Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2005, 08:23 PM   #1151
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, was a very fun ride, SirFoz. I'm sure it took a lot of time/effort for you to craft both the roles and the writeups each night.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:24 PM   #1152
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Great job, Foz, it was a lot of fun.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:31 PM   #1153
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Basically, up until the point where Swaggs got you, I was very unsure about Digamma, and that bit about conversing in a strange language was one of the reasons.

Me too. I made my initial vote after the 2nd conversion for Raider's because he voted for Coffee AND Peregrine. I had also felt unsure about him the day before. Then Digamma tells me to "unite" with the humans and when I combined that with my misinterpretation of my scanning ability. Oh boy was I on the wrong side.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:39 PM   #1154
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Me too. I made my initial vote after the 2nd conversion for Raider's because he voted for Coffee AND Peregrine. I had also felt unsure about him the day before. Then Digamma tells me to "unite" with the humans and when I combined that with my misinterpretation of my scanning ability. Oh boy was I on the wrong side.

Yeah. What was the deal with your scanning ability? Your explanation sounded like a bunch of BS. That and the vote for Fouts made me near certain that you were an alien.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:44 PM   #1155
kingfc22
Head Coach

I had the same ability as Qwik. Got the same exact PM from Foz, but I thought it meant I was looking for the Zombie. Heck, I didn't even know there was a difference between a Chryssalid and a Chryssalid zombie because I have never played X-Com myself.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:39 PM   #1156
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Hacker (Swaggs): You were one of X-Com's elite computer agents. You followed the money trail to determine which nations were covertly funding aliens. You also raided some nations secret funds on months where funding ran dry. You were hoping that you could get a message out to the world about the coming threat, but all communications are locked down. But you still have one backdoor left in the system. Should they try to blast you, you'll blast them first.

Special Ability: COMPUTER OVERRIDE. If you are chosen to be blasted, you may activate this one time override, and choose another target to be blasted. YOU MAY ONLY USE THIS ONCE.

How did he save fouts, it says he can only use it if HE is chosen to be blasted. He saved fouts, not himself...

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:49 PM   #1157
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
How did he save fouts, it says he can only use it if HE is chosen to be blasted. He saved fouts, not himself...

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...postcount=1110

Last edited by Swaggs : 07-29-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:53 PM   #1158
Blade6119
Coordinator

lol, sry...didnt even see that post..thnx
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:00 PM   #1159
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Good job humans.

I can't believe I was pointed out and came close to biting the dust 3 times. Hah.

I have to give credit to hoopsguy and RA, though... they were brilliant in this game. :P
Old 07-29-2005, 11:20 PM   #1160
digamma
Torchbearer

Looks like I missed most of the debriefing. A great time.

hoopsguy was a very formidable foe, as were RA and Neon.

I got lucky in finding Swaggs as my main target for sharing information. That really swung the game for us on the save of Fouts and subsequent killing of hoopsguy.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:23 PM   #1161
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

We're still talking about it, the hydrocodone has mostly worn off, so if you have any questions, let me know
Old 07-29-2005, 11:24 PM   #1162
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yay good guys. Fun stuff SirFozzie, well done.

I was playing along the whole game, and had I been in it, I probably would have been more emotionally charged and messed up. But since I wasn't, the real turning point in the game had to be Qwik's reveal that Coffee was human. Until then no one other than Fouts could really believe if he was human or alien 100%. With that revelation the game barring any tricks with various roles and powers, was essentially over. I was surprised that you good guys didn't make more of a point of it when it happened, to get the undecided like King and Mr W more firnly on the side of good.

I also have to say the decision for the aliens to kill King was not the wisest one, but I understand the reasoning there now. There was certainly the chance to have used King as a pawn if you had kept him alive so maybe he would have got lynched instead of one of you. Other than Fouts you really had no one else to use that way after that. But you guys played well with the cards you were dealt.

And poor Fouts. What a role to be given after you pulled the wool over many of our eyes in Werewolf V. Unlike in that game your story didn't sound believable to me at all, and after you did it to us once, I saw no reason why you couldn't do it to us again. So I would have been sorely tempted to vote for you had I been playing. Good thing all that stuff happened with Coffee then. But because you were able to pull it off in Werewolf V, there's always going to be an aura of doubt around you. Comes with the Werewolf territory I guess. But I certainly wouldn't vote to kill you the first night in any future game just because you fooled us once. You can bet though I'd be watching you, and if I had any special powers that allowed me to determine anything about people, you'd be the first I'd use it on. Never had any hard feelings over any of that for you. Indeed I tipped my hat to your good play at my expense.

With "me" being an X-com veteran myself who survived till the final victory, I'm very happy to see my fellow X-comers win yet again over the aliens.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:25 PM   #1163
Thomkal
Head Coach

Fozzie, what's up with you and your shoulder?
Old 07-29-2005, 11:54 PM   #1164
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
And poor Fouts. What a role to be given after you pulled the wool over many of our eyes in Werewolf V. Unlike in that game your story didn't sound believable to me at all, and after you did it to us once, I saw no reason why you couldn't do it to us again. So I would have been sorely tempted to vote for you had I been playing. Good thing all that stuff happened with Coffee then. But because you were able to pull it off in Werewolf V, there's always going to be an aura of doubt around you. Comes with the Werewolf territory I guess. But I certainly wouldn't vote to kill you the first night in any future game just because you fooled us once. You can bet though I'd be watching you, and if I had any special powers that allowed me to determine anything about people, you'd be the first I'd use it on. Never had any hard feelings over any of that for you. Indeed I tipped my hat to your good play at my expense.

Thanks man. I gotta be good for awhile now to lose the stigma attached to me. That is probably why I bit it so early in WW 8. It is very frustrating to try and convince people you are telling the truth. Maybe now they know I can do both.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:29 AM   #1165
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
Fozzie, what's up with you and your shoulder?

I injured it back in Feburary (if you look for the stupidest injury ever post, that's me).

Well, six months later, and the pain has worsened.. they've done everything they can to it.. MRI (inconclusive but did see a deep bone bruise), x-rays, two cortisone shots, everything.

I usually wear what's called a "pain patch" to work to get me through the day, but when my arm gets tired, trust me, it's a fucking stone cold bitch to deal with. Especially on days where there's a ton of humidity or a sudden weather change

Some nights if I don't take the hydrocodine, I can't sleep.

They have me scheduled for surgery at the end of august, after my GenCon trip.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:29 AM   #1166
Vince
Pro Starter

What a blast!

Man does it suck being a grunt. Paranoia up the ass, and all you can do is hope for something to happen. The whole "maybe we can save him" thing with Raiders Army started to work on me, and I was trying to look for an excuse to leave him alive -- even though I dug up all that crap about him last night.

Reading the roles over again, I wasn't sure if Chryssalid Zombies could convert people...could they? If the answer is no, the nerves of that last day were kind of pointless

I'm still not sure what to make of playing the game as a grunt/villager type. I basically tried to throw out every single paranoid, hair-brained scheme I thought could possibly be going on. I didn't really do much (except for help CW get killed ) except for go along for the ride. It was entertaining though
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 03:30 AM   #1167
Blade6119
Coordinator

nope, just neon...the zombies were just bodies
Demotivation
Old 07-30-2005, 05:18 AM   #1168
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
And then come out with a reveal around 6:15 - 6:30 about having a one-time use hand scanner he had cobbled together, being the technician. But Fouts was having none of it So Raiders picked up on this later, but it didn't feel as believable (I don't think).

Nor did having the one-time device used to pick up on Fouts/Digamma conversing in random language the next day - particularly since that was brought up before lunch time. Too much time for people to analyze that and realize that RA was sure alien, thus cinching the rope around our collective throats a little tighter. I was very surprised this was not publicly flogged earlier than today.

Giving credit where credit is due, the "cobbling together a one-time scanner" thing was hoopsguy's idea...and it worked like a charm, effectively killing off Coffee Warlord.

The "strange language" thing was mine, and it didn't work as well, but it got kingfc22 and Mr. Wednesday to question whether digamma was the real deal or not. I only did this in response to him attacking us verbally.

It's really fun to make up the lies. Much more fun than being on the other side and trying to figure out who's telling the truth.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 06:28 AM   #1169
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
I injured it back in Feburary (if you look for the stupidest injury ever post, that's me).

Well, six months later, and the pain has worsened.. they've done everything they can to it.. MRI (inconclusive but did see a deep bone bruise), x-rays, two cortisone shots, everything.

I usually wear what's called a "pain patch" to work to get me through the day, but when my arm gets tired, trust me, it's a fucking stone cold bitch to deal with. Especially on days where there's a ton of humidity or a sudden weather change

Some nights if I don't take the hydrocodine, I can't sleep.

They have me scheduled for surgery at the end of august, after my GenCon trip.
Ack Fozzie, that's awful. I hope the surgery fixes the problem for good.

Last edited by Thomkal : 07-30-2005 at 06:29 AM.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:16 AM   #1170
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Anyway. When Blade died, I drew up this entire plan and ran it through hoopsguy.

We killed off Peregrine. hoopsguy and RA pile on me, but then remove suspicion since I was the ONLY guy left from Qwikshot's blame-game.

At sometime late in the game, Fouts was supposed to go out at about 6, 6:30... and say that his role was a technician, with the ability to scan people for ectoplasmic readings. He was supposed to say that he scanned Peregrine on day 1, me on day 2 (thus completely removing all doubt that I was an alien), and CW on day 3. CW would then be lynched, and ectoplasm count to -1... doesn't matter if he was human, the excuse would be that Fouts' device was only for ectoplasmic readings and not for alien confirmation.

Of course, CW pulled the trigger on us. COMPLETELY throwing me off-guard. When Fouts wasn't responding to my PM's, I knew there was something fishy going on. Good thing hoops thought about the alternate plan and gave it to RA.

