Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2021, 06:05 PM   #20751
cuervo72
Head Coach

Who tackles better: James Harrison or the crazy cell-phone girl?
Old 01-12-2021, 07:15 PM   #20752
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:52 PM   #20753
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

It was 33 years ago that I had my first jam.

It was strawberry.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:57 AM   #20754
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
It was 33 years ago that I had my first jam.

It was strawberry.

I don't think you're ready for this jelly
Old 01-13-2021, 10:01 AM   #20755
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I don't think you're ready for this jelly

But it must be jelly, cause jam don't shake like that?
Old 01-13-2021, 10:59 AM   #20756
cuervo72
Head Coach

She don't use jelly.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:13 PM   #20757
bhlloy
Coordinator

Does anyone know where Paul Giamatti is being driven in those stupid VW celebrity accountant adverts? Did they write a really bad taste ending where he gets murdered and buried in the desert and their PR and legal folks wouldn’t let them run it?

I feel like this is taking up way too much space in my brain, but now I need to know.

Last edited by bhlloy : 01-13-2021 at 03:13 PM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:22 PM   #20758
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Does anyone know where Paul Giamatti is being driven in those stupid VW celebrity accountant adverts? Did they write a really bad taste ending where he gets murdered and buried in the desert and their PR and legal folks wouldn’t let them run it?

I feel like this is taking up way too much space in my brain, but now I need to know.

I hate the bit where he walks up to the hotel desk and says "Have you seen my client, I'm his accountant" as if any of that is useful information.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:42 AM   #20759
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Washingtonpost.com has up a red BREAKING NEWS banner on the top of its page letting us know that Siegfried from Siegfried & Roy just died.

I think that the Washington Post really needs to change the standard for what it considers "breaking news" until at least the inauguration.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 01-14-2021 at 08:48 AM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:20 AM   #20760
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Looks like Samsung has dropped microSD card support in the entire s21 line. I'm pissed. I have a sizeable portion of my music collection on my phone right now. Not sure I want to pay premium for a larger capacity phone when it's free thanks to the microSD right now. Likely a lost customer. I might just get the S20 (I have a 9+ that's starting to wear down).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:32 AM   #20761
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Looks like Samsung has dropped microSD card support in the entire s21 line. I'm pissed. I have a sizeable portion of my music collection on my phone right now. Not sure I want to pay premium for a larger capacity phone when it's free thanks to the microSD right now. Likely a lost customer. I might just get the S20 (I have a 9+ that's starting to wear down).

That blows. One of the reasons I like the Galaxy series is because I don't have to pay a bunch extra for hard drive space - I can buy it as I need it at a lot lower price.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:42 AM   #20762
Ksyrup

Exactly. Looking at my storage right now, I'm over 200GB on my microSD, so combining that with internal storage, I'd be pushing or over 256GB to start, So if I switched, I'd have to get an Ultra since that's the only one with a 512GB option.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-14-2021 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:50 AM   #20763
Ksyrup

That said, I'm looking at the Samsung pre-order deals and I can get $450 off ($350 for trade-in and $100 for AT&T financing) plus $200 Samsung credit for ear buds, or a watch, so that basically makes the Ultra 512GB less than $950 plus $200 to spend on something else.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:23 PM   #20764
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

That Monkey Tail thing looks like something that Aaron Rogers would love to troll us with.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:21 AM   #20765
modak991
n00b

these days, the term "gaming chair" tends to denote a specific type of office chair with a leather or faux-leather build, a high-back race car-style seat and colorful patterns. Also if you you want to complete your gaming rig setup then i have to say that you have to buy a high refresh rate gaming monitor which will help you to get the most out of a gaming. a good gaming monitor will help you to get the most vivid experience ever.
modak991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 04:33 PM   #20766
Radii
Head Coach

good bot. I thought this was a reply to someone else about gaming chairs at first.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:29 PM   #20767
21C
College Prospect

Going through some old data CDs, I found the following that I thought was worth sharing:
Quote:
The following came from an anonymous mother in Austin, Texas. THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM MY CHILDREN...
1. A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 square foot house 4 inches deep.
2. If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.
3. A 3 year-old's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
4. If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing Batman underwear and a superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20 by 20 foot room.
5. You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using the ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.
6. The glass in windows (even double pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.
7. When you hear the toilet flush and the words "Uh-oh," it's already too late.
8. Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
9. A six year old can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36 year-old man says they can only do it in the movies. A magnifying glass can start a fire even on an overcast day.
10. Certain LEGO's will pass through the digestive tract of a four year old.
11. Play Dough and Microwave should never be used in the same sentence.
12. Super glue is forever.
13. No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool, you still can't walk on water.
14. Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
15. VCR's do not eject peanut butter and jelly sandwiches even though TV cmmercials show they do.
16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
17. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
18. You probably do not want to know what that odor is.
19. Always look in the oven before you turn it on. Plastic toys do not like ovens.
20. The fire department in Austin, TX has a 5 minute response time.
21. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
22. It will however make cats dizzy.
23. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:31 PM   #20768
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

This has got to be the weirdest "broken" thread ever.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:14 PM   #20769
21C
College Prospect

More stuff I have found in my archives. I couldn't find the old photos I was looking for but found some other gems.

Old 01-21-2021, 08:16 AM   #20770
Silver Owl
High School JV

Quote:
So as part of my companies hiring application we ask questions such as "What is longer, 1/2 or 5/8?" or "How many 1/16ths are in an inch?"

You know how many people get these wrong?

I was a machinist for 40 years in a small shop (8-10 people). It was absolutely amazing to me that 5 of the 8 people that was asked the question "how many 1/16ths in an inch?" had no clue. 40 years and that one question was probably the most WTF moment, and there were plenty of those moments.
Silver Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 08:35 AM   #20771
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

test
Old 01-24-2021, 08:37 AM   #20772
miami_fan
Coordinator

Post Reply button is back
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:29 AM   #20773
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Our long national nightmare is finally over

SI

Old 01-24-2021, 11:34 AM   #20774
PilotMan
Head Coach

I was so worried that I was going to lose posts.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:46 AM   #20775
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I was so worried that I was going to lose posts.

SportsDigs fixed this two weeks ago
Old 01-24-2021, 09:45 PM   #20776
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Random Jon fact: today marks the first time I've ever put any sort of case on my cell phone.

New phone, reasonable price on a basic case, I figured it was worth a try. Cheap enough that if I find myself hating the case, I'll just trash it.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:22 AM   #20777
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

take note, housewives....weird beards break threads
Old 01-25-2021, 09:30 AM   #20778
miami_fan
Coordinator

Are photo albums still a thing? I am not talking about the albums in the Cloud that we are not actually go through. I am talking about the photo album your grandmother used to pull out to show you pictures of your mother or father when they were children. I went through our garage this weekend and found some of the albums my wife and I have. Looking through them, there is a clear cutoff point of when my youngest son turned about three (2010/2011) where we just stopped printing out pictures and putting them in album books.
Of course we have the pictures but they are up in the Cloud. Are we just passing the Cloud passwords down through the generations?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 01-25-2021, 10:24 AM   #20779
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Are we just passing the Cloud passwords down through the generations?

If we do there are going to be a whole lot of future generations that get way more of an eyeful of their grandparents/great grandparents, than they ever wanted. Old School Cool on reddit is going to become a completely different thing.

Like Steam?

Old 01-25-2021, 11:09 AM   #20780
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The thread works again, and now I can't think of a random thought.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:29 PM   #20781
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I haven't posted anything recently about my uncle. Doctors still have no clue as to a root cause. He is definitely mentally diminished. When you ask him questions, if he responds, it will be in one word or short phrase answers. He was recently moved to a new place, and they were strict about visiting procedures. Two hours max, and must have a negative COVID test within the past 10 days. He liked holding my phone, and tried to scroll through pictures on it. I was able to get a hold of my cousins while I was there, and they both got to FaceTime with him.

But apparently their COVID protocols weren't strong enough. I just found out a little bit ago that he tested positive today. So I more than likely have it now too. Self-isolating and will get tested again in a couple of days. But I'm worried about my uncle. He is still really, really frail. This can't be a good development.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:32 PM   #20782
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Jeez, what an absolute nightmare. Hope everything works out as best as it can for your uncle & you, cartman!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:54 PM   #20783
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are photo albums still a thing? I am not talking about the albums in the Cloud that we are not actually go through. I am talking about the photo album your grandmother used to pull out to show you pictures of your mother or father when they were children. I went through our garage this weekend and found some of the albums my wife and I have. Looking through them, there is a clear cutoff point of when my youngest son turned about three (2010/2011) where we just stopped printing out pictures and putting them in album books.
Of course we have the pictures but they are up in the Cloud. Are we just passing the Cloud passwords down through the generations?

Not much beyond wedding albums afaik.

It's a fair point and, yeah, ditto on the distinct cutoff point on physical photos.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:56 PM   #20784
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

So, this is apparently a deal in the archiving community.

A friend of mine has worked at a couple of smaller museums and there's a lot of talk about how to archive things for the future. Being a museum, they're very long-term thinking about these problems in a way that the average human just isn't. Like if you're cataloging stuff all day from 200 or 2000 years ago, you're not rushing out to just store stuff on a hard drive, technology that's only 50 years old. There's also the EMP problem: back in 1859, there was a solar flare that caused all sorts of havoc and, while it probably wouldn't wipe out solid state drives, might wipe out the technology we used to power them (Carrington Event - Wikipedia.

I mean, these are people that look at the way people have stored data throughout history and what has survived and what hasn't and think about with with regards to their own work. I get they love digital as an indexing tool, but there's no substitute for the real thing (artifacts, I mean).

SI

Old 01-25-2021, 10:13 PM   #20785
PilotMan
Head Coach

My wife still gets photos printed all the time. She is a bit of a photo hoarder though. She lost all her photos from when she was a kid in a house fire, and now she takes, keeps and has them all around. She changes them out constantly, but doesn't keep them in an album really. All of them are semi-organized on the home server. I'd say that the last time that we really put any sort of album together was when the kids were little and she was scrapbooking.

Like Steam?

Old 01-25-2021, 10:18 PM   #20786
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I haven't posted anything recently about my uncle. Doctors still have no clue as to a root cause. He is definitely mentally diminished. When you ask him questions, if he responds, it will be in one word or short phrase answers. He was recently moved to a new place, and they were strict about visiting procedures. Two hours max, and must have a negative COVID test within the past 10 days. He liked holding my phone, and tried to scroll through pictures on it. I was able to get a hold of my cousins while I was there, and they both got to FaceTime with him.

But apparently their COVID protocols weren't strong enough. I just found out a little bit ago that he tested positive today. So I more than likely have it now too. Self-isolating and will get tested again in a couple of days. But I'm worried about my uncle. He is still really, really frail. This can't be a good development.

Well that sucks. Hopefully both of you are asymptomatic. Good luck.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:24 PM   #20787
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
If we do there are going to be a whole lot of future generations that get way more of an eyeful of their grandparents/great grandparents, than they ever wanted. Old School Cool on reddit is going to become a completely different thing.

We have to have already reached and passed that point right? Like the evolution of finding Dad's or Mom's pron stash has to be finding the pron stash now starring Dad and/or Mom.

Last edited by miami_fan : 01-25-2021 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:30 PM   #20788
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Good luck buddy. If you wanna chat I am here.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:59 PM   #20789
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

NOT RANDOM ENOUGH!
Old 01-26-2021, 07:46 AM   #20790
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

My wife's department is having a webinar about "work life balance and boundaries". It is, of course, scheduled for lunch time.

SI

Old 01-26-2021, 09:30 AM   #20791
JediKooter
Coordinator

Sounds like her work is paying for lunch then.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:55 AM   #20792
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:

Take care. My mom has almost nothing working in her body, but she has so far beaten COVID. I hope the same for your uncle.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:23 AM   #20793
bob
College Starter

Anyone have a clue what the appropriate gift is for a bar mitzvah when I won't be attending? This is the first one I have been invited to and honestly have no concept.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:39 PM   #20794
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
We have to have already reached and passed that point right? Like the evolution of finding Dad's or Mom's pron stash has to be finding the pron stash now starring Dad and/or Mom.

One of my teenage son's told my wife, "I went looking in your room while you were gone." and the Mrs said, "not my problem, if you find things you weren't expecting that's on you." But yes, we have actual printed photo albums of sexy photo shoot and modeling sessions my wife has done in our room, among other things. They can't possibly be shocked at this point.

Like Steam?

Old 01-26-2021, 05:53 PM   #20795
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
One of my teenage son's told my wife, "I went looking in your room while you were gone." and the Mrs said, "not my problem, if you find things you weren't expecting that's on you." But yes, we have actual printed photo albums of sexy photo shoot and modeling sessions my wife has done in our room, among other things. They can't possibly be shocked at this point.

This post is worthless w/o pics.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:03 PM   #20796
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
This post is worthless w/o pics.

I have seen some of them, he married up.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:20 PM   #20797
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here's my insta. There's more than enough there to get the idea and some of her professional shots.

https://www.instagram.com/sevenmilesup/

Feel free to follow.

Like Steam?

Old 01-26-2021, 06:57 PM   #20798
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Anyone have a clue what the appropriate gift is for a bar mitzvah when I won't be attending? This is the first one I have been invited to and honestly have no concept.

Elaine got her boss' son a Boggle game for his bar mitzvah on Seinfeld. He hated it.

Hope that helps
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 07:55 PM   #20799
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I have seen some of them, he married up.

A scenario that would be unlikely to surprise anyone about most of us
Old 01-27-2021, 04:10 PM   #20800
Edward64
Head Coach

In a prior post, I said Thomas Magnum shouldn't be doing reverse mortgage commercials. I'll add also Joe Namath and his Medicare commercial.

At least with Magnum, I feel that I can trust him. With Joe, he's like a used car salesman and truly cringe worthy.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote