Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-30-2005, 09:32 PM   #101
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well here's hoping my intuition is correct.

I think most would agree the special roles are the more outgoing, in order to solidify themselves as important parts of the game. Following this logic Tiger should of been seen by any wolf as a "low risk" meal. Meaning chances are that's one villager out rather than a sorcerer. I, and I doubt I was the only, was pretty confident that Tiger would be out night one. He lived and it's my belief everyone would of killed him, with the exception obviously of himself.

On to why Fonzie? Rather than you or I? He wanted one special role in the final round and one innocent, likely you. To pull that off I think he flipped a coin between myself and Fonzie with the belief/hope one of us was the hunter and one of us was the Sorcerer.

Either way the next round was to quickly play up his innocent ways from the previous night and quickly build up a case against a possible wolf, and act quickly doing it. I've been trying to slow it down some just to verify my suspicions, and the fact that he did not waver after my argument against you solidifies it in my opinion.

As for Occam's Razor, in this game? Come on. So this is the risk I'm taking, if Shorty is a Sorcerer I am screwed.

Vote Tigercat

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-30-2005 at 09:35 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:42 PM   #102
korme
Go Reds

LOL, I'm not a sorceror. But jeff, alright, you have made up my mind. I'm ready to win baybay!

Vote Tigercat
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:52 PM   #103
Tigercat
College Starter

I have a bad feeling I am up against the Wolf and the Sorceror, I had that feeling when Shorty delayed and didn't vote right away, it was the risk I took though, with him being 1 out of 3 special roles. Coause I am the plain villager. Cause if Shorty was the hunter, he wouldn't care who would go to the blocks, he would just send the first one at the first opporitunity (Jeff) so either the wolf would be dead or he could battle the wolf. If Shorty was the seer he would have hopefully seen one of us two already and known I wasn't the wolf or that Jeff was. I suppose Jeff could still be a hunter, if so good luck my man even though you are about to send me to my death.

But most likely? The Sorceror and the wolf. Tough draw for me, the basic freakin villager. And Shorty if you are a good guy you played this last round awefully bad, IMO.

Thats all I have to say. I have no defense cause I am all that I said I am and my actions have proven that, and only evilspawn would go against that.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:57 PM   #104
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Tigercat's on the block, vote for life or death.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:00 PM   #105
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't see where your actions have proven that, this is the problem. By rushing into what should be the mostly slowly played round so you could take a chance on a Hunter who could of already died twice? Sounds like quite a stretch to me.

Vote Tigercat for death

Old 06-30-2005, 10:08 PM   #106
Tigercat
College Starter

Rushing into? So you think at the end of the game banter will be more telling than voting actions and kill lists? Couldn't disagree more.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:11 PM   #107
korme
Go Reds

Ok. I realize I am rolling the dice here but I feel that if I go back on my initial gut and vote TC for life then it just opens a whole new can of worms.

With that said, vote Tigercat for death.

Time to find out jeff's role.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:17 PM   #108
Tigercat
College Starter

last words: I don't trust either of you bastards!
Old 06-30-2005, 10:17 PM   #109
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Heehee.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:19 PM   #110
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

This could be cool or it could be anticlimatic.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:31 PM   #111
korme
Go Reds

Calling Peregrine..
Old 06-30-2005, 10:36 PM   #112
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Shorty and Jeff turn on Tigercat quickly, and after a brief battle are able to subdue him...then bash his head in with a club a few more times just to make sure. The two remaining survivors look at each other, then with a wicked laugh Shorty turns into a werewolf and lunges at Jeff to tear him to pieces! Unfortunately...Jeff draws a nasty carved silver dagger and plunges it into Shorty's skull in one brutal strike, killing him. Jeff was the Hunter!

Villagers win!

Roles were:

Tigercat - Villager
Shorty - Werewolf
Fonzie - Sorceror
Qwikshot - Seer
Jeff061 - Hunter
Old 06-30-2005, 10:37 PM   #113
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Ah, that went off well.

Sorry I wasn't a innocent villager, though I played a dumb one rather well apparently.

I knew Shorty was a Wolf and Tiger was a innocent or a sorcerer thanks to Qwik the seer's post.

Quote:
even though you are about to send me to my death.

I gave you your chance .

Old 06-30-2005, 10:38 PM   #114
Tigercat
College Starter

Ah the play in which I had screwed up in the end, was afraid of that, sorry Jeff. But we won anyway, so its all good.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:40 PM   #115
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Meh, if you had gone after Shorty instead of me all would of gone according to your plan.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:41 PM   #116
korme
Go Reds

Dammit!
Old 06-30-2005, 10:43 PM   #117
korme
Go Reds

Ok, after Tigercat suspected jeff was a hunter, I was like FUCK! Especially since TC was saying he was the plain villager, I thought.. Should I say I for some reason believe TC and vote for jeff? Cause that's an easy win for me, but I figured if I did that, I'd be fixing up my own noose.. I mean if I keep flip flopping you both would have switched over and caught on.

So I rolled the dice, hoping jeff was a sorceror or seer.

I was wrong.

BTW, I ate Fonzie because if I ate jeff or TC, 2 guys who originally wanted to lynch me, it would look kind of obvious. I ate Fonzie just to confuse the hell out of everyone, also. :P
Old 06-30-2005, 10:43 PM   #118
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Why did you go after Fonzie by the way? I truly was suprised that Tiger lived.

Already answered . I was worried you'd pick up on his hunter talk, especially when it took you a bit to confirm.

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-30-2005 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:44 PM   #119
korme
Go Reds

Now I see I killed the man who coulda helped me. D'oh.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:46 PM   #120
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Meh, if you had gone after Shorty instead of me all would of gone according to your plan.

