Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2006, 03:06 PM   #151
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
interesting, i always enjoy watching who the first person to put a second vote on someone is, especially iirc, you are usually one to avoid having your vote be significant on day one.

Just so you know, I was the first person with two votes and CW cast the second one on me...

Voting for me is just gonna clear me, fellas. And The Thing will get one of us tonight...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:07 PM   #152
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
Eeny meeney miney ...

VOTE JEEBER

Because he was beating me in Civ4 a few turns back.

I think you're on top now, though.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:39 PM   #153
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

you werewolf guys are dorks

sorry i missed this one...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #154
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Coffee Warlord

Only a thing would accuse someone of loving TO.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:46 PM   #155
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Interesting. I see this as a win-win situation with every vote. Either we clear someone or we get a Thing. The problem is that we know that person is cleared for only one day. After that, we have no idea.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #156
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Interesting. I see this as a win-win situation with every vote. Either we clear someone or we get a Thing. The problem is that we know that person is cleared for only one day. After that, we have no idea.

Which is also the problem. Do we waste votes the next day on people cleared, or do we go after others? Rough.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #157
st.cronin
General Manager

I see this game as very heavily slanted towards the Thing(s). Without knowing what the special roles are, my strategy (were I a thing) would simply be to add the better, more experienced players to our side. If they last more than about 2 nights, they will likely win.

Of course, they might only start out with 1 Thing - that would change things a bit.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:17 PM   #158
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Which is also the problem. Do we waste votes the next day on people cleared, or do we go after others? Rough.
Yeah, that is a problem. If I were one of them I would definitely target one of the people who was cleared. I wouldn't think there would be only one of them; I would guess two. If there were only one of them, it would be a pretty quick game if we got lucky on day 1. Any more than two and it tilts the odds too much in their favor.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:20 PM   #159
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

As a Thing, a clear strategy is to try and get people on their side who are tested early. However, if we then take that to mean that we shouldn't regard testing as accurate then we throw away our only weapon and are down to flying on instinct, so we have to place some faith in the test results at least. I reckon that we will need wither a good slice of luck at a cruical point or a monumental performance from one or two peeps to win this.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:22 PM   #160
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Dola

Well seems like I basically just repeated what cronin and RA said. Should perhaps read before posting next time...
Old 04-13-2006, 04:23 PM   #161
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Random day one vote:

Vote path12
Old 04-13-2006, 04:29 PM   #162
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hopefully there's at least a couple seer types in this game. We realllllly need more ways to confirm people rather than votes.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:02 PM   #163
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
This is true, but as I mentioned earlier (and was debating), there will only be two testings a day at most.
[put on Dwight hat for a second]

Question: If we reveal a scientist, can we choose another to test?
Question: If so, how is that person picked?

[/put on Dwight hat for a second]
Old 04-13-2006, 05:03 PM   #164
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
By the way, I've decided to run this game a bit differently than some of the others.

Instead of voting for who is lynched every day, you will be voting on who will be tested by drawing blood) each day. If the player that is tested turns out to be a Thing, he will be killed, and the players will be allowed to choose someone else to be tested. (I am trying to decide if I will allow more than two testings a day or not)

Instead of making kills during the night cycle, the Things will be able to convert/infect a scientist. This will obviously make that scientist a Thing.

The game will be over when either A) there are no Things left, or B) there are more Things than scientists.

There will be a few roles, but they will only be revealed those players that have them.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know.
From this, I can't determine if we choose a scientist that we can choose another person.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #165
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Double dola,

If we do pick a scientist and we can pick another person to test, then it might be prudent to vote for a "known" person to clear them and then have the secondary votes available to out an unknown person. How we could coordinate this, I don't know (i've had a few beers).

[OOG]
Why not just test everyone at one time in the movie?
[/OOG]
Old 04-13-2006, 05:40 PM   #166
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
From this, I can't determine if we choose a scientist that we can choose another person.

You are only allowed to make a second pick if you get a Thing first.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:48 PM   #167
Raiders Army
Coordinator

How is the second pick made?
Old 04-13-2006, 05:52 PM   #168
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
How is the second pick made?

A second vote before the night phase.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:58 PM   #169
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As in....we continue voting after the day phase is over, and that one is calculated at the onset of day 2?

Like...

Day 1: Vote Bill
End of Day 1: Bill Cleared
Night 1: Vote Steve
End of Night 1: Steve Cleared
Old 04-13-2006, 05:58 PM   #170
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh. Nevermind.

Only if a THING is picked.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:17 PM   #171
saldana
Pro Starter

i figure there have to be some scientists with immunity to conversion among us as well as a seer type. I agree that there arent likely to be more than 3 things at the very most. (more likely 2, based on the number of players in the game)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:39 PM   #172
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

vote Hoops

Okay, I think we should clear the veteren players first, guys like Blade and Hoops are dangerous as baddies. I think the seer should be checking out these guys.

I think this makes sense, I'm gonna go cower in a corner now til daylight.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:45 PM   #173
Swaggs
Coordinator

Random first day vote: Vote path12
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:47 PM   #174
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I have a feeling about Blade that he's a good guy (again). hoops I have no idea about. FWIW, I feel about as good about Blade as I feel as bad about saldana. Blade said that he was brilliant like me. saldana said he was a regular scientist which rang a little strange to me.

As it stands right now, I'm not changing my vote. I'm out until after Survivor (it's over 9 EST).
Old 04-13-2006, 06:48 PM   #175
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
As in....we continue voting after the day phase is over, and that one is calculated at the onset of day 2?

Like...

Day 1: Vote Bill
End of Day 1: Bill Cleared
Night 1: Vote Steve
End of Night 1: Steve Cleared

Are looking for this guy?

"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams

Last edited by Qwikshot : 04-13-2006 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:48 PM   #176
hoopsguy
General Manager

Qwik, I've got no problem with the seer checking me out ASAP. But the seer, just like the testing we do, is "limited-time only" value, since someone who is cleared publicly becomes a better target for the "Thing(s)" later in the game.

I'm very eager to get into the game and see what kind of roles emerge, because I think we scientists are really up against it if we are playing with standard roles, especially in the early stages.

Here is what I have for the vote count so far, as of Post #172:
JeeberD - Blade (119), CW (139), Cronin (148), WVU (149)
Saldana - Dubb (121), Raiders (145)
Tanglewood - Anxiety (132)
Dubb - Saldana (134)
CW - JeeberD (140), mckerney (154)
Cronin - Path (150)
Path - Tanglewood (161)
Hoops - Qwik (172)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:49 PM   #177
Schmidty
Coordinator

Current votes:

saldana (2)- dubb, Raiders Army

JeeberD (4)- Blade, Coffee Warlord, st. cronin, WVUFAN

Coffee Warlord (2)- JeeberD, mckerney

tanglewood (1) - Anxiety

dubb - (1) saldana

st. cronin (1) - path12

path12 - (2) tanglewood, Swaggs

hoopsguy (1) - Qwikshot
Old 04-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #178
Schmidty
Coordinator

By the way, if pennywise doen't check in by the deadline tonight, I'm going to try to find a replacement.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #179
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Qwik, I've got no problem with the seer checking me out ASAP. But the seer, just like the testing we do, is "limited-time only" value, since someone who is cleared publicly becomes a better target for the "Thing(s)" later in the game.

I'm very eager to get into the game and see what kind of roles emerge, because I think we scientists are really up against it if we are playing with standard roles, especially in the early stages.

Here is what I have for the vote count so far, as of Post #172:
JeeberD - Blade (119), CW (139), Cronin (148), WVU (149)
Saldana - Dubb (121), Raiders (145)
Tanglewood - Anxiety (132)
Dubb - Saldana (134)
CW - JeeberD (140), mckerney (154)
Cronin - Path (150)
Path - Tanglewood (161)
Hoops - Qwik (172)

True, it's a risky prop all around...but I'd rather know you as clear now then be wondering...it's all a crapshoot anyway. I'd much rather know you have my back then turn my back on you. (oos: You are dangerous in prior games, I only vote you out of respect to your prior gamemanship)

Last edited by Qwikshot : 04-13-2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #180
hoopsguy
General Manager

Raiders, if we are coming out with the "brilliant" bit then you actually missed someone who said it - Swaggs.

I had seen this when I posted in #143 but didn't want to bring this out.

Quote:
but I don't have any good "reads" at this point (at least on who might be a "thing).

If you read between the lines, you can construe that I had some reads on who might be a scientist and it was because of the use of the word brilliant, which was found in my scientist description.

This type of hint is becoming the new "villager secret code" which I don't really think is 100% in the spirit of the game. I know that in the next game I run that I will make deliberate efforts to negate this type of play for all parties.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #181
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs - post #107
Quote:
BTW, Brilliant idea for a Werewolf game. Well done Schmidty.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:03 PM   #182
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would encourage people not to vote for someone who has come out with "brilliant" today for this action only - but that each of these people should be fair game for tomorrow due to the strong likelihood of a conversion.

That would mean that I'm asking Qwikshot to change his vote for today. I'm not worried about being tested, but I do want us to get a Thing at the deadline and I'm confident that at this moment Swaggs, Blade, and Raiders (as confident as I can reasonably be, anyways) are scientists on Day 1.

VOTE ST. CRONIN

Not a ton of reasons - avoiding one of the people I consider safe at the moment while putting a vote on someone who contributed to the only thing we have resembling a bandwagon so far.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #183
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Raiders, if we are coming out with the "brilliant" bit then you actually missed someone who said it - Swaggs.

I had seen this when I posted in #143 but didn't want to bring this out.

If you read between the lines, you can construe that I had some reads on who might be a scientist and it was because of the use of the word brilliant, which was found in my scientist description.

This type of hint is becoming the new "villager secret code" which I don't really think is 100% in the spirit of the game. I know that in the next game I run that I will make deliberate efforts to negate this type of play for all parties.

Actually I think this hurts you a little in my book Hoopsguy. If you don't quite get the "brilliant" blurb, that leads me to believe you didn't get a simliar PM to what some of the rest of us got. It refers to us as simple, but brilliant . I didn't want to bring that up, but since it is already out in the open I see no problem with it.

What you quoted has nothing to do with that.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:19 PM   #184
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dubb, I don't know how to respond to that short of saying the whole PM.

By you expandeding on this, I believe that you are also telling the truth, but all we are doing by expanding this list is giving the "Thing(s)" a longer list of players who have no role that will allow us to defend ourselves against them. And for a player who might be able to protect, they now have a bigger group of people to consider protecting from a conversion.

All that said, I would ask Saldana to move his vote to someone who is more likely to be a Thing on this day.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #185
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I have a feeling about Blade that he's a good guy (again). hoops I have no idea about. FWIW, I feel about as good about Blade as I feel as bad about saldana. Blade said that he was brilliant like me. saldana said he was a regular scientist which rang a little strange to me.

As it stands right now, I'm not changing my vote. I'm out until after Survivor (it's over 9 EST).

could you at least try to put comments into context....blade never said he was a brillian scientist...in fact, he has never even posted the standard "scientist checking in" statement, brilliant or otherwise. all he said was that this game is another opportunity for us to bask in his brilliance.

so then, everyone that didnt say "brilliant" in their check in posts must be a thing....that means that anyone that said "regular", "clean", "simple" or just "scientist" must be a thing.....outstanding logic...by this reasoning, the following is a list of the things:

tanglewood - just said scientist
mckerney - just said scientist
hoops - just said scientist
wfu - said clean scientist
jeebs - said he was clean
path - said he was a thespian
saldana - said he was regular

this doesnt even account for the people that didnt say anything, used the word brilliant in another form, or didnt check in at all....nice logic...if we all learned anything from the Lost game, its that the DM should have sent out different PM's to everyone to stop this from happening...i know i did for starwars...every pm was different.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:22 PM   #186
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, and if people want to buy raiders logic, test away, i've go no problem with it, since the word brilliant was in my pm, i just didnt use it in my post because i didnt think it would be another "simple" situation.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:25 PM   #187
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, I think that this game may help regulate the "shared code" behavior going forward if there are a significant number of conversions. But it does give an unfair advantage on Day 1 to the scientists.

That said, why is your vote still on Dubb if you got the PM you say you did?
Old 04-13-2006, 07:27 PM   #188
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
By you expandeding on this

Man, I wish it was kosher to edit posts in WW ... that one is uglier than most of my typos.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #189
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
dola, and if people want to buy raiders logic, test away, i've go no problem with it, since the word brilliant was in my pm, i just didnt use it in my post because i didnt think it would be another "simple" situation.

As someone else has said, this game is heavily slanted to the Things, since no one will truly ever be safe. I just have the nagging feeling we're gonna wind up testing the same people over and over under the assumption that the Things will infect those pronounced "clean" on the prior night's test. We have no way to prounouncing anyone "safe", unlike prior games.

Tricky game. This is gonna be tough.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:32 PM   #190
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

unvote hoops
vote cronin

At hoops request; I think you are reading far too into it...I mean, that's a lot of scrutinzing to catch brilliant and regular scientist...
Old 04-13-2006, 07:34 PM   #191
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Man, I wish it was kosher to edit posts in WW ... that one is uglier than most of my typos.

You should see how long it takes me to act as editor for my dynasty. Writing it is the easy part, finding and fixing all my typos takes all the time.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:34 PM   #192
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

maybe I look at things too lightly, thats why I'm always getting killed, I guess.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:35 PM   #193
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not sure that the game is heavily slanted towards the Things - without any knowledge of the numbers, roles, etc it is very hard to predict something like that. I'll trust that Schmidty has thought about the rule set and balance issues before putting this out there.

That said, I haven't seen the movie. Is there any reason to expect that the Things are not converting every night, but instead will be coming with a mix of kills and conversions?

Is there any deviation of "Thing" roles in the movie? Or are the enemies identical in all aspects? Just trying to get some understanding of what we might be facing ...
Old 04-13-2006, 07:58 PM   #194
hoopsguy
General Manager

Not exactly deadline drama today ...
Old 04-13-2006, 08:04 PM   #195
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not sure that the game is heavily slanted towards the Things - without any knowledge of the numbers, roles, etc it is very hard to predict something like that. I'll trust that Schmidty has thought about the rule set and balance issues before putting this out there.

That said, I haven't seen the movie. Is there any reason to expect that the Things are not converting every night, but instead will be coming with a mix of kills and conversions?

Is there any deviation of "Thing" roles in the movie? Or are the enemies identical in all aspects? Just trying to get some understanding of what we might be facing ...

Macready and Childs are the badasses, in the end, no one really knows if they were not assimilated...I'm leaning that neither was...everyone else is assimilated or killed, including beloved Quaker Oats guy!
Old 04-13-2006, 08:07 PM   #196
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I haven't read this thread, so perhaps I will regret this later, but I want to get it out there: I am the hunter. I will be killing someone tonight.

EDIT -- To clarify my role isn't called that, but it's essentially what I am.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 04-13-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:08 PM   #197
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Ok I haven't read this thread, so perhaps I will regret this later, but I want to get it out there: I am the hunter. I will be killing someone tonight.

Uh...is this Chuck Norris?
Old 04-13-2006, 08:11 PM   #198
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I find the wording on this pretty funny. So are we just supposed to sit back and wait for you to kill someone? And why would you choose tonight where you have absolutely no information to go on?
Old 04-13-2006, 08:11 PM   #199
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

Don't mind me I'm having fun with images...
Old 04-13-2006, 08:12 PM   #200
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting; he goes killing