promoted to the Liga in 18 months, like Newgen allstars Dong-Hyuk and Jae-Hwan and then starting GK for the South Korean squad Kim Seung-Gyu. He got great rating until we left, and then we kept him in after hitting the Liga and he still got great ratings in our double Liga winning 4 years of my dynasty there.

Shout Out #2 – Xabi Alonso, Spain, Basque, Athletic Bilbao – While running my 6 years in the Liga with Bilbao, I tried to turn myself into a Pan-Basque team and brought in ST/AM Antonine Griezmann, Javi Martinez at DC and Xabi off a free in the December 31st window for 6 months later where he retired playing for me a few years later. While playing for me, we won the Liga, multiple Cups, and he got great ratings. He is a Spanish international and he has been capped 114 times, and has played for the Basque National Team in friendlies as well.

Shout Out #3 - Wilder Cartagena, Peru, Sepsi, - I added him for 775k in year two, we won the Romanian Cup that year and he started, and then the Super Cup and League year 3. He played DMC quite ably, but I nicknamed him “Card-agena” due to his proclivity to get yellows. He became my team Captain in year 4, he won the year 4 Super Cup,

Old 04-25-2023, 12:29 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Midfielder, Center – Since I ran 3-5-2 a lot, we have three MCs.

#1 - Aaron Mooy – Australia, Huddersfield
– 57 caps by this MC, he was my Captain, won the FA Cup, he was one of four players on my 1st year squad that were not newgens since this started deep into my Sepsi dynasty, my Romanian team played against his in the World Cup, we won 4-0 behind two goals by ST Andre Ivan, one by defensive ST Florin Andone and then someone you’ll see later Patrick Petre. We then knock out Croatia in the first Knockout stage, Portugal in the Quarters 5-0 before losing to Italy in the Semis 4-3. We finished 3rd the first year behind the Manchesters. Good job Captaining that Mooy!

#2 - MC Ahmed Sayed – Egypt, UD Melilla – Signed in my first year in the Liga with Melilla. Won African Footballer of the Year with me, was our most in form player, with a 7.85 rating, signed by Man United for his min release fee of 55 mill. Was Fan’s player of the year and best signing and young player of the year. He plays for the Egyptian National Squad.

#3. Sébastien Renouard, France, Carlisle AND Kaiserslautern AND Cercle Brugge– I had just been promoted to the 2nd best league in England and signed Renouard. He played very well for me, was one of my highest rated players, and then we got a mid-table position in year 1 and then just close to playoffs in year two both times better than predicted. Then when I went to Germany for my first foray into outside of England, I brought with me. He started then moved to rotation after I brought in better players. He still had better ratings. Then in my Belgium dynasty next door I remembered him and brought him in as well since he spoke French. He won that league. We did very well together. I loved him so much that any time he is available for a staff role I bring him onto my team.

Shout-Out:

Shout Out #1 - Mahamane Traoré, Mali, Sepsi
- I signed him for free in my first transfer window. He’s been capped 32 times by Mali. After 12 games he was my most in form player with a 7.23 rating. He was running that midfield. He finished 2nd in key passes in year one, and we got 4th in the league well above our predicted table finish and got EURO qualification. We then got 2nd next year.

Old 04-25-2023, 12:35 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Following!
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 01:53 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Following!

Awesome possum!

Old 04-26-2023, 08:18 AM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Midfielder, Right:

Patrick Petre, Romania, Sepsi – Brought him in to my Romanian squad and capped him, he played in the World Cup, I had him on loan when I started my dynasty, and then he played so well that I signed him and brought him to my team. He doesn’t look great, but he plays so well! He scores and gets tons of assists and just plays so well. He finished year two with the best rating in the league with 7.54. He also led in assists in year two by 1 over another player on my team, and won League and Young Player of the year for the division. We got 4th in year one with him starting much higher than relegation candidate, in year two he got three MOMs in a row, led the league with 8, and won Player of the Year for my fans.

Shout Out #1 – Finindi George, Nigeria, Ipswich
– Capped by Nigeria 62 times, this winger I inherited for my first team, and was my top non-DMC or Bramble DC on my team raining down the goals. He was very strong in my first dynasty ever!!!

