Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #251
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry for not being around, should be here much more tomorrow.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:40 PM   #252
Barkeep49
Coordinator

What a time to be alive. In a few hundred years if someone were to walk around screaming "I'm St. Gabriel" you would at the very least lock that person up. But of course now, it is a more righteous time. You know that St. Gabriel very well might be among you. And so the protestations of Telle ring true and so it is to Hannibal that you turn your attention.

You string him up and see him struggle limply. But soon his body goes limp. He is dead. You go back to his inn and find him to have been an unusually keen observer of mankind.

Quote:
As the innkeeper you see all sorts. They sleep under your roof, eat your food, and drink your ale. All of this has made you a keen observant of human behavior. As the seer you may choose one player each night to scan. You will learn if they are a villager, demon, or angel

Cathedral Status
Walls - 2 shifts
Roof - 7 shifts
Windows - 7 shifts
Artwork - 4 shifts
Carpentry - 8 shifts
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #253
Danny
Head Coach

Great
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #254
Telle
College Starter

Gah.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #255
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Yikes. Sorry HL
Old 01-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #256
Danny
Head Coach

If Telle was telling the truth, day 1 was between the Seer and St. Gabriel.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #257
RendeR
Coordinator

*smacks self in head*
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #258
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I will go back to my cardboard box with my head hung low tonight...see you cats in the morning.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #259
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] FUCK! what are the odds we setup seer vs. gabriel on the first night?? do we think this makes it more or less likely that telle is gabriel ? [/ooc]
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:44 PM   #260
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Just in case there's ever a Cathedral 3 do NOT get excited if you're the seer. You are SO going down D1 .
Old 01-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #261
Danny
Head Coach

Don't think it changes the likelihood all that much. No one knew Hannibal was the seer.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #262
RealDeal
High School Varsity

In my opinion, the whole Telle reveal was fishy as hell.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #263
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
In my opinion, the whole Telle reveal was fishy as hell.

Not really when you consider there would be not one, but two people who KNOW she's lying if she fake revealed.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:57 PM   #264
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I am retiring to my quarters for the evening now. I will pray to Our Lord and Savior for guidance regarding Telle.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:58 PM   #265
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Not really when you consider there would be not one, but two people who KNOW she's lying if she fake revealed.

At least two, but I think 3. I'm guessing based on the last game, there are three angels.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:58 PM   #266
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I believe that there was a fool last game though so maybe we hit that. (Trying to look at the glass half full)
Old 01-21-2009, 09:58 PM   #267
Danny
Head Coach

Fool?
Old 01-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #268
Danny
Head Coach

Hoops, you missed an action! Next year, tell your wife she will get her birthday surprise after the werewolf deadline
Old 01-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #269
Danny
Head Coach

BK, did Hannibal's actions go through for day 1? If i they did, looks like we have a lot of faking.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #270
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well, it may be a little meta-gamey, but CR picked walls, left early and then we fell 2 units short on the walls.

PurdueBrad was the other person who used both votes for walls.

So either one of them sabatouged us or there are 2 demons who each casted a single vote and sabatouged us.

I think CR is a good place to start looking tomorrow.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #271
Danny
Head Coach

There were 10 units spent on Artwork, 7 on carpentry. Now there are 4 shifts left on Artwork and 8 on carpentry.

Was were the totals for those before day 1?
Old 01-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #272
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
BK, did Hannibal's actions go through for day 1? If i they did, looks like we have a lot of faking.

unless I am missing something I don't see why Hannibels day work wouldnt count.

If they dont it throws my theories way off.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:07 PM   #273
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
unless I am missing something I don't see why Hannibels day work wouldnt count.

If they dont it throws my theories way off.

I agree, but it's worth confirmation
Old 01-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #274
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I think the only leftover actions was 1 by hoops. Surprised he would of all people would have an unused actions point.

Me too. I had a very messed up afternoon at work and tomorrow does not promise to be any better. Not intended as an excuse, as I let all of us down by not getting it in. But that is the explanation.

I'm happy to share more info about my crappy day at work if people want to hear it. Either way, I'll deal with any consequences in terms of votes tomorrow/going forward.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:11 PM   #275
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Just in case there's ever a Cathedral 3 do NOT get excited if you're the seer. You are SO going down D1 .

Had the same thought. The hits just keep on coming.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #276
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
There were 10 units spent on Artwork, 7 on carpentry. Now there are 4 shifts left on Artwork and 8 on carpentry.

Was were the totals for those before day 1?

I thought it was going to be listed in Post #3, but it appears that BK updated that one.

BK, would you be able to change the format of Post #3 to show the work on a per-day basis? I know it will make for a longer post, but it should help us keep track of the work better and not have to pester you about it.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #277
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would also really like confirmation on wheather or not Hannibals work counted
Old 01-22-2009, 01:42 AM   #278
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, today did not go ideal.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:59 AM   #279
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I would also really like confirmation on wheather or not Hannibals work counted
People who are lynched have their work counted (assuming they didn't fake it).
Old 01-22-2009, 06:13 AM   #280
Barkeep49
Coordinator

He was a pretty lousy guard if he couldn't even guard himself. In the morning you find that Lathum has been murdered. You do wonder what he was doing in a dark alley until you speak to some of his fellow guards and discover he had a bit of a hero complex and a great desire to prove his worth by killing someone.

Quote:
You’ve always been the big burly not too brainy type. It’s why your good at your job as Castle Guard. You don’t ask too many questions, but you get things done. But you’re sick of being thought of as incompetent. During the game you may take your training and use it to perform a night kill on a player of your choice. If you kill a demon or the cultist you will be able to make a second kill.

Walls - 2 shifts
Roof - 7 shifts
Windows - 7 shifts
Artwork - 4 shifts
Carpentry - 8 shifts
Old 01-22-2009, 06:25 AM   #281
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
I wasnt excited, I was bored at work!
Hannibal Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:34 AM   #282
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
well, it may be a little meta-gamey, but CR picked walls, left early and then we fell 2 units short on the walls.

PurdueBrad was the other person who used both votes for walls.

So either one of them sabatouged us or there are 2 demons who each casted a single vote and sabatouged us.

I think CR is a good place to start looking tomorrow.

I'm not sure what the meta-gamey comment means. CR worked on the walls and left early, but I don't think that makes him more likely to be the saboteur. And I know you can't respond now, but maybe someone else can take the torch for you. Anyway, I don't think we can rule out two single saboteurs, or someone faking one work but succeeding the second time. So I'm looking at CR, PB, RD, Telle, RendeR, and Alan.

I'm still suspicious of Telle's reveal. It was made SO close to deadline, it's like she was hoping no one would be around to counter. And it's not a 24-hour clock, so she had no chance of avoiding a wolf kill by waiting. Also, in Cathedral I there were some rules where people couldn't say things -- for example, last game, cronin was Gabriel, and knew that Anxiety was Lucifer, but couldn't tell me (the other angel). There was some other similar rule, which cronin got penalized for disobeying -- maybe it was that he couldn't attack Lucifer? I dunno. Anyway, it could be that the real Gabriel can't say he is Gabriel. Also, Telle said she was St. Gabriel. I'm no Christian, but it's just Gabriel, right? An angel can't be a saint, can he? Then again, BK is no Christian either, so if there's a mistake there, it could be his. On the other hand, I don't recall hearing St. Gabriel when I was an angel last game.

To defend Telle a little, she's probably still alive because the demons aren't that interested in killing Gabriel. Last time, Lucifer knew who Gabriel was, so I imagine he was not allowed to kill him. Plus, the demons want a 1:1 ratio with villagers, so even when I was going nutcakes defending cronin last game, he was fine getting lynched, as long as we didn't lynch a villager. This is something to consider, though -- if we're near endgame and clueless on who to lynch, it might be better to lynch Gabriel instead of a villager. Last game the angels were sorta on our side -- this game we don't know.

Anyway, I'll be following along at work but can't post, and I'm not sure if I will be home by deadline today.

WORK ON WALLS
WORK ON WALLS

If anyone wants to double up on me, I understand.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #283
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

And, well, that really sucks. We've lost the guard and the seer and possibly outted Telle. Pretty bad day 1.

