Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 09:37 AM   #351
RealDeal
High School Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: here
Based on RA's information:

vote Mr. Wednesday
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:40 AM   #352
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Raiders I hope you are telling the truth. I hope there is only one wolf. I hope that if Raiders is telling the truth that we lynch Wednesday. I, following what I learned yesterday, want to hear what he says before casting my vote. I also hope that if there is more than one Wolf that Wednesday isn't the brutal wolf.

So the question I'm wondering about right now is victory conditions. Do the wolves and mafia combine so when it's 1-1 for both that we lose, meaning we only have a couple nights in the worse case scenerio, OR does it need to be 1-1 with-in each group so if there are 2 mafia and 2 wolves at some point they'd have to get people to turn on each other, giving us quite a bit more breathing room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I will say i find it interesting the mafia killed ardent after i voted him...they trying to tell me something?

I've been trying to figure this out. What in the world could they be telling you?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:46 AM   #353
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bend, IN
This is complete bollocks. I am just a villager. Last night, I had trouble sleeping, and I saw someone go past my house. Something possessed me to follow him, he went to Cartman's house and met with two others. After they went inside, I heard horrible screams; when they came back out, I could see one of them clearly. It was Raiders Army! I must have made a sound, because I think they saw me too. Raiders Army is a wolf, he knows that I saw him last night, and he is trying to silence me.

This is not a role that I chose to activate... if I had been given a witness role, I would have waited longer to use it.

Vote Raiders Army
__________________
Hattrick - Brays Bayou FC (70854) / USA III.4
Hockey Arena - Houston Aeros / USA II.1

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:59 AM   #354
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
This is complete bollocks. I am just a villager. Last night, I had trouble sleeping, and I saw someone go past my house. Something possessed me to follow him, he went to Cartman's house and met with two others. After they went inside, I heard horrible screams; when they came back out, I could see one of them clearly. It was Raiders Army! I must have made a sound, because I think they saw me too. Raiders Army is a wolf, he knows that I saw him last night, and he is trying to silence me.

This is not a role that I chose to activate... if I had been given a witness role, I would have waited longer to use it.

Vote Raiders Army
Nicely done. A couple mistakes:

If you were the witness, then you wouldn't have been seen. I think that's pretty established throughout the other games of Werewolf.

Not sure what you mean by the last sentence. If this is a one-time use, then isn't it pretty convenient that you "out" me as a wolf only after I outted you. And a one-in-three chance to see me, as opposed to my two "allies".

You say there are two other wolves. That's some key information. I was hoping that you'd be the only wolf, so we could at least stem one death every night.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:07 AM   #355
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
So the question I'm wondering about right now is victory conditions. Do the wolves and mafia combine so when it's 1-1 for both that we lose, meaning we only have a couple nights in the worse case scenerio, OR does it need to be 1-1 with-in each group so if there are 2 mafia and 2 wolves at some point they'd have to get people to turn on each other, giving us quite a bit more breathing room?

First, if you lynch me and I am a wolf, good one. But if you lynch me, and I am the seer, you can still get a wolf, but you won't know if there are any others out there. It's all about the numbers people. Risk vs. reward.

That's why I went with henry yesterday.

I also have a theory I will share right before the lynch tonight if it looks as if I'll get lynched. If it doesn't look like I'll get lynched, I'll save it for after the lynch.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:17 AM   #356
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
This is complete bollocks. I am just a villager. Last night, I had trouble sleeping, and I saw someone go past my house. Something possessed me to follow him, he went to Cartman's house and met with two others. After they went inside, I heard horrible screams; when they came back out, I could see one of them clearly. It was Raiders Army! I must have made a sound, because I think they saw me too. Raiders Army is a wolf, he knows that I saw him last night, and he is trying to silence me.

This is not a role that I chose to activate... if I had been given a witness role, I would have waited longer to use it.

Vote Raiders Army
Very well played.

In response to Raider: this sounds like an entirely reasonable change (a person can't choose to activate the witness powers). If you were referring to both of you seeing each other that HAS been established in other WW games.

