Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-09-2023, 08:43 PM   #251
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Why do israel and palestine care about the Land of Gaza and the Land of West Bank?
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 08:53 PM   #252
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
They will never allow this to happen. The whole reason Israel has been propping up Hamas is to prevent a 2 state solution from happening.

Yes, because Palestinians are in favour of a two-state solution while the citizens of Israel are not. Or not.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 09:20 PM   #253
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Yes, because Palestinians are in favour of a two-state solution while the citizens of Israel are not. Or not.

I'm sure its unpopular to those who have had their land stolen and been oppressed, but Fatah has supported a 2 state solution for awhile now. Their openness to it is why Israel supported Hamas.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 09:21 PM   #254
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 11-09-2023, 09:53 PM   #255
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post

Oh, let's just make it easy for everyone to see.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-09-2023 at 09:54 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 09:55 PM   #256
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:

That is horrific.

Old 11-10-2023, 04:31 PM   #257
Edward64
Head Coach

re: the "R9X Hellfire" hit at the hospital yesterday, the IDF response below.

Pics of the remnants (blades, serial no, etc?) would be nice to figure out who's telling the truth.

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-...-23/index.html
Quote:
The Israeli military claimed that a misfired projectile launched from inside Gaza was responsible for a strike on al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City on Friday.

“Earlier today, the IDF received reports of a hit on the Shifa Hospital in Gaza City. The Hamas-run media office in the Gaza Strip immediately claimed that this was a strike carried out by the IDF,” IDF spokesperson, Lt. Col. Richard Hecht said in a statement sent to CNN.

The IDF said that an examination of its operational systems indicated that “a misfired projectile launched by terrorist organizations inside the Gaza Strip hit the Shifa Hospital.”

Hecht went on to claim that the projectile had been aimed at “IDF troops operating in the vicinity.”

Several social media videos emerged online Friday showing injured people lying on the ground of the outpatient clinic following the strike.
Old 11-10-2023, 04:45 PM   #258
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Ir is really hard to believe they used very expensive munitions whose primary purpose to limit collateral damage while targeting VIP targets on just a random crowd.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 04:50 PM   #259
Edward64
Head Coach

Mistakes (and coverups) happen.

On both sides.

I can believe it was an Israeli munition. Would be nice if there was evidence of whose munition it was, you'd think it easy enough to show.
Old 11-10-2023, 05:45 PM   #260
RainMaker
General Manager

There is no way Hamas has access to an R9X unless they came into a lot of money and Lockheed is dealing under the table.
Old 11-10-2023, 05:47 PM   #261
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
There is no way Hamas has access to an R9X unless they came into a lot of money and Lockheed is dealing under the table.

I think the implication is they lied about the R9X (e.g. like the JDAM from 4 weeks ago).

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-10-2023 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-10-2023, 05:53 PM   #262
RainMaker
General Manager

For what its worth, Bellingcat says it wasn't an R9X but an Israeli illumination shell. They seem to have some photographic proof.

Old 11-10-2023, 06:11 PM   #263
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
For what its worth, Bellingcat says it wasn't an R9X but an Israeli illumination shell. They seem to have some photographic proof.

Good to know. If true, I guess that means it wasn't intentional.
Old 11-10-2023, 06:38 PM   #264
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Good to know. If true, I guess that means it wasn't intentional.

lol
Old 11-10-2023, 06:51 PM   #265
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
lol

You think an illumination shell was intentional?
Old 11-10-2023, 07:31 PM   #266
RainMaker
General Manager

Can never tell if you're trolling or dumb.
Old 11-10-2023, 07:36 PM   #267
RainMaker
General Manager

Blasting hospitals and targeting journalists for weeks. I wonder who could have done this. Truly a mystery.
Old 11-10-2023, 08:25 PM   #268
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The video is confusing. Like there's nothing right where the victim is. LIke a blast or a hole or smoke so was hard to figure out what I was looking at. Was his leg cut off or bent backward? I'm not sure. Perhaps the blades spring out from the missile and travel away from it? because I don't see a missile. Any help?
Old 11-10-2023, 08:48 PM   #269
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Can never tell if you're trolling or dumb.

Yeah, ditto.

If you really believe an illumination round was fired intentionally into the hospital parking lot … smh

But I guess better than a fancy ninja blade weapon.

Quote:
Blasting hospitals and targeting journalists for weeks. I wonder who could have done this. Truly a mystery.

I guess you still think it was an Israeli JDAM that hit the hospital 4 weeks ago and created that teeny crater?

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-10-2023 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2023, 09:02 PM   #270
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
The video is confusing. Like there's nothing right where the victim is. LIke a blast or a hole or smoke so was hard to figure out what I was looking at. Was his leg cut off or bent backward? I'm not sure. Perhaps the blades spring out from the missile and travel away from it? because I don't see a missile. Any help?

Subject to more analysis ...

... but what I read was it was an illumination shell. And illumination shells are meant to be shot up and slowly come back down with a parachute e.g. illuminating the area with the slow descent. It's not a ninja blade chopper as initially said by Hamas, nor an explosive shell creating a crater.