Shout Out #2 - Daniel Candeias, Portugal, Nacional da Madeira – Started with him at three stars, and a ML with 4, and he outplayed the ML a bunch. He outplayed his talent level. In his three years with me won the Portuguese League once, multiple Cups, and won League Team of the Year as well as being one of my highest rated players year in and year out.

Old 04-26-2023, 01:26 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Midfielder, Left:

#1. Adam Hloušek, Czech, Slavia Prague
– I started my Slavia Prague dynasty with this wonderkid who was purchased from Jablonec where he started his career. He is just so strong. He started my years long dynasty there, and was the only player still with me at the end. He won loads of awards and was my best ML ever. He rained crosses down from on high. He has 8 apps for the Czech Republic.

Shout Out:

Shout Out #1 - Dejan Školnik, Croatia, Nacional da Madeira
– 4 star rating, 5 years of starts, won the League three times, treble in year 4, and underplayed his talent in year 1-2, but played up to it year 3-5, and he was the last standing original player on my team. Very strong with the assists and ratings in the years I was winning the league. Played for Croatian youth teams.

Shout Out #2 - Daisuke Sato, Philippines, Sepsi – I inherited Sato as a starting fullback on my just promoted to the top side Sepsi for the first time in their history. I moved to 3-5-2 so I moved Sato to ML from DL. In real life Sato has been capped by the Philippines 54 times. He finished the first season with a 7+ rating and he won Young Player of the Year for our club

And then there were four!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-26-2023 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:11 AM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And now it's time for the positions that define modern Soccer/Football, the three AM positions!

Attacking Midfielder, Center:

#1. Sebastian Driussi – Argentina, Nacional da Maderia – I brought this young guy to be a creative attacking presence as a wonderkid out of Argentina for my Portugal squad. He scored tons of goals, assists and won Argentinian Player of the Year over Messi. With what I called my Trinity of Terror (newgen German ST Andreas Rocker and Polish ST Mariusz Stępiński) we all rained goals and assists. We won my first Champion’s League title with Nacional and therefore he wins over the next one, but that one was also so dominant that I thought about having two AMCs. Singed for free on January Year 5 for Year 6. Here is what he was stepping into, as an example:

Champions League, Year 5, Group Stage:

Man City
Valencia
Us
Ajax

We finished 4th with one point home vs Ajax.

First year with Driussi:

Year 6, Group Stage:

Dortmund
Tottenham
Clube Brugge
Us

Tottenham had won the Champions league last year and the EURO Two years ago.
We took all 6 from Brugge
We took all six from Tottenham including a 6-2 away game in England
We took 4 from Dortmund.

We won and Tottenham came out 2nd.

Then we faced and defeated OL and Levenkusen and took 6 points from each to make it to the Semis where lost to Man Untd by one goal aggregate, and they lost by a goal to fellow Portuguese team Porto in the Final.

Then in Year 7:

Our group included Brugge again, Liverpool and Stuttgart. We shut out Stuttgart on the road 3-0; handle Liverpool 2-1 in our place; handle Brugge 2-0 away; 5-2 at home to get 6 from them; we qualify with two games left; tie Stuttgart at home 2-2 with an OG helping them tie us; tie Liverpool away 2-2. Not a loss.

Not bad right?

Knockout Round #1 - Napoli: We won 2-0 there and 2-1 home for 6 points
Quarters - Inter: We win 3-1 home and lose 1-2 there so win 4-3 aggregate
Semis - CSKA Moscow (Benfica and Porto make it, and Porto won last year): 6-2 home and lose 4-1 there and win 7-6 aggregate
Final vs Benfica: We in 5-0.

We tie Porto on points with 87 one loss to each other but win with GD. We win all three cups and the league in year 7, and the Champion's league, so the quintuple.

Druissi won Player of the Year in Year 7, Champions Cup Dream Team.

See how different things were with Driussi added at the AMC spot? He won Player of the Year for the division in his first year, and won the league and cups in his debut year. Last year, before we arrived, we had a rough go and barely won. This year we never dropped a game, only a few ties.

I have run two AMCs at At. Bilbao and one St for a month while my other striker was injured, but that was an injury choice so I don’t count it here…I wish I could since this next guy SHOULD be in my Top XI.

Shout Out #1 – Alexis Sánchez – Chile, Kaiserslautern – We won so many Bundesliga titles behind my best addition to the team during my time there with this wonderkid my scouts found there. He has 152 caps for Chile and is their top goalscorer and most capped player. He’s worth it.

Shout Out #2 - Tomáš Ďubek – Slovakia, Balmazújvárosi – One of my first major signings was this AMC older, and he played every year at the AMC position for me.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-27-2023 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:04 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Attacking Midfielder, Right:

Felice D’Amico, Italy, Huddersfield Town
– Young wonderkid who is an attacking middle, started as a three star rating in the English Premier League, was my most in form player, very strong, led the EPL in his debut year with 9 MOM, 7.56 3rd most in form player in the EPL and best on my team, won the FA Cup, with 18 assists lead the EPL by 4, got as high as 3rd behind the Manchester teams.

Shout Out #1 - Domenico Berardi, Italy, U.S. Sassuolo, - I inherited hm with this team, he did very well for me and counted as a key homegrown player. 7.13 rating year one, Fans #2 player, came though youth system, 12 goals and 11 assists in year one; 15 goals and 11 assists in year 2; won Serie A Year 3 – 16 goals, 8 assists; 13 goals, 8 assists in year 4. Plays for the Italy National Team.

Old 04-27-2023, 03:59 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Attacking Midfielder, Left:

Matteo Politano, Italy, U.S. Sassuolo – I inherited him with this team. He rocked a 7.26 rating year one, my highest rated player in the first year, won Fans player of the year, capped for Italy. First year got 13 assists and 9 goals; 2nd 6 goals, 18 assists; won Serie A in year 3, 5 goals, 13 assists; Year 4 – 9 goals, 10 assists.

Shout Out #1 - Vinícius Júnior, Brazil, Huddersfield Town – Signed on a free in my debut season at Huddersfield. Internationally capped by Brazil 20 times. Played AML on my English Premiership Team, had a 7.54 rating to be the 4th best player in the EPL, won the FA Cup, 20 goals and 12 assists in Year 1, was Fan’s Player of the Year and Signing of the Season,

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-27-2023 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:24 AM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Striker

#1 – Gabriel Dodoi, Romania, Sepsi AND Nitra AND Balmazújváros
i – I started my career at Romania’s Sepsi and I brought in unsigned 18 year old ST Dodoi on a hot prospect contract. He looked…fine. Nothing amazing, but fine. Then I started him due to injury at ST and he broke Romania. I kept him and we won the league and set goal scoring records, and then I had to sell him. I also brought him in Nitra and Balmazújvárosi on free and also won their divisions behind him. I was forced to sell him all three since he was that good and wanted to move on and had outplayed us, but in one he never captured his magic and I brought him back for the last 6 months in the January window. Dodoi is my favorite ST.

#2 – Inaki Williams, Spain, Basque, Ghana, At. Bilbao –
Born the son of Ghanian immigrants in Bilbao and coming through their youth system, this guy can play all AM and M and St positions, and I started him at ML, and then moved him to ST 6 months in. In real life he was capped by Spain at the youth level, now plays for Ghana in the 2022 World Cup. He won tons of awards in my career and two Liga titles from World Golden Ball to Liga Player of the Year, he just broke everything.

Shout Out #1 - Mario Rondón, Venezuela, Nacional da Madeira
- I inherited this older ST at Nacional and we worked together so well that he won the European Golden Ball in his first year with us, and was in Team of the Year for the Portuguese top flight thrice, and the only one not in Porto or Benfica to be in it my first year. He led my team in rating in year one as well, and had the most Man of the Matches in the league by 3. We won the league in year 3 and 4, and the treble in year 4. He also led the league in goals many years. In real life, after leaving Nacional for four years he would go to Romania for Cluj, and is now playing for Sepsi, weird right? We kept him as my AssMan after he retired. He is a starter for the Venezuela National Team. I love him loads.

Shout Out #2 – Milan Đurić, Bosnia, Nitra – My favorite target man! He was so tall and with just a great heading, that he rained down goals on everyone nearby. He plays for the Bosnia International Squad. I brought him in year 3 on a free and he got me a win in the Fortuna the first year with us and 12 assists, 2nd best in league and 15 goals; year two was another Fortuna win and 9 MOM led the league, set the record with 28 goals and rocked 10 assists.