Its actually Fonzie who screwed me up. I knew he was the sorceror, and he told me "I am suspicious of Shorty too" That combined with the fact that I just got more of a wolf acting vibe from you than Shorty.. You definately saved us, good thing Shorty didn't listen to me.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:47 PM   #121
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

That whole long winded explanation I gave was a early theory I tossed out after re-reading Qwik's post. But I decided to use it again since it seemed believable, and I just wanted you to think that I REALLY thought Tiger was a wolf.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:47 PM   #122
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Why did you go after Fonzie by the way? I truly was suprised that Tiger lived.

Already answered . I was worried you'd pick up on his hunter talk, especially when it took you a bit to confirm.
Another thing is, because if you both again went back to accusing me of being the wolf, I would have pointed out that strategically it made no sense for me to eat Fonz, if I were the wolf..

Last edited by korme : 06-30-2005 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:50 PM   #123
Tigercat
College Starter

Although Shorty, I really suspected you as being some evil creature when you didn't vote with me we right away. Not voting Jeff right away wouldn't make sense as the Hunter, and I was pretty damn sure Qwik was the Seer. Thats not to say I would have voted you on a flipflop, I'm not sure what I would have done.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:51 PM   #124
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Dammit!

Tell me about it. I managed to deftly identify and maneuver the Seer into a lynching in the first round, and what thanks do I get? I get munched on by the wolf I was trying to protect.

*sigh*
Old 06-30-2005, 10:52 PM   #125
korme
Go Reds

Yep. I think I was just anxious to see who was who and was ready to end the game
Old 06-30-2005, 10:52 PM   #126
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
Tell me about it. I managed to deftly identify and maneuver the Seer into a lynching in the first round, and what thanks do I get? I get munched on by the wolf I was trying to protect.

*sigh*

lol
Old 06-30-2005, 10:57 PM   #127
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Man this kept me up way later than I should be.

Off to work in 5.5 hours.

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-30-2005 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:02 PM   #128
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Should I say I for some reason believe TC and vote for jeff? Cause that's an easy win for me, but I figured if I did that, I'd be fixing up my own noose.. I mean if I keep flip flopping you both would have switched over and caught on.

Yeah this is the trick Shorty. You were in bad situation at the end because the hunter wins as long as he isn't lynched. I was surprised there wasn't more claiming of roles by all sides, you could have claimed to be the seer and viewed Jeff as a wolf the previous night for example. But live and learn, Jeff was in a great situation there.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:20 PM   #129
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Yeah this is the trick Shorty. You were in bad situation at the end because the hunter wins as long as he isn't lynched. I was surprised there wasn't more claiming of roles by all sides, you could have claimed to be the seer and viewed Jeff as a wolf the previous night for example. But live and learn, Jeff was in a great situation there.

I was expecting that as well.

Great stuff, Peregrine! Thanks again for hosting!
Old 07-01-2005, 05:30 AM   #130
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
I was surprised there wasn't more claiming of roles by all sides

Yeah I was suprised by this to, I was trying to leave my options open so that if the need arised I could claim I was a certain role, good or evil. But Tiger wasn't wavering and Shorty was being REAL quiet. I'd probably be screwed if I hadn't known for a fact that Shorty was a wolf.

If I knew whether Tiger was a villager or a sorcerer I may have tried different tactics, but he was so gung ho I assumed he was the sorcerer.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-01-2005 at 05:31 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:52 AM   #131
KevinNU7
College Starter

IMO the Hunter should always say that he is the Sorceror when they are down three. Say something like this, "I am the Sorceror! Werewolf, announce yourself and I will vote with you!!!!" This will inevidbly lead to the other two players both claiming they are the werewolf and voting against each other. Then you can pick whichever you want because it guarantees you won't get lynched. This same phylosiphy works if you are the sorceror too, but you have to weed out teh non-wolf on your own.

Last edited by KevinNU7 : 07-01-2005 at 06:52 AM.
KevinNU7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:08 AM   #132
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I went over all the angles. You can't bluntly say you are the sorcerer or the real sorcerer may say "No, I am" and accuse you of being the hunter(the very mention of which makes the wolf nervous). Then its all up to the Wolf to pick who he believes.

I screwed up early thinking it was Tiger, and I smacked myself when I figured out what was really going on, since I was worried I may of dug a hole, however I think I played the dummie roleless villager well when I decided too .

Anyways, my first post in the second round was to hint towards Tiger that I was the sorcerer and I was on his side. In order to have him believe me, or at the very least intill some doubt with him about who Shorty really was.

Would it of worked if I targeted Shorty with the same idea? Who knows.

Basically I think the trick to the game is being able to lay enough strong but subtle hints to get your idea accross, but leave enough leeway to be able change directions if your plan fails.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-01-2005 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:13 AM   #133
KevinNU7
College Starter

But then you have the claim that the person only said it as a reaction to your claim as the Sorceror. Also, there's always a good chance the sorceror may be dead before the final 3.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:19 AM   #134
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah but that claim means nothing. Especially when it has already been said to expect a bunch of misleading claims about roles. It will turn into who has the best argument. And who knows, even if the sorcerer is dead they could both say they are innocent villagers and then Lynch me, with one of them convincing the other that I am actually a Wolf.

And I don't like taking blind chances unless I have to. That was Tiger's strategy and it backfired. If I had been on the chopping block I may have played the percentage game. But then again what I would say all hinged on whether Tiger was good or evil. I thought he was evil, I would of been lynched.

I don't think there is an easy out, it varies game to game depending on the actions of others. Qwik's post swayed my actions in this game quite dramatically.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-01-2005 at 07:20 AM.