Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > WOOF Alternate Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-26-2008, 09:02 AM   #1
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I am in the process of acquiring a new host for fof-woof.com. Plan is to get the domain transferred, then move the forum to the new host, then get file uploads/downloads in place, then finally all reports. Given how much working PHP code we have / have access to, I don't expect it to take all that long to get everything up under the fof-woof.com umbrella, but it may be a week before the domain is fully transferred.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:40 AM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

One question for Greg: is it fair to assume that you're done with bothering with the EasyCGI people with regard to the forum, so those of us who can't get in should just stop clicking on it? (I know that some can. RKG mentioned to me that he was in there just a couple of hours ago...)
Old 10-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #3
gstelmack
Pro Starter

The trouble ticket gets updated once a day with "working issue". I'm not sure what else I can do with them.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:06 AM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Sounds good.

FYI, *something* is happening. I suddenly have no access to any of my php pages from my laptop, but can access the forum. Just the opposite for the desktop: all the php stuff is there, but no forum access. (I had php page access as recently as 30 minutes ago from the laptop, so this is a very recent change...)
Old 10-28-2008, 10:19 AM   #5
gstelmack
Pro Starter

In the "when it rains it pours" category (sorry Philly fans), the e-mail EasyCGI is trying to send me with the EPP key that lets me move the domain is not getting through. I suspect (based on incidents we've had sending to bellsouth.net and somebody else from the account there) that TWC has their support e-mails blocked as SPAM. At leas that's the only explanation that satisfies the fact that I don't see the mail and they don't get bounces. I'm trying to get the e-mail address they are sending from so TWC can unblock, but I'm not sure how long that will take.

I do have the space and everything, we just have to go through a modified URL to get there until the domain is fixed. I may look into that to get the forum running quickly, then post the correct path once the domain issue is fixed.

I'm also having fits with UPS delivering my repaired 360 (10:30-2:00 window and you try to deliver at 5:17?), so it's not a good week for me dealing with businesses. Should clear up soon though.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Forum config file fixed, so forum is back, but who knows for how long, since it got reverted at least once. We'll see though.