Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2006, 01:22 AM   #301
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Seattle WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Vote STKELLY52

He was the first one to cast a vote and it was for me.

Is there some type of strategy associated with voting first? I will often vote early because I will check just before heading out to work for the day, and I want to make sure that my vote is cast incase I don't make it back. Please don't read anything into that.

If your vote was for me more because I have voted for you, then I understand. Do note that with nothing else to go on I just picked randomly. It was nothing personal.

Of course I changed my vote when I became convinced that Barkeep is the evil one among us.
__________________
Check out an undrafted free agent's attempt to make the Hall of Fame:
Running to the Hall
Now nominated for a Golden Scribe!
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:33 AM   #302
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by stkelly52
Is there some type of strategy associated with voting first? I will often vote early because I will check just before heading out to work for the day, and I want to make sure that my vote is cast incase I don't make it back. Please don't read anything into that.

If your vote was for me more because I have voted for you, then I understand. Do note that with nothing else to go on I just picked randomly. It was nothing personal.

Of course I changed my vote when I became convinced that Barkeep is the evil one among us.

Well, voting first is an easy way for someone playing an evil role to put the conversation on someone they know is innocent.

If you read through past games I am sure you will see many examples of this throughout the various games.

It can almost convince the person you are voting for that you are bad by voting for them right off the bat if they are innocent.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:39 AM   #303
Desnudo
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Here and There
I'm fine with weekend play. Although I'd suggest moving the next deadline after Friday to Sunday and leaving Saturday as a free day.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:44 AM   #304
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
The manner of Superman's demise weighs heavily upon your minds as you retreat to your quarters, anxious to find solace in a medatative trance. The steady rumble of the hyperdrive is the only sound onboard until a few hours past midnight when the serenity you have been working to restore is disrupted by a surge of what is without question, pure hatred, resounding through the force. what is different this time as compared to last night is that the disruption is not going away. You grab your lightsaber and extend yourself through the Force, using it to guide you towards the source of what is surely a nexus of Dark Side power.

Your fears are confirmed as you all reach the galley at virtually the same time, all of you easily detecting the same thing and reacting in the same manner. Your rush forward comes to a sudden halt however, as you see EaglesFan27 locked in combat at the other end of the room, his emerald green lightsaber shimmering in the darkness.

But this is not what stuns you into immobility. It is the other person facing EaglesFan. You cannot see who it is, as their face is hidden by a large hood, but there is no doubt that this figure must be a Sith...as his lightsaber is crossed with the emerald blade of EaglesFan, and it's glowing scarlet red blade is inching ever closer to EaglesFan's throat.

He sees the group of Jedi that have entered the room, but before any of you can react, the hooded figure spins away from Eagles with amazing speed and dexterity. Eagles, who had been drawing heavily on the Force in an effort to withstand the apparently stronger opponent's attempt to push the red blade into his throat, is momentarily caught of balance and lurches slightly forward. It is only a split second, but it is enough time for the Sith to spin behind Eagles and from nowhere, a second shimmering red blade appears and is plunged into the exposed back of EaglesFan27, the tip reappearing in the center of his chest.

A scream of pure agony resounds in both the room and through the Force as the presence that was EaglesFan27 begins to wane from your consciousness. Several of you start to move towards the Sith, still standing over Eagles with his two scarlet blades crossed, but your attention is diverted by a second pulse of agony coming through the Force....as you turn to find the source of this second distress, the Sith closes down his lightsabers and sprints down one of the hallways and out of sight.

The tumult of the night is not over though as you find the source of the second Force disturbance...Alan T is lying at the entrance to the room you first came through, his eyes open and staring at the ceiling. He is dead, but from what is not immediately clear. Did the Sith kill him the same way Master Saldana was killed? No one recalls noticing Alan choking. The only thing anyone saw was Alan simply collapse at almost the same moment Eagles was killed.

A search of both their quarters reveals the answer. Found in both of their meager personal belongings is a portable holoprojector containing the same recording. It is of their Jedi Master, Peregrine, who was so powerful and respected as a teacher that both Eaglesfan and Alan T were permitted to be his Padawan learners at the same time. Master Peregrine is advising his former students to guard the secret they share well, as it could be a great asset to them in many ways. Although Master Peregrine never explains exactly what the secret is, it becomes apparent that as a result of training together for so much of their lives, Alan T and Eaglesfan27 shared a Force Bond that none of you entirely understand. The thing that you do understand though is that this bond was apparently strong enough that when broken by the death of one, its absence caused the death of the other.

it is now day 2, the lynch deadline is friday at 10:30 pm est (i dont have board access until then, so you might as well have the extra hour to vote)

Last edited by saldana : 03-03-2006 at 02:47 AM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:51 AM   #305
TazFTW
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
Well that stinks. What is that KOTOR 1 or 2? I seem to remember Bastilla and you character having a bond in the first one and I think in the 2nd one the exile felt someone elses (Kreia?) pain.
__________________
"Teams don't want to make the trip anymore," says Hawaii coach June Jones. "They come here, we kick their ass, they go home."

Fire Ron Lee.

Last edited by TazFTW : 03-03-2006 at 02:51 AM.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:53 AM   #306
TazFTW
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
dola

At least I know KOTOR is being used as a source for this game.
__________________
"Teams don't want to make the trip anymore," says Hawaii coach June Jones. "They come here, we kick their ass, they go home."

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:04 AM   #307
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Seattle WA
Has this board used the Cupid character in Werewolf before? is there any way to find out if the Alan was a sith as well (which is normally possible with cupid)?
__________________
Check out an undrafted free agent's attempt to make the Hall of Fame:
Running to the Hall
Now nominated for a Golden Scribe!
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:10 AM   #308
SackAttack
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Green Bay, WI
Whoa.

Yeah, a Force Bond can do that. At least they didn't get the seer.

Also, if either Alan or Eagles had gotten lynched, they might've wound up with the same three-for-the-price-of-two and gotten a major role in the bargain. Small mercies.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:12 AM   #309
SackAttack
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Green Bay, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by stkelly52
Has this board used the Cupid character in Werewolf before? is there any way to find out if the Alan was a sith as well (which is normally possible with cupid)?

Yeah, I recall seeing a game or two with the Cupid role.

As to whether Alan was a Sith, I have to doubt it given the nature of a Force Bond. If the student were hiding it, it would by nature weaken the bond.

That, and wouldn't something have turned up in his effects?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:14 AM   #310
TazFTW
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by stkelly52
Has this board used the Cupid character in Werewolf before? is there any way to find out if the Alan was a sith as well (which is normally possible with cupid)?

Not really a cupid character. The deaths would resemble what other games called 'brothers' and I believe another game called it the 'lovers'. I've seen them as good guys who had the ability to communicate with one another (PMs).
__________________
"Teams don't want to make the trip anymore," says Hawaii coach June Jones. "They come here, we kick their ass, they go home."

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:15 AM   #311
TazFTW
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
dola

In past games, I beleive you could kill one without killing the other. I think the fact that they both died is unique to the Star Wars universe.
__________________
"Teams don't want to make the trip anymore," says Hawaii coach June Jones. "They come here, we kick their ass, they go home."

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:18 AM   #312
kingfc22
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
That sucked.
__________________
Fan of SF Giants, 49ers, Sharks, Arsenal
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:19 AM   #313
SackAttack
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Green Bay, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
dola

In past games, I beleive you could kill one without killing the other. I think the fact that they both died is unique to the Star Wars universe.

Not sure that's true. I think the degree to which bonded Jedi can be killed by the other's death is affected by the strength of the bond. In this case, AlanT and EaglesFan were bonded such that the death was assured.

That doesn't mean every Force-bonded Jedi would die if their "partner" were lost.

It might also have to do with the violence of the death. Murder, as with the Sith here, might prove a fatal shock, where falling asleep in the tub and drowning wouldn't necessarily kill the other half of the bond.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:29 AM   #314
TazFTW
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Not sure that's true. I think the degree to which bonded Jedi can be killed by the other's death is affected by the strength of the bond. In this case, AlanT and EaglesFan were bonded such that the death was assured.

That doesn't mean every Force-bonded Jedi would die if their "partner" were lost.

It might also have to do with the violence of the death. Murder, as with the Sith here, might prove a fatal shock, where falling asleep in the tub and drowning wouldn't necessarily kill the other half of the bond.

True, I should have worded it better. What I meant was that in other WW games where two people were connected, you could kill one without killing the other. In the Star Wars universe you could kill one and the other could live or they both could die like you said when the bond is strong enough.
__________________
"Teams don't want to make the trip anymore," says Hawaii coach June Jones. "They come here, we kick their ass, they go home."

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:31 AM   #315
TazFTW
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
dola

At least that is how I remember the pair being used in previous WW games. It has been a while since I've seen it.
__________________
"Teams don't want to make the trip anymore," says Hawaii coach June Jones. "They come here, we kick their ass, they go home."

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:26 AM   #316
Qwikshot
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ...down the gravity well
"There is no real means of defense to my strategem. I am greatly surprised that my objective to face death, to save the many, for my personal loss was thwarted. Any game of chess will be one of gains and losses, but in order to make great strides, one must accept that losses are an inevitability of war. I was hoping to be the first pawn to fall, to open the prospect of new moves and theory. But I feel even more responsible for the tragic losses of not pawns, but knights."

"I am still undaunted in my pursuit for the slayers of my colleagues. I will analyze the past few discussions, I know that my theories will be considered at a nominal regard but there is a method to my madness. That I assure as I assure you that I am just a Jedi."
__________________
Formerly known as Qwikshot...er...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:45 AM   #317
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tennessee
I recall a game with lovers roles. It seems the two players did not know who each other was, but when one died so did the other. In that case, they could be wolf and villager or any combination of and it was determined randomly. This scenario appears to imply they could PM each other. And of course appears to be fixed Jedi to Jedi, but that may be just the way it shook out. I mean at this point everyone appears to be Jedi on the surface.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:12 AM   #318
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
Well that was not a good night action for us.

Saldana, are you going to update the player roster on Page 1 with information on the deaths or will that be something that is integrated with each of the "Night X" results going forward? Because at the moment I don't see the list (with the dead denoted as such) anywhere. Thanks.

OK, in yesterdays vote there was an early run-up on Qwikshot, followed by a number of votes on alternate candidates. This was pretty evident when I posted the totals in Post #228 - this was about 2.5 hours before the deadline. From that point on, there was pretty steady movement away from Qwikshot.


- Post #238: Qwik posts the method to his madness (about 1 hours before deadline)
- Post #244: Gram unvotes Stkelly, votes for Superman (revealed as Jedi, 8 minutes before deadline, rationale is move towards non-voter and non-active player)
- Post #247: Saldana posts that there are 5 minutes to deadline, Qwikshot is in lead 6-4
- Post #248: SackAttack moves his vote from Qwikshot to Superman, creating a tie (agrees with Grams post as reason for doing this, 4 minutes to deadline)
- Post #249: Eaglesfan (known Jedi) asks Sack why he created a tie, that this is often not good strategy
- Post #250: Ardent moves his vote from Schmidty to Superman, breaking the tie and ultimately sealing his fate (reason - "I'll gamble", 2 minutes before deadline).


So I think that Qwikshot, Grammaticus, SackAttack, and Ardent are the people that we should be looking at more closely today. There is obviously a chance that all both Qwikshot and Superman were/are Jedi. Even if that is the case, I think there is value from looking at this voting logic. Here are the scenarios as I see them:

1.) If Qwikshot is a Sith then there would have been some movement to save him if it didn't appear to be a lost cause.
2.) If Qwikshot is a Jedi then there doesn't appear to be much reason at all for a Sith to switch their votes late (thus drawing attention) in a showdown between two Jedi.

I was urging caution yesterday on the early bandwagon because I felt that if Qwikshot was a Jedi then we were making it too easy for the Sith yesterday. But now I think there is a pretty decent chance that wasn't the case. I think that we have a lot to learn from a Qwikshot lynch today, because if he is a Jedi then the other three players listed above all move up my trusted list just a little bit.

VOTE QWIKSHOT

I'll obviously move this if someone has compelling evidence from last night, finds significant flaws with this logic, or can put forth a better plan of action.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:56 AM   #319
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New Jersey
Darn, so much for those 2 votes protecting me from the Sith. Good luck, Jedi.
__________________
Retired GM of the eNFL 2007 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles (19-0 record.)
GM of the WOOF 2006 Doggie Bowl Champion Atlantic City Gamblers.
GM of the IHOF 2019 and 2022 IHOF Bowl Champion Asheville Axemen.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:58 AM   #320
Qwikshot
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ...down the gravity well
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Well that was not a good night action for us.

Saldana, are you going to update the player roster on Page 1 with information on the deaths or will that be something that is integrated with each of the "Night X" results going forward? Because at the moment I don't see the list (with the dead denoted as such) anywhere. Thanks.

OK, in yesterdays vote there was an early run-up on Qwikshot, followed by a number of votes on alternate candidates. This was pretty evident when I posted the totals in Post #228 - this was about 2.5 hours before the deadline. From that point on, there was pretty steady movement away from Qwikshot.


- Post #238: Qwik posts the method to his madness (about 1 hours before deadline)
- Post #244: Gram unvotes Stkelly, votes for Superman (revealed as Jedi, 8 minutes before deadline, rationale is move towards non-voter and non-active player)
- Post #247: Saldana posts that there are 5 minutes to deadline, Qwikshot is in lead 6-4
- Post #248: SackAttack moves his vote from Qwikshot to Superman, creating a tie (agrees with Grams post as reason for doing this, 4 minutes to deadline)
- Post #249: Eaglesfan (known Jedi) asks Sack why he created a tie, that this is often not good strategy
- Post #250: Ardent moves his vote from Schmidty to Superman, breaking the tie and ultimately sealing his fate (reason - "I'll gamble", 2 minutes before deadline).


So I think that Qwikshot, Grammaticus, SackAttack, and Ardent are the people that we should be looking at more closely today. There is obviously a chance that all both Qwikshot and Superman were/are Jedi. Even if that is the case, I think there is value from looking at this voting logic. Here are the scenarios as I see them:

1.) If Qwikshot is a Sith then there would have been some movement to save him if it didn't appear to be a lost cause.
2.) If Qwikshot is a Jedi then there doesn't appear to be much reason at all for a Sith to switch their votes late (thus drawing attention) in a showdown between two Jedi.

I was urging caution yesterday on the early bandwagon because I felt that if Qwikshot was a Jedi then we were making it too easy for the Sith yesterday. But now I think there is a pretty decent chance that wasn't the case. I think that we have a lot to learn from a Qwikshot lynch today, because if he is a Jedi then the other three players listed above all move up my trusted list just a little bit.

VOTE QWIKSHOT

I'll obviously move this if someone has compelling evidence from last night, finds significant flaws with this logic, or can put forth a better plan of action.

Seems good to me

Vote Qwikshot
__________________
Formerly known as Qwikshot...er...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:04 AM   #321
Qwikshot
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ...down the gravity well
You forgot one thing Hoops...Three Jedi are already dead (not including Master Saldana).

You kill me, you just have another dead Jedi (bringing to 4) and then with night moves - you'll have another dead one (bringing to 5).

It's your poison, I know I'm just a Jedi, nothing more or less, and when I stop breathing be it by my fellow Jedi's hands or the Sith's, I'll just be one less entity in this form.

Killing me will not reveal a result, please be aware you just bring suspicion on yourself for making such a grand display of my faults.

It would be /a lot/ easier for the Sith to bandwagon today on my death because there is so much suspicion towards me, so when I die today, you will just be further in the whole in finding the true enemies.

Yet, just to prove (like last night), I will keep voting for my own demise.

Batter Up!
__________________
Formerly known as Qwikshot...er...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:10 AM   #322
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
Qwik, I'm not convinced it is the right strategy. I just don't have a better one at the moment. And I definitely don't want to see it turn into a bandwagon vote because you are 100% correct that it won't help with voting patterns if you are revealed as a Jedi.

In the interests of fairness, as well as drawing some attention to my own voting record, here is a list of everyone who voted yesterday for a CONFIRMED Jedi.

Superman - SnDvls (167), KWhit (206), TazFTW (222), Grammaticus (244), SackAttack (248), Ardent Enthusiast (250)

Eaglesfan - Hoopsguy (174), JeeberD (208)

Alan T - Lathum (142)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:26 AM   #323
SnDvls
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
What is KOTOR?

I though I was pretty up on Star Wars seeing all the movies, and I know there are some books out about live before & after the movies, but I haven't read them

We're down 3 jedi and by Saldana's post on EaglesFan it looks like there are at least two sith, seems like this follows what a lot of people were saying about having a sith leader and one follower.

I'd vote for the longer weekend, but am up to whatever.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:34 AM   #324
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
I was in the lover's role, and I was in the twins role.

The lovers were chosen by sirfozzie I believe, and it involved me and Schmidty. Fozzie has a sense of humor. When Schmidty had to drop, Mr. Wednesday joined in. I wasn't allowed to PM either. In that game Schmidty/Wednesday were normal, and I was the seer.

In the twins role I could PM pennwisesb, but it sure didn't do much for us. That was our special role.

The twins and lovers both died in the game.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:34 AM   #325
Qwikshot
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ...down the gravity well
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
What is KOTOR?

I though I was pretty up on Star Wars seeing all the movies, and I know there are some books out about live before & after the movies, but I haven't read them

We're down 3 jedi and by Saldana's post on EaglesFan it looks like there are at least two sith, seems like this follows what a lot of people were saying about having a sith leader and one follower.

I'd vote for the longer weekend, but am up to whatever.

Knights of the Old Republic...the computer game series...
__________________
Formerly known as Qwikshot...er...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:41 AM   #326
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Frankly I am far more convinced of Lathum's quilt at this point then Qwik. I think Qwik is just role playing again. I disagree with his strategy but understand why someone would use it. Therefore I am going to vote Lathum for his suspicious behavior yesterday:
A) No explanation for his vote originally
B) When giving an explanation calling suspicion of him "preposterous"

Vote Lathum
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:42 AM   #327
cartman
Death Herald
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I'm sticking with my anti-Jar Jar message. It almost worked yesterday.

Vote: Qwikshot

We are all role-playing here. Since I'm a n00b, hopefully I can see the game as through the eyes of a child. It appears to me that Qwik is trying to use reverse psychology on us through the use of reverse psychology. Since it is apparent that others have successfully used the "vote for me" gambit in the past, he is counting on that success to try and put one over on us.
__________________
Thinkin' of a master plan
'Cuz ain't nuthin' but sweat inside my hand
So I dig into my pocket, all my money is spent
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:59 AM   #328
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
Barkeep, all things being equal I don't know if we learn as much from a Lathum vote as we do from Qwikshot. Obviously, priority #1 is to get a Sith and any other considerations are secondary to that.

The fact that you and Dubb are both sniffing around Lathum has me paying more attention to him than I would otherwise. That said, I haven't seen anything from Lathum up to this point that is significantly different than his play in other games.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:14 AM   #329
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
I need to get a vote in early and frankly I think Qwik is innocent so that left me looking for someone else. Lathum was the best suspect I could find. I feel that I am much better about finding innocents then guilty people so I would say the liklihood of Qwik being innocent is far greater than Lathum being guilty for what it's worth.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:26 AM   #330
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
OK, I will be out all day and well past the vote. I know I am a jedi so I am automaticaly suspiscious of Barkeep and Tanglewood
(who didn't vote yesterday). By killing AlanT (the only person I voted for) it is a classic set up to make me look bad. I will have no way of arguing for myself since I will be at work for the next 15 hours so in possible self preservation

VOTE QWICKSHOT
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #331
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tennessee
I am not sold on Qwik being bad yet. His behavior is erratic and at some point may be reason to vote him. Since I donít feel good about voting him and we do not have much on anyone else, Iím going with the other person that has yet to vote

VOTE TANGLEWOOD
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #332
Qwikshot
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ...down the gravity well
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
I'm sticking with my anti-Jar Jar message. It almost worked yesterday.

Vote: Qwikshot

We are all role-playing here. Since I'm a n00b, hopefully I can see the game as through the eyes of a child. It appears to me that Qwik is trying to use reverse psychology on us through the use of reverse psychology. Since it is apparent that others have successfully used the "vote for me" gambit in the past, he is counting on that success to try and put one over on us.


Ah young one, this is the first time I've ever done the vote for me strategy. Frankly, if I voted for someone else would that have made me less suspicious? Of course not, if I had voted for someone else, that person would have either been implicated or ignored. Both a dangerous think since I do not know who is Sith and who is Jedi except for the fact that I am a Jedi.

Just understand that your philosophy (irregardless of the Jar-Jar speak), when I'm found innocent (even in death) it will further iimplicate you as potentially a Sith?

I'm confident in the selfvote because I have nothing left to lose, if I die, will you be closer to the truth?
__________________
Formerly known as Qwikshot...er...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #333
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
Here are the votes so far, up through Post #331:

Qwikshot - Hoopsguy (318), Qwikshot (320), Cartman (327), Lathum (330)
Lathum - Barkeep (326)
Tanglewood - Grammaticus (331)

Once again Qwikshot emerges as the early leader. Going to review posts from Eagles and Alan T this morning (and Superman if he has any) to see what their early thoughts were.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #334
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
OK, after thinking things through I really don't thing Qwick is a sith. I am suspiscous of Tanglewood for two reasons, his non vote and the fact he voted for me ad I know I am a Jedi. I would hate to vote for a much needed allie so I will chose what I feel is right over self preservation.

Unvote Qwick

Vote Tanglewood
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #335
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Wow, still catching up, but last night's night action really hurt us. I can't believe they hit the cupid role on the first night.
__________________
Myspace Profile
pennywisesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #336
JeeberD
General Manager
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Town of Flower Mound
A three death night, ugh. Sorry, Doc, guess you were clean.

Vote Qwik

If he wants to get lynched let's go ahead and lynch him...
__________________
UTEP Miners!!!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:45 AM   #337
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
Qwik, I understand the strategy that you are adopting ... having played in a few of these games I get that it is interesting to take new approaches just to see how the results play out. One benefit of this strategy is that you are almost a sure bet to last through the evenings because the Sith would want you to serve as a focal point for discussions the next day.

That said, if at some point it looks like you are going to be stripped of your connection to the force (or whatever the lynch mechanism is for that day) I would hope that you would provide some of your own insights rather than just adopting a strategy of 'the group voting for me and pushing for me contains Sith'.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:50 AM   #338
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
OK, I will be out all day and well past the vote. I know I am a jedi so I am automaticaly suspiscious of Barkeep and Tanglewood
(who didn't vote yesterday). By killing AlanT (the only person I voted for) it is a classic set up to make me look bad. I will have no way of arguing for myself since I will be at work for the next 15 hours so in possible self preservation

VOTE QWICKSHOT

I don't know what Lathum is talking about, but the sith didn't know they were going to be essentially killing AlanT when they killed EagleFan. I don't like his argument here.
__________________
Myspace Profile
pennywisesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #339
Qwikshot
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ...down the gravity well
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Qwik, I understand the strategy that you are adopting ... having played in a few of these games I get that it is interesting to take new approaches just to see how the results play out. One benefit of this strategy is that you are almost a sure bet to last through the evenings because the Sith would want you to serve as a focal point for discussions the next day.

That said, if at some point it looks like you are going to be stripped of your connection to the force (or whatever the lynch mechanism is for that day) I would hope that you would provide some of your own insights rather than just adopting a strategy of 'the group voting for me and pushing for me contains Sith'.


The main focal point is that I know I'm Jedi, and the initial day one banter goes generally with multiple splinter groups accusing each other, bad blood and ultimate a lot of division until the Seer emerges and finally boldy points out the first true bad guy.

I figured with madness left in the brain, to offset and spearhead my own demise...a sacrificial lamb for the sake of my comrades.

I figured if I died and was proven Jedi (which I am) that at most there would be a definite lead point.

Alas, the Sith not only managed to kill two of us, but we also managed to kill one of our own in Superman.

If I spoke my strategy out further than that it makes it so transparent to allow for the Sith to adopt a new strategy.

So I will just say this...the options are to A) ignore me and vote for others or B) pile on and vote for me.

If you were evil, what would you do? If you were good, what would you do?
__________________
Formerly known as Qwikshot...er...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:55 AM   #340
JeeberD
General Manager
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Town of Flower Mound
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
I don't know what Lathum is talking about, but the sith didn't know they were going to be essentially killing AlanT when they killed EagleFan. I don't like his argument here.

Good catch. Looks like Lathum deserves to have an eye kept on him...
__________________
UTEP Miners!!!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:57 AM   #341
Qwikshot
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ...down the gravity well
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
A three death night, ugh. Sorry, Doc, guess you were clean.

Vote Qwik

If he wants to get lynched let's go ahead and lynch him...

Spoken like a true Texas Jedi...
__________________
Formerly known as Qwikshot...er...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:59 AM   #342
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Basically right now Lathum is at the top of my suspect list. Qwik's self vote is obviously suspicious, but at least he's giving a reason for doing it, Lathum's argument that the sith were trying to frame him doesn't hold water in my book.

Vote Lathum
__________________
Myspace Profile
pennywisesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:03 PM   #343
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
here you go hoops.

1. Lathum
2. Kwhit
3. Hoopsguy
4. Grammaticus
5. TazFTW
6. EaglesFan27, slain by Sith, night 1
7. Tanglewood
8. Cartman
9. Kingfc22
10. Desnudo
11. Pennywisesb
12. StKelly52
13. Qwikshot
14. Barkeep49
15. Alan T, died at loss of EF27, night 1
16. SnDvls
17. Ardent Enthusiast
18. Superman=#54, lynched, day 1
19. Dubb93
20. JeeberD
21. SackAttack
22. McKerney
23. Schmidty


as was said earlier, KOTOR is referring to the Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 RPG adventure games, which were set up well ahead of the movies, and which have supplied some of the adaptation ideas for this game. since there is so much conjecture about 'canon', i dont think it will hurt to tell you that my source knowledge is drawn from the following

Movies 1-6
the books for movies 1-6
the Thrawn trilogy books
shadow of he empire, as well as about 8-10 other non movie plot books
KOTOR 1+2.

since there are about 15 hours of movies and 6000 pages of books there, i doubt knowing where my thoughts came from will help you figure out where i am going, as nothing is an exact copy of anything else...just inspirations.

here is what i was thinking for the weekend....today ends at 10:30....i will run the night until 9:30am tomorrow, and then have Day 2 run for 36 hours until 9:30 sunday...how will that work out for everyone?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #344
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
I agree with penny. In my experience as a GM and to a lesser extent as a player, the person killed is often someone the wolf has spoken out against. It's amazing to me how much it correlates when I would think pains would be taken to make it otherwise.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #345
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Sounds like a good plan to me saldana
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:08 PM   #346
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Sounds like a good plan to me saldana

thats MasterSaldana, thank you
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:10 PM   #347
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
I like that plan Saldana. At least that way the game won't come to a complete stop over the weekend...
__________________
Myspace Profile
pennywisesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #348
Alan T
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mass.
Does this mean I can haunt this thread as the ghost of jar jar binx now?

Good luck all, I'll be watching
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #349
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
I wouldnt reccomend killing jeeber...might be your last action on FOFC now
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #350
JeeberD
General Manager
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Town of Flower Mound
Sounds like a solid plan for the weekend...
__________________
UTEP Miners!!!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.