Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2023, 11:59 AM   #51
Edward64
Head Coach

I like it. Primarily because of the sentimental value.

Listen to the 'final' Beatles track, made with machine learning and archival recordings
Quote:
The Beatles are back, sort of. The fab four just released a new song, the group’s first since 1995. “Now and Then” is being advertised as the final Beatles track, which makes sense given that two of the members have passed and the other two are well over 80 years old.
Quote:
“Now and Then” was supposed to come out back in 1995 as part of The Beatles Anthology, along with “Free as a Bird” and “Real Love”, two other tracks culled from 1970s Lennon demos. Back in the 1990s, however, the technology just wasn’t there to separate Lennon’s vocal from the piano without some serious degradation to the original take.

Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 08:49 PM   #52
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq8h...F9GD8sAKh77dWU

So I searched for best 2023 song and this is what I get?

I now officially feel like the get off my lawn generation.
Old 02-04-2024, 07:35 PM   #53
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Not ashamed to admit I got emotional seeing Tracy Chapman do fast car with Luke Combs.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 02:26 PM   #54
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Went to ATL last night for Black Stone Cherry/Saint Asonia/Any Given Sin

I hadn't been in that venue (Variety Playhouse) in what has to be around three decades.

Any Given Sin was solid, and fun for me since they had a stretch of 3-4 songs in a row a few years back that were among my most listened to/enjoyed.

Saint Asonia was excellent, and really gave me much more appreciation for how good Adam Gontier is as a front man. He's not THE best vocalist, he's not THE best entertainer, he's not THE most charismatic, he's not THE anything but he's top notch when you combine all the elements. WAY too big a unit, even with a fill-in on lead guitar, to be playing clubs. They're made for being 2nd/3rd billed in arenas.

BSC is just a helluva show, every single time. I think that was my 3rd (4th?) time seeing them, Will's 6th I think. SO much heavier and crunchier live than comes across in the studio, completely at ease on stage, they make what they're doing look easy.

It was a little depressing though. Probably 300? 350 tops? in attendance, seeing Saint Asonia from right down in front almost felt like we were stealing, no way I should be THAT close to something with that much going on. And it was, sadly, back to what was the norm for us for most of the past decade+ with Will being in the youngest 10% of the room and me not being in the oldest 10% or so.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-15-2024 at 02:28 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM   #55
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Not ashamed to admit I got emotional seeing Tracy Chapman do fast car with Luke Combs.

That voice man ... On one hand it's a shame she basically quit performing/recording, on the other more power to her and it's not like her old stuff disapears so that's lasting anyway.

Since it's now posted officially finally and bound to stay up:

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 02:54 PM   #56
HerRealName
College Prospect

I'm liking Rat Saw God an album by the band Wednesday. They're like if the Pixies was fronted by Kim Deal instead of Black reluctantly letting her sing every now and again.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 01:44 PM   #57
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I know I've mentioned Amigo the Devil a ton here - the new album dropped today, Yours Until the War Is Over...

I implore you, if you like storytellers like Prine, Townes Van Zandt, Nick Cave, etc., you really owe it to yourself to check him out. He's simply the best doing it right now.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 02:22 PM   #58
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Currently opening for flogging Molly.
Old 02-23-2024, 02:26 PM   #59
Ksyrup

Yes, that's right.

I saw him last year opening for Clutch. He's now got a full-time band (his sister is the keyboardist). He was great as always, but personally, the band dynamic isn't nearly as good as just him on stage alone. His solo performances are some of the best live shows I've ever been to.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-23-2024, 02:36 PM   #60
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I was actually supposed to go last Saturday but sold the tickets and went skiing with the family instead over the long weekend.
Old 02-23-2024, 02:50 PM   #61
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Haven't opened in this thread since my hiatus.

We went to When We Were Young in Vegas last October. Absolutely amazing despite being fucking HOT. We got VIP tickets through wifes work so the crowds weren't bad.

some of the lesser know bands we discovered and liked were Something Corporate, Zebrahead ( have a linkin park feel), Motion City Soundtrack, All Time Low ( Avril Lavigne jump onstage for a song) Goldfinger was fun with the horns and such.

The main bands-

SUM 41 reaally surprised us. Amazing energy and they have a lot of songs you wouldn't realize you know.

Offspring- they always bring it. Put on a great show. They opened with the kids arent allright and it was bedlam from there.

Good Charolette- For not being together for a long time they were tight and played the hits.

Rise Against- This is who I was most excited for and they didn't disappoint. Tim has an awesome voice and they work the crowd. really want to see them in a headlining role.

30 seconds to Mars- Leto is a fucking weirdo and it comes through in his performance.

Blink 182- So for some mind boggling reason Blink was scheduled at the same time Bowling For Soup was on a side stage. I LOVE Bowling for soup so I watched the begining of Blink, then went to BFS who had a shorter set, then back for Blink. BFS was awesome as always, except they talk too much. Blink was great and Barker is not human.

Green Day- You can say what you want about their music, but they put on an amazing show. I have seen them several times and they always open with American Idiot. From that first chord it is nuts, and being outside in the cooling desert with 80K people singing along was awesome.

Overall an amazing day but man, my old bones hurt the next day. Capped off the trip getting another tattoo the next day and Top Golf.
Old 02-23-2024, 02:53 PM   #62
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Got some upcoming shows this year-

Going to see Jimmy Eat World and Fall out Boy at MSG next month. Staying overnight in the city and seeing Wicked the next day. Bringing the kids. Should be fun

Going to see Me First and the Gimme Gimmes in April. They are a punk band that does covers of popular songs. They feature guys from other groups including NOFX and Foo Fighters.

Going to see Frank Turner in May. He is currently my favorite artist. He is a great mix of folk and punk.

Taking kids in August for Green Day, Rancid, and Smashing Pumpkins at Hershey arena.

I'll likely add more as the summer schedule comes out.
Old 02-23-2024, 03:15 PM   #63
Ksyrup

When we went to Vegas/Zion fall of 2022, I just happened to find out my cousin, her husband and his dad, and some of their friends had flown out to Vegas for WWWY from Detroit. Apparently the way they did tickets, you could only buy for one day, so they had to choose and got Saturday. It just so happened that Vegas was under a high wind warning, so that day's show got canceled. I would be super pissed! But we hung out with them all day until our redeye home that night (and the worst turbulence I tihnk I've ever flown with).

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-23-2024 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2024, 03:42 PM   #64
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

They call it Sadurday. I would have been pissed but I heard the conditions were really bad. Once the sun went down for us it was perfect. I would do it again in a heartbeat depending on the bands. This year fall out boy is headlining but we’re seeing them already so gonna skip it.
Old 02-23-2024, 08:18 PM   #65
BYU 14
Coordinator

Was never a huge fan of Billy Joel, but I always respected his talent. But this new song, wow!! It connects on so many levels, to me it's his best song ever and well worth the 30 year wait.

https://youtu.be/UOf6CMbHPuA?si=dVAX9aJMSzMO4UZZ
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote