Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 01:08 AM   #401
kingfc22
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Geez, what a nightmare of a start. Not to sure what to think of bullet. If he is an assassin, there is no way for us to be sure if he is good or bad. I'm fairly certain we will find at least one wolf amongst the realdeal voters.
__________________
Fan of SF Giants, 49ers, Sharks, Arsenal
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:26 AM   #402
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Catonsville, MD
I'm willing to be persuaded tomorrow, assuming I don't die tonight, and I'll read up on any cases someone wants to build.
__________________
Check one of my current weekly Magic columns!

/http://www.gatheringmagic.com/author/abesargent/

As of 8/15/13, my old column at StarCityGames is BACK TO WEEKLY BABY!

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/new...=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:16 AM   #403
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
So some things that made me curious about today..

I wasnt suprised we killed a good guy, we usually do on day 1. I am suprised at how so many people just -knew- he was good or -knew- he was bad. I had no clue one way or another, and just figured it was not worth the risk vs the reward to lynch him on a hunch just yet. If you suspect him as a wolf, let him live a bit and see who he allies up with. Just don't do the wolves work for them.

On the other hand, it was a little amazing to me a few people just -knew- he was good too. I don't know how folks know this stuff on day 1 when we just have hunches to go on...


The other thing that made me curious was what were you doing during all of that Goldeneagle? You threw out three random votes without any explanation during it all. Im puzzled why you picked me when I was perhaps the only one with a logical reason to have a vote on Bulletsponge. My vote was because he very clearly said last game that he wanted to play the next time he was a wolf by trying to be out and open it some and see if he could just hide in plain sight. He started off this game that way, I called him on it and he did not deny it or stop. So I voted for him. Not a great reason on day 3 or 4, but for day 1, thats good enough to fly.

Chances are Bulletsponge was a good guy to and we had all this fuss over nothing, I'm just intrigued by some people's actions today.

I am very suspicious of GE's actions. He would seem to have information about who is a wolf from his power of smell, and suggests such, but doesn't ever give us anything to go on? If you have this power and are good, why just suggest? Why not make a stronger and more directed accusation? Why would you ignore requests from others here to explain yourself? If you don't have this power and are good, what exactly are you trying to do? Lead us down false paths? Set yourself up as someone to protect because of our belief you have this power when you don't?

Or is this all just you jumping on what we have read in the narrative and trying to be a clever "hide in plain sight" player?

And that is all above and beyond the weird vote patterns, and avoiding the vote at first when we were in a dead heat? All of this just smacks of weirdness. Too weird for me. It's too weird for a bad guy either, I think, because it is too much in the open, and so much can go wrong with playing this way so early on.

Remember, everyone, we have more than one type of bad guy here, and the other bad guy wants Chaos dead, too. There are mutants among us, and I believe GE is one of these mutants. Even his power suggests mutant ability, although that's probably not meant to be the case (I don't think tangle would make it that obvious).

GE may not be a bad guy, but he seems every bit someone who isnt entirely working with us to catch the bad guys either.

I can't vote yet (before the night action, and won't be able to until close to the deadline tomorrow), but unless someone puts up a compelling case tomorrow for someone else, or if the night actions make a lynch obvious, I will be voting for GoldenEagle.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:57 AM   #404
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
The night passes peacefully without major incident. You all arrive at the chamber for the days new council session in full compliment, RealDeal excepted of course.

Day 2 Deadline is 9PM EST
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:59 AM   #405
st.cronin
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Mexico
VOTE KINGFC

I have a very busy day, so I wanted to cast a vote for a guy who I thought stayed in the background on day 1.
__________________
co-commish: bb-bbcf.net

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:07 AM   #406
Swaggs
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Almost Heaven
Not much going on today, so far.

I will have a scattered day with work, but will try to check back in at lunchtime.
__________________
DOWN WITH HATTRICK!!!
The RWBL
Are you reading In The Bleachers?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #407
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Little Rock, AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
I am very suspicious of GE's actions. He would seem to have information about who is a wolf from his power of smell, and suggests such, but doesn't ever give us anything to go on? If you have this power and are good, why just suggest? Why not make a stronger and more directed accusation? Why would you ignore requests from others here to explain yourself? If you don't have this power and are good, what exactly are you trying to do? Lead us down false paths? Set yourself up as someone to protect because of our belief you have this power when you don't?

I tried to warn everyone about RealDeal. I knew he was not chaos and came out and said so. No one listened to me then. That is also the reason for my strange voting.

The Alan T vote was totally random. I pulled his name out of a hat. I then saw that RealDeal was in trouble and that I needed to tie things up for RealDeal so that he could have a chance at advancing. I then simply got things mixed up and voted for BrianD instead of bulletsponge. My intention all along was to tie things up.

If I were chaos or mutant, why would I stick my neck out for RealDeal, who turned up clean?
__________________
Xbox 360 Gamer Tag: GoldenEagle014
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:26 AM   #408
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
I don't know if GoldenEagle is good or bad, but I think I now believe that we shouldn't give any extra weight to his actions. I was under the impression that he was trying to give us a clue by unvoting for Bullet after the results were finalized, but I now think that he has no special knowledge of anyone (or at least he didn't at that time), and we should treat his words like those of anyone else.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:34 AM   #409
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
i'm interested to see if anyone knows anything about last night....why isnt anyone dead...there are 3 possibilites

1. path is the only person that can kill at night and couldnt because he was in jail (extremely unlikely)

2. there was an attack that was somehow repelled (someone should have info)

3. there was a conversion (we are not likely to get any information)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:36 AM   #410
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
dola, option one should read St. Cronin, not path12
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:38 AM   #411
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Little Rock, AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
I don't know if GoldenEagle is good or bad, but I think I now believe that we shouldn't give any extra weight to his actions. I was under the impression that he was trying to give us a clue by unvoting for Bullet after the results were finalized, but I now think that he has no special knowledge of anyone (or at least he didn't at that time), and we should treat his words like those of anyone else.

I simply unvoted for bullet because my vote for the day came in too late and I did not want to cast a vote that early. No clue should have been taken from that.

But, it should be noted that I did try to shift the pressure off RealDeal.
__________________
Xbox 360 Gamer Tag: GoldenEagle014
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:40 AM   #412
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Little Rock, AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
2. there was an attack that was somehow repelled (someone should have info)

Why would anyone come out and reveal this? If someone protected X then they are going to become an instant target of the chaos.

*Where X is whoever
__________________
Xbox 360 Gamer Tag: GoldenEagle014
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:50 AM   #413
Alan T
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Why would anyone come out and reveal this? If someone protected X then they are going to become an instant target of the chaos.

*Where X is whoever


Someone who was protected by someone else would know they had been attacked but were protected. That is valuable information and not giving anything new to the bad guys.


Also you never responded to my post from last night GE.. Alot of it was directed to you.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:52 AM   #414
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
I simply unvoted for bullet because my vote for the day came in too late and I did not want to cast a vote that early. No clue should have been taken from that.

But, it should be noted that I did try to shift the pressure off RealDeal.

I do understand your unvote now, and it makes sense.

I'm not sure how much credit you get for trying to shift pressure off RealDeal since you had no way of knowing that he was good. Odds are good that whomever gets picked first will be good, so trying to shift pressure off of an initial lynching target rates as neutral at best.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #415
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Why would anyone come out and reveal this? If someone protected X then they are going to become an instant target of the chaos.

*Where X is whoever
as alan said (thanks for answering for me, alan, appreciate it)....if someone was attacked and defended, i dont want the defender to say a word, but the intended victim should know that their ass was saved....the bad guys know who they attacked, so if we get to know to, its the beginning of a circle.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #416
path12
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
I'm not sure what to think about GE. He certainly made it easy to suspect him by his switching around, and the last time he moved after the deadline was weird also. I don't think I'm ready to throw my vote over there yet though.

As for why there was no night kill, I agree with Saldana that a blocked attack seems most likely. We've already talked about the slim chance of conversion considering there are three sides here and only 18 or so players, and I really find it hard to believe that cronin is the only person who could kill at night.

Very curious all in all.
__________________
We have always been at war with Eastasia.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:18 AM   #417
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Should we ask how GoldenEagle "knew" RealDeal was not Chaos?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:18 AM   #418
twothree
College Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Geez, what a nightmare of a start. Not to sure what to think of bullet. If he is an assassin, there is no way for us to be sure if he is good or bad. I'm fairly certain we will find at least one wolf amongst the realdeal voters.

I don't think we will find any wolves among the realdeal voters, just misguided villagers.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:19 AM   #419
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree
I don't think we will find any wolves among the realdeal voters, just misguided villagers.

I disagree. With all the people that voted for him, odds are good that at least one of the voters was Chaos. If the Chaos know who each other is, it would be helpful for them to pile on the bandwagon.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #420
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Wisconsin
Don't discount bullet's group. At least people that were voting on realdeal had a reason. People were piling on pretty quick to bullet in the early going for absolutely no reason. Although, not sure how easily anyone could go from bullet to realdeal without questions being brought up.

Having said that.. my participation is going to be lower today than normal. (Birthday) so, I'll be out and about.
__________________
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #421
bulletsponge
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Geez, what a nightmare of a start. Not to sure what to think of bullet. If he is an assassin, there is no way for us to be sure if he is good or bad. I'm fairly certain we will find at least one wolf amongst the realdeal voters.
i am the leader of the assassins, i have some i can use to kill chaos or mutants if i suspect them.


Quote:
1. path is the only person that can kill at night and couldnt because he was in jail (extremely unlikely)

i can kill at night
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:28 AM   #422
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Little Rock, AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
The other thing that made me curious was what were you doing during all of that Goldeneagle? You threw out three random votes without any explanation during it all. Im puzzled why you picked me when I was perhaps the only one with a logical reason to have a vote on Bulletsponge. My vote was because he very clearly said last game that he wanted to play the next time he was a wolf by trying to be out and open it some and see if he could just hide in plain sight. He started off this game that way, I called him on it and he did not deny it or stop. So I voted for him. Not a great reason on day 3 or 4, but for day 1, thats good enough to fly.

Chances are Bulletsponge was a good guy to and we had all this fuss over nothing, I'm just intrigued by some people's actions today.

I already explained it a bit, but I will do it again. The vote for Alan T was random and I just pulled it out of a hat. I had no evidence on Day 1 on anyone except RealDeal, so I decided to cast a random vote and see what happens.

I then voted for BrianD without checking he was that one that RealDeal was up against. I got my b's mixed up and tried to change it to bulletsponge so that a tie could be created and that we could possibly save an innocent.
__________________
Xbox 360 Gamer Tag: GoldenEagle014
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:33 AM   #423
Alan T
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
I already explained it a bit, but I will do it again. The vote for Alan T was random and I just pulled it out of a hat. I had no evidence on Day 1 on anyone except RealDeal, so I decided to cast a random vote and see what happens.

I then voted for BrianD without checking he was that one that RealDeal was up against. I got my b's mixed up and tried to change it to bulletsponge so that a tie could be created and that we could possibly save an innocent.


No, I saw your response to why me. Doesn't make alot of sense to me to be picking someone out of the hat there with the votes the way they were, but if thats the reason then ok. The thing unanswered that I asked about last night and others have hinted upon today... You seem to be throwing around alot of things as "fact" right now.

You -knew- one of a few people were a wolf, yet didnt vote for one of them. When people asked about it, you avoided the question. You -knew- realdeal was good... people asked about it and you are avoiding it.

I guess my main curiosity right now is are you throwing these facts around as just a way to try to influence the vote, or do you really know these things?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:35 AM   #424
bulletsponge
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TX
i personally dont ever take peeps first day votes count against them because its just one big crap shoot,so im not going to hold yesterday against anyone.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:37 AM   #425
bulletsponge
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
I already explained it a bit, but I will do it again. The vote for Alan T was random and I just pulled it out of a hat. I had no evidence on Day 1 on anyone except RealDeal, so I decided to cast a random vote and see what happens.

I then voted for BrianD without checking he was that one that RealDeal was up against. I got my b's mixed up and tried to change it to bulletsponge so that a tie could be created and that we could possibly save an innocent.


that makes perfect sense, i cant keep up with who's who
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:42 AM   #426
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Little Rock, AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I guess my main curiosity right now is are you throwing these facts around as just a way to try to influence the vote, or do you really know these things?

I am not going to claim nor deny any special powers. But the fact of the matter is that I tired to shift the pressure off RealDeal and even changed my random vote to try to create a tie. RealDeal was clean.
__________________
Xbox 360 Gamer Tag: GoldenEagle014
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:44 AM   #427
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
I am not going to claim nor deny any special powers. But the fact of the matter is that I tired to shift the pressure off RealDeal and even changed my random vote to try to create a tie. RealDeal was clean.
So did you do anything last night? Do you have any new information about anyone? Did you "smell" any chaos last night, or can you confirm any good guys for us?
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:47 AM   #428
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
I am not going to claim nor deny any special powers. But the fact of the matter is that I tired to shift the pressure off RealDeal and even changed my random vote to try to create a tie. RealDeal was clean.

But the question is, WHY did you try to shift pressure off RealDeal? When nobody knew anything, what did you think you knew? We know now that RealDeal was clean, but it was only speculation before.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:50 AM   #429
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
But the question is, WHY did you try to shift pressure off RealDeal? When nobody knew anything, what did you think you knew? We know now that RealDeal was clean, but it was only speculation before.

I also realize that strategically you may not be able to say much on this topic. I'm just trying to figure out if you are trying to give us subtle hints, if you are chaos and trying to claim you were right with the RealDeal "guess", or if you are just trying to figure stuff out like the rest of us.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #430
bulletsponge
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TX
yea, we need to see if we can get a circle of trust going.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:54 AM   #431
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
yea, we need to see if we can get a circle of trust going.
I had figured he was a part seer...he, and his mutant hunter counterpart, could both scan every night for their type. GE would know if they were chaos or not, and i forget the other but he would know mutant or not. I might be wrong, but if not i think he needs to be quite vocal about who he is scanning as its not exactly a secret he was a threat to the chaos. In my mind, that makes him a key target and i cant imagine he will be alive that long.
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:56 AM   #432
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
i personally dont ever take peeps first day votes count against them because its just one big crap shoot,so im not going to hold yesterday against anyone.

Does become relevant though later in the game. Unless of course you hit upon a baddie the first day.. then it because relevant rather quickly.
__________________
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:09 PM   #433
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
i'm out for work kids, i'll be back around 5, and depending on what happens between now and then, may have something interesting to talk about
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:23 PM   #434
path12
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I had figured he was a part seer...he, and his mutant hunter counterpart, could both scan every night for their type. GE would know if they were chaos or not, and i forget the other but he would know mutant or not. I might be wrong, but if not i think he needs to be quite vocal about who he is scanning as its not exactly a secret he was a threat to the chaos. In my mind, that makes him a key target and i cant imagine he will be alive that long.

That was my read as well.
__________________
We have always been at war with Eastasia.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:31 PM   #435
bulletsponge
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
That was my read as well.


hmm well i guess i can take him off my hit list, but no nobody is on it
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #436
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Reading Chief Rum's post at the top of this page makes me wonder if he is on the good side. He mentiones that GE's potential smelling ability sounds mutant-like and we should get rid of him. While the mutants need to eliminated, it would seem that working with them for a little while might be helpful. If they can help us sniff out the Chaos, then we can save plenty of humans. The only danger is to make sure that we don't kill the last Chaos before we take out the mutants. I'd be uneasy taking out a mutant that could smell Chaos before we got some good intel.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:38 PM   #437
SirFozzie
General Manager
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: The State of Insanity
Anyone talking about circles of trust on day 2 is highly irregular.. you need at least get to day 3 and for our folks who can scan for Chaos to know who's clean to even START building circles of trust.
__________________
Check out Foz's New Video Game Site, An 8-bit Mind in an 8GB world! http://an8bitmind.com
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:39 PM   #438
SirFozzie
General Manager
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: The State of Insanity
Our first and only goal SHOULD be to isolate Chaos. If we can do that then the Mutants can be found out and executed for their impurity.
__________________
Check out Foz's New Video Game Site, An 8-bit Mind in an 8GB world! http://an8bitmind.com
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #439
twothree
College Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i'm out for work kids, i'll be back around 5, and depending on what happens between now and then, may have something interesting to talk about

That's an interesting post.

I will only be around for about another 2 hours today, and won't make it back until after the vote results, so I was hoping to see more votes cast before having to decide my vote today. But that does not look like it will happen, so let me be the first to jump on the only other vote today and see if anything happens.

vote kingfc
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:01 PM   #440
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Anyone talking about circles of trust on day 2 is highly irregular.. you need at least get to day 3 and for our folks who can scan for Chaos to know who's clean to even START building circles of trust.
You mean like last game when we pieced together a COT by day 2 that included 6 people, all of whom were good. Ya, that didnt work because of beliefs like this. The earlier the better. The longer the game goes, the less trust we can put into them, as its more likely they have been converted or infiltrated.

Fozzie, care to share any ideas about GE since your two roles are soo similar in nature?
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:04 PM   #441
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
I really want to vote GE right now, but if hes good his power is too useful. If he would cooperate and tell us what information he has, and more the the point who he scanned last night, i would be more happy to go elsewhere. But all day yesterday i asked him questions about his actions and he mostly ignored them. If he has information, he needs to share it. He is not a hidden seer, he is very much in danger. The fact nothing happened to him last night only worsens my fears.
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:07 PM   #442
Alan T
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mass.
Im not going to vote GE today Blade. The reason is the same reason as I didn't vote realdeal yesterday. I think the risk vs reward is too great. He's being really shady right now and that could be due to many reasons, some bad for us, some good for us.

Its obvious he doesn't want to answer right now anything that we are asking of him, so I'm not going to push anymore. He's definitly not in my trust list right now however.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #443
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Im not going to vote GE today Blade. The reason is the same reason as I didn't vote realdeal yesterday. I think the risk vs reward is too great. He's being really shady right now and that could be due to many reasons, some bad for us, some good for us.

Its obvious he doesn't want to answer right now anything that we are asking of him, so I'm not going to push anymore. He's definitly not in my trust list right now however.
Who are you looking at then? Like yesterday i dont see a whole lot of evidence. And since we learned diddly squat from the night, unless someone wants to admit to being a bad guy, i dont see much to go on. Who are you thinking about alan?
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:13 PM   #444
Alan T
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Who are you looking at then? Like yesterday i dont see a whole lot of evidence. And since we learned diddly squat from the night, unless someone wants to admit to being a bad guy, i dont see much to go on. Who are you thinking about alan?

To be honest, right now I'm mainly just sitting around seeing what people say and do more than anything. If I had to choose right now, I'll likely vote for bulletsponge again. But don't read too much into that, I have absolutely 0 to go on, just trying to make some sense of why a couple of people have been acting how they have so far.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #445
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
GE is in thread, so im hoping he chips in...otherwise my vote today will
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #446
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
*be a tough one

dont know why it posted half my message
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:18 PM   #447
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Nope, he left...thanks GE
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:26 PM   #448
Swaggs
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Almost Heaven
Is anyone up to speed on the mythology of this "universe?" It is pretty confusing to me so far, especially considering I had to play catch up after yesterday's busy day, so I didn't really get to experience things in real-time.

Without giving too much away, I feel like the roles/traits may be related, but I am curious to see if we have any 40,000 experts that may know a little bit more.
__________________
DOWN WITH HATTRICK!!!
The RWBL
Are you reading In The Bleachers?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:28 PM   #449
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Is anyone up to speed on the mythology of this "universe?" It is pretty confusing to me so far, especially considering I had to play catch up after yesterday's busy day, so I didn't really get to experience things in real-time.

Without giving too much away, I feel like the roles/traits may be related, but I am curious to see if we have any 40,000 experts that may know a little bit more.
Check out the link i posted. Its a wikipedia basically, but entirely comprised of 40k information. Getting back story on many of the roles really helped me, as ive never played the game and its hard getting adjusted to the roles.
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:28 PM   #450
path12
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
I don't trust him entirely by any stretch, but let's face it Blade -- you can't lynch the seer. No way I vote for GE.

No idea who I will vote for yet though.
__________________
We have always been at war with Eastasia.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.