Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2005, 10:00 AM   #51
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't know. This is a tricky thing indeed. Now presumably there are good guys who can travel back in time. So I propose the following: We do it so each person recieves 1 vote. There will be a no lynch. HOWEVER, when we do discover a wolf, a good guy would be able to travel back in time, change the vote, and thus kill a wolf, and possibly save lives later on. Now I don't have the power to travel back in time, but others must. If we agree to do this plan and someone doesn't vote the way they're supposed to that gives us a great piece of information for the next day.

Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:07 AM   #52
Blade6119
Coordinator

but where will that leave us tomorrow??...with everyone having 1 vote, no voting patterns, and a dead person from the wolves...well be at square one again tomorrow with one less person and no leads
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:12 AM   #53
Barkeep49
Coordinator

But that's where you're wrong. We won't have eliminated anyone YET. But we'll have setup a mafia kill down the road and allow any good guys with seer powers, such as the investigator, to either rule out somebody or, if we're lucky, find a mafia member. To me it's a short term trade-off for a long term gain.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:13 AM   #54
Blade6119
Coordinator

i see where your going with it, and with this small number i presume you take the chances with the seer...but with 11 im betting only one good seer, and 2 bad guys...i dont love those odds...but ill comply if thats what the group wants
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:15 AM   #55
digamma
Torchbearer

I'm here. Still sorting through the rules.

Barkeep, maybe an alternative to your strategy would be to have two lynching candidates and try to have the difference be a one vote swing. Then, we do have a shot at taking out a mafioso, and would still have the opportunity to travel back and change it if we are wrong (if I am reading the rules correctly). The downside to that is that if we pick two good guys, we're in trouble early.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:22 AM   #56
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I'm here. Still sorting through the rules.

Barkeep, maybe an alternative to your strategy would be to have two lynching candidates and try to have the difference be a one vote swing. Then, we do have a shot at taking out a mafioso, and would still have the opportunity to travel back and change it if we are wrong (if I am reading the rules correctly). The downside to that is that if we pick two good guys, we're in trouble early.

Ya, it would work if we were lucky...if not were screwed
Demotivation
Old 10-10-2005, 10:23 AM   #57
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Digamma what do you think is gained by choosing two rather than leaving our options open with everybody? If we're rigging the vote in anyway we won't know get voting patterns. If we kill somebody there is far more incentive for the person who is killed to not go along with the idea and try and scrap the whole idea. By not killing anybody there is no personal incentive to go against the plan if people agree.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:25 AM   #58
Blade6119
Coordinator

But if i was a warewolf and my head wasnt on the block, or that of my partner/partners id just sit there and be helpful...why would they go against it if none of them are in danger?
Demotivation
Old 10-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #59
Blade6119
Coordinator

and also, do we even find out who votes for who?...they could all vote together and we wouldnt know who did it
Demotivation
Old 10-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #60
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yes but the two people who are chosen have good reasons to fight the vote. For instance, what if we choose the investigator? That would be even worse than killing a villager. In general, I agree that killing someone on the first day is important. However, in this case we have a chance to "fix" mistakes. A random killing tomorrow, assuming the mafia kill somebody tonight, is more likely to be successful than one today. Plus we'll have the ace in the hole of being able to ENSURE a mafia kill in the future.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #61
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
and also, do we even find out who votes for who?...they could all vote together and we wouldnt know who did it

This is a good point. I think we know the initial vote, but if the vote is changed at all, I'm not sure we find it out.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:29 AM   #62
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
As I read the rules we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rules
Vote breakdown will be listed in the day resolution, to help in voting analysis/voting patterns.

SNDVLS: Can you confirm that we find out who voted for who?
Old 10-10-2005, 10:29 AM   #63
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Digamma what do you think is gained by choosing two rather than leaving our options open with everybody? If we're rigging the vote in anyway we won't know get voting patterns. If we kill somebody there is far more incentive for the person who is killed to not go along with the idea and try and scrap the whole idea. By not killing anybody there is no personal incentive to go against the plan if people agree.

I do think it builds some history and let's us draw from it. But, it is a risk, because if we're wrong, (in the words of Blade), we're screwed. I'm not wedded to the strategy, just brainstorming ideas early in the game.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:33 AM   #64
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
But that's where you're wrong. We won't have eliminated anyone YET. But we'll have setup a mafia kill down the road and allow any good guys with seer powers, such as the investigator, to either rule out somebody or, if we're lucky, find a mafia member. To me it's a short term trade-off for a long term gain.

I still don't see the long-term gain. How would we discoever the mafia?
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:34 AM   #65
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yes the votes are known, but not until after the lynch if resolved.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:42 AM   #66
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Of course are the good guys the only ones that can go back in time? That is a possible problem in your plan.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #67
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
I still don't see the long-term gain. How would we discoever the mafia?
Often times these things have a way of coming out.

NTN: That is true, bad guys likely can go back in time as well. However, if a bad guy does so, and kills someone who we don't believe to be a wolf, that vote change will tell us to be suspicious of somebody.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:13 AM   #68
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I do think it builds some history and let's us draw from it. But, it is a risk, because if we're wrong, (in the words of Blade), we're screwed. I'm not wedded to the strategy, just brainstorming ideas early in the game.

Villager checking in. I agree with Digamma, this seems alittle risky.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:16 AM   #69
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

After this iwill be quiet till Iget off work.
There have been several times that "everyone" was sure that they knew who was a werewolf, and they ALL were wrong. Now I realize we must have some risk in this game to get our desired result...the killing of the mafioso.

We won't know who has gone back to kill.

Hopefully it will still be Day one by the time Iget back so I can make a slightly better desicion than I can at this time for whom to lynch.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #70
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm going to be gone for the next 11 hours or so. If others don't like my plan (which there seems to be some resistance towards) hopefully we'll have some new ideas by then.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:56 AM   #71
Raiders Army
Coordinator

No ideas here, but I don't like the thought of sitting around. There are a couple of problems with that:

1. What if the seer is not an "active" player? What if that person just checks in periodically and forgets to view tonight? Then we will have gained nothing.

2. If we sit around, the wolves can pick off one of us tonight. Now, that's better than losing two today (one with lynch and one by wolves), but sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omlette.

3. The more time we do nothing, the more time it gives them to come up with a strategy and figure out how they should pick off.

Those are my concerns, but I'm willing to do whatever.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 04:21 PM   #72
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Man, this is the slowest WW game ever.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:39 PM   #73
Blade6119
Coordinator

only 11 guys, not the 20 normal...i wonder how many good guys have secret roles...there are some, i just wonder how many
Demotivation
Old 10-10-2005, 04:39 PM   #74
digamma
Torchbearer

I was just thinking the same thing. Of course, the first day does always suck, but here it's especially confusing, because of our first experience with the time travel rules.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:41 PM   #75
Blade6119
Coordinator

and the silent vote...and technically we decide when the day ends
Demotivation
Old 10-10-2005, 04:44 PM   #76
digamma
Torchbearer

Any merit to voting to end the day with no lynch votes out there?
Old 10-10-2005, 04:44 PM   #77
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

With 11 total players, how many baddies do we think there are? I have a hard time believing there is the usual 3 at this point, or else they'd be at a huge advantage. I'm leaning towards 2 at this point.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #78
Blade6119
Coordinator

ive stated i tihnk we have 2, one good seer, and 2 secret good roles...be it witness or vigilante
Demotivation
Old 10-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #79
digamma
Torchbearer

An early observation (For what its worth)...

I believe there are four folks who haven't posted since the game started--Mr. Wednesday, kingfc, RealDeal and ardent enthusiast. Of those, only AE has logged on to the site today.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:47 PM   #80
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
An early observation (For what its worth)...

I believe there are four folks who haven't posted since the game started--Mr. Wednesday, kingfc, RealDeal and ardent enthusiast. Of those, only AE has logged on to the site today.

Every little bit helps...thats defaults ardent to the top of my list for now
Demotivation
Old 10-10-2005, 05:07 PM   #81
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Every little bit helps...thats defaults ardent to the top of my list for now

Agreed. It seems alittle strange that he'd log in but not post in this thread.....We don't have very much to go on, so this seems as good of a first day reasoning as any.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:13 PM   #82
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Agreed. It seems alittle strange that he'd log in but not post in this thread.....We don't have very much to go on, so this seems as good of a first day reasoning as any.

What interests me is if dead people will really stay active...dead people are required to continue voting(silently), but i wonder if people will..especially the quiet ones...such as the ones he listed a few posts ago...but what else can we get going for reasoning on anyone?? Anyone feel guilty and want to confess to being a wolf?
Demotivation
Old 10-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #83
Vince
Pro Starter

In AE's defense, we had the Wildcard round of the Playoffs this morning in the GEFL, in which his Kansas City Chiefs narrowly defeated MIJB's Houston Oilers, 16-15. That might be why he's been around, but not posting much.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:22 PM   #84
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
In AE's defense, we had the Wildcard round of the Playoffs this morning in the GEFL, in which his Kansas City Chiefs narrowly defeated MIJB's Houston Oilers, 16-15. That might be why he's been around, but not posting much.

Why are you not playing again?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:12 PM   #85
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't know. This is a tricky thing indeed. Now presumably there are good guys who can travel back in time. So I propose the following: We do it so each person recieves 1 vote. There will be a no lynch. HOWEVER, when we do discover a wolf, a good guy would be able to travel back in time, change the vote, and thus kill a wolf, and possibly save lives later on. Now I don't have the power to travel back in time, but others must. If we agree to do this plan and someone doesn't vote the way they're supposed to that gives us a great piece of information for the next day.
How does this work when the bad guys also presumably have someone who can travel back in time?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:17 PM   #86
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

According to the original rules posting, we would be told at the beginning of the game how many mafia we were up against. Is that still the case? Did I miss the post that provides that information?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 10-10-2005, 06:17 PM   #87
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Double dola, how are we going to coordinate only voting for one person each when we're not supposed to reveal who we vote for?

Old 10-10-2005, 06:23 PM   #88
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Double dola, how are we going to coordinate only voting for one person each when we're not supposed to reveal who we vote for?

I think our initial vote is revealed publicly, but our back-up vote is pm'd to Sundvls, no?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:41 PM   #89
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I thought we voted 1, 2, 3 PM to SnDvls.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:53 PM   #90
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think our initial vote is revealed publicly, but our back-up vote is pm'd to Sundvls, no?

vote #1 is not public until after lynch. #2 &#3 will not be made public unless the timeline changes and dictates such.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:53 PM   #91
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I thought we voted 1, 2, 3 PM to SnDvls.

correct
Old 10-10-2005, 06:56 PM   #92
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

you cannot say

vote joe

however you can say like others have. I'm leaning towards X Y & Z

it allows you to be credible if you choose by doing that and having your vote after lynch saying such or allows others to question you at that point. The votes you really need to think about are #2 & #3 probally in the first few days because those can have a major impact down the line.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #93
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
According to the original rules posting, we would be told at the beginning of the game how many mafia we were up against. Is that still the case? Did I miss the post that provides that information?

sorry if I alluded to this, but it is not the case. I looked at the rules to see if I did copy that item from mafiascum.net and couldn't find it. Anyhow, it is not the case.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:36 PM   #94
digamma
Torchbearer

OK. Sorry for the confusion on the voting.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:10 PM   #95
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Just FYI, the part about number of mafia was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rules in the first post
Q: Will roles be revealed upon death?

Not all roles will be revealed on death. This seems reasonable enough normally, as it's not clear that seeing a mafia's dead body would tell you that they were mafia. It's important in this game, seeing as how players can come back to life, that their life stories not be completely revealed. You do know however the total number of mafia to start the game is

Old 10-10-2005, 09:15 PM   #96
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

So, who were we randomly voting for today, again?

I'm thinking given his in-game determination that I'm usually dangerous, I should vote for ardent as a matter of principle, but I'm open to suggestions for other candidates for my primary or secondary votes.

Old 10-10-2005, 09:20 PM   #97
Blade6119
Coordinator

Im leaning to ardent for my first vote, and the others i dont know yet...prob random since im not sold on quiet ones only...
Demotivation
Old 10-10-2005, 09:23 PM   #98
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

So are we going to try to target a few people, or disperse our votes? Dispersed votes don't tell us a whole lot, but on the other hand, we won't know when we nail a mafioso yet anyway.

Old 10-10-2005, 09:53 PM   #99
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Just FYI, the part about number of mafia was this:

I see sorry my bad....so I'll follow my rules....there are 3 mafia to start the game.

to help the villagers and since it was a rule there you are. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Last edited by SnDvls : 10-10-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #100
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I was more pointing it out so you knew from whence I had drawn the conclusion, but I do appreciate us getting notified.