Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #351
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Vote as of post #348:

Melisandre (bulletsponge): Cersei (Narcizo)
Gregor Clegane (Julio Riddols): Stannis (Autumn), Robb Stark (Coffee Warlord)

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #352
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

King Renly Baratheon (path12) has named Ser Loras Tyrell (murrayyyyy) the Warden of the South.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #353
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hey Chief, can you put the reference materials (lands, their values, etc) on page 1 for us?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #354
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Hey Chief, can you put the reference materials (lands, their values, etc) on page 1 for us?

Sure... after lunch.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #355
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

It is clear that the die is cast for today unless Lord Renly wishes to contest the voting. A deal has been reached between the Starks and Stannis - so be it. I have no doubt that Clegane will flee from justice and his few lands will be forfeited to my son. There are far worse results to the day's events. Clearly the North are willing or have been recompensed to allow Stannis free access to the powers of the sorceress. Nor do they fear a rogue, rampaging Mountain ravaging their lands. My Lord Stark's sense of justice is reminiscent of his father's. One only hopes that the end results are not the same.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #356
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
If I were Renly, I would have some grave concerns about Melisandre. I'm not Renly, I can't tell him how he should feel.

But to suggest that Melisandre is some pastor giving a sermon twice on Sundays is a delusional viewpoint held only by Stannis. Not even his own bannermen will subscribe to that notion, although they liked are too cowed to speak their concerns publicly.

I certainly have concerns about Melisandre as I honor the Seven rather than this red God, and mean to keep an open mind about how to proceed.

However, I also have grave concerns about your Mountain, and feel it is appropriate for him to pay for his crimes.

VOTE SER GREGOR CLEGANE/JULIO RIDDOLS
Old 05-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #357
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I suppose I'm a simple man. I find a sword more threatening than a priestess.

If that is true then you truly are a simple man. A sword, or a thousand swords, are a known quantity. Your priestess, most decidedly, is not.

If she is the simple holy woman you purport, then release her from your service - allow her to conduct her missionary work in our lands if she wishes. Do so and I will gladly move my vote to Clegane.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #358
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So, to inquire, since I'm confused again.

When you send an emissary they are gone the remainder of the CURRENT day, have PM rights the entire day, lose PM rights at I'm assuming nightfall, and return at the start of the next?
Old 05-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #359
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

You all have much more to fear from me as a rogue wandering these lands than you do as a protector of the throne. Do as you wish.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #360
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #361
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
You all have much more to fear from me as a rogue wandering these lands than you do as a protector of the throne. Do as you wish.

Well, since the throne is where we would all sit, I am not sure that is the case. You think highly of your King if you think that he will set you free to wander. I expect Lannister greed will say otherwise.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #362
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Well, since the throne is where we would all sit, I am not sure that is the case. You think highly of your King if you think that he will set you free to wander.

The decision does not have to be left to my son. Ser Clegane can choose to quit his court as a fugitive of the realm.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #363
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So, to inquire, since I'm confused again.

When you send an emissary they are gone the remainder of the CURRENT day, have PM rights the entire day, lose PM rights at I'm assuming nightfall, and return at the start of the next?

Emmissaries begin their work immediately upon being sent.

I expect most of the time, the PMing between the emmissary and the target King may begin immediately, so as a result, I require that the emmissary be immediately unavailable to read his own faction thread or PM his King (if he is a Hand). I don't want diplomacy to be slow simply for waiting for a deadline, so an emmissary's work starts right when he is sent.

That said, sometimes a King may not be around, or the emmissary isn't sent until later in the day. The emmissary has the rest of this day and the next day to return to camp. So an emmissary can decide at the first deadline after he is sent that he needs to continue dialogue with the target King, and stay on until he feels his business is done. At that point, he returns to his camp, and his normal duties resume. He would still be eligible to be used that day by his King.

If the emmissary's duties take him all the way through the next day as well, he will automatically "return to camp" at the second deadline, regardless of whether or not he completed his dialogue with the target King. He would not be eligible to be used by his King ins ome other way if he is away the entire day as an emmissary.

Hope that makes sense.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #364
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Perfect.

To summarize:

Emissary is sent out immediately. Will be gone for one of two durations, to be determined by the emissary himself.
1 - Until the end of the CURRENT day.
2 - Until the end of the FOLLOWING day.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #365
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Suddenly when a man who is trained to murder does what he is trained for he becomes a threat to the realm? Don't be naive, Robb Stark. Stannis may be plying you with wealth and warriors, but do not let his mistress pull the veil over your eyes. He has no desire to be slowed in his desperate reach for the crown, and the witch will certainly make sure he keeps his focus. She has a lot to gain by this. I, on the other hand, have nothing to gain. Perhaps past crimes should not be of such great concern when the intent of all those who reach for the crown is to seize it for themselves. You can be a stepping stone or you can forge your own path without the old man's ravings clouding your mind.

perhaps the trepidation of others to allow your standing to persist is based upon the fact that you have no regard for the throne or the authority that stems from it.

you were arrested by Ser Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr, were you not? and was not this arrest ordered under the law by the rightful Hand of King Robert?

but instead of respecting the King's Justice, you ran Dondarrion through...your loyalty is not to the realm or the throne.

vote gregor clegane/julio riddols
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #366
saldana
Pro Starter

so for those of you who are able to comprehend the fine art of reading and writing (looks at Davos), you will have gleaned from the rules that certain "services" of an informational nature can be at your disposal...
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #367
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Perfect.

To summarize:

Emissary is sent out immediately. Will be gone for one of two durations, to be determined by the emissary himself.
1 - Until the end of the CURRENT day.
2 - Until the end of the FOLLOWING day.

I think there's an in between case as well:

Quote:
The emmissary has the rest of this day and the next day to return to camp. So an emmissary can decide at the first deadline after he is sent that he needs to continue dialogue with the target King, and stay on until he feels his business is done. At that point, he returns to his camp, and his normal duties resume. He would still be eligible to be used that day by his King.

I think that means the emissary must stay until deadline of the first day they were sent. They can return as soon as the first deadline after the day they were sent. They can choose to stay into the second day and return before that day's deadline, and if they do so they are eligible to be sent on another mission that day. They can't stay beyond the second deadline after they have been sent and if they stay that long, they can't have been sent on another mission during that second day.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #368
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Nice catch.

See, gentlemen? That's the sign of a quality Hand.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #369
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And if anyone in the Lannister thread just noticed, I did in fact mis-click on your thread (noticed right away and didn't see anything). My apologies.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #370
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vote Ser Gregor Clegane/Julio Riddols

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #371
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Headed home, communications will be limited for the next few hours. Don't burn the realm without me.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #372
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
perhaps the trepidation of others to allow your standing to persist is based upon the fact that you have no regard for the throne or the authority that stems from it.

you were arrested by Ser Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr, were you not? and was not this arrest ordered under the law by the rightful Hand of King Robert?

but instead of respecting the King's Justice, you ran Dondarrion through...your loyalty is not to the realm or the throne.

vote gregor clegane/julio riddols

And you are an authority on loyalty?

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #373
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Nice catch.

See, gentlemen? That's the sign of a quality Hand.

Roose/JAGs reading is how I interpreted it as well.
I quoted your post because it was shorter.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #374
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A Stark emmissary has been seen arriving at the House Baratheon of Dragonstone camp.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #375
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

I trust King Renly's judgment with his vote... I shall follow my King...

murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #376
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Fitting you would be behind your king, Loras.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #377
Danny
Head Coach

Any updated vote count?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #378
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I think it is something in the realm or everyone voting for me.

FUCK EA
Old 05-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #379
hoopsguy
General Manager

I will not unite with others against Ser Gregor. I'm sure this is no great surprise.

I do feel that every day we allow Melisandre to continue to walk among us represents a grave threat. One that is likely to be equally true for kings as it is for peasants. I'm surprised that the desire to strike at House Lannister has obscured the more immediate danger. There are ways to defend against a sword, against a poisoner, against a treasonous lover. But magic from afar - none of us can withstand this type of attack at this time.

VOTE MELISANDRE/BULLETSPONGE
Old 05-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #380
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Holy shit! Five minutes have gone by without a PM!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #381
Danny
Head Coach

I have gotten like 4 letters today from various people vying for my allegiance / cooperation. Who knew someone so low to the ground would be in such high demand.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #382
Danny
Head Coach

I also assume I am not allowed to reply to those messages.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #383
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You are. You get 1 free reply to PM's.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #384
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Per PM. So someone uses their daily PM to you, you get to respond to it. If 5 people PM you, you get to respond to all 5.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #385
Zinto
College Starter

Clearly, I believe that Ser Gregor has done no worse then members of the other "kings" bannerman.

Melisandre has burned any non-belivers of her red god as a sacrifice. Who will avenge their deaths? Or are they not important enough?

I am sure you have all heard the rumors about Roose Bolton and what he has done to his small folk. Rape, flaying, torturing and murdering. Clearly the false kings have no concern over the lives of their small folks or they would look into their camps instead of trying to point out the flaws in the others. If justice must be served then Bolton and Milisandre must be dealt with also.

VOTE MELISANDRE/BULLETSPONGE
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #386
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Per PM. So someone uses their daily PM to you, you get to respond to it. If 5 people PM you, you get to respond to all 5.

Damn, now I don't have a valid excuse for my rudeness of not writing back.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #387
fontisian
College Prospect

I'll follow my liege.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #388
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Posted for my faction. But dell sucks fat sack. So I am comp less till the am. And I too old and cranky to surf on my iPad. So I won't around much...

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #389
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A Lannister banner has been spotted fluttering in the Baratheon of Storm's End camp. It seems King Renly has a visitor.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #390
MrBug708
Head Coach

The Lannister's have long held too much power in this land

Vote The Mountain/Julio Riddols

But will Joffrey Lannister side with his Father's bannerman fellow bannerman and let deeds go unpunished.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #391
Danny
Head Coach

I actually care not who is voted out between gregor and mellisandre.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #392
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I have returned, and before the pleasures of the flesh in this city tempt the man that I was before I became a eunuch, I have deigned to grace you all with my presence for this period.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #393
hoopsguy
General Manager

I have a thought - why would Joffrey care a whit about the "enemy of the realm" status if he is the blackheart that you all think him to be? If you are determined to relentless attack him and his house, why would he yield one of his men to the will of the attacking houses? What will you do tomorrow, vote Clegor again? Do you expect a different result? Perhaps you should seek a ruler who is more pliable instead ...

Joffrey, I would carefully consider this with Clegor before he makes his own decision. There are obviously a number of ways this situation can play out, but only with careful cooperation and trust does Clegor remain in House Lannister come the morrow.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #394
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well, he could be a wolf, after all...
Old 05-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #395
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Wait a minute, I'm a wolf!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #396
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Well, he could be a wolf, after all...

You have a keen sense of irony. I would smile, were it in my nature.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #397
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #398
Danny
Head Coach

While I am no fan of Gregor's primal ways, I am still a Lannister and since neither Gregor's or Mellisandre's death will benefit my own goals, I will abstain from the vote.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #399
hoopsguy
General Manager

Upon further review, it does not appear there is time pressure for Gregor/Joffrey/Jamie to reach a consensus on the Enemy of the Realm decision. The deadline for that announcement is mid-day tomorrow, not tonight's deadline.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #400
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

This is bollocks.

FUCK EA