Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2005, 01:02 PM   #51
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
OK, I値l probably get killed for this but here goes.

I知 not sure if taking things from last game is kosher, but it is the only thing I have to go on. The first game I was the first one lynched. I was then a werewolf in the second game, I guess the assumption was made that I would get some sympathy.

So, I am using a version of that logic. NTN痴 last second vote in the last game threw so much suspicion on him that it may have ended up costing the villagers the game. Using the logic that NTN may get cut some slack because of that leads me to believe he could be a magician because people may feel kind of bad for him and not want to vote early, since last game he was one of the last innocent victims who was very wrongly accused, people may not want to make the same mistake twice.

Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:06 PM   #52
Fonzie
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
OK, I値l probably get killed for this but here goes.

I知 not sure if taking things from last game is kosher, but it is the only thing I have to go on. The first game I was the first one lynched. I was then a werewolf in the second game, I guess the assumption was made that I would get some sympathy.

I'm pretty sure Peregrine randomly assigned the roles. I could be mistaken though.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:34 PM   #53
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
It's quiet.

Too quiet.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:35 PM   #54
SirFozzie
General Manager
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: The State of Insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Well, I am not willing to say that I am anything but a villager of this previously wonderful town. Our town is now beseiged by an evil presence. Let's band together and seek absolution, by killing evil, before God brings down any more wrath upon this village of ours. For now I have no one to accuse, but will be watching closely for this evil presence to reveal him, or her, self.

Sounds like something a werewolf would say.

Seriously, I hate this first round, because you literally have nothing to go on, and either we lose a villager right away, or the wolves are very nearly crippled to start. It has to start sometime though, I just hope we find the werewolves before the werewolves find us.

Since everyone's waiting for the first vote to go down before starting the accusations (and because I can't monitor the thread fully till 6 because of workplace restrictions)..

I VOTE FOR EAGLESFAN27

My reasoning behind this is not per se because I think he's a werewolf, more like I think that if he IS one of them, he could do the most harm to the villagers using psychology to send us down fake trails, much like Mustang did last game.
__________________
Check out Foz's New Video Game Site, An 8-bit Mind in an 8GB world! http://an8bitmind.com
SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:57 PM   #55
Desnudo
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Here and There
Couldn't the same be said about you? Although since you died first in the other game, maybe not.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:13 PM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Sounds like something a werewolf would say.

Seriously, I hate this first round, because you literally have nothing to go on, and either we lose a villager right away, or the wolves are very nearly crippled to start. It has to start sometime though, I just hope we find the werewolves before the werewolves find us.

Since everyone's waiting for the first vote to go down before starting the accusations (and because I can't monitor the thread fully till 6 because of workplace restrictions)..

I VOTE FOR EAGLESFAN27

My reasoning behind this is not per se because I think he's a werewolf, more like I think that if he IS one of them, he could do the most harm to the villagers using psychology to send us down fake trails, much like Mustang did last game.

But if I'm a villager (and I am) couldn't I do the most good for the villagers by using psychology to ferret out the wolves.
__________________
Retired GM of the eNFL 2007 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles (19-0 record.)
GM of the WOOF 2006 Doggie Bowl Champion Atlantic City Gamblers.
GM of the IHOF 2019 and 2022 IHOF Bowl Champion Asheville Axemen.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:31 PM   #57
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
OK, I値l probably get killed for this but here goes.

I知 not sure if taking things from last game is kosher, but it is the only thing I have to go on. The first game I was the first one lynched. I was then a werewolf in the second game, I guess the assumption was made that I would get some sympathy.

So, I am using a version of that logic. NTN痴 last second vote in the last game threw so much suspicion on him that it may have ended up costing the villagers the game. Using the logic that NTN may get cut some slack because of that leads me to believe he could be a magician because people may feel kind of bad for him and not want to vote early, since last game he was one of the last innocent victims who was very wrongly accused, people may not want to make the same mistake twice.

It is possible that roles are assigned in the way that you suggest, but I think eventually people would catch on to it and start expecting it. This would have a good shot to mess up a game early. The only way to really keep this from happening is to assign the roles randomly.

Having said all of that, people voted for me last game instead of ntndeacon, so maybe I *should* go after him this game.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:20 PM   #58
Peregrine
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Cary, NC
Quote:
I'm pretty sure Peregrine randomly assigned the roles. I could be mistaken though.

Yes, I use a random number generator to assign the roles, with no fudging.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:29 PM   #59
Tigercat
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Federal Way, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
But if I'm a villager (and I am) couldn't I do the most good for the villagers by using psychology to ferret out the wolves.

Psychology is the work of Satan and his evil minions!(and therefore the Wolves and probably the Magicians) Repent and rejoin the spirit of the decent good folks.

(I have my suspisions about the role of ferrets too, I hate those smelly little suckers. Sure they are cute, till you are in an apartment with a couple of them for hours at a time.)
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:33 PM   #60
Tigercat
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Federal Way, WA
Dola, whoops with my statement on Psychology I might have accidently revealed my role as The Tom Cruise.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:34 PM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat
Dola, whoops with my statement on Psychology I might have accidently revealed my role as The Tom Cruise.

__________________
Retired GM of the eNFL 2007 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles (19-0 record.)
GM of the WOOF 2006 Doggie Bowl Champion Atlantic City Gamblers.
GM of the IHOF 2019 and 2022 IHOF Bowl Champion Asheville Axemen.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:40 PM   #62
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat
Dola, whoops with my statement on Psychology I might have accidently revealed my role as The Tom Cruise.

If we lynch The Tom Cruise, everybody wins, right?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:47 PM   #63
Swaggs
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Almost Heaven
I'm going to have limited access for the rest of the day, but will try to get a vote in before the deadline.
__________________
DOWN WITH HATTRICK!!!
The RWBL
Are you reading In The Bleachers?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:02 PM   #64
Swaggs
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Almost Heaven
c'mon guys...this is a great way to up your post count (and make yourself looks suspicious).
__________________
DOWN WITH HATTRICK!!!
The RWBL
Are you reading In The Bleachers?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #65
ntndeacon
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Yes, I use a random number generator to assign the roles, with no fudging.
ohh that means the wolves of last game could be wolves again!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:26 PM   #66
ntndeacon
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alabama
Isn't the Tom Cruise like the lunatic. surely lots of fale info will be given by him. And he will ridicule our lack of knowledge on the history of Psychaitry
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:09 PM   #67
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Since we don't have much to go on, I will probably end up voting for someone who hasn't posted at all in the thread.

So post something or you're getting voted for.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:11 PM   #68
Peregrine
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Cary, NC
Hmm the usual quiet first day, not much talking, not much voting.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:15 PM   #69
TazFTW
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
Um, I vote Airhog!

Logic would dictate you cannot be the Duke twice (if there is a Duke in this game).
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:16 PM   #70
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: MA
Should vote Hog only because of what he "accomplished" last game .
__________________


Last edited by jeff061 : 07-05-2005 at 05:17 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:18 PM   #71
TazFTW
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
Yes, it is also a revenge vote.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:21 PM   #72
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New Jersey
Hmmm.. lynch Tom Cruise.. it does have a certain nice ring to it
__________________
Retired GM of the eNFL 2007 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles (19-0 record.)
GM of the WOOF 2006 Doggie Bowl Champion Atlantic City Gamblers.
GM of the IHOF 2019 and 2022 IHOF Bowl Champion Asheville Axemen.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:29 PM   #73
Tigercat
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Federal Way, WA
I wish i was really tom cruise, i would take even BB game action with Katie Holmes.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:43 PM   #74
Swaggs
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Almost Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths
I'm a werewolf.


Just choosing to chow down in a different village, where nobody's paranoid and drunk. Good eatin', yo.


Well, I'm about to finish up with computer time until after the deadline tonight, so I have to take a stab and I'm going with this one. Either a joke or the best defense is a good offense move. I'm going with the latter.

I Vote NoMyths
__________________
DOWN WITH HATTRICK!!!
The RWBL
Are you reading In The Bleachers?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:47 PM   #75
Airhog
Captain Obvious
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
I like Taz's confidence.
__________________

Thread Killer extraordinaire


Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #76
Airhog
Captain Obvious
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Well, He did admit to being a wolf, and he should have learned that from the last game. People will lynch you if you say it.

I vote nomyths
__________________

Thread Killer extraordinaire


Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #77
Peregrine
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Cary, NC
Lol Swaggs, since NoMyths isn't playing, won't it be hard to vote for him?
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:56 PM   #78
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New Jersey
Yeah, that is the only reason he said that (and part of why it was so funny.)

Although, I did have to double check that he wasn't playing
__________________
Retired GM of the eNFL 2007 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles (19-0 record.)
GM of the WOOF 2006 Doggie Bowl Champion Atlantic City Gamblers.
GM of the IHOF 2019 and 2022 IHOF Bowl Champion Asheville Axemen.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:00 PM   #79
Swaggs
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Almost Heaven
Whoops.