Come to think of it, if Fouts decided to stick with the Alien alliance, we would've won the game in time-breaking fashion. I was pretty puzzled as to why you chose to switch sides, Fouts.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:45 AM   #1171
JeeberD
General Manager

Bah, damn you RA, damn you to hell!

As well, I still consider myself a weiner...err, winner...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:13 AM   #1172
hoopsguy
General Manager

Raiders, on the Dig/Fouts thing - I only wish you had said that you were out and about that night and overheard them. Tying it to the scanner left a big knot in my stomach that this would be our undoing. That was part of the reason I was posting so much that next day, to put so much content out there that people wouldn't re-read that post. Of course, I was also coming at it from the perspective that I knew you were lying originally ...

Fozzie, best of luck with the surgery.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:29 PM   #1173
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Damn ya'll for not listening to me in the first place.

Fun times, good game. Certainly got to seriously stir shit up first thing in the morning. Muah.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:31 PM   #1174
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Admit it, CW, admit your reactions on Day 1
Old 07-30-2005, 12:34 PM   #1175
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh dear god that was a riot. Fozzie just keeps PMing me, for christ's sake.

Bam. New message. Relive Cydonia, you're being mind probed, blah blah blah.
Bam. New message. Relive Cydonia, you're being mind probed AGAIN, blah blah blah.
Bam. New message. We're coming for you.

Me: "......fuuuuuuucccckkkk. Hoookay. PROTECTING ME! ME ME ME!"
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 01:38 PM   #1176
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos

Come to think of it, if Fouts decided to stick with the Alien alliance, we would've won the game in time-breaking fashion. I was pretty puzzled as to why you chose to switch sides, Fouts.

Well, I was human after all. I didn't trust you guys and felt I had a better chance with the bodyguard. I had made up my mind the night before everyone went after CW, agreeing to sending him messages.

I was like the hostage and saw my way out. Who would want to stay a captive?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 03:11 PM   #1177
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW, just for your edification..

If CW had guarded the right person, he would have driven an attack off.

If he caught the CHRYSSALID making a conversion (by guarding the right person during a Chryssalid conversion..) the Chryssalid would have died.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 07-30-2005 at 03:12 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 03:51 PM   #1178
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Well, I was human after all. I didn't trust you guys and felt I had a better chance with the bodyguard. I had made up my mind the night before everyone went after CW, agreeing to sending him messages.

I was like the hostage and saw my way out. Who would want to stay a captive?
Jesus.

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I was paranoid about somebody seeing me reading PMs, so I didn't read any of them that closely. I thought for sure you were on our team. I never looked at you like a slave. I guess I'm like Abe Lincoln in space.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:15 PM   #1179
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Jesus.

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I was paranoid about somebody seeing me reading PMs, so I didn't read any of them that closely. I thought for sure you were on our team. I never looked at you like a slave. I guess I'm like Abe Lincoln in space.

I know the feeling. In Werewolf V (VI? The Creatures/Bandit camp one), Schmidty and I moved our conversations to e-mail, because we thought we'd get "overheard" by people noticing that we were reading/writing PMs. I'm still blown away by Fouts' ability to win that game for us after 2/3rds of us were wiped out on night 2.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:16 PM   #1180
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, I sent out a warning about lurking in the thread without posting and reading the PMs when I got converted because those are both fairly strong indicators of bad guy activity.

Fouts, had you stayed with the forces of eveil then I think I would have voted to let you live if you contributed to the victory. If you were dead wood then I would have voted to kill you off just out of general alien spite.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:01 PM   #1181
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Finally we have more posts than that stupid American Idol thread.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:12 PM   #1182
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

How can you tell that someone is reading PMs?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:31 AM   #1183
Raiders Army
Coordinator

If you view their profile, I believe, that will work.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:57 AM   #1184
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
If you view their profile, I believe, that will work.

Yeah, whatever the last link you clicked will be your current activity. So in the Creature game, after I clicked the link to reply or write a pm I would open the General Discussion link in a new tab(or a new window). If you do that you can spend all the time in the world and it will show you browsing the forums. Just make sure you go to General Discussion after every time you click a PM link.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 08:30 AM   #1185
hoopsguy
General Manager

On the PMs ... it is a lousy way to play the game, but someone had posted on it in another werewolf thread. So I validated that it was possible to do this and then obsessed about not getting caught doing it.

I usually typed up my PMs in Notepad before opening my PM screen to minimize the amount of time I spent in there. I also tried very hard to make sure that there were not key people (opposition) reading the thread at the time I opened my PMs. And always went back to the General Discussion when done, as noted by jeff061.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:32 AM   #1186
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I used a retina scan as well as metal detector.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:36 AM   #1187
hoopsguy
General Manager

Do metal detectors work against werewolfs and their relatives? Wow, who woulda thunk it? Besides Raiders, that is ...