Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #451
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Ok, given that hoops, where to start? I mean I haven't seen too much as far as suspicious activity. How do you suggest we balance roles we'd like to put to use versus those we think might have that slim bit of doubt?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:36 PM   #452
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I agree... if we have a good reason to vote for somebody then i will follow along, but its going to take a lot of votes to over take all these no executions
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #453
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Ok, given that hoops, where to start? I mean I haven't seen too much as far as suspicious activity. How do you suggest we balance roles we'd like to put to use versus those we think might have that slim bit of doubt?

That's what I'm thinking. I think the only one pulling us back is Danny. Not to say that makes him more spawn-like, but spawn or not, he is holding us back.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:39 PM   #454
RendeR
Coordinator

Start with the expendables, and that means the scientists for now. We need the engineers and the privates to repair things and become other roles respectively, the scientists are expendable right now and more can be trained later, so pick one hoops.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #455
hoopsguy
General Manager

Where to start:
1.) Look at the people who are on away missions. They may have been spawn to start, but even if they were human they have a 10% chance of now being a spawnling.
2.) Look to manage risk with the public roles. We probably want to keep our Doctor intact, as it takes time to backfill him and he scans ever day.
3.) Trust the scans provided, until proven otherwise (KWhit for now).
4.) Integrate any kind of private role info that you might have. For example, the Absolute Trust group knows a couple of people who are not Spawn.

Those are some starting points. Me, I'm waiting to see if we have another Away mission, but I'm going to be voting for someone. Even if it does end up being a case of spitting in the wind.

I'll go through the whole "value of the lynch" lecture again if people really want to hear the long version, but I feel like a broken record when I do it.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #456
RendeR
Coordinator

"Captain Alan SIR! I have submitted my orders for the day SIR!"
"Is there anything you would like me to handle overnight SIR? or should I bunk down in the birthing and prepare for tomorrow..SIR?"
Old 07-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #457
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Start with the expendables, and that means the scientists for now. We need the engineers and the privates to repair things and become other roles respectively, the scientists are expendable right now and more can be trained later, so pick one hoops.

I'm not in a race to get my vote on someone, but I do want to try and stem the tide of "no lynch".

When we determine if there is more data for today - and the best way to have a data point on Day 1 is with another mission - then I'll move to vote. Hopefully others are forming their own voting criteria along the way and can post arguments on why they think "Player X" is the way to go.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #458
Tyrith
College Starter

Generally, I agree with you hoops. This game strikes me as different in some major ways, though.

1) It seems likely to go longer, putting less emphasis on getting voting records early.
2) It's much more of an attrition war than normal, where keeping people on our side alive is more important than trying to establish a strategically dominant position rapidly -- all of the conversion possibilities make that much less likely.
3) There's a higher chance of getting a sniff of a wolf during the night phase than normal, with all of the stuff going on, and using that as a starting point instead. Granted, this means that if we kill someone today we could have a starting point for analysis. However, day 1 votes are pretty random and generally overrated and overused in terms of implicating people later.

All we have now is gut instinct and kill the people we sent outside to go on. In a game this complex I'm not comfortable just offing someone on day 1 for the sake of offing someone. BK's quote says, "especially in a game with no BG." We're in a game that, while there are multiple attacks going on at night, there are multiple opportunities to stop those attacks.

There's a lot more potential for analyzing the night phase to make at least moderately well informed decisions. Today we have nothing to go on, which isn't going ot be the case tomorrow in all likelihood. Then we can start our slaughtering spree.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #459
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Alan is seen leaving his cabin and going down to where the engineers like to hang-out when not working. There he finds Danny and promptly orders him to begin fixing the Security HQ.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #460
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

The scientists aren't expendable now. They're expendable after we launch.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #461
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
"Captain Alan SIR! I have submitted my orders for the day SIR!"
"Is there anything you would like me to handle overnight SIR? or should I bunk down in the birthing and prepare for tomorrow..SIR?"

I don't see much that you can help us with at night, so up to you if you want to get a good night of sleep or try to stay awake and suprise a spawn attack some how. I believe the Security HQ should be repaired though and no spawn attack can happen there though.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #462
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Way to take care of business Alan!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #463
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
The scientists aren't expendable now. They're expendable after we launch.

Part of the nature of this game is that we're gonna have to kill someone that can do something useful. That's what makes the game interesting for everyone -- everyone has a role, or can wind up with a role. We're not going to be able to have our cake and eat it too.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:49 PM   #464
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Regarding sleeping arrangements for tonight...

The sleeping quarters will sleep 16 and we have 23. So that leaves 7 without beds there.

Kwhit and Path will be in the brig I assume, so we really only have 5 extra people versus beds. I think if we have at least 2 engineers work at night, and 2-3 security personal out in strategic spots, that would leave everyone else a spot to sleep.

Probably don't want all security personal staying up though to start, might want to consider staggering it some (as well as the engineers) so no one ends up super exhausted because of multiple nights without sleep.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #465
KWhit
Coordinator

Hoops:

This game is different because of these reasons mostly:
1) We get a ton of information from doctor scans, security members spying on people, and BK's multiple posts during the day - much more than in normal games. Voting records are not AS important in this game as in others where it is nearly the only source of information.
2) We have external goals that we need live bodies to help us achieve - every dead villager makes it take longer to achieve those goals, which makes it more likely the spawn win.

These two things make No Lynch a good strategy for day 1 in this game.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #466
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Regarding sleeping arrangements for tonight...

The sleeping quarters will sleep 16 and we have 23. So that leaves 7 without beds there.

Kwhit and Path will be in the brig I assume, so we really only have 5 extra people versus beds. I think if we have at least 2 engineers work at night, and 2-3 security personal out in strategic spots, that would leave everyone else a spot to sleep.

Probably don't want all security personal staying up though to start, might want to consider staggering it some (as well as the engineers) so no one ends up super exhausted because of multiple nights without sleep.
alot of us cant sleep tongiht. i went ona mission so thats all i can do.

unless i read the rules wrong.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #467
Passacaglia
Coordinator

The other thing we need to think about is that the more people we have alive, the more water gets used up.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #468
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Hoops:

This game is different because of these reasons mostly:
1) We get a ton of information from doctor scans, security members spying on people, and BK's multiple posts during the day - much more than in normal games. Voting records are not AS important in this game as in others where it is nearly the only source of information.
2) We have external goals that we need live bodies to help us achieve - every dead villager makes it take longer to achieve those goals, which makes it more likely the spawn win.

These two things make No Lynch a good strategy for day 1 in this game.

The only other thing I would add to this is that it is very likely that there will be multiple conversions during this game as well. Because of such voting records from day 1-2-3 is far less important in my opinion on day 7 than normal games as all kinds of things likely could have changed between then. That is why I probably sound like a broken record, but I feel the most important thing is developing a rock solid COT early, and quarantining off those members where there is no chance of infection going forth.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:54 PM   #469
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post

You get another AP for your night cycle.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:54 PM   #470
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Your mission is your day action. You have a different action point for at night.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:54 PM   #471
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
The only other thing I would add to this is that it is very likely that there will be multiple conversions during this game as well. Because of such voting records from day 1-2-3 is far less important in my opinion on day 7 than normal games as all kinds of things likely could have changed between then. That is why I probably sound like a broken record, but I feel the most important thing is developing a rock solid COT early, and quarantining off those members where there is no chance of infection going forth.

Yes, yes.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #472
KWhit
Coordinator

Did render ever take his day action?
Old 07-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #473
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
The other thing we need to think about is that the more people we have alive, the more water gets used up.

Which adds a different strategic option later in the game. We have someone who can assign out water.. and the water can be given first to the CoT and then there are ways we possibly could use water to try to narrow down other spawn... (The ones that don't die are spawn??) Ok that probably isn't as good sounding as it could have been in my head.. but there are ways we will be able to manage the water. Plus hopefully we will have the water plant repaired in a few days
Old 07-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #474
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did render ever take his day action?

He said he submitted it. Haven't seen anything from BK yet though.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #475
Danny
Head Coach

I just got home and am going to catch up. As an engineer when is the deadline I need to have my repairs in by?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #476
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

oh

)

then i wanna sleep!

Quote:
You get another AP for your night cycle.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #477
RendeR
Coordinator

I had to clarify something in my orders for the night. I made an error, it is fixed now and BK should post about it sometime soon.

I will sleep tonight so I am fresh and formidable on the Morrow.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #478
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
He said he submitted it. Haven't seen anything from BK yet though.
It need clarification.

Render comes strolling out looking for a private. Finally he finds the one he's been looking for.

"Private
Chubby I have been looking over your service record and you have served intellegently and well. I think you have what it takes to be an officer. Please come with me, we will begin your training at once."
Old 07-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #479
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, looks like we are not going to have another away mission.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #480
RendeR
Coordinator

No Alan thought we should stop those for the day. So i went ahead with training up a new Ensign.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #481
Passacaglia
Coordinator

hoops -- I think you said you would give olie some recommendations for phasers. Mind letting me know if I'm going to be on that list?
Old 07-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #482
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I will be sleeping tonight as well.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #483
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
It need clarification.

Render comes strolling out looking for a private. Finally he finds the one he's been looking for.

"Private
Chubby I have been looking over your service record and you have served intellegently and well. I think you have what it takes to be an officer. Please come with me, we will begin your training at once."

Private Chubby. That cracks me up for some reason.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #484
Danny
Head Coach

Ok, I sent in my order to fix security HQ and then saw Alan ordered me to do so already . Sorry about that. I work from 11-3:30 eastern time everyday, so will make sure to have my repair orders in before I go to work.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #485
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Ok, I sent in my order to fix security HQ and then saw Alan ordered me to do so already . Sorry about that. I work from 11-3:30 eastern time everyday, so will make sure to have my repair orders in before I go to work.

No worries, I wasn't sure when you would be on and wanted to try to get the HQ done before Pass had to leave since he seemed uncomfortable with his conditional orders.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:37 PM   #486
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Barkeep, when you say instantly below does that mean the lack of any confirmation means that there hasn't been enough work done on it yet? Or does the work not finish until the end of the day phase (10pm EST) tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
When something is repaired, it is done so instantly. So if the Security HQ is repaired by the end of today's cycle people may be put in there tonight.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #487
path12
Coordinator

Thinking this over I believe it's really important for the time being to have the same people leave the ship on missions whereever possible.

My main reasoning for this is that we've got a list of folks to clear. If we have the same people going out every day, we lessen the exposure risks for spawnlings. Plus, if a particular crew keeps having unusually bad luck we can focus on them a bit more then. It also lets me put those folks on the back burner somewhat while I scan some crucial on-board people.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #488
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep, when you say instantly below does that mean the lack of any confirmation means that there hasn't been enough work done on it yet? Or does the work not finish until the end of the day phase (10pm EST) tonight?
I don't update it, but yes the Security HQ is now usable by the warden and S-a-A.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #489
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Nice, go Engineers!
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #490
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Nice, go Engineers!

It's Miller time before you and I hit the night shift Heinz!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #491
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Thinking this over I believe it's really important for the time being to have the same people leave the ship on missions whereever possible.

My main reasoning for this is that we've got a list of folks to clear. If we have the same people going out every day, we lessen the exposure risks for spawnlings. Plus, if a particular crew keeps having unusually bad luck we can focus on them a bit more then. It also lets me put those folks on the back burner somewhat while I scan some crucial on-board people.

Yep, that is what I have been trying to get at , at least.. so I agree.

I think you continuing to clear people who then won't be leaving the ship and can be locked in the brig with you and Kwhit is important.. that way at least everyone in there you trust.. Then it is simply a case of our trainer training up a new doctor who can scan you and verify that COT is good going forward.

Ideally it seems to make sense that Chubby, Telle, Saldana, our two scientist and our privates are the ones to leave the ship along with the slaves.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #492
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hey Barkeep, another question... when the sleeping quarters is protected from attack while the Security HQ is operational, does that protect against both physical attacks and spawn attacks? Or just physical attacks?
Old 07-08-2008, 03:58 PM   #493
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:

That really hurts my feelings!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #494
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am curious BK, did you use random.org to put us in our positions or did you put everybody where you thought we would fit?
Old 07-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #495
Danny
Head Coach

I read that you guys only wanted two of the engineers to work through the night. What is the reasoning for this out of curiosity?
Old 07-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #496
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I will serve proudly.

Will I be able to lead an away team tomorrow or do I have to wait a day?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #497
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
5 am..... u guys are dedicated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Should we be sending slaves instead of privates on these missions? Having them dead doesn't really hurt us, and the infection chance is per person, so it might be worth it to use them instead of taking a chance of getting actual crew infected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
That really hurts my feelings!

Don't worry, pass basically told me to stuff that opinion so you're no more in danger than I am or anyone I guess at this point =)
Old 07-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #498
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Alright everyone, I'm here...will be submitting my order for weapons shortly.

VOTE NO EXECUTION
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #499
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I read that you guys only wanted two of the engineers to work through the night. What is the reasoning for this out of curiosity?

I think it's probably up to the engineers to decide if they want to work all night or not.

Like the security personal though, there has to be a balance between being exhausted from staying up multiple nights and providing enough coverage in places. If all of the security guards or engineers stay up tonight, and then something comes up where we need more people tommorrow night, then someone will have to stay up multiple nights.

Remember the spawn will see as will everyone else tommorrow who stayed up and who didn't by the exhausted report also. So they'll know which targets will be weaker to attack tommorrow.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #500
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, people who make sense to have phasers are the people who can protect. That is the correct starting point, I think.
- I've got one (3-shot) so don't bother giving one to me
- Seargent-at-Arms should trust themselves, so one probably stays there if they intend to protect or just don't trust the others with protect options
- Security Crewman
- Galley Master can protect one of two rooms
- Warden + SlaveMaster can protect a room, but not people

So those roles belong to Olie (SAA), Mrs Schmidty (SC), Schmidty (Waterboy), Pass (Warden), and Saldana (Slavelord). Three phasers, Saldana didn't get good results on the away mission (no bonuses taking out slaves, outside of one supplied by Telle), so he doesn't get one. I would suggest giving one to Schmidty because he has more flexibility, but I'm a little worried taht we haven't heard from him today. I guess I tentatively go Olie, Mrs Schmidty, and Schmidty.

Again, if you suspect my intentions then feel free to mix this up. But I think I've outlined the "correct" play based on my understanding of the rules.