Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2006, 11:56 PM   #201
Blade6119
Coordinator

Schmidty is like a camel. He drinks it all one night in early march, and then can call upon it at will over the year and be drunk in a second. Quite a useful skill really
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:57 PM   #202
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
How much have you had to drink tonight?

I'm 4-5. I had a few glasses of tang.

Got any MRs that are worth a damn?
Old 06-18-2006, 11:57 PM   #203
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty

If I had made that "dang", it would have rhymed.

Dang.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:59 PM   #204
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Schmidty is like a camel. He drinks it all one night in early march, and then can call upon it at will over the year and be drunk in a second. Quite a useful skill really

Hmmm.

Camels are found in Egypt. Maybe Schmidty is an undead, two-humped camel in this game?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:59 PM   #205
Blade6119
Coordinator

Umm, and to note, cronin now has 3 votes on him...thats interesting when were all "random"
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:59 PM   #206
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Check out my boy William Usher. He can be had.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:03 AM   #207
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Check out my boy William Usher. He can be had.

Very good ratings, but awful ERA. What's up with that?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:04 AM   #208
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Umm, and to note, cronin now has 3 votes on him...thats interesting when were all "random"

If he hadn't voted for me, Sparky, I would have voted for Random 3 minutes before the deadline as usual.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:06 AM   #209
Vince
Pro Starter

Just in case I sleep in late, and have to rush to work tomorrow, I'll throw out my vote now. No rhyme nor reason whatsoever, just putting a vote out there.

Vote Tyrith.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:07 AM   #210
Vince
Pro Starter

And now I'm off to play WoW. I'll probably check back in before I go to bed -- leave me something fun to come back to, Schmidty
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:08 AM   #211
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Never ask that again. You don;t know what you may unleash!

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:16 AM   #212
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Very good ratings, but awful ERA. What's up with that?

He is from East Lansing and wants to play close to home because he hates being in the Bronx.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:16 AM   #213
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
And now I'm off to play WoW. I'll probably check back in before I go to bed -- leave me something fun to come back to, Schmidty

Hey Vince, if you are interested in getting into another OOTP league, let me know. We have an opening and Bug said you might be interested.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:23 AM   #214
kingfc22
Head Coach

Still trying to get a grasp of this rule set. I definately don't see any benefit in lynching path. Just to risky of a move IMO to start with on day 1.

As far as cronin having 3 votes. That seems a little fishy at this point, but it is still early and things will surely change tomorrow once the group is here.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:16 AM   #215
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So there are three votes on cronin. Pretty soon the anti-vote for cronin bandwagon will be in full swing and cronin will never seriously be a lynch target.

I also think this rash of "random" votes is terrible. A real aid to the bad guys.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:01 AM   #216
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
From the last rookie to the next one, peace, love, happiness, and all that jazz. Let's all share the love!

VOTE BULLETSPONGE

EEK! well if thats the case im voting for TYRITH
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:22 AM   #217
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
So there are three votes on cronin. Pretty soon the anti-vote for cronin bandwagon will be in full swing and cronin will never seriously be a lynch target.

I also think this rash of "random" votes is terrible. A real aid to the bad guys.

Then how should we vote first day? in my 3-4 ww games, I've never known.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:43 AM   #218
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I find the stretch to come up with a pretext useful in the long run. No one should give it too much weight but SOMETHING is always better then nothing in this game for the good guys I believe.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:12 AM   #219
Barkeep49
Coordinator

While I don't like it, I do understand the lack of discussion behind a vote. So perhaps today's discussion could be more fruitfully centered around which roles we think are in the game. I have already posted my thoughts, and perhaps others have insights as well?
Old 06-19-2006, 09:13 AM   #220
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote Vince

He chose WoW over WW. Insanity. And as everyone knows, necromancers are insane.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:18 AM   #221
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
So perhaps today's discussion could be more fruitfully centered around which roles we think are in the game. I have already posted my thoughts, and perhaps others have insights as well?

With this many people, the obvious line is "most of them." I'm gonna guess 4 necromancers are out there, for starters. With 22 people, it might even be 5, but I think the safe bet is 4.

The big thing I think we may have to watch out for is overlapping roles. The rules stated some roles may be around more than once, and with this many people, I think it's certainly possible. So, unfortunately, we can't 100% rely on someone claiming a role and someone popping in to refute them.

(AND it makes false reveals easier.)
Old 06-19-2006, 09:46 AM   #222
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Coffee, I happen to agree trying to figure out the good guys is harder then the bad guys. So what distribution do you see on the 4 bad guy roles?

I would guess of the 16 described roles that could be in the game at the start we have 12 or 13 of them. Even with some dupes this does make for quite a few vanilla villagers.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-19-2006 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:49 AM   #223
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I personally feel there are more than 4 bad guys. I'm trying to understand these rules, and keep re-reading them. Hopefully by the end of today I'll have a better grasp of how the various sides all play out. However I think there has to be more than 4 guys. In a standard WW game of 22 people, 4 bad guys would be pretty reasonable. In this game the bad guys do not know each other and I believe they also have to eliminate all of us. Not just tie us in numbers. Those two things make this much tougher for them. I would not be suprised to see 5 or even 6 bad guys.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #224
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Coffee, I happen to agree trying to figure out the good guys is harder then the bad guys. So what distribution do you see on the 4 bad guy roles?

I would guess of the 16 described roles that could be in the game at the start we have 12 or 13 of them. Even with some dupes this does make for quite a few vanilla villagers.

Think you're mistaken on how those roles work.

There are 9+1 (pharoah) egyptian roles. The other ones are add-ons. So you could have a Fanatic Soothsayer, if I understand things correctly. Which means, I'm betting we definately have more than a few dupes, though some of them might have extra abilities, and some might not.

At least that's how I understand it to work. I'll get back to you on the first part of your question. Gotta read their roles.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #225
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I counted all roles, good, bad, and neutral. I see no provision in the rules that a person can have more than 1 role, simply that there might be more OF a role.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:04 AM   #226
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I personally feel there are more than 4 bad guys. I'm trying to understand these rules, and keep re-reading them. Hopefully by the end of today I'll have a better grasp of how the various sides all play out. However I think there has to be more than 4 guys. In a standard WW game of 22 people, 4 bad guys would be pretty reasonable. In this game the bad guys do not know each other and I believe they also have to eliminate all of us. Not just tie us in numbers. Those two things make this much tougher for them. I would not be suprised to see 5 or even 6 bad guys.
I'm more willing to buy this idea the more I think about it. Clearly there are quite a few bad guy limitations that we normally don't have. Can anyone see any good guy limitations that we don't normally have?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:08 AM   #227
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Well since I have to go to work soon and I won't be home til after the deadline I have to vote for someone. I have no idea who to vote for tho so since he voted for me...

Vote St. Cronin
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #228
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Why is there such a huge run up on St. cronin on day 1? Did you sleep with everyone's sister?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:31 AM   #229
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
Hey, maybe this will be the game that I stop trying to kill path!

I would certainly appreciate that.

Just getting here and am catching up. Based on all the information I have (which isn't a lot), the Pharaoh is good.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:52 AM   #230
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So you're not sure path if you're a good guy or a bad guy? That's reassuring
Old 06-19-2006, 11:20 AM   #231
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm not so sure that the ruling class should reveal themselves. Doesn't that make them prime for assassination? So far, all we know about the ruling class is that they are required to hang the pharoah. What good does it do us to know who they are, since knowing that doesn't tell us if they're good or evil? And, if they reveal themselves and get assassinated, doesn't that mean that we're more likely to get necromancers in the ruling class?
Old 06-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #232
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

just got caught up. Plain villager checking in.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:40 AM   #233
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
I'm not so sure that the ruling class should reveal themselves. Doesn't that make them prime for assassination? So far, all we know about the ruling class is that they are required to hang the pharoah. What good does it do us to know who they are, since knowing that doesn't tell us if they're good or evil? And, if they reveal themselves and get assassinated, doesn't that mean that we're more likely to get necromancers in the ruling class?

yeah the main thing I am struggling with is that in most WW games the bad guys have less people but upper hand in knowledge of what is around. In this game they don't know what they have on their side either, but I'm guessing have more people. In some ways I think arguably we have more information in this game right now than the bad guys do.

So I'm trying to figure out who it actually benefits the more information we give out about neutral roles such as ruling classes right now.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:15 PM   #234
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok one advantage is that once the bad guys figure out who each other are, it's likely they could commit more then 1 kill a night. Even now, assuming 4 bad guys, on average 2 players will be able to kill each night, should that be their preference.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:34 PM   #235
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
So you're not sure path if you're a good guy or a bad guy? That's reassuring

I have no doubt right now that I'm good. I don't know if hoops has any tricks up his sleeve or not as we progress, so I was covering all bases there.....

So here's my question. I can't see where there would be any drawback to me issuing an order to protect the Elite Guard nightly. Anyone see a flaw in that?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:43 PM   #236
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

Dude, you play WoW too? Very cool.

My wife and I have been playing since the game came out, though she plays more than me. We're on the Bronzebeard server, in a guild called Azeroth's Peril - www.azerothsperil.com . We've got like 250+ members and my wife is an Officer. She's also in charge of recruiting, so if you ever want to join, just let her know (I put in a good word). Her name is Chauncey (named after Chauncey Billups, her favorite Piston), and my name is Ez (because I hate people with long names).

It'd be really cool to see an FOFCer in the game. We have a blast, and even though we do a lot of high-level raiding, we're like a big family.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:47 PM   #237
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia

Any votes for the Pharaoh would constitute coming out as ruling class as far as I'm concerned.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:47 PM   #238
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I have no doubt right now that I'm good. I don't know if hoops has any tricks up his sleeve or not as we progress, so I was covering all bases there.....

So here's my question. I can't see where there would be any drawback to me issuing an order to protect the Elite Guard nightly. Anyone see a flaw in that?

issuing an order for the elite guard to protect someone nightly or for someone else to protect the elite guard? I think I'm confused since my understanding was the elite guard was the bodyguard and could protect anyone. but could only protect the same person two nights in a row if you ordered them to..

if you meant any downside to you telling them to protect someone every day, then i would say that would end up causing him to never protect anyone I think considering the bad guys would know who not to go for.

if you meant someone else to protect the bodyguard.. I guess I didnt know anyone else could.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:49 PM   #239
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Public Roles:
- Pharoah: duke role, keeps it if he lynches a necromancer.
Can only be day lynched if all three members of the ruling class are all in faction voting for him. Can issue a protet order to Elite Guard if desired (night action).

Alan, this is where my question came from.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:50 PM   #240
path12
Coordinator

And dola, reading it over maybe it means that I can tell the Elite Guard who to protect?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #241
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

yeah, read the elite guard's role.. I think from it, it means you tell him who to protect. if you give him no order then he chooses.

I think my personal choice is if someone comes out as an important role and the elite guard protects him. you then can come out and order them to protect them another day in a row. possibly continuously to keep them alive even?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #242
hoopsguy
General Manager

To clarify on this point - the Pharoah can PM me an order for who he wants the Elite Guard to protect. This would supercede the PM I get from the Elite Guard (assuming this role is in the game). If the Pharoah does not issue such an order, then the Elite Guard would be left to his own devices on who to protect.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:01 PM   #243
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, Alan T is correct that the Pharoah can issue an order that would allow the Elite Guard to protect someone for multiple evenings. Although the Elite Guard cannot issue his own order to protect someone for back-to-back nights, the Pharoah has no such restrictions and can order continuous protects on the same person night after night.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:05 PM   #244
Passacaglia
Coordinator

What if there is more than one Elite Guard?
Old 06-19-2006, 01:06 PM   #245
path12
Coordinator

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:10 PM   #246
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Does the pharoh have to know who the elite guard is before they can issue this order?
Old 06-19-2006, 01:15 PM   #247
hoopsguy
General Manager

The Pharoah does not have to know who the guard is before issuing an order.

In terms of multiple holders of the role, the Pharoah can only issue his order to one person - he would not be able to issue two or more sets of orders in hopes that there are multiple parties. If an Elite Guard is moved off his protect by Pharoah's order he will be informed of this via PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #248
saldana
Pro Starter

as is wont to happen on the first day of all WW games,

vote dubb93

as always, subject to change if needed.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:29 PM   #249
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok so I think this is pretty clear: path should definitely issue a protection order tonight. In this way if someone later claims to be the guard we have a statement to test against. If we get a new pharoh same deal, on the first night of that pharoh's rule he issues a protect order so we have something to verify a statement from the elite guard.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:38 PM   #250
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok so I think this is pretty clear: path should definitely issue a protection order tonight. In this way if someone later claims to be the guard we have a statement to test against. If we get a new pharoh same deal, on the first night of that pharoh's rule he issues a protect order so we have something to verify a statement from the elite guard.

makes sense to me.