This looks like it'll be a VERY fun day.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:24 AM   #357
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Wow. This is an interesting development. RA, what were your reasoning for looking at Mr. W. last night? Were you suspicious of him or was it just a random viewing?Also, I wonder if the wolves can take out mafia or vice-versa because if you think about it, any of the wolves victims could have been mafia and maybe the numbers aren't as bad as we first thought. Just a thought.
__________________
Myspace Profile
pennywisesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:24 AM   #358
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
i have a couple problems with the situation as it has gone on this morning. yesterday, it was posted by several people, including RaidersArmy, about how odd it was for henry to have revealed himself as the seer so early in the game..now he has done exactly the same thing

raiders army demanded proof, basically taunting henry to out himself...but if RA is telling the truth about his role today, he would not have needed the additional proof that henry gave about the insignia, because he would have known that after henry's investigation, he was told the role of his target point blank....RA is now going to say that he was pushing henry as a test to see if he was really the seer or if he was using blade's tactics, or to see if he could see wolves or just mafia....except that RA states in his posts above that his role explained that only he can see the wolves, not to mention that it really doesnt make a difference, we were given a target and had to decide if we were going to take henry at his word.

RA originally voted for henry last night, and then changed to sackattack when it was apparent that most of us were taking henry at his word, and now conveniently comes up with his new role, that there had been zero indication of up to this point...why wouldnt he have said something about Mr. W earlier if he already knew he was a wolf.

SO...i am calling BS on RaidersArmy, he realizes i was about 3 seconds from calling him out yesterday,and concocted this entire nonsense last night to try to cover his overzealous mistakes of yesterday. im not sure which one he is, but my vote is for Raiders Army
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:26 AM   #359
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
What the village needs....is a hero!

__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:26 AM   #360
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Obviously, the same would go for mafia victims too. I kinda sucks that during the night actions roles aren't revealed.
__________________
Myspace Profile
pennywisesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:30 AM   #361
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
dola, and at this point, i would have to say about R.A.'s attempt to concern us about the number of other wolves and the potential mismatch in numbers if we kill him, that is also moot point...if he really is the seer, he has already given us two targets for the next two nights, and based on what SackAttack said as he was being lynched last night, this is a 3 way game...the wolves and the mafia are not working together... which means the wolves victims could easily and probably should have been mafia, in an effort to pave their way to victory by eliminating the people that can take them out, since there is no obvious defense for the villagers against the wolves.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:32 AM   #362
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Very well played.

In response to Raider: this sounds like an entirely reasonable change (a person can't choose to activate the witness powers). If you were referring to both of you seeing each other that HAS been established in other WW games.

This looks like it'll be a VERY fun day.
Never seen that before. Hrm. Well, I haven't played all the WW games.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:33 AM   #363
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Wow. This is an interesting development. RA, what were your reasoning for looking at Mr. W. last night? Were you suspicious of him or was it just a random viewing?Also, I wonder if the wolves can take out mafia or vice-versa because if you think about it, any of the wolves victims could have been mafia and maybe the numbers aren't as bad as we first thought. Just a thought.
Mr. Wednesday was a random viewing. His name was about in the middle of the list. I viewed dubb last night, and Mr. Wednesday the night before.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:37 AM   #364
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
... which means the wolves victims could easily and probably should have been mafia, in an effort to pave their way to victory by eliminating the people that can take them out[/b]

All of your points make perfect sense except this one

How would the wolves know their victims were mafia? so it would be completly random
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:39 AM   #365
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i have a couple problems with the situation as it has gone on this morning. yesterday, it was posted by several people, including RaidersArmy, about how odd it was for henry to have revealed himself as the seer so early in the game..now he has done exactly the same thing

raiders army demanded proof, basically taunting henry to out himself...but if RA is telling the truth about his role today, he would not have needed the additional proof that henry gave about the insignia, because he would have known that after henry's investigation, he was told the role of his target point blank....RA is now going to say that he was pushing henry as a test to see if he was really the seer or if he was using blade's tactics, or to see if he could see wolves or just mafia....except that RA states in his posts above that his role explained that only he can see the wolves, not to mention that it really doesnt make a difference, we were given a target and had to decide if we were going to take henry at his word.

RA originally voted for henry last night, and then changed to sackattack when it was apparent that most of us were taking henry at his word, and now conveniently comes up with his new role, that there had been zero indication of up to this point...why wouldnt he have said something about Mr. W earlier if he already knew he was a wolf.

SO...i am calling BS on RaidersArmy, he realizes i was about 3 seconds from calling him out yesterday,and concocted this entire nonsense last night to try to cover his overzealous mistakes of yesterday. im not sure which one he is, but my vote is for Raiders Army
You're full of shit.

To recap: I was a little confused when henry said he could see the mafia. I thought he was lying since I believed there was only one seer role. I thought I had that role, but then Neon_Chaos' two PMs concerning my role made sense once he said he was the investigator. I did not change my vote to sackattack when it was apparent that most of us were taking henry at his word. Once he said he was the investigator, I switched my vote.

Again, n00b, please read a little more carefully. I didn't say anything about Mr. Wednesday because I wanted to see if I could determine who he was working with. And please, call me out and don't wait.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:39 AM   #366
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
All of your points make perfect sense except this one

How would the wolves know their victims were mafia? so it would be completly random


unless they have some form of seer amongst themselves, who knows how many secret roles there are. otherwise, you are correct that they wouldnt know for sure, but based on behaviours, they could at least make appropriate guesses (just like i am doing based on RA's behaviour)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:40 AM   #367
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
IMHO it doesn't take a genius to figure out which one of the two is lying here, nice try Mr. Wednesday but Illinifan fooled me last game, and I've learned from that mistake....

Vote Mr. Wednesday
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:41 AM   #368
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Oh, and obviously today is a crucial vote so that's why I outted myself. We just lost two more villagers, but I guess you don't care since you're now in my axis of evil.

This is my order:
Mr. Wednesday
Blade
saladana (Lakum's friend)
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:41 AM   #369
digamma
Torchbearer
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: On Lake Harriet
Let's think about this one.

Assuming there are four baddies left, we need to be very careful with this vote.

If we're wrong, it's 8-4, and then if they knock off two more tonight, then it's 6-4.

All of a sudden, we're fighting for our lives.

On the optimistic side, maybe there aren't four baddies--maybe they've taken one or more of each other out.

I'm going to take a little more of this debate in before making a decision.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:42 AM   #370
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
Let's think about this one.

Assuming there are four baddies left, we need to be very careful with this vote.

If we're wrong, it's 8-4, and then if they knock off two more tonight, then it's 6-4.

All of a sudden, we're fighting for our lives.

On the optimistic side, maybe there aren't four baddies--maybe they've taken one or more of each other out.

I'm going to take a little more of this debate in before making a decision.
Ignore me at your own peril.

I think we need to think worst case scenario here. Regardless, I expect an apology from you guys who vote for me tonight (and I never said that when I was an alien or a wolf ).
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:43 AM   #371
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
OK, a couple of things here are confusing to me.

1. R.A., if you knew yesterday Mr. Wednesday was a wolf why not out him yesterday? You are stating it is a game of numbers. There are 2 of us getting killed each night. Wouldnít it make more sense to go after Mr. Wednesday in hopes that he is the only wolf thus cutting the number of us being killed each night in half?

2. How do we know that some of the wolf(s) victims havenít been mafia guys?

3. Is there a sorcerer? Since we already know there was an investigator, there is the turncoat and R.A claims he is a seer it seems logical there would be a sorcerer so we may be in even more trouble.

It seems to me R.A is up to something, I am going to hold off my vote, what I would really like is a better explanation as to why he didnít out Mr. Wednesday yesterday which could very possibly have saved one of us last night, and at the very least if Mr. Wednesday was lynched last night, was a wolf, and one of us was still eaten we would have know there are multiple wolves.

All we know now based on last night is there are still wolves and mafia left.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:45 AM   #372
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Oh, and obviously today is a crucial vote so that's why I outted myself. We just lost two more villagers, but I guess you don't care since you're now in my axis of evil.

This is my order:
Mr. Wednesday
Blade
saladana (Lakum's friend)


you can put me in whatever axis you want, and if you dont get lynched tonight and Wednesday does, and you are right, the first post after the vote resolves will be my humble public apology (although i dont rap)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:47 AM   #373
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
OK, a couple of things here are confusing to me.

1. R.A., if you knew yesterday Mr. Wednesday was a wolf why not out him yesterday? You are stating it is a game of numbers. There are 2 of us getting killed each night. Wouldnít it make more sense to go after Mr. Wednesday in hopes that he is the only wolf thus cutting the number of us being killed each night in half?

2. How do we know that some of the wolf(s) victims havenít been mafia guys?

3. Is there a sorcerer? Since we already know there was an investigator, there is the turncoat and R.A claims he is a seer it seems logical there would be a sorcerer so we may be in even more trouble.

It seems to me R.A is up to something, I am going to hold off my vote, what I would really like is a better explanation as to why he didnít out Mr. Wednesday yesterday which could very possibly have saved one of us last night, and at the very least if Mr. Wednesday was lynched last night, was a wolf, and one of us was still eaten we would have know there are multiple wolves.

All we know now based on last night is there are still wolves and mafia left.

1. We already had a candidate yesterday, so I wasn't going to provide another and let the bodyguard try to protect two people. Also, if you look over Mr. Wednesday's posts, he's been very unobtrusive throughout the game (until now). I was trying to see who he was working with.

2. We don't know. This is part of my theory that I will share before I'm lynched or after the lynching tonight.

3. There may be a sorceror [/i]and quite possibly a sorceror-type for the mafia.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:50 AM   #374
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
you can put me in whatever axis you want, and if you dont get lynched tonight and Wednesday does, and you are right, the first post after the vote resolves will be my humble public apology (although i dont rap)
Well, you're cutting your own throat then. Risk vs. reward.

You know I'm dead either way. If Mr. Wednesday is a villager, then I'm a dead wolf tomorrow. If Mr. Wednesday is a wolf, then at least I'm alive to check out other people.

Are you willing to risk that?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:52 AM   #375
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Well, you're cutting your own throat then. Risk vs. reward.

You know I'm dead either way. If Mr. Wednesday is a villager, then I'm a dead wolf tomorrow. If Mr. Wednesday is a wolf, then at least I'm alive to check out other people.

Are you willing to risk that?
you didnt seem to have a problem with the risk involved yesterday when you kept pressuring henry to out himself.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:53 AM   #376
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
R.A. Didn't the possibility cross your mind that you can save one of us by lyncing the wolf last night?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:01 AM   #377
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
R.A. Didn't the possibility cross your mind that you can save one of us by lyncing the wolf last night?
Yes, but I also assumed there was more than one.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:02 AM   #378
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
you didnt seem to have a problem with the risk involved yesterday when you kept pressuring henry to out himself.
Like I said yesterday. He already went 9/10ths of the way there. Jesus. Between this thread and the Cindy Sheehan thread I feel like I'm a broken record.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:09 AM   #379
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Well I think I am going to take a risk and go with R.A. here. My reason is the fact that we are losing 2 of us a night is very bothersome to me, I am hoping Mr.Wednesday is the only wolf in the game. If this is the case we can then focus on getting the mafia. I also realize it's a longshot, but it is a possibility that there was at least one night kill where the wolf(s) got a mafia guy, which means if Mr. Wednesday is a wolf, we could be in great shape.

VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:11 AM   #380
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
BTW.

I find it very unlikely the mafia killed a wolf at night, it wouldn't make much sense for a wolf to be able to be killed at night.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:18 AM   #381
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
R.A. Didn't the possibility cross your mind that you can save one of us by lyncing the wolf last night?

I don't get this, are we pissed that we lynched a mafia and he turned out to have the power to kill someone else? ATLEAST WE GOT THAT GUY OUT OF THE WAY. He would have killed someone at some point.

Also note this....

Quote:
I saw someone go past my house. Something possessed me to follow him, he went to Cartman's house and met with two others.

Say what you will but I have a very hard believeing that at THIS POINT, there are still 3 werewolves left. My best guess is that they started with 2 and one could very possibly be dead by mafia by now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:19 AM   #382
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
BTW.

it wouldn't make much sense for a wolf to be able to be killed at night.

I disagree, but prehaps Neon can clear it up if it is indeed possible for us.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:21 AM   #383
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Say what you will but I have a very hard believeing that at THIS POINT, there are still 3 werewolves left. My best guess is that they started with 2 and one could very possibly be dead by mafia by now.
I agree with this, but I think it's very plausible they started out with 3 wolves. 3/20 isn't a bad number. Now, if we take that number and apply it to the mafia...that means (hopefully) after tonight we have a worse case scenario of 2 wolves/2 mafia left.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:24 AM   #384
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
I reread yesterday and Raiders explanation of events feels right. I vote Mr. Wednesday
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:30 AM   #385
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Dola -- The number of bad guys left is important. I no longer believe that one faction had less members than the other. Just doesn't seem like it makes sense, UNLESS the victory condition allows them to combine numbers (meaning if the wolves+mafia >= villagers then wolves/mafia win). So that means each side, most likely, either started out with 2, in which case there are 11 villagers 3 bad guys, or each side started out with 3, in which case there are 9 villagers and 5 bad guys. Either way it actually makes more sense to try and wipe out one faction first because that is one less night death each night. So if anyone has any ideas about who the Mafia is, as I think they are closer to elimination than the wolves, I would be very willing to change my vote.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:35 AM   #386
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
RA originally voted for henry last night, and then changed to sackattack when it was apparent that most of us were taking henry at his word
I'm glad that I looked back on things. I voted for Sackattack fourth (really third since your buddy Mr. Wednesday changed his vote out and then back again) out of twelve people.

I don't think that I voted for Sackattack when "most of us were taking henry at his word." Could you explain that please?

Also, I note that you voted for Sackattack second, after henry.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:36 AM   #387
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Dola -- The number of bad guys left is important. I no longer believe that one faction had less members than the other. Just doesn't seem like it makes sense, UNLESS the victory condition allows them to combine numbers (meaning if the wolves+mafia >= villagers then wolves/mafia win). So that means each side, most likely, either started out with 2, in which case there are 11 villagers 3 bad guys, or each side started out with 3, in which case there are 9 villagers and 5 bad guys. Either way it actually makes more sense to try and wipe out one faction first because that is one less night death each night. So if anyone has any ideas about who the Mafia is, as I think they are closer to elimination than the wolves, I would be very willing to change my vote.
I'd rather go for a sure thing as opposed to conjecture...although you have no way of knowing this is a sure thing tonight. In any case, we'll be one wolf short within the next two days, so this is as sure as it gets.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:40 AM   #388
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
I would be willing to believe that there were 3 wolfs and 3 mafia at the start if not for the fact that they kill 2 villagers a night. That would make for an impossible game. 2 a piece works for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:58 AM   #389
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I don't think that I voted for Sackattack when "most of us were taking henry at his word." Could you explain that please?


i think i am done explaining myself to you. i expected in this game for there to be disagreements...it would be pretty lame otherwise, but i was under the impression that it was supposed to be fun. i dont appreciate you personal attacks. just because i am new to your site and this game, doesnt mean i am new to message boards, and one thing i am sure of is, calling someone a Noob because you dont like what they have to say is basically just rude. kind of ironic that you started a thread about everyone relaxing and remembering this is just an IMB, meanwhile you are resorting to petty name calling at the same time. fortunately, you dont seem to represent the overall attitude of this site.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:02 PM   #390
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I don't get this, are we pissed that we lynched a mafia and he turned out to have the power to kill someone else? ATLEAST WE GOT THAT GUY OUT OF THE WAY. He would have killed someone at some point.

What is there to not get?

Of course I am not pissed we got a mafia guy, however I still have to question it.

R.A is saying it is a game of numbers. Now the reason I was questiong him is I am operating under the possibility there is only one wolf. If we had killed him yesterday then last night only one of us would have been killed.

By R.A not speaking up yesterday in guarenteed 2 kills last night. One by the wolf(s) and one by the remaining mafia members. Your argument that he would have killed someone at some point doesn't hold water because each faction gets a kill so either way the mafia would have had a kill last night.

It just seems it would have made more sense to kill the wolf yesterday and try to eliminate that faction. If we alternate killing wolves and mafia guys we are still losing 2 of us a night and it does us no good.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:05 PM   #391
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
What the village needs....is a hero!



You see, this guy is LarryBoy. A superhero. That's what the village needs. A hero.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:14 PM   #392
kingfc22
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Just curious, but how can it be unlucky that Sack was the most powerful bad guy?

Because he killed our seer. If he would have lived and most likely been protected. Henry would then have a chance to find another target.
__________________
Fan of SF Giants, 49ers, Sharks, Arsenal
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:15 PM   #393
kingfc22
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Vote Mr. W.

I have to go where the information leads me. Down with the wolf!!!
__________________
Fan of SF Giants, 49ers, Sharks, Arsenal
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:20 PM   #394
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
What is there to not get?

Of course I am not pissed we got a mafia guy, however I still have to question it.

R.A is saying it is a game of numbers. Now the reason I was questiong him is I am operating under the possibility there is only one wolf. If we had killed him yesterday then last night only one of us would have been killed.

By R.A not speaking up yesterday in guarenteed 2 kills last night. One by the wolf(s) and one by the remaining mafia members. Your argument that he would have killed someone at some point doesn't hold water because each faction gets a kill so either way the mafia would have had a kill last night.

It just seems it would have made more sense to kill the wolf yesterday and try to eliminate that faction. If we alternate killing wolves and mafia guys we are still losing 2 of us a night and it does us no good.


No...Your argument holds no water. Why would 2 seers reveal themselves on the same day. We can't protect both of them on the same day. We had no way of knowing that Sack had the power to take someone with him. If both had revealed last night there is a chance that the wolf guy would have protected RA, while the mafia guy would have protected Henry. Then IF the wolves had attacked Henry and the mafia RA both would have been dead.

Also we don't know for sure that there is only 1 wolf left, it is purely specualtion. I don't think speculation is a good enough reason for both seers to out themselves on the same day. The mafia had as good of a chance of being ended with the killing of Sack as the wolves do with the killing of Wednesday 2nite.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:26 PM   #395
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
No...Your argument holds no water. Why would 2 seers reveal themselves on the same day. We can't protect both of them on the same day. We had no way of knowing that Sack had the power to take someone with him.

I'm with you through here. I agree that them coming forward one at a time is the best move. If Henry had lived and come on another hit RA could have postponed even longer thus building up even more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
If both had revealed last night there is a chance that the wolf guy would have protected RA, while the mafia guy would have protected Henry. Then IF the wolves had attacked Henry and the mafia RA both would have been dead.
This is what I don't understand. What the heck are you talking about the wolf guy protecting someone and the mafia guy protecting someone? Are you suggesting there are two bodyguards or that the factions can protect their own from night kills?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:29 PM   #396
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
At this point it seems as though the best info we have has been given to us from RA. Because of that, I'm going to Vote Mr. Wednesday. If it turns out that RA is lying, I think we can all figure out who I'll vote for tomorrow.
__________________
Myspace Profile
pennywisesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:30 PM   #397
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
This is what I don't understand. What the heck are you talking about the wolf guy protecting someone and the mafia guy protecting someone? Are you suggesting there are two bodyguards or that the factions can protect their own from night kills?

I feel it must be assumed that since there is a seer that can detect the wolves and a seer that detect the mafia that there must be a bodyguard against the wolves AND one against the mafia. Again, that is more speculation.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:39 PM   #398
MrBug708
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whittier
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Because he killed our seer. If he would have lived and most likely been protected. Henry would then have a chance to find another target.

I gotcha. I just couldnt think of any reason why? I was going on 4 hours sleep and it was like 615 in the morning
__________________
Richard Karstark - Ruler of Karhold - Bannerman of House Stark

KKiTTLeS21: UCLA r0x d00d, #1
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:39 PM   #399
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
I agree that they both couldn't be protected, I am just thinking from a numbers standpoint. Last night the remaining members of the mafia were going to get their kill weather we got Sack or not. So that means one of us was guarenteed to die last night.

By R.A not outing Mr Wednesday yeasterday and giving us a chance to lynch him instead of Sack that guarentees 2 of us would be killed last night. One by the wolf(s) and one by the mafia.

Both seers outing themselves on the same day wouldn't really be a bad thing because the body guard could protect one of them.

I just think that it would have been a better move to go for the wolf yesterday, at the very least we would have know there were more then one and at the very best we would have eliminated that faction.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:45 PM   #400
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
Both seers outing themselves on the same day wouldn't really be a bad thing because the body guard could protect one of them.


and if that had happened, the mafia would have only had a 50-50 chance of getting onea kill last night, so really, we could possibly have had a death-free night last night
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.