Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #351
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Did a game start up without me even knowing it??
Old 01-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #352
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I am curious to hear what the Baron has to say. Perhaps it will help to guide us.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #353
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

My dear villagers. I have waited some moments to share this with you, to attempt to see if more would be learned throughout the day, but I feel now is the time: Last night as I prayed to Our Lord and Savior, I was told some most distressing news. I prayed to Our Lord for guidance regarding Telle's revelation as Gabriel, and I was told that her claim of being Gabriel was false! She is not the Archangel!

I know not what she is, be she demon, or a villager up to no good, but I can tell you, she is not the Archangel Gabriel. Our Lord was quite clear on that!

I believe our course of action ought be clear, in the absence of a new revelation supported by something more than words.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #354
hoopsguy
General Manager

Going to put a vote on PurdueBrad. I'm not dead set on voting for him, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be sticking in the "walls" group one way or another.

VOTE PURDUE BRAD
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #355
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm ... I'll wait to hear what Telle has to say on this since both parties are around now.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #356
Telle
College Starter

Look at the rules. "He will always appear as a villager if scanned." The fact that I'm Gabriele can't be determined by any type of scan (prayer or otherwise I presume).
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #357
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] nice try, but it wasn't a SCAN [/ooc]
Old 01-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #358
Telle
College Starter

Sounds like one to me.. just characterized for the game.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #359
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

My ability was not some backwoods "scan" of the type favored by pagans Telle. I sought out the divine guidance of Our Lord and Savior and I questioned him as to the truthfullness of your statement. I was told that your statement was false.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #360
Telle
College Starter

I still think it's all related to scanning as a villager. My statement would come back false because as far as the villagers are allowed to tell through their powers, I am a villager.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:44 PM   #361
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Torgo confirms my suspicions. Nothing about telle's actions indicate she is Gabriel. If she were really Gabriel and had revealed, she would be taking a much more active role.

I don't want to waste unnecessary votes that can be used to build the cathedral, so I will hold my actions until nearer to the deadline. However, I will state my intention and stick my neck on the line right now. I can potentially cast up to three votes tonight. My role as baker allows me to perform an extra action once in the game. I will cast as many of those votes as it takes to hang telle.

If any want to save her, step up now and show your face.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #362
Telle
College Starter

I'm not that much of an "active role" kind of player.

And latching onto this so quickly and firmly, RealDeal, makes me think you're one of the devils trying to get rid of me.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #363
RendeR
Coordinator

That doesn't necessarily mean she's a demon however. She could simply be an angel and they decided the best way to save her was to reveal as Gabrial. This doesn't hurt the angels as much because as a target if they kill her they miss the real gabrial.

The only person who WOULD contest this would be Lucifer and he's not going to come out and say so.

Still based on this I don't have an issue with the reveal as it stands to reason even if her statement is false that she's on the side of good.

However my dear Clergiman, you open yourself up to extreme circumspection by making a statement you can't back up. I'm quite leary of such one sided accusations. It would be far simpler for you, as a demonic member, to state this, throwing more suspicion on Telle to protet...whom? CR, and or PB?

interesting indeed.

I am still awaiting word from ...ahem...God himself (BK) before I divulge my previous matter. If it proves out as I suspect it will then I can , IMO, narrow our field of votes down to 4.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #364
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Perhaps. This may be true. I suppose I may be willing to leave the question of your fate up to others - notably Lucifer, the minion of darkness, whom if you are Gabriel, we both oppose with every fiber of our beings.

Your time will come though - whether at the hands of the demons infesting my congregation, or at our hands. Know that, whomever you are.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #365
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I am definitely trying to get rid of you.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #366
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
Torgo confirms my suspicions. Nothing about telle's actions indicate she is Gabriel. If she were really Gabriel and had revealed, she would be taking a much more active role.

I don't want to waste unnecessary votes that can be used to build the cathedral, so I will hold my actions until nearer to the deadline. However, I will state my intention and stick my neck on the line right now. I can potentially cast up to three votes tonight. My role as baker allows me to perform an extra action once in the game. I will cast as many of those votes as it takes to hang telle.

If any want to save her, step up now and show your face.

Thank you for hanging your name on the suspect list as well. A bit over the top there my friend. IS that a sunburn or is your skin normally that bright shade of red?
Old 01-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #367
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I need not answer to you Baron RendeR. Simply because you enjoy dragging your maid out behind the woodshed and ravishing her [ooc] could i really resist? [/ooc], does not mean that in matters of faith I must answer to you. I answer to GOD.

God can attest to my abilities as a man of faith.

And note that I said I was not making any statement about what Telle WAS, I was merely stating that her statement was false. I did not claim she was a demon, or claim that she was an angel. I am simply spreading the truth.

And enemies of the truth are enemies of the light.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #368
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I need not answer to you Baron RendeR. Simply because you enjoy dragging your maid out behind the woodshed and ravishing her [ooc] could i really resist? [/ooc], does not mean that in matters of faith I must answer to you. I answer to GOD.

God can attest to my abilities as a man of faith.

And note that I said I was not making any statement about what Telle WAS, I was merely stating that her statement was false. I did not claim she was a demon, or claim that she was an angel. I am simply spreading the truth.

And enemies of the truth are enemies of the light.

Ahh yes, Truth...whose truth though? Yours? Realdeal's? That is what is really at the heart of it. no matter how Pious you are or claim to be, you are just as suspect as the rest of this flock and your statements are trusted just as strongly..IE not much.

Without some sort of support, your statement is nothing more than another random card flung from the gambler's deck.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #369
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Thank you for hanging your name on the suspect list as well. A bit over the top there my friend. IS that a sunburn or is your skin normally that bright shade of red?

We do agree on this matter Baron. It is as I had hoped, that perhaps by revealing the truth and bringing all matters into the light of day that those whose loyalties lie with darkness would be more easily revealed.

Do not my villagers
go gentle into this night
rage....RAGE...against the dying of the light

[ooc] apologies to John Donne [/ooc]
Old 01-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #370
RendeR
Coordinator

And what I do with my wife's maid is nobodies business
Old 01-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #371
hoopsguy
General Manager

RendeR is pretty much summing up why I'm not immediately throwing my vote onto Telle. But the math is compelling:

Assumption: 3 angels, 3 demons, 1 cultist
- not Gabriel, so two angels available
- four potential roles that we would like to be rid of

I'm a huge math guy in these games and these seem like good odds to me. But I'm trying to be sensitive to the idea that the angels could be looking to guide conversation away from Telle votes without revealing their position. There were quite a few people talking in the thread about suspecting the reveal but no one actually followed up with a vote. That had me thinking "Angel" earlier, with the idea of Gabriel being pretty much irrelevant.

But the fact that Telle is not Gabriel just tweaks the math a little further towards taking a shot at her. Ditto her being on the list of people who worked on the walls yesterday.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #372
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ahh yes, Truth...whose truth though? Yours? Realdeal's? That is what is really at the heart of it. no matter how Pious you are or claim to be, you are just as suspect as the rest of this flock and your statements are trusted just as strongly..IE not much.

Without some sort of support, your statement is nothing more than another random card flung from the gambler's deck.

I need not point out that it is the height of folly for you to forget that you and I are in the same position my dear Baron. My eye is cast not upon you at this time however.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #373
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And what I do with my wife's maid is nobodies business

[ooc] i just couldn't resist tying that in there [/ooc]
Old 01-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #374
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - make that "RendeR's logic/argument" in first line of my last post.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #375
RendeR
Coordinator

Ahh father, thank you for thy kind words.

I have received an Epiphony that will allow me to narrow our list down.

OF those who worked on the walls *I* believe that telle is not a demon based on my previous statements.

Obviously the dead man was not a demon either,

*I* am not a demon, and My wife can attest to this. Our roles describe specifically that we would be able to see if one or the other of us is a demon OR and angel and we see neither in us. So *I* am safe.

Jonathan can support this.

That leaves 4 people? Of which Real Deal has just seriously pushed his name UP that list. I had intended to vote for CR, but right now my spirit giudes me to vote for Realdeal:

VOTE REALDEAL
Old 01-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #376
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Uh, translation Render?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #377
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I guess my only consternation with switching to RD is that then it'd mean someone else faked as well. Which I think would be a horrific play on their part.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #378
RendeR
Coordinator

Jonathan and I are so madly in love that we can see the demonic or angelic presense within us, neither of us are demons or angels, we're human.

This is from our PM's. he can verify this as well.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #379
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I guess my only consternation with switching to RD is that then it'd mean someone else faked as well. Which I think would be a horrific play on their part.

I disagree. but hey, thats how the game works.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:07 PM   #380
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I find this quite information quite interesting Baron. You have revealed much information that may be of use to the village, and it seems you have guided us towards a high-probability target - thanks in no small part to my assistance I must point out - now about raising the tithe to support the importation of some fine linens for my vestaments?

I shall for the time being place a single vote, however I am prepared to lay another vote if necessary.

VOTE REALDEAL

Old 01-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #381
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
*I* am not a demon, and My wife can attest to this. Our roles describe specifically that we would be able to see if one or the other of us is a demon OR and angel and we see neither in us. So *I* am safe.

Jonathan can support this.

This is true. I am able to trust my husband completely because I would know if he's angel or demon, and he would be able to do the same with me.

Unfortunately, I am not able to trust him with our servants. Sigh. At least this time it was with a woman.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #382
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:
Jonathan and I are so madly in love that we can see the demonic or angelic presense within us, neither of us are demons or angels, we're human.

This is from our PM's. he can verify this as well.

Anyway, here's my questions for Render, because I still don't understand:

1. I assume you are saying you and Jonathan have special abilities that allow you to determine whether or not each other of you is human. If so, you could confirm if Johnathan is human, but we would require Johnathan to confirm that you are human.

2. You have said that Telle is not a demon. What ability allows you to do this? What does your ability with Johnathan have to do with this?

3. Are you saying that she is not a demon or that she is indeed Gabriel. She says that she's Gabriel. Do you say that is true?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #383
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I disagree. but hey, thats how the game works.

Disagree because you think RD is a demon or disagree because you think two demons each sabotaging for 1x value would be a good play?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #384
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
This is true. I am able to trust my husband completely because I would know if he's angel or demon, and he would be able to do the same with me.

Unfortunately, I am not able to trust him with our servants. Sigh. At least this time it was with a woman.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #385
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm with RealDeal on this line of questioning. I do not find him any more or less likely to be a demon based on Render/Jonathan being villagers.

But I'm intrigued enough by the current conversation to:
UNVOTE PURDUE BRAD
Old 01-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #386
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Disagree because you think RD is a demon or disagree because you think two demons each sabotaging for 1x value would be a good play?

Two demons sabotaging from 1x is a great play if it neither of them worked on the walls twice. It then makes it go down the road we've been going down with Occam's Razor - if there were two sabotages our inclination is to suspect a single source instead of two.

For this reason I consider it highly unlikely one person was the source of our sabotage, and with CR being gone all day - with no ability to react to how the day turned out - he's probably the one out of the wall group I have the least reason to suspect, because the 1 and 1 play is a lot dodgier in a vacuum - the marginal value of the last unit of work on the walls is significantly greater than any other, and we had just enough to finish.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #387
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Heinz, I see your side but I think it would be an equally poor play to have someone double-fake because, as we've seen, everyone immediately looks at CR and I because we put in two actions.

I'm off the ultrasound (you know, make sure he is still a he in there and all) but should be back this evening.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #388
Tyrith
College Starter

The whole RealDeal thing is overblown, IMO. Although the Render/JE thing does lower Render on the list because that would be an amazingly dangerous linkage for two wolves to make this early in a game that, to this point, they are ahead in quite handily.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #389
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Two demons sabotaging from 1x is a great play if it neither of them worked on the walls twice. It then makes it go down the road we've been going down with Occam's Razor - if there were two sabotages our inclination is to suspect a single source instead of two.

For this reason I consider it highly unlikely one person was the source of our sabotage, and with CR being gone all day - with no ability to react to how the day turned out - he's probably the one out of the wall group I have the least reason to suspect, because the 1 and 1 play is a lot dodgier in a vacuum - the marginal value of the last unit of work on the walls is significantly greater than any other, and we had just enough to finish.

ding, ding, ding! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

And, as my wife just said, if I don't get up now, the next time I'll see the baby is when he comes out.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #390
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Anyway, here's my questions for Render, because I still don't understand:

1. I assume you are saying you and Jonathan have special abilities that allow you to determine whether or not each other of you is human. If so, you could confirm if Johnathan is human, but we would require Johnathan to confirm that you are human.

Done, see Jon's post

Quote:
2. You have said that Telle is not a demon. What ability allows you to do this? What does your ability with Johnathan have to do with this?

I believe she is not a demon, I have not stated for a fact that she is not. This question is designed to sew confusion, very nice, you just went up another notch.

Quote:
3. Are you saying that she is not a demon or that she is indeed Gabriel. She says that she's Gabriel. Do you say that is true?

I am not saying its true, I am saying that based on the sheer number of people who could call her out on this reveal (at least 2 other angels, and Lucifer) that she, as a demon would be a moron for doing so.

Even if what DT says is true and that she is lying about BEING gabriel, I still believe she is NOT a demon because for a demon to make this play would be monumentally fatal.

I BELIEVE telle is not a demon, time of course will be MY judge.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #391
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Heinz, I see your side but I think it would be an equally poor play to have someone double-fake because, as we've seen, everyone immediately looks at CR and I because we put in two actions.

I'm off the ultrasound (you know, make sure he is still a he in there and all) but should be back this evening.

Or it's next-level logic and they double-fake because "of course no wolf would be ballsy enough to do that" so it's a good cover.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #392
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm with RealDeal on this line of questioning. I do not find him any more or less likely to be a demon based on Render/Jonathan being villagers.

But I'm intrigued enough by the current conversation to:
UNVOTE PURDUE BRAD

Do not misunderstand me, I am not basing my vote on RealDeal on anything to do with my abilities or Jon's. his post came out with such vehemance and exuberance that it was simply far too over the top to be believed to be a normal reaction. I think he wanted to really push for Telle because he saw a chance to get everyone moving that way and it flopped. His posts and his questions are stated in such a way that I feel like a used car salesman is trying to buy me off.

My radar, shll we say, is alight with realdeal.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #393
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] headed home, won't be back on till after dinner [/ooc]
Old 01-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #394
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Thanks, Render. It was confusing because it seemed as if your conclusion on Telle was based on some sort of ability. However, it seems that what you are saying is that you are not a demon (or angel), which you have some proof for, and thus your gut feeling about telle should be given more credence.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #395
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

RD is peaking on my radar as well. He seems to be jumping on Telle a lot harder than anyone else.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #396
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks, Render. It was confusing because it seemed as if your conclusion on Telle was based on some sort of ability. However, it seems that what you are saying is that you are not a demon (or angel), which you have some proof for, and thus your gut feeling about telle should be given more credence.

My opinion only carries any weight because I have support that I am not a demon.

My reasoning that she is not a demon is just a logical conclusion to the evidence at hand. AKA it would be a ludicrously bad move on her part. And we know she's far from a fool in these games.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:51 PM   #397
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

VOTE REALDEAL

His sudden play this afternoon seems fishy to me.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:51 PM   #398
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
RD is peaking on my radar as well. He seems to be jumping on Telle a lot harder than anyone else.

Peaking? you see his face through your scope?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #399
RendeR
Coordinator

And with that, for now I shall retire. I have an appointment with my...erm...wife =) in a bit anyway so I shall return at a later time.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #400
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I have jumped on Telle, and if you look back, I was on her the second she "revealed" because I know for a fact she is not Gabriel.

I don't know if Telle is demon or human but she is definitely NOT GABRIEL.

I am Michah. Last night I guarded the walls, and it appears that I was successful, as there was no sabotage. I will be guarding some portion of the cathedral tonight (which I will not obviously not disclose). I will be protected from wolf death tonight, although on future nights any of you who have protection abilities should help me stay alive.

Yesterday, I publicly did two shifts on the walls. However, in reality I faked one of those shifts. As an angel, I have other duties additional to building the temple. Just as we must build a physical house to the Lord, we must also devote some of our time to building a spiritual house. As we angels are able to complete this spiritual house, additional benefits will accrue both to the angels and the humans.

Anyway, to sum up in some non-angelic language, Telle's "reveal" is BULL SHIT. As I said in an earlier post I will be casting as many votes as it takes to hang her.