Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #251
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Sack,

You realize that gives us a tie? Most games, I don't think a tie is that helpful.

No sir. I didn't see saldana's post until after my switch. I thought Qwik was much further ahead than 2 votes.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:31 PM   #252
saldana
Pro Starter

voting closed
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:31 PM   #253
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No biggie now. Superman is now leading with 6. While, I think suspicion is still on Qwikshot, at least we don't have a tie.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:32 PM   #254
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well, if Qwikshot is bad, we saw Sack, Ardent and Gramm vote late to swing the vote huge away from him.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #255
Poli
FOFC Survivor

By all means, use that against me.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #256
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
If Jar Jar talk ensues, I'm blaming the late vote changers...
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #257
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Well, if Qwikshot is bad, we saw Sack, Ardent and Gramm vote late to swing the vote huge away from him.
Then tell Superman to vote on day one.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #258
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Zing.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:38 PM   #259
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Conversely, IF Superman is bad, Sack, Ardent, and Grammaticus move up to the top of my trust list.

However, if Superman is good, I think we might need to get lynch Qwikshot just to get more info that can help us analyze the late vote swing.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:38 PM   #260
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I have no real problem with voting off the nonplayer. That's often my strategy anyway though any last minute sniping will and should arise suspicion.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #261
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, we did see some late movement to create the two man race. So did the Sith marshall forces late to save him or was it just coincidence?

I'm hoping we are praising the late vote changers in a couple of minutes instead of burying them ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #262
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm a nobody. The jedi won't lose anything if I'm lynched or if I die at night...so I've been and plan on being low key. Besides, I got this friggin paper that I really got to work on. I figure the superman/qwik thing was an opportunity to clear myself or throw me in the limelight.

Better to vote me out than one of the jedi with something important going on. I'll take the martyr's role like qwik.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #263
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I have no real problem with voting off the nonplayer. That's often my strategy anyway though any last minute sniping will and should arise suspicion.
Well, I had the choice of leaving my vote on Sarge who has posted a bit in the day and leave it as a random nothing or move it to a non voter. I waited all day in order to see if anything real developed. I don't think what Qwik did was very Sithish behavior so I moved the vote to where it belonged. If Superman had come in and voted, I may have moved off him, who knows because it did not happen.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #264
saldana
Pro Starter

Your usual Jedi serenity is somewhat shaken for the early part of the day after the events of last night and the death of Master Saldana. No one has much to say in the early hours, but it finally seems unavoidable that action is needed. If the Sith are among you, you need to find them, especially if someone with the abilities of Master Saldana are not a match for their Dark power.

Erratic behavior from Qwikshot brings forth a flurry of discussion, perhaps his apparent loss of composure is the result of sadness at the loss of Saldana, but perhaps it is also the result of powers and emotions that are running out of control within him.

Also of note is the total abscence of Superman=#54. The Jedi are known throughout the Galaxy as a group that doesn't make decisions rashly and without forethought, so Superman's failure to contribute in the least bit has not helped in this newest cause. It is as a result of this that you decide to find out if Superman is Sith or Jedi. The Master's have told you that Jedi do not kill their prisoners, so it is decided to punish him in a manner more appropriate for someone that has refused to use the Force as his ally in the search for the Sith....using the collective power of your minds, you will strip Superman=#54of his connection to the Force.

As Superman enters the galley, all eyes turn to him, and he finally realizes what his voluntary exclusion means. His facade of serenity cracks, and his hand reaches for his lightsaber. One of you anticipated this and before his hand reaches his belt, his lightsaber soars through the air in a Force Grip taking it out of Superman's reach. As his eyes watch his only weapon, and his only hope of survival fly out of his reach, each of you concentrates your minds upon his...you can feel the force flow through him and slowly the power of the group begins to push the living Force away from Superman at a eretheral level.

As the pressure you exert continues, you all can identify the feelings Superman has harbored....and you also realize that his mind is collapsing. Someone among you calls for a stop to this, but it is too late..the abscense of the Force has caused Superman to not only lose his ability as a Jedi, but also his mind as a man. With the force gone, Superman, crumples to the floor, staring blankly out of a viewport, reduced to nothing of what he once was.

Looks of regret can be seen on the faces of your Jedi brethren, for each of you realized the same thing, but did so an instant too late...Superman=#54was a true Jedi Knight, there was nothing evil about him. He cannot be restored to the Force, his mind is not strong enough after what you have done, and with that, your numbers have fallen by one in your quest to find the Sith.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:55 PM   #265
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't have a problem voting the non-active people. Just always good data to know who voted within 5 min of each other at the very last minutes of a day to swing a vote is all.

Chances are both Superman and Qwik might be good, and you wouldnt know that if you are a good guy.
Or if Qwik is bad, that could explain a late surge of votes too.

I don't know if i like the whole martyr approach that Qwik and Ardent are using though, it basically feels like a dare almost "Go ahead and lynch me, doesnt matter" type statement.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:55 PM   #266
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well, that sucks. I'll take the heat.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:55 PM   #267
saldana
Pro Starter

please ignore my earlier post about the vital annoucement, the way i resolved the day did not necessitate making it.

Day one is ended.

It is now night 1, all night actions are due by 9:30am on Friday.

I would also like to hear thoughts on playing through the weekend...i am fine with running the game straight through or having an extended night 2 until monday...whatever the majority prefers
Old 03-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #268
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Im ok with playing this weekend, but I do have to warn I have a critical office move on Saturday. There is a chance I might be gone from noon till midnight that day for work, and miss any or most discussion during the day.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #269
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
please ignore my earlier post about the vital annoucement, the way i resolved the day did not necessitate making it.

Day one is ended.

It is now night 1, all night actions are due by 9:30am on Friday.

I would also like to hear thoughts on playing through the weekend...i am fine with running the game straight through or having an extended night 2 until monday...whatever the majority prefers
Hmm, this sounds like a tie would result in a vital announcement
Old 03-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #270
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Well, that sucks. I'll take the heat.

Im not sure I'm ready to put heat on you yet, since there are several reasons to vote for Super there, alot good, and only 1 I can think of bad for us.

I would be interested to see tommorrow what happens if heat is put on Qwikshot again. if a similar group of people come to the rescue again.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #271
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I don't know if i like the whole martyr approach that Qwik and Ardent are using though, it basically feels like a dare almost "Go ahead and lynch me, doesnt matter" type statement.

I actually feel pretty good about it, but you've got it all wrong. Lynching me saves someone of use to the Jedi. I have no special power. I'm all for saving those with the power to save us.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #272
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Err, to win it for us I mean.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #273
SackAttack
Head Coach

I won't be around for at least part of Saturday, and possibly all of it. I would prefer not to do weekend play for at least this weekend.

I can't say what future weekends will hold.

Bummer about Superman. Wish he would've chimed in, but at least we didn't lose somebody who's been contributing (even the erratic contributors like Qwik).
Old 03-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #274
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I'll be around, so weekend won't be a problem.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #275
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I can play through the weekend.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #276
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I am virtually unavailable tomorrow so I would prefer extended voting, but understand those who feel differently and would gladly just vote early in the day.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #277
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I actually feel pretty good about it, but you've got it all wrong. Lynching me saves someone of use to the Jedi. I have no special power. I'm all for saving those with the power to save us.

Well, another way to not lose anyone important to us is to just not vote anyone...

However if you look at it a different approach, voting for someone good also means that you miss a chance to vote for a Sith. So by being a good jedi and purposely saying vote for me, causes everyone to lose a day of possibly getting someone bad or at least getting helpful vote pattern help.

I'm just having difficulty grasping the whole vote for me even though I am a good jedi approach right now.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:01 PM   #278
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED ANOTHER FUCKING VOTE

Sorry guys, I forgot that this game is east coast time when the last one I was in was central time. Well, shit. I am now officially the board idiot.

FWIW, I was probably going to vote for Lathum.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #279
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I would like to play during the weekend, but whatever the majority decides is good with me.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #280
KWhit
Coordinator

I won't be around much during the weekend.

I say we keep tomorrow as is and then just do an extended round that lasts all day Sat and Sun with a lynch deadline on Sunday night.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #281
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Weekend is okay with me, I play cards tomorrow night though. So most Fridays, I have to get what I can in by 5pm, then I usually cannot get online until after 1am. Sometimes I can do it on a break but you never know. Either way I can work with it. Tomorrow I will probably try to get on line close to vote time. Unless of course I am winning big and cannot pull myself away from the table.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #282
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
I'm just having difficulty grasping the whole vote for me even though I am a good jedi approach right now.

It's the ole Jedi Mind Trick

Old 03-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #283
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit

I say we keep tomorrow as is and then just do an extended round that lasts all day Sat and Sun with a lynch deadline on Sunday night.

That sounds like a pretty good idea to me.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #284
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit

That is a pretty good compromise.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #285
cartman
Death Herald

vote: in favor of Kwhit's idea
Old 03-02-2006, 09:19 PM   #286
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I work Friday and saturday night so I would rather not play the weekend but if we do excuse my silence.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:22 PM   #287
Schmidty
Coordinator

You are the man AE, but you fucked this up, and at this early point in the game, whether you are a Jedi or not, you are target numero uno.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:22 PM   #288
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Hmm, this sounds like a tie would result in a vital announcement

At the time he made that post, Qwik had a 2 vote lead. The announcement could have had to do with a lynch of Qwik.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:23 PM   #289
hoopsguy
General Manager

There are a couple of fairly obvious candidates for scrutiny tomorrow based on todays vote but I'm not too inclined to dig into them until after the night actions are up.

Weekend play - fine with whatever group decides.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:23 PM   #290
Schmidty
Coordinator

At the same time, why would a Sith put themself so far out on the line, knowing that their push would put a target on their back?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #291
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
You are the man AE, but you fucked this up, and at this early point in the game, whether you are a Jedi or not, you are target numero uno.
Why does that make him the number one target?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #292
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
At the time he made that post, Qwik had a 2 vote lead. The announcement could have had to do with a lynch of Qwik.
This is true, although I got the sense he saw a potential tie and was advising we pay attention. Either one could trigger the VA.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:32 PM   #293
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Why does that make him the number one target?

Did you read the post I made after that?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #294
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
I actually think it had to do with how to avoid having Jedis kill themselves and was going to be some kind of rule change before he thought of the mind wipe. Don't forget that the game was on short notice so it's entirely possible certain things just weren't thought through in the same way they'd have been if saldana had been given more time to prepare.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:13 PM   #295
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

I would like to play through the weekend, but what ever the group decides.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:23 PM   #296
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I actually think it had to do with how to avoid having Jedis kill themselves and was going to be some kind of rule change before he thought of the mind wipe. Don't forget that the game was on short notice so it's entirely possible certain things just weren't thought through in the same way they'd have been if saldana had been given more time to prepare.

I don't know... It took 25 minutes to go from not having a way to 'kill' a Jedi to having one. That's some quick thinking but I guess it is plausible due to what Saldana said.

Anyway, I just mentioned the Qwik scenario as an addition that it could be a tie breaker like Gramm suggested. I don't necessarily think the non-announcement means Qwik is/was guilty, just putting that out there as information that could be analyzed.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:45 PM   #297
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

this is essentially correct. the announcement i was going to make tonight will instead come tomorrow night. i had forgotten that the Force Banishment was going to be my 1st night lynch method, but all will become clear after tomorrow's lynch. the postponement of the announcement has nothing to do with who was the lynchee or who wasnt. sorry for the confusion, and thanks for understanding BK
Old 03-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #298
kingfc22
Head Coach

I'm good with whatever the group decides.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:03 PM   #299
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I can do anything. I'll be free enough this weekend to play the game.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:30 PM   #300
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
There are a couple of fairly obvious candidates for scrutiny tomorrow based on todays vote but I'm not too inclined to dig into them until after the night actions are up.

Weekend play - fine with whatever group decides.

I look forward to hearing your analysis. I think we probably need to vote on Qwik tomorrow to help clarify the vote shift today as well as other voting patterns. However, that opinion certainly could change tomorrow. I'm off to bed for tonight.