Old 09-16-2011, 04:17 AM   #151
Danny
Head Coach

I plan to stay here for sure.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:18 AM   #152
Danny
Head Coach

I'm not a big fan, but I've seen enough horror movies to know the ones who go off searching die first
Old 09-16-2011, 04:21 AM   #153
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I pushed the idea of voting DV, NTN or Bug yesterday. There was a bit of discussion about how sucky it was to vote guys based on their past form which I went along with and left my vote on Chief. (first put while I thought we could only vote someone in the thread). Tyke came up with the choice of dubb or bhlloy and voted Dubb. And then I went to bed. Chief voting ntn could be interesting as DV was another candidate in our reckoning. Then again I pretty much laid a wilful throwaway vote so I can't cast any stones on that front.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:22 AM   #154
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I'm not a big fan, but I've seen enough horror movies to know the ones who go off searching die first

Aye, but if we all go off apart from you it's not going to be us who are alone.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:31 AM   #155
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Thing is with a scenario where NTN is being pushed as a candidate to save DV is that unless the baddies are allowed access to all threads (not inconceivable) one of the baddies must have been in the Yard and voted DV, which seems a bit of a stretch but also not inconceivable.

I think I agree with Danny - we ought to hang here for at least one more turn to let Bhlloy and anyone out in the yard catch up with us. The other option would be to go to the Yard to, hopefully, meet the people from the Woods, who are probably on the trail now and will be in the yard tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:33 AM   #156
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I also think I have a spell, though I don't know for certain since I am a weapons expert. I'd like to pass it to someone today.

Don't pass it to me.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:29 AM   #157
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Ha! Figured NTN would get the vote on day two.

I think we're pretty much covered what happened in the Study. I voted Chief yesterday because I got a strange vibe off of him. He forgot to investigate the study so he sat listening to the tape while tyke and I searched the room. I realised the chief vote wouldn't result in anything but I was starting to get uncomfortable with the obvious NTN/DV angle of voting UTR guys.

When I left tyke was voting Dubb. Don't know if he moved his vote later - he said he would.
I ended up leaving the vote on him. We had a decent conversation about a blind voting strategy. We weren't willing to tackle the usual UTR players without confirming their participation in this game. We weren't ready to go after the big hitters either. So... I randomly selected two names from the middle of the pack (completely my terminology with no ill intent behind it), flipped a coin, and voted Dubb. There was very little discussion later which warranted any of us moving to a voting-bloc type of strategy.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:34 AM   #158
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I am not sure there is a need for me to explore much anymore. I now have a weapon (the knife that was used to kill ntn) and feel fine about my ability to protect myself now. What exactly are the advantages of exploring besides getting items?
Danny - Did you find the knife in the Study or here in the Main Room? And presumably the spell in the other room?
Old 09-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #159
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

One more thing regarding the Day 2 folks here in the Main Room - was it confirmed that all of you were the leading vote-getters from the various Day One rooms?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:16 AM   #160
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

No, it looks like it was the top four votees from across the game with a tie-breaker on people with one vote.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:36 AM   #161
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Don't know where to look for a vote today. I've cooled on Chief looking suspicious but the only other real candidate I can see if Darth and we don't even know if he's alive still. I'm tempted to say that we should vote someone here so they have the chance to reveal if need be. But that brings it back to Chief.

I think for the time being I'll go with DV. Mostly for information at this stage to be honest.

Vote Darth Vilus
Old 09-16-2011, 07:39 AM   #162
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
Danny - Did you find the knife in the Study or here in the Main Room? And presumably the spell in the other room?

spell in study, knife in here from ntn's back.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:40 AM   #163
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm interested in some discussion about the best strategy with regards to locations. I think we can all agree that we want to gather as many as possible in one place. However we don't know if exploring and discovering stuff will give an advantage. I suspect most other people are in the yard and the trail. If we want to check out the cellar we tell anyone arriving in this thread to stay here while we investigate the cellar for one turn. When we come back everyone should be here. We keep the majority group together and check out the cellar. In 2 turns we have pretty much everyone left in the cellar.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:47 AM   #164
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Good stuff when I was sleeping, I have to head off to work, but have some thoughts that I will post in about two to three hours. I agree with DV though. Something struck me as we were thinking we should stick together and he switched at the last possible minute to head into the woods with Dubb and then a screaming noise, could have been one of them yelling/asking a question, but who knows at this point.
Vote DV
Old 09-16-2011, 08:18 AM   #165
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Bah, unfixed which is actually fixed.

k fixed.

Day 1

Study = Chief Rum, Danny, Narcizo, Tyketime (Tyke, CR and Danny voted Danny, Narc no vote)
Woods = Mckerney, Bhlloy, J23 (split vote among the three)
Road = Ntn, Autumn, Mr. Bug, Zinto, Jackal (not sure about votes)
Trail = Commo, Mauboy, Darth, Dubb and Dzilla (three no lynches, Dubb voting Mau)

Day 2
Main Cabin = Danny, J23, Bhlloy, ntndeacon (bh voted mckerney, Danny voted Tyketime, no votes from ntn or j23)
Yard = Dzilla, Mauboy, Commo (all voted DV)
Study = Chief, Narcizo, Tyketime (chief voted ntn)
Woods = Dubb, Darth, Autumn

unaccounted for = Mckerney, Mr.Bug, Jackal, Zinto
I believe this is the latest (and most accurate?) summary. The rest of the voting in Day2 Study was Tyketime voted dubb, and Narcizo voted Chief.

The first thing that jumps out at me are the missing Day 1 votes from ntn (now dead), Autumn, MrBug, Zinto, & Jackal. Unfortunately, NONE of them are here in the room with us...
Old 09-16-2011, 08:22 AM   #166
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Don't know where to look for a vote today. I've cooled on Chief looking suspicious but the only other real candidate I can see if Darth and we don't even know if he's alive still. I'm tempted to say that we should vote someone here so they have the chance to reveal if need be. But that brings it back to Chief.
Why have you cooled on any suspicion of Chief? We both had our individual suspicions, and I'm not aware of anything that has occurred here in the Main Room that would cause you to at least not pursue that angle a little further. I'm not saying he's a definite vote, but I am hoping to hear some 'splaining...
Old 09-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #167
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I think there simply wasn't a lynch day one. I think there is a reasonable chance I had the most votes with 3, so the voting may have been for something else other than getting killed.
I just reread the rules again. I believe it states that a tie vote results in no lynch. So while I agree that the Day 1 mechanic may have been different, we should at least keep the option open that it was a tie vote, and therefore no known lynching.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #168
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm interested in some discussion about the best strategy with regards to locations. I think we can all agree that we want to gather as many as possible in one place. However we don't know if exploring and discovering stuff will give an advantage. I suspect most other people are in the yard and the trail. If we want to check out the cellar we tell anyone arriving in this thread to stay here while we investigate the cellar for one turn. When we come back everyone should be here. We keep the majority group together and check out the cellar. In 2 turns we have pretty much everyone left in the cellar.
In addition to strategy for locations, I think we should also start sharing some information about objects. There's been surprisingly little discussion overall about them (at least in the Study, and now what I've read here in the Main Room).
Old 09-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #169
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, lot of misinformation about the Study and what I did there. I don't know why Narc and tyke wouldn't at least mention my explanations to their concerns.

Let me clarify some things.

1. The Day One vote-- My "quick" vote on Danny after tyketime voted Danny was actually five whole hours later (11:44 a.m. to 4:41 p.m. local time). Not so quick. Not many posts in between, no. But to call it a quick vote, like I was trying to get away with something voting for Danny, is just completely false and is so disingenuous it makes me wonder at the motives of the person suggesting it was quick (tyketime).

I voted for Danny because he already had a vote. I didn't see the sense in having some eventual tie where we all vote for each other. And tyketime, Narc and Danny should be able to all tell you it was I that suggested that the Day One lynchees were unlikely to die anyway, as I could not see how CF would have four lynchees (from the four areas) in one day; that would be completely game unbalancing. Basically, I voted Danny with the confidence nothing would happen to him (or at least extremely unlikely). And I was right, he's still alive.

2. My Day One Investigation-- I explained this in the Study thread, but maybe it was not read by tyke for some reason. Narc clearly read it, as he references it here in thread. I simply forgot to submit an Investigation. I was running off to my second job and forgot to check back in before deadline to submit an Investigation. That is why I just sit there listening to the tape recorder, rather than investigate the room like the others did.

I'll lie about in game stuff, but not about RL stuff. I literally forgot to submit an Investigation on Day One.

3. Day two votes/Voting for normal UTR candidates-- I wasn't the one who suggested this line of voting from the start. Narc and tyke were already discussing this before I commented on anything vote-wise, and I think even before I checked in yesterday (I am on the West Coast, so since they are from Sweden and Jersey, much discussion has been happening before I even get up).

I said I did not like to vote blindly for candidates not in the room and with unknown accomplishments within the game, but I also didn't see an alternative. I said I was fine voting for an UTR candidate if that's what it came to, and I said that before tyketime came along with anything about dubb or whoever else he picked. I didn't actually vote until later in the day. I wasn't going to vote dubb because he is a good WW player and I did not want to eliminate him from the game until I knew he was a baddie.

Voting ntn "for reasons stated" was the UTR argument. I said I didn't like to vote on someone blindly--but I didn't see much choice as I was looking to vote for Narc or tyke, and I had no info on anyone else. So I was stuck relying on past play, and UTR was the primary theory we had discussed (we also discussed offing players who were historically better wolves than villagers).

4. Narc says I am too compliant?---- This happened in the Study thread. Narc suspected me because I was "too compliant". I'm not sure why this would surprise him, given much discussion happens before I even get up (that happened both days), and we didn't have any new information really. So not sure why he would expect me to rock the boat. I had no basis to go off the reservation about anything--both tyke and Narc seemed completely reasonable in their discussions to that point.

I am open to discuss whatever, any questions people may hvae. I have just been trying to figure things out like the rest of way, only with less time and usually starting hours after everyone else has begun because of where I live.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #170
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

In #3, where I state "looking to vote Narc or tyke", I meant NOT "looking to vote Narc or tyke". i.e. I was not considering them as vote candidates yesterday, which forced me to consider past play in making my Day Two vote selection (which ended up on ntn from the UTR theory).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #171
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I also think I have a spell, though I don't know for certain since I am a weapons expert. I'd like to pass it to someone today.

I presume you will not want to pass it to me (with the suspicions being thrown around), but I am a spells expert.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #172
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I ended up leaving the vote on him. We had a decent conversation about a blind voting strategy. We weren't willing to tackle the usual UTR players without confirming their participation in this game. We weren't ready to go after the big hitters either. So... I randomly selected two names from the middle of the pack (completely my terminology with no ill intent behind it), flipped a coin, and voted Dubb. There was very little discussion later which warranted any of us moving to a voting-bloc type of strategy.

No, that is a mischaracterization of our discussion. We all agreed it was a crappy way to have to vote. I never stated I was unwilling to vote on past game play, just that I didn't like it. I in fact stated I was ready to vote on the basis of past game play, if that was the evidence left to me to go off of for my vote.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #173
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
1. The Day One vote-- My "quick" vote on Danny after tyketime voted Danny was actually five whole hours later (11:44 a.m. to 4:41 p.m. local time). Not so quick. Not many posts in between, no. But to call it a quick vote, like I was trying to get away with something voting for Danny, is just completely false and is so disingenuous it makes me wonder at the motives of the person suggesting it was quick (tyketime)
Fair enough Chief. It does look like I was the first to characterize it as "quick". Since I don't have access to the Study cabin, I didn't remember the exact time, only that it was only a few posts later. I based it partly on this recollection from Danny (while we were still in the Study):

Quote:
I am voting Tyke because his vote reasoning for me was a huge stretch. It was day 1, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but about as much as I have to go on. I am surprised Chief voted me right after tyke as well, but I don't see him getting any other votes, so didnt go there.

Based on your very specific timestamps, I do apologize for the poor choice of word...
Old 09-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #174
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why have you cooled on any suspicion of Chief? We both had our individual suspicions, and I'm not aware of anything that has occurred here in the Main Room that would cause you to at least not pursue that angle a little further. I'm not saying he's a definite vote, but I am hoping to hear some 'splaining...

Ask what questions you want, if you want me to do any explaining. I don't know that there's anything I haven't already addressed, though. If you forgot anything I posted in the Study thread, I'll be glad to restate what I said there.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #175
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Fair enough Chief. It does look like I was the first to characterize it as "quick". Since I don't have access to the Study cabin, I didn't remember the exact time, only that it was only a few posts later. I based it partly on this recollection from Danny (while we were still in the Study):

Based on your very specific timestamps, I do apologize for the poor choice of word...

Don't sweat it, tyke. It happens. FTR, I have been going back to The Study thread to confirm this stuff and only reading what happened while I was in that room. Whatever is being done there now, I have not read past the point at which we left the Study. I don't know if that's kosher with CF or not, but I hope it is.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #176
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I am on the West Coast, so since they are from Sweden and Jersey, much discussion has been happening before I even get up.
For me - this has been the most frustrating part of the game so far. It's tough enough with us spread out in multiple rooms. The problem is only magnified when those of us in the same room are in significantly different time zones. There have been far too many soliliquies and very few opportunities for actual interaction.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #177
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
FTR, I have been going back to The Study thread to confirm this stuff and only reading what happened while I was in that room. Whatever is being done there now, I have not read past the point at which we left the Study. I don't know if that's kosher with CF or not, but I hope it is.
OK. I'm sure CF will weigh in, but it was my understanding that we were ONLY allowed in the thread of the room we were currently in. The fact that you had exact times led me to think you may have some special ability to read multiple threads.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #178
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For me - this has been the most frustrating part of the game so far. It's tough enough with us spread out in multiple rooms. The problem is only magnified when those of us in the same room are in significantly different time zones. There have been far too many soliliquies and very few opportunities for actual interaction.

I agree, it has been frustrating for me, too. I think in a bigger group like this one it's okay, which is why general WW games where we're all in discussion together, it works. But when we're split off from each other, the time zones really stand out.

I would say our particular group in the Study (Narc-Sweden, you-Jersey, Danny and I-Los Angeles) are about as messed up with the time zones as could have happened with the current WW group. Not much we can do about it but deal with it.

FWIW, I think you and Narc have done really well setting the groundwork before I or Danny got into the thread in the Study area (which is why I didn't really have much to offer most times).

Old 09-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #179
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK. I'm sure CF will weigh in, but it was my understanding that we were ONLY allowed in the thread of the room we were currently in. The fact that you had exact times led me to think you may have some special ability to read multiple threads.

You may be right. Hope I wasn't violating a game rule there.

I would think it would make sense that I could look back on the parts of the Study where I was in attendance, but I understand the possibility for abuse with that, since new stuff we can't know about could be happening there now with occupants there.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #180
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Ask what questions you want, if you want me to do any explaining. I don't know that there's anything I haven't already addressed, though. If you forgot anything I posted in the Study thread, I'll be glad to restate what I said there.
Actually you've answered my main concern on why you left your vote on ntn instead of considering someone else, or going with a vote-bloc. So I'm cool...
Old 09-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #181
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I'll be heading out soon to join Mrs Tyke on a day trip into Philadelphia and an early dinner. I hope to be back early evening. I also hope we will have more discussion by then.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #182
dzilla77
High School Varsity

I am a spells expert.

I won't have much time to post this afternoon and I may be out tonight but hopefully I can discuss a few things early this evening. I think staying here is a good idea to try to get the group together.

Investigate Cabin
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #183
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for reminding me, dzilla. I have been discussing Chief Rum-centric issues so far, and ignoring the rest.

I, too, am behind the general idea that we should try to stay together. If we do need to go exploring, I recommend we send at least groups of three to do it. I would think that would minimize the risk that we would be sending a wolf-controlled team to explore.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #184
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Why have you cooled on any suspicion of Chief?.

I'm like House. My first three theories are always wrong.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #185
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Slightly less flippantly it strikes me as being as day one mania writ large due to the lack of information (as I hinted at the time).
Old 09-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #186
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm like House. My first three theories are always wrong.

lol

Old 09-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #187
J23
College Benchwarmer

Day 1 I was in the yard, not the woods. I guess I typed the wrong thing when I was thinking about where mckerney went while typing where we started.

So the day1 summary that has bhlooy, mckerney and I in the yard to start day1 is correct. Sorry for the confusion.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #188
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Slightly less flippantly it strikes me as being as day one mania writ large due to the lack of information (as I hinted at the time).

Although, over-protective much Chief?
Old 09-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #189
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm still pretty interested in checking out the cellar. But I don't want to go by myself. If everyone wants to hang here then I'll go along with that.

I think we need to find another candidate than DV. The lord only knows who that might be.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #190
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Although, over-protective much Chief?

Sorry, I felt there was some misinformation going there, and you and tyke were establishing doubt in me before a large group of players. I'm not going to just let that out there without challenging it.

Hey, you wanted me to be less compliant, right?

Old 09-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #191
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Neters around
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #192
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

INVESTIGATE CABIN

Don't want to go off down the cellar on my own and no-one else seems up for it.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #193
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
INVESTIGATE CABIN

Don't want to go off down the cellar on my own and no-one else seems up for it.

I'll go with you to the cellar if you like. But we should go as at least a team of three. And then come right back after investigating.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #194
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

I believe it would be good to send some to the cellar than when they come back I think it would be best if we started to explore and see what has happened else where as that can hopefully give us insight.
Investigate Cabin
Old 09-16-2011, 03:28 PM   #195
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'd go to the cellar if people want, but wouldn't we have to take an extra day to investigate the cellar as well for a 2 day turnaround? I don't think it's worth our time to go there and come straight back w/o exploring.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #196
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'd go to the cellar if people want, but wouldn't we have to take an extra day to investigate the cellar as well for a 2 day turnaround? I don't think it's worth our time to go there and come straight back w/o exploring.

Sorry, I meant we would explore the cellar and come back. So if that takes three days, fine. Just noting we wouldn't dilly dally there. We would want to get back to the main group as soon as we could.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #197
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

In fact, I'll go ahead and throw it out there. I would ask for two volunteers to join me. If two others don't elect to go to the cellar with me by an hour to deadline, I'll switch to investigating the cabin, so as not to leave the group as a whole.

INVESTIGATE CELLAR

Old 09-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #198
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

I guess it wasn't nearly as quick as it seemed to us due to the lack of posts. In fairness to me, I think I didn't check in that day until a little before chief made his vote, so to me Chief's vote came shortly after I saw your vote for me.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #199
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Another clarification. You are in the thread you are in. You cannot read other threads you were formerly in unless you go back there to do so.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #200
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Another clarification. You are in the thread you are in. You cannot read other threads you were formerly in unless you go back there to do so.

Are we allowed to save the pages before we get a new thread, or is it just notes?