Shout Out #3 – Halil Altintop, Turkey, Kaiserslautern – This Turkish ST was my best player in Kaiserslautern when I took over the team. He was fine, but not amazing, until I brought in Alexis Sanchez, and then the two just did some massive damage. He was the only player I kept from womb to tomb and won a pair of Bundesliga titles as well for me. He has been capped 38 times by Turkey.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-28-2023 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-28-2023, 11:20 AM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In Summation here are my Top XI at every position:

GK - Thibaut Courtois – Belgium, Slavia Prague
DC - Bogdan Mitrea, Romania, Sepsi AND Nitra; Titus Bramble, England, Ipswich; Oguchi Onyewu, USA, Kaiserslautern
DR - Dennis Diekmeier – Germany, Balmazújvárosi
DL - Emiliano Insúa, Argentina, Huddersfield Town
DMC - Matthew Holland, Ireland, Ipswich; Pierre-Emile Hřjbjerg, Denmark, Nacional da Madeira
MC - Aaron Mooy – Australia, Huddersfield; MC Ahmed Sayed – Egypt, UD Melilla; Sébastien Renouard, France, Carlisle AND Kaiserslautern AND Cercle Brugge
MR - Patrick Petre, Romania, Sepsi
ML - Adam Hloušek, Czech, Slavia Prague
AMC - Sebastian Driussi – Argentina, Nacional da Maderia
AMR - Felice D’Amico, Italy, Huddersfield Town
AML - Matteo Politano, Italy, U.S. Sassuolo
ST - Gabriel Dodoi, Romania, Sepsi AND Nitra AND Balmazújvárosi; Inaki Williams, Spain, Basque, Ghana, At. Bilbao

And there we go!!!!!

Old 04-28-2023, 11:25 AM   #17
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Nice look back...
Old 04-28-2023, 02:05 PM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let's sort by nationality!

I am using birth nation, not parental nation like Inaki or nation raised in.

Nation:

Argentina - Emiliano Insúa; Sebastian Driussi
Australia – Aaron Mooy
Belgium – Thibaut Courtois
Czech Republic - Adam Hloušek
Denmark - Pierre-Emile Hřjbjerg
Egypt - Ahmed Sayed
England - Titus Bramble
France - Sébastien Renouard
Germany - Dennis Diekmeier
Ireland – Matthew Holland
Italy - Felice D’Amico; Matteo Politano
Romania - Bogdan Mitrea; Patrick Petre; Gabriel Dodoi
Spain - Inaki Williams
USA - Oguchi Onyewu

Note that only two nations have two – Australia and Italy, and then one with three – Romania. We have a lot of heavy hitters with none – Brazil, Portugal. I had a ton of dynasties in England’s top league like Huddersfield, Ipswich and Bolton, but just one English player. Two dynasties winning Spain’s Liga but just one Spanish player. Two in Portugal with Nacional and Sporting but none from there. I have just one dynasty in Romania, but three players charted there. Weird right?

Old 04-28-2023, 02:12 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now Let’s Break Down Those Numbers by Region –

North America – 1
South America – 2
Australia and Oceania – 1
The British Isles – 2
Western Europe – 7
Eastern Europe – 4
Middle East – 1

18!

You can see that despite all of my Eastern European dynasties for Ukraine to Hungary to Czech I have just four EE people. Despite my fondness for singing Contonu Africans for EU s to get my numbers wile finding great talent none made it here. Western Europe had a massive 7 slots, even the powerhouse of South America just 2. None of my South Korean in Melilla made it so I have no Asians here hitting at all.

Old 04-28-2023, 02:23 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now let’s break these 18 into clubs to see if I have a club bias here. If they were in multiple clubs, they count for all of them:

Balmazújvárosi – 2
At. Bilbao - 1
Carlise – 1
Cercle Brugge - 1
Huddersfield Town - 3
Ipswich – 2
Kaiserslautern – 2
UD Melilla - 1
Nacional da Madeira - 2
FC Nitra – 3
U.S. Sassuolo - 1
Sepsi – 3
Slavia Prague – 2

No one had more than 3 (Huddersfield, Sepsi, Nitra). Note that my 2nd dynasty in the EPL , Bolton, has none. My first top shelf winning dynasty in Kaiserslautern just has 2. One of my favorite in Melilla, just 1. No real biases here. Note that Huddersfield, U.S. Sassuolo should be high since they had 4-5-1s and thus ran fullbacks in both spots and AMR AML that others shouldn’t. Also note that At. Bilbao is my favorite club, and it just had one. No obvious biases there either.