If it was an illumination shell (because the other option is another terrorist failed rocket like from 4 weeks ago), the question is how it landed in the parking lot taking out that poor guy's leg.

I've read some theories, but none of the convincing so we'll just have to wait.
Old 11-10-2023, 09:05 PM   #271
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

But Spinning Ninja blade missiles sound so cool.
Can I PLEASE have a spinning ninja blade, Edward?
Old 11-10-2023, 09:11 PM   #272
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
But Spinning Ninja blade missiles sound so cool.
Can I PLEASE have a spinning ninja blade, Edward?

Unfortunately, they cost a lot of money so I'm sure they're reserved for the top Hamas terrorists and not just a poor guy in a hospital parking lot.

But I'll be on the lookout for you this BF.

EDIT: for you to dream about ...

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-10-2023 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-10-2023, 09:13 PM   #273
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I mean I'd say that sounds totally fictional ...however there are bullet and bombs that have creative ways of spreading shrapnel so I guess I'd believe something could exist.

But there was ZERO chance there was a parachute iinvolved here. You HEARD the missile swishing through the air and landing. Also I found it just odd....why is that lone guy in the middle of the open air like that when no one else is. The blood is spread over that area. Was it his? It's just it's a wide pool of blood and it JUST happened.

ah I found this video in that twitter thread

https://twitter.com/i/status/1722754883416158499

Yes from this angle it IS his leg that got severed and that IS his leg next to him. THey are applying a tourniquet.

I STILL don't see any metal that caused the damage tho.
Old 11-10-2023, 09:16 PM   #274
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Unfortunately, they cost a lot of money so I'm sure they're reserved for the top Hamas terrorists and not just a poor guy in a hospital parking lot.

But I'll be on the lookout for you this BF.

EDIT: for you to dream about ...

Thanks Santa! wow he doesn't even have to go through the chimjney. He can just toss it over the side of his sleigh for me!

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 11-10-2023 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-10-2023, 09:21 PM   #275
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I mean I'd say that sounds totally fictional ...however there are bullet and bombs that have creative ways of spreading shrapnel so I guess I'd believe something could exist.

But there was ZERO chance there was a parachute iinvolved here. You HEARD the missile swishing through the air and landing. Also I found it just odd....why is that lone guy in the middle of the open air like that when no one else is. The blood is spread over that area. Was it his? It's just it's a wide pool of blood and it JUST happened.

ah I found this video in that twitter thread

https://twitter.com/i/status/1722754883416158499

Yes from this angle it IS his leg that got severed and that IS his leg next to him. THey are applying a tourniquet.

I STILL don't see any metal that caused the damage tho.

Yeah, I saw another video of the poor guy. There was also someone injured in a damaged car close by, he was dragged out. A "shell casing" was in/near the car. If that was the culprit, it definitely wasn't the ninja blade chopper and it didn't explode. It was more like it fell to the ground.

Yes, agree there didn't seem to be a parachute involved. Redditors are puzzled, give them a couple days and they'll come up with a working theory.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-10-2023 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-10-2023, 09:30 PM   #276
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, I saw another video of the poor guy. There was also someone injured in a damaged car close by, he was dragged out. A "shell casing" was in/near the car. If that was the culprit, it definitely wasn't the ninja blade chopper and it didn't explode. It was more like it fell to the ground.

Yes, agree there didn't seem to be a parachute involved. Redditors are puzzled, give them a couple days and they'll come up with a working theory.

oh there was a picture and explanation of the illum thingee. The parachute is on the phosphurous canister inside not on the missile itself. So I guess the missile just "falls to earth".....WHOOPSIE!
Old 11-10-2023, 09:33 PM   #277
Edward64
Head Coach

Some serious fighting going on right now on the AFP live feed. Rifle fire and big explosions.

GAZA LIVE : Palestine,GAZA | Multi-cams | Stream#81 - YouTube
Old 11-10-2023, 09:36 PM   #278
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

At least the oiriginal theory I was thinking was fiction. They made it sound like the spinning blades were shot off AWAY FROM the missile and made to spin and rotate as they fly. At least that was the only way I could think that happened HERE.
Old 11-10-2023, 09:47 PM   #279
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Some serious fighting going on right now on the AFP live feed. Rifle fire and big explosions.

GAZA LIVE : Palestine,GAZA | Multi-cams | Stream#81 - YouTube

I would NOT want to be in or around any of those semi tall buildings. Those will probably all be flattened soon.
Old 11-10-2023, 09:50 PM   #280
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Is this really the first war we've had live film shown of events for everyone to see without censoring?
Old 11-10-2023, 09:53 PM   #281
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I would NOT want to be in or around any of those semi tall buildings. Those will probably all be flattened soon.

I've watched various live feeds since the fighting started. This has been the most intense & constant that I've seen/heard.

I've read the fighting is close by the hospital where the Hamas HQ is.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-10-2023 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-10-2023, 10:31 PM   #282
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I can't help winder what exactly is going on down there. THere sure is a lot of noise but is anyone actually firing at anything. Or just firing in the air to make noise.
Old 11-10-2023, 11:05 PM   #283
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Is this really the first war we've had live film shown of events for everyone to see without censoring?

Kind of. There is a lot of stuff from the Ukraine war but it seems to be more prevalent on sites like Telegram.

This one has way more civilian carnage since that's been the target in thisbwar. So youre getting way more first hand video from people on the ground. Russia largely avoided civilians and most were able to get out of the region or country before the heavy fighting started. So you just don't have the sheer number of videos.
Old 11-10-2023, 11:32 PM   #284
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm listening to the live shooting coverage while watching Baby Shark videos. Very surreal
Old 11-10-2023, 11:50 PM   #285
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 11-11-2023, 12:37 AM   #286
RainMaker
General Manager

Seems like they warned the doctors but it's probably not easy moving patients out in such a short time.

Old 11-11-2023, 08:46 AM   #287
Edward64
Head Coach

re: the ninja blade chopper, see the reddit thread below. Evidence suggests it was an Israeli illumination round that ...

Quote:
In a longer version of the video you can see yellow markings on the canister, implying it's an illumination round which has probably burned out and fell down on the unluckiest guy imaginable

Blocked

Pic of the supposed shell casing ...

https://imgur.com/0Xei2op?r

Unfortunately, no acoustic analysis which I'm sure would have proven it was a R9X (source: the acoustic analysis on JDAM that caused the 1 ft crater). But if it was an illumination round, that would mean it was unguided and therefore, wasn't meant to land on that poor guy.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-11-2023 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-11-2023, 03:41 PM   #288
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
re: the ninja blade chopper, see the reddit thread below. Evidence suggests it was an Israeli illumination round that ...

Blocked

Pic of the supposed shell casing ...

https://imgur.com/0Xei2op?r

Unfortunately, no acoustic analysis which I'm sure would have proven it was a R9X (source: the acoustic analysis on JDAM that caused the 1 ft crater). But if it was an illumination round, that would mean it was unguided and therefore, wasn't meant to land on that poor guy.

What a relief that must be to the dude who was chopped in half.
Old 11-11-2023, 04:14 PM   #289
GrantDawg

Wow, he reads this message board?

Old 11-11-2023, 05:38 PM   #290
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Wow, he reads this message board?

He's probably either dead, has no internet access, or both. So no, probably not.
Old 11-11-2023, 06:21 PM   #291
GrantDawg

Then why bring it up? If there was something we can say that would help him feel better, don't you think we would say it?

Old 11-12-2023, 03:14 AM   #292
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Then why bring it up? If there was something we can say that would help him feel better, don't you think we would say it?

puppies and kittens!
Old 11-12-2023, 01:00 PM   #293
Edward64
Head Coach

If Redditors can be believed (and think they can in this case), there's talk/signs about some increased Israeli action against southern Lebanon & Hezbollah.

I'm a little cynical. I'm thinking Bibi may want more escalations so he can (1) stay longer in office and (2) if he crushes Hamas & Hezbollah, maybe put himself in better light when they "talk about change or keep Israeli leadership".
Old 11-13-2023, 06:15 PM   #294
GrantDawg

If anyone is still having problems understanding the conflict, I highly recommend watching the latest "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver". He does a fantastic job laying everything on the table. His team does some of the best jobs of research and understandably presenting material on television.

Old 11-13-2023, 06:55 PM   #295
Edward64
Head Coach

I saw it.

6:30 mark pretty much sums it up.

Old 11-13-2023, 11:04 PM   #296
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 11-14-2023, 01:29 PM   #297
GrantDawg

Old 11-14-2023, 02:48 PM   #298
miked
College Starter

Wait, so now you are telling me that Hamas is bad? I thought the Jewish ethnostate was just bombing hospitals because they are scummy. But now you are telling me the terrorists with a history of using schools and hospitals for human shields, are in fact doing it again.
Old 11-14-2023, 03:03 PM   #299
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Wait, so now you are telling me that Hamas is bad? I thought the Jewish ethnostate was just bombing hospitals because they are scummy. But now you are telling me the terrorists with a history of using schools and hospitals for human shields, are in fact doing it again.
I know it is hard to believe Hamas would ever do anything dishonest. They seem like such moral, upright World citizens. But let's pretend that they weren't. Let's say they are completely morally bankrupt, with a history of exploiting and killing their own citizens on a regular basis. Let's just suppose they regularly build military command and weapons depots in places like hospitals. Let's just imagine they might funnel displaced people to camp in areas right above their command and control tunnels. Let's get really crazy and say they quite regularly fire rockets and mortars while surrounded by civilians, mostly children, knowing that counter fire is likely to result in many deaths.
How exactly do you fight such opponents? Just let them continue to fire missiles and mortar barrages as well as allow them to send incursions into your civilian homes to rape and murder your civilians so they can continue to kill as many innocents as possible, right? That is of course what any country would do.
Old 11-14-2023, 03:07 PM   #300
RainMaker
General Manager

Yeah, Hamas is bad. You shouldn't bomb innocent people in hospitals and schools because someone from the bad group might be hiding out there. You should also not kill innocent people at a scale we haven't seen in a long time.

I do think Kirby should provide that evidence to the public and UN. Have a feeling that won't be happening though.