Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2006, 02:44 PM   #301
st.cronin
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Mexico
How did Barkeep know Qwik was a Thing (if he's telling the truth)?
__________________
co-commish: bb-bbcf.net

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #302
st.cronin
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Mexico
dola

What I mean is, did BK just get lucky?
__________________
co-commish: bb-bbcf.net

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:47 PM   #303
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
Cronin, I'm hoping that Barkeep will come forward with a little more info on this topic for us between now and Monday night. Without, of course, directly quoting a PM.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:48 PM   #304
st.cronin
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Cronin, I'm hoping that Barkeep will come forward with a little more info on this topic for us between now and Monday night. Without, of course, directly quoting a PM.

I hope so too.

It looks to me like Barkeep definitely killed Qwik, but I think the circumstances are suspicious. I wonder if we could test Qwik's remains?
__________________
co-commish: bb-bbcf.net

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:01 PM   #305
st.cronin
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Mexico
dola

There is the assumption in a number of posts that it's preferable to finding 'Original Things' as opposed to 'converted Things.' I don't know if I disagree, but I think it's worth some discussion
__________________
co-commish: bb-bbcf.net

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:18 PM   #306
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
I agree with revisiting this. If we take Barkeep at his word that we killed a Thing last night then the odds may not be as high at targeting an original versus trying to guess who was converted (assuming a conversion took place last night). When I had initially commented on this (post #239) I was working with the idea that there were at least two Things on Day 1 and that we had better odds of hitting an original than guessing the convert.

A lot of this conversation took place between posts #239 and 243.

Going to read the link that Qwikshot put up Friday night.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:38 PM   #307
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I hope so too.

It looks to me like Barkeep definitely killed Qwik, but I think the circumstances are suspicious. I wonder if we could test Qwik's remains?
Good point. I wonder this as well. In the movie MacReady tested the Doc and Clark's blood and they checked out. I think that at the very least we could open them up and see if there was anything alien in there.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:40 PM   #308
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Good point. I wonder this as well. In the movie MacReady tested the Doc and Clark's blood and they checked out. I think that at the very least we could open them up and see if there was anything alien in there.
Would it not be better to test barkeep and that way clear him and find out on qwikshot...he says he knows he killed a thing, not he thought...i dont get why you would test the dead body instead of him
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:41 PM   #309
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
dola, and barkeeps avoidance of my question for him in my massive points dissapoints me...and his immediate clearing of hoops and not dubb concerns me as well
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:43 PM   #310
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Would it not be better to test barkeep and that way clear him and find out on qwikshot...he says he knows he killed a thing, not he thought...i dont get why you would test the dead body instead of him
/agree

Just stating that in the movie, the doc and Blair (Wilford Brimley, whom I didn't remember being in the movie) did the autopsies. Perhaps the doctor role can perform autopsies?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:51 PM   #311
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Would it not be better to test barkeep and that way clear him and find out on qwikshot...he says he knows he killed a thing, not he thought...i dont get why you would test the dead body instead of him

This is eminently sensible in my opinion.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #312
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
In fairness, I don't think anyone is clear right now, assuming that a conversion took place last night. If there is a protector role out there, then they should know of two people that were not converted last night - said bodyguard and the person they protected. But the rest of us are flying blind. That is what is going to be one of the more interesting aspects of this game.

This is where I think it is still easier to go after an original Thing, rather than chasing after a possible conversion. If hunting an original, we are looking for 1-2 in a smaller group (6-9) versus 2-3 in a larger group (15).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:23 PM   #313
st.cronin
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
/agree

Just stating that in the movie, the doc and Blair (Wilford Brimley, whom I didn't remember being in the movie) did the autopsies. Perhaps the doctor role can perform autopsies?

Hadn't occured to me that that might be a special role. I understand the "playing the odds" reasoning for trying to hunt an original instead of a convert ... I just don't think we have the pool winnowed down quite THAT much.

The more I think about it, the more I think Barkeep is NOT the way to go (not that I think he's cleared - just that he's such an obvious play, that if he is a Thing, we're being played in some way that I can't quite see). I think it makes the most sense to go after the best player who we didn't test yesterday. That's why I voted for dubb - I think the Thing(s) would have tried to convert a strong, clever player.
__________________
co-commish: bb-bbcf.net

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:40 PM   #314
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
...
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:42 PM   #315
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Thoughts about the game vs. movie:

Schmidty said he was going from memory on this game, so I don't think we can equate the game to the movie. That being said, I highly doubt there was a conversion on night 1. It didn't sound as if there was one, and I would guess that the Thing(s) would have a shot at doing it on Night 2.

If the game is different from the movie, then there is a possibilty (not probability) that the Original Thing(s) could be the only ones that could infect others. In that respect, I think it's more imperative to go after an original Thing and much easier to snag one as opposed to a converted person.

I doubt Jeebs and Barkeep are Things because of the arguments already made. I'd focus on Barkeep's posts #289 and #292 and pick someone from his list.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:05 PM   #316
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
Forgot to type this earlier - sorry to hear about your elbow, mckerney. Hope it heals quickly.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:09 PM   #317
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
How did Barkeep know Qwik was a Thing (if he's telling the truth)?
Cause when I killed the cunt I found out. Test me, test him whatever the fuck you want but if you're going to fucking prick me don't be a pussy about it. Put the god damn vote out there already so then we can waste another day and have found out nothing that a little bit of Keeping It Simple Shithead couldn't already tell you. You prick me and you find out that I'm telling the truth today, but then so fucking what? You, me, your whore of a mother, we all could be Things by tomorrow. I say we have six and it's a damn nice place to start.

And as for Blade listen closely cumguzzler: Qwik was a Thing. He was a wolf. Whatever the fuck you want to call it he was out to try and fucking screw us over like a .05 whore. And now he's dead because I killed him.

And let's just be clear. Next time you fucking want me to answer one of your pissant questions why don't you fucking ask it somewhere cleary instead of burying it in the middle of a 20 page post. Then you won't think I am ignoring you, because I ain't afraid of you or your brilliance one iota.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:10 PM   #318
st.cronin
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Cause when I killed the cunt I found out. Test me, test him whatever the fuck you want but if you're going to fucking prick me don't be a pussy about it. Put the god damn vote out there already so then we can waste another day and have found out nothing that a little bit of Keeping It Simple Shithead couldn't already tell you. You prick me and you find out that I'm telling the truth today, but then so fucking what? You, me, your whore of a mother, we all could be Things by tomorrow. I say we have six and it's a damn nice place to start.

And as for Blade listen closely cumguzzler: Qwik was a Thing. He was a wolf. Whatever the fuck you want to call it he was out to try and fucking screw us over like a .05 whore. And now he's dead because I killed him.

And let's just be clear. Next time you fucking want me to answer one of your pissant questions why don't you fucking ask it somewhere cleary instead of burying it in the middle of a 20 page post. Then you won't think I am ignoring you, because I ain't afraid of you or your brilliance one iota.

I think somebody couldn't find all their eggs this morning.
__________________
co-commish: bb-bbcf.net

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:11 PM   #319
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Cause when I killed the cunt I found out. Test me, test him whatever the fuck you want but if you're going to fucking prick me don't be a pussy about it. Put the god damn vote out there already so then we can waste another day and have found out nothing that a little bit of Keeping It Simple Shithead couldn't already tell you. You prick me and you find out that I'm telling the truth today, but then so fucking what? You, me, your whore of a mother, we all could be Things by tomorrow. I say we have six and it's a damn nice place to start.

And as for Blade listen closely cumguzzler: Qwik was a Thing. He was a wolf. Whatever the fuck you want to call it he was out to try and fucking screw us over like a .05 whore. And now he's dead because I killed him.

And let's just be clear. Next time you fucking want me to answer one of your pissant questions why don't you fucking ask it somewhere cleary instead of burying it in the middle of a 20 page post. Then you won't think I am ignoring you, because I ain't afraid of you or your brilliance one iota.



Angry much Barkeep?
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:20 PM   #320
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
dola

What I mean is, did BK just get lucky?
Yeah sure I got a little lucky. But the signs were all there to be seen, once I decided to do it and so I felt no fucking regret at disposing of what needed be taken out.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:28 PM   #321
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood


Angry much Barkeep?
Only at the sphincter licking Things.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:30 PM   #322
st.cronin
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Yeah sure I got a little lucky. But the signs were all there to be seen, once I decided to do it and so I felt no fucking regret at disposing of what needed be taken out.

What signs? It would help if we could see your train of thought.
__________________
co-commish: bb-bbcf.net

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:41 PM   #323
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
How much do you think Schmidty enjoyed sending Barkeep a role PM telling him to swear in every other post? LOL, one way to make sure someone else gets the "angriest man in WW" rep.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:56 PM   #324
JeeberD
General Manager
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Town of Flower Mound
Yeah, barkeep is definitely Childs...
__________________
UTEP Miners!!!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:18 PM   #325
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Boy, don't make me open up a can of whoop-ass!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Oh man! How'd you get the beans above the frank?

Ooops. Wrong movie.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:51 AM   #326
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
(taps microphone)

This thing on?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:58 AM   #327
Qwikshot
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ...down the gravity well
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
(taps microphone)

This thing on?

I'm here, but I'm dead.
__________________
Formerly known as Qwikshot...er...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:11 AM   #328
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Coffee how confident are you with your vote on Raiders?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:41 AM   #329
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Colorado Springs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Coffee how confident are you with your vote on Raiders?

Not. But, reading what's been said of late...I've see no reason to change at this point. Fairly certain hoops is alright, unless he's a convert. Any of the other people up for vote, I see no stellar reason why they are a better vote than RA at the moment.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:11 AM   #330
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
After reading everything I think Raider's suspicion of saldana was spot on yesterday. Of the six ball sniffers I am looking at he seems to have attracted the most suspicion and for good reason. Let's nail this Thing loving bastard now.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:12 AM   #331
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Vote Saldana

Let that part out of the post above.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:29 AM   #332
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
After reading everything I think Raider's suspicion of saldana was spot on yesterday. Of the six ball sniffers I am looking at he seems to have attracted the most suspicion and for good reason. Let's nail this Thing loving bastard now.


suspect all you want jackass, you can buy into the raiders army school of logic all damn day, i know im a scientist.

as far as why i went back at RA so hard, history between us has me very wary of him....his little "i'm too drunk to read straight, but i ended up being right" nonsense from the lost game has me a little bit defensive when he starts pointing fingers.

i guess it doesnt matter though....we always have the same reactions to accusations in games that we dont actually die.

but since i still think his logic is bullshit

vote raiders army
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:42 AM   #333
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
I guess I would like to hear more of a rationale of why we should vary from the list of six today. I think tomorrow the list is exponentially less useful but it seems like today are best hope is with the list.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:44 AM   #334
st.cronin
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Mexico
I am uncomfortable with the assumption that there wasn't a conversion last night. Why in the world would we get told that there was one??
__________________
co-commish: bb-bbcf.net

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:45 AM   #335
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Yeah sure I got a little lucky. But the signs were all there to be seen, once I decided to do it and so I felt no fucking regret at disposing of what needed be taken out.
What signs? It would help if we could see your train of thought.
Barkeep, care to answer this question...you keep avoiding answering questions, and somehow avoiding votes as well...
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:51 AM   #336
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I am uncomfortable with the assumption that there wasn't a conversion last night. Why in the world would we get told that there was one??
I see three scenarios:
1.No conversion last night, they can only do it every other night for balance reasons(doesnt mean they couldnt still kill last night cough cough barkeep)
2.Conversion last night, can do every night(would have had to start with 2 id say...if qwik was converting it kind of makes sense why he was in the kennel)
3.no conversion becuase qwik was going to do it and he got killed by barkeep\

am i missing anything? Of those 3 im currently hung up on #1, but yes i dont think people should discount a conversion last night. The thing is, people think they have better odds looking for an original and not a convert(they say less targets with original, making it easier)....(i say its barkeep and hoops pushing, and their #1/2 on my suspect list so i dont like it one bit)
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:54 AM   #337
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I am uncomfortable with the assumption that there wasn't a conversion last night. Why in the world would we get told that there was one??
I agree. I think there was a conversion last night. In fact I don't see much how we can win as unless we nail a Thing each day they will grow pretty quickly into an unbeatable voting block. Never-the-less, I still think taking a shot at an original Thing makes sense on Day 2.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #338
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Barkeep, care to answer this question...you keep avoiding answering questions, and somehow avoiding votes as well...
You're right twithead I didn't answer that question. Missing your hidden question and not answering that one doesn't mean I'm avoiding answering questions. And the reason I didn't answer cronin's question is that I don't want to help the fuckers by giving away what helped me nail them. You won't like that, but I say tough shit.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:00 PM   #339
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
To me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
You're right twithead I didn't answer that question. Missing your hidden question and not answering that one doesn't mean I'm avoiding answering questions. And the reason I didn't answer cronin's question is that I don't want to help the fuckers by giving away what helped me nail them. You won't like that, but I say tough shit.
To Cronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I agree. I think there was a conversion last night. In fact I don't see much how we can win as unless we nail a Thing each day they will grow pretty quickly into an unbeatable voting block. Never-the-less, I still think taking a shot at an original Thing makes sense on Day 2.
So hes only mean to me, awesome...maybe schmidty made that his role...be mean to blade....
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:05 PM   #340
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
i say its barkeep and hoops pushing, and their #1/2 on my suspect list so i dont like it one bit)
So why don't you vote for me? I mean it's not like you're holding past games against us or anything. Go ahead vote for us and squander another chance for us to find a thing. You say that we're pushing for a small list? Damn straight. Why don't YOU come up with a reason why we should try and find a convert first. A convert that you admit might not even exist. So Blade or Coffee, or anyone else: Why is trying to find a convert a better idea on Day 2?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:07 PM   #341
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
So hes only mean to me, awesome...maybe schmidty made that his role...be mean to blade....
He didn't come after me. I see no reason to be pointlessly rude.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:07 PM   #342
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
So why don't you vote for me?

POST #282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Vote Barkeep49
I made that move long ago...now im just feeling around for what pressure points i can find
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #343
st.cronin
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
So why don't you vote for me? I mean it's not like you're holding past games against us or anything. Go ahead vote for us and squander another chance for us to find a thing. You say that we're pushing for a small list? Damn straight. Why don't YOU come up with a reason why we should try and find a convert first. A convert that you admit might not even exist. So Blade or Coffee, or anyone else: Why is trying to find a convert a better idea on Day 2?

Because the list of suspects from day 1 is bullshit. It's just a wag based on nothing substantial. We don't even know if Qwik was a Thing or not, so we can't make any connections to him.

UNVOTE DUBB

VOTE BARKEEP
__________________
co-commish: bb-bbcf.net

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:10 PM   #344
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
You say that we're pushing for a small list? Damn straight. Why don't YOU come up with a reason why we should try and find a convert first. A convert that you admit might not even exist. So Blade or Coffee, or anyone else: Why is trying to find a convert a better idea on Day 2?
I just dont like your list since you and hoops arent on it. Neither of you cleared yourself in the brilliant ordeal, but yet conveniently neither of you has said anything but nice about the other...despite you yourself saying you wanted target the uncleared(by cleared i see raiders, dubb, myself, and swaggs...and jeeber)
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:11 PM   #345
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Colorado Springs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
A convert that you admit might not even exist. So Blade or Coffee, or anyone else: Why is trying to find a convert a better idea on Day 2?

I don't recall *ever* saying going after a convert over an/the original. If I implied it somewhere, whoops.

But then again, I'm not particularly targeting EITHER side. Shooting in the dark, seeing what happens. I'm hoping after another day of talking/voting patterns, I can make a more informed judgement.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:11 PM   #346
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
POST #282
I made that move long ago...now im just feeling around for what pressure points i can find
Good. I'm glad to take the votes. I mean it wastes a fucking day, but so what? People don't seem want to find a thing, so might as well clear me for a day. Still don't get why I'm better then the list of six, but if people are going to not vote for the list of six, then I'm as pleased as a pig in shit. Just to ask again: Why is trying to find a convert better then an initial thing?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:12 PM   #347
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
I don't recall *ever* saying going after a convert over an/the original. If I implied it somewhere, whoops.

But then again, I'm not particularly targeting EITHER side. Shooting in the dark, seeing what happens. I'm hoping after another day of talking/voting patterns, I can make a more informed judgement.
Coffee I only included you because of your vote on a non-list person.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:12 PM   #348
st.cronin
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
I don't recall *ever* saying going after a convert over an/the original. If I implied it somewhere, whoops.

But then again, I'm not particularly targeting EITHER side. Shooting in the dark, seeing what happens. I'm hoping after another day of talking/voting patterns, I can make a more informed judgement.

Exactly. Finding an original or convert would be an equally good thing at this point. But there's not enough information to rule out anybody, even Jeebs, who could have been converted.
__________________
co-commish: bb-bbcf.net

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:13 PM   #349
Barkeep49
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Not too far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Because the list of suspects from day 1 is bullshit. It's just a wag based on nothing substantial. We don't even know if Qwik was a Thing or not, so we can't make any connections to him.

UNVOTE DUBB

VOTE BARKEEP
Yeah but voting for the only fucker to find a Thing? That's substantial. But like I said bring em on. I got 2 votes. Who's next?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:14 PM   #350
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Good. I'm glad to take the votes. I mean it wastes a fucking day, but so what? People don't seem want to find a thing, so might as well clear me for a day. Still don't get why I'm better then the list of six, but if people are going to not vote for the list of six, then I'm as pleased as a pig in shit. Just to ask again: Why is trying to find a convert better then an initial thing?
In my mind, i think taking a stab in the dark is a bad move when we have you claiming you killed qwikshot, and he was a thing. We dont know if he was a thing, or even if you are a good guy. So in my mind, clearing you today and therefore damning qwik will give us a set trail to follow. Taking a random stab at your list will likely clear a random person for one day. I see a vote for you being far more productive. Is that a good reason buddy?
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.