Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-16-2006, 04:41 PM   #201
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE BARKEEP

I can vouche that this isn't just a "simple" game as far as roles go, atleast after seeing my role and seeing what was in McKerney's room.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:44 PM   #202
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm very puzzled by Blade's comments ... they seem desperate. I just want to point out that in game's past he typically draws a lot of suspicion as a good guy. I'm not sure how he would play were he a maniac, but something doesn't feel right. I do trust Barkeep, since I think him and I are in a similiar place.

for now

UNVOTE BLADE

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:49 PM   #203
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
VOTE BARKEEP

I can vouche that this isn't just a "simple" game as far as roles go, atleast after seeing my role and seeing what was in McKerney's room.

This post has the ring of authenticity, but I believe your conclusions are wrong. Of course, this is werewolf, so that's not a knock on your iq or anything.

knives out
Old 05-16-2006, 04:50 PM   #204
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vote Ardent Enthusiast
Old 05-16-2006, 05:03 PM   #205
Tyrith
College Starter

From reading prior games it does seem that Blade gets a lot of undue heat because of his skilled play and occasionally abrasive personality. It would make a great cover for mischief if he didn't get killed early, but he's dancing with flame too much for me to believe he's a maniac right now.

However, Barkeep's generalization concerns me, as it seems to contradict with everything I've seen so far. This is definately subject to change, but for now:

VOTE BARKEEP
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:15 PM   #206
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Vote Ardent Enthusiast

Dude, get djibouti back into WW, i miss you.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:23 PM   #207
Schmidty
Coordinator

In my game, the people who floated under the radar were the WWs (other than hoops), and I think the same thing will be the case in this game.

Vote tanglewood
Old 05-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #208
path12
Coordinator

You can braid intestines, you know.

Unvote Cronin
Vote Lathum
Old 05-16-2006, 05:57 PM   #209
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
In my game, the people who floated under the radar were the WWs (other than hoops), and I think the same thing will be the case in this game.

Vote tanglewood

Look Blade I'm appearing when people are talking about me again!

Well, I was 'under the radar' in the last game and not a wolf, and so far in this game have been more active (middle of the pack I'd guess) and am not a wolf again. So....

I really don't understand why Barkeep is being gone after just because he has said he doesn't have anything to hide, or any special role. I know it's day two and we don't have much, but that's totally spurious grounds for an acusation methinks.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:04 PM   #210
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Vote count by my reckoning:

Barkeep: Lathum [190], Blade [200], Dubb [201], Tyrith [205]
Blade: Anxiety [194], Barkeep [199]
Tanglewood: SnDvls [193], Schmitdy [207]
Lathum: Tanglewood [196], Path [208]
Dubb: Saldana [189]

Not Voted: Qwikshot, St. Cronin

Last edited by tanglewood : 05-16-2006 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:14 PM   #211
saldana
Pro Starter

i have the beginnings of both a circle of trust and a suspect list working, which i will most likely reveal later on after the vote.

and since my venn diagram is intersecting with his name in bright lights,
unvote dubb93
vote Barkeep49

it really helps in this game when you are a mathmetician...my great grandfather actually created the pythagorean theorem.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:21 PM   #212
st.cronin
General Manager

Vote Lathum

knives out
Old 05-16-2006, 06:49 PM   #213
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well cronin and barkeep are becoming a pair, and dubb, myself, and tyrith are starting to align, with saldana trying to attach himself it would seem. Interesting how this will play out
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:53 PM   #214
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Well cronin and barkeep are becoming a pair, and dubb, myself, and tyrith are starting to align, with saldana trying to attach himself it would seem. Interesting how this will play out

i dont really like the connotation of that statement... i happen to agree with you, that doesnt mean i am trying to attach myself to you...my reasons for agreement actually have actually nothing to do with you, other than i am not prepared to vote for someone who could be valuable to our catching the maniacs without good reason. and speaking of attachments...when i was born,i had a conjoined fetus on my ass...its still there....wanna see?
Old 05-16-2006, 06:55 PM   #215
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i dont really like the connotation of that statement... i happen to agree with you, that doesnt mean i am trying to attach myself to you...my reasons for agreement actually have actually nothing to do with you, other than i am not prepared to vote for someone who could be valuable to our catching the maniacs without good reason. and speaking of attachments...when i was born,i had a conjoined fetus on my ass...its still there....wanna see?
I dont care to see, but thank you. Im merely stating that cronin and barkeep have attached together by saying they believe themselves to be in the same boat, and i believe dubb, myself, and possibly tyrinth are in the same boat. The fact you unvoted dubb and voted barkeep is why i said it...im just commenting, not accusing...but those two groups are forming like it or not
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

Last edited by Blade6119 : 05-16-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #216
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

The fact that you publically said that means you are either A) trustworthy and not afraid to admit who you trust, or B) You (the homicidal psychos)are splitting your circles of trust between each other so that you cannot be linked.

I don't know which one is true, but it'll be interesting to observe this situation.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #217
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I dont care to see, but thank you. Im merely stating that cronin and barkeep have attached together by saying they believe themselves to be in the same boat, and i believe dubb, myself, and possibly tyrinth are in the same boat. The fact you unvoted dubb and voted barkeep is why i said it...im just commenting, not accusing...but those two groups are forming like it or not

Do you think there is any significance in the groupings?

knives out
Old 05-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #218
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dola.

You should know better than to edit your post Blade. It's a blatant disregard to WW rules.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:59 PM   #219
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
The fact that you publically said that means you are either A) trustworthy and not afraid to admit who you trust, or B) You (the homicidal psychos)are splitting your circles of trust between each other so that you cannot be linked.

I don't know which one is true, but it'll be interesting to observe this situation.

I assume B is probably true, regardless of which side Blade is on. It would be crazy for the badguys to link themselves together.

knives out
Old 05-16-2006, 07:00 PM   #220
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola.

You should know better than to edit your post Blade. It's a blatant disregard to WW rules.
Agreed, but i made a statement to him about something i said, which i realized i never actually said...i came off as a prick, and defending something i never said.

Though, to be fair, the editing posts was about posts with votes in them if im not mistaken. The problem with it is if people go back in the future they dont see a different post...if editing less then a minute after posting i cheated, im sorry.
Demotivation
Old 05-16-2006, 07:03 PM   #221
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Do you think there is any significance in the groupings?
I would think so only for dubb and myself/barkeep and cronin...past that no...i dont know if barkeep and cronin really are just simple, but i have a role and a power(not one that i can use, but a power), as well as king saying we were all unique and mckerney coming up with his french role...i just find it very hard to believe king would say we are all unique, but cronin and barkeep are both simple villagers...that make sense to you?
Demotivation
Old 05-16-2006, 07:04 PM   #222
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

I think trying to form ideas about groups this early is tad dangerous. It's still only day 2 and we haven't even had a night kill to throw us any information, so I think most people are still going on hunches. It would be very unwise to get into an us v them mindset so early when we know so little.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:04 PM   #223
Blade6119
Coordinator

and past that no, as now the wolves will pick sides or avoid it...it only really works for people who first brought up the debate...now, and even before tyrinth posted, it is moot...but for those 4 it should hold fairly true
Demotivation
Old 05-16-2006, 07:06 PM   #224
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
I think trying to form ideas about groups this early is tad dangerous. It's still only day 2 and we haven't even had a night kill to throw us any information, so I think most people are still going on hunches. It would be very unwise to get into an us v them mindset so early when we know so little.
Unless im mistaken though, we have no conversions(besides cursed or blessed)...so using what we can to get groups of trust is important unlike last game...as its highly unlikely players will be switching sides this game
Demotivation
Old 05-16-2006, 07:08 PM   #225
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Unless im mistaken though, we have no conversions(besides cursed or blessed)...so using what we can to get groups of trust is important unlike last game...as its highly unlikely players will be switching sides this game

Agreed. It's very important we figure out how to win THIS game, not the last game.

knives out
Old 05-16-2006, 07:08 PM   #226
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Yes I agree that circles of trust are important. Just that it's still only day 2 so I think we can't really start to form them yet.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:10 PM   #227
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes I agree that circles of trust are important. Just that it's still only day 2 so I think we can't really start to form them yet.
And when do we? After they kill a few players? I think we were given information three times this game...our intitial roles, the first lynch, and the first night. I believe we must use all three as best we can and not wait for king to hand-feed us info(which he wont do)...waiting in WW is always a very bad thing, no matter what the topic.
Demotivation
Old 05-16-2006, 07:14 PM   #228
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
And when do we? After they kill a few players? I think we were given information three times this game...our intitial roles, the first lynch, and the first night. I believe we must use all three as best we can and not wait for king to hand-feed us info(which he wont do)...waiting in WW is always a very bad thing, no matter what the topic.

What info did we get last night? If there is a witness role, he hasn't come forward yet. I guess that there is a bodyguard, and he was, amazingly targeted last night. If that's the case, he should come forward, because he's definitely getting homicided tonight.

knives out
Old 05-16-2006, 07:18 PM   #229
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Ok then:

Intial Roles - The only thing that has remotely come up here is Barkeep saying that he has nothing to hide and is a regular patient. To me this is trivial, as I think it can be fairly obvious that even you have a creative description etc. you still are a plain good guy.

First Lynch - we lynched a good guy, I effectively placed the deciding vote so am most supsicious I guess. However, in my experience day 1 votes are a crapshoot and thus trying to read much into them is risky at best.

First Night - Nothing happened. So either a conversion, a body guard block or the maniacs can't kill every night.

So, from that info, how can we form a circle of trust? Unles I've missed something, then I don't think we've really very much concrete to go on, other than 'you're voting the same way as me' which is very easy for the bad guys to manipulate.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #230
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
What info did we get last night? If there is a witness role, he hasn't come forward yet. I guess that there is a bodyguard, and he was, amazingly targeted last night. If that's the case, he should come forward, because he's definitely getting homicided tonight.
Im betting either the bodyguard protected somelike like myself who claimed a role before night one actions were sent(i claimed one, and i think one or two others gave out their patient numbers which might imply) and got lucky, or they hit a cursed/blessed and we will never know. I highly doubt the bodyguard was targeted and protected himself. There was enough info out there yesterday to pick a potential night target(dubb saying his role is a doozie screams protect if hes not bad)
Demotivation
Old 05-16-2006, 07:20 PM   #231
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Unles I've missed something, then I don't think we've really very much concrete to go on.

That is, of course, the whole point of werewolf.

knives out
Old 05-16-2006, 07:21 PM   #232
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Im betting either the bodyguard protected somelike like myself who claimed a role before night one actions were sent(i claimed one, and i think one or two others gave out their patient numbers which might imply) and got lucky, or they hit a cursed/blessed and we will never know. I highly doubt the bodyguard was targeted and protected himself. There was enough info out there yesterday to pick a potential night target(dubb saying his role is a doozie screams protect if hes not bad)

I've never been the bodyguard, but I can't believe a bodyguard wouldn't protect himself night 1.

knives out
Old 05-16-2006, 07:23 PM   #233
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I've never been the bodyguard, but I can't believe a bodyguard wouldn't protect himself night 1.
If people are claiming roles on day one, which i did, it might be prudent...just saying, why take a shot in the dark as a wolf when i a claiming a role...if you claimed a role day 1 and i was bodyguard i would prob. protect you or consider it
Demotivation
Old 05-16-2006, 07:25 PM   #234
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just got back!!! My lady is sitting on a coach waiting for me to get off the computer so I can't stay long, however I just got caught up, and I have to say that I find Barkeep's actions suspicious. I felt Blade was a little off, but I'm not too sure of that. It was better than nothing.

But now. Barkeep feels foul, to quote Tolkein.

Unvote Blade

Vote Barkeep

-Anxiety

I'll probably be able to pop back in a few.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:27 PM   #235
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Just got back!!! My lady is sitting on a coach waiting for me to get off the computer so I can't stay long, however I just got caught up, and I have to say that I find Barkeep's actions suspicious. I felt Blade was a little off, but I'm not too sure of that. It was better than nothing.

But now. Barkeep feels foul, to quote Tolkein.

Unvote Blade

Vote Barkeep

-Anxiety

I'll probably be able to pop back in a few.

Late switches on guys who are already doomed always stink of WWs.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:30 PM   #236
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok then:

Intial Roles - The only thing that has remotely come up here is Barkeep saying that he has nothing to hide and is a regular patient. To me this is trivial, as I think it can be fairly obvious that even you have a creative description etc. you still are a plain good guy.

First Lynch - we lynched a good guy, I effectively placed the deciding vote so am most supsicious I guess. However, in my experience day 1 votes are a crapshoot and thus trying to read much into them is risky at best.

First Night - Nothing happened. So either a conversion, a body guard block or the maniacs can't kill every night.

So, from that info, how can we form a circle of trust? Unles I've missed something, then I don't think we've really very much concrete to go on, other than 'you're voting the same way as me' which is very easy for the bad guys to manipulate.
Initial roles, i recieved info, which i wont share for rule reasons or for later confirmation reasons, about my place in the asylum, my personal details, and a power granted upon me. Things about it and the way it was presented to me make me reach certain conclusions for now i dare not share.

Lynch one, king gives us too major things...first and foremost he says this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Despite the oddities that each of you possess
That tells me no one is just a vanilla villager(which barkeep claims to be..not just a villager, he said vanilla, no role, the shebang...that statement in the lynch leads to be believe thats an utter and total lie(for better or worse).

He also states this about mckerney:
Quote:
You all enter Loxcroix’s room and you find a bunch of tiny French flags torn apart. You also find a list with the some names on it. However, there is no medication in sight and alas you do not think he has been working with Dr. Widger
Futher confirming special roles were bestowed upon all of us...what the signifigance of his role was, i dont know...but it was a role, not a vanilla villager.

Then the night came:
Quote:
Night has fallen on the asylum and each of you head back to your cells. You all wonder if the scene from last night will repeat itself.

Will Dr. Widger send out his homicidal maniacs? Who will they target? Who will not survive? These are the thoughts that race through your mind as you prepare to sleep.

The night passes and a new day begins. Some think they might have heard footsteps outside their cell. Some claim to have slept through the night. What you all know for a fact is that nobody is missing.

Did you send a message yesterday by killing mckerney? Are the maniacs intimidated by your recent show of force? Only time will tell.

BEGIN DAY 2
The key in that to me is that some people heared footsteps, or think they did...telling me the wolves were out and about last night...the fact no bodyguard has come forward means one of three things:they hit a cursed, they can only kill every other night(meaning more killers to start), or the bodyguard didnt protect himself but made the save.

So working with those details, i assume we all have a unique role, none of this vanilla crap, the things were out last night, and we prob. got either very lucky or unlucky last night(bodyguard protect or cursed)
Demotivation
Old 05-16-2006, 07:30 PM   #237
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Well, it looks like I'm going to be dissapointed this evening. I've no idea on Blade or anyone who's voting for him, but I'm pretty sure Barkeep is clean.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:31 PM   #238
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
ya, anxietys action just screams wolf to me...
Demotivation
Old 05-16-2006, 07:37 PM   #239
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Initial roles, i recieved info, which i wont share for rule reasons or for later confirmation reasons, about my place in the asylum, my personal details, and a power granted upon me. Things about it and the way it was presented to me make me reach certain conclusions for now i dare not share.

Lynch one, king gives us too major things...first and foremost he says this:
That tells me no one is just a vanilla villager(which barkeep claims to be..not just a villager, he said vanilla, no role, the shebang...that statement in the lynch leads to be believe thats an utter and total lie(for better or worse).

He also states this about mckerney:
Futher confirming special roles were bestowed upon all of us...what the signifigance of his role was, i dont know...but it was a role, not a vanilla villager.

Then the night came:

The key in that to me is that some people heared footsteps, or think they did...telling me the wolves were out and about last night...the fact no bodyguard has come forward means one of three things:they hit a cursed, they can only kill every other night(meaning more killers to start), or the bodyguard didnt protect himself but made the save.

So working with those details, i assume we all have a unique role, none of this vanilla crap, the things were out last night, and we prob. got either very lucky or unlucky last night(bodyguard protect or cursed)

I don't think the intial King necessarily means we all have a role, after all we all have 'oddities', we are in an asylum after all....

On mckerny's stuff found in his room, there have been games before where people have been betowed unique characteristics/possesions without any power (off the top of my head the samurai game and I *think* the star wars game too) that were mentioned when they were lynched. I'm not too sure what the list may symbolise if he did have a role, seer perhaps?

On the footsteps, good catch actually. I did read it but didn't necessarily connect with what significance it might have. I now think it is pretty likely they made a conversion last night.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:38 PM   #240
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

i disagree. i have 2 distinct circles forming, and am pretty sure about both my lists.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:40 PM   #241
st.cronin
General Manager

I think it's odd that Blade says somebody taking a vote OFF of him is wolf-like. I agree with Schmidty's point in principle.

knives out
Old 05-16-2006, 07:44 PM   #242
Blade6119
Coordinator

Sndvls, your around...lets hear some talk out of you...so far you have checked in, voted, and voted...thats out of character for you
Demotivation
Old 05-16-2006, 07:45 PM   #243
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My lady friend just left for the night. So now I'm back. We just saw MI3, which, although she liked, I must say really blew. It was too derivitive. Do I need to go into detail of my date in order to prove that I did it?

It was the time I came back tonight and got caught up. Sorry if it looked suspicious. Hopefully, we'll nail Barkeep and then you'll agree with my feeling.

Of course, I voted for Barkeep a bunch last game and was wrong every time, so as far as that goes, maybe my intuition isn't trustworthy.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:50 PM   #244
Blade6119
Coordinator

so is the deadline in 10 minutes? if so, i might be up for an anxiety swap if everyone else is...otherwise right now barkeep goes
Demotivation
Old 05-16-2006, 07:50 PM   #245
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
BS, from everything ive been told in private and seen in this game(especially the lynch post), your lying
This smells of trouble. How is it that you have private info? If it's not in game, then I'm not unhappy being voted off.

Quote:
...you want to draw lines, fine..it doesnt bother me one bit if i die today, but it will be your undoing if it happens.

VOTE BARKEEP
So when I come up clean it's your undoing, right? Cause that's what's going to happen in 10 minutes.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #246
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
so is the deadline in 10 minutes? if so, i might be up for an anxiety swap if everyone else is...otherwise right now barkeep goes

I would be willing to work this.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:54 PM   #247
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So Blade has been on this kick against me longer then anybody. It's the people that come after, such as dubb, who "rings true", and Anxiety, who concern me with his "feels bad" thing. Also of concern is cronin. A wolf backing a person who comes up innocent makes him look good. Wolves, don't forget, have good voting records in the first two days and I compiled the statistical evidence to prove it.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #248
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
This smells of trouble. How is it that you have private info? If it's not in game, then I'm not unhappy being voted off.

So when I come up clean it's your undoing, right? Cause that's what's going to happen in 10 minutes.
In private=my PMs with king about my role and clarifications about it

As for your death, when you die i will most likely die very shortly after...i dont doubt that fact, which i why i would advocate a late swap to anxiety
Demotivation
Old 05-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #249
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Are you kidding? You want to start a late bandwagon on a guy? That's much more wolf-like than Anxiety's play.

knives out
Old 05-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #250
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Current Votes (unofficial):

Barkeep: Lathum [190], Blade [200], Dubb [201], Tyrith [205], Saldana [211], Anxiety [234]
Tanglewood: SnDvls [193], Schmitdy [207]
Lathum: Tanglewood [196], Path [208], St. Cronin [212]
Blade: Barkeep [199]

Not Voted: Qwikshot