Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2006, 06:30 AM   #101
siread
n00b

So Radii, did you retire?

Btw, I have updated the game quite significantly since March. Stadiums, bug fixes, improved gameplay... You name it.
siread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #102
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by siread
So Radii, did you retire?

Btw, I have updated the game quite significantly since March. Stadiums, bug fixes, improved gameplay... You name it.

Whoa! Developer reading, very cool I did retire from this career. I have the latest patch and am playing a career on expert level and having a lot of fun with it, but I haven't decided if i'm going to start another to write up or not, I might try it with a midfielder or something to do something different than a big goal scorer. I made myself portugese too, the international competitions in europe are a lot more fun than the US ones.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #103
Groundhog
Coordinator

I actually bought this game solely because of this dynasty a few months ago, and it's a blast. I fire it up a few nights a week and have just made my first world cup playing for Australia. So much fun.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:07 AM   #104
siread
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
the international competitions in europe are a lot more fun than the US ones.

Yes, i plan to write a more comprehensive competition system in NSS4 so it can feature all the tournaments around the world.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #105
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yes, i plan to write a more comprehensive competition system in NSS4 so it can feature all the tournaments around the world.

I don't think he was criticizing the programming of the U.S. tourneys. The fact is, given how much control the individual player has over the game the competition is just too weak in those events (CONCACAF qualifying, etc.)
Old 07-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #106
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I don't think he was criticizing the programming of the U.S. tourneys. The fact is, given how much control the individual player has over the game the competition is just too weak in those events (CONCACAF qualifying, etc.)

Exactly. I got bored with 10-0 results. Being a star on the US team in CONCACAF Qualifying is like having the ability to play for Arsenal but choosing to play at the conference level instead.

In my current career I picked Portugal because I wanted a team that could compete with the top international teams, but that wasn't *the* best in Europe.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:06 AM   #107
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan

Definately. I play as an Australian, and when playing the tourneys I usually score or assist 3 goals within the first 15 mins of the game against like the Cook Islands, and then hold on to the ball to try make it a little more realistic.

All the Cook Island players are rated like 1s across the board.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #108
siread
n00b

Ahh, i see. I'll see if i can match it more realistic in future so that one star player can't create/score 10+ goals.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #109
Bee
Pro Starter

So now that we have the developer here...when the hell are you going to team up with SI Games and make this game using the FM2006 engine?
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #110
Radii
Head Coach

Alright, I'm going to start a new dynasty here but I'm going to implement some house rules to make it a little more challenging.

The problem as I see it is that it is too easy to follow a specific path to greatness: 1) train stamina to 30. 2) Train Pace/Shooting to 30. 3) Train other stuff. 4) Don't play any matches for the first season of your career to maximize training opportunities. By the time you start playing you destroy the competition. If you play limited amounts of games in your second season, you're basically ready to star on any team in the world, immediately. To avoid taking this easy path, and to better challenge myself and make it (hopefully) more rewarding to rise to the top, I've come up with this list of house rules:

1) I must start in the English Conference
2) I must attempt to be match fit(80% stamina or better) on every match day, league matches, cup matches, and international matches(once I have international selection prospects, that is... no need if I know I won't be selected).
3) I must follow a strict training order. Since fitness and shooting are the most important stats for a striker, I am allowed to double up on shooting, pace, and stamina training. Otherwise, when I have time to train, I will go down the list, training Set Pieces, Shooting(twice), Heading, Dribbling, Passing, Tackling, Flair, Control, Both Feet, Pace(twice), Strength, Stamina(twice), Position, Vision, train each once(unless otherwise noted) in this order. If I fail a skill training, I will move on to the next one and attempt that skill again the next time around.
4) I must take the first transfer offer I receive from a higher division club in England unti I reach the premiership. Once I'm on a premierhship team then I'll give myself a bit more freedom here, but come on, who in the conference turns down offers to join a Division 2 team?

Thoughts? I want to actually progress up the ranks a bit, I don't want to be a star at every level I play.

Also, I want to play for a European National side. I want to be on a side that generally has good chances to qualify for the World Cup every time out but that isn't going to necessarily be a top 8 seed every 4 years. Suggestions? I was thinking Croatia, Portugal, Belgium?

Comments on the house rules based on other people's experiences?
Old 07-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #111
Icy
Pro Starter

Good set of rules Radii, i'm thinking about starting one myself, haven't played this game for a lot of time after the big addiction i had on the release days.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #112
Icy
Pro Starter

Dola, you made me start a new game but this time i'm going to try to be a left defensive winger, let's see if i can become the next Roberto Carlos. I'm going to start in the conference and will be a Scottish player (weak national team but that sometimes enters in the national competititions). Btw, on which dificult level do you play? i usually do in PRO.

Last edited by Icy : 07-10-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #113
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Dola, you made me start a new game but this time i'm going to try to be a left defensive winger, let's see if i can become the next Roberto Carlos. I'm going to start in the conference and will be a Scottish player (weak national team but that sometimes enters in the national competititions). Btw, on which dificult level do you play? i usually do in PRO.

The career in this dynasty was done on pro, though the latest career I've been playing I'm playing on expert, and my new dynasty will be on expert. I'm debating between a team like Croatia that I think will make most international competitions, or a weaker team like Denmark or Scotland or something to see if I can help to sneak them into the world cup. My concern with the weakest teams is that I don't want to be on a team so weak that I'm the only good player, that's just frustrating.

I think I'm going to be a striker in the dynasty I'm going to start up soon, but I haven't decided for sure.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #114
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
The career in this dynasty was done on pro, though the latest career I've been playing I'm playing on expert, and my new dynasty will be on expert. I'm debating between a team like Croatia that I think will make most international competitions, or a weaker team like Denmark or Scotland or something to see if I can help to sneak them into the world cup. My concern with the weakest teams is that I don't want to be on a team so weak that I'm the only good player, that's just frustrating.

I think I'm going to be a striker in the dynasty I'm going to start up soon, but I haven't decided for sure.

Striker is fun, but probably the easier thing, i want to try as defender, must be totally different as your goal is to stop the other team. To not to make it so boring, i'll be a really offensive winger, like Roberto Carlos in Brazil, fast defender that also uses his speed on attacking the flanks.

Old 07-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #115
Radii
Head Coach

Its on!

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/....php?p=1194165
Old 07-11-2006, 02:48 AM   #116
siread
n00b

It's interesting to hear that you are setting your own rules for extra realism. Plans for NSS4 are to make it as realistic as possible on the hardest level. Work has begun but I'm rebuilding the game completely, so don't hold your breathe.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:03 AM   #117
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
It's interesting to hear that you are setting your own rules for extra realism.

We are fairly hardcore gamers over here at FOFC, if you read through the football dynasties you'll see that almost everyone uses some sort of house rules to keep it from being too easy to finish 14-2 and make the super bowl every year In the last career I played, I did the path where you train stamina to 30, then pace to 30, then shooting to 20+... before doing anything else at all(including playing a match), and by the end of my first season I could score 5 goals a game at the conference level and started getting offers from higher level clubs... which I turned down, so I could continue to star in the conference until I trained myself up better. Just too easy to be a massive success