Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #851
Telle
College Starter

Voting BK has been mentioned by both of you.. more so by Tyrith. If that's what you think is best, then I'll be the first to step up to the plate.

VOTE BARKEEP
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:13 AM   #852
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
And you know full well I disagree with that...but I can buy the BK suspicion. The D1 vote struck me poorly. However, his comment yesterday makes a good point - who knows what abilities good or bad have in this game? I'm guessing if there are no vanilla villagers there are no vanilla wolves, either.

You could be right about that. I think somewhere BK made the assumption that everyone has some kind of powers in this game. I don't know if that's true, but it's definitely possible that wolves have powers so that they're not exposed because they don't have a power to share. Personally, if that were the case, and I were a wolf with this role, I certainly wouldn't have revealed! But leaving the discussion of roles out of it, my basic point (toned down some due to looking at it from your POV) is that we should be more aware of the risk of losing a villager in this game, since killing wolves won't help us as much as usual.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #853
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
My thinking is kind of like mine and Alan's was in the Spawn game. Additional villagers help us right now - more chances to get to the center, additional scans or witness actions, etc.

Similarly, though, additional wolves will hurt us - more chances to run into one and get killed. And the death of a wolf would probably be a lot more helpful than lynching a villager - especially a quiet one - would be harmful.

We're never going to be able to get a good lynch in this game unless we show a willingness to make a bad one. Unless you guys are waiting for seer scans, or just stumbling across someone being murdered -- and it wouldn't surprise me if any seer ability in this game is as narrow as the wolves ability to kill, especially if the village's ability to win is remotely as simple as your conjecture.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #854
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
You could be right about that. I think somewhere BK made the assumption that everyone has some kind of powers in this game. I don't know if that's true, but it's definitely possible that wolves have powers so that they're not exposed because they don't have a power to share. Personally, if that were the case, and I were a wolf with this role, I certainly wouldn't have revealed! But leaving the discussion of roles out of it, my basic point (toned down some due to looking at it from your POV) is that we should be more aware of the risk of losing a villager in this game, since killing wolves won't help us as much as usual.

I have no power
woe is me, vanilla for me
more pass points plz thx

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #855
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

As far as you knew you were going to die :P
Old 08-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #856
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I have no power
woe is me, vanilla for me
more pass points plz thx

Okay, I think this one is pretty hilarious personally :P
Old 08-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #857
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Similarly, though, additional wolves will hurt us - more chances to run into one and get killed.

Is that an assumption, or are you interpreting the rules that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
The Ancients will make up the wolves, and will not know the layout of the labyrinth. However, they will have special powers. They will alternate kills at night. Only creatures in the same section as the Ancient performing the kill can be targeted, and they will be informed of their choices.

Okay, from this, it looks like we know the wolves DO have special powers. That might just mean the ability to kill, but it might mean more. But I read this as only one Ancient gets to perform the kill -- so killing wolves will limit the number of choices the wolves have, but is unlikely to create less kills.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #858
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
As far as you knew you were going to die :P

Right. If I were a wolf doing it, I would have revealed as something much cooler than Alchemist.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:22 AM   #859
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Right. If I were a wolf doing it, I would have revealed as something much cooler than Alchemist.

Unless that IS your wolf role.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #860
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Is that an assumption, or are you interpreting the rules that way?

Going along with the conjecture from sometime earlier that wolves will be limited in their kill choices by the maze. It's possible for them it's just a normal WW night phase, which would suck for us because then we won't have any chance to track their actions on the off chance people run into each other in the maze.

On that note, has anyone encountered another player in the maze? I haven't.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #861
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Unless that IS your wolf role.

Occam's Razor would dictate this, especially in a rush.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:25 AM   #862
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

tyrith keeps trying
to latch onto someone as
a lynch vote set up

Me thinks he is wolf
and we should vote him and have
one less wolf to kill

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:25 AM   #863
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:

Mornin all! Just got caught up.

I have encountered another player in the maze and lived to see another day. Lathum and I are currently traveling together.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #864
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

I'm still of the mindset we need to get a lynch just to see what happens when there's a lynch.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #865
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Similarly, though, additional wolves will hurt us - more chances to run into one and get killed. And the death of a wolf would probably be a lot more helpful than lynching a villager - especially a quiet one - would be harmful.

We're never going to be able to get a good lynch in this game unless we show a willingness to make a bad one. Unless you guys are waiting for seer scans, or just stumbling across someone being murdered -- and it wouldn't surprise me if any seer ability in this game is as narrow as the wolves ability to kill, especially if the village's ability to win is remotely as simple as your conjecture.

Well, I don't think it's simple, but unlike a normal ww game, winning the game is completely independent of killing wolves. We HAVE to kill wolves in a normal game. In this game, we don't. In a normal wolf game, if you don't lynch you aren't making progress. In this game, however, we're progressing toward our goal by searching out the center of the labyrinth - killing villagers just makes that harder.

The odds of us lynching a wolf today are pretty slim - we're just guessing. So the risk/reward aspect of a lynch today isn't great. I'll grant you that every lynch vote tells us something that can be useful later in the game, and no-lynches lessen their benefit.

So I'm torn on which way to go, but I'm leaning toward no lynch today.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #866
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

lathum and farrah
dont tell arlie or MM
gossip is awesome

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #867
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Me and Farrah have run into each other
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #868
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn View Post
I'm still of the mindset we need to get a lynch just to see what happens when there's a lynch.

There's also this. We still don't even know what it takes to get a lynch, although we have a strong guess. At least I want to get 7 votes on someone today, to see if we can lynch someone at one half as opposed to one half plus one, but I'd much prefer a straight lynch.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #869
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
You could be right about that. I think somewhere BK made the assumption that everyone has some kind of powers in this game.

I am also of this belief, by the way. I'm getting very close to revealing mine as a matter of fact, because I think we're going to need some cooperation/information to win this game. But I do want to wait and see what happens with the 3PM movement phase beforehand.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #870
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
There's also this. We still don't even know what it takes to get a lynch, although we have a strong guess. At least I want to get 7 votes on someone today, to see if we can lynch someone at one half as opposed to one half plus one, but I'd much prefer a straight lynch.

This is pretty much what I'm thinking, so I'm going to vote with the majority.

Just an FYI I have a class at 7pm my time, so my last opportunity to vote will be at 6:30pm.

Jackal - can I give someone the authority to change my vote? Say for example we all gang up on ntn before I leave, and then everyone switches to Telle between 6:30 - 7:00...can I designate someone to change my vote in my absence?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #871
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Mornin all! Just got caught up.

I have encountered another player in the maze and lived to see another day. Lathum and I are currently traveling together.

Does that mean the two of you have to reach a consensus on what direction you head in?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #872
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Going along with the conjecture from sometime earlier that wolves will be limited in their kill choices by the maze. It's possible for them it's just a normal WW night phase, which would suck for us because then we won't have any chance to track their actions on the off chance people run into each other in the maze.

The person I saw who hit me was very nondescript. No name or any kind of identifier was given.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #873
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Does that mean the two of you have to reach a consensus on what direction you head in?

For the 3pm movement yes. We were given permission to continue to PM until 3pm today, regardless of whether we continue to travel together after that.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #874
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
For the 3pm movement yes. We were given permission to continue to PM until 3pm today, regardless of whether we continue to travel together after that.

Neat. Did you learn if Lathum was good?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #875
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Neat. Did you learn if Lathum was good?

He told me what he is, but not what his powers were. If the wolves are still called 'wolves' in this game, he is not one. If they're something else, some other monster, well he could be.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #876
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
He told me what he is, but not what his powers were. If the wolves are still called 'wolves' in this game, he is not one. If they're something else, some other monster, well he could be.

They're called Ancients (from Post #1).
Old 08-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #877
Passacaglia
Coordinator

But if you're just going off what he told you he is, chances are that whatever he told you is not a bad thing -- I don't think he's going to come out and tell you he's a bad guy!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #878
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

I assumed if he was a wolf, or Ancient, he would have killed me by now. Or at least something bad would have happened if I met him in the maze. Since nothing did, I figured he was legit.

And you're right, he could have made up his character to be nice. He is a world class wolf.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #879
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

Pretty sure Jackal said the wolves look just like us, exactly for times like this.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #880
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
The person I saw who hit me was very nondescript. No name or any kind of identifier was given.

So what exactly happened here? Botched wolf kill?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #881
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I assumed if he was a wolf, or Ancient, he would have killed me by now. Or at least something bad would have happened if I met him in the maze. Since nothing did, I figured he was legit.

And you're right, he could have made up his character to be nice. He is a world class wolf.

Looking at Post 1, I don't think it works like that. It seems like the Ancients choose which one makes a kill, and then they get to choose among whoever is in the same section as that Ancient. So even if Lathum was the Ancient assigned to make the kill, he could have chosen someone else in the same section as you guys. Note that I don't think we know what exactly is meant by "section" -- but probably just because no one has asked.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:52 AM   #882
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Looking at Post 1, I don't think it works like that. It seems like the Ancients choose which one makes a kill, and then they get to choose among whoever is in the same section as that Ancient. So even if Lathum was the Ancient assigned to make the kill, he could have chosen someone else in the same section as you guys. Note that I don't think we know what exactly is meant by "section" -- but probably just because no one has asked.

Well, then he could very well be a wolf, and just made up something else. He told me he was a Hydra. I told him I was a dinosaur. I'm a velociraptor. Not an alchemist one, just a regular one.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #883
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

velociraptor
farrah whitworth rhan oh my
too many sylables

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #884
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well since the cat is out of the bag I am a 3 headed hydra. All 3 heads need to be cut off for me to be killed.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #885
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning all. Let me get caught up real quick

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #886
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well we can at least rule out Farrah and I being the minatour
Old 08-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #887
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

ack. again I'm late for the 9am meeting hanging out in this thread intead.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #888
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
who didnt vote?

To be fair and upfront, I didn;t vote, I lost track of time. I was leaning towards a no lynch though, so it would not have affected anything.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #889
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Frankly, I beleive a No Lynch vote is better today that it was yesterday, since a wolf is dead.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #890
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
well we can at least rule out Farrah and I being the minatour
this is true and good
too bad we cant manouver
even if we knew where

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #891
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Frankly, I beleive a No Lynch vote is better today that it was yesterday, since a wolf is dead.

A wolf is dead?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #892
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't think PF was a wolf -- check Post #2.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #893
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ultimately, though, votes for the purpose of lynching someone are often how we figure out how who to kill after that. The wolves have to vote too, and figuring out how they vote gives us information about who to go after next.

BTW, Abe hasn't said anything for a long time, which is disconcerting.

I don't wake up until Noon EST

Old 08-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #894
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I don't wake up until Noon EST

Ah, okay.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #895
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

With inbe wolf down, the odds that we will kill a wolf with a lynch are so small, we might as well try to get to teh middle with as many of us left alive as possible. I think the odds say no lynch at this point.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #896
Tyrith
College Starter

Alright, I gotta go for a while. Barkeep, what have you experienced in the maze so far?

VOTE BARKEEP49
Old 08-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #897
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think PF was a wolf -- check Post #2.

Hmm? I coulda sworn he was a wolf, when he was killed last night. Let me check....

Wolverine? Ah, that's why I thought what I did. Okay, now I'm not the one fully reading GM posts, sorry. Um, forget my argument about odds then. Everybody move on, nothing to see here...

Old 08-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #898
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

RUles Check then -

Was the Phoenix like the creature, or was she like teh X-Men too?

Old 08-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #899
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
RUles Check then -

Was the Phoenix like the creature, or was she like teh X-Men too?

Does it matter?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #900
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Does it matter?

If she is X-Men, then we have two X-Men out of two, which likely means there are a lot more. Otherwise, Wolverine might be a one of. So yes, it matters.