Old 05-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #652
Danny
Head Coach

A final explanation of things would be good
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #653
Suicane75
Coordinator

I think I clearly said or did something that I shouldn't have. Although other than playing very badly I'm not sure what that it is. Very sorry guys. Really.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #654
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

If it was me, I apologize EF.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #655
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

For a little explanation of what was going on with Danny and I over the last day was this: I dropped an anvil on his head. If he was a sabatour he would have died but if he had a role, he loses his ability. I was not allowed to speak of the anvil but could attempt hints. I don't think I went over the line, but perhaps I did. I'm not sure.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #656
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

OH, I didn't see any of the posts leading up to this about suicane and outing jackal, etc. That was probably what it had to do with... some mechanics that didn't quite work as planned.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #657
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, I'll explain my blow up and I partly blame myself for not specifying things.

First the ending: Yes, Suicane and The Jackal were both sabs, along with Zinto. They were presented a chance to eliminate Zinto and gain his duke ability. Suicane took the offer. This splintered their group and took away their PM rights. I messed shoudl have specified that they can't say anything abuot their previous alliance in the PM's but must not have. That kind of backed the game into a corner.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #658
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Now for explaining the game. I hope I didn't go too insane with the mechanics.

The idea behind the game was to simulate a situation hapening (the inital breakage of the portal) and see who would take an offer to join the 'dark side'. It was possible to not have any sabs if no one accepted (but I knew that wouldn't happen )

At the initial start of the game there were no sabs.

First post after the game started gave engineer duties to DT.

First vote was going to name the mayor, though I counted what should have been an invalid vote.

Making the first vote awarded Danny the Nurse role.

Most posts between start of game and day 0 gave CW the role as Doctor.

Unfortunately, winning the first vote named clap the Sheriff.

The first vote was never going to be an elimination vote as the town would not have a reason to suspect sabotage yet.

The procedure for naming sabs was by first offering the mayor a chance to either be a mayor that wants to lead the village or one that is hungry for power. Z chose power... bad guy number 1.

The second sab was Suicane as he found the missing part and was given an option to keep it and gain an ability or use it for the village, in which case the portal would have been fixed day 0. He chose power.

At that point they were given PM rights because they had a common goal (keeping the portal down). They were never named a true team but functioned as one; my reasoning there was that there would be temptations given; if they all resisted the tempatations they would become a true team. If not, there would be more of an individual game (I went off track here and should have removed that part; when I came up with that idea I hoped for something potentially epic, but it really would have worked better with a larger group).

The Jackal was given an offer to become a saboteur, which he had 3 choices and chose to become a sab. His choices would give the sabs a different bonus based on his choice (so they wouldn't be at a disadvantage of having to use sabotage and recruit on back to back nights without getting a night kill).

The first vanilla villager to be hit with the anvil would be disoriented enough, and mad enough at a fellow villager for doing that to him that he became the outlaw. See brit...

When the portal was up, the village gained voted. When the portal was down, the sabs gained voted (though you never knew as they never used them). I thought there was a good chance to use them at one point as they would have maybe created that blood bath that everyone was worried about.

I added the voting for a Sheriff when I removed clap, to give you a chance at having a seer.

Was surprised that Zinto elected a sheriff, and one that could be dangerous at that. Not sure if that was what lead to the decision to assasinate him as I did put the idea out there of 'can he be truested?'

As far as the roles:

Doctor, similar to bodyguard

Nurse, backup bodyguard. Had no power unless the doctor was removed.

Sheriff was a seer.

Outlaw could steal someone's vote once. At the deadline the vote would be moved to whatever teh Outlaw wanted it moved to.

Mayor had duke ability. If he had chosen to be an honest mayor he would have kept that ability and would have survived the first night kill attempt on him.

Extra part gave Suicane an ability to silence someone. The day after he elected to use the abiilty his target would not be allowed to vote but could still post and would not be allowed to say why he didn't vote (or the real reason). With all the early missed votes, none were because of this. There was also a choice of using the part to disable the portal for two days.

Anvil first game the person randomly selected the choice of... did you stimble upon it or did you take it. Choosing take it would make that person the outlaw and the the anvil would have given the outlaw a chance to steal someone's role (if the selected target was a roled player). mau said that he stumbled upon it.

I probably got a little too ambitious with this one, sorry if it seemed too off the wall. The goal was, a game that became a werewolf game (as it waited for the defining moment to determine that something evil was going on) and that bad guys that come together due to circumstances need to find a reason to trust each other. I saw the initial lack of trust as they took a little while to reveal their powers to each other.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #659
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

For the record, I am not mad at anyone but myself. I was on the fence about keeping that last mechanic in a game of this size (may have worked out well with a 20-25 player game). Then I wasn't specific enough to not say anything in the PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #660
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Now for explaining the game. I hope I didn't go too insane with the mechanics.

The idea behind the game was to simulate a situation hapening (the inital breakage of the portal) and see who would take an offer to join the 'dark side'. It was possible to not have any sabs if no one accepted (but I knew that wouldn't happen )

At the initial start of the game there were no sabs.

First post after the game started gave engineer duties to DT.

First vote was going to name the mayor, though I counted what should have been an invalid vote.

Making the first vote awarded Danny the Nurse role.

Most posts between start of game and day 0 gave CW the role as Doctor.

Unfortunately, winning the first vote named clap the Sheriff.

The first vote was never going to be an elimination vote as the town would not have a reason to suspect sabotage yet.

The procedure for naming sabs was by first offering the mayor a chance to either be a mayor that wants to lead the village or one that is hungry for power. Z chose power... bad guy number 1.

The second sab was Suicane as he found the missing part and was given an option to keep it and gain an ability or use it for the village, in which case the portal would have been fixed day 0. He chose power.

At that point they were given PM rights because they had a common goal (keeping the portal down). They were never named a true team but functioned as one; my reasoning there was that there would be temptations given; if they all resisted the tempatations they would become a true team. If not, there would be more of an individual game (I went off track here and should have removed that part; when I came up with that idea I hoped for something potentially epic, but it really would have worked better with a larger group).

The Jackal was given an offer to become a saboteur, which he had 3 choices and chose to become a sab. His choices would give the sabs a different bonus based on his choice (so they wouldn't be at a disadvantage of having to use sabotage and recruit on back to back nights without getting a night kill).

The first vanilla villager to be hit with the anvil would be disoriented enough, and mad enough at a fellow villager for doing that to him that he became the outlaw. See brit...

When the portal was up, the village gained voted. When the portal was down, the sabs gained voted (though you never knew as they never used them). I thought there was a good chance to use them at one point as they would have maybe created that blood bath that everyone was worried about.

I added the voting for a Sheriff when I removed clap, to give you a chance at having a seer.

Was surprised that Zinto elected a sheriff, and one that could be dangerous at that. Not sure if that was what lead to the decision to assasinate him as I did put the idea out there of 'can he be truested?'

As far as the roles:

Doctor, similar to bodyguard

Nurse, backup bodyguard. Had no power unless the doctor was removed.

Sheriff was a seer.

Outlaw could steal someone's vote once. At the deadline the vote would be moved to whatever teh Outlaw wanted it moved to.

Mayor had duke ability. If he had chosen to be an honest mayor he would have kept that ability and would have survived the first night kill attempt on him.

Extra part gave Suicane an ability to silence someone. The day after he elected to use the abiilty his target would not be allowed to vote but could still post and would not be allowed to say why he didn't vote (or the real reason). With all the early missed votes, none were because of this. There was also a choice of using the part to disable the portal for two days.

Anvil first game the person randomly selected the choice of... did you stimble upon it or did you take it. Choosing take it would make that person the outlaw and the the anvil would have given the outlaw a chance to steal someone's role (if the selected target was a roled player). mau said that he stumbled upon it.

I probably got a little too ambitious with this one, sorry if it seemed too off the wall. The goal was, a game that became a werewolf game (as it waited for the defining moment to determine that something evil was going on) and that bad guys that come together due to circumstances need to find a reason to trust each other. I saw the initial lack of trust as they took a little while to reveal their powers to each other.

This is an awesome ruleset. Very ambitious.

Don't knock on yourself too hard, EF. You have some great ideas here, very inventive. Thanks for running this.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #661
The Jackal
Coordinator

In retrospect I pushed too hard for sheriff over engineer, but I didn't think Suicane would assassinate zinto
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:42 PM   #662
Zinto
College Starter

Yeah I dislike you Suicane
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #663
Zinto
College Starter

We had pretty much won if Suicane hadn't assassinated me. We were going to be 5-3 with my ability to duke going into Monday. I think that was my most frustrated removal from a werewolf game.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #664
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And y'all thought I was nuts voting Zinto!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #665
Suicane75
Coordinator

Yeah, but what fun would that have been? It was too easy for the 3 of us. Besides, I was power hungry. When I came on this morning and didn't have PM rights with Jackal but knew that I was still bad, I was in a corner. I'm sorry for spilling the affiliation beans, it was the only way I thought I could make it to the end, or at least further, was to prove to people that I knew he was a wolf and make them believe my story.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #666
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Yeah, but what fun would that have been? It was too easy for the 3 of us. Besides, I was power hungry. When I came on this morning and didn't have PM rights with Jackal but knew that I was still bad, I was in a corner. I'm sorry for spilling the affiliation beans, it was the only way I thought I could make it to the end, or at least further, was to prove to people that I knew he was a wolf and make them believe my story.

Winning as a unbroken wolf team is pretty fun
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:18 AM   #667
Danny
Head Coach

Can't blame yiu Ef for trying something new.

Sorry for my inactivity the first few days. That was not planned. I am busier in general due to work, but I ended up needed to help run scholarship interviews so I had to work until 9pm for a Couple days
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #668
britrock88
Pro Starter

So I suppose I reached my outlaw win condition, right?

Yeah, the anvil hit and turn to outlaw came on the last night before the game ended. It was going to be tough sledding finding the sabs among us, so I was relieved to see that I only had to survive to the end to win. Alas, it came quickly.

Nice set of rules, EF, and thanks for kicking this up again!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote