Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #101
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I might have to go re-read what we did to Thom to make him so bitter...
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:03 AM   #102
bhlloy
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Because Autumn's line is the most obvious move to make if he's a werewolf. I'm not a fan of how lots of people seem to feel like they have to play with their cards close to their chests for fear of being lynched. Not only does it make things less interesting (in my opinion) but it helps out the wolfies.

Exactly... at least it's only day 1 but I hate that we always zero in on the vocal players who are good contributors. I'd love a game in which we voted out all the non-contributors first and then had a really good game after that. We'd probably hit more wolves early on in the process also.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #103
JAG
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: St. Paul, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Because Autumn's line is the most obvious move to make if he's a werewolf. I'm not a fan of how lots of people seem to feel like they have to play with their cards close to their chests for fear of being lynched. Not only does it make things less interesting (in my opinion) but it helps out the wolfies.

I definitely get where you're coming from and for the most part I agree with you. The lack of chatter last game really hurt the village early on and I hope we're not going to see a repeat of that.

Having said that, for my part, I'm a perfectionist and I've been pretty disappointed with my early game play as of late. I really want to start this game off right and get some wolves on the block, and I'm not sure which way to go thus far.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #104
Thomkal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Surfside Beach,SC USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I might have to go re-read what we did to Thom to make him so bitter...

you 'picked my name out of a hat" on Day 1 as a wolf. I had to go back and look to see who the wolves were that did that to me, so I'm not serious or bitter about these votes just a little tweak to the nose is all.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #105
Telle
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
Good morning all. Glad to be back.. and thanks for the warm welcome.

Votes as of post #103:
1 - Lathum - Autumn (71)
2 - EagleFan - Narcizo (77), J23 (96)
1 - Zinto - bhlloy (81)
2 - Autumn, EagleFan (86), PackerFanatic (93)
1 - J23 - Thomkal (98)

Yet to check in: mauboy, Lathum,
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #106
Zinto
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I understand where Autumn is coming from this game. As Jag said last game was a mess with about three people contributing until day 3. I think the goal as a village is to avoid that as best as we can by trying to strike up conversation.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #107
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Having said that, for my part, I'm a perfectionist and I've been pretty disappointed with my early game play as of late. I really want to start this game off right and get some wolves on the block, and I'm not sure which way to go thus far.

I think day one is always a crap-shoot. There's no way of getting round that. Last game we got unlucky with having no wolves on the block for two/three days. Other times you get lucky and bag a wolf.

At least there doesn't seem to be the arguments about voting no lynch that seemed to be prevalent day one the last time I was here. Just the same "Hey! We should vote for the quiet guys" "Yes we should" "Yes. Let's all vote for someone under the radar this time" and then everyone votes for each other.
I feel really bad about voting for NTN because he was being too vocal last game.

Buuuut ... on the other hand. There's not really all that much to talk about in a simple game on day one. There's only so many ways you can deconstruct the hypnotist power and bang on about how we should all be voting for the quiet people. So, um, yeah.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #108
Thomkal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Surfside Beach,SC USA
Yeah its tough to generate much conversation on day 1 of basically a "vanilla" game (other than the hypnotist role) since there's not much in the way of strategy to discuss. But starting from day 2 it'd be nice if there was more conversation, more exploration of why people might have voted why they did or did not on day 2-rather than just one "fly-bye" post with a vote and little to no explanation behind it.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #109
Telle
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
But it's not like on Day 2 you have a whole lot more reason for voting for someone that you did on Day 1. Unless we either manage to catch a wolf on Day 1 or you have a role, you really have nothing more to go on. And personally, it seems like whenever I try to give a good reason for a vote in the first couple of days I get accused of looking like I'm trying to hard to explain my vote and thus must be a wolf... and not the good kind of wolf we have in this game (goodness that's going to get confusing)
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #110
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
At least on day two you can discuss how to bring the most clarity to the day one vote.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #111
Telle
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
At least on day two you can discuss how to bring the most clarity to the day one vote.

With everyone saying "it was just a random Day 1 vote" to defend how they voted? Eh. I agree that there's a little more info there, but I don't think there's much. I find most of my Day 2 votes to be nearly as random as my Day 1's.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #112
JAG
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: St. Paul, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I think day one is always a crap-shoot. There's no way of getting round that. Last game we got unlucky with having no wolves on the block for two/three days. Other times you get lucky and bag a wolf.

At least there doesn't seem to be the arguments about voting no lynch that seemed to be prevalent day one the last time I was here. Just the same "Hey! We should vote for the quiet guys" "Yes we should" "Yes. Let's all vote for someone under the radar this time" and then everyone votes for each other.
I feel really bad about voting for NTN because he was being too vocal last game.

Buuuut ... on the other hand. There's not really all that much to talk about in a simple game on day one. There's only so many ways you can deconstruct the hypnotist power and bang on about how we should all be voting for the quiet people. So, um, yeah.

Again, no disagreement, but for myself, I had an inkling about J23 D1 two games ago, he turned out to be a wolf, and I was annoyed that I didn't at least vote him or do more to bring him up for discussion. Same thing with Lathum last game on D1 and I was even worse than the game two games back because I let him lead me around some until relatively late in the game. So I resolved this game to listen to (and vote with) that little voice in my head early on until we get some good info to analyze later.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #113
MrBug708
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whittier
No idea who to vote for in the first day so...

vote - - JAG
__________________
Richard Karstark - Ruler of Karhold - Bannerman of House Stark

KKiTTLeS21: UCLA r0x d00d, #1
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #114
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
There's nothing to talk about day one, which is why I was pushing for vote early, vote often. The only way to generate real content on day one is to get a lot of votes out early, and then start seeing how vote movement works, what people say in response to votes, etc. Nobody's going to reveal themselves through casual conversation. But if we can get some votes on some wolves we might see something.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #115
Thomkal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Surfside Beach,SC USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
With everyone saying "it was just a random Day 1 vote" to defend how they voted? Eh. I agree that there's a little more info there, but I don't think there's much. I find most of my Day 2 votes to be nearly as random as my Day 1's.

Those "random day 1 votes" are often put on candidates for lynch who often get lynched or get "saved" as we tend to go for two or three way ties late in the voting day. Whether the person who gets lynched is a wolf or not, it gives us some info and perhaps reason to be suspicious of some of those "random day 1 votes". And that should be able to generate some level of discussion at least.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #116
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
unvote Autumn

vote J23


Time for an early revenge vote. Plus it handcuffs him, so that makes it a little more fun.

Add in his logic of "no one listened to me last game" and it is a great reason to vote for him. Trying to buy support for what is either a random vote or a non-random "wolf" vote does not sit well.
__________________
Inconceivable covfefe
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #117
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
OH NOES, DON'T VOTE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUKESEERBODYGUARDLOVERSOOTHSAYERBRUTALCUNNINGSORCERERVANILLAWOLFMAN
checking in
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #118
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Vote J23
Going to try and narrow down the list of candidates here.

I prefer to vote someone who tends to be more quiet than say an Autumn. Especially since if Autumn is a wolf, I'll have him snuffed out by day 3 anyway
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #119
Telle
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vote as of post #118:

1 - Lathum - Autumn (71)
2 - EagleFan - Narcizo (77), J23 (96)
1 - Zinto - bhlloy (81)
1 - Autumn - PackerFanatic (93)
3 - J23 - Thomkal (98), EagleFan (116), Danny (118)
1 - JAG - MrBug (113)

Yet to check in: mauboy
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #120
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
unvote Autumn

vote J23

Time for an early revenge vote. Plus it handcuffs him, so that makes it a little more fun.

Add in his logic of "no one listened to me last game" and it is a great reason to vote for him. Trying to buy support for what is either a random vote or a non-random "wolf" vote does not sit well.

I'm not sure how you draw the conclusion that I was trying to buy support by my statement. I simply voted for the guy I tried to lynch last game 2 or 3 days in a row who was, in fact, a wolf. It seemed a slightly better reason than random.org.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #121
Autumn
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bath, ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I prefer to vote someone who tends to be more quiet than say an Autumn. Especially since if Autumn is a wolf, I'll have him snuffed out by day 3 anyway

Yeah, well not such an impressive accomplishment in a game where we're all wolves
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #122
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Yeah, well :P
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #123
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'm not sure how you draw the conclusion that I was trying to buy support by my statement. I simply voted for the guy I tried to lynch last game 2 or 3 days in a row who was, in fact, a wolf. It seemed a slightly better reason than random.org.

Not really. You wanting to vote me last game and my role last game has no bearing on this game. That would be like flipping a coin and getting heads 10 times in a row and then betting that the 11th flip will be heads because the previous 10 were.

Actually, the more you are talking about this the better I feel about my vote.
__________________
Inconceivable covfefe
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #124
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I don't know where the disconnect is here EF. I was voting for you because I was frustrated at not getting you lynched last game when I actually had a read on you as a wolf. I'm not saying you're a wolf because you were a wolf last game. They're independent events, and there's just as much chance you're a wolf as anyone else. Are you purposely trying to misinterpret what I've said?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #125
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Based on the way these things usually turn up, you're probably both villagers.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #126
Telle
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Based on the way these things usually turn up, you're probably both villagers.

My cynical side was thinking "wolf vs. wolf fight".. but it's probably a tad early for that.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #127
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
And personally, it seems like whenever I try to give a good reason for a vote in the first couple of days I get accused of looking like I'm trying to hard to explain my vote and thus must be a wolf... and not the good kind of wolf we have in this game (goodness that's going to get confusing)

Looking back through today's posts, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this a second time.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #128
Zinto
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am not a big fan of any of the candidates we have right now. I also do not like how Mau has not checked in yet and he seems like a better place to go at this point of the day at least in my mind.

Vote Mau
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #129
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Both put second votes on each other. Not impossible, but highly doubful they are both wolves.

Oh, and I'm going to unvote J23 as usually these dumb day 1 arguments involve villagers.

Unvote J23
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #130
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
The last time I can remember the village lynching someone that didn't check in, it ended up being the seer.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other times, but that one sure sucked.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #131
Telle
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
I personally like to give people a grade period of a day for checking in. Voting for the person who hasn't checked in on Day 1 is too easy. However, I'm ok with doing it on Day 2 because you can't just let them linger forever.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #132
Telle
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I personally like to give people a grade period of a day for checking in. Voting for the person who hasn't checked in on Day 1 is too easy. However, I'm ok with doing it on Day 2 because you can't just let them linger forever.

Grace period.. not grade period. I can't type today it seems.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #133
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Finally remembered to check in from phone..and no its not cuz I recently received a vote.

vote zinto

Its easy enough to throw a vote on the last person to check in and nobody think the better. And add in that 'nobody' seems like a better candidate than me also bothers me. Of course there aren't better candidates..unless someone admits to being a bad wolf.

I'm just a villager! A plain one even. I will finally be somewhat OK with being voted out
early as I wont feel the need to reveal or fake reveal to stay alive.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #134
Telle
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
Everyone has now checked in.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #135
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Vote PackerFanatic

He tends to stay quiet without any pressure on him and I'm not a big fan of our current candidates
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #136
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I have a very slight sense that EagleFan might not be bad. He's been prodded and responded - with two votes he could solidify into a main candidate, as is often the way, so I'd rather pick someone else. Second vote placed on a solid villager means I

Unvote EagleFan
Vote PackerFanatic


Although really we should all vote for that Hoopsguy bloke. He's been really quiet.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #137
Narcizo
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Cool. Never had one of those simultaneous (well nearly) votes before.

I'm off to bed now. Don't see any reason to change once again.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #138
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Sorry guys, I needed to clean out my inbox after last game
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #139
Telle
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
Votes as of post #138:

1 - Lathum - Autumn (71)
1 - EagleFan - J23 (96)
2 - Zinto - bhlloy (81), mauboy (133)
1 - Autumn - PackerFanatic (93)
2 - J23 - Thomkal (98), EagleFan (116)
1 - JAG - MrBug (113)
1 - mauboy - Zinto (128)
2 - PackerFanatic - Danny (135), Narcizo (136)

Yet to vote: hoopsguy, Lathum, JAG, DaddyTorgo, Dwardzala, The Jackal, Telle, Gonzo
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #140
Telle
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Votes as of post #138:

1 - Lathum - Autumn (71)
1 - EagleFan - J23 (96)
2 - Zinto - bhlloy (81), mauboy (133)
1 - Autumn - PackerFanatic (93)
2 - J23 - Thomkal (98), EagleFan (116)
1 - JAG - MrBug (113)
1 - mauboy - Zinto (128)
2 - PackerFanatic - Danny (135), Narcizo (136)

Yet to vote: hoopsguy, Lathum, JAG, DaddyTorgo, Dwardzala, The Jackal, Telle, Gonzo

I wasn't scrolled all the way to the left in my spreadsheet, so I missed to in the "Yet to vote" listing.. Darth Vilus and mckerney
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #141
Zinto
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Finally remembered to check in from phone..and no its not cuz I recently received a vote.

vote zinto

Its easy enough to throw a vote on the last person to check in and nobody think the better. And add in that 'nobody' seems like a better candidate than me also bothers me. Of course there aren't better candidates..unless someone admits to being a bad wolf.

I'm just a villager! A plain one even. I will finally be somewhat OK with being voted out
early as I wont feel the need to reveal or fake reveal to stay alive.


It wasn't that nobody was better then you it was that I wasn't comfortable with the list of candidates that had a vote and decided to find a reason to vote for someone else. Tyke got no repercussions the last game fro not voting on day one and he was a wolf. With that being said I am still not sure where I want to move my vote to now that you have checked in.

Unvote Mau
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #142
Zinto
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Also I hope there is some kind of movement to consolidate this to 3 or 4 people on the block since I hate looking back at day one votes when there is a ton of people on the block.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #143
JAG
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: St. Paul, MN
I hate when I decide to go with my gut more early on and of course my gut hasn't given me direction other than at lunchtime. I have the same general unease others have so I'm going ahead and adding another quiet player to the mix (who I almost forgot was playing) rather than those who are at least contributing and that we can more easily suss out due to their posts as the game goes on.

Vote mckerney

I do agree with what Zinto's saying though, so guaranteed I will move this vote if it looks like it will end up a singleton.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #144
JAG
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: St. Paul, MN
Dola

Just because I'm amazed 45 minutes later I can have one.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #145
Zinto
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I hate to piggyback my vote but the conversation has stalled and like I said before I do not like most of the other candidates for today.

Vote McKerney
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #146
MrBug708
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whittier
Is the vote for mckerney, just because? Or did I miss something that threw suspicion so early?
__________________
Richard Karstark - Ruler of Karhold - Bannerman of House Stark

KKiTTLeS21: UCLA r0x d00d, #1
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #147
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Have some internet before I watch the flyers (high-five EF), still scheduled to have it installed Wednesday evening. Been keeping up on my phone, at least, but won't be as active as I could be for a couple more days most likely.

Looks like we have four people with two votes?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #148
Zinto
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Is the vote for mckerney, just because? Or did I miss something that threw suspicion so early?


My vote was just because he is quiet and I like him more then anyone else on the block right now.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #149
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Not sure if I'm just reading too much into it, but in terms of the ebb of the vote today, when Zinto got his second vote, within twenty minutes a new candidate (PF) got a couple, and then the next two votes are on another new candidate (mckerney). Could be nothing, or could be distraction tactics. Without much to go on, I'll get involved:

VOTE ZINTO
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #150
Danny
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
The issue with that Jackal is that if some of the four votes were trying to protect Zinto, why not go for EagleFan or J23 who already have votes and help establish other candidates ahead of Zinto?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.