We might want to change Post #5 b/c people (such as me) might get it confused with the list of active players.
__________________
DOWN WITH HATTRICK!!!
The RWBL
Are you reading In The Bleachers?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:00 PM   #80
Swaggs
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Almost Heaven
Oh yeah...

and Unvote NoMyths.
__________________
DOWN WITH HATTRICK!!!
The RWBL
Are you reading In The Bleachers?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:01 PM   #81
Peregrine
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Cary, NC
Well I got rid of post #3 but I don't own #5. However the best list of active players is the one I post at the start of each day/night turn.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:01 PM   #82
Fouts
College Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: California
Man, you guys are good. Hanging people not even in the village. Impressive!
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:02 PM   #83
Airhog
Captain Obvious
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Maybe it was all a trick by swaggs to get us to vote for someone that isnt even playing!
__________________

Thread Killer extraordinaire


Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:06 PM   #84
Swaggs
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Almost Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Man, you guys are good. Hanging people not even in the village. Impressive!

We are the veterans.

You can only get this good through experience and hard work.
__________________
DOWN WITH HATTRICK!!!
The RWBL
Are you reading In The Bleachers?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:07 PM   #85
Swaggs
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Almost Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
Maybe it was all a trick by swaggs to get us to vote for someone that isnt even playing!

Watch it werewolf.

I wanted to eat you for like the last five rounds last game, but the other wolves wouldn't allow it.
__________________
DOWN WITH HATTRICK!!!
The RWBL
Are you reading In The Bleachers?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:17 PM   #86
Swaggs
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Almost Heaven
Alright... I guess I will go with Foz's nominee.

I Vote Eaglesfan27
__________________
DOWN WITH HATTRICK!!!
The RWBL
Are you reading In The Bleachers?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:31 PM   #87
ntndeacon
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alabama
Since Fozzie doesn't even believe EaglesFan is a werewolf, I think I will go another direction. I don't have much of a reason for my vote either to be honest. (of course with my record this is probably a sign that they are not a wolf. ) I want to accuse Lathum for accusing me, but I will go elsewhere this time.

I vote Jeff061
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:37 PM   #88
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
Well, He did admit to being a wolf, and he should have learned that from the last game. People will lynch you if you say it.

I vote nomyths

Once again Airhog votes for someone that is not a wolf.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:39 PM   #89
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Is my count correct?
2 votes Eaglesfan27
1 vote Airhog
1 vote jeff061
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #90
Fouts
College Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Once again Airhog votes for someone that is not a wolf.

I heard the WW's from the last game voted Airhog their MVP.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #91
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New Jersey
Honestly, we have little to go on at this point. However, I'm voting for SirFozzie not because I'm seeking revenge, but because he is trying to take out someone who could really help all of us villagers.

I vote SirFozzie.
__________________
Retired GM of the eNFL 2007 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles (19-0 record.)
GM of the WOOF 2006 Doggie Bowl Champion Atlantic City Gamblers.
GM of the IHOF 2019 and 2022 IHOF Bowl Champion Asheville Axemen.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:47 PM   #92
Desnudo
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Here and There
We are in the business of saving lives here, so I vote Airhog. No matter what role he has, good or evil, I think people will die because of him.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:47 PM   #93
Airhog
Captain Obvious
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Well, I think we should lynch the smart ones first.

I vote Eaglesfan27
__________________

Thread Killer extraordinaire


Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:50 PM   #94
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Since he led the bandwagon on so many villagers last game....
I vote Airhog
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #95
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
I have learned in my short life to listen only to the WORD. The only one power has the ability to see into the hearts of others. And yet one of us claims to be able to do so and that this will help us? I think not. I Vote for Eaglesfan
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:55 PM   #96
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
(DOLA -- Wow in the time it took me to type my post, and answer a phone call here at work, it goes from 4 votes to eight votes!)
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:59 PM   #97
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New Jersey
I unvote SirFozzie.

I vote Airhog.
__________________
Retired GM of the eNFL 2007 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles (19-0 record.)
GM of the WOOF 2006 Doggie Bowl Champion Atlantic City Gamblers.
GM of the IHOF 2019 and 2022 IHOF Bowl Champion Asheville Axemen.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:07 PM   #98
Airhog
Captain Obvious
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Hey, I did only truly get two people killed, one who clearly stated they were voting for me only on the basis of revenge. The other is probably doing the same. Sure I made some mistakes, but I didnt see anyone else doing any better.
__________________

Thread Killer extraordinaire


Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:11 PM   #99
Qwikshot
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ...down the gravity well
Vote Airhog
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:15 PM   #100
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: MA
Vote Airhog

Mr. I screwed my team and get to live another 4 days as a reward .
__________________


Last edited by jeff061 : 07-05-2005 at 07:15 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.