Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2013, 05:51 AM   #351
Passacaglia
Coordinator

It looks like only one of them switched from you to DT. The other two switched from mau to DT.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:01 AM   #352
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
It looks like only one of them switched from you to DT. The other two switched from mau to DT.

regardless, they chose to switch onto DT opposed to me. Wondering why that is.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #353
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Anytime Danny or you aren't the night one kill it makes me think that one of you is a wolf and you don't want to announce it.

With this logic, I would suggest voting for Danny. Of course, I would say that as wolf or villager ... assuming I wasn't in a mood to argue against the original statement. Which I'm not this morning.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #354
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So you're saying you do want to announce it?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #355
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That is post #173

I'm interested in hearing from mau why, when he was in joint second place with Coffee, he took his vote off of Coffee and put it elsewhere. Strikes me as a ballsy move as he risks narrowing the field down to two candidates - one of whom is himself. All it needed was for someone to vote you at that stage and you'd be in trouble. Lathum might like to explain why he hopped onto DT as well.

I basically tried what Lathum and CW just tried on me an hour earlier. They followed surprisingly, and so did others. I never expected a complete reversal like that.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #356
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Was I not clear in my post you quoted? (Or the post after that). I didn't want a tie, my vote on mau was doing nothing. I stated after that vote post that I didn't have an opinion on either of you 2.

Id like to get some pressure on CW as he was up and then the run narrowed it to 2 away from him

vote coffee

I teach class today so ill be around 10ish-2ish and then again when I get home
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #357
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Lathum - would you have preferred I voted you and made it DT +1 (and open to a tie)?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #358
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
people who switched to DT after his I'm just a villager/you really don't want to vote me episode....

I would like to know why these 3 switched from me to DT.

I'm the one who called out DT in the first place on that. I reloaded a couple times to see if DT had a quick response, he didn't, I switched votes. Amusingly, the only vote I made yesterday that was halfway serious.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #359
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Besides, Lathum. We had a deal, man! It was notorized and everything! What are we if not men of our word?

..though I still woulda iced you if there was a tie. Or if DT had freakin' revealed.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #360
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm gonna go in on my earlier guesstimate that there was a wolf ending on Lathum last night.

Autumn, font, and bhlloy.

Though completely logical means, I deduce I can only vote for one of them. I'm not feeling it for Autumn just yet, font merely put a second on him during a crazy day. Which leaves me with the man whose name cannot be pronounced by mortal men.

Vote bhlloy
Old 03-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #361
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Lathum - would you have preferred I voted you and made it DT +1 (and open to a tie)?

I have no prefrence other than me not dying, since hindsight is 20/20, just trying to get some conversation going about the votes yesterday
Old 03-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #362
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Day One
20:00 #187 Danny unvotes Lathum (4)
20:00 #187 Danny votes DaddyTorgo (4)
20:02 #189 Lathum unvotes Mau (3)
20:02 #189 Lathum votes DaddyTorgo (5)
20:05 #199 DaddyTorgo votes Lathum (5)
20:28 #208 Coffee unvotes mau (2)
20:28 #208 Coffee votes DaddyTorgo (6)
20:29 #210 Daddy unvotes Lathum (4)
20:29 #210 Daddy votes Coffee (4)

20:50 #232 Brit unvotes Coffee (3)
20:50 #232 Brit votes Lathum (5)
20:50 #233 Daddy unvotes Coffee (2)
20:50 #233 Daddy votes Lathum (6)
20:53 #241 Zinto unvotes Lathum (5)
20:53 #241 Zinto votes Daddy (7)
20:57 #265 Chubby unvotes mau (1)
20:57 #265 Chubby votes Daddy (8)

I think the thoughts of a wolf in the Coffee/Zinto/Chubby group make the most sense...Danny's is early enough and it was still very undecided at that point (although that could be his ploy). I can give Lathum a pass at this point since it was mainly out of self-defense. That leaves CW (who pushed DT up, albeit half hour before deadline), Zinto (who broke the tie and put DT up) and Chubby (who added one for good measure right at the end). I will wait to see what more comes of today, but I think my vote will be in that group.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #363
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I dunno, I find it suspicious that we have late movement off a couple candidates and we seem to be drifting in the direction of just assuming they aren't wolves and let's look elsewhere.