I can say this, I didn't fake the work, but that means at least one person (CR) or two people did.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #284
Passacaglia
Coordinator

But I don't think doubling up is necessary -- faking this work would be suicide.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:50 AM   #285
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hoops, you missed an action! Next year, tell your wife she will get her birthday surprise after the werewolf deadline

In addition to Hoops, I believe (unless I've missed it) that Alan T. also missed his second action. He worked on walls once. From what I know, that just doesn't seem in his nature.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #286
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Walls – Chief Rum (34), Chief Rum (34), Render (68), Hannibal (71),Telle (73), Real (74), Purdue (95), Purdue (95), Alan (137)

Looking at that list, Hannibal is dead, we're not quite sure where to go on Telle's reveal, leaving: Chief Rum and PurdueBrad who did 2 units of worked and could have faked both OR a combination of RendeR, Real, Alan, Telle, CR, and PB each faking one unit.

Honestly, I would be more likely to believe that two people each faked one unit of work rather than one person taking the early burden of faking two. I could be wrong. Looking at that list, I'm not quite ready to go Telle, leaving it RendeR, Real, or Alan T for me and I will throw out an early vote.

I may be holding up a double-standard here by not going after Hoops for not using his second action as well, but I feel like that Alan both worked on walls AND didn't use his second action. I'm guessing that the supernatural label fits him to A T. although I think this will drive some action against me.

vote Alan T.
vote Alan T.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:29 AM   #287
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Sorry to introduce this at this point, but Alan had emailed me asking to work on the Artwork with his second action yesterday. Upon checking the email now, I discovered this request. He had previously asked if emailing actions was OK and I had said yes, but as I was tired coming home from practice yesterday I didn't think to check that email. As I generally try to accommodate people who can't sit and watch the forums, I will be including this work at the end of today.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 01-22-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:30 AM   #288
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I only have a quick second this morning, busy day at work and I need to use the next 5-10 minutes to try to catch up here as well as all of my various sim leagues.

One quick note, PB.. I did use both of my actions yesterday. I am not sure if you are confused by all of the various different action lists that were put out (most of which seem wrong just at a quick glance), or if you are purposely trying to get me lynched in a game by throwing out something that sounds good to others even though it is entirely wrong.

You can go back and look for my post and see when I put the action in for the walls, I also put it in for another section of the cathedral (I don't remember what the other section was and don't have time to hunt it down just yet).

I'll not fire a retaliatory vote just yet since once I do I am locked in to the vote, but I will note for everyone else that did not stop PB at all from quickly putting the first vote out on me (for the tiebreaker) as well as using both actions on votes instead of saving one for work on the cathedral. He could have easily brought up his point about me (even if his point was incorrect) to try to draw votes, but instead he used an exclamation point that can not be undone.

I'll do the opposite, I doubt I can make it back during the work day today, it is super busy for me, but I'll pop in once I get home tonight (9pm ETish) somewhere or another. Anyhows, you can guess who I'm currently leaning towards using one action to vote for today based on his poor attempt to try to frame me.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #289
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry to introduce this at this point, but Alan had emailed me asking to work on the Artwork with his second action yesterday. Upon checking the email now, I discovered this request. He had previously asked if emailing actions was OK and I had said yes, but as I was tired coming home from practice yesterday I didn't think to check that email. As I generally try to accommodate people who can't sit and watch the forums, I will be including this work at the end of today.

BK, I think I have you confused. I emailed you because your post counts were off regarding me having actions left (You said I had two actions left) and I mentioned the artwork and walls in my email. I had previously posted in this thread that I wanted to work on both.

I guess I'm going to have to go back and find my post to show everyone I'm not insane, even though I don't have the time to do so right now.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #290
Barkeep49
Coordinator

And disregard that last post of mine. He'd stated he worked on the walls in 137 and I'd reflected that properly in the count. He mentioned why he emailed me about the work .

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 01-22-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #291
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well, I waited around as long as I could. I may be back tonight, but I doubt it. So going to go ahead and put in work where I feel it benefits us the most. Making sure the walls are finished. If they end up not being completed tonight, it still is a small group of possible people who faked the work. For my second work, I chose the Artwork, if that gets faked there are only two people who could have done it.

WORK ON WALLS
WORK ON ARTWORK

Here is my post from yesterday to clear up any confusion.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:37 AM   #292
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I'm in general agreement with Passacaglia's point that faking the walls would be a pretty monstrous red flag. Question I've got for others - do we still want to put some other resources on the walls or just leave them for him to finish?

There are a total of 12 shifts for Artwork + Carpentry, which we should be able to cover between the remaining 14 players (two dead, Pass = 2 walls, PB = 2 votes) pretty easily.

I'm also thinking that given these numbers most players should be voting today.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:37 AM   #293
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Barkeep's e-mail sheds more light on what happened with Alan. As for angling for the tie-breaker, no deal. I got my vote in because today is going to be a crazy day (new semester starts, ultrasound [not for me, but the wife] in the afternoon and that's in the city) so I don't know how much I'll be around.

All of that being said, I'm not trying to frame Alan for anything and I think BK's post confirms that. I am sticking with where I'm at, even if it costs me my life. There is nothing super regarding my nature, it does not fit me to A T.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:41 AM   #294
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, I'm in general agreement with Passacaglia's point that faking the walls would be a pretty monstrous red flag. Question I've got for others - do we still want to put some other resources on the walls or just leave them for him to finish?

There are a total of 12 shifts for Artwork + Carpentry, which we should be able to cover between the remaining 14 players (two dead, Pass = 2 walls, PB = 2 votes) pretty easily.

Just leave them to Pass to finish. If they don't get finished we know he faked it and an easy vote. If he doesn't fake them, we achieve that goal anyways. Adding more people just complicate the issue and reduce the amount of people able to work elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Barkeep's e-mail sheds more light on what happened with Alan. As for angling for the tie-breaker, no deal. I got my vote in because today is going to be a crazy day (new semester starts, ultrasound [not for me, but the wife] in the afternoon and that's in the city) so I don't know how much I'll be around.

All of that being said, I'm not trying to frame Alan for anything and I think BK's post confirms that. I am sticking with where I'm at, even if it costs me my life. There is nothing super regarding my nature, it does not fit me to A T.

I haven't caught up on the thread yet as you can guess. If Barkeep put my wrong totals up there, I can't fault you for being misled about it so I won't be retaliating. Voting for me is not a helpful move for the village however, and putting your vote out first thing I think is still a mistake unless you were trying to get the tiebreaker for some reason. That said, I doubt I'll retaliate at you today and am looking at other possibilities.

I'm out until tonight.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #295
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, leaving for work, but I will be checking in later before the deadline. Ironically, I think the theory that puts me in danger (the idea that wolves faked work) is a sound one to go off of to find wolves, and the list of Wall workers is a good one to go off of. That said, I am just a butcher and did not fake my work.

I will probably look to that list when I consider my vote later. I do anticipate using at least one vote on the lynch today, rather than using both on the cathedral.

BTW, I am struck with the notion that it's possible that wolves can do real work, and fake the second (I believe). Meaning, hypothetically, PB and I could have faked one, not two actions, and another single saboteur could be out there. Obviously, I support the concept that we have single saboteurs here.

Has anyone considered the other work done to see if it matches up with work claimed on that area? Walls had the most workers, but maybe we can use the other lists to clear people or produce other candidates. Artwork seemed to get a lot of votes.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #296
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:

I say we leave them for him to finish. If by chance they don't get done, we know he faked

I will probably work and vote again. I will wait to see how the day pans out before going one way or another.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:56 AM   #297
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm working on Part 2 of "really sucky work project" (aka - restore from backup gone wrong) and I've got another person who is shadowing me today. So I'm not likely to be in the thread a whole heck of a lot this morning or early afternoon. But I will be sure to get my orders in today and I fully expect to be around for the deadline tonight.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:00 AM   #298
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm working on Part 2 of "really sucky work project" (aka - restore from backup gone wrong) and I've got another person who is shadowing me today. So I'm not likely to be in the thread a whole heck of a lot this morning or early afternoon. But I will be sure to get my orders in today and I fully expect to be around for the deadline tonight.
That's funny. I'm spending part of my morning restoring from an installation that went wrong.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:02 AM   #299
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll swap war stories with you when this one is done. But right now I'm looking for a little divine intervention to bail out my customer.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #300
Tyrith
College Starter

Don't trust Telle's reveal one bit. She was about to go down, villager roles don't have actions obviously associated with them, so she picked the most obvious good guy role. Now, it's potentially true, but as a wolf ducking a lynch it's the most obvious cover ploy. She still has to be on today's list.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote