Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2006, 05:57 PM   #3551
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Catonsville, MD
Note, Barkeep, that I would have role revealed if they turned on you and moved to lynch you, because I could be 100% confirmed by path and then you could be 100% confirmed by me.


-Anxiety
__________________
Check one of my current weekly Magic columns!

/http://www.gatheringmagic.com/author/abesargent/

As of 8/15/13, my old column at StarCityGames is BACK TO WEEKLY BABY!

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/new...=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:12 PM   #3552
Alan T
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Here is a question, especially for the necros but input wanted from anyone:

I had initially tried to set up the percentages for the search/kill decision to be a pretty hard one - that each was just about as good an option. Given that every one of the necros opted to search on Night 1 and all but one searched on nights 2 and 3, it seems like I probably needed to make the Kill option a little more attractive.

What percentages for the kill would have made the option of solo kill an equally good option? Or other conditions surrounding the kill? If someone decides to run a game with a similar mechanic, I would love for them to have some of the feedback from this game on these conditions.


The first 2-3 days I wasn't worried about killing. Usually in most cases the good guys do a good enough job for you. I was mainly looking to try to set up communications and develop some plan/strategy and more importantly try to find out who not to go after. It would have to have been pretty much a better chance of not killing someone on my team to have done that option I think.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:51 PM   #3553
st.cronin
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Here is a question, especially for the necros but input wanted from anyone:

I had initially tried to set up the percentages for the search/kill decision to be a pretty hard one - that each was just about as good an option. Given that every one of the necros opted to search on Night 1 and all but one searched on nights 2 and 3, it seems like I probably needed to make the Kill option a little more attractive.

What percentages for the kill would have made the option of solo kill an equally good option? Or other conditions surrounding the kill? If someone decides to run a game with a similar mechanic, I would love for them to have some of the feedback from this game on these conditions.


I thought the balance was pretty good. I would have gone scan, kill, scan, kill, until I found a friend.
__________________
co-commish: bb-bbcf.net

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:24 PM   #3554
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Well I, personally, think the percentages, if anything, were already favorable for the necros. As it stood there was, on night 1, a 25% chance of randomly choosing another necro. Thus there was a 75% chance of choosing a human. Thus, if a necro had decided to go for a kill, the end results would look like this:
37.5% chance of killing a villager (75% chance of finding a villager; 50/50 chance of killing that villager)
37.5% chance of failing to kill a villager (75% chance of finding a villager; 50/50 chance of killing that villager)
18.75% chance of finding a necro and meeting each other
(25% chance of finding a necro, 75% chance that they recognize each other)
3.125% chance of finding a necro, attacking them, failing to kill them, but having the other person know that the person who attacked them was a necro, allowing them to connect the next night (25% chance of finding a necro, 25% chance of not realizing they were a necro, 50% chance of failing to kill them)
3.125% chance of killing a necro

It seems to me that the risk of killing a necro is low enough, and since only 3.125% points of finding another necro are sacrificed, with the aditional 37.5% chance of killing a villager, that killing every night instead of searching is the way to go in the current rule set.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:04 PM   #3555
Fouts
College Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: California
Great game, hoops. The prophecy role reminded me of the creature/wizard game where BrianD was the invulnerable wizard.

FWIW, I had no idea that Lathum was the prophecy. By reading the rules, it seemed obvious to me that only a good guy could summon an avatar. If Lathum had told me he was favored by the gods, I wouldn't have voted for myself and stayed around a couple more days. I'm sure he would rather keep favor of the gods, than have me around stirring up trouble. Looks like you guys had the right idea going after him.

Still sucks to be told you are in the game and log in to find 8 votes against you before you say anything. People like to dogpile even without a good reason.

After the game, I always find out that you guys are a lot better players than I give you credit for during the game. Well done.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:26 PM   #3556
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Fouts: You did an amazing job coming in. Hats off to you. I mean if you hadn't voted for yourself you'd have effectively closed an 8 vote deficit. Just a great job of persuasion.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-29-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:30 PM   #3557
Fouts
College Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Fouts: You did an amazing job coming in. Hats off to you. I mean if you hadn't voted for yourself you'd have effectively closed an 8 vote deficit. Just a great job of persuasion.

Thanks, although I won't take credit for persuading people about Lathum. You guys had it right about him. If I weren't limited to a 3 day life, I wouldn't have voted for myself. I didn't see myself as a player, but more as a pawn for the good guys (including Lathum at the time).
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:45 PM   #3558
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Oh, man. I'm already dead for Pharaoh's sake! What'd I do.....

you didnt do anything, hoops forgot a small detail that would have saved your life....when i found out i was diseased, i asked him exactly when i would die, and if i would have enough time to craft another scarab. he told me i would die at the end of day 7, and since crafting was my day action, i would be able to make one. i asked what would happen to it if i made it, and he said it would pass to the pharaoh when i died....so, i made a scarab knowing i would be dead at the end of the day and you would get it with my possessions when i died.

The problem was, he forgot to tell you that I had it and it was now yours, and you got killed that night....so you could possibly have used it right away and not gotten whacked.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:01 PM   #3559
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Catonsville, MD
Ouch.
__________________
Check one of my current weekly Magic columns!

/http://www.gatheringmagic.com/author/abesargent/

As of 8/15/13, my old column at StarCityGames is BACK TO WEEKLY BABY!

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/new...=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #3560
path12
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
so, i made a scarab knowing i would be dead at the end of the day and you would get it with my possessions when i died.

The problem was, he forgot to tell you that I had it and it was now yours, and you got killed that night....so you could possibly have used it right away and not gotten whacked.

I would have used it, too. Wonder if I had still been alive if Anxiety would have protected me last night.......
__________________
We have always been at war with Eastasia.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:27 PM   #3561
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
Yep, I didn't realize I had missed it until results were already posted. Sorry to all parties involved for the screw-up.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:10 AM   #3562
Vince
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Willow Glen, CA
Anxiety, I hope you don't think I'm accusing you of anything with my previous post (about how we win if you don't do what you did)...that's not it at all. Just an interesting observation.

Alan -- I'm curious if on/around day 2 you had suspicions of bulletsponge being a necromancer. I was nearly certain for the majority of that day that your use of the word 'bulletproof' was intentional.

The more I think about it, the more I like the game. Though at first blush I thought Lathum was too powerful, he did have a LOT of ground to make up. My men of the match:

Honorable Mention: Dubb -- He was right on the money, played true to his role, and did everything he could to help out the good guys from beginning to end.

Third Star: Fouts -- Coming into a game that was already three days and over a thousand posts old, Fouts had 8 votes against him before he made a single post. He did a fantastic job of playing his role to the hilt, and nearly pulled off the comeback of the century.

Second Star: Chubby -- This was seriously your first game? My lord. He was not only the baddest of the bad guys (well, the KNOWN bad guys), but he had nary a whit of real suspicion until day four or five, and there really was no one who seriously thought he was the head necromancer until AFTER it was revealed by hoopsguy. Phenomenal first effort.

First Star: Lathum -- What can I say that hasn't been said already? He was able to play both sides of against each other, garnering the trust of the good guys, while eliminating the bad guys fast enough so that they couldn't eliminate him. Truly an epic performance.
__________________
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.Thatís not me talking: thatís science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 06-30-2006 at 04:11 AM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:30 AM   #3563
Alan T
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Anxiety, I hope you don't think I'm accusing you of anything with my previous post (about how we win if you don't do what you did)...that's not it at all. Just an interesting observation.

Alan -- I'm curious if on/around day 2 you had suspicions of bulletsponge being a necromancer. I was nearly certain for the majority of that day that your use of the word 'bulletproof' was intentional.

The more I think about it, the more I like the game. Though at first blush I thought Lathum was too powerful, he did have a LOT of ground to make up. My men of the match:

Honorable Mention: Dubb -- He was right on the money, played true to his role, and did everything he could to help out the good guys from beginning to end.

Third Star: Fouts -- Coming into a game that was already three days and over a thousand posts old, Fouts had 8 votes against him before he made a single post. He did a fantastic job of playing his role to the hilt, and nearly pulled off the comeback of the century.

Second Star: Chubby -- This was seriously your first game? My lord. He was not only the baddest of the bad guys (well, the KNOWN bad guys), but he had nary a whit of real suspicion until day four or five, and there really was no one who seriously thought he was the head necromancer until AFTER it was revealed by hoopsguy. Phenomenal first effort.

First Star: Lathum -- What can I say that hasn't been said already? He was able to play both sides of against each other, garnering the trust of the good guys, while eliminating the bad guys fast enough so that they couldn't eliminate him. Truly an epic performance.

not intentional at all. First real feels for bullet that I had was when I first started accusing him of being an inconsistant new player (ie: not knowing basic game rules but knowing complex bad guy strategies)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:34 AM   #3564
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
In addition to the guys mentioned by Vince, I also thought that Tyrith played a very good game as an ordinary villager. He was also right on the money with his play the whole way through despite not having any role knowledge to help him out.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:32 AM   #3565
st.cronin
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Mexico
I agree about Tyrith. He's quickly become one of the top ww players on this board.
__________________
co-commish: bb-bbcf.net

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:10 AM   #3566
path12
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I agree about Tyrith. He's quickly become one of the top ww players on this board.

Couldn't agree more.
__________________
We have always been at war with Eastasia.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:05 AM   #3567
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Catonsville, MD
MEGANECROBUMP
__________________
Check one of my current weekly Magic columns!

/http://www.gatheringmagic.com/author/abesargent/

As of 8/15/13, my old column at StarCityGames is BACK TO WEEKLY BABY!

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/new...=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.