I didn't like Lathum's play at all yesterday, and if he's not a wolf then we learn a lot about the voters on him. But let's find out if he's a wolf first.

Mau's also jumping to defend himself when there's no heat on him at all. I'd be fine with finding out where he stands today as well. But Lathum's my #1 candidate.

I must have missed the drift towards none of them being wolf. And what do we learn if Lathum is a villager? That we should then look at mau? And if he's a villager then we should look at Coffee? If he's a villager then it's day five and the wolves have as good as/have won. Lathum's started to ping me a bit (when it's pretty clear why Coffee, Zinto and Chubby had moved their votes) - but he's playing like I remember him as a villager. I think a wolf Lathum is a bit more careful and also doesn't burn off a fake reveal by claiming vanilla so early.

Of the three being mentioned together I think I like mau most as a wolf. At the moment I'd like to look elsewhere. If Lath is a villager then it looks pretty good for Zinto. If there are only three wolves I don't think you're going to see any major orchestrated plan - if anything I think you're just as likely to see wolves voting wolves as anything else or, more likely, wolves avoiding the spotlight altogether.

In an attempt to widen our voting records.

Vote Bhlloy
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #364
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Hah! That will teach me to take over 15 minutes to write a post.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #365
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I'm gonna go in on my earlier guesstimate that there was a wolf ending on Lathum last night.

Autumn, font, and bhlloy.

Though completely logical means, I deduce I can only vote for one of them. I'm not feeling it for Autumn just yet, font merely put a second on him during a crazy day. Which leaves me with the man whose name cannot be pronounced by mortal men.

Vote bhlloy

Well, technically it leaves you with the man whose name cannot be pronounced and fontsian. So there must have been something that steered you to one versus the other?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #366
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I must have missed the drift towards none of them being wolf. And what do we learn if Lathum is a villager? That we should then look at mau? And if he's a villager then we should look at Coffee? If he's a villager then it's day five and the wolves have as good as/have won. Lathum's started to ping me a bit (when it's pretty clear why Coffee, Zinto and Chubby had moved their votes) - but he's playing like I remember him as a villager. I think a wolf Lathum is a bit more careful and also doesn't burn off a fake reveal by claiming vanilla so early.

Of the three being mentioned together I think I like mau most as a wolf. At the moment I'd like to look elsewhere. If Lath is a villager then it looks pretty good for Zinto. If there are only three wolves I don't think you're going to see any major orchestrated plan - if anything I think you're just as likely to see wolves voting wolves as anything else or, more likely, wolves avoiding the spotlight altogether.

In an attempt to widen our voting records.

Vote Bhlloy

So Bhlloy with the notion that he is protecting mauchow?
Why is mau more likely a wolf than CW?
If you think mauchow is more likely a wolf (I know, relative term) then why vote for bhlloy in this spot?

Just trying to figure out the logic here ... normally I don't have as difficult a time following your train of thought, but maybe its just early here.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #367
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Re-read that, hoops. I give a minor shout out to font in there.

Though to answer your question anyway. No, not really. I'm basically guessing between the three. But, if you'd like, I'll go find a post of his that clearly shows his grammatical stylings are 85% more consistent with games he's played as a wolf and not a villager.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #368
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

More that I'd be expecting a villager Bhlloy to vote DaddyTorgo around the point Zinto did. Of course, if he wasn't here then that argument goes out of the window.

Nothing to do with mau really.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #369
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Oh! And he was anxious that we didn't see yesterday as villager-villager, making him a better potential source of information. If he's a wolf then it seems likely that Lathum and possibly mau are villagers.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #370
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Lots of folks here, but not a whole lot of conversation.
15 minutes out - Autumn, Chubby, CW, DT, Fontsian, Lathum, mauchow, murra5y, PF (and hoopsguy)

Posting for posterity when we're analyzing this vote and night results go up that may account for late-breaking action.

bhlloy wasn't here at the 15 minute mark, FWIW.

I was thinking about voting bhlloy as well, but I hadn't quite figured out why I was drifting in that direction. So I found it curious that you + CW were on the same candidate. For reasons that I'm pretty sure were not my own, even if I haven't quite sorted out why I was thinking about voting for him.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #371
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

bhlloy 2 - Coffee Warlord (360), Narcizo (363)
Lathum 2 - murra5y (329), bhlloy (337)
Autumn 1 - Lathum (326)
Coffee Warlord 1 - Chubby (356)
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #372
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well, if all 3 of us are thinking bhlloy at the same time, for different reasons, he's probably the seer.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #373
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Well, if all 3 of us are thinking bhlloy at the same time, for different reasons, he's probably the seer.

You were not supposed to say that out loud in the thread.
Now he's dead.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #374
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I dunno. Can we really trust a man who collects molds, spores, and fungus?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #375
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I dunno. Can we really trust a man who collects molds, spores, and fungus?

This isn't your game, where all the good roles can get converted every night. So yes.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #376
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Low blow!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #377
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Ah OK. So this still happens does it?

Knee-jerk reaction is that I think we have to look at the people who voted DT late. I thought his play indicated wolf or roled and the wolves knew he wasn't wolf so they'd be very interested in voting him.

Of course it's hard to blame anyone for sticking a day one vote on him given the quasi-reveal/hint things. Annoyingly I was going to suggest Venkman out and out revealing today as it's doubtful the wolves would risk a wasted night kill just to take out the duke but with only two ghostbusters left I don't think we can go that route. Anyway I believe it is time for the narcalysis.

Slimer would certainly be interested in knowing who Venkman is.
Neutral:

Quote:
Slimer - He's looking for Venkman to, you guessed it, slime him. More of a mischievous ghost than a malevolent one. Note that Slimer scans as paranormal to Egon's PKE meter.

Only way I think that would make sense, given the use of the proton packs this game, would be with four ghostbusters in hand. And even then I don't think it makes a ton of sense. As you noted, with two left it is folly.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 03-13-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: put the Slimer role in quote tags
Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #378
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Day One Tally:

8 DaddyTorgo - Narcizo (57), hoopsguy (95), mauchow (182), Danny (187), Lathum (189), Coffee Warlord (208), Zinto (241), Chubby (265)
5 Lathum - Autumn (68), fontisian (129), bhlloy (139), britrock88 (232), DaddyTorgo (233)
2 Coffee Warlord - murra5y (82), PackerFanatic (161)
1 mauchow - Passacaglia (114)

No Vote: Katylied

I would be interested in seeing one of our outliers involved in the vote today -- murray PF, Pass, Katylied. I think D2 is a day to make sure everyone that wasn't really involved D1 in the vote gets involved. Now, I haven't gone back to get reasons for their votes being where they were or analyzing posts. I'm picking on them.

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #379
Autumn
Head Coach

I've had a lot of school work the past couple days, so been out of it a bit. I'm hoping to be more involved today.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #380
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
How does mau swing 4 votes onto me in 4 minutes with basically no facts at all on D1?

When I'm dead, why don't the rest of you villagers ask yourselves that question hmm? Something's rotten in NYC...

Going back to this...and I think others have mentioned it too (even I have to a point with my group of three I mentioned earlier). There has gotta be at least one wolf in that quick-moving group, right?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #381
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Going back to this...and I think others have mentioned it too (even I have to a point with my group of three I mentioned earlier). There has gotta be at least one wolf in that quick-moving group, right?

It is hard to say.

I know I am a villager, so the wolves would know we were villager-villager, bud did they switch to DT thinking he had a role is the question.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #382
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wow, I didn't realize I ended up being the only one on mau. I guess that makes sense, since I saw someone mention that 13 of the 17 people were on at deadline. Kudos to all who were there for making sure there votes were relevant, and sorry I couldn't. I should have mentioned this from the get-go, but I will not be on at deadline very often, since that's my study time, and I really need to study. But hey, at the time, my vote for mau was as relevant as it could be.

But I'm with you. It sounds like Everyone's Gone to the Movies, except for one of us.

VOTE KATYLIED
Old 03-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #383
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I don't think D2 you can make any guesses like that. It's something to keep an eye on, but i think it's too early to say stuff like that. I think it just gets us focused on knocking off a short list of people and possibly going nowhere.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #384
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Maybe we will learn more from that tonight - but definitely something to keep in mind as we go through the day.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #385
Autumn
Head Coach

I could see several scenarios. We could assume there must be a wolf on Lathum. We could assume there must be one or two on DT. Or we could assume at least one wolf is hiding out in the other votes. I don't think we have any way of knowing which is which at this point, not until we know more about the allegiance of the "suspects". I'm voting in the "others" simply because I think the first few days we have to flush everybody out into the open and make sure we get good data on everybody.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #386
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

Yup. It's pretty concerning to me that we have that much movement (even if it is day 1) and we don't really seem that interested in it. So be it.

unvote Lathum
vote Mau

Mau and CW are my two top candidates for today. Both fell off after the movement into DT yesterday. I feel better about Lathum after thinking about the britrock kill some more
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #387
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
More that I'd be expecting a villager Bhlloy to vote DaddyTorgo around the point Zinto did. Of course, if he wasn't here then that argument goes out of the window.

Nothing to do with mau really.

I'm not sure if I was around or not but most us seemed to be fine with a tie and now I am being knocked for not moving off candidate #2 onto candidate #1 close to deadline? OK I guess
Old 03-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #388
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Most of us were fine with a tie? Who?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #389
bhlloy
Coordinator

Search doesn't work on my phone but that was the perception I got earlier in the game

Interestingly enough going back I did see post 122 by narc that we should keep it a three or four horse race right until the end. And now I'm being marked down for not jumping to DT
Old 03-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #390
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

My vote onto DT created an interesting last hour, thats for certain. I regret making the switch in hindsight, of course. From my perspective I definitely see it as a way for the wolves and other uncertain villagers to hop on the popular train of voting DT and have an excuse to stay on (non-reveal). I and many others likely make the move off DT if he reveals, simple as that.

I do believe a wolf was being saved in one of CW and Lathum..thats my gut feeling as of now without anything else to go on.

vote coffee warlord

Quote:
Yup. It's pretty concerning to me that we have that much movement (even if it is day 1) and we don't really seem that interested in it. So be it.

unvote Lathum
vote Mau

Mau and CW are my two top candidates for today. Both fell off after the movement into DT yesterday. I feel better about Lathum after thinking about the britrock kill some more

You feel better about lathum then I do. I can understand the vote on me. However, you said earlier that I didn't have any pressure to switch which is actually incorrect. Momentum had begun switching my way already so I tried making a vote switch and people followed. They should be the ones being looked at once we hopefully find something with lathum/CW.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #391
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Difference between wanting a close race till late (which is usually a good thing) and wanting to risk a tie (which is not).
Old 03-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #392
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Difference between wanting a close race till late (which is usually a good thing) and wanting to risk a tie (which is not).

Exactly. Hoops merely suggested if someone was going to create a tie you damn well better be ready to explain yourself.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #393
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I will once again point out my vote switch to DT occured when DT went from hinting at a role to claiming vanilla villager. I called him out on that and switched. The fact that you led a charge had a whole lot of nothing to do with why I personally switched - I'da voted on him after his flip-flopping no matter how few/many votes he had.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #394
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I will once again point out my vote switch to DT occured when DT went from hinting at a role to claiming vanilla villager. I called him out on that and switched. The fact that you led a charge had a whole lot of nothing to do with why I personally switched - I'da voted on him after his flip-flopping no matter how few/many votes he had.

Yeah I get where you're coming from too.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #395
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

So everyone knows, I have contacted KatyLied to confirm she is still intending to play as I have not seen her post since the game has started. If I don't hear back from her by deadline, I will try to find a replacement. If anyone that is reading along but not part of the game is interested in being a backup just in case, please send me a message. Thanks.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #396
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Fair enough.

UNVOTE KATYLIED
Old 03-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #397
britrock88
Pro Starter

Ultra-lurker.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #398
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Also, you have to reveal DT. Have to. Even if you get NK'd and don't get a scan in, that's an extra kill the wolves don't get to make. And maybe you get lucky and get an inattentive wolf team. A reveal ten minutes before deadline probably saves you with the number of people in thread.

With the number of people on, I bet a 3 minute minute prior to deadline reveal saves him.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #399
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
With this logic, I would suggest voting for Danny. Of course, I would say that as wolf or villager ... assuming I wasn't in a mood to argue against the original statement. Which I'm not this morning.

If Hoops is the wolf, I appreciate him not killing me yet.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #400
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
people who switched to DT after his I'm just a villager/you really don't want to vote me episode....

I would like to know why these 3 switched from me to DT.

I went that way because with ten minutes left and I did not want a tie. Momentum had swung towards DT at that point and I figured there was not a good chance that someone would take their vote off of DT and vote for you, so I decided to move my